Weight Loss Support - Some observations...

View Full Version : Some observations...

fresno26
04-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm about three months back into my routine of eating well and exercising, and I thought I would share two observations I've made.

First, it seems the three-month mark has been the amount of time it's taken for my body to finally understand that I'm not starving myself, and, rather, this is the caloric intake I intend to stick with. So, that being said, it has finally started to cooperate and let some pounds go. lol. I wish I'd known at the beginning to be more patient. I fell off track a year or so ago because I didn't look at things the same way. I was pretty impatient.

Secondly, it seems as though this amount of time has officially been long enough to 'shrink my stomach' a bit. It's the first time I can say I've made it to the next meal without feeling ravenous hunger beforehand. :)

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is...at least for me, it's taken a solid THREE MONTHS of discipline and determination...but it's finally happening.

So to all of the new people (and others)...maybe this will give you some motivation to stick with it. :)

I was on a (or should I say 'another') plateau for probably over a month before things started moving again.

Good luck, everyone. Keep doin' it!!

surfergirl2
04-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Great to hear! Good for you for sticking with it...three months isn't that long but i don't think i've ever stuck to an eating plan that long!

I was wondering if i could "shrink my stomach" as well. Usually i eat whenever i feel like it...but now i eat on a schedule, hoping to train my stomach to only get hungry when it's mealtime. Also, i've always had this habit where once i start eating, i don't want to stop; a 200 calorie snack just makes me want more. But i think eating on a schedule has been helping with that. I may not be totally full at the end of a meal, but i know i'll survive for the next 3 hours until it's time to eat again.

fresno26
04-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I totally understand what you're saying! :) I've kind of been experimenting to see how little it takes to keep me feeling full. I have gone recently from eating a pretty large bowl of cereal to one that is probably the actual serving size, lol...and if I give it 30 minutes, I usually feel just as satisfied!

I have to do quite a bit of meal planning so I don't binge and go overboard with calories. I usually plan at least a day in advance.

I have no idea how people can eat small portions of certain things, so I basically just don't keep them around. (I could eat about 1,000 graham crackers with peanut butter, for example.) LOL!

Another huge thing that has helped me = buying a rice cooker. I use it at least five times a week to steam vegetables. They turn out perfectly. I use some Parkay fat-free butter spray and some salt and pepper, and it's usually a fantastic meal for probably under 150 calories total.

-- Oh, and by the way...I didn't lose all of my weight in the past three months! Since I started up again this time around, I've only lost about 13 lbs. :)

partiovascular
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
that's awesome! how many calories are you taking in?

WendeeLou
04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Fresno26- thats a good idea- I think I might buy a rice cooker!!

maydaymayday911
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, Fresno - it's really great to hear from someone who had a really slow start. All bodies and metabolisms are so different, that it can be really frustrating for people to watch others shed 30 pounds in 3 months when their scales don't move at all! Hopefully, your words of encouragement inspire others to stick with it!

MrsMomOrtiz
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks fresno! That's very helpful to me! I've failed plenty of other diets due to absolutely no understanding of what my plateau was. I finally learned after joining WW. See positive results like yours is motivational and very encouraging! Way to stick with it! I'm happy for you!

j0lamo01
04-15-2011, 12:56 AM
I agree with the first thing you said before I would go for 2 weeks then not see a lb of difference on the scale and give up. Now I realize that my body takes longer than 2 weeks! lol Congrats!

fresno26
04-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks ladies!! :) You're all so supportive!

Wendee, I'm glad you saw this post! I thought about re-posting it on our Introductions thread.

Partio - I usually try to take in around 1,300 calories a day when I'm doing moderate activity. Of course, if I do a hard workout and get hungry, I will add maybe a bowl of Kashi cereal/soymilk or some Triscuits and peanut butter. =)

I'm SO happy to hear that I've provided some inspiration on this site!
Believe me, it was taking FOR-ever! LOL But I decided this time to just pace myself and give it an entire year. Then if, at the end of the year, I didn't see huge results, I was going to give up and eat six full-size cakes. lol Luckily after 90 days, I'm finally seeing some progress. Whew! :)

Keep up the good work, ladies! We're all in this together!!

sotypical
04-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I have a rice cooker that I plug into the wall, is that what you cook your veggies in?

Anyway, my Mom bought me one of these veggie steamers a few years ago. I would probably never eat veggies if it wasn't for this. SO EASY!

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=251&catId=8&parentCatId=8&outletSubCat=

http://www.pamperedchef.com/images/product/resized/2778_product.jpg

fresno26
04-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes! Mine's a plug-in. It takes about 20 min and the veggies are steamed perfectly!

I am not super 'into' cooking very much, lol, but I DO have those Pampered Chef pots and they're awesome! :)

sotypical
04-15-2011, 07:43 PM
It takes less then 10 min the microwave thing, but they are not always perfect hahaha.

Laura G
04-15-2011, 07:46 PM
I love the Zip Lock steamer bags - pop in vegies, microwave a 2-3 minutes, done. No fat, water or clean up!

downsizer55
04-15-2011, 09:41 PM
THANK YOU FRESNO!!! and the rest of you too.

This is exactly what I needed to hear today!! It is the "shot in the arm"
that my motivation needed. :yes:

You all rock......this site is super! :broc: