Weight Loss Support - Dear Mr. Frosty Tips...we need a break...

Emme
04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Dear Mr. Frosty Tips,

I am so excited that you are now open again to provide the community with your delicious ice cream concoctions; your chocolate chip blitzes (similar to DQ blizzards), german chocolate blitzes, butterfinger blitzes, large twist cones dipped in chocolate, and blue raspberry freezies are my favorite things to eat. I get so disappointed when you close every October and I need to wait until April when you reopen. Why, oh why, must you be seasonal? I'm like a kid in a candy store when you open back up again.

Although I am glad you are back in my life, I am afraid that we need to take a break from each other. It's not that I don't love you, but I've been seeing you more often than I should...and it's not fair to my body or my calorie counting sheet (it gives me the stink-eye every time I sneak off to see you).

For some reason, I think that I need to see you every single weekend (and sometimes twice a weekend) since you are seasonal, but I need to step back and realize that you'll be here for another six months, and I need to relax and focus on my healthy eating. I will occasionally see you from time to time over the next six months, but don't take it personally. I do honestly love you. It's not you, it's me.

Love,
Emme

fatferretfanatic
04-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I know exactly how you feel. Ice cream, as is with most people, is one of my favorite seasonal treats. However, sometimes, it IS ok to 'take a break' with it for awhile-or why not make your own? I know I will this summer-I'll buy the lowest cal vanilla ice cream I can find, and blend a serving of dark chocolate up in it and sprinkle blueberries on top. Still a higher cal treat, but something that you can live with and eat other things for the day and get a bit of nutrition. Mr. Frosty Tips will understand. :D

Emme
04-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the tip! It would be nice to eat ice cream and monitor my own calories instead of guessing what Frosty Tips calories are...which I am sure are through the roof...things just taste so much better when someone else makes it, though!! :)

Angie
04-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Skinny Cow has new little ice cream cups (http://www.skinnycow.com/) -- they are 150-170 calories and just hit the right mark for me when I need something creamy and sweet. It's easy to budget for these in your calorie count.

Riemontana
04-16-2011, 02:10 PM
The skinny cow products are great and they taste really good. But for me, as a diabetic, the carb count is pretty high. I am hooked on ww "snickers" ice cream bars - delish!