Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.5 /198.5 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Default I ate off my plan today and feel like !!!!

So I started my journey, this time, on 3/2/11. I have done good about not going off my plan. My plan is just watching calories and trying to get the right amounts of everything. So today I ate 320 calories of crap all at the same sitting! I don't even like sweets really but there were left over choc wafer bars from when people were over and I just sat and ate 8 of them! 320 calories!! That leaves me about 430 calories for dinner and snack. I know I can stay at that BUT I am feeling like a big fat pig now because I ate that garbage and wasted so many calories!

It may sound stupid to others but I really feel like I just undid all the hard work I have put in for the last month. Worse thing is I want to go back and eat the other 8 bars left! Did I mention I don't really like sweats?! How does this make sense? I feel like my head is playing major games with me. I mean I can look at others and know that slip did not undo all they had done but I can't feel it for myself right now.

I feel like an alcoholic that just relapsed and is afraid to get rid of the rest of the booze cause they might need it! I'm afraid to throw the bars away cause I might need them another time! Who NEEDS dessert?!! What kind of twisted thinking is that?!

I could go on and on but I won't. I'm just feeling like such a failure today and don't even want to know what my eating that candy type crap will do to my scale on Friday.

I just needed to vent I guess.
Joszac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm betting that eating those 320 calories worth of cookies won't do a darn thing on the scale on Friday, especially if you pick yourself up and get back on plan right now. You slipped, you didn't use your calorie budget wisely today (although you said you will still be within budget), but that's ok. Sometimes we have days like that. The key is not to let 320 calories become 640 and then 1280 and then... you get the idea. Just keep on keeping on and look at it as a minor slip (which it was.)
It's a little like buying something you didn't budget for. You stay within your budget for the rest of the week, adjusting as you need to for the slip. You don't go out and spend the rest of the money in your bank account on frivolous crap because you made a mistake with one purchase.

You're ok, don't sweat it!!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Oh yeah, and throw the rest of those cookies in the trash. There isn't a thing in the world you will need 8 chocolate wafer cookies for... I promise.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #4  
~Kim~

In the past eating 8 chocolate wafers would have been the beginning of the end for me. I had that mentality of, "Well I blew it, I might as well enjoy the rest of the day and start again tomorrow." And then the tomorrow would turn into the next Monday, then the beginning of the next month....

I've had to learn that eating something I didn't completely plan on isn't the end of the world. I'm not going to gain back all the weight because of a little extra chocolate, especially if it doesn't even send me over my calories. It's hard I know, but you didn't undo anything. Just get rid of what's left if you don't think you can handle having them around and get right back on the horse. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 04-05-2011 at 07:38 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #5  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Its easy to do so first don't beat yourself up. The fact that you came here and wrote about shows accountability and your body is telling you nu uh no way you're not doing this to me. What is good is that you didn't just go ah screw it and eat crap for the rest of the day (like I was tempted to the last time I had a bad off plan binge)
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198.5 /198.5 / 140

Height: 5'2"

Thank you all for the support. I don't know why I ate that but I did finally go throw the rest in the outside garbage. I had to do it when I had a good moment and good thing I did cause it wasn't long before I was kicking myself for throwing them out, lol. I'm not so bad that I'll dig them out of garbage thank god.

I don't have any other garbage food in the house now so I can't give in to the feelings of wanting it. Next time people come over I will remember to send their dessert type foods home with them. I certainly cannot have them around at this point.
Joszac is offline   Reply With Quote