100 lb. Club - Nsv

View Full Version : Nsv

tsuninight
04-07-2011, 03:52 PM
So I mentioned awhile ago that I would be starting Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping shortly and wanting to know others who’d gone through a similar program.

I was CRUSHED when I went through orientation and I couldn’t do 1 single full sit-up. I could not get my upper half from the ground to my knees… even cheating and using my arms to help swing me up by swinging them forward first … I couldn’t do it. I had been thrilled on my pushups. I thought I’d maybe get one or two done, but I got 21 of the girl (from the knees) done! I was so thrilled, I thought I was going to get similar or better for sit-ups. No, I couldn’t do 1. NOT ONE! Then I went and id the mile “run”. I figured I’d rock this one out (for me). I had spent a lot of time on the treadmills. I’d started jogging. I figured if I pushed I could do a 13-14 min mile… I mean after all it was only 1 mile. It was the hardest mile I think I’d ever done. I couldn’t jog for most of it, and my shins hurt worse than I’d ever experienced. My time? 15:32 seconds. The end for that day was a snowy, wet, dreary let down. The sit-ups though bothered me the most.

Beyond orientation I have only attended 9 sessions, but on that 9ths session I DID A FULL SITUP! It wasn’t elegant, I did have to use my arms in front of me in the air to help propel me…. BUT I DID IT! I DID IT I DID IT!

Considering Monday felt like I was trying to kill myself, I had started wondering if I was going to be able to do even one by week 5… I mean what if I couldn’t do one by week 10!? It appears my fears and worrying was worthless, because after busing my butt for only a week and a half I can already see progress. I not only did 1 sit-up I did about 10. It took awhile, but I cannot describe the victory.

Sometimes, it really is about the small victories.

My vlog on the matter lol. http://youtu.be/mi9rfhaFwwY

fatferretfanatic
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Small victories make it all worth it. I too have had extra teeny goals leading up to my athletics. Ugh-my mile and a half is 17 mins and I am killed by the time I am done! But, I can run the whole way after a month of working and that is what counts-the little goals along the way! Good job, and kudos for recognizing that the bigger pictured depends on tons of tiny pixels of success.

Nikki6kidsmom
04-08-2011, 12:43 AM
This was exactly me at bootcamp January of 2010, 1 year later I can do 3o plus situps in a minute and run a 8 minute mile. I go back and read my personal blog from the start of bootcamp about how hard I remember it being and how doubtful I was in myself. Now I laugh at that girl. You are doing great!!! Keep it up you can do this.

JamiSue3916
04-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Great job sticking with it. That's the hardest part...continuing to do something you can't do 'cause you know you'll be able to do it soon. Excellent work!

I just went to a Group Strength Training class at California Family Fitness and it kicked my butt. They have a whole ab section and I could hardly do any of it. She kept saying, "Keep those shoulder blades off the ground!" Yea right! Kept at it though and am trying real hard to stay positive and go back again next week.

tsuninight
04-08-2011, 01:01 PM
am trying real hard to stay positive and go back again next week.

Think about how much of a personal victory it will be once you can do it all.

:D

Some things that hurt and/or are hard are totally worth it. ... Sometimes I just need that type of victory to remind myself of that.

FitGirlyGirl
04-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I think this is an awesome NSV. It doesn't matter if you can only do 1 right now and have to use your arms. That's more than you could do and that proves that it's working. In 9 more sessions what might you be able to do? 18 more sessions? Keep it up!