General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Anyone watching Extreme Couponing on the 6th?

I did watch the one in Dec. I couldn't believe how much these people depend on couponing. I have no problem with using coupons but I just can't see buying 100 candy bars just because you have a coupon that makes it free. It seems like an addiction but I have to say that I did learn some things.

One guy in the Dec. show donated a lot of cereal to his church's food pantry. I can see getting that in a huge quantity.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I have it set to record!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #3  
Go For Your Dreams!

S/C/G: HW340/340/160

Height: 5'6

Oh yes I definitely am I started doing the whole coupon thing when I got laid off & needed to save every single penny. I started finding great websites & getting the Sundays paper. I usually save $10-$15 when I clip coupons and now I do NOT go shopping w/o checking for coupons. They really make a difference. I saw a preview of this show last week & am very excited to start watching Hopefully they offer some good tips or websites! Can't wait!
CandyCoatedSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Yep! I'm watching. I can.not believe people spend 6-8 hours a day couponing (the folks on the 1 hour special supposedly did, anyway).
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

What channel and when? I have started the dreaded couponing again....the fun of the hunt!
sz12wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #6  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sz12wannabe View Post
What channel and when? I have started the dreaded couponing again....the fun of the hunt!
TLC Here's a link.

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/pr...eme-couponing/
Old 04-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #7  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I saw the ones in December and my
mouth literally dropped. It's a
pretty cool show and I'll be sure
to watch the one(s) on the 6th.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #8  
sugar is the devil

I totally watched the episode in December - me and my boyfriend were in awe. He thinks it's totally a brilliant idea to become a couponer but I don't think I have the time or patience for it! The majority of those people on that show make couponing their full-time job... !

So, yup - I will be tuning in on the 6th
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

I'll be watching this show- with a little bit of envy that apparently someone out there can get over $600 worth of groceries for just over $6. I wish I had coupons that could save me money like that.
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #10  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I'm going to watch! I haven't seen it before, but the idea is really fascinating to me!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:53 PM   #11  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

What on earth are they going to do with all that salad dressing and cereal and other foods that have expiration dates? I mean the dude that had enough deodorant to last 150 years is that even necessary? I mean I get that you want to buy those things but it can only last so long.

I dutifully use coupons each week, I cut out everything I'll buy and keep it for use- I have a mini accordian organizer I use for coupons, and it's great to save what I am, but I think what they are doing is a bit too much. Unless you are buying for large groups seriously what are you going to do with all that?! lol. I don't fault them for it I just don't see it being beneficial for me beyond the couponing I do. I am not dumpster diving for more coupon books either!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #12  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
What on earth are they going to do with all that salad dressing and cereal and other foods that have expiration dates? I mean the dude that had enough deodorant to last 150 years is that even necessary? I mean I get that you want to buy those things but it can only last so long.
My feelings exactly. These people have rooms and garages lined with shelves for their stuff. I did like the guy who donated to the food pantry at church.

But I'm watching it anyway.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I'd love to be able to clip more coupons,but there are certain brands we use for certain reasons,and so if there isn't a coupon for it and I need it,I have to buy it (mostly things like laundry detergent,soap,and deoderant type items that my husband is sensitive to).Not only that,but I noticed one woman....most of her items were all processed junk foods.While my kids would be in pop-tart and pop heaven,I normally skip those aisles in the first place.

Tell me where I can find coupons for meat,fresh veggies and fruits and I will gladly coupon for days
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoritsa View Post
Tell me where I can find coupons for meat,fresh veggies and fruits and I will gladly coupon for days
That's exactly the problem for me. Most of my shopping cart is full of perishable goods from the periphery of the store, and I rarely come across coupons for fresh fish or meat, vegetables or fruit. For that, I've got to watch the fliers vigilantly for "in-store specials."

But I do look carefully for coupons for Fleischmann's yeast; Almond Breeze; paper towels, toilet paper, tissues; zip-lock bags; tampons; vitamins; yogurt, & suchlike. But they would have to be things I'd use, and soon, too. I live in a New York-size apartment, and around here, we just don't have the storage & the second freezers & etc. of your typical American suburban house.

Last edited by saef; 04-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #15  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I love the principle, but it's not feasible for me. There is no store around here that doubles coupons or gives the $10 off of a $50 purchase. Sometimes even with a coupon, I find the store brand is cheaper than the name brand.

However, right now, with my club card from a small local store, I can get ketchup for free. We use that, so I need to pick up several bottles.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote