Mini-Goals - mini-goal!

View Full Version : mini-goal!

ilidawn
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
This may not be much but I feel pretty happy about it.

I generally grab what's easy for my breakfast/lunch before work but today I made something. It may not be the best but the alternative was a piece of stuffed crust pizza leftover! sooo tempting lol but I took some leftover rice and mixed it with a piece of tilapia, sweet peas, tomatoes and chillis and seasoned it with garlic and ginger powder, fresh lime juice, pepper and the only oil was a short burst of butter flavored pan coat (all I have at the moment) and a few drops of sesame oil. Like I said, probably not the healthiest meal but I'm so proud of myself for not eating that pizza that was screaming my name.

Hopefully this is the first of many healthier choices!

niafabo
04-04-2011, 05:33 PM
sounds yummy. good work!

ilidawn
04-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Thanks! I had to stare at my kitchen for a while though lol I'm reprogramming my brain that I don't need to use so much oil, fats, and sugary stuff (like sauces) to have good food.

ilidawn
04-04-2011, 05:51 PM
huh...I just found a way to not finish all my food. My cats just stole it from me rofl

niafabo
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
lol! my niece always wants to eat some of mine. i'm like i measured this out perfectly to calculate my calories :( *gives her a big bite*

ilidawn
04-04-2011, 09:18 PM
*big bite* bye bye my calories lol it's funny and frustrating at the same time I bet.

I'm wondering what's the best way to count all my calories. Some things don't come with nutritional labels so what do I do? I've found a few things online (like the cals in eggs) but it does sound daunting.

niafabo
04-04-2011, 09:28 PM
there are lots of great calorie counting sites out there like sparkpeople.com, caloriecount.about.com, or livingstrong.com which have pretty complete food databases. all you have to do is type in what your eating and it will find the calorie count for you caloriecount.about.com even lets you put in a recipe and it will give you the calorie count for it. :)

Dorian5
04-04-2011, 09:31 PM
I love tilapia, that sounds excellent! I also fork over bites to my pit bull, who has the saddest face in the world if you don't share! *eye roll*

ilidawn
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the sites! lol yeah pets work that sad face so well :p