Old 04-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/258/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Exclamation I WANT FOOD I CAN'T HAVE...... but I have NOT cheated

It has been SO hard feeding my kids.....you know kids eat more often with snacks and all. Mostly it's the junk food like cookies, ice cream, dough nuts ect. (not that that's how I feed my kids all the time) I haven't cheated and I don't plan to. I know how important it is not to. It's just difficult smelling and seeing the yummy stuff. Will this subside soon or will I have to deal with this all through out the program?
marlana1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/153/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm having a bit of struggle with this too. I have 4 little guys (under 5 yrs old). Even the Teddy Grahams are starting to look good to me! LOL
mom24boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

It gets easier, promise. Stay strong, it's so worth it
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #4  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

Hang in there! Once you see great result, you won't want them anymore.
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #5  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

I will echo Stacy, it will pass. Trust me, if i have leaned anything on my IP journey, it is the work and effort is worth it. Stay strong *sprinkles willpower dust*
Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

Stay with it! My husband ate a DQ blizzard last night, AND I so wanted to take a bite, but I didnt, instead I made a drink with the chocolate IP pack, & added a raspberry crystal light to it, and IT definately satisfied me Good luck!!!
Keair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182(size16)/143(size 8)/132ish

Height: 5'6 started IP 2/2/11

It's all mental, but I promise the cravings will go away after three or four weeks. You can do it !!!!
Of course I just ate a third of a piece of cheesecake after all my preaching about not cheating! What the heck? I'm human I guess, but it's not going to happen again. It is not. Sydney (my 8 yr old) said to me... Mom, you just need to not have the temptations around you.
At the beginning of the diet.. I purposely bought the yucky crackers or chips or cookies that didn't look good to me.. I guess I should do that again I just got lazy with that aspect of it. We are going to be around food the rest of our life, so we are just going to have to learn how to not eat it, be healthy and make good choices . Now I'm totally upset with myself after having a perfect day or 10 weeks) and then blowing it tonight.. But the old me would of ate 3 pieces plus mcdonalds and whatever. Everyday is a new day. We can make good choices or bad, but we will face our own consequences. You will be so happy with yourself when you practice that self control (that I lacked tonight). I really have been so happy with my progress these past 10 weeks, and you will too. I promise it gets easier, it's not an easy diet by any means, but it does get easier.
momoffive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Of course it all smells good! But after a few weeks you think, is it worth stopping this great change?

Now I feel bad after eating a few carrots...and I am very close to my goal weight!

Every day is a great time to regroup and try again!

Good luck!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:15 AM   #9  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I've got to say the best thing I ever did was PURGE my house of bad food the weekend before we started IP. Our teenage daughter flipped out and our response was, "If you want bad food, you can use your money to buy it, and that is fine".

Our new rule was that any food with sugar never came into our house..if we want it, it's a treat that only happens when we go "out". And I just don't bring home anything anymore that we would not be ok with eating regularly. It took about 3 (miserable) weeks, but then nobody has seemed to notice and we all have a great dinner together (almost 12 months later too!).

Even after we moved to Phase 4 (last August) we have stuck to this...we sometimes buy white flour pasta for guests or something like that, but we treat it as a "one night wonder" and whatever is left we send home with our guests and get it out of the house.

Maybe you are a lot stronger than I am and this is way too drastic, but this is how I needed to do it to make it work for me.

For me, the moral of the story is that making change is very challenging but sticking it out is well worth it. Good luck!!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

The hardest for me is making my daughter toast in the morning, it takes everything I have to just not bite it lol
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/235.4/Unoffical 222.7/145

Hubby and I went to Red Lobster for 'lupper' yesterday. He ate 3 cheddar biscuits and took about 10 home-server felt bad I didn't like my fish.

Oh well, guess I will have to buy more sea bass next week since I know I like it-too bad its so expensive.
gaya2081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #12  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

I'm with rocky purged my house of everything I couldn;t eat, hubby is fine with just meat and vegetables etc, I don;t have great willpower otherwise I wouldn;t need this diet, maybe keep kids snacks in hubby car if your married and that way each day they can choose a snack but it's not in the house for you to get tempted with. good luck!
jo2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/258/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Default Thanks Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoffive View Post
It's all mental, but I promise the cravings will go away after three or four weeks. You can do it !!!!
Of course I just ate a third of a piece of cheesecake after all my preaching about not cheating! What the heck? I'm human I guess, but it's not going to happen again. It is not. Sydney (my 8 yr old) said to me... Mom, you just need to not have the temptations around you.
At the beginning of the diet.. I purposely bought the yucky crackers or chips or cookies that didn't look good to me.. I guess I should do that again I just got lazy with that aspect of it. We are going to be around food the rest of our life, so we are just going to have to learn how to not eat it, be healthy and make good choices . Now I'm totally upset with myself after having a perfect day or 10 weeks) and then blowing it tonight.. But the old me would of ate 3 pieces plus mcdonalds and whatever. Everyday is a new day. We can make good choices or bad, but we will face our own consequences. You will be so happy with yourself when you practice that self control (that I lacked tonight). I really have been so happy with my progress these past 10 weeks, and you will too. I promise it gets easier, it's not an easy diet by any means, but it does get easier.

Thanks Summer! You are doing great! Marlana
marlana1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #14  
Started IP - 4/11/2011

S/C/G: 203/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Just remember, once you are at your goal weight you can have these foods again, in moderation. So I say to all those foods I loved before, I'll be back but only for smaller portions :-)

I'm hoping that depriving myself now will help me eat in moderation in the future. Having no discipline is why I am having to do this in the first place.

I've made a decision to take charge of my life with this diet!

Stay positive everyone! You can do this!!
FirstDietVA is offline   Reply With Quote