Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Bistro Buddies New Thread

View Full Version : Bistro Buddies New Thread

Pluto Is A Planet
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi All,

Just want to get the new thread started - hope to hear from everyone soon!

Misstiff
04-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Well I am new around here I guess should introduce myself, I have been lurking around for a few days reading and getting even more motivated. I have struggled with my weight as long I can remember, I slimmed a little in High school and was pretty active but I have never been smaller then size 10. After school I decided after putting on about 50lbs and getting into a size 20 I was over it and ready for a change so I lost 65lbs counting calories. That latest for about a year then I started gaining pound by pound and before I knew I was up to 216 so I started over and counted calories until I dropped 60lbs, but guess what it's back plus 20lbs. So last week I came to terms with the fact I am about to turn 30 and it is time to get healthy so I started tracking keeping food diary and have lost 6lbs. Downside is I work about 60 hours a week and it's hard to be prepared so you don't make bad choices so after much reading I have decided to try Bistro MD to help me with not having to work on the measuring and monitoring of dieting. I look forward to getting to know all of you more.

Tiff

Tweets
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi, Tiff. Congratulations on the six pounds. I'm new to Bistro and this board as well, and so far so good. I've never even had a craving - quite something for this queen of the chocoholics. I wish you much success, and maybe a few less work hours!

Pluto Is A Planet
04-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome Tiff! Glad to see you and Tweets made it over to the new thread! Hopefully the rest of the Bistro Buddies will find us (and some new ones will join us!).

Have a great weekend!

Pluto

Misstiff
04-08-2011, 11:12 PM
I ordered the 5 day with snacks the food looks pretty good. I've never used a delivery food service before so I don't really know what expect. Guess next week will be the moment of truth.

Pluto Is A Planet
04-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Good Morning All,

Down 1.5 lbs this morning - getting more consistent with exercise has been key for me - still more work to do there, but its a start.

Tiff,
I've been on BMD for a couple of months and I still get excited when my food arrives - like a mini "food" christmas. I think I've only had 1 maybe 2 dishes that I've asked BMD to stop sending/substitute for me. Hope you enjoy your food when it arrives

Pluto

Misstiff
04-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Pluto awesome job on your weigh in!!

I really need to try and figure out how to fit exercise into my routine, I gained another assistant so hopefully once I have him trained and up to speed I can cut back on my hours, get rested and have the engery to exercise. I guess when I stop and think about I need to find some balance in my life.

Does everyone weighin once a week?

Only 2 days left of my vacation so Im having a splurge going out to eat with my mother and boyfriend. First splurge since I started but hey a girls gotta live right???

LBBUGS13
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi all,

Busy week, but did manage to get a workout in Thursday washing, drying, cleaning and protection of my car. Took me three hours, but it is read for some nice weather and we took it out for a drive with the top down. So nice to finally have a break from the rain, the heat was blasting, but it was nice to get out in the nice weather.

Welcome, Tiff and congrats on the 6 pounds lost, hope you have a great and successful journey with BMD.

Pluto, congrats on the loss. I need to step back up on the exercise, my cough is getting better and I need to just buck up and get my a** out of bed in the morning and just do it!

K, glad you are enjoying your time with family and not worrying about the food, sorry to hear about your food poisoning. I had a similar episode when I was in Italy last year, got car sick sitting in the back of the van, and tossed my cookies at a winery. I knew with those switch backs and the way our driver was zipping around that I should not ride in the back ... The rest of the trip I was up front with the driver, talk about embarrassing:o

Lost 1 pound this week, got a lot of stress in my family right now, for once it is not work at least, but I know that can affect weight loss. So I am chipping away at this, but it is slow going ... At least I am not having to stress out about food, it is nice to just grab and go in the morning.

Everyone have a great weekend:)

Lisa

LBBUGS13
04-10-2011, 01:20 AM
Just wanted to share that I had my cheat meal, and actually got on line and looked up the calories and made much better choices than if I had just ordered and not looked plus I didn't eat it all. Ended up getting Outback to go and I did get the sirloin, but only ate 1/2, got the veggies, no potato (OMG 500+ for loaded) and the salad. I am learning:carrot:

Lisa

Tweets
04-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Congratulations on all lost pounds and healthy eating decisions. Smart, smart, smart, Lisa. I don't trust myself enough to even think about restaurant (or even cafeteria) food yet. It's an absolutely beautiful day and I actually laced up the walking shoes and went for a walk. Just a slow mile, but it's a start. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Misstiff
04-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Lisa that sounds like a good option for eating out, I have the app on my ipad go meals and it is very easy to review online menus prior to eating out so you are able to make better choices. Also congrats on you loss hope your family stress gets better.

Tweets it's a beautiful day here in Alabama too, I took the Dogs on a extra long walk today.

mercer1122
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
I've been on BistroMD for a week, lost 3lbs which I love but I can hardly choke down the food. I can't justify spending the big bucks for food I can barely eat. I've ordered a couple of Nutrisystem entrees to try, but I'd love other suggestions too. I really need a very structured plan.

Janet

Misstiff
04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh Janet your making me scared about my first order I'm waiting for. I hope it will be her sometime this week so I will be sure to keep you posted when it gets in. Good luck on finding something that works for you. I had read lots of reviews that said it was onw of the better tasting ones.

joyfulloser
04-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Misstiff - As a BistroMD alumni...I can tell you that the QUALITY of their food is not to even be compared with Nutrasystem/JC! It would be like comparing filet mignon to cheeseburgers!:p

That said...some people prefer cheeseburgers!:D Bistro is not for everyone. However, if you like "gourmet" foods, with more of a focus on using interesting herbs and spices instead of salt and sugar to make your food taste good, then you'll probably enjoy BistroMD.:D

As far as weight loss...well, I lost 33 lbs in 3 months on the meal plan. Granted, I was probably a "model" student...as I NEVER complained, and just ate the stuff I liked and choked down the stuff I didn't like. I didn't go off plan...not even ONCE because I am CHEAP and simply figured I was paying waaaay too much money to CHEAT myself that way. I did, however, have a CHEAT MEAL (usually Jamaican food takeout..YUM) weekly, but watched my portions and as you already may know...1 cheat meal per week is actually part of the BistroMD program (they call it My Night).

Exercise didn't start until after 3 weeks on the program. I started by walking my dog in the neighborhood and graduated to running a 5K 3 times a week. I now run 20+ miles per week.:D

Point is...it was totally painless for me. I LOVE most of the food and have saved about a month's worth of those little "black trays" they give you to store my own meals. I still use the many valuable lessons I've learned while on BistroMD and have lost the rest of the weight "calorie counting" with only less than 5 more lbs to go to my vanity weight!:carrot:

BISTRO MD WORKS!!! No...ifs...ands....or butts about it. If you stick to the program...YOU WILL lose the weight! That is all.:)

Tweets
04-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello all. Well, I've completed three weeks and I'm loving this program. I've pretty much eliminated the meals I don't like and am only getting favorites. Stick with it just a little while longer if you can, Janet. One of the best parts about Bistro is being able to customize your menu.

mercer1122
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
My week2 is coming today. We shall see. My body is having some trouble dealing with the high protein. I do prefer basic food. Just because I haven't liked it doesn't mean you won't Mistiff. Good luck!

kifli
04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone. Still in Europe, but will be headed back next Monday. So I have definitely gained this last week. My pants and stomach are confirming it. My husband and I had some alone time while his family watched the kids for us. We didn't have a lot of time, so we went out for dinner, followed by dessert. Also his Aunt Eva cooks wonderful food and I overate.

Honestly, I can't wait to get back to the states, because I really dislike this new weight gain. I feel out of control eating like this and I don't like it. I do know how to control portions, but it's just a lot harder when you are on vacation. I think this break has really given me some real motivation to 'hit it hard' this next two months. So we'll just have to see how much my ticker needs to move up from the gain.

Nice to hear from you Lisa. Sitting in the back, car sick...Reminds me of the time I went ocean fishing with my dad on a charter boat. Enough said.
Those new to BMD - welcome =)
I did it for a short while and it does work, and the food is more nutritious and of higher quality (I did JC after my first pregnancy and lost weight, but did not eat as many veggies while on that plan). Currently calorie counting, which works for me. Like the people on this thread, so I keep posting here. You guys make the journey a great one =)

LBBUGS13
04-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great week. Weigh in day, I am always hopefully and yet dread it at the same time. Down another pound, and I did kick up the exercise this week. The way i am going it will take me 30 weeks to get to goal, but it is better than nothing.:^:

Got in two 30 minute walks, one in the hail, and twice on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today is house cleaning, amazing how many calories you burn vacuuming a large house. Yesterday I was off and did all my visiting with my mom and then my dad. Trying to figure out what the my plan will be because I was only going to do this to jump start myself and will go off BMD in another month. I admit I was hoping to drop more weight in 3 months, but it is what it is. I have been looking at signing up for the the Zone, which will mean shopping, prepping, planning, and using their products like bagels, pasta, etc.,but I can't do this forever unfortunately due to the costs. I also bought the new Eat this not That cookbook to get some ideas. Got to have a plan of action before so I don't slip back into the eat whatever like before.

K, good to hear from you, I will be on the calories counting bandwagon with you soon, but will probably still check in, sounds like you are ready to hit the ground running when you get back.

Mercer, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out what I didn't like and if you email them, they are really good about substituting what you don't like. Now granted if I could I would eat the cinnamon pancakes every day, but I can't:)

Tweets, sounds like things are coming together for you, hope the scale is going downs, down for you. Sounds like you are on a roll.

Joyful, good to hear from you and big congrats on down to the last four pounds, that is awesome:carrot:

Misstiff
04-16-2011, 11:18 PM
Hello everyone had to check in and let you know that I got my first shipment and so far I have LOVED every meal. The only thing that wasn't to great was one of snack packs kind of a healthy chex mix, it was ok but not wonderful. I am impressed with the meals so far.

Misstiff
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Well I am leaving for a business trip starting tomorrow and I will be gone for 3 days so I am praying that I will be able to make the best choices possible I have lost 2 more pounds so that is going to keep me motivated. I will return on Thursday so I hope I can keep my will power up. I will be checking in when I get back!

Danni72
04-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Glad I found new thread!

Well im still averaging about 1-2 lbs a week. Going to get a gym membership soon to help.

I was wondering if some of you could list the meals you liked most and least? I liked Spinach Mushroom Crepe and Turkey Picadillo the most. The least- Prob the Mediterrean Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo. The chicken was dry and shrimp too saucy.

LBBUGS13
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Weigh in day, dropped 2.2 pounds this week and got in five 30 minute walks, and three 30 minute sessions with part time using small hand weights on the treadmill this week. For my last few weeks on BMD I will be using up my extra meals that I missed, and just having the wine as my cheat on Saturday. I have 28 more pounds to go to goal and will most like be switching over to the biggest loser plan, I have had success with that program and you are able to work in things that you like like wine & chocolate and still lose weight, which is something I need in a plan so I don't feel deprived or start obsessing with food on TV.

Danni, my favorite meals have been the berry crepes, cinnamon pancakes,stuffed French toast, the bagel with maple butter, chicken & mushroom crepes for breakfast. For lunch my favorites have been the steak wrap - the spinach side, but I like the wrap so much I admit I just dump that part; arroz con polo with some low fat greek yogurt & salsa, turkey bolognese,chicken & roasted apples, dragonfly chicken, cheese tortiellini, shrimp primavera,bangers & mash. Dinners are anything with pasta (penne vodka pasta, beef tips I. Red wine, salmon, beef tips w/mushrooms, chicken & roasted apples.

When I look back there was more that I liked than disliked, which is good. I admit the last two weeks I did add that I didn't want any more of the pureed squash, cut up is one thing, baby food is another. A lot of things I do add salsa or tbsp of Greek yogurt to make taste better, but I added those into my calories for the day and were usually no more than 30 calories for each tops. I have there weeks until my big 50 and would like to drop 5 more pounds, we will see. I am still coming in weighing less than I started.

Today is washing car, trimming bushes and cleaning out closets. I want to get rid of all the stuff that is too big, I don't want to go there again. Keeping them is like saying I may need those, they are always in the back of your mind, or a fall back. Prudent hubby wants me to box them up just in case, he sees all the $$$$ going out the door. I think I need to donate to those in need the too big and the too small ( I have been hanging on to my size 6's like they were a life raft. Not sure that I can get to that size and maintain. So both sets are kind of a crutch or fall back.

Sorry for the novel, everyone have a great weekend.

Lisa

Pluto Is A Planet
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi All,

I've been MIA, swamped with work - the only good thing I can say is that for once, all the added work stress has not lead me to over eat - so no weight gained, but also no time for exercise so I'm still holding steady. Things will be clearing up this week, so I'll be back on the exercise kick. I'm going to switch from 7 days no snacks to 5 days no snacks - love the food, but trying to transition back to cooking for myself. Going to try cooking on the weekends - the weather is starting to warm up and I'm a big fan of cooking outdoors on the grill. Looking forward to grilled veggies, chicken/shrimp kabobs, salmon.... the list could go on and on

Congrats to all for the continued weight loss - Hope everyone has a great week!

Pluto

LBBUGS13
04-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi all,

Kifli, love your picture!

Saturday was a bad, ate an extra BMD meal and then blew it with nachos. Should have stuck with my cheat meal, but I am back on track. First time in over 2 months that I slipped up on this program, and I had not had a chip in all that time.

Pluto, looking forward to hearing how you do on five days, I am going to continue until mid may, need to send them an email that the week of May 9th will be my last shipment. I am out of town for a few days around that time, so will have to eat on my own starting then anyway. I am a little scared about slipping up, but if I can lose the last 20 pounds by the end of summer and then need to learn to maintain. Hopefully I can get it right

Lisa

Misstiff
04-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Just weighed in today lost additional 3lbs so far makes for a total of 12 lbs!!

kifli
04-27-2011, 01:42 AM
Congrats Misstiff! There are only a couple of things that make me feel like a million bucks:
1. a great haircut and color (never seems to happen anymore)
2. a 3 pound loss (that never seems to happen anymore either =0)

Misstiff
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Congrats Misstiff! There are only a couple of things that make me feel like a million bucks:
1. a great haircut and color (never seems to happen anymore)
2. a 3 pound loss (that never seems to happen anymore either =0)

Kifli it does get harder the smaller you get that's for sure but Im going to enjoy it while the 3 lbs weeks last :). I do agree with a great haircut and color, Im lucky my mom is a hairstylist so I have never gotten my hair done by anyone else and although she no longer has her shop, she still does my hair LOL :)!! What can I say I'm spoiled!!!

kifli
04-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Misstiff - That's funny about your mom. It seems whenever I see someone with great hair, I ask them who does it and I always get told it's a family member no longer working in a salon. Just my luck! Hoping for good hair again one day. Also hoping for a loss next week. No change in weight this week.

Pluto Is A Planet
04-30-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi All,

Down 2.5lbs this week :carrot: - wow, what a relief! My 5 days/week meal plan starts with next week's delivery. I'm a little nervous, but we'll see how it goes. The other thing I'm considering is asking for 5 days of lunches and dinners only. That may be my next step in the transition. Breakfast is my favorite meal and I actually was eating fairly similarly to the breakfast meals BMD sends, so that shouldn't be a drastic change.

Lisa, I've had a couple of slips along the way but haven't let them totally derail me - you'll be fine!

Congrats on the weight loss, Misstiff - Awesome!

Well, I'm off to the golf course - walking all 18 holes, takes about 4-5 hours (that's my exercise for today).

Everyone have a great weekend!

LBBUGS13
04-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi all,

Down a pound but had a few slip ups this week, and didn't get a lot of exercise in, plus TOM.

Pluto, congrats on the 2.5 pounds this week, have a great time golfing, that is a lot of walking. I am thinking about going to five days only next shipment, are you just counting calories for the other two days. I admit I am a little anxious about cutting off BMD, it is so nice to just grab and go.

Kifli, a great haircut is a good thing. I am getting mine highlighted and foiled next week for a treat to myself for my birthday, just had it cut short too. I usually color myself, but wanted more highlights and a little edger than normal as a treat to myself.

Wanted to share one of my new fav snacks, I use 1/3 cup Trader Joes 2% Greek yogurt, splash of pure vanilla, packet of trivia sweetener and some semi frozen raspberries and small blueberries, about a 1/2 cup. I have never taken to the Greek yogurts before and the nonfat plain seems too runny, this is like having a thick berry shake. I put into one of my cocktail glasses. It is yummy and I am getting all the goodness without all the sugars the premixed yogurts have. I was shocked when I looked one the other day to see how many grams of sugar were in it.

Got lots to do today, and hope the rain clears up, the birds did a fly by on my car and I need to wash and then clean house, which burns a lot of calories. Trying to find different ways to count exercise.

Take care nd have a great weekend.

Lisa

LBBUGS13
04-30-2011, 01:10 PM
... Forgot to add

Misstiff, congrats on the 12 pounds lists, way to go:carrot:

Lisa

LBBUGS13
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Hi anyone, LOL

Well I have finally decided after about a month of debating, that I will be switching to the Sonoma way of eating, when I end my BMD deliveries. I think this way will fit in with several upcoming trips and family vacations. This delivery will be my last shipment, will be contacting them today. It has been so easy, and I think really helped jump start me on the portions and plate sizes we should all be eating. I have relearned to eat smaller more frequent meals throughout the day and even my cheat meal is more thought out, only had two slices of pizza this week, by cutting them each in half and using a smaller plate. I have been using a dessert plate and putting my meals on those for the last few weeks.

Will pop in and see how you all are doing, and will be on this site.:hug:

Lisa

kifli
05-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Good Luck with everything, Lisa. I also have been using dessert plates for my meals. I'm still calorie counting. Hope to hear again from you! I like this thread, but I have also been posting in some of the 'challenge' threads since I'm not really doing BMD anymore. I hope you lose lots =0)

Pluto Is A Planet
05-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Good luck Lisa! - Check in on us often, would love to hear how everything is going.

I received my first 5 day/no snack shipment yesterday. Will be using the weekends to cook my own meals - the work week is so hectic, I still need the grab-n-go approach for that. Will be using the weekends to figure out what works and doesn't. I may end up stopping my shipments all together by July so I'm not sure if the transition is from 5day/no snacks to 5 day/lunch-dinner only or to just flying solo, counting calories.

Golfing today and Saturday, so lots of walking - looking forward to it. Will check back in after the weigh in (Sat or Sun)

Have a great day, all!

Pluto

LBBUGS13
05-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

Been scouring the web for recipes, also addded BMD to facebook page, as they often have some good recipes. It is hard to find many that are not either high sugar or carbs. BMD does a great job with their meals keeping the protein so high. Found a few sonoma and belly fat ones on the web and prevention sites, but they all want to sell you stuff, LOL.

I know from past experience I need to keep the bad carbs and sugar out of my diet. Using the time until my food food runs out to get as prepared as I can, as I know that is the key for me.

This month is challenging as I have my dad's birthday @ restaurant on Saturday, mother day brunch Sunday, my birthday weekend out of town at the wineries the next weekend, another birthday party the following week and then 4 days of camping over the holiday weekend. If I can just maintain thru all that I will be a happy camper.:dizzy:

Did good at the office luncheon this past week, I had steamer clams, and a side of green beans. Even got on line to try and input the calories. I am also ramping up the exercise too.

Pluto, share what you are doing on your off days, and I sill share what I find. Would love to find a recipe for the cinnamon sweet potato pancakes, that is my goal to find a good one that I can freeze, grab and go and that is not full of bad carbs and sugar.

Kifli, are you following a certain plan or just tracking calories?

Keep up the good workI will check back in later this week,

Lisa

kifli
05-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Lisa- Just counting calories. I might add, not doing such a great job of it lately. Still at the same weight these last 2 weeks b/c I have been going over. You are smart to research some recipes ahead of time. I have been cooking a lot lately for my husband and toddler who like totally different food. I have been eating their food which has been throwing me off with the calorie counting.
Sounds like you have a lot of fun and busy things to start off your summer. Enjoy and talk to you later =0)

LBBUGS13
05-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi all,

Weigh in day and I am down 2 pounds. About two weeks left on the food, as the last delivery was yesterday:^: I have about 2 1/2 weeks of food in the freezer with missing some meals.

I did join a challenge group for five pounds in May. With all I have going on that is going to be challenging!

Kifli, I have been your route, that is tough, you don't want to make two meals, and it is hard trying to figure out calories. I always find it tough when you go out to eat to figure the calories, especially if it is not a big chain restaurant when you can look it up and then I have my doubts about how accurate those are.

Luckily my husband and son are older and they are pretty picky eaters, plus they don't have to watch what they eat and don't like "diet" food, so they are on their own. That also means I have stuff in my house that are real triggers for me, like chips.

Off to clean house as I am hosting mothers day tomorrow, have a great weekend!

Lisa

Misstiff
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Just checking in Im still just moving along, one meal at a time:) 14lbs lost so far YIPPIE!! 2 more weeks before I leave on my cruise and then right back on track!

Pluto Is A Planet
05-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi All,

Down 1.5 lbs - extremely happy!!! Every little "pound" counts! Well, the 5 day lunch/dinner is going okay. I joined a walking "challenge" at work, they gave us pedometers and I've been counting steps... haven't make 10,000 per day yet, but that's the goal!

So with the 5 day, breakfast has never been an issue for me - best meal of the day and I have lots of choices/variety (waffles, pancakes, eggs, mini bagels, turkey sausage, oatmeal, etc etc). The challenge has been lunch and dinner variety... Since, I only have to cover a weekend, salmon with grilled veggies, grilled chicken with veggies, turkey spaghetti (makes a few meals), turkey or veggie chili.... well, I'm getting back into my cooking groove. Helps when you can fire up the grill!

Going to buy a "spinning" bike for home exercise - Anyone have one? Recommendations??

Have a great weekend!!
Pluto

LBBUGS13
05-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Hi all,
Quick checkin ... Just got off a long birthday weekend, so glad I weighed in Friday, plus I have the whole week to get back on track. Did the wine tours in Eastern, WA, got some walking in on Friday. Last week of food, then will switch over to the other plan and hopefully some more weight lost. Just got off the treadmill, then off to work. Got to try and get a walk in later. Take care

Lisa

Pluto Is A Planet
05-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Hi All,

Well my plan to transition from 7 day/no snack, to 5 day/no snack, to possibly lunch/dinner only...... has gone by the wayside. I called BMD and my last shipment is next week. The primary reason for my switch is that I may have landed a new job (local to my home) so I can stop traveling 5 days per week (with only Fri,Sat and Sun morning spent at home). Now that I'll be home during the week, I can get back to cooking and exercising on a regular basis.

I will have a small "stash" of BMD meals to help me if I experience a challenge or two initially. Fingers crossed, but I'm joining the calorie counting/portion control/medium-low carb folks out there. Will still check in periodically to say "Hi". Wishing everyone Health and Success

Pluto

kifli
06-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Pluto - Haven't been on the thread in a long while. Just read your post, so you probably won't get this message, but just wanted to congratulate you on your new job. I hope it is working out okay for you.

my2cats
06-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Seems this thread is a bit dead but just thought I would post in to say Hi!

I've been on BistroMD about 3 weeks now and so far it's going well. I used them for about 6 weeks last year but didn't customize my plans and got so tired of spinach I could barely stomach it, as well as those little breakfast sandwiches that I hated.

This time around I've been very forward about letting them know which specific meals I do NOT want, and they've been great about taking them out (with a couple minor hiccups).

No more nasty breakfast sandwiches, no more omelets, no more chopped spinach, no more pureed broccoli (gag). There are still some things I'm "less" crazy about (the smell of quinoa out of the microwave makes me feel vaguely ill), but I just keep adding 1-2 meals a week to the list I don't like, and it's already much better. I suspect I'll be with it for the long haul this time. Even with my limiting the selection I've only had a few repeats of meals in 3 weeks (!). (Not counting the berry crepes which I get twice a week and adore.)

So maybe it was only me who had this issue, but don't be afraid to tell them what you do and don't want! Since I started updating the online preferences in my account every week I'm getting more berry crepes (which I mentioned I like a lot), and more pork/beef/seafood (I really get tired of turkey pretty fast, and chicken is just a little better).

My only complaint about BMD is often the food seems somewhat bland. I suspect this is because they are making it for a broad range of palates and don't want to offend anyone, but I love spicy/rich foods, curries, hot peppers, etc. I've started liberally dosing certain meals with hot sauce and other very low or "0 calorie" condiments, and that's also helped quite a bit.

Anyway just my experience; the cost stings a bit but if I'm honest with myself I was spending just as much eating out 2 meals a day before I started...

Not gonna lie.. I'm planning a bit of a cheat night for "My Night" tonight. I have been dying for some baked brie with raspberry chipotle sauce for days, so I'm going to have about ~600 calories for breakfast/lunch and then probably 1000(!) for dinner. But overall 1600 one day a week isn't going to throw me off longterm, and it'll keep me from going crazy dreaming about Brie.

my2cats
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Just thought I'd check in to give this a bump :)

Still on BistroMD, total of.. 5 weeks now? And lost 13 pounds so far.

Still enjoying the food, I'm heating up some stuffed french toast right now for breakfast. :)

seizetheday
07-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi!

I am new to these boards, have lurked for a few weeks, and decided it was time to introduce myself! I am 33, struggled with my weight FOREVER! Thyroid issues, PCOS, insulin resistance, and knee issues hinder me, but I am determined to find a way to get my weight under control.

Started Bistro about 2.5 wks ago and have lost about 8lbs. Started at 209, now at 201 and would like to be around 135. (I need to figure out the weight ticker thing)

I'm having a hard time with some of the food...how much spinach and mushrooms can one person eat! But seeing results is worth it and as I exclude the meals I don't like, I'm hoping it will get easier. There are a few things I really enjoy, like berry crepes and pork tenderloin with apple cider sauce. Sometimes I can't believe I'm spending the money, but I really need some help to get some momentum going, especially since I dislocated(again:() and fractured my patella in Feb.

My2cats-looks like we have about the same goals, you have done great so far!

LBBUGS13
07-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi all,

I am no longer doing the BMD, but I did have really good success, lost over 20 pounds in 3 months, and I have been playing around with a few other plans without much luck. If I could afford the freshology and money wasn't a factor I would be all over it. Started the zone the last Sunday, ordering his products which is a little cheaper than BMD, I have to add, fruit, veggies and meat. Thought I would try that for a month and then work off the zone classic when I get hang of things and in a routine. Good news is I only gained about 4 pounds, and I think I lost two of those in the first day

Lisa

seizetheday
07-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Lisa, that is great success! Is cost the main reason you stopped BMD?
I agree that Freshology looks wonderful but I'm already pushing it with the cost of BMD. Hope the zone really works for you!
I'm going on a short trip this weekend and will have to count calories, so I'm hoping that goes well because I'm so close to my first goal.

My2Cats, if you check this thread again, how is it going?

joyfulloser
07-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Bistro MD is a GREAT frozen meal delivery service. The quality of their food is exceptional and the taste...devine! Sure...I had to allow Bistro MD to RETRAIN my tastebuds (loved salt and sugar). But the only way to allow this, was to eat what they sent me. I actually now love spinach and have it all the time!;) If you research spinach, you will see how its one of the most nutrient dense veggies out there and how it impacts your weight loss.

In all...I am a Bistro MD success story. I used them for 3 months and lost 30 lbs. But what I gained was so much more. By following their plan to the "T" and not resisting in any way (basically, I ate what they sent me like it or not), I allowed myself to learn about proper nutrition and in the process retrained my tastebuds to enjoy "different" types of foods.

I'd say, do it there way at first. Stick to the program. They send you a variety of meals, but if you cancel out meals that have brocolli or squash, etc., your gonna end up missing out on more than you give up. Remember, your paying ALOT of money to lose this weight and get healthy. These meals are designed with that in mind. IF you eat what they send you (barring any allergies), and stick to having your weekly cheat MEAL (not day), YOU WILL lose the weight.

Now anything aside from that...I cannot guarantee. I followed THEIR program...and with the exception of my egg allergy, ate every last bite they sent me...yup, including the gross brocolli soufle!:D 9 months later I'm 62 lbs lighter and at goal weight. Small price to pay for soufle...I think!;)

Chantelle
07-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about taking the plunge and ordering my first week of BMD meals... and was hoping to get some opinions about the snacks? Every other "prepared food" diet plan I've tried has had CRAPPY snacks that are either tasteless or about as appetizing as cardboard. I was considering just doing the 7 meal/no snack plan and adding in small salads inbetween meals instead. I could use some advice as to whether or not this seems feasible, please :) TIA! :)

joyfulloser
07-22-2011, 07:20 AM
I did the 7 day no snack plan. I prefer my own snacks of fresh fruit and nuts.:)

Chantelle
07-22-2011, 01:32 PM
joyfull - thank you! You're so good about answering stuff and helping people out :) Did you stick to any kind of fruit and nuts in particular that worked best for you with the plan?

joyfulloser
07-22-2011, 04:44 PM
joyfull - thank you! You're so good about answering stuff and helping people out :) Did you stick to any kind of fruit and nuts in particular that worked best for you with the plan?

Your welcome!:)

When I first started out, I was detoxing off the sweets, so my daily menu looked exactly like this:

B - Bistro meal
S - 1/2 Atkins Chocolate Peanut butter bar - 120 cals.
L - Bistro Meal
S - Fruit (banana, pineapple, etc.) & 30 oz cashews - 240 - 330 cals.
D - Bistro Meal
S - other 1/2 Atkins Chocolate Peanut butter bar - 120 cals.
Late night snack - small navel orange - 45 cals.

As I gained control over my sweet tooth and started venturing off Bistro into doing my own cooking, I left out the atkins bars and starting baking delishous, nutritious calorie controlled homemade goodies like pumpkin raisin muffins, pumpkin pie, cookies, carrot cake, etc. I use alot of flaxseed in all my baked goods, so I am sure to get my fiber.

But heck...start slowly, and remember...eat your favorite MEAL once per week....and don't feel guilty...it will help you lose weight without stall and will aid you mentally to succeed and readjust your mindset about food in general.

Now that I'm in maintenance...I find it completely easy, cuz I LEARNED what I needed to learn about myself and my relationship with food. This would not be possible if I didn't FOLLOW THEIR PROGRAM and not try to change it into MY PROGRAM. Clearly my program wasn't working (ergo the 60lb gain!:lol:)

All the best.:hug:

seizetheday
07-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the great advice Joyful! I agree that this is helping me change my taste buds as well as my thoughts about healthy portions. In fact I had spinach and mushroom crepes this morning and enjoyed them a lot more than 3 wks ago. This weekend I went out of town and had to count calories and watch portions. I can say that it was already much easier for me to make smart choices and I made it to under 200lbs!
I did decide to only exclude individual meals, I am not saying don't send any spinach, or whatever, but just the meals that I really can't get down. Most of the food has been very good. Everything I have excluded has been replaced by something very similar in nutrients, cal, protein, etc. Customer Service and the dietician have been great too.

I am doing the 7 day meals and snacks. I enjoy having the snacks right now, they are very high in protein and usually low in calories. Seems to help me because I have insulin resistance.

Hoping the best for you Chantelle! I have lost 10lbs in 3 wks and that included getting me past a plateau weight that my body loves so I know this works!

Joyful- How do you handle your free meals? Do you count calories or just watch portions at your free meal?

joyfulloser
07-25-2011, 12:47 PM
For my "free meal", I actually ate what I REALLY wanted (fast food..lol!) I did still count the calories (because I was using BistroMD to transition into calorie counting, so I still needed to know how many calories I was ingesting), but focused on portion sizes. For instance I'd have the following:

1. Jamaican food (curried chix, peas and rice, cabbage). I'd take a giant scoop of each and weigh it. I'd keep the weight around 16oz (a lil more than regular bistro meals. Total calories for meal was about 900 cals.
2. Pizza (DiGiorno 3 meat pizza) - I'd have 3 slices - about 1100 cals.
3. Chinese food - beef brocolli, fried chicken wing - about 800 cals.

On cheat meal days, I'd eat as normal with bistro meals and snacks, but only I'd replace bistro meals with yummy cheat meal.

One thing to note: I have a CRAZY sweet tooth. Therefore, while on BistroMD, I avoided all full sugar sweets. I'd never have a full fat/sugar dessert on my free night. I'd only have the foods mentioned above.

I gradually reintroduced sugars/fats from goodies back into my diet around the 7th month (well into being done with Bistro and on my own calorie counting). Remember...must crawl before you walk. Identify your weakness early on and don't try to do too much all at once. Key is consistency. Eventually...and before you know it...you'll not only be at goal, but you will have conquered sometimes lifelong battles with food.:)

All the best!:hug:

Jen516
07-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree with Joyful -- skip the BMD snacks!! I did the 7-day plan for 8 months and lost about 60lb. I always made my own snacks out of fresh foods because I didn't want to burn out on frozen stuff. SOmetimes a girl craves a little salad, ya know?! :) I made snacks out of string cheese, yougurt, salads, fruit, almonds, hummus, carrots, etc. I tried more carby snacks for a while (like pretzels, crackers, popcorn), but for me they weren't satisfying. They didn't stick with me or fill me up!
I stopped getting shipments the end of April and I've lost another 16lb since then. It's been a period of transition, but I think the stall in loss was due more to mental, emotional, logistical reasons than the food reasons. I've been making and freezing my own meals. Like Joyful, I highly recommend saving all the little black trays! I still have some BMD meals in my freezer... it's nice having some instant variety and sorta comforting to have one of the old meals that I ate so often! :D

joyfulloser
07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Jennnnnnnn!!!!!:hug: I'm so glad your doing this gurl! AND I see the scale at an all time low. Before long you'll be in the wonderful world of ONE-DERLAND!:D Miss reading your posts!;)

Jen516
07-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Hiya Joyful!!!! :D Yep, I stalled out for a bit -- summer is always hard for me because I'm home all day... with nothing but time to fill. Hard not to fall back into old habits. But finally back on track. The last two weeks have been GREAT! And yeah, it's super motivating to be so close to 199. It's also a bit mind-boggling. I was like 18 or 19 the last time I weighed under 200! Thanks for the encouragement! :hug: I know you're still killing it!

PS -- I went and counted my black trays... I think I have like 120! :o I saved as many as I could because I figure they'll start to warp or get unusable... About 50 of those are in the freezer, full of food! :D

seizetheday
07-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Jenn and Joyful, thanks so much for all the words of wisdom. I am going to start saving my little black trays! Thinking hard about what you said, Joyful, about the sweet tooth and not having that kind of stuff during your free meal. Not sure if that would make it harder or easier on me!
Keep going ladies, you are inspiring!

Doodie
07-29-2011, 09:08 AM
I am new here. I signed up with BistroMD yesterday (7/28), and am looking forward to it. The plan I will be using is the 5 day no snack plan. I would like to use the 2 free days to try balancing small portions on my own. At this time of the year, I love the really fresh fruits & veggies. Plus my mother makes a killer salad dressing (a vinaigrette-type). I tried Diet To Go for about 6 months and cancelled when I went on vacation for a week. Plus I just couldn't take the food after a while. I used their low-sodium low-fat 1200 calorie plan which had no red meatn, and I did lose 39 lbs. Then I tried NutriSystem and didn't care for that.

Anyway, am looking forward to getting started on BMD.

Julie (Doodie)

Jen516
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Hope you have a great first week julie! :welcome:

seizetheday
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi Julie!
Hope you have a great first week, let us know how it goes.
Congrats on your previous success. I'm down a couple more pounds which is really amazing to me.:D My body must REALLY like this way of eating...real food, minimally processed, balanced protien/carbs, low calorie, etc.

For those of you who have successfully weaned off of Bistro, have you found some great recipes? Please share if you have!
Off to enjoy "My Night Meal";)

Jen516
07-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey seizetheday! I'm glad you're finding success on BMD! I slowly weaned off the BMD. I remember being sorta panicky at like month 2, thinking, this is working now, but I can't eat this food forever! What happens then? Someone on the 3FC pointed out that you can skip deliveries! So, I sort of weaned myself off slowly! Many of the meals I've made recently are on my blog. Here's a link to just the recipe section: http://boxweek.blogspot.com/search/label/recipe

my2cats
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey guys! I'm still on BMD, going well. I haven't been "perfect" (I went out for some serious drinking earlier this week with some coworkers, and I'm sure my calories were way over...) but still losing the weight about the rate I expected. I have 1 pound left before my next minigoal. :)

As for eating everything they send you to "retrain" your taste buds - I tried that approach the first time around. I lasted about 6 weeks before I literally would rather not eat than try to force down any more spinach. So I would end up eating only 500 cals a day and it just got ridiculous. Even the smell of certain dishes would make me feel sick at the thought. So I think this only works for some people...

This time around I'm being very clear about the things I hate (spinach) and it's going much, much better. I am still enjoying and looking forward to the food, and losing weight.

Oh and I will admit - I discovered "Frank's Cayenne Pepper Sauce" a few weeks ago.. and it makes everything taste like hotwings with minimal calories. I enjoy it on some of the meals that I find a little blander. :)

edited to add - I do sometimes have Atkins bars or shakes around for dessert. The shakes don't seem to derail me, but I cannot do the peanut butter cups. They were.. amazingly good. I literally ate the entire box in 2 days (10 cups, 5 packages - 800 calories). The main problem was I spent a good portion of those 2 days in the bathroom due to the maltitol, but also that I just had incredible cravings and ended up eating way more besides that too. I would end up eating 4 BMD meals in a day because I just kept feeling like I was starving. It was overall a very weird experience as I usually don't have just insane irresistible cravings. Anyway, no more Atkins peanut butter cups for me. The shakes however are a nice, cold treat sometimes.

Edited to add - I mistyped and said I spent 5 days in the bathroom.. It was only 2! :lol: It was bad but not that bad!

seizetheday
07-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey Everybody,

So I had my free meal at Chili's and literally felt ill afterward. :barf: I shared a triple appetizer and a molten lava cake with my husband. I think I may try to have a more BMD type meal on those nights and have a small desert, which is really what I enjoy. Thankfully I didn't have a hard time getting back on plan today. Which is why I am loving BMD it's helping me get through all the little hiccups in trying to lose weight that are inevitable but would derail me a lot of the time. It's helping me get some momentum going!

Jen, thank you so much for sharing your recipes! :hug: They look fantastic and I love all the pictures. I think I had stumbled on your website when I was researching BMD a few months ago. Never saw the recipe section though and didn't know it was your site!

Glad to see you back on this thread, My2cats. That is crazy about the PB cups, best to stay away from them! You are so close to your next goal, I'm glad BMD is still working for you! It's great to know you can customize that much and the program still works. This was the first week I didn't have to make any changes.

Have a great weekend!

Jen516
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm glad to hear you found my blog while researching BMD, since that's initally why I started it! When I was reaserching myself, I couldn't really find any independent reviews of the service, or any real-life pics of the food. I'm glad you stumbled on it -- hope it was helpful in making the decision to BMD! :D And thanks for the nice comments on my recipes. I will continue to post as I find and like new ones!

Doodie
08-03-2011, 04:30 PM
I will be receiving my first BistroMD order tomorrow (8/4/11). I am using their 5 day plan -- no snacks -- to get back on track with losing weight. Will see how it goes; I need to keep losing the weight, and keep me & my doctor happy.

seizetheday
08-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Julie!
Hope this is a fantastic week for you, I always look forward to getting my shipment, I'm on my 5th week and have only had a few repeats for lunches and dinners. Snacks and breakfast seem to have a little less variety. I don't feel like I've lost much this week.:?: Trying to resist the temptation to weigh everyday! Has anyone had weeks on BMD where they did not lose or (gasp) gained?
I'll check back in the end of the week to let you guys know how it goes.

Because I'm getting the full 7day/snacks, I know my calories are always between 1100 and 1400. For all of you doing the other plans(which seems to be everybody:p) what calories are you shooting for?

Also, who is trying to add in some exercise? I'm alternating biking and elliptical at least 5 days a week along with a little friendly boxing with hubby a couple times a week. I REALLY need to get back into lifting some weights for my knee and upper body.

Jen, your blog did help me in deciding about BMD, so keep it up, it's doing what you hoped!

My2cats, so glad it was only 2 days and not 5!:lol: Can't wait to hear that you have made your next goal!

Doodie
08-03-2011, 08:25 PM
Jen516, I have enjoyed reading the beginnings of your BMD blog. Can their food be nuked in the microwave?

I am fortunate that I have a great support system with my family. Last December after having routine bloodwork & u/a, my doctor told me "Lose weight or else" -- the "or else" being that if the numbers weren't starting to come down after 3 months, she was going to put me on medication for diabetes. Well, I look on this as having no choice. I HAVE to lose weight. I'm facing a job lay-off at the end of the year and I can't afford to be using more medication (I'm currently taking medication for high blood pressure). I think I've mentioned previously here that I used Diet To Go, which worked for the time I used it. I lost 39 lbs. but I know I've gained some back.

I'm using the 2 free days to try on my own and incorporate more fresh fruits & vegetables, more exercise, and better eating habits.

Jen516
08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Seizetheday: I try to average 1500-1600 over the week. SOme are higher, some are lower. I try to cycle around. I found that the weeks I dropped to 1100-1200 I didn't lose anything. And I experimented with that 4-5 times and my loss always stalled. But everyone is different!!

Julie: The food most definitely is microwaveable... I don't remember EVER doing anything else! A huge bonus in my book. Microwaving isn't always the best cooking technique -- it can screw with the texture of the food -- but seriously, not a huge concern when I'm trying to lose pounds. It was a medication scare that set me off too. My blood pressure was so high that my OBGYN wouldn't let me leave the hospital without meeting with a general pract. They put me on a "water pill" immediately to help bring it down. I felt horrible about it. After 6 months, and 50lb, I had my blood work redone at the end of January. Everything was down to where it should be -- BP, cholesterol, triglycerides, etc etc etc. I went off the BP meds and have been fine since. I guess my point is... it will work!! Keep it up and get healthy! :D

Doodie
08-05-2011, 10:05 AM
My first 5 days' worth of meals arrived yesterday (8/4/11) -- they look quite good, even though they're frozen. I am planning that Saturday & Sunday will be my off days; I like to cook and the weekends are probably the better days to be getting together with my family. Looking forward to getting back on track and losing weight.

seizetheday
08-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Well, I didn't lose much this week, but I did lose one pound! That's one pound in the right direction. Hoping and trying for a bit more this week, but I'm still averaging over 2 lbs a week, which is amazing for me! I am also noticing a huge energy level change, especially in the late afternoon.

Glad to hear of your health "wins", Jen and I know you will get there too sticking with this plan, Doodie! I'm sorry to hear of a possible job loss.:( I need to do this for my health as well, I've got insulin resistance which I know was headed to diabetes(runs rampant in my family), I would love to have another child but have been scared to even try to get pregnant because I have had pre-eclampsia with the last two. Which you really can't prevent, even thin women get it, but I know it would help pregnancy in general! I also have got to do this for my knees, to take some pressure off. I know losing weight will not fix all my problems but I know it will help some and that is good enough for me!

my2cats
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
I have to admit, I am horrible about cooking for myself so since I'd either be eating frozen or fast food anyway, BMD seemed like a great alternative. ;) And the food is a lot tastier than 90% of the Lean Cuisines I have tried. Typically there were 3-4 LC's I would like and get repeatedly (tortilla fish anyone?).

I've continued to "off-road" a bit - and am down to 206/207 so it doesn't seem to be hurting much. I find it's easier if I give into my "ok" cravings. Eg a salad from Chick Fil A, a sandwich from JJ's (#1, no mayo). Honestly I'm never going to get away from fast food or eating out completely with my job and time commitments, so just learning how to incorporate that has been nice. I literally went to a bunch of fast food web sites and wrote notes in my iPhone about the low-calorie options so if I'm stuck and need to grab a bite I know which 2 things I can order at Taco Bell and be ok. Doesn't mean I do it all the time (it's been a month? or two? since I went to Taco Bell), but it's very handy to have that always with me.

I typically aim for 1200-1600 calories a day. Tend to trend more to 1300ish, but I'm not going to starve myself. If it's 11pm, I'm going to be up a few more hours working, and I'm hungry - I'll just eat another BMD meal if I don't have an appropriate snack. I think the key for me this time has been not feeling deprived. Once I start focusing on being hungry, then I start focusing on different foods I would love (often not healthy), and after very long of that my willpower starts to cave just because I'm starving.

Edited to add - I did have to start the "no impulse orders at drive-thru" rule for myself though. :lol: I had a baaad habit of getting to the ordering speaker and suddenly deciding "y'know, what the heck, I'll get X too". So I now have a rule that I can only order things I intended to purchase when entering the parking lot. This does not include "no-calorie" things, so if I decide I want a Diet Coke at the last minute, that is acceptable. ;)

FattyFatFat
08-09-2011, 08:54 PM
I have to admit, I am horrible about cooking for myself so since I'd either be eating frozen or fast food anyway, BMD seemed like a great alternative. ;) And the food is a lot tastier than 90% of the Lean Cuisines I have tried. Typically there were 3-4 LC's I would like and get repeatedly (tortilla fish anyone?).

That alone was enough for me to start with a plan in itself. It's not that I can't cook, I just really don't have the time. I know it seems expensive overall, but the amount of time it saves me directly is a huge help in allowing me to continue with other daily activities.

travkitty
09-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I should get my first Bistro MD order delivered tomorrow. I ordered the 5 day, no snack option. I've been wanting to drop my last 30 (out of 130) pounds for years. When I was 24, the 100 pounds were easy to drop (well, not easy, but easier than now). Now that I'm 37, my metabolism is obviously slowing, & I need extra help. I've had really inconsistent sleep & work schedules for the last year, & now that I'm starting a new job next month (& 11 days off to finish this month) I think this is a great time to finally lose the last 30. I've been darn good at maintaining the original 100 for 10 years.

I also hate to cook. So, prepared anything is best for me. Wish me luck!

Annie

my2cats
09-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Welcome Annie! And good luck! :)

I haven't ordered in a couple weeks - I'm still on track with my meal plan but I've been traveling a bit for work on and off and was getting tired of some of the options (they started including spinach again even though I told them not to.. blah).

So I'm living off a few dinners I have left as well as some Lean Cuisine's I picked up - the LCs have actually improved quite a bit, I'm having a love affair with their pizzas with sriracha sauce on top. :lol:

I do miss the BMD breakfasts though, mm, the crepes were so good.

bpuddin
10-10-2011, 08:37 PM
...and it's making getting back on the wagon more than doable. Sure for the past few days I'm wanting to chew the legs off the table but I'm sticking to plan.

My first weigh in was 2.6 pounds down. Not phenominal but unless I avoid all carbs I don't see a big loss. Yes, I know 2.6#s is big healthy loss but going from eating chips and the like to portion controlled, healthy meals I would have expected a bigger loss for the first week. Maybe it's cycle related - crossing my fingers. We'll see.

Anyway, I REALLY like the meals and the convenience. I like not having to worry "what will I eat; what should I eat." I tend to be a bit over allocated and I've let caring for me fall by the way side.

I'm feeling much more hopeful about sticking with this than NS. I did NS and was gung ho until I just couldn't stand shelf-stable food any more. I also tried WW but that is too open-ended for me when I need to make a healthy change - it would be great maintainence program.

Anyway, I'm new here, just thought I'd pop in, give you way too much information and say "Hi".

Have an awesome week!

angryyew
11-02-2011, 03:59 PM
I've only been on the plan a couple days, but just wanted to drop in my two cents for those considering and ask a question.

I ordered the plan without snacks because they seemed similar to the "faux foods" snacks on the last meal delivery plan I tried and I wasn't a fan of them. My question is, for those who don't get the bistro snacks, what do you eat for snacks? I currently have some cheese sticks, nuts and pita chips with hummus.

As for the food...so far I'm really pleased. I am a very picky eater and one reason I wanted to try meal delivery is that about the only store bought "healthy" frozen dinner I'll eat are the lean cuisine pizzas and I hate cooking.

I'm not a veggie fan, so I kinda just tolerate the veg sides, though they have been pretty good as far as veg goes and I need to try and eat veggies so I try and eat them.

The Spinach and Mushroom crepe I really liked. The Spinach and Ricotta, I did not....kind of bitter. I wasn't crazy about the turkey chili. It wasn't bad just not my favorite...once again kinda bitter. I think it was the peppers in it.

I loved the cheese ravioli and the california style wrap to the point that I could see myself paying money in a restaurant for those items. There was some kind of polenta with the chili that was excellent as well.

Overall the texture of the food is far superior to other frozen food I've tried. Even the the tortilla on the wrap held up well. The fruit isn't mushy and the veg isn't overly watery.

I was pretty hungry the first day. But I'm doing better today.

I have a lot of weight to lose - 200+ lbs so I've been adding a bit extra on snacks as I think the calories might be a bit low for my weight. If anyone else who's very heavy has experience with that I'd appreciate the advise. I've done well on 1500-1600 cals in the past so I try and stay in that general range.

kari1980
11-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Mmm, the food is amazing. I switch delivery meals now and then but I think I will go back to Bistro soon. My favorite was the cheese ravioli. http://image4upload.info/images/10

tyeshabooker1
11-25-2011, 05:45 PM
hello hello im Tyesha and i very excited to join and to have people i can talk and to get advice from i just order my meals im waiting on them to come...any advice anything i should know.. im currently 219 and my jgoal is 160

FattyFatFat
12-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Might as well do these as Bistro Buddies December 2011, BB-Jan-2012, etc.

douwd20
01-09-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm on Day One and wondering if it will be enough. I'm feeling rather strong hunger pangs :hungry: