South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default Going strong for 5 days.... but worried about the weekend.

We have been going strong on ph 1 since Monday!! I am down 6 lbs and husband is down 10 lbs! During the week comes easy because we are very structured during the wrok week. But I am worried about the weekend.. We are a very social couple, going out with friends, grilling and laying by our pool... I am worried we will slip up. Any tips on how to stay focused during the weekend?
NurseKim112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

The weekends are hard for everyone. It just comes down to making conscious choices. As long as there isn't anybody forcing you to eat something unhealthy, it shouldn't be much of an issue. I won't lie, even after a solid year on SB, I still have weekends that are less than stellar. It does get easier with time, though.

The easiest way for me is to find recipes that mimic my favorite unhealthy foods. If I'm not feeling like drinking, I'll make a mock mojito (muddled fresh mint and lime juice, half sprite zero and half club soda) or a fruit smoothie.

Good luck!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I try to avoid social situations with food or I try to be the one doing the cooking (I invite people over for burgers but I'll also have wheat buns, fresh fruit, sweet potato fries, etc) so I'm in control for the most part.

I also mostly drink water or I'll have a glass of wine rather than a fruity drink. It can be done- it's hard- but it can be done!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:48 PM   #4  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

My best defense is to have something that is on plan prepared ahead of time so I will always have something to eat myself even though others may be eating something entirely different. Plan, prepare ahead and relax.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Yes to planning and what I would say, is set a time to eat meals and eat them at that time. What seems to happen on the weekend is meal times get pushed around and then you can overcompensate. Make sure to have your snacks and meals at set times and then you won't find yourself with an excuse to eat off plan.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Grilling works great for staying OP; lots of options and even veggies are great grilled. If you are not hosting, bring an OP side dish to share. My best advice for restaurants is to look at the menu ahead of time, pick the best option or options and stick to that when you get there.

Weekends are hard for most of us. Good luck.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for the tips!! We did pretty good this weekend. We stuck to it Friday and Saturday but fell off the wagon a tiny bit yesterday. We had friends over and had a couple cocktails and didn't get as much water in as we should have. We have definately decided that we will be hosting many pool parties at our house so we can control the food situation and the grill is perfect for staying on track! So all in all I think we did pretty good and we are back at it this morning!
NurseKim112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #8  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Good for you two! I was wondering how you did and was so glad to see your post this morning. Way to go!
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote