Old 04-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Planned Binge

Hi Everyone!

So lately I've been a bit frustrated, I can't seem to get out of the 160's! It's been over a month, in fact I think 2 and the scale doesn't want to move down. It bounces back and forth between 160/162 so I decided to shake things up and had a planned binge today. It consisted of a dark chocolate bar, medium size bag of Fritos BBQ Twists, a few cookies, and last but not least 2 cheeseburgers and a medium fry from McDonald's.

I think my body has gotten used to eating the same foods and the same calories everyday so I figured I'd shake it up a bit. Normally I would feel terrible and to be honest there is a little bit of guilt but I would feel worse if I had done this out of boredom, anger, depression, etc.

Has anyone else done this and if so, did it help the scale to start moving in the right direction again? I'm wondering if I should switch back to Points+ for a while. I wasn't having much luck on the new plan so I decided to switch back to Momentum a couple months ago and managed to lose 15 more pounds.
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I wouldn't call it a binge because I wasn't out of control but I sort of did that last week. I had planned high days and low days and counted points for everything but I did have things I normally wouldn't allow myself -- I had a cup of super premium gelato, a McDonald's happy meal, a ribeye steak with baked potato and butter, etc. I drank lots of water and did my usual workouts.

In the end I lost 3+ lbs. I think I wasn't giving my body enough food for what I was asking it to do. Maybe that's the problem you're having, too. You burn thousands of calories over the course of a week. You're asking a lot of your body.

I started out following the wendy plan but I actually ate even more points than the plan suggests. I don't know if this will work every week but it worked for me this time.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #3  

I hope it works for you. When I want to shake things up, I do just the opposite. I usually fast for two or three days. Not saying that's the way to go, but it works for me. I do have a question, though. Why the medium fries and not the large? If I'm gonna binge, I'm gonna BINGE! lol Good luck!
hatgirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #4  

Spooky ~ Good point about 'asking a lot of your body'.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirlie View Post
I hope it works for you. When I want to shake things up, I do just the opposite. I usually fast for two or three days. Not saying that's the way to go, but it works for me. I do have a question, though. Why the medium fries and not the large? If I'm gonna binge, I'm gonna BINGE! lol Good luck!
I've fasted before and had some luck but felt so tired and sluggish. I did however lose 4lbs. I workout pretty much everyday and last week I burned a little over 10,000 calories for the entire week. Even though I eat my AP's, I don't think I'm eating enough.

I think I stuck with the medium because it was the size that came with the meal! LOL! I probably should have gotten a large

Last edited by KimberlyP; 04-11-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
I wouldn't call it a binge because I wasn't out of control but I sort of did that last week. I had planned high days and low days and counted points for everything but I did have things I normally wouldn't allow myself -- I had a cup of super premium gelato, a McDonald's happy meal, a ribeye steak with baked potato and butter, etc. I drank lots of water and did my usual workouts.

In the end I lost 3+ lbs. I think I wasn't giving my body enough food for what I was asking it to do. Maybe that's the problem you're having, too. You burn thousands of calories over the course of a week. You're asking a lot of your body.

I started out following the wendy plan but I actually ate even more points than the plan suggests. I don't know if this will work every week but it worked for me this time.
Maybe switching back to P+ and doing the Wendy Plan will help me get to goal! I feel like I've also been eating way too many carbs and I do so because I run A LOT. I figured I needed massive amounts of carbs to keep me going because I run anywhere between 3 and 7 miles, it just depends on how my knee is feeling.

Sheen's tigerblood wore off! Sadly, I am no longer WINNING! LOL
Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #7  

Oh, I think you're still winning. You look great, you're progressing with your running and other fitness goals, you just aren't losing as quickly as before. You'll figure it out.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

wasnt intentional for me today, but i havent tracked a single thing today O_O tried to track my 4 spoons of cereal earlier (figured, 1/8 a cup would cover the milk and cheerios).. apparently 0 points... and i ate a publix sub today .. and a jello yogurt thing and some apple juice... thats it.. so i've either gone really over or severely under.. (publix subs usually work out to be 19 for a half (with mayo - and i get it mayo free)... but eh.. shrug...
sometimes you just have to do it, right?

Last edited by Jinksie; 04-11-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #9  

Whoa, 19 points for HALF a sub? Wth is on it?
I can't not track. WW has brainwashed me. Even when I eat 55 points I track every single one.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

well its a white roll 1/2... swiss cheese. they usually slather the mayonnaise on (with one of those cake mix, mixing spoon things - and i can only assume they use full fat, which is alot of points), lettuce, then chicken tenders
if i get it, i get it mayo free. If i want mayo i'll put lite stuff on, lease that way i can control the points for it
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

I will recommend you to do it but on healthy foods.... up you points for one day make a homeburger or something like that ...I hope you to be out of 160's in not time.
\
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #12  

Actually, you're doing great! I think it's ok to splurge on a binge, occasionally, as long as you (we) remember to get right back on track the following day.
Good luck! You're obviously doing something right!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #13  

Yep It definitely works for me, If I don't budge any weight for a while, even though being strict I figure my body has learnt to live with my diet and excercise, the body is incredible at adjusting to our lives, which is why we need to shake things up now and again, to stop it getting comfortable where we are at!
So shaking that up, for me, definitely does work, though for a few days you might notice a weight gain (due to the salt and water retention) but I find in the couple weeks that follow I do lose weight!
I actually try to allow myself a treat day once a month, where there is no plan, my only goal is not to binge on those days!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 AM   #14  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
It bounces back and forth between 160/162
If nothing else, at least you aren't gaining! The 2 lbs is frustrating, I know, but it could be worse. You're just getting to experience unintentional maintenance!

But I remember doing the wendy plan before on momentum and it worked. I'm sure you can figure out how to adapt it to Points+
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

My weight has been annoyingly not going down, so I took myself on a 49 mile bike ride on Sunday (and consumed an entire loaf of olive bread on the trip. That and a few oranges were so perfect.) Can't tell yet what it's done in terms of weight loss, but I'd rather shake my body up like that than eating at McDonald's.

What about cutting back on exercise for a week? I tend to lose faster when I eat less and move less, which is a challenge since I love to move.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote