South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/203/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Day 11 on Phase 1

Things are going really well though weight loss has slowed waaaay down. I lost 4.4 the first week but in the few days since weigh in I've only lost .4. I am scale obsessed and I need to watch myself. I even went out and blew 50 bucks on a new scale because I thought mine was unreliable!!! I have been hearing about scale despair and that hits the nail on the head, that's me and I need to work on it. If the scale shows a loss I'm gung ho and do great, if it shows a gain for whatever reason, I panic, think I did something wrong, think it's not working so why am I expending so much energy and thought on a diet, etc etc. Blah! I will continue no matter what, I will see where my weight is after the end of this second week. I must say I've entertained the thought of sticking to phase 1 for one more week in case I DID make a mistake somewhere and maybe lose a little more before starting phase 2. Has anyone else done this and where did it get them? I'm really interested in knowing if it's a good or bad idea!
summerlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #2  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Summerlake, one of the first and most important lessons to learn as you follow the South Beach program, is PATIENCE! The weight isn't going to melt off overnight but if you stick to it, it will come off and you will be so much more healthy. I was one that did do phase one a little longer but eventually did move on to what I consider phase 1.5. Looking back, I don't think it did me a lick of good staying on phase one longer than the two weeks. If I were you, I would follow the book and SLOWLY move on. Wishing you success whichever way you go.
TallandThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/203/170

Height: 5'6"

Thanks TallandThin, I'll really think things through before making any harsh decision! I had to chuckle, I know I need to be patient, I really do want it all to melt off overnight! But I needed a reality check, thanks again!
summerlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Summerlake, I don't think you made a mistake anywhere. TallandThin is correct, successful weightloss requires patience. When I was starting I would ask myself how long did it take to gain my weight? My DH has an expression, Ten miles in, ten miles out....You are doing great!!!!!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote