Simply Filling/Core - weekly chat April 4-10th

View Full Version : weekly chat April 4-10th

jojo23
04-04-2011, 02:40 AM
A new week. Don't they go by so quickly?

What do you mean Sandra hard to be humble? If I was as good at shooting as you, I'd have it tattooed on my forehead!

Tejas
04-04-2011, 03:34 AM
It's 2:30AM here, and I'm wide awake! I guess I should not have taken that nap from 6-7PM??? :dunno:

Vickie
04-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I thought I'd stop in and say hello while having my morning cup of decaf before my day gets crazy. I hope to have a loss today at JC and then again later at my WW meeting. In between, is some hair pampering.

It's gray and warmish here. A typical Chicago Spring day. The grass, however, IS turning green.

Light and love to all of you. Nancy, I'm thinking of you.

ems81wales
04-04-2011, 09:33 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Afternoon ladies hope your all well?

Well done on the losses girls your doing fab

If you didnt loose this week do not worryabout it to much just keep at it an dyou will see a loss on the scales next week

Thanks for all your kind words and support you have all helped me alot over the past 3 months. Thank you xxxx

nancy237
04-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Its nice to have a beautiful day here. It helps. Our daughter is still here from Ca til Wednesday, so we are going to have lunch with my grandson at school. Then we are going to look at hard guitar cases so she can take her dad's guitar back to Ca with her. I am going to wait to decide on any of his stuff except this guitar was her granddads & then dads & she plays it alot & I think it will help her to go home with it.

pam920
04-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Hello chicks. I've been on the phone since I woke up this morning. I haven't even had breakfast and it's already 12:30 pm. Need to make a grocery run and get some fruit.

Vickie, I see a good loss this week for you.

Nancy, we have some things promised to the grandkids and my daughters when we pass. They know, so there will be no bickering later. Glad your daughter is there with you.

Need to get something to eat. bbl

Vickie
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
FINALLY some virgin ounces! I lost 1.6 today and my tracker is finally correct again. Now to get to that next 15 pound goal. I just ate lunch and I'm still hungry. I'm leaving Jim and Brodie home and going for my hair appointment. I'm going to have an iced coffee....1 little cream...no sugar for my treat.

I still have my WW weigh in tonight.

Tejas
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
From Sandra who can't get online right now

Rhonda and Vickie, thank you. I have been reluctant to talk much about archery. In the big scheme of things, it's something minor even though to Curtis and me, it's a pretty big deal.

I had struggled with my shooting for at least 3 years. When I'd come on here and say "I won" then complain about my shooting, I was being frank. I wasn't happy with my performances. This season, however, I have been scoring
much much better. I even shot my personal best with my recurve for indoor competition at Louisville. That's a huge accomplishment as the mental game goes into high gear at Nationals, and lots of folks shoot much lower scores there.

I told Curtis I thought my giving up caffeine over a month ago helped me settle my nerves. He told me he thought my giving up sugar was a huge factor. I wasn't shakey at all. And my self image was higher than normal. I have been "hanging around" the 180's for months now instead of around 200 as I had for a long long time.

I have been focusing on the emotional and spiritual aspect of weightloss more than on the physical That's giving me a peace of mind--a contentment. I don't weigh often at all usually once a month or two. I am watching what I eat. My main focus is just on trying to eat like a "normal" person with no bingeing. Old mind habits do pop up and I do think "diet" every now and then, but I am more content and have accepted my body more. Guess what I'm saying is I'm more at peace with myself. I think that being at peace is what's made my self image improve. I do occasionally have what I'd call "little indulgences" but not too often.

When I received my trophy, I wasn't embarassed about how I looked. Like I have been. . I still have more to do on my mind/body overhaul, but I'm in a better place now--and my shooting's also better.

Photos were made at the awards ceremony. I'll try to post them.

Paula, the crockpot spaghetti was something extremely simple I made to take to
the mission. Several women from our church made it and we were to combine it.
All I did was brown burger then add that to bottled sauce. I cooked spaghetti
then after draining it, I added it to the meat sauce in a crockpot then kept it
hot till we were ready to serve.

We're taking spaghetti again next month.

Ems, seems like we've known you longer than 3 months. We have pledged to serve once a month for the remainder of the year. We all come home afterwards feeling pretty good. It's very uplifting to help these folks. They are all gracious and most appreciative. They're giving us a lot in return.

Vickie, good success with wi. I am very proud of you.

Nancy, that's so sweet of you to let your daughter have the guitar. I know she'll cherish it.

I am subbing today at a junior high. Guess what. As I type this (8:45 am), I
have not had any classes due to some testing that's going on here on campus, and
I won't have any classes till 1:10 pm. Wish I could do direct posting here now,
but access is blocked. Guess I'm lucky to be able to get on here and read. I'm
typing this post and e'ing it to myself so I can post it later.

beach bum
04-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Nothing new, its raining out,so I decided not to go out to buy new clock hands for my cuckoo clock that Leo gave to me for my 65th birthday. My friend Mary is going to go out with me on Thursday instead, and from there we can go out to eat.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,the sure do,before we know it it will summer,and we have to get our short sets out,and the AC in.

RHONDA- You're lucky your can nap. I Can't when I'm having problems sleeping,I have to go out to the living room and watch TV for a 1hr and than its back to sleep for me.
RHONDA Thanks for sharing Sandra post with us.She certainly an incredible person and I really admire she for all she does.

VICKIE-Good Luck at the JC and WW scale.Hope you had a loss.YIPPEE!! for your 1.6 loss now crossing my fingers for your WW scale.

NANCY-Glad that your DD is with you until Wednesday and that was a great gesture to give away her dads guitar to her. I gave my DD her dad's Rebel camera.as she's a great photographer,and he planned to give to it her anyway.

EMS-Thanks for your supporting words. I maintained this week but I'm on a quest to find out how many calories & carbs that I need to burn to lose. Its so hard to figure out,especially when you get older.

PAM-I guess you had a nice phone visit,I had one this morning with my friend Mary,by the time I go off my tea was ice cold.

Have a great day

blessedwithsarah
04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Sandra - I think you have a very healthy outlook on weight, body image and lifestyle change. I'm sort of with you on this -- I'm eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting less obsessed with a number on the scale. I'm now using my clothes as a guide to how I'm doing. I've been wearing size 12's now for a few years. When they get tight I know its time to change things around and drop the pds I've gained. I have not goals to get into a 10-- I'm 5' 9 and I love being in 12's - I think I look good. At my highest I probably was in an 18 although I never would buy anything that was bigger than a 16. Just had a lot of skirts with elastic waists. 12 fitted pants are a world away from where I was. Congrats on doing well with your shooting. I think any athlete is critical of their performance and strive to do better - good for you !!

Nancy, glad to see you here. I hope you are doing well. I'm sure your daughter will be happy taking Robin's guitar home. It will give her something close to him. It took my mom a while to go through my Dad's stuff after he passed -- he was a sentimental guy. I know have a bunch of report cards and art projects I did back in elementary school. It was a nice surprise to know he saved them.

Vickie, congrats on the loss!!! Its good to get rid of the virgin weight. Keep it up!

Not much going on here -- Its cloudy and raining. Which I was very unaware of when I left for work this morning. I have no umbrella and wore an leather jacket. From work I have to pick up dd at gymnastics, so a bunch of running in and out before I make it home. I just need to hope for a break in the weather shortly.

BBL

amylou
04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm new but figure the best way to do so is just to jump in.

Started WW today - weighed in at 193.8. Never.again. I've been fighting from 206 for two years! Something needs to give so I'm hping the structure of ww will help.

B: none
L: turkey burger, slice of cheese, lays stax
D: Broiled fish, sweet potato, broccoli
Sn: banana, strawberries, chocolate mint jello temptation
Treat: Fudgesicle

I didn't eat breakfast because I had to go to the store first while my mom kept my kids. I'm stocked for the week now so I'm planning on limiting myself to one "treat" item a day if that. I was within my points though (I'm doing the old program) so I'm good.

I have to remember that this won't happen overnight.

Vickie
04-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm in the middle of errands but wanted to say HELLO!!! I'll catch up tomorrow.

Amy Lou.....WELCOME!!! You just found the nicest corner of the internet. I'm doing a combination of Jenny Craig and WW Points plus with an emphasis on Core/Simply Filling Foods. I'm a bit of a compulsive! I have 100 pounds to lose yet so we can keep each other company. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself. I'll catch you up tomorrow when I have more time.

Vickie
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm just typing a note on this thread to bump it back up so folks aren't tempted to post on last week's thread!

Love to you all.

Tejas
04-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Oh, I think I did post on last week's because I was wondering where the post from Amylou went. Oh well. :welcome2: Amylou

Ok, I did a new lower body workout today. (New upper body yesterday) Well, it was TOUGH. I hadn't done much with my hamstrings lately and there was one exercise that I could hardly eek out because the "hammies" were lazy.

I did some reading on exercise websites this weekend and read that some people advocate doing serious cardio early in the morning before breakfast. That strikes me as really STUPID. There are so many fads and so much misinformation.

I have read a number of people say that they don't eat any carbs after 3PM. I can't figure that out either really. Veggies have carbs and they are good for you. Then, others argue that you should eat 5 small meals a day, each one with a distribution of protein, carbs, and fats.

I can see eating more often with smaller meals, to keep the hormones/insulin on a more even keel.

That's enough from me right now...

pam920
04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Hello Amylou and welcome. You will find a great group of ladies here. I do Simply Filling Technique.

Vickie, how did WW go last night?

Rhonda, I'm just too old to figure out all these things we should and should not do. I'll just do what I know and hope for the best. I do try to eat protein with each meal and I love my veggies. I probably don't eat enough whole grains, but not much of a bread eater. I love quinoa and bulgar and do have my steel cut oats each morning, but that's about it. My husband, on the other hand, thinks you need bread with every meal. BTW, he is doing great and is taking this really serious.

Maryann, waving hello. I see you on last weeks thread.

Is Sandra teaching this week? Loved her message yesterday.

Hey to the rest of you chicks.

ontarget
04-05-2011, 07:59 PM
:welcome: Amy Lou! We're so glad to have you joining us.

Paula, thank you for your post. I was wondering if I was going in circles like I sometimes do. Congratulations on being where you want to be. I am happy for you.

Chickies, I just have a second here. Biggest Loser's coming on. I'll see ya'll tomorrow afternoon. I'm subbing on the campus where I have no internet access tomorrow. Ya'll have a good evening.

blessedwithsarah
04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi ladies. Busy day for me - I did get to the gym for a good workout. Then grocery shopping, met a friend for lunch, took DD to the DR, put down grass seed (its a rainy week, so I figure its a good day to do it), dinner then DD to karate. I'm now just sitting down with my feet up. My weight is still the same, I haven't been doing a journal, I need to do that. At least just write down the non SFT foods.

Welcome to the board Amylou! Its a great group. Just jump on into the conversations. I'm doing SFT -- sort of...I've been not tracking much the past few weeks and not doing what I know I need to do.

OH -- NEW RECIPE -- OK, this morning after the gym I took some cooked onions, peppers and mushrooms, put them in a small casserole dish that was sprayed with butter pam. I then added on top some ff feta and a couple of eggs scrambled with a bit of ff milk. Put it in the oven while I jumped into the shower. Sort of a baked omlet. It came out really yummy. I've been cooking up onions, peppers and mushrooms and keeping them in the fridge. I find its an easy way to quickly bulk up a meal -- added it to pasta sauce earlier this weekend. Just needed to share my latest concotion.

Have a good night ladies!

Tejas
04-05-2011, 11:41 PM
sound delicious, Paula! Will give that a try; I want to eat more egg white omelettes and having something handy would help.

Vickie
04-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm having a wonderful day at home today. I got to sleep in late and then talked to my favorite Niece on the phone. I'm just eating a wonderful great simply filling breakfast and catching up with my favorite chicks. My scale is down a bit this morning which made me happy. I really need to try to give up my scale addiction. It seems to be working for Sandra.

Pam, WW said I lost 2.2 on Monday night. I'm using the JC weigh in for my tracker since I go there in the morning. The odd thing is that I weighed less at WW at night than I did at JC in the morning. Weird. BTW, I'm with your Jim. I LOVE bread! It was one of the hardest things for me about the old Core. I'll eat healthy bread if you make me and love it too. I grew up in the 70's. We were SUCH a sandwich generation.

Rhonda, you are definitely our resident exercise expert but I have to agree that serious cardio before breakfast sounds almost dangerous. Of course, I think serious cardio is dangerous anytime!:rofl:

Ems, we are always here! Hope you continue to do well.

Nancy, my friend, it was so good to see you here and posting again. I think it was a wonderful gesture for you to send your Daughter home with Robin's guitar. Since she has to leave her family it will be wonderful for her to be able to take a piece of Daddy with her. Surround yourself with your family and friends. When you need us, we'll be here too.

Sandra, I wish you would post more about your archery since it is what is the most important thing to you, besides your family and Curtis. Our lives are comprised of small things that are important to US, but they comprise who you are as a person. And you are our friend, so it's important to us to. I'm so impressed with your giving up your sugar addiction. I know how hard that was and then to give up caffeine too? Well, that's just darned right impressive. :bravo: What I'm most impressed with though, is the serenity that comes through your post regarding your feelings about yourself, your weight, and your program. I'm obsessive and I know it and that's what working for me right now. I'm in control mode right now, but I'm trying to observe my portions and recognize what is normal for a portion and trying to commit it as my new habit. Periodically, I want more and I have a conversation with myself about it. I'm proud that I'm learning to reason with my inner voice (that one never shuts up either!) when I want more by forcing it to admit that I don't really NEED more food and that I'm no longer hungry. Then I try to figure out why I WANT more food. So far I'm doing well. Sounds like I need a psychiatrist though, doesn't it?!!!! :D:o Keep up the great work Sandra, and DEFINITELY posts those pictures. I want to celebrate your successes with you from every aspect of your life.

Mary Ann, I hope you're having a great pain free day!

Amy Lou, how is day 3 going? I was hungry in the beginning but now I'm ok. I've already found that I can only eat about half of the 49 points or I won't lose, especially if I'm not exercising. When I started I got 35 points a day, but I'm already down to 34. I acted like I'd been shot when it dropped!:^: I try to eat mostly Simply Filling power foods. I used to do the old Core, lost 50 pounds, my best friend died, I gained 60 pounds, went to Jenny Craig to learn portion control and am now doing a combination of some Jenny Craig food, WW food, cooking, and restaurant to start losing again. I lost 50 pounds on JC but had lost my motivation and was getting SICK of the food. So I went back to WW. I always knew I would because I don't want to eat processed food if I can help it. Since back at WW, I've lost 4 pounds. I'm a happy girl. I never left this website or these ladies because they are my rocks and my anchors. We welcome new people too and hope to learn about you and help you with your struggles.

Geez, Paula, I forgot how tall you are! You are our tallest chick, I'm sure. I used to use the old Ziggy cartoon joke that I'm not too fat, I'm just too short. I was 5' 3" at my tallest but I think I just got measure at 5' 2". It's raining alot here too. The prices we pay for Spring!

Sheesh, guess I had a lot to say today. When don't I?:devil:

Sloan, hugs to you. Thanks for letting us know that you are ok. You know we worry when our Chicks disappear!

Time to get busy on my budget.

Vickie
04-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Paula, you are our resident experimental Chef! Thanks for the ideas. I'm a recipe girl.

Tejas
04-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi;

My day got away from me a bit today in terms of eating. DH wanted chicken fried steak at a particular place today, so we went. I controlled myself and ate only half, bringing the other half home. Then, we were invited out to dinner at a Mexican food place. I went and ate salad, with grilled chicken. I ate only 10 chips; yep, counted them.

I hope I made the best of what could have been a ridiculously high calorie day.

I took the day off from exercise, back at it tomorrow.

I hope you're having a good night.

pam920
04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
morning chicks. No loss this week, but no gain, so it's a win in my book. It's beautiful here today, but I think it's suppose to get hot later in the day.

Vickie, 2.2 is pretty amazing. You found your groove. Bread, I can take it or leave it. I think I ate so many sandwiches when I was a kid, just like you. These days I crave veggies and fruits. Weird, I know. I feel like crap if I don't get enough. I guess that's a good thing.

Rhonda, I can not believe you took a days rest from exercising. I wish I had your motivation. Great job on only eating 10 chips. I don't have that self-control when we do Mexican.

Paula, keep the tips coming.

ems, good luck with WI today.

Maryann, hope you are enjoying yourself. Did the rain quit? We've had rain last week and then a couple days this week.

sloanie, thanks for checking in.

Vickie
04-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It's still gray and drizzling here. It's what we get in Chicagoland in April. We are supposed to have some sun later.

Rhonda, it's good you let your body rest. You have to listen to what it's telling you. Unfortunately, mine is ALWAYS saying to rest. Right now I'm nursing my heel spurs. I hope I don't need surgery.

Pam, it's good your happy with a stay the same. Sometimes our bodies rest whether we want them to or not.

I had a weird experience last night. I'd eaten my daily amount of points but was still VERY hungry. I didn't want fruit so I ate a 3 point bag of JC cheese curls. They are quite yummy. We went to bed about an hour later. This morning my scale was up and it had been down the last 2 days. I think I may be becoming an advocate for not eating at least 2 hours before bed. I should have just gone to bed but I'd gone to bed hungry the night before and I was miserable. I guess I'll eat more fruit today.

I'll be back to check in later.

pam920
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Vickie, I'm sure you did not gain weight from eating that 3 pt bag of curls. I weigh every morning and I get a different number every day. It teeters a pound up, a pound down. I've eaten those pop chips before I go to bed and been down a pound. Just depends, I believe, on the sodium you had for the day. My body holds on to it, probably because I'm not a big salt eater. Try to drink more water today to flush it out of your system. Another thing, you should not be hungry all the time. Try to eat more fiber, veggies, etc. Power foods keep you satisfied longer. My body is on a time clock. When it's time to eat, my body lets me know. But, I eat to satisfaction. I'm never still hungry after eating a meal. Try bulking up with veggies with your meals. It might help.

Vickie
04-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Pam. I felt like a failure even though I had the points. I'm behind on water too today. I better get with it.

I'm hungry now.....time for dinner!

ontarget
04-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Vickie, thank you so much for your sweet words. I really appreciate them. I have problems sleeping when I eat late at night. And by late, I mean after 7 pm. Sometimes I do eat fruit after 7 and that doesn't seem to bother me.

JoJo, guess I'm over being humble. There are 2 local papers who are running stories about me. My head's pretty darn big now.

I hope this photo turns out. I had to reduce the size a lot to get 3fc to accept it. This is the NFAA President, Bruce Cull, presenting me with my award in Louisville.

ontarget
04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I see it worked!! Tomorrow I will be subbing on the campus where I have computer access, so I'll see ya'll tomorrow. Have a good evening.

Tejas
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Great picture, Sandra. You look really happy.

I've had a tiring day because I didn't sleep well for reasons I do not know. I worked out at the gym early this morning and went to tap practice, and will do so again tomorrow. I also spent 2 hours in the dentist's chair and almost fell asleep!

But, I went out to the store to have some good food for dinner.

DH told me that he wants to get an exercise bike. That is what we will do. I invited him to the gym, but he declined. I'm guessing the trip to the doctor yesterday has something to do with this. :crossed:

I hope you're all having a good night.

Rhonda

nancy237
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM
I spent the night last night with my cousin, and today & tonight are my first
day & night at home by myself . I did go to dinner at my daughters house.
I have been so busy getting to the bottom of the paperwork pile & straightening that its gone by fast. Now I am tired so I guess my time alone has gone smooth. The past few days were hard because the reality is sinking in ...

I had gotten away from using my sleeping pills but now I an taking 1/2 one
every night. I am going to try tonight without one. It seems like this is going to be terribly lonely.

sloanie
04-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Nancy, I am asking God to give you peace for those times when you feel especially lonely. Trust in Him! We are here for you, too. XOXOXO

blessedwithsarah
04-08-2011, 07:47 AM
HUGS Nancy. Its going to be an adjustment, keep your faith in God. He will see you through and give you the strength you need. The paperwork can be overwhelming - when my dad passed, there was so much to go through, things to file ect. It was too much for my mom. My brother and I did most of the leg work for her. We're here for you.

Sandra, great picture. And congrats again!

Vickie, I"m guessing the sodium did you in. I find any cracker/chip at night causes a gain the next morning.

Well, off to get DD ready for school. BBL

beach bum
04-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I haven't been here since Wed and I haven't read any of your post. Went shopping for some clock hands for my cockcoo clock and than at the end I found them on a web site.My friend Mary than went shopping for Easter stuff for our grand-kids and than out to IHOP for lunch and choir practice so I had a full day.

Today we're going to be the same going to the PB club do some window shopping than out to a late lunch,before heading back to town. Can't believe I will be wearing a spring jacket as the temps are going up the high 50's.

PAULA-We're finally getting Spring weather in our midst.Its going to be in the high 50's hope it doesn't change as I love this kind of weather.

AMYLOU-Welcome to the board,I have been here for a while and love it here. We're all been struggling and you'll find lots of support here.

RHONDA-I never heard of not eating carbs after 3PM but I think they are talking about bread carbs like pasta rice bread cereal etc.WOW!!! I never thought of that maybe will will try this on my new week Sunday.

PAM-I was missing but not since last week I posted at the beginning of this week.Yes we're having beautiful weather finally.

VICKIE-Now that the weather is good my shoulder doesn't hurt,but my hand is still tingling. Going to PT some time next week.

NANCY-:hug::hug: Sending cyber hugs and prayers, the trick is to keep busy and when your ready, speak to your Robin, he and the Lord are watching over you. I speak to Leo all the time,and don't think its nuts as it helps to do so,at least it did for me.Another thing that my might think is crazy is to cry let it out and don't hold it back. It a release and you feel better right after.

Have to go and get ready to meet my friends at the bus stop for the PB Club.

Have a great day

ontarget
04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Good morning. I am in Biology I right now. The students are finishing a quiz. I'm not sure I'll be able to post, but it's looking like it might work.

Rhonda, did I miss your post about Doyle? I'm guessing the doctor put a scare into him. I am glad he's getting the :ebike: Tell him it's not a coatrack or anything like that. Now I'll go remind myself of that, too.

Nancy, I am glad you have family nearby. Take those sleeping pills if you need them.

Maryann, did you get your clock hands?

Paula, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it. Thank you for the recipe ideas.

Tomorrow is PROM here. The kids are excited. I'm impressed that they are focusing on their work. (Life is good!)

Amy Lou, are you here? How are you doing on program?

ontarget
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
:carrot:Yeah!!!! It posted!!!!

Tejas
04-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Nancy, the loneliness can be overwhelming at times. I remember once just falling to the floor and crying out "take this away!" And, that is from someone who is not traditionally religious. It helped! But, there is no other way than to just go through it. There's no other reasonable choice. And, I know you know that.

Sandra, I didn't really write about Doyle. But, he has chronic cardiac issues and has been gaining weight, as you know. So, I guess he's going to try a little harder. I hope so.

I thought you might be interested to know that this time last year, I could not do any more than about 3 single legged squats. Now, I can do squats with good form, while holding a 30 pound weight: 2 sets of 9 are no problem. I couldn't do that one legged, but I can do it.

Tomorrow, I am going to try to sell the jewelry I've made at a popular local crafts fair. I need to get more complicated with my designs and technique, but I hope what I have will sell. I'll let you know.

ontarget
04-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Rhonda, tell Doyle we're here with him working to be healthier versions of ourselves.

Good success selling your jewelry. Let us know how you do. Also, KUDOS on being a much stronger woman in 2011.:bravo:

Tejas
04-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks, Sandra.

I had a great dinner tonight. Grilled trout and vegetables. We went out and I asked that it be cooked with NO salt nor butter, and I got it. I did the same thing the other night when we went out for steak. It was also delivered as I requested. That's good news.

Have a great Saturday; I'll be flogging my wares!

jojo23
04-09-2011, 08:56 AM
I’m sorry I haven’t been around much but the home is having dreadful trouble with my mum. She barricaded herself in her bedroom. How one small frail 91 year old lady, who can only walk with a walking aid, can physically move a dressing table and double wardrobe across a door, is a mystery to me. She was refusing to let anyone in and screaming for me. My husband eventually climbed in through a window and he’s 63! She told him that the staff were lazy,& non-existent, the food was appalling there was no heat and her room was never cleaned. In actuality, we are falling over staff when we visit, the food is cordon bleu and we’ve often eaten there with her. Her room is a large en suite bed sitting room; decorated in delicate spring green and primrose yellow and the home has, for the second year running, been awarded 5 star excellence on annual inspection. She showed him a letter she had had, which told her that the staff were leaving because they hadn’t been paid for months and the home manager was on the run. When he read it, it was the monthly newsletter telling her what was on i.e. trips, entertainment etc. he eventually got her to unbarricade the door and let people in, but her couldn’t get her to dress properly. She had on, 2 dresses and nothing else. She has refused chiropody saying her son in law will cut her nails ( like **** he will… they are like talons!) She’s quiet now, the confusion has abated a bit.
The irony of it is, that she is the one, when she was county homes advisor, who wrote the rule book on how to approach people like she has become. It reduces me to tears thinking of what she was, and what she now is.

All this week has been a nightmare with her so 'jojo the disaster' has been eating badly and will have to start dieting all over again on Monday.

pam920
04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
well, shoot, lost my whole post so I'll make this short.

jojo, my heart aches for you. It's so sad to hear about your mom. The diet will always be there, your mom won't. Some things are just more important.

Nancy, I hope your children are close. Try to take care of yourself and let yourself grieve.

Sandra, I think it's wonderful that your town has recognized your great accomplishment. That pic was so small, I couldn't see it very good.

Rhonda, you are making good choices and glad the restaurant followed your instructions.

Maryann, Spring is here. It's getting pretty hot in Florida, so if you walk, you have to do it early morning. Glad you found the clock hands and hope they are the right ones so you can fix your clock.

I'm leaving in a week for KY, so I need to get things in order here. I hired someone to cut the grass. I've made a list so I won't forget anything. I keep adding to it, as I remember.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

beach bum
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

I had a wonderful time at the PB club with my two friends.The weather was so nice as it was suppose to be in the 60's but the wind came and brought the temps down and wearing a lite jacket wasn't fun waiting for the bus to arrive to take us home.

Right after I finish this post I going down to the beach as get my walking done. My scale # are down also lost 3 lbs but i take that. I now release I have to lower my carbs to 150=gms in order for me to lose.Have no idea if I will be able to keep them that low.even if I follow the WW advice of veggie & fruit are free.

SANDRA-The clock hands will arrive some time on Monday or Tues for sure.and than I will be able to fix my clock.

PAM-Sorry for the hot heat in Fla.Up here we have to deal with the winds that lowers are temps.See above,we couldn't walk because of the winds. Oh I'm be so happy when I can fix my cockcoo clock.

Its getting late and I have to go to the bank before they close,will come back this afternoon and read the rest of your posts.

beach bum
04-09-2011, 04:13 PM
DEAR JOJO:)

I agree with Pam take care of your poor mom,the diet will always be there when you come back.

Take care

ontarget
04-09-2011, 04:47 PM
JoJo, :hug: It breaks my heart to think of your mom being that way. I remember Doyle and my grandmother once calling me from a hospital telling me to come get her that they were holding her captive on the 6th floor. Her prob was the meds she was taking at the time and she got back to thinking more clearly. I am so sorry your mom is going through this. And I am sorry for you, too. Don't fret the diet. Take care of your mom and yourself.

Maryann, we have that wind, too. Curtis and I tried to go out for me to do some shooting at 60 yds today. I could hardly stand still to aim. :lol:

Rhonda, you're making excellent choices. You've mastered your program. I am happy for you. You get A+.

Pam, what part of Kentucky is home to you? We drove across the Western KY Parkway. Saw some beautiful country for sure.

I planted some portulaca today in our little red wagon and also in a planter. Got to spruce up the yard for company Tuesday. :lol: I'm working all but Tuesday next week subbing for both high schools. Should be fun.

Got to go. I need to do something. I just haven't figured out what yet. :lol:

sloanie
04-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey chicks! It's really hot here in Middle Tennessee, and both the upstairs and downstairs AC units are on the fritz. I'm writing this as I sit inside the
bedroom window and await instructions from dh as he works on them. My eating has gone to"H" a handbag. I am already planning for the wedding. It will be Oct 8. That may seem like a while away, but it's pretty soon as far as wedding planning goes. It is so refreshing to be happy while planning a wedding. As you may remember, dd was engaged before, and we were not happy. This time I'm really having fun.

I'm trying to read all of the posts to catch up, but I'm slow. I'll try to speak to each of you tomorrow. GTG help dh. TTFN

ontarget
04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi, Sloan!! It's great seeing you here and seeing you so happy. Get that a/c fixed soon. We don't want you to melt away.

Tejas
04-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Jojo, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That's got to be very difficult, no matter how well you understand it all.

Sloan, good luck with those wedding plans. How exciting for your family.

The craft fair was very disappointing; I sold only one necklace and earring set. Although it is a very well-known fair, no one who was selling jewelry had much business. One would think that this close to Mother's Day people would be looking, but not today.

Oh well.

nancy237
04-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Jojo...I hate that you are going through that with your mom.. Its so hard to have loved ones suffering in any way.. is she able to write..I was thinking since these things are real in her head if she journaled about them she might feel like she is doing something about things.. I only went through 2 nights with Robin out of his head from the steroids and those were gut wrenching
nights .. Knowing that he actually thought I was not acting in his best interest broke my heart.

I am reading through all the love letters that Robin sent to me when we were dating & through the years.. Honestly it feels like every day is getting harder. I try to distract myself with chores & errands. He was a true soulmate. I was just adjusting to having an empty nest ...It seems
overwhelming tonight...Thanks for listening..

jojo23
04-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Thank you everyone, you really are a lovely bunch. It will be a year next month since our daughter died and what with my mum, it has been a horrid year.

She was a straight A student in her youth and a brilliant musician. She spoke 3 languages fluently, was passionate about her job and a thoroughly caring lady. She can barely write her name now, can't even pick out a simple tune on the piano, can't take in anything she reads, and her table manners are appalling. She is completely incontinent. She has gone from a professional lady who always wore a very expensive, well- tailored business suit, hand bag matching her shoes and had her beautiful, snow white hair, set every week. To a dirty smelly harridan who hates the sight of me.
I am an only child (my dad was killed when I was 3 weeks old) mum and I have always been close, there was just the 2 of us. She was very proud of my nursing achievements and had all my certificates framed and hanging in her sitting room (the only time she made me embarrassed)

I nearly lost this post just now, it completely went! I'm so glad I save it every so often as I write so that I don't have to start over.

Tejas
04-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Life is really difficult at times, isn't it Chickies.

My mother was also a bright light in the world who lost her ability to care for herself and deteriorated, but not like your Mum, Jojo. That's so heartbreaking.

Nancy, your loss is so fresh and staggering. My heart goes out to you. You bet it's overwhelming.....

ontarget
04-10-2011, 10:19 AM
JoJo and Nancy, :hug: I wish there was something I could do to help your pain.

Vickie
04-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Chicks! I can't stay now; just wanted to say hello. I've got errands to do and it will be 85 here today. In Chicago...in April. Nearly unheard of. Brodie, Jim and I are going to the Barkery for some stuff for Brodie. It's all about Brodie. Today is a year ago that he came home with us. How time has flown and how he is completely and forever burrowed into our hearts.

Nancy and Jojo, how I wish I could give you both big hugs. I'll be back later to talk to you both as I have things to say to both of you.

Light and love to the rest of my Chicks. Talk to you later.

BTW, why is the darned scale back up the day before my weigh ins? Maybe the humidity? I did eat a bit of salt. Harumph.

jojo23
04-11-2011, 04:03 AM
New pages up and running.

I gained 4lbs this last week darnit!!!!