100 lb. Club - Getting Out Of The 260's

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Getting Out Of The 260's

cajun moma
04-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi, I'm looking to get out of the 260's. I made 269 about 2 weeks ago but I was scared to join in on a 260 thread until I was sure it was gonna stick.
Then 2 days ago I weighed in at 267, so I thought I'd look for some others who are in the same spot. Hopefully we can all get to the 250's together. :)

lindaisnuts
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
I am in! I have my menu and exercise regiment layed out to start on Monday! I am at 264. I am doing the South Beach diet based on the suggestion of my doctor and I am hoping to start out exercising at least twice a week. This isn't much and is not the suggested amount, but it's what I want to commit to for now!

ilidawn
04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm in too! I was sooo close to being out of the 260's about a week ago but after a depressing week with a lot of binging I'm back up. I haven't checked myself today but the other day I was already back up to 265.

Edit: I need a new scale...and an apartment with a flat floor somewhere in it lol. I just weighed myself and it said 262.5, realised I needed to potty so I weighed again after it said 261.5. I then put my handweights on it (2 5lb weights) and it came up to 10.5 a few times so I re-weighed myself and it said 260.5....I have no idea if I should trust the thing now D:

cajun moma
04-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi lindaisuts,
Sound like you have a good plan, I like the SB Diet. Out of all the diets I've done, (and there have been many) it seems the most reasonable and healthy to me. And 2 days of exercise is great if thats what you can do right now. It's sure better than none, and before you know it you'll work your way up to 3. :)

Hi ilidawn,
Glad to hear your closer than you thought! lol :) I have a digital scale and I don't totally trust it either. I have to make sure nothings touching it, and position it and myself perfectly. Even then I get different readings, usually I weigh 3 times and go with the reading that comes up at least twice.

Bulletproof Heart
04-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I am at 266.8 so ready to be out of it!! :)

authentic
04-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I am SO in! I just threw my cheap $20 scale out and ordered a really good one on Amazon and it arrived today. I have been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for 3 weeks now. I am ready to be in the 250's. I am doing a combination of weight watchers and South Beach. (I am doing WW online but not eating many carbs and not eating sugars or fruits right now) I find that I still need to count points/calories on South Beach or I don't lose anything. But not having the sugars and carbs keeps me from getting hungry.

Let's do this together!

ilidawn
04-16-2011, 03:31 PM
I just bought a new scale last night. It's not fancy or anything but it measures in .2 increments while my old, beat up one went in .5's. It may sound weird but I think it'll help me be more motivated to have it more exact. I need to quit my night eating though because I realised that I eat almost twice as many calories before bed than I do throughout the day D: so ashamed of myself :(

authentic
04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I just bought a new scale last night. It's not fancy or anything but it measures in .2 increments while my old, beat up one went in .5's. It may sound weird but I think it'll help me be more motivated to have it more exact. I need to quit my night eating though because I realised that I eat almost twice as many calories before bed than I do throughout the day D: so ashamed of myself :(

I am a night eater too, especially after a stressful day at work. Usually I am not even hungry and it is emotional eating. I always save enough calories/points for a protein bar or protein drink at night and that seems to be helping me.

cajun moma
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Ilidawn,
You have no reason to be ashamed of yourself! Night time is the hardest time for me also.

cajun moma
04-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Authenic,
Let us know how your new scale works. I may be in the market for one
soon! :) I also do sort of a modified south beach.

authentic
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Authenic,
Let us know how your new scale works. I may be in the market for one
soon! :)

Well my weigh in day is tomorrow so I will let you all know how it goes. :D

I actually threw the old one across the room in frustration when I got 4 different readings all 5-7 or so lbs different from each other within minutes of each other. :stress:

I knew I was really needing an attitude adjustment about this diet, and I sheepishly went on amazon and bought a better scale. :o

ilidawn
04-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks authentic and cajun moma :) I think a big thing for me is I eat it to fill the emptiness (though that's a bottomless pit lol) and after I start I just give up. I'm going to try and keep things to look at near my bed that will remind me to stop.

authentic
04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Thanks authentic and cajun moma :) I think a big thing for me is I eat it to fill the emptiness (though that's a bottomless pit lol) and after I start I just give up. I'm going to try and keep things to look at near my bed that will remind me to stop.

Sometimes I eat to fill the emptiness and sometimes I eat to fill the boredom and sometimes I eat to numb the anger and the stress and the frustration.

I think of it this way: When I eat for any of those reasons, I am just taking out my pain and frustration on myself. Eating never makes me feel better in the long run, although I have to admit it does numb me and sometimes that is all I am looking for at that moment.

ilidawn
04-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Hmm...actually the past few nights I've been eating to numb the anger too (my roomie/ex fiance is getting on my nerves). What I find aggravating is feeling like there's something I want yet nothing in the house takes care of the cravings. It's probably all emotional huh?

authentic
04-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Hmm...actually the past few nights I've been eating to numb the anger too (my roomie/ex fiance is getting on my nerves). What I find aggravating is feeling like there's something I want yet nothing in the house takes care of the cravings. It's probably all emotional huh?

Whenever I have really strong cravings it is usually emotions that I am trying not to feel at that moment, especially anger.

Whenever I want really fatty food like pizza, or a burger, or chips or something it almost always means I am angry and/or sad.

ilidawn
04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
That would explain why no matter what I eat I'm never satisfied

cajun moma
04-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Stupid scale says I gained a pound! :tantrum: Thats why I usually don't weigh on the weekends! Its so hard to stay on track on the weekend. I try to weigh around Thurs. for just that reason, but sometimes I just can't seem to help myself. I know I didn't get enough water fri. & sat., hopefully thats it. :(

OhMyDogs
04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I am here too...just joining the 260's groups this morning because I weighed in, and am at 269.8! It's close but it still counts! WOOHOO!

OhMyDogs
04-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Stupid scale says I gained a pound! :tantrum: Thats why I usually don't weigh on the weekends! Its so hard to stay on track on the weekend. I try to weigh around Thurs. for just that reason, but sometimes I just can't seem to help myself. I know I didn't get enough water fri. & sat., hopefully thats it. :(

That happened to me last week, for me it was sodium. Now I am super careful about my sodium intake before weighing in!

authentic
04-17-2011, 01:58 PM
I weighed in at 261 lbs today. (I lost 2 lbs) I am liking my new scale! (I made sure that I adjusted my old weight, new weight on the new scale so that I am really measuring weight loss and not differences in scales).

Now that I am being a bit more active, I am out of my plateau.

Sodium always does me in, and I have really been watching the labels and making sure I don't take in too much sodium. For instance I used to drink spicy v8 juice like it was water, until I finally read the label and saw that EACH GLASS has 33% of my daily sodium allowance! (and that is assuming I measure out an 8 ounce glass, which we all know I was not doing......)

Bulletproof Heart
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Congrats on the awesome drop authentic :)

Im down to 265.8! Almost half way out of the 260s!

ilidawn
04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Congrats authentic, that's awesome! I haven't weighed myself today..kind of afraid to lol. You're almost out of the 260's though, keep it up!

cajun moma
04-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Welcome OhmyDogs,
Congrats. on making it to the 260's! :) I think your right about the sodium!

cajun moma
04-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Authentic, Great job!!! Keep up the good work! :)

lindaisnuts
04-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey guys! So today starts the newest journey... Mondays I don't have to go in to work until late so I don't start eating until 11... so I don't eat breakfast. I always have lunch and dinner and I am sure I will find a place for my 2 snacks ;) So far today I had a nice salad with some egg, cheese and turkey for protein. I have edamame at the ready for my snack in a couple hours :)
I have a suggestion for the night snacking... I like to use sunflower seeds. I get them in the shell and suck off the salt then break them open and it them... I spend quite a bit of time with each seed, so I don't really eat that much but it keeps be busy and feeling like I am eating.

MEH1969
04-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Hello! I'd like to join. I've been stalled the last few days, but I didn't do that well this weekend.

It's frustrating.

authentic
04-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks ilidawn and cajun moma for the support! I am having a stressful day at work today and trying not to eat to numb myself. I just drank a protein drink as a snack (sugar free) so hopefully that will get me through my emotional stress until dinner.

Welcome lindaisnuts and MEH1969!

cajun moma
04-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Welcome MEH1969,
I didn't do my best this weekend either. Hopefully I can get back on track this week.

TwilightBloom
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I seem to be stuck here. I am at 265, I was 261, ugh I gotta get on track.

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Hello. First Time Poster, Long Time Thread Stalker (kinda).

I am sitting in the middle of the 260s (265) and I also seem to be stuck there. I have been trying to lose weight for around two months and I initially dropped 10lbs but nothing since April started and I am not sure what I am doing wrong (or not doing).

OhMyDogs
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Welcome Srt4852! What are you "doing" to lose weight? Are you on Weight Watchers? Counting Calories? South Beach? etc? Lets see if we can help :)

ilidawn
04-19-2011, 02:57 PM
261.6 today! I'm happy especially since I feel like I've eaten too much bad food lately (some of it's mental though because even a bite feels like a ton). So close to getting out though!

cajun moma
04-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Welcome Twilightbloom and srt4852 :)

Hey ilidawn,
Great job, you'll be in the 250's before you know it! :D

ilidawn
04-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks cajun moma! I just worry because I've failed so many times..I don't want to sabotage myself though so I keep coming here to remind myself that if so many people here can be strong then so can I :)

lindaisnuts
04-20-2011, 12:55 PM
I am soooo close! I have lost 2.5 lbs and I am down to 261.5. So exciting!
Trying to get in a little exercise every day... a very little, but better than nothing!

cajun moma
04-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Great Job lindaisnuts! Your right a little is better than none. Keep up the good work!:)

authentic
04-20-2011, 07:10 PM
I had an really stressful day at work today. One of my worst days for a long time. But I am proud of myself. I stuck to my diet even though every fiber of my being wanted to go out for the biggest, fattest cheeseburger I could find.

I ate my salad for lunch instead and kept my eye on the prize of a healthier body.

I am eating a healthy dinner of thai style tuna and chickpeas and brussel sprouts as I type this. I will work out after I digest.

It feels great to have not binged today

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Welcome Srt4852! What are you "doing" to lose weight? Are you on Weight Watchers? Counting Calories? South Beach? etc? Lets see if we can help :)

Thanks All for the welcomes.

I am not following a specific "plan" like weight watchers or south beach ( I can't really afford it as I am guilty of being a broke new college graduate). I guess the closest would be calorie counting...minus the counting. *guilty* Essentially I write down everything I eat but I do not calculate the calories. On the days I do calculate I am usually around 1500-1900. To maintain my weight I need to eat around 2200 to 2500 a day. :?: Granted on some days I fall off the band wagon (not many) and I do eat out rather often I only order based on how healthy dishes are.

I have also become pretty active and I work out 30 - 45 at least 3 mornings a week (cardio). Then I do another 60 mins (cardio) on 2 afternoons in addition to 60 mins of weight lifting on the same nights.

I have to be missing something. Someone at the YMCA I go to suggested I cut out carbs. Any advice people can give will be amazingly helpful!

@lindaisnuts: Congrats on the loss! I agree that is always epic to see the scale move (in the right direction at any rate!)

@authentic: Will Power of Steel, you have.

cajun moma
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Weighed today. Still at 267, no loss, but no gain either. :dunno: Stinks to not see the scale move, but I did measure today and I have lost some inches. It doesn't feel as good as losing weight, but its something I guess. At least I know all that exercise is doing some good.

MEH1969
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
srt4852, are your clothes getting any looser? You may be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. That could be why you are not seeing a change.

As for me, I'm kind of stagnant lately. I'm hovering around 260.4 and can't seem to budge. I'm really trying to ramp down carbs though, so I'm hoping that will help.

cajun moma
04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
I hope thats whats happening to me too. :)

authentic
04-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Happy Easter! I am down 2 lbs and am at 259, but since my sodium intake will most likely push me right back up, I am staying in this thread. :D

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
I feel like I will be staying in this thread for a while as well. >_< I really need to crack down this week.

OhMyDogs
04-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Thanks All for the welcomes.

I am not following a specific "plan" like weight watchers or south beach ( I can't really afford it as I am guilty of being a broke new college graduate). I guess the closest would be calorie counting...minus the counting. *guilty* Essentially I write down everything I eat but I do not calculate the calories. On the days I do calculate I am usually around 1500-1900. To maintain my weight I need to eat around 2200 to 2500 a day. :?: Granted on some days I fall off the band wagon (not many) and I do eat out rather often I only order based on how healthy dishes are.

I have also become pretty active and I work out 30 - 45 at least 3 mornings a week (cardio). Then I do another 60 mins (cardio) on 2 afternoons in addition to 60 mins of weight lifting on the same nights.

I have to be missing something. Someone at the YMCA I go to suggested I cut out carbs. Any advice people can give will be amazingly helpful!

@lindaisnuts: Congrats on the loss! I agree that is always epic to see the scale move (in the right direction at any rate!)

@authentic: Will Power of Steel, you have.

I am a calorie counter myself. What I like about it is that it's free, it's easy, it's flexible, and it's working. What I don't like about it, is it's a bit of a pain in the butt. I am used to it now though, and it's just become habit. I eat 1600-1800 calories a day. I am trying to lower my carbs some, but not cutting them out. Personally (and we are all different), I find I get really hungry if I don't eat some carbs with each meal. If you can cut down, or cut out carbs without feeling hungry, that's awesome!

cajun moma
04-25-2011, 12:33 PM
AUTHENTIC, 2 more lbs., thats super! You are doing sooo well !!!! Thats 61lbs. right?! I'm sure you'll stay below 260, but we're happy to keep you with us a little longer. When you feel its time to move on start us a 250's spot so we can meet you there. lol :)

authentic
04-25-2011, 01:16 PM
AUTHENTIC, 2 more lbs., thats super! You are doing sooo well !!!! Thats 61lbs. right?! I'm sure you'll stay below 260, but we're happy to keep you with us a little longer. When you feel its time to move on start us a 250's spot so we can meet you there. lol :)

51 lbs. I WISH it were 61 lbs LOL! I want to stay in this thread. You are all awesome!

But once I lose a few more pounds I will start another thread if you promise to join me there. :D

shawnee66
04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Authentic congratulations on getting out of the 260's.

I'm currently stuck in the 260's. I am following the weight watchers plan and I keep losing and gaining the same 2.5 lbs. I'm currently at 264.6. I'm so frustrated, because I stay within in my points everyday and I work out 4x a week doing both cardio and strength training. I'm not going to give up.

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Authentic congratulations on getting out of the 260's.

I'm currently stuck in the 260's. I am following the weight watchers plan and I keep losing and gaining the same 2.5 lbs. I'm currently at 264.6. I'm so frustrated, because I stay within in my points everyday and I work out 4x a week doing both cardio and strength training. I'm not going to give up.

I am not following weight watchers but I am having the same problem! 264.something is kicking my butt currently! I never seem to get below that. =(

authentic
04-25-2011, 03:29 PM
The new weight watcher's plan had me on a two month plateau. The only way I got out of it was to lower my carbs again and to up my protein to insane amounts so that I lose the water. I find if I have protein bars and protein drinks as my snacks that my protein levels are up and I pee more. (seriously that may offend, but it works lol :D)

I also have found that I cannot use any weekly extra points on the new plan. I lose nothing if I use them.

I have to watch my sodium too. I retain water like crazy.

cajun moma
04-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Authentic,
Sorry for the bad math! lol But 51 is still awsome! I promise when you move on I'll meet you there asap! :)

OhMyDogs
04-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Sigh....my mother in law flew in to spend the weekend with us. It was a wonderful visit, but today my husband had to go back to work, so I had to drive her to the airport (1.5 hours each way). My ear started hurting on and off this morning, and was really bothering me on the drive, but I kind of ignored it. I mentioned it in passing to my husband, who thought I should have it checked out. Turns out I have a double ear infection....I hope antibiotics don't have calories!

shawnee66
04-27-2011, 11:16 AM
The new weight watcher's plan had me on a two month plateau. The only way I got out of it was to lower my carbs again and to up my protein to insane amounts so that I lose the water. I find if I have protein bars and protein drinks as my snacks that my protein levels are up and I pee more. (seriously that may offend, but it works lol :D)

I also have found that I cannot use any weekly extra points on the new plan. I lose nothing if I use them.

I have to watch my sodium too. I retain water like crazy.

I was just thinking about lowering my carb intake because I just can't understand why I'm not losing any weight. I'm going to try to up my protein and see if that helps.

My co-worker's wife told me the same thing about the extra points.

georgepds
04-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi

Well, I'd like to join. My weight yesterday was 262, so I still qualify. It has been a good month, I looked back on when I first posted, on 4/4, and was just under 270

I swear, walking is the key for me

georgepds
04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
I am not following a specific "plan" .. I have to be missing something. Someone at the YMCA I go to suggested I cut out carbs. Any advice people can give will be amazingly helpful!

Well , besides walking, my plan, such as it is, was to cut out all high carb foods ( bread., pasta, rice, potatoes, cookies, cake, candy, cereal) I still eat a lot of vegies ( but are low carb density, think salads with lots of greens)

When I started, I just could not bear to think of obsessing over details, I wanted rules of thumb easy to apply

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-27-2011, 01:51 PM
@ Georgepds: Oh man. I can easily give up some of that (bread, pasta, rice) but do I have to give up POTATOES?! *wails*

OhMyDogs
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
@ Georgepds: Oh man. I can easily give up some of that (bread, pasta, rice) but do I have to give up POTATOES?! *wails*

LOL I can understand your position. While potatoes and pasta were easy for me to give up (just because of the caloric denseness of them), giving up bread and rice are not so much, however I HAVE reduced them.

cajun moma
04-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I have a hard time with bread and rice too! I love sandwiches and rice is a staple in Louisiana. I am trying to cut back on these, but it is a struggle.

fitwayoflife
04-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Last time I weighed 2 days ago, I was 266.6. My Weight Watchers weight in day is on Mondays. I hope to be down a little from that. Last weigh in-day on Monday, I was 268.4. I started on April 6th at 273.2 pounds.

authentic
04-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I have a hard time with bread and rice too! I love sandwiches and rice is a staple Louisiana. I am trying to cut back on these, but it is a struggle.

Louisiana has such delicious food that I would constantly be tempted if I lived there. :dizzy:

Giving up bread was not as hard as I thought it would be. After the first week or so, my cravings for it were gone.

cajun moma
04-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Fitwayoflife, thats great progress! Let us know monday how it goes.:)

authentic
05-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I am down 2 more lbs this week and weighed in at 257. I am still going to stay in this group though because I think all you ladies rock! :)

I have a total of 53 pounds lost since December. :carrot: I still have a long long way to go, but I am feeling at least I understand what it is going to take to get there.

cajun moma
05-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Authentic, your doing so great! I'm so happy for you! :D And please stay as long as you like, seeing your progress helps motivate me!:)

fitwayoflife
05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Fitwayoflife, thats great progress! Let us know monday how it goes.:)

thank you!

fitwayoflife
05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
TOM, so still lost, but not as much as i had hoped.

4/6 - 273.2
4/25 - 268.4
5/2 - 267.6
5/9 -
5/16 -
5/32 -
5/30 -
6/6 -
6/13 -
6/20 -
6/27 -
7/4 - 245.6

Somni
05-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I am down 2 more lbs this week and weighed in at 257. I am still going to stay in this group though because I think all you ladies rock! :)

I have a total of 53 pounds lost since December. :carrot: I still have a long long way to go, but I am feeling at least I understand what it is going to take to get there.

Wow that is fantastic!

authentic
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Wow that is fantastic!

Thanks Somni! I notice you have a go blue slogan. Did you go to University of Michigan? I live in Ann Arbor and am an alumni. :)

MissAngelle
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Joining in, as I have been slowly inching my weigh out of the 260s. I love threads like this as it keeps my motivation on track. I'm doing a calorie cycling program...keeping on track during the work week and then adjust accordingly on the weekend. If I want something bad enough, I have to "weight" until the weekend, giving myself full permission to enjoy. Most times, I forget I want something and eat healthier.

Hoping to say goodbye to the 260s soon!

Hello Nurse
05-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi, I'd like to join too! I've posted on 3FC on and off for quite a while, but lately mostly lurking. I need some accountability and I really need to get out of the 260's! I was down to 255 before the holidays hit and it all went to heck in a handbasket. So mad at myself that it took so long to get back on track.

I am doing WW at home, but I use a lot of the South Beach principles too. Trying to up my exercise also. Today hubby and I had to repair a fence so I figured that was my workout for the day :) Tomorrow it's back on the treadmill and will do my hand weight routine. Thanks for this thread, it's just what I needed!

cajun moma
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
:) WELCOME MISS ANGELLE,
Your making great progess, you'll be in the 250's before you know it!

:) WELCOME HELLO NURSE,
I also got of track during Easter break. With the kids home and a virus making the rounds through the house I was just overwhelmed. I guess the important part is not falling off the horse, but dusting ourselves off and getting back on.;) Thats where I'm at this week. I am thinking of trying the weight watcher/south beach thing too. I've heard a few others mention it and it sound like a good plan.

authentic
05-03-2011, 07:50 PM
:) WELCOME MISS ANGELLE,
Your making great progess, you'll be in the 250's before you know it!

:) WELCOME HELLO NURSE,
I also got of track during Easter break. With the kids home and a virus making the rounds through the house I was just overwhelmed. I guess the important part is not falling off the horse, but dusting ourselves off and getting back on.;) Thats where I'm at this week. I am thinking of trying the weight watcher/south beach thing too. I've heard a few others mention it and it sound like a good plan.

The weightwatchers online/modified south beach combo is working for me. I have to eat low carbs or I don't lose any weight at all. But I also have to count points or calories or I eat too much and don't lose weight. I find Atkins too restrictive and too hard to follow with counting every since carb including vegetables. With South beach you don't have to count carbs but you are basically following a low carb diet.

I have much less hunger when I cut my carbs.

Hello Nurse
05-03-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm so frustrated this week. I weigh in officially on Fridays, but I weigh daily just to monitor. I'm used to fluctuations and they don't bother me, but since Friday when I weighed in at 265, I've been steadily going up a pound or so per day. I was 267 this morning and based on how bloated I feel I will probably be 268 or so in the am :(

I'm going to have to buckle down and cut the sodium, and I guess tighten up even more on the carbs. I don't mind the daily up and down, but when I am steadily increasing for several days, something is wrong. What gets me even more is Hubby has a Whopper Junior and small fries for lunch the other day and shows a loss on the scale the next day...I eat a salad and grilled chicken with a small amount of lite Ranch, plus I put in time on the treadmill, and I'm up the next day. Darn men and their metabolisms, so unfair!

authentic
05-04-2011, 12:28 AM
When I go up like that it is almost always water retention from too much sodium. It is so hard to watch carbs, sugar, fat AND sodium!

I also sometimes do not drink enough water. You have to drink at least a half a gallon a day to really see the weight come off an get flushed from your system.

TwilightBloom
05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I am still here, at 264 today. I wanna stop the yoyo effect, im gonna make a point to get over 64 oz of water today. I hope soon to be seeing everyone in a get me out of the 250's thread.. I can't wait.

OhMyDogs
05-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Well, I ended up gaining 2lbs (while staying on plan) that I couldn't manage to get off. I went off plan for about 6 days, and when I got back on the scale, I had lost some of that weight. I hope that I will officially be back in the 260's at my next weigh in, which won't be until Monday. This morning though, the scale said 269.8, so that made my day!

MissAngelle
05-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks Cajun Moma!

I have been a little side tracked this week and am a bit cranky about it. I know it isn't the end of the world and I haven't fallen into a pit of fast food, but even too much of good food doesn't work. I also have been off extra exercise while a slight injury is healing. I've had these fluctuations on occasion and my weight hiccups to match, and I know I'm still in a downward motion....it's just I'm not happy about it. (grumbles)

OhMyDogs
05-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Well, I decided to move my weigh in day to Friday. It's most likely, in hindsight, that if I am going to have BBQ, or something else high in sodium it will probably be on the weekend(because my husband cooks on the weekends), so if I have my weigh in on Friday, I can more easily avoid the water weight issue.

So, I weighed in today at 268.5. Also TOM started this morning, not sure if I was "suffering" from any water weight as of first thing this morning, but if not, it WILL happen! LOL. So I will just avoid the scale completely for the week!

cajun moma
05-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I weigh on Fridays for that exact reason OHMYDOGS. If I'm gonna be alittle bad its definitely gonna be on the weekends. :)

cajun moma
05-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Well I forgot to weigh yestarday :o so I did it this morning, and I'm down a 1/2 pound. Its not much but its something. :)

fitwayoflife
05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
We are having a barbecue today, but I decided not to eat it. I want to see some more pounds lost, so I am going to eat my regular food. :)

Hello Nurse
05-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Well, I ended up being down 0.6 pounds last week. A loss is a loss, I guess. Even though it is the weekend, I am already down a bit so I am hopeful for a better week this week. My target is only 1-2 pounds per week, which I think is reasonable by any standards, so less than a pound is disappointing. On the other hand, a loss is a loss! Here's hoping for a good week for everyone this week!

blancheneige
05-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I just got out of the 260s... am now at mid/high 250s depending on how my weight fluctuates.

fitwayoflife
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
4/6 - 273.2
4/25 - 268.4
5/2 - 267.6
5/9 - 266.2
5/16 -
5/32 -
5/30 -
6/6 -
6/13 -
6/20 -
6/27 -
7/4 - 245.6

TwilightBloom
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
I weighed this morning, I am down 2.5lbs.. I am at 262.5, its not much, but it is something, cause i had been stuck and now the scales are moving again. I am so excited..

OhMyDogs
05-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I weighed this morning, I am down 2.5lbs.. I am at 262.5, its not much, but it is something, cause i had been stuck and now the scales are moving again. I am so excited..

WTG Twilight!! I got stuck a bit ago, and it was SO frustrating, but like you, my scale seems to be moving.

I am pretty close to my first mini-goal, which is 29.5lbs, 10% of my starting body weight! I am hoping to pass it at my weigh in on Friday.

cajun moma
05-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Had to share this I JOGGED AROUND THE BLOCK TODAY!!! :carrot: (A small block) LOL :lol: I know, I know, it doesn't sound SO impressive, but, not even 2 months ago I couldn't even go up a flight of stairs without getting winded. :)

cajun moma
05-14-2011, 01:37 PM
HELLO ALL,
I'm feeling great today! This morning I weighed and I had a 2lb. drop. FINALLY I'm 265! I was begining to think I'd never get past 267. I'd really like to be in the 250's by June.

fitwayoflife
05-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Cajun mona, congrats on the weight loss, and running around the block is impressive!

4/6 - 273.2
4/25 - 268.4
5/2 - 267.6
5/9 - 266.2
5/16 - 264
5/32 -
5/30 -
6/6 -
6/13 -
6/20 -
6/27 -
7/4 - 245.6

konfyoozed
05-18-2011, 09:39 PM
just peeking in right now, snooping to see who is here... 268.5 on the scale today, but it's probably temporary since wedding and honeymoon festivities will likely bump me back up into the 270s, but save me a spot! :)

cajun moma
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi Everyone,
Down another pound this morning :D. I'm at 264 now. How's everyone else been doing?

HI MANDY,
Welcome to the 260's, great job on the weight loss:D! Congrats. on your upcoming wedding too!

Hello Nurse
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
I forgot to post after my weigh in last Friday! I was 261.6...much better! I've had a good week and can't wait to weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping I may be just under 260. Keep it up everyone, we can do this!!!

MissAngelle
05-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm still stuck but thanks to Mother's Day/family birthday festivities, I haven't moved. Although no movement is better than a jump in weight, but still, it makes me cranky! *Just whinging*

I enjoyed the days, in moderation, enjoying every decadent bite. Even putting that evil fork down, so I'd say I've made progress in peer pressure eating.

I got lots of compliments from people that haven't seen me in a while, especially from a guy who noticed. That makes me feel good. For one of the male species to think I look great, made my millenium!!

So, I'm still here for a while! :)

OhMyDogs
05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
262 at this week's weigh in. Here's hoping that I am out of the 260's next week (no offence)...it's getting close!

JamiSue3916
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I am officially out of the 270's and into the 260's! Woo hoo! WI at 268.1 this morning. :carrot:

Can't wait to get to know you all - but hopefully not too well! ;)

cajun moma
05-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi JamiSue,
Welcome to the 260's. :D

Hello Nurse
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Woohoo! 259.0 this morning!

And less than 100 to ultimate goal!

cajun moma
05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Way To Go NURSE!!! :cheer2: Congrats. on your loss! Save room for me in the 250's, I hope I'm there soon. :D

Hello Nurse
05-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I will see you all there very soon, I have NO doubt! :)

mybulldogsnores
05-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Hello all!
Weighed in at 269.8 this morning, feels good crossing out of the 270's!

Enjoying the nice sunny holiday weekend!

April Snow
05-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I am a brand new chick, weighing in at 261 today. Today is day 1 of my 7 day Dukan Attack phase. I may not be in this thread for long but figured I'd say hi!

cajun moma
05-23-2011, 09:35 PM
MYBULLDOG AND APRIL SNOW, Welcome! :D

April Snow
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi cajun moma, and thanks for the welcome!!

I'm planning to wait to weigh in after a week from when I started, so I'll be around here, athough hope to be moving to the 250s forum then! (that's assuming I can resist weighing in before that!!)

Hope everyone here has an easy time through the 260s!!

JamiSue3916
05-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Bleh. Overindulged a bit at my son's birthday party this weekend and bumped back up into the 270's. I'm at 270.1 this morning so I'm just gonna hang out here for a bit - 'cause I know I'll be back in the 260's SOON!

cajun momma -- Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Hello Nurse -- Congrats on making it to the 250's!!

mybulldogsnores -- WELCOME!!!

April Snow -- Welcome to you too! Doesn't sound like you'll be here long!

OhMyDogs
05-25-2011, 12:12 PM
I popped on my scale for a peek yesterday morning, and was at 259.8...it's not official, so I am still here, but I *think* I will be leaving on Friday (my weigh in day). No offense, but that makes me very excited!! lol

JamiSue3916
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I popped on my scale for a peek yesterday morning, and was at 259.8...it's not official, so I am still here, but I *think* I will be leaving on Friday (my weigh in day). No offense, but that makes me very excited!! lol

None taken! CONGRATS!! I'll use your success as inspiration to get me there right behind you!

OhMyDogs
05-25-2011, 05:37 PM
None taken! CONGRATS!! I'll use your success as inspiration to get me there right behind you!

Oh JamiSue you ARE right behind me. Our heights are close (I'm an inch shorter), our starting weights are close, and even our current weights aren't that far off!!!

JamiSue3916
05-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh JamiSue you ARE right behind me. Our heights are close (I'm an inch shorter), our starting weights are close, and even our current weights aren't that far off!!!

I didn't even realize that! We are loser sisters! :) I'm just itching to congratulate you on making your Memorial Day challenge! Hurry up Friday! And you're well on your way to making your Harry Potter Challenge goal too! Definite inspiration!! :carrot:

JamiSue3916
05-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Yes! Back in the 260's this morning...barely...but still there. WI @ 269.8 this morning! :carrot: Really need to stay on top of my water intake these next few day and STAY OP over the weekend!

cajun moma
05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Well 1 more lb. down today. :) I was hoping for more but at least its a loss and not a gain. I was really hoping to see the 250's by june 1, but at this rate I think I'll need and extra week. :shrug:

-JAMIESUE- Nice job! :D

OhMyDogs
05-27-2011, 02:26 PM
YAY....sorry folks, but I weighed in at 258.5 this morning...so I'm shoving a bum down to the 250's thread!

Good Luck and hope you all join me there SOON!

April Snow
05-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Good morning all Some great progress here!

I was at 255.8 this morning (gotta love the first week on a low carb plan!) so I'm moving on to the 250s thread and look forward to seeing you all there!

cajun moma
05-29-2011, 11:58 AM
CONGRATS APRIL AND OHMYDOGS!! :cheer3: I hope to see you soon. :D

Laura G
06-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi all! Tomorrow is my official wi day. I am already in the 260's but couldn't find this thread.... Thank you JamiSue!

Jami - you and I are also loser sisters - roughly the same height and weight!

I am looking forward to skipping thru this decade pretty darn quick. As I posted in the last thread - no one gets left behind! Let's blow this popsicle stand as fast as we can!

Keep up the good work all - it's going to be worth it in the end!

freefall
06-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I am so excited to be in the 260's - hope I still am tomorrow as my weight has been fluctuating a couple of pounds back and forth over the 270 line. As happy as I am to be here, I hope I don't stay long!

Laura G
06-03-2011, 12:31 PM
OK - official wi - down 2 lbs. Was down 4 earlier this week, but oh well, what can you do. Here's to another week of hard work, determination and sticking to plan!

konfyoozed
06-03-2011, 04:50 PM
alright. i'm here for real now. 269.8 today.

hopefully i'm only here for a few weeks!

Laura G
06-03-2011, 05:05 PM
YAH Mandy!

cajun moma
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome to all the new ladies!:welcome2:! I hope you all sail though the
260's quickly!:D I'm down 1 more pound to 262. It's been hard staying in a routine with my kids out of school. I was scared I wasn't gonna lose anything or worse gain, so I was glad to see a pound this time.:)

freefall
06-05-2011, 11:16 AM
I was a little worried about the scale this morning - yesterday had a lot of challenges but I think I weathered them OK if not perfectly (my daughter's birthday party, date night with my husband...)
I wound up having 1600 calories, which was over the 1500 I try for but not so bad, but my carbs were a little higher then usual (I've been tracking everything) But I was down almost a pound when I got on the scale this morning - 268.8... So relieved to still be here :)
How have you guys dealt with some of these "eating occasions"??

konfyoozed
06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
269.4 today... and the evil TOM approaching.

fingers crossed that i can keep the bloat weight and cravings at bay!

fitwayoflife
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM
4/6 - 273.2
4/25 - 268.4
5/2 - 267.6
5/9 - 266.2
6/6 - 262
6/13 -
6/20 -
6/27 -
7/4 - 254

konfyoozed
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
dear TOM:

please go away, please?

this cramping and bloating is not helping my trip thru the 260s!

MissAngelle
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I am hoping to get out of here soon. I've slowed down again, but the advantage, the chicken skin is disappearing......so I can't really complain....but I am sooooooooooo close!!

duinmiownthing
06-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi! I would like to jump in here (hopefully temporarily ;) ) I am just getting back into the butt kicking but I would really like to move on out of the 260's!

Eureka
06-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Got room for one more. If I start to back slide I will need someone to kick my butt in the right direction. :kickbutt::kickbutt:

konfyoozed
06-08-2011, 08:02 PM
still at 267.... 267.9 today, going the wrong way... but i blame TOM.

duinmiownthing
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Eureka I am glad to help kick butt!

Laura G
06-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Hello ladies!
Official wi for me is tomorrow, but so far it looks like I'm back up to 268.5 - grr. Here's hoping for a whoosh tonight!

lili8184
06-09-2011, 05:46 PM
I am at 269 (I refuse to measure my weight in decimal points- to me its maddening...lol) and already ready to get out of the 260's!!!! I have lost 29 pounds as of today, so I'm moving right along- but I'm a little demotivated right now... lookig at that number on the scale and realizing how far I am from my goal is a little depressing sometimes- but I won't quit, that's for sure!

TwilightBloom
06-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Ok so I have made it back down, i went from 265 to 268, now i am now back at 264, whew, this time i am going to get out of these 260's.. I will not let anything get me off track again.. I am so happy, and I feel so empowered..:carrot: I am strong, I can do this, There is no tomorrow, there is only today!!! this new quote, has helped me more than anything!! Thanks everybody!!!:hug::):carrot:

konfyoozed
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I am at 269 (I refuse to measure my weight in decimal points- to me its maddening...lol) and already ready to get out of the 260's!!!! I have lost 29 pounds as of today, so I'm moving right along- but I'm a little demotivated right now... lookig at that number on the scale and realizing how far I am from my goal is a little depressing sometimes- but I won't quit, that's for sure!

don't get discouraged by your final goal, just look forward to your next mini-goal. according to your sig, that's about 11 pounds. it's so much less daunting. you've already done that twice. 11 pounds? pfft. that's easy peasy. :)

JamiSue3916
06-10-2011, 12:08 PM
YAY! I MADE IT! I managed to stay in the 260's for a full week! My reward....is joining the 260's thread! I bounced in and back out twice last month so I didn't want jump in here prematurely this time. But I'm here for sure now! WOO HOO!

:carrot: Down 1.3 this morning to 265.9! :carrot:

Laura G
06-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Welcome back JamiSue!
Today is my official wi - I stay the same. That's better than the gain I was expecting!
Let's keep up the hard work ladies! We are so gettin' outta here!

konfyoozed
06-10-2011, 01:56 PM
tis friday and time to change the ticker.

1.4 down today to 266.5 (in your FACE TOM!) and down 3.3 for the week.

i'm definitely not gonna complain since i've been eating birthday cake every day since monday haha. been trying to fit it into my calories, and my weigh in tells me i've succeeded!

this officially puts me back into 'losing' instead of 're-losing' after my honeymoon gain. woo!

freefall
06-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Blech - was so motivated all week - weight dropped to 267.... Then had my one day a week that I let myself have something extra - yesterday - had 1790 calories (have been sticking to under 1500) and kept carbs low. This morning - 269 again. Hope it comes off easily, but so annoyed! Do I have to forgo my once a week "cheat day"??

konfyoozed
06-11-2011, 03:01 PM
haha don't forgo your cheat day, just make it the day after or the day of your official weigh in, so you can eliminate the results before your next weekly weigh in :)

don't stress the daily fluctuations. they are nice to help you determine sensitivities, but your weekly trend is a much better measure of your progress. chin up!

Eureka
06-12-2011, 10:30 AM
yippppeeee! down 2.7

The next stop of 250's is just over the next bend.

:bike:I know I can! I know I can!:bike:

ilbnej
06-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Hello, all.

I've weighed in just below 270 (269.8) for two days now (today being my official wi), so I'm going to join this thread, though if I follow my standard pattern, I'll see a few more days in the 270s before I'm here for good.

konfyoozed
06-12-2011, 07:13 PM
yay! welcome ilbnej :D

i'm hoping i'll still be here after this weekend. haha. i've counted calories religiously, but i haven't been able to exercise :(

freefall
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks Mandy!! I think, sadly, it's "chins up" for now :) I'm also curious to see where I'm at after this weekend - also counting calories but even though my calories are pretty much where they should be they include vodka drinks, frosting, some fried stuff and other things that may show themselves on the scale tomorrow morning...

Laura G
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
freefall - I think Mandy has good suggestions about when you have your cheat day. Also, on these days, watch your sodium intake - if your calories are still reasonable - which itlooks like they are, there's no way you gained that as fat weight - it's probably water - so drink lots and flush that sodium!

Jen: Yeah! I missed you! Welcome to our little nook! Now, lets concentrate on getting the heck outta here!

Mandy: good for you for keeping true to your calories! Why weren't you able to exercise? Or did you just not feel like it? You can do, I know you'll get it down perfectly this week!

Eureka - Fantastic! Keep up the excellent work! I hope to see you soon in the 250 thread! You jump in first and check the water for me, ok?

Ladies - I am so proud of us. I love these decade threads where we can encourage each other in our journey, and share our experiences. It's good to know someone out there is going thru some of the same stuff I am - the ups and downs. And it really makes it feel like we are getting somewhere when we can see the title change! So, here's a huge pat on the back for everyone- we all deserve it!

konfyoozed
06-14-2011, 12:09 AM
physically unable to exercise. i aggravated my unhappy ankle so i have to wait until it stops yelling at me for walking before i can get back to my regular exercise. i'm keeping my calories closer to the 1600 end of my 1600-1800 range lately, due to the lack of exercise.

Laura G
06-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Mandy - good planning for your temporary set back - you are so full of determination, you'll be waving bye bye to the 60's in no time!

konfyoozed
06-14-2011, 12:53 PM
haha thanks laura, but i'm currently recovering from a sodium OD over the weekend (i didn't go over on my calories though!) and was up over a pound yesterday. hoping to see all of it (or most of it ) gone when i weigh in soon (i drank over 100oz of water yesterday!).

Laura G
06-14-2011, 01:19 PM
lol - is that how you rehurt your ankle? Running to the potty all day?

konfyoozed
06-14-2011, 01:22 PM
i definitely had to pee a lot yesterday.

but i think i hurt it at work last week :( it's been buggin me a bit. had the doc check it and he said "stay off it" blah.

the good news is, the salt is gone. was up 1.1 yesterday, today i'm down 1.3 so i'm .2 lower than my lowest weigh in on friday. let's hope the scale keeps going in that direction! 266.3 ... lookin for 265 by friday :)

ilbnej
06-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Laura - it is good to see you here too!

Mandy - sorry to hear about your ankle, but it sounds like you have a good strategy while it heals. And way to push that water on out! You are almost half way through this decade. So awesome!

A little NSV for me - I don't have clinical high blood pressure, but as I had gotten to my highest weight it had gotten to often read numbers I wasn't thrilled with. Anywho, I went to the dentist for a checkup for the first time since I started this journey. They always test bp and it was 119/70. Woo hoo!

trishn222
06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi all - I have officially weighed in the 260's for three days now. I am at 268.4 today so I thought I would come join you.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Trish

ilbnej
06-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Yay Trish! Way to go!

freefall
06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi all! My scale is finally moving - 266 Mon, 265 yesterday and 264 today... Hope this keeps up and doesn't pop back up!
Mandy: I was reading what you said about your ankle - do you know what the problem is? I'm trying to do couch to 5k but because my ankle kept going have had to really modify it and go way slower - I did a lot of reading and talking to doctors about it and it seems like achilles tendonitis. Apparently not uncommon when you are exercising with some extra weight.
Ilbnej: That's so great about your blood pressure. So great to catch something before it becomes a problem!
Laura: It's so funny - I count calories, track exercise, track protein carbs and fat - but the one thing I haven't been keeping track of is sodium - I have to start paying attention to that.

JamiSue3916
06-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Good morning ladies! Still weighing in at 265.9 this morning (same as last Friday) after some crazy gains and whooshes over the 4 days I've been out of town and offline. No way I can catch up with everything on - you ladies have been busy!

Jen - I'm SO FREAKING happy to see you here! :carrot:

konfyoozed
06-15-2011, 01:08 PM
freefall - i don't think it's the achilles, because the pain is from my ankle bone forward to my toes, not up and back into the achilles tendon. it's probably some form of tendonitis, but i went to patient first which isn't the best for medical care, but it's good if you're like "it hurts" and need pain killers? heh. or if you've got something easy to identify, like a sinus infection. i likely need to go see a podiatrist to get a good idea of what's going on.

jami - welcome back! i hope you had a blast camping :)

ilbnej - halfway through and stuck. my scale won't move! i wish i could exercise :(

trish - welcome to the 260s, may your trip thru this decade be quick and painless :D

ShylahEQ
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
joining you ladies here too!

Starting back on the bandwagon after losing 40 lbs and gaining some back. 266.5 today. boo!

Laura G
06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
Oh dear - I binged hardcore Monday night, and had a deliberately off plan day yesterday, so this morning my scale was at 271. Nothing's official until Friday, so let's cross our fingers I'm still here....
I'm back OP and drinking tons to flush the crap, so here's hoping!

:welcome: Shylah!

trishn222
06-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Weighed in this morning at 267.2 lbs. So I seem to be heading in the right direction. Had a nice time at a friend's yesterday. We are both on a diet. So we put together a puzzle while the kids ran around and played. She is much further in her diet than I am, so I came home with a whole garbage bag of clothes. Yay! They don't quite fit yet. But they will very soon I am so excited.

Freefall-way to go on the weight loss, I hope that your ankle gets feeling better.
Jami-nice numbers you are almost to your 10%
Shylah-Welcome glad you could join us.
Laura-You will get back on track I know you can. We are on the same diet and it is hard, but you will do it.
Mandy and Ibnej-Hi! I hope you are both doing well.

Trish

JamiSue3916
06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Down another 2.2 this morning to 263.7...only 1lb away from 10% lost! Woo hoo! Tomorrow is my official weigh-in day but I'm heading out for an overnight beach adventure with my DS and won't be able to weigh-in Friday. So...today it is...ticker day! :D

Kris -- Happy to see you over here on this thread too! Congrats on making it to 266!

Laura -- I really hoped you enjoyed your planned off-plan day. We definitely need those every so often. Doubly glad to see that you're back OP and REALLY hope you get to see the 260's again by tomorrow's official weigh-in!

Trish -- Your day yesterday sounds amazing! How wonderful it must be to have a friend you can focus on your healthy thoughts while have fun...and with the munckins no less. I just don't think it gets any better than that. In fact, my son and I are heading to the beach for an overnight adventure today and I think I might just take a small puzzle with us. We have plans to play in the surf and sun but truth be told, my son finds hotels to be so fun, that if we're not in the pool he'll likely LOVE to spend some quality time in the room together. Thanks for the great idea!

Have a great OP day everyone!

trishn222
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Jami-I hope you have a blast with your overnight with your son. That should be a lot of fun. I find puzzles soothing. I am focusing on them and not other things so they are nice and still let you talk and enjoy your time. Congrats on being so close to 10% I am also getting pretty close to my 10% so I feel you. Have fun.

Trish

Laura G
06-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Sigh - what's up with the scale - today it said I'm at 267 again, I don't get it, but it's better than yesterday's 271! Here's to being OP for the next week.

greenlove62
06-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I love this forum!

All along losing weight was not the problem for me, keeping the weight off was the problem.

I kid you not when I say I tried every diet out there “Calorie counting, Weight Watchers, Adkins, Nutrisystem, etc., and on each of them I lose no less than 50lbs! But before I knew it the old “eating habits” would resurface, that is until I read this awesome article “The Weight
Loss Management Psychology” by Malcolm Baptiste!

It has changed my life the scale is moving I am down to 240 from 265 and I’m going strong!!!

We can do this because Knowledge is Power!!!

Check out my blog at newme62

konfyoozed
06-17-2011, 03:34 PM
friday weigh in means time to change the ticker!

not by much, only 1.7 pounds to 264.8.... but since i've not been exercising this week due to injury, i'll take it over no loss at all. :)

oh, and ps!

i'm now less than 100lbs from my goal. yay! (something about 99lbs to lose that's so much less scary than 130+lbs to lose)

greenlove62
06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
Congratulations and keep up the great work! Hope the injury heals soon!

Here's to your success and the Brand new you!!!

ShylahEQ
06-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Yay Mandy!

Still at 266.5 for the FOURTH day in a row. argh!

ilbnej
06-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Hello, everyone!

Freefall - I hope the scale keeps movin' movin' movin'.

Jami - I am so excited to be on this thread finally also! Though soon you'll be leaving me again and I'll be chasing to catch up, that's a good thing.... Congrats on 10% down - I just hit that mark recently myself - it feels so good!

Mandy - I'll take your 1.7 pound loss, if you don't want it. ;) I hope your ankle heals quickly so you can get back into your workout routine. Also congrats on less than 100 pounds to go. We're hitting all kinds of milestones around here lately!

Shylah - Welcome! Can't wait to get to know you. Sorry you're sitting tight smack in the middle of the 260s - I just need to move down there myself so I can give you a big push! Be patient (!), the scale will move soon - it has to at this point!

Laura - All you can do is climb back on the "horse". You can do it!

Trish - Way to score some "new" clothes. I've been doing some closet and other shopping myself lately. In the new clothes folks are starting to notice my loss more.

Greenlove - hello!

This has been a ridiculously busy week for me, including some surprise overnight/out of town guests mid-week. But I've been doing what I need to do on both the calories in and out side of things, so all is well there - especially heading into (and now in) TOM.

I do have a small NSV (with a little TMI thrown in) to report. Now I live alone, and normally adopt a bra-free policy at home. Tshirt/yoga pants is the standard uniform. So with my overnight guests (a married couple), I needed to do a little better than for propriety sake. About a month ago I bought some clothes in "regular" sizes at Old Navy (clothes to aspire to), including an XL sports bra that looked really comfy. Since I swim only, I don't have any larger sized sports bras. I figured it would still be too small, but I gave it a shot and not only did it fit, it was really comfy - I slept in it!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

freefall
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
263. Yay! Is it wrong to want to kiss my scale for finally moving :)

Trish – thank you! So nice that you have a friend with the same mindset… that sounds like a really nice day and some really nice support.

Laura – glad to see your scale heading down again!! I hate that one off day (or day off) can linger for so long…

Mandy – I think it’s awesome that you are losing that much without exercise – I don’t think I would… A little worried because I did something stupid (2 couch to 5k sessions in one day) and my achilles is a little sore again – not too bad though. I’m afraid to see a dr about it because I don’t want to be told to stay off it – which I know is really short sighted! And congrats on being at less than 100 lbs to goal – it does sound so much more manageable – I can’t wait!

Everyone - after reading greenlove's post, I'm just wondering what everyone is doing to lose the weight... I'm doing a bunch of different things - seeing a dr, taking metformin, working out (strength training and cardio stuff), counting calories (trying to stay under 1500), staying pretty low carb and seeing a therapist. I would love to hear about other people's plans...

konfyoozed
06-17-2011, 09:30 PM
i'm simply counting calories (staying around 1700 per day) and exercising when i can.

trishn222
06-18-2011, 10:37 AM
I am doing Ideal Protein and seeing a doctor.

On another note, my little sister came over the other day and dropped a bunch more clothes at my house that she had gotten too small for. I only now need clothes for one more size on my journey down. I am so excited. My friend and my sister also both dress really well so I even have lots of name brand clothes for me to wear. I am so....excited. Yay! I can't believe how supportive everyone in my life has been.

Mandy-The less than 100 lbs mark sounds amazing and I can't wait to get there.

congrats to everyone else on there weight losses. Scale this morning read 266.8 so I am headed in the right direction.

ShylahEQ
06-18-2011, 01:56 PM
down .2.. i guess that's better than still being at 266.5 lol!

trishn222
06-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Well I started TOM this morning. Needless to say I was up to 268.8 that is only .2 from my wi last monday. Hopefully I will at least loose a little bit for tomorrow. But this is how the body goes at times. Hope everyone has a great day!

trishn222
06-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Well this morning I was down to 268 even. That does make a loss of .6 for the week on my official weigh in day. I hope to lose even more this week, but at least I am going in the right direction. I will talk to you all later.

Trish

lili8184
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Ugh. Went down to 265 on Saturday morning, but had a birthday party and then father's day dinner on Sunday... back up to 267 this morning, damn it. Every time I go to these functions I say I'm going to restrain myself, but I had several cookies, a cupcake and 2 hamburgers (without bread or cheese though!) on saturday, then had corn bread muffins and chocolate cake at Cracker Barrel on sunday, after i ordered the grilled chicken salad with fat free ranch for dinner!!! I could've walked away unscathed but noooo.... carbs and sweets were calling me!!! I feel like I cheat almost every weekend :( need a little support rigt now cuz i'm feeling down (even though I still lost 2 pounds over last week- but I couldv'e lost 4 or more!!!! boooo)

konfyoozed
06-20-2011, 02:37 PM
my loss for the weekend is .7 pounds. which is so much better than a gain!

down to 264.1

sidanne42
06-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi, I'm looking to get out of the 260's. I made 269 about 2 weeks ago but I was scared to join in on a 260 thread until I was sure it was gonna stick.
Then 2 days ago I weighed in at 267, so I thought I'd look for some others who are in the same spot. Hopefully we can all get to the 250's together. :)

Hey! Thanx 4 starting the 260's thread! Hopefully in a week or two, we'll all be posting to a 250's thread! :)

I began losing on the Medifast plan in early April 2011. To date, I've vanquished 54 lbs. and curently weigh 266. Last week, I really cheated on the plan and only lost 2 lbs. Typically, I lose 5-6 lbs. per week! So this week, my goal is to lose 6 lbs., which would put me at 260 by Sunday June 26th!

Best wishes for continued success to all of you! And thanx so much for sharing your successes and failures, hopes and dreams. Together, we shall succeed!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Sidanne

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634440726107374111.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

ShylahEQ
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm the only one I know that can go a week back on the bandwagon, with calories under 1600, carbs under 100 and still gain 2.2 lbs.

268.8 today. jiminy crickets! where did that come from?! I could see if I had a super salty day, but it wasn't. Oh well, let's see what my body does this week.

freefall
06-21-2011, 07:28 PM
My teenagers had a party last night and my house is filled with party food - help! There is so much crap leftover and I want to have it all :) I'm trying so hard not to - I just made myself two bags of shirataki noodles with an entire block of lite tofu sauteed in soy sauce and sesame oil - hope that's 320 calories of filling stuff that will make me so full I don't want the yummy party food. Wish me luck :)

ilbnej
06-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Ok, so am I a total whacko because I consider the following an NSV - over the last week the skin all over my body has become noticeably "saggy". It feels like over night I got to the point where I started deflating. First I noticed it Sunday on my thighs and then yesterday on my stomach and tonight on my upper arms. It isn't pretty, but it definitely confirms that a bunch of the fat is gone. Anyway, just wanted to get that one out there!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am fine, but working way too hard at at the moment. Hopefully it will all normalize by month's end / start of my vacation!

trishn222
06-23-2011, 10:46 AM
I am down to 266 even today. Two more pounds and I will be at my first mini goal and then I get to go get a pedicure! I need one so bad, but I have held out. I told myself that I would not get one until I lost that first 10%. I am almost there and I can't wait. Hopefully by this time next week I will be getting one. Hope everyone has a great day and I will talk to you later.

Trish

JamiSue3916
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm still around - I've just been out of town for work and VERY anxious to get back home. I haven't been exercising because I just can't sleep at night. I'm up late and wake up often. Bleh. I haven't been tracking and haven't been drinking enough water and of course I haven't WI since Monday morning. I am SO nervous to WI when I get home! REALLY hoping I haven't bounced myself right out of the 260's again!

ShylahEQ
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
267.3 (-1.5) from yesterday. finally, go away stupid water!!

ilbnej
06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Yay Trish!!! It sounds like your goal is keeping you on track. I'm overdue for a pedicure myself.

Jami - I totally understand the tired/no exercise cycle. And it is always so hard when you are away from home and the bed isn't the same, etc. You'll be home soon. There is no way you'll bounce out of the 260s (unless it is into the 250s!) at this point. Even if you are up a little I'm sure it is water weight from travel, etc. Don't worry, it will all be fine after you're home for a couple of days.

Way to go, Shylah!

konfyoozed
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
still here. still can't exercise. next wednesday the doc will give me the news on my ankle... and i hope it is not horrible like "you need surgery"

not really losing much of anything due to my enforced sedentary lifestyle. but a little somethin's better than nothing... trying to see the silver lining... but strangely enough, i miss my exercise!

p.s. 263.7 today :)

p.p.s. i think i'm going to start taking my measurements on the first of every month to see progress, since on a whim i took them june 1st

trishn222
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
Jami - I am sure you will do ok. Being out of town always throws me off a bit.
Ibnej - doing good. Not an odd nsv at all. I could see myself being proud of that too.
Mandy - I hope you get the word you want from the doctor.
Shalq - I hope that the water weight comes off soon and you are able to lose again full force.

Well today I am down to 265.2. I am almost one pound closer to my first mini goal. I am so excited and can't believe it is happening this fast. I still think I will be three weeks in the 260's but that is really not bad. I blew threw the 270's a little faster but I am still headed in the right direction and enjoying watching the scale go down.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will talk to you all later.

Trish

freefall
06-24-2011, 12:28 PM
TOM. Skipped exercise today, had been 263 and this morning was 264. Crap.

JamiSue3916
06-24-2011, 12:36 PM
Well...drum roll please....I'm up 0.9 to 265.7 this morning! :carrot: I wasn't OP but I was careful and I'm happy to see that my conscientiousness paid off. It was actually a nice challenge to see that I can maintain control even in situations that are less than ideal. Sooo...overall, I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

:hug: THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!! :hug:

Shylah -- :carrot: Woo hoo! Great loss this morning!!

Mandy -- With that injury still plauging you, you are still doing amazing! I bet your measurements are going to be good...can't wait to hear!

Trish -- So close to your mini goal! You are doing it!!!

freefall -- "Crap." Love it. This simple, succinct honesty cracked me up. Sometimes that all you can say, right?

konfyoozed
06-24-2011, 03:00 PM
jami - i'll be doing my measurements probably next thursday since i'll be off and curtis will be at work and i can do it without him looking at me like i'm nuts muttering to myself :P congrats to you on the minimal gain while out of town!

trish - i found this: desk pilates (http://www.bnet.com/videos/desk-pilates-complete-workout/187245) and am hoping to use that if the doc tells me to limit my walking/jogging (yes, i've started jogging... it's only walk 10min jog 2min, but it's still jogging!) so i can at least get *some* exercise in.

also, i have to share this, because i'm strangely excited by unusual smiley faces... and this guy just makes me happy :)

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/big/big-smiley-001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php)

Laura G
06-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi all - remember me?
I've been lurking, but in a really bad head space for a while. So, I'm back posting here today with you, and as Friday's are my official wi, I am -2 to 265.

Glad to see most of you from the 270's thread are here! I missed you guys!
I will post again on Monday - hope you all have a great weekend.

trishn222
06-25-2011, 11:25 AM
freefall-You will get back. TOM always screws me up, even if I stay on plan.
Jami-congrats on the minimal gain. Now you know you can do it in real life.
Mandy-desk pilates sounds interesting. And the thing about jogging is you have to work up to it, so way to go.
Laura-I remember you and congrats on the loss.

Well stepped on my scale again this morning and was down again to 264.6 lbs. My official weigh in day is on Monday, so I think that I can lose .6 by then. I have been doing around that everyday, so I am so looking forward to the pedicure next week. YAY! I hope it happens.

Trish

konfyoozed
06-25-2011, 02:02 PM
261.9 today! getting so close to the 250s :D

freefall
06-26-2011, 10:56 AM
260.8 today! Looks like everyone else is getting close too :) I hope I don't rebound back up, and that we see each other in the 250's soon!!

ilbnej
06-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Mandy - how is your ankle doing? Hope you are resting it and that it is healing. Seems like you are doing great on losses even with out the extra exercise time. Also, I have been doing my measurements every six weeks (and photos at the same time) and it definitely makes me feel better when the scale isn't moving as much as I'd like. Love the smilely!

Trish - You are rocking along. Can't wait to hear what polish you chose for your pedi (I'm a lamo who always does some version of red/pink). 250s, here you come.

Freefall - I hate TOM (for more reasons than its effect on weightloss!), but love the post-TOM woosh!

Jami - glad to hear the business trip wasn't fatal - not only did you not tip back into the 270s, you barely were up at all.

Laura - I was wondering where you've been. Keep your chin up, you are doing well. You know you can come to us for support when you are feeling low, right? If anyone understands, it is this crew! WTG on the 2 pounds down!

Sounds like most of you are going to be in the 250s in no time at all. I've still got a while here, but hopefully you'll all keep a seat for me in the next decade (not that I'm asking you to stick around there!) - just let them know I'm on my way.

As for me, I've just crossed the 35 pound mark and in 2 weeks, I'll have been at this 6 months (1/2 a year!). I think this milestone is bringing up all kinds of feelings - good and bad. Feelings of accomplishment, excitement, anxiety, etc. Doesn't help that all kinds of nuttiness are going on in my professional life. The only good thing is that when I'm at work until all hours, I don't have any time to snack (or even think about food), so my eating has actually been better than normal.

I'm a swirling mess of emotions right now, and to make things worse, haven't been getting enough sleep (which makes me more emotional/crazy). At least it isn't that I can't sleep, I just don't have enough time to get enough. But that should hopefully be temporary. I did take a long nap yesterday, which helped a lot.

All I have to do is get through this week at work, and then I have 10 days of vacation where I'll spend time with family. I'm hoping that will give me the emotional recharge I need right now. It will be interesting to see how my eating is in a less controled environment (others cooking for me, no set schedule to the day). And I'm not sure how I'm going to manage swimming away from home, but I'm taking my "stuff" so if the chance is there, I'm ready.

Sorry for the novel.....

trishn222
06-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Mandy and freefall - I am right behind you and hoping to catch up soon.
ilbnej - Congrats on the 35 lbs. That is quite an accomplishment and I hope that your vacation goes well and work gets better soon.

I woke up to the scale reading 263.4. If it holds for tomorrow pedicure here I come. I am so excited.

I pulled out a shirt to wear to church today that I haven't in a while that was nice. But today for some reason I am HUNGRY! I don't know what my problem is hopefully I can get the feeling fixed soon. I have lunch cooking and hopefully that will be enough. I hope everyone has a good day and I will talk to you all later.

Trish

trishn222
06-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Well it is official. I get my pedicure! The scale read 263.2 this morning on my official weigh in. That means 10% of me is gone!:cheer2:

Hope everyone has a great day. I will talk to you all later!

Laura G
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Trish - Congratulations! What colour did you pick? I'm a licensed natural nail technician and I love giving people pedicures. It really makes me smile when poeple choose daring colours for their feet - especially in summer when you know they'll be showing off their tootsies. My fave for my toes is a lime/neon green, and then going barefoot in the grass and seeing the difference in the greens.

Mandy and Freefall - wow - you guys just blew thru this one! Good for you. Keep up the hard work and dedication! Mandy - when are we going to see wedding pics? Have you psoted them on your blog yet?

JamiSue- proud of you girl! Encouraging to know you have control over your body isn't it?

Jen - Thanks. I've been kind of pouty and emotional and screwed up lately, so usually it's just better if I avoid spreading my dark cloud around. I did vent once or twice on a different thread, since I know this is the forum for sharing our struggles, but I get very angry and hateful when I'm in these moods. So, as my momma says: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm back op as of yesterday - doing IP, and this time it's for good. I'm going to commit for 6 months, and re-evaluate from there.
Let's keep up the good work everyone - look out 250's, the crew is on it's way!

konfyoozed
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
i posted a thread with a bunch of the pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/235078-some-wedding-photos.html

:)

JamiSue3916
06-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh brother! Up another 3lbs to 268.5 after a weekend out of town visiting family. I am just about to "get out of the 260's" but in the wrong damn direction! What am I thinking? So much for control. K - I've said it and now I'm moving onward and downward. Made it back to the gym this morning after 11 days w/ no exercise! I'm drinking my water and watching what I eat closely. I'm determined to give a big push for these remaining days of June.

Trish -- Congrats! You are doing great! I just realized that we started our journeys at almost the exact same weight. My 10% is 263.2 too! LOL! I hit mine Friday before last Friday but unfortunately, I lost it again! Boo!

Mandy -- You are doing so amazing! Especially considering you still aren't able to work out! Keep up the great work!

freefall -- Woo hoo!

Jen -- So sorry that things are so crazy right now. I hear you about the benefit of working so much - I also eat much better when I'm at work. I hope things do settle down soon so you can catch up on some much needed rest!

lili8184
06-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Last time I posted I was feeling down because of a horrible binging weekend with cookouts and birthday parties (last weekend)... I lost a measly 1 pound (I usually average 3 per week) even though I worked hard and stayed on plan the rest of that week. I think the fact that I could not control myself that weekend is what hurt the most, not the losing only one pound part- any loss is better than a gain. I am so excited to say that I made up for it this week! I am down to 261 this week- that's 6 pounds!!! All I did was decide that enough was enough, and amped up my workouts, eating the same. I pushed through it and I am proud of myself today for it. I hope to be out of this thread and into the 250's thread next week!You know what that means? 100 lbs. to my final goal- which sounds like a lot, and it is in theory- but it gives me even more motivation!

trishn222
06-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I am not getting my pedicure till later in the week, but I will post pics when I get it done! I have been thinking about what to do for my next goal and I think I may go get a facial.

You guys are all rocking it or at least you have the right attitude about things and that is what is important here. We want to all make it through this journey together. I plan on being in the 250s thread next week and I would love to have all of you there with me!

JamiSue3916
06-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Lili -- You are definitely knocking on 250's door. Great job digging in and working hard for what you want. You're going to be my inspiration this week!!

Trish -- I love how you shoot for your goals! It's a great reminder for all of us to focus on the positive!

Rainy Day
06-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Another week or so (hopefully) and I'll be knocking on the doors of the 250s club.

Good luck!

JamiSue3916
06-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Up .2 to 268.7. Hmmm...I was perfectly OP yesterday. I did eat a little later than usual, I drank most of my water later in the evening, and I was a teensy bit over on sodium and I am definitely still retaining water from TTOM too. Overall, I guess all of that could account for the scale not budging. Because I do think it's all water, I'm definitely banking on a whoosh hitting any day now! ;)

Congrats Rainy!!

trishn222
06-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Jami-I hope the whoosh comes soon for you.
Rainyday-keep plugging away you are doing awesome.

Weigh in today was 262.4. So I keep going down! Yay! I really think I may make the 250s next week!

Trish

freefall
06-28-2011, 04:44 PM
260.6... So close, but just not happening yet!

misski
06-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm 262lbs. Hopefully I'll get off the 60s and go down to 250lbs by next month!

sidanne42
06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi all! I am new and hopefully not here for long! I currently weigh 260, and am aveaging a 3-6 lb. weight weekly weight loss. Hope next week sees me in the 250's thread! Best wishes 4 cont'd success 2 all!!!

http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/Tickers/Tickers/Images/Tickers/634447712698673411.gif (http://www.tsflsupportinmotion.com/)

JamiSue3916
06-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Trish, freefall, misski, sidanne -- Keep on keepin' on girls! You are all doing AMAZING!

DCchick
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Hi! Im new in this thread! I was in the Getting out of the 270s thread but weighed in at 266.5lbs this morning!

trishn222
06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
congrats DC chick glad to see you here.

ilbnej
06-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Trish - Way to go on earning your pedi - and you're almost to the 250s to boot! Woo hoo! A facial sounds awesome as your next goal incentive...

Laura - hope you are doing well on IP. Hang in there sister, just power through in the beginning and it will get easier....

Jami - I feel it, you're due for a major post-TOM WOOSH! Doesn't it feel good to get back in the exercise routine? I'm now to the point where I'm skipping other things to make sure there is time for swimming (never would have ever believed that was possible!)

Lili - You're almost OUTTA HERE. Way to go! Any chance your slower week was TOM-related? I know that's the way it works for me - I think it is both water-weight and increased cravings. Be patient with yourself, cause goodness knows the hormones aren't going anywhere (and we all have to deal with them)!

Rainy - welcome! I'll probably be on this thread for a few more weeks, but I hope to see you in the 250s thread when I get there (unless you've already moved on by then!).

Freefall/Misski/Sidanne - Almost there!

DCChick - Welcome! I'm right there with you at 266. This is a great group (though it is always changing and hopefully we're all proceeding to move down the threads each 10 pounds lost...).

DCchick
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks ladies! im excited to be here!

JamiSue3916
06-29-2011, 11:30 AM
FINALLY going the right direction again! I'm down 1.3 to 267.4 this morning.

DCchick -- WELCOME!!

Jen -- It does actually feel REALLY good to be back into my routine. I'm not quite where you are, going to the gym is still a pain in my backside but I rarely skip it just because...while I used to do that all the time.

Laura G
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
good morning ladies!
Welcome to all the new ladies in this thread! We'll be powering out of here in no time!
DCChick - nice to see you here! You mega jumped into the 60's - almost halfway outta here!

I am doing very well! I just wanted to come on by and get some luvin' from you ladies, and offer up whatever support y'all need. Sounds like we are doing well - I'm so glad Jami's finally got her directions right!

Does anyone know why 6 is afraid of 7?
Because 7 8(ate) 9!
So here's to not being in the 70's anymore, and to getting out of the 60's ASAP! We all know fifty is nifty!

(ah - corn - corniness for everyone!)

konfyoozed
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
good afternoon ladies!

261.2 today... gettin closer and closer :)

still no exercising for me for at least 4 weeks *sigh* not only no exercise but i have to wear a stinkin boot. blah! at least luggin it around will burn calories?

freefall
06-29-2011, 03:07 PM
260 even. Hope this is goodbye and that I see you all in the 250's thread - but have a bad feeling that scale will be popping back up and down a little before I see that number and that I'll be here a little while longer...

lesleyma
06-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I have been trying to get out of the 260's for the last few weeks. Started WW online about 5 weeks ago at 271 and am 260.4 as of last Sunday. Nearly there!!! It's funny to hear that other people think of it like 'out of the 260's' - I always look at it that way. And it always seems harder to lose weight when you are trying to get from 263, say, to 259. Don't know why...

Laura G
06-30-2011, 01:09 PM
Welcome lesleyma - Good to see you. Hopefully you will join us as we trek our way outta here ever lower!

konfyoozed
06-30-2011, 01:34 PM
ohmygosh... 260.1 guys. 260 point freakin ONE. talk about a tease...

tomorrow is official weigh in/change the ticker day, maybe JUST MAYBE i'll hit 259 point something in the morning. ahh...

Laura G
06-30-2011, 01:45 PM
ouch - that hurts! Good for you Mandy - we`ll be seeing you in 250`s in no time! Way to rock it girl!
How`s your foot/ankle/knee/leg doing?

konfyoozed
06-30-2011, 01:50 PM
MRI is scheduled for july 5th, i have to wear one of those obnoxious plastic boots for a few weeks and then i have to schedule a follow up appointment with my doctor after the MRI.

trishn222
07-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Everyone looks like they are staying on track. The scale read 261.6 this morning. I am getting closer and closer. Hopefully I can stay on track this weekend! I hope everyone has a great fourth!

sevencallmemom
07-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Last time I was on this board was a month ago and I was stuck around 285 I think...this morning I weighed in at 267. Glad as I am to be here I can't wait to get outta the 260's!

konfyoozed
07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
DIDN'T BUDGE grrrr...

still 260.1 so grumpy about it too lol

ilbnej
07-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Bummer, Mandy! But think of it this way - it will feel like no time at all in the 250s because you'll have aweeks head start.

trishn222
07-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Well I went and got my reward pedicure today and tomorrow I go to get my hair done which desperately needs it. I think I am going to feel like a new woman.

trishn222
07-01-2011, 09:40 PM
congrats on getting here seven and Mandy you are doing really well and will be out of here soon.

I hope everyone else is doing well and I will chat with you all later.

freefall
07-02-2011, 08:43 AM
So frustrated! Went from 260 to 261 - even though I have been having under 1500 cal a day, low carb and exercising. I hope it comes off soon :(

Lindy87
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
262.6 today. Slow but steady. Hoping to not go to overboard this holiday weekend.

konfyoozed
07-02-2011, 11:42 PM
hello ladies :)

looks like i will be leaving you guys here soon, i was at 259.0 this morning! :D

Lindy87
07-03-2011, 11:16 AM
261.6--1 lb down since yesterday. I am sure it will be back up after todays festivities at my MILs.

freefall
07-03-2011, 04:14 PM
260 even again - yay! I hope this is when I finally break into 250's. On a happy note - have been cleaning all day and found box of clothes from thinner days - and it all fit! So happy... Tried on a dress from my largest and was falling off - made me feel good when the past week has been so hard (I was totally OP and exercising and scale was up and down...)

konfyoozed
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM
i hope a few of you will be joining me in the 250s thread next week... it doesn't seem like anyone else is posting there... and i'll feel silly posting to myself :P

trishn222
07-04-2011, 02:27 AM
I think I will be stuck here for at least another week. Sorry Mandy. Fell a bit off the wagon this weekend. I will be back on though on Tuesday!

freefall
07-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I am so frustrated! 261 this morning. For some reason I've been going between 260 and 261 all week, even though I've been OP all week and exercising. This is driving me crazy!
Should I just go radical on calories/carbs for a couple of days? I hate to get more extreme - I've found a place that's really livable (under 1500 cal/day, exercise 5 times/week - 3 cardio & 2 strength training, and low carb). Which I'm used to but for some reason this week the scale has stopped moving... Any suggestions?

Lindy87
07-04-2011, 12:05 PM
259.6 today. Lost 2 lbs since yesterday. I think my scale is trying to make me feel good since I splurged more than I should have yesterday. Hopefully will not be back up tomorrow. If it is, I will be here to say HI! If not, I will see you all in the 250s thread.
Have a safe and happy 4th everyone!

konfyoozed
07-04-2011, 12:15 PM
freefall - with all that exercise your calories might be too low, have you tried upping them to around 1800? at 259 and no exercise due to an injury i eat 1600-1700 per day and still lose 1-2lbs per week. maybe upping the cals will get the scale moving again. i've seen it work before!

freefall
07-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks Mandy - I guess if I HAVE to eat more... :) I'll try an extra few hundred calories of protein today - I'm going to try drinking more water too... The only difference I can think of in what I've been doing is that I did actually cut out my cheat day so I would lose faster and I've been outside in the heat more, so here's to drinkin' (water, sadly!) and cheatin' :)

Hopefully I'll join you in the 250's thread soon!

konfyoozed
07-04-2011, 02:33 PM
are you using a website to track your calories? i'm on myfitnesspal and love it! there are several others, i know that livestrong's daily plate is pretty good too but i didn't like the app for my phone as much as MFP. most of those kind of sites will give you a suggested calorie goal for your age/weight/activity level based on how much you want to lose per week 1lb, 1.5lbs, 2lbs, etc.

1049jess
07-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone! I've been in the 260s for a couple weeks now... hoping to be out soon, though I had a minor setback this past weekend.

Wednesday is my official weigh in day, so we'll see what happens then!

Lindy87
07-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Back up to 261.4 as predicted. Back on track today and hoing to be in the 250s thread soon.

lili8184
07-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Ladies, just wanted to say how AMAZING you all are, and also FAREWELL to the 260's group, as I lost 4 pounds last week and am now into the 250's! (257 to be exact)- see you all on the other side very soon!!!
~Lisa

freefall
07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Mandy - I'm using Tap and Track for the iphone - I also have livestrong and a couple of others on there to see what Tap and Track doesn't have, but I do find Tap and Track the easiest to use...
260 this morning... sigh... congrats to those of you who are out of here and hope to see you in the 250's soon... if this plateau ever ends!

Laura G
07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Well, I'll be here for a little while yet. It seems like everyone is leaving - but that's GOOD! Way to go all!
Trish: Love the 'cure! - Great colour!

freefall
07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
258.2 this morning - finally! I'm posting in the 250's and hoping that things don't go in the other direction... I'll see you soon in either scenario...

ilbnej
07-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Laura - I'm still here (and should be for quite a while) But I'm on vacation right now, so not posting too much.

It isn't feasible for me to weigh or count right now, so im doing an experiment to see if i can just maintain by doing that. I'll let you know how it goes once I get home and can weigh again. Suffice to say I won't be surprised if I'm back in the 270s for a little while. If I am, that will be the first time since I started this in Jan that I've put weight back on. I am trying to see it as a positive experience that will make realize how much I prefer slowly losing to any regain. Or if I manage to maintain my weight that will be a win for me too. This not tightly controlling/accounting for everything is a little bit scary to me, though.

Lindy87
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
258.4 this morning. Moving on to the 250s thread. Hope to see you all there real soon!

Laura G
07-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Lindy! See you soon!

Jen - wow - I guess that would be scary. But, have faith in yourself. You know what's what, even if you aren't tightly controlling it. You'll be fine - common sense prevails! Think of it as an adventure in training for when all the weight is gone - you'll be able to relax on number crunching and just live your life, using all the common sense and lessons you learned on your journey to keep you accountable and in control.
Way to go though- looking at it as a positive experience, no matter what happens!. We'll get thru this decade yet!

My scale showed a loss this morning - but since wi isn't until Friday (and lots can happen between now and then...) I'm not sharing the number or changing my siggy. Crossing my fingers that the loss is a good one!

Keep up the great work all!

trishn222
07-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I so fell off the wagon last weekend that I have some ground to make up so I will be in the 260's for a while now. congrats to all of you who have moved on and hopefully I will be with you all soon!

1049jess
07-07-2011, 12:49 PM
261.0 this morning!
Won't be long!! :)

trishn222
07-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Well I finally made up for the overindulgent fourth of july and am now down below my weight for lat week. I weighed in at 262.6 this morning. I hope to be moving on soon. I hope you all have a great day!

Laura G
07-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Trish - I'm right behind you! I've lost 2 lbs this week to bring me to 263 - look out 250's here we come!

Essa415
07-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey All!!

I am returning to 3fatchicks after taking a long break. I love these get me out threads.

Well I am 263 as of this morning, lets see that number go down down down!!!

misski
07-10-2011, 12:20 AM
I totally forgot about me writing on this post! I'm currently 256-257lbs! Yay!

trishn222
07-11-2011, 10:05 AM
I weighed in this morning at 261.4. I am almost there! I think maybe only one more week!