Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

Default what do you do, when you dont feel well?

I have my TOM again.. (im not liking this every 2 weeks business) but i dont feel well today. I got about 4 spoons into my cereal and i just dont want it...

what do you all do when you dont feel well, and just dont want to eat? Do you force yourself to eat your points? or let it go for a day?
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

It depends on what you mean by not feeling well. If I am nauseous and unable to keep a lot of food down I don't worry about points. I will eat what I can tolerate and will also drink gatorade or regular ginger ale to settle my stomach.
If I'm not feeling well in another way that doesn't involve digestion then I do my best to eat healthy food/stay within my points/meet the GHG.
I don't force myself to eat, though. If you don't feel like eating then I'd choose some higher point items later to try and up your calories as much as possible.
I hope you feel better soon.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #3  

its a nauseous feeling but no throwing up.. - never really done that, even during morning sickness. Just an unsettled feeling in my stomach/throat.

thanks spook
Old 04-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #4  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh my, count yourself LUCKY! When I have TOM I have ravenous cravings...sweet, salty, sweet, salty, repeat-I wish I had your problem lol.

But seriously, peppermint is a natural treatment for nausea. I swear by it for my kids. Got into the habit when they were too young to take pepto or anything and it works well enough that I've never switched to anything otc.

I keep peppermints in the car, my purse, etc. You can do it without any calories, and sometimes more effectively because it is more concentrated, with a bottle of peppermint oil. Just take off the top the bottle and give it a good whiff.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

I agree with dragonlady, count yourself lucky!! It's now my TOM and I have been eating EVERYTHING in sight since Saturday!! I dont know what exactly I am craving but hopefully it will pass in the next couple of days!!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #6  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Ginger is key for nausea too. Ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger candy, ginger gum... I had a whole stockpile of ginger with me when we took our first cruise, and I was glad I did! The last couple of days were very rough seas!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaP916 View Post
Ginger is key for nausea too. Ginger ale, ginger tea, ginger candy, ginger gum... I had a whole stockpile of ginger with me when we took our first cruise, and I was glad I did! The last couple of days were very rough seas!
ginger actually makes me sick!
long story short, i used to get travel sick, and this was my mum's remedy also. It worked, cos i'd puke before we travelled =p
ginger makes me sick, garlic gives me migraines... go figure