Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 07:30 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 50 year olds #204

G'day all,

I am sure none of you will be able to BUT notice my new avatar!!!
I have had it for some time but it was too big to put up, now if only I was as determined with sticking to WW as I was in finding out how to reduce the size of this avatar, I should do well
At least it will remind me each day that is my goal!

DD and her dh are leaving again tomorrow morning. It has been nice having them here but in some ways I am somewhat disappointed, their room is an absolute She knows that I am a bit fussy but it almost seems as though she is pushing just to see what it will take before I HAVE to say something. I KNOW if I was to say something she will ask me if it is more important to have a tidy house or have them stay, a bit of a no-win situation. The one thing I do know is that they are very clean, clothes are changed several times a day and go straight in the wash. DH agrees with me but it does not bother him as much and he feels I should just forget about it for this short time.
Tonight we will take them out to dinner which should be nice.

It is still very hot but a bit of a change is forecasted for tonight.
Tomorrow, I will have a bit of a 'spring' clean and will put all Xmas decorations away again for another year.
DS and new wife are returning from Sydney tomorrow where they had to attend a wedding then they will be leaving at the end of next week for their 'proper' honeymoon in Perth in Western Australia for 15 days.

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 12-28-2002, 10:29 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Thumbs up it came down all by itself..

I made myself a nice hot cup of Mocha Coffee... turned on the tree lights and as I was contemplating life... my tree fell down. It fell forward, breaking a lot of my beautiful decorations. Fortunately my prized sea shell from Maui that Slavika gave me and the special angels from my DD didn't break. There was such a mess.. hubby helped me clean it up. Looks like we are buying a new tree next year.
Maria I noticed your avatar and it is one that I could use too. I had 2 desserts tonight (1 was ice cream) to soothe my shattered nerves
I don't think the younger generation is as fussy as we are. My DD drove me nuts before she got married. I forgot where your DD lives.. is it far from you?

Well that was all the excitement I can stand for one day.
Old 12-28-2002, 11:58 PM   #3  

Slavika ,I took inderal for years to help decrease migraine's. I think it was a waste of money because I was still rergularly hitting the Emergency Room for big time drugs. Thank heavens for Imitrex. Until that came along I would spend days in pain and in a dark room. I began to get them when I was 15 they got worse as I got older. I was always told that I would grow out of them Well this is the first year I can say maybe they were right .(I am now 56) Where I used to get between 7and 10 a month I am down to maybe 2. There is another drug that is used to prevent Migraines It Is Antripaline or something like that. A friend is taking it and it is helping but it took many months to kick in. This was I'm sure more than you wanted to know. Sorry.

Bought a stacking washer and dryer today. We are remodling the laundry room to make room for the new freeze. Also bought new swag lamps for the livingroom and dining room. Went to Brainerd for eggs and spent way more that the price of eggs!!!!

Maria, Trudy is right our kids are not the neat freeks we are. This is what we did all those years when we didn't work outside the home. Now days every one seems to a two paycheck family.

Got to go to bed.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:02 AM   #4  

Trudy thats no way to get your tree down. Must have been a shock My cat once took mine apart during the night. She was almost a pair of mittens.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:49 PM   #5  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Trudy Christmas tree is down.... DH helped me with all the boxes etc and took the lights off the tree. I dusted and he ran the vacuum around the house so things are pretty much back to normal in my house now. By the way, I will still take Imitrex when I get a headache, the Inderal is to try to prevent the headaches from coming.
Karen thank you so much for your input, and no you didn't tell me too much, that is exactly what I wanted to know. I have had headaches for years just like you and the doctor told me that I took Inderal a few years back. I'm thinking if it was so wonderful I would have continued taking it. However, he felt I should give it a try again anyway. I don't know if you ever figured out why you get migraines, but I have kept journals many many times to see if there was a pattern and if there is I don't see it. I "THINK" it has something to do with the weather but I don't even know for sure if that is true.

Maria I love your new avatar...maybe each time I log on to our board it will be a reminder to me to do something about getting these extra pounds off.
See you all later, have a nice day.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:19 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Angry Happy New Year

Hi everyone: Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and Maria the pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them. I agree with everybody--the red dress is great and you look wonderful in it. You looked very relaxed and happy. Best wishes to the new couple.

We had a very nice Christmas with many friends in our clubhouse, as no family came down this year. But...there was just one bad part of our holiday. Some idiot in our household (me) on Christmas eve morning, left the water running in the bathroom to answer the phone. Then talked with my DD and completely forgot. Came in to find squish squish. Borrowed a shop vac and sucked up mucho water. Used fans and electric heaters to dry out as much as we could. Then first thing Thursday a.m. called the insurance, and the contractor. They sent in Service Master who put in a big humidifier and a blower/dryer, had to be on 3 days. They sprayed the carpet with fungicide to prevent mildew.
It was so noisy we had to sleep in the guest room. Also I couldn't spend any time in the bedroom as the blower stirred up so much dust etc. that I couln't breath well-hence no reading, or posting. Got the machinery out on Sat. and now I am trying to catch up on all sorts of things.

The other unpleasantness was that I roasted a 20lb turkey to take to the clubhouse. We had to carve it here, and trying to get it out of the roasting bag, onto the carving board, and save the broth, turned out to be a bigger job than we thought. Consequently, a lot of broth leaked all over the top of the stove and onto the floor. (The dog had a lovely time licking it up, before I could get it cleaned up : ) So we cleaned up as much as we could, then went and had a great time, but came back later to do a real cleaning job and mop the floor.

Oh well. It really was a nice day, and I have been forgiven for my lapse of memory. The 27th was our anniversary, 27 years. But we have a lot of years of marriage experience between the two of us. We went to the Olive Garden and had a lovely evening, remembering all the snow we had to deal with all those years ago.

I know what you mean, Slavika about feeling the arteries harden
Now back to the WW program. I love the Creme Brulee. Sounded wonderful.

Karen: Glad you are feeling better. Just don't go too fast. It will take a while to get all y our strength back, I'm sure.

Trudy: That was some way to get your tree down. That happened to us once, as our cat wanted to climb it, but had no luck. We were so late getting all our decorations up this year, we probably won't take them down until after New Years.

Lily: I agree with you about the bracelets being too much trouble to keep moving the charm. I have become so used to counting in my head that I would never bother.They are rather pretty, just as a bracelet. And how about the new WW logo?

Peggy: Hope all were satisfied with your last minute creations. I'm sure they were wonderful. Did you get a lot of snow? Our family in Central New York were about snowed in on Christmas.

Glenda: Hope you had a happy Oklahoma Christmas with family and friends.

My BIL and SIL will be here for New Years eve and New Years day before they travel further south for the rest of the winter. I expect we will just have a quiet evening, with a little sparkling cider, and be in bed before the silver ball drops in Times Square.
There is a dance at the clubhouse, annnnd my DH is so happy that his brother is coming, so he doesn't have to go.

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Ann
Old 12-29-2002, 07:39 PM   #7  

Maria love your new avatar. I wish that was me shrinking down. Now is the time to really get serious[again] and lose this weight. I love your wedding pictures. You look great in red. I think there is a song about the lady in red. Your wedding was beautiful-what a perfect day. Trudy what a way to take your tree down. I plan to take the decorations tomorrow. Karen I have a tiny house and last year I got a Charlie Brown tree. It is really skinny and fits in just right. I also don't have to put a lot on it. I hope you get over your cold. Slavika hope that the medicine works for you. I have had just a few migraines years ago. I can't imagine getting them as often as you and Karen. Love the Princess' comment about Santa and the diet Coke. I had all my family here Christmas Day. We played stealing bingo which must be like your game. The prizes were just wonderful. LOL Our friend died Christmas Day so we had funeral things all weekend. Felt so bad for his family. We went to see Catch Me if You Can last night. It was good and a nice way to finish a depressing weekend. I am tired and am going to bed early.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:54 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

Peggy: So sorry about your friend. The loss of a loved one at Holiday time makes each succesive holiday hard. I'm sure the family is very happy for your support. Ann
Old 12-30-2002, 07:02 PM   #9  

G'day all,

Ann what an eventful Christmas you had!!! You poor thing! Hope your house and carpets is back how it should be.

Peggy that must be so bad to loose a loved one at Christmas time.

We all seemed to have had an eventful Christmas of one sort or another.

DD and her dh are back in Melbourne again (someone asked, it is about an 8 -9 hour drive from Adelaide)
I now have my sister stay with me who came over from Sydney for the wedding. I saw very little of her in Sydney because we just do not get on. She has only been here a day and half and I have had more than enough. She has never married and KNOWS everything about married life, kids etc. etc. I guess the reason she knows so much is that she just wants to know the ins and outs of EVERYTHING and never shuts up for 5 minutes
She has very few friends and is now thinking of moving to Adelaide after living in Sydney for 30 years. DH is driving her around at the moment for her to get a feel for the area she may want to live.
We were invited to a New Year's Eve party tonight but we have decided not to bother because my sister being here. I am going to crumb some prawns and we will have a nice meal at home and watch some TV.

Thank goodness we have had a very cool change move in and it is almost back to winter after some very high temperatures.

I hope you will all enjoy your New Year's eve and wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful 2003.

Cheers
Maria
Old 12-31-2002, 12:00 PM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Love the new Avatar! Your new Years sounds wonderful to me!

Trudy: OMG Im so sorry about your tree. Bet that was a shock! Sorry to hear you lost some ornaments to

Karen: Redoing the Laudry room. How fun! I would love to have the stackable washer dryer. Be nice to have the extra space. Maybe when these die I will.

Ann: Oh no! Im sure it was a mess to clean up. Sounds awful. IS the Insurance going to take care of it? I like the new logo. They actually gave us a pin at Innovations. Its quite nice. They gave us a bunch of stuff for Christmas to. Was quite suprised. Thats where I got the braclet. WOuld never buy it to track points my self. But it is pretty to wear

Peggy: SO sorry to hear about your friend. Its a hard time of year for that to happen. Im sure you helped the family alot.

Slavika: How are the headaches? Are the pills working?

Staying home tonight myself. I got Tom Cruise's new movie to watch.
Cant wait! Love him! Must be a Tom thing

Happy New Years to all!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:03 PM   #11  
Net browser

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

When DH gets home from work we are going to head out to our friends place in the country to celebrate the new year with them.
We are going to do up steaks and lobster and they have an indoor swimming pool and hot tub so we can do that too if we want to. We are staying the night, so that we can have a couple of glasses of wine without worrying about it.
These are really good friends of ours and they leave for Maui on Monday and we will not see them again until the middle of April. Lily I have not had a headache since I started taking the new medication. I am sure I will likely still get them but maybe not as often. Ann oh boy, what a mess or should I say messes you had to clean up. The other day I knocked a big container of margarine off the counter (and the top was off) and of course "Murphy's Law" it landed UPSIDE DOWN....so I had this big blop of stuff to clean off the floor.
Peggy I think "Stealing Bingo" is likely the same game we played and called "Dirty Santa". When I looked the game up on the internet, it was called many different things, like, Rob your Neighbour, Stealing Santa, Yankee Exchange and there was more but I don't remember. Maria how do you feel about your sister moving to Adelaide? Does she know other people besides you and your DH in Adelaide?
Karen hope you continue to feel better. Those eggs you bought were kind of expensive. LOL LOL
Trudy I think the reason your grandbaby is waiting a bit to be born is that it is just to cold out.
I wish each of you good health, your fair share of happiness, and a little bit wealth. Talk to you all in 2003.

Last edited by slavika; 12-31-2002 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:58 PM   #12  

May you all have a Happy New Year. I think that Maria has already celebrated. We are going to a house party close to us. I am sure I will be the dd since I very seldomly drink.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:56 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Wow, we have an updated site now. I was going to wish everyone a Happy New Year last night and the site was down. We had a quiet evening, just the two of us.
I hope everyone here has a very HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2003

Old 01-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #14  

G'day all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR

My New Year started off badly but it is getting better all the time

I received a virus in an email on New Year's Eve . Sister was still here who knows little about computers but had lots of advice
DH ended up having to strip my whole computer and start again, what a job that was. Luckily we have dh's work computer and were able to search the internet to find out about things that we were unsure of. All seems to be working OK now but I have lost data and of course all my programs have to be re-installed.

Yesterday went to visit my other sister who lives here in Adelaide with the sister from Sydney. My Adelaide sister feels the same as I do, so it is good to have a bit of 'whine' to her, at least we know that we are not imagening things. My sister from Sydney is quite wealthy (inherited from a girlfriend) but lives on the smell of an oily rag. When we visited her a few times whilst in Sydney there never is anything in the fridge, she calls herself the carboard dinner queen, she only ever eats crappy pre-cooked meals from supermarkets or pizza's. She says there is no need for her to have food in the house. Whilst she was here she said 'NO' to nothing!!! Whatever I offered her food or drinkwise, she readily accepted with the clarification that she normally would not eat it but she was being 'polite'.
I doubt if she would ever make the move to Adelaide, she has never had to make a descision by herself and she hates change.
I could go on but I won't, phew.... I hear you all say

Love the new look of the site and will post the '3fc' to congratulate them and thank them for continueing to provide us with such a great site.

I have visitors...........
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-01-2003, 11:11 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Angry 2003!

Happy New Year

Hope everyone had a great celebration. Bil and Sil stopped on their way further South, a bit late, as they lost a wheel on their trailer, so we had a fashionably late dinner. It was pouring rain, and after dinner we had to take them back to the campground. By the time we got back, we were both tired and never did see the New Year come in. Just went to bed.

Happy to report that the insurance will take care of our repairs, except for the deductible, of course. We have had the contractor and adjuster here, and now are just waiting for the work to begin, as the contractor becomes free. We did get everything dried out, so we wouldn't have mildew. That blower was so powerful the it raised the carpet about 6 inches off the floor.. And they sprayed everything with a fungicide.

Got the outside Christmas decorations down, and the inside ones go down tomorrow. Then back to normal. I'll be gald to get back on the program. How about you?

Maria: I don't imagine your sister offered to take you out to dinner, since she sounds Like a 'piece of work'. I can understand that you and your other sister will breath a sigh of relief that she would decide not to move.

Slavika: An inside pool and hot tub. Just the way to see in the New Year. Glad the medication is helping with the headaches.

Karen: Your laundry room project sounds like fun to plan. I hadn't planned to haave new bedroom/bathroom cabinets.: But now I am looking forward to chosing some.

Trudy: Be sure and let us know when the new baby puts in an appearance.

Peggy: I'm always the dd too. It's a good thing to have one, as there are so many auto accidents when people drive under the 'influence'.

Lily: Nice that WW gave out some good gifts. Shows ones work is appreciated.

Glenda: Hope you had a nice New Years Celebration.

Good night all. Ann
Closed Thread