Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default What would you do about your clothes...??

I have a closet very full of clothes that I cant wear, they are too small. I also have some that are too big but they are going to charity. My hubby keeps complaining that we need to clean out all the clothes in our closet that we don't wear.

Well, my issue is I hope to be able to wear some of these clothes that are too small in the near future.

So, would you get rid of them all and buy more updated stylish clothes as you lose weight or would you hang on to what you have and get rid of the clothes as they get too big?
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #2  
Keto lady

S/C/G: 206/190/Under 140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
I have a closet very full of clothes that I cant wear, they are too small. I also have some that are too big but they are going to charity. My hubby keeps complaining that we need to clean out all the clothes in our closet that we don't wear.

Well, my issue is I hope to be able to wear some of these clothes that are too small in the near future.

So, would you get rid of them all and buy more updated stylish clothes as you lose weight or would you hang on to what you have and get rid of the clothes as they get too big?
I would take a look at the smaller clothing, and donate things that are completely out of style. The items that are classic staples and favorites, I would hang onto and maybe put them somewhere else to make your hubby happy. Basement, attic, storage unit, a flat rolling bin for under the bed, etc.

Hope this helps! You'll be in those smaller clothes in no time!
Txalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I kept my favorite jeans and shirts as my goal. Things I knew would still look good despite what trends would be in when I got there. In all it was about 6 jeans and 6 shirts and 2 dresses.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 281.2/250/160

Height: 5'9"

I had 2 plastic totes of small clothes in the bottom of my closet and every time I lost 5 or 10 lbs I would pull it all out on a weekend day and try it all on. Whatever fit I would hang up and whatever didn't yet would go back in. I agree with the previous poster, go through it and take out what you will wear again and store it somewhere. I also got rid of things that were too big ASAP. I would stop by Goodwill once a week, even if I only had one or 2 things. I don't ever want to own "fat pants" again. Only ones that fit..
Nics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Height: 5'6"

For me, it was a big help that I had kept a lot of my clothes, for several reasons.

First, it was good to know that when something got baggy, I could just dig out something smaller without having to make time for a shopping trip. This is especially true for pants. Some times it seemed like one size would fit okay one day, then the next would be falling off. I'm actually getting a little sad now because I got rid of my smallest clothes a while ago, and am now wearing my smallest pair of jeans.

Second, there is of course money. I know I don't have a lot of money to spend on new clothes, so for me I would much rather spend as little as possible between now and my goal, then to spend it as I go and then not be able to afford to fill up my closet with nice things that fit when I'm done.

Lastly, I admit to being really happy when I'm able to put on something that I haven't been able to wear in a while. It feels like such a big accomplishment to me.

I would think about if you can afford buying new clothes as you go down sizes, and if you like your old clothes. I love a lot of mine, so its a joy to wear them again as I go down, but you might not be as attached to your things.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I guess a lot depends on the clothes. I have a tendency to hold on to things for too long, so for me something not fitting is incentive to get rid of something I shouldn't have been wearing even when it did fit. But favorites, classics, etc. are probably worth holding on to for all the reasons everyone else already said.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

I was so glad I kept like 5 suits when they got too small. I am lucky to have a clothes rack in the attic. I sort of forgot about them, then I had a quick business trip come up and was thrilled to find them. Like 3 of them fit! I may get rid of too big, but I wish I had kept everything too small.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote