Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Default WHAT! They don't fit?!

It was 10 yrs ago since I've seen myself this thin. I'm pretty much saying I've arrived but I want to see those numbers 130.
Well 10 yrs ago I bought these jean shorts that I just fell in love with, they're size 10's. I remember wearing them when they fit perfectly and one last time (vividly) when I could barely button them. While in my heavy days, I remember thinking back to that day, "Knuckle head, why didn't you take that as a sign that you should get control over your eating?!" I would take them out every now and then just longing for the day to wear them again.
Well a month ago I put them on and they fit a little snug but I was thrilled to be able to put them on in the first place. I put them back hoping to be able to wear them soon where they would finally fit normally and it wasn't freezing. Well a week ago I remembered them and was super excited thinking that they would finally fit. Turned out that I shrunk to the point that they're now loose.
I'm sad because I was longing to be able to wear them again. I'm still wearing them despite the fact that they're loose, too bad I can't wear a belt with them....they don't have the belt loops. But then happy cause I'm closer to reaching my goal.
I'm thinking I bought these shorts when I was starting to gain weight and I was probably thinking "Oh well, it's just one size up. I can lose it and heck I'll have a cute pair of jean shorts till I do." If only I could tell my self then "Dude, don't do it. Wake up! You're heading down a road that will take you years to rebound."

Last edited by mom4life; 04-12-2011 at 07:33 AM.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

What do they look like? Buy another more flattering pair!

for losing!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/198/170

Height: 5'9"

I have a pair of jeans like that. I pull them out and just stare at them. I can't wait to feel them on my butt again The thought of wearing them brings back memories of feeling good about myself and my life. I know it won't be like that when I wear them again, but a small part of me hopes it will.

I'm sorry your shorts are loose, but at the same time, yay!!
Reasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #4  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Your post made me giggle. I had two skirts in my closet that I love love love! They were one of the reasons why I wanted to start losing weight because they were just perfect spring and summer wear. I took them out of my closet a couple months ago and they were fitting better. Still tight, but better. I had lost more weight since so this past weekend I took them out, washed them and touched them up with an iron. I was so excited to wear one to work yesterday. And guess what? TOO BIG! I missed my window of opportunity and now they are in the Goodwill pile with the rest of my unwearables. Yes, I know this is a good problem to have but darn it --- I loved those skirts!

So I know how you feel about having that perfect pair of shorts and not being able to wear them. And even the most experienced tailors can’t do a whole lot about it.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #5  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I have the same exact thing going on! I remember a pair of shorts I got in high school. They were way too big, like they'd fall off, but I'd wear them because they were comfy. I kept them all these years for some reason, and as I lost weight, I couldn't wait until I could wear them again. I finally pulled them out last week, and they're falling off again lol. I'll take that over them being too small! I aim to make sure they're never too small again.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #6  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, it's a good problem to have ladies!

I'm laughing because I have a size 20 dress in my closet that is still a bit too tight. It's a talbot's dress I bought 16 years ago. What's funny is that NOW I wear a size 16W talbots - change their sizing a bit did they?

I probably won't ever be able to wear it again either as by the time it will fit, it will be too hot outside to wear it! Already is, actually! And by this fall I BETTER be farther along in this journey to have it swimming on me.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well, it's a good problem to have ladies!

I'm laughing because I have a size 20 dress in my closet that is still a bit too tight. It's a talbot's dress I bought 16 years ago. What's funny is that NOW I wear a size 16W talbots - change their sizing a bit did they?

I probably won't ever be able to wear it again either as by the time it will fit, it will be too hot outside to wear it! Already is, actually! And by this fall I BETTER be farther along in this journey to have it swimming on me.
It'll fit, you'll get there.
Like I said practically all my old jeans are size 10, including those shorts. Thing is that those shorts are a different size 10, (I guess) cause even though the pants fit they were tight. So when it got warm enough to wear them they ended up being loose.
I have 2 size 8 pants, one I fit in perfectly the other pair is still snug....go figure.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #8  

When I first put them on and found out they were loose. I ran to my dh almost in tears saying:
me: Look they don't fit!
dh: That's good right? I'm happy for you.
me: well sort of but I was looking forward to wearing these and now they're going in the donation bag.
dh: I don't get it, is this a good thing or not?
me: I guess good but you don't get it, I wanted to wear these.
dh: honey, buy yourself another pair.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's gone through this. LOL
Old 04-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Take them to an alteration shop. If you love them so much, it'll be worth getting them trimmed down. I'm sure you'll still love them when they're a bit smaller. The alteration shops here 'specialize in alterations due to weight loss or gain'...so I'm sure one there does too. That's what I'd do.
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post
Take them to an alteration shop. If you love them so much, it'll be worth getting them trimmed down. I'm sure you'll still love them when they're a bit smaller. The alteration shops here 'specialize in alterations due to weight loss or gain'...so I'm sure one there does too. That's what I'd do.
good idea. This might sound funny but the reason why I liked these so much is because they look like "Ellie May Clampett" shorts. hahaha! They have this rope in the front to tie and they're just straight shorts no pleats. I bought them at Ross for probably $10.00 I love these things.
I've always loved the old Esther William's type of swim wear and shorts, these are similar to that style, I might just have them altered. thx

Last edited by mom4life; 04-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

They sound awesome! I hope you'll still be able to wear them this way.

I found some awesome denim capri/shorts at Target last night! They had them in 11's and 15's, and of course I'm in a size 13 right now. Ugh! lol
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #12  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I agree! Get them altered. (BTW...one of my dogs is name Ellie-Mae...she is a total cutie pie!)

I am wearing "those" jeans today. I didn't think they would fit yet. But last night I decided to try them. They fit PERFECTLY. So glad I didn't wait!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
I agree! Get them altered. (BTW...one of my dogs is name Ellie-Mae...she is a total cutie pie!)

I am wearing "those" jeans today. I didn't think they would fit yet. But last night I decided to try them. They fit PERFECTLY. So glad I didn't wait!
good for you!!! So happy for you!!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Haha, this thread is great because I've never been able to find ppl that understand this.. I have missed the "window of opportunity" for a few shirts and a pair of jeans that I never got to wear. I ended up just taking them to a consignment shop.

Most of my clothes are a little too loose now. I'm trying to hold out til I hit my GW and then go on a mini shopping spree. Mini because that's all I can afford.. then I can get a couple pieces of clothing every payday.

I've thought about buying some jeans or shirts now that are a little too small and "grow" into them. lol, has anyone done this?
Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #15  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaseyy View Post
I've thought about buying some jeans or shirts now that are a little too small and "grow" into them. lol, has anyone done this?
I'm wondering if I should do this, too. On the one hand, I would like to have something to wear right now. On the other, what if they are too big for this summer? I was thinking of going to the Goodwill store since then I can get stuff cheap.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote