Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1  

Default Tennis elbow? But if I haven't been playing tennis...

Feb 16th I injured both elbows pretty badly. You can ask me how, but I'm trying to keep this short.

Lacerated left with two stiches. Both elbows diagnosed as not fractured and 1 doc said "bruised bones" while a follow up doc said "bruised bursa". I'm not sure if that's the same, or if I bruised both.

Anyone know?

Also, my right elbow (which took the brunt of the fall) hurts not only where the bursa is, but the outer area where ulna and tendons connect to the humerous. The follow up doc said this is tennis elbow. He tried to send me home with a rediculously huge band to use while training (which I refused - I couldn't move in it!) and a list of "how to" hold a tennis rackey and golf club.

Really? I haven't played tennis or golf since August. I never had this pain while playing those sports.

So could tennis elbow be caused by an injury such as a fall directly on the elbow?
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #2  

Nevermind. 1 click on google and I got my answer.

My pain is likely a small tear in the tendon and probably caused by the fall.

The treatment is the exact same thing you'd do for treating tennis elbow.

My doc was right to give me the info on racket grip and so forth because there's also a lot if info on stretching, strengthening and icing.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote