Old 04-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default Starting on Friday........

My first order of medifast was delivered yesterday. Since I've read that I might not feel well the first couple of days, I've decided to begin on Friday. I have been on weight watchers but I haven't done well. In thinking about it, I think weight watchers might actually be too free. I think I need more structure. My doctor recommended medifast along with attending local weekly TOPS meetings. First TOPS meeting will be next Tuesday.

Any tips for a beginner???

Last edited by LosinJen; 04-13-2011 at 09:08 PM.
LosinJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/218/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to you!!!

I never heard of TOPS until you just posted it. I was looking for a place to weigh in. I'm gonna give them a look as well.

Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress.
wildgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/170/135

I pre-pakage all my meals when I get my order in. So organize them 5 meals per baggie. Then I can just grab and go in the morning. I also eat my lean and grean for lunch or split it between lunch and dinner cuz if I wait all the way til dinner to eat "real" food, I tend to eat more.

I also live by mixing my shakes in coffee in the morning!
Triton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #4  

wildgrits ~ I hadn't heard of TOPS before either. It was recommended by my doctor. I'm going this Tuesday. I hope it's good.

Triton1 ~ Funny that you mention the baggie thing becuase I just did that last night. And here I thought I was being all clever.... LOL! Glad that you mentioned that about the coffee also. I've been meaning to do more research regarding drinks that are allowable and was specifically wondering about coffee. I only drink one coffee a day but it's usually light and sweet so I was worried about that.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM   #5  

So already had a set back. Well not really a set back, but I've decided to push my start date to 4/29. I went to a doctor appointment yesterday and they ended up giving me a steriod shot. I've been on steriods before and my main side effect was that I felt like a bottomless pit. I could just eat all day and was always hungry. So I don't want to start the first week of the plan working against the effects of the roids. It's going to be difficult enough as it is and I don't want to discourage myself. So then I thought, no biggie I'll just start next friday. Well of course that is Easter weekend and we will be out of town. I know the plan can be done while out of town on vacation and such but again, just want to give myself the best possible start so I'm not discouraged.

So I will be spending the next two weeks doing more research on recipes and tips. I'll also learn how to use my new magic bullet that I picked up yesterday. I'm going to start restricting carbs and sugar on my own as well. I hope that maybe it will make the first few days more bareable when I do finally start the program on the 29th!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM   #6  

LosinJen- I thought I was clever the 1st time too, then I came here lol. And the coffee mixed with the shakes is like having a latte, I only have it in the morning, AND you can add the sugarfree syrups to it too. So I'm not left out when coworkers go to Starbucks in the morning I can say "Yea, grab me a Venti black coffee with sugar free vanilla syrup and cinnamon." Then they bring it back, I pop it in the magic bullet with my dutch chocolate shake and Presto caffinated gold!

The other thing is...There is never a "good" time to start, there will always be a reason to push it back, parites where you have to resist food, a cold, whatever. The best thing about MF is if you actually eat your 5 meals and you're lean and green, you are NOT hungry.I have a hard time getting down my 5th meal. And if you are hungry, have another MF meal, pickle spears, a sugar free Jello, there are a ton of things you can fill yourself up with ON plan.
At Easter you can have whatever greens are being made and whatever meat is happening, bring a MF brownie or Sugar free Jello for desert! Just skip out on the mashed/stuffing/cheesy/sugary delicious stuff lol. I say start now, get going, and start working on the choices you're making, that's the really hard part at least for me.

I have to update my scaley thing but I'm at 8lbs in 11 days! And that's slow for what other people are losing.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #7  

Triton1 ~ I am so glad that you said that about the coffee & the sugar free syrup! You are right about there not being a good time to start. It's just crazy because for so much of the time I have absolutly nothing else going on... now I'm wanting to start something and for it to be uneventfull and all of a sudden all this stuff is going on. One of my fears is that I heard you feel pretty crappy the first couple of days on the program and I don't want that to happen when we are visiting with family that we haven't seen since Christmas.

Now you have me thinking about just going ahead and starting tomorrow. I haven't felt my usual constant hunger today, like I've had when I've been on steriods in the past. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Congrats to you to be down 8lbs in 11 days! That is awesome!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #8  

Some people need a last meal to part with eating all the carby yummy foods, so it's more mental. If you need one of those, wait.

But by Easter if you started tomorrow, you should be fine, its really the first 3 ish days that are tough. I go by the food is fuel (it's meant to provide nutrients not entertainment) and mind over matter, mantras.

Good Luck!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #9  

I've decided to just bite the bullet and start tomorrow. I really don't want to wait two more weeks..... I'm feeling strong.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #10  

How did starting and Easter go? Are you still on plan?