South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #1  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Default It's Been atleast a year

It's been atleast a year since I have been on this board. I am back doing phase 1. I am going to combine SB with WW. I have had the best success with a combo of these two plans. I have fallen off both the SB and WW wagon.

The next part could be too much information, but it explains my coming back to phase 1.

A little about my past few months. The past few months have been very stressful. we moved to TN from south AL and bought a house and a month and a half later my hubby deployed and this is stressful but I have been through 2 other deployments and a year apart while he was in Korea. Being alone doesn't bother me. This time is a bit harder because he is in Afghanistan this time. He is retiring as soon as he gets back so this keeps me going.

The most stressful thing is my son was diagnosed with crohn's disease and he is nine years old. FOr the month of march he vomited/diarrhea almost every single day in that month. After numerous doctor visits and er visits and being told umpteen million times it is a virus and it will pass we finally got to see an AWESOME pediatric GI doctor who with in a day of seeing her she performed an upper GI and colonoscopy on son and found that his insides were really really inflammed. He is doing better now on medications. We have to watch what he eats and his reactions to foods. We figured out that beans cause him pain. High fiber foods are usually foods that cause crohn's patients problems. At this point his diet isn't restricted, but we have to watch what he eats and record his reactions.

The reason I decided to restart phase 1 for me is after thinking about my weight and the issues I have with controlling portions and such. I reallized that I lost weight the best and kept it off when I ate the southbeach way with ww points. I know there were some other beachers at one time applying both of these diets to their way of eating.

Today is day 1 of a clean phase 1 for me.

Take care

Tammie

Last edited by tammies00; 04-13-2011 at 01:47 PM.
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

back, Tammie!

I'm always glad to see a dear friend return! I'm combining SBD with calorie counting and am regaining confidence. My Sis, who just turned 50, has crohns and would be happy to share her experience with you on a one on one. You know how to get ahold of me

I know it's a stressful time for you and I know you have support coming in from all directions.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:15 PM   #3  
SGeranium

Height: 5"8

Welcome back. Very, very stressful. Take care of yourself.
SGeranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back, I remember you! I'm so sorry about your son. It is so hard when our kids are sick.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm very sorry to hear about your sons diagnosis. I have a coworker whose sister has Crohn's disease and she has to be super careful as well. Is he going to be put on medication for it? Or is he too young for the medications?

Welcome back- I can say that South Beach diet is the only thing that's worked for me long term and that I can sustain for life

Last edited by beerab; 04-13-2011 at 03:22 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 PM   #6  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone

Debbie I will email you about your sis.

Beerab. He is on medication for it.

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back, Tammie! I'm sorry to hear about your son, but glad you found a good doctor. I know several people with Crohn's, and they are all doing quite well as long as they are careful with their diet. I hope your son continues to do well, too.

I'm happy to see you back and look forward to chatting with you!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome back! Glad you're here!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #9  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Hi Tammie, don't think we have met before but I'm glad to meet you now. So sorry about your son but so happy that he is getting help from a good doc. My brother has had Crohn's now for several years and although it was rough at first (he even had to have part of his intestines removed) he is doing very good now watching what he eats. I'm sure you will learn how to help your son figure out what he can eat and stay healthy. Looking forward to his progress and yours during the upcoming months.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote