Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/4 - 4/10

Diana3271
04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great week!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

roadbikerchick
04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
Good morning, everyone :coffee2:

:cheer: The start of a new week, and another chance to treat ourselves well. :cheer:

LindsayLou: Hang in there. The weight will come off again just as quickly as it came on. :goodscale:

Jo: hope you have wireless down there! Have a great time in Costa Rica! :cool:

Larry: congrats on the major whoosh! :carrot::high:

Berry: good for you on the workout, and staying on plan :cb:

At morning weigh-in I was 141.4. That's 2.2 pounds off over the last week. :woohoo: I'd really like to break 140 this month. Wish me luck! I'll check in later, and see how all of you are! :goodvibes: Have a great day!

berryblondeboys
04-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Roadbikerchick You are doing great! It probably helps that the weather is beginning to cooperate too!

For me, up another .2. It's funny my husband said to me, before I stepped on the scale, "don't be alarmed if you gained weight". I guess he gained two pounds. It's the taco salad. Puts me at exactly at 30 pounds lost! I'll be mad if I lose that as I'm being good! (just kidding - I know fluctuations all too well).

I'm also a bit sore today from last night's workout. My arms, my calves and my abs. Means I'm doing something right!

Diana3271
04-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave: Let's Make it a Great Week! :cheer2:

I will be closing out my monthly books this week. I may not have a lot of time for personals, but I will be reading about your successes!

Jen When is your RN comp test?

roadbikerchick Congrats on the 2.2 pounds

mamakat
04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I did ok Saturday, walked for hours looking for a dress. But Sunday was a very bad day. I have been depressed and eating ever since. My husband told me I had to get a job and that started me spiraling down. If I had a skill or experience and wasn't literally afraid of people it might be just the thing I need to get out of the house and away from food. But I don't have a clue as to what kind of job I'd be qualified for that has a low people interaction. I'm supposed to stay away from stress because it triggers the mania/depression and now I'm a bundle of stress. I can only imagine what a job would be like. People scare me!

Anyway sorry for ranting. Thats why I didn't show up yesterday. And I'm not sure how "accountable" I'll be the rest of the week. I don't want to get out of bed. I'm sick with nausea and other intestinal issues and my thoughts keep swaying to the dark side. So I have to call my doctor.

I wish you all a good and healthy week.
Kat

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Morning all! Quick check-in before class... I'll do personals later! But mamakat I hope you feel better. You definitely need to get yourself up and moving this week, staying in bed will only make it worse!

Weighed in at 122.8 today, wahoo! I even went over on both cals and carbs yesterday! I hiked 6.5 miles and had some granola after wards. I also walked the dog to the dog park which googlemaps tells me is 2.1 miles. Today I'm gonna give my feet a break and just do some weight training.

Lets see.... nothing too exciting in other aspects of life, although my sister and I decided to go on a cruise - just the two of us - for her birthday in June! Just a little get away time for her, I'm excited!

shellsbrood
04-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Good Morning, all!

Sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I was taking a bit of a break from the internet. I had a great weekend, despite the scale being stubborn and just took it easy. 195 this morning, so still not back at my ticker and TOM is gone. I'm eating healthy and exercising regularly, so I'll be content with that! This weekend, I went shopping and picked up some bermuda shorts (Diana!). They were a size 12. They were snug, but they're for my anniversary getaway on May 27th, so they'll be perfect by then. Dh saw me in them and said "Oh, wow, they fit really well right now!". Of course he did, they fit snuggly on my hips and butt. :p :lol: But, wow...a 12! How can I wear a 14/12 and be 195lbs? It boggles my mind. When I weighed 155 I was an 8/10. Also, some large shirts are getting too baggy and I have a few mediums. So, maybe this fitness thing has something going for it. :D

Mamakat--I was right were you are about a year ago. I scared my dh so badly, because all I did was lay around on the couch, not caring about anything. I was so depressed. I'm glad you're calling your doc. I'm glad to finally be free of that feeling and I wish that so much for you. Sending you a :hug:

LLBold--Wow, those are a lot of miles! Great job!

Berry--I wanted to congratulate you for completing Walk-It-Out, earlier. I might have asked before, but did you find all the CDs in the game? The last few were about 190bpm and wow that was FAST!

Roadbikerchick--Awesome on the 2.2! :woohoo:

Ok, off to eat some breakfast. Have a great day, everyone!

stacygee
04-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi! Just a quick check in. I have to leave to try to fit a workout in before going to sit with my friend Deb today. She can't be left alone before she returns to MD Anderson tomorrow. My shift is 10-2. I stay within my calories yesterday by 4 calories! 181 this morning. Hoping to see that 179 again this week!

Diana3271
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Stacy I think I saw your post about not eating eggs. Are you allergic to them?

Sum38
04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
LOL....I was left behind :)

Weight this am; 151...150's are really taunting me. I am going to try to be really good this week, and hopefully I will break 150's by Friday. Kids are home all week, so it will be a bit challenge to stay OP.

I have been walking 8 miles per day, because of the friend's doggie, I am getting extra 3 miles per day. That should help me. I feel my legs are really shaping up.

Everyone have a fab day!!

Diana3271
04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Mamakat I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. :hug: I second what everyone else has said about the call in to your doc and moving around. :hug:

Shells Congrats on the Bermuda's and DH's comments. That's a great feeling.

Pint Sized Terror
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Checking in.

Mamakat, I hope you feel better. :hug:

Roadbikerchick, awesome loss! Good job!

Jo, enjoy Costa Rica!!

As for me, I'm attacking this hard. I've settled on a 1200 calorie limit for now, along with daily workouts on the elliptical. I'm going to try for low-carb/high protein. I've never done it before, but it's worth a shot. I'm focusing more on my body and less on the scale since I'm developing quite a lot of anxiety about weight. I'm also going to really focus on hydration and water intake. I've been really bad about that for the past several days. I've barely been drinking a single glass of water/day. :o

shellsbrood
04-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm also going to really focus on hydration and water intake. I've been really bad about that for the past several days. I've barely been drinking a single glass of water/day. :o

I have the same problem. :o

berryblondeboys
04-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Ack I somehow lost my post with personals! UGH!!!:(

Ok, minimized version:

Mamakat take it one day at a time and get to see your doctor. Living life should not be that stressful and anxiety producing.

Pint You need to DRINK! (migraines get triggered by dehydration) and good luck with trying something new. I have found low carbing it has helped me tremendously!

Lacey A cruise and Italy? Wow! And good job on the weight loss!

Stacy I am so sorry about your friend. I don't think the prognosis is good and the doctor should be talking with her about it. DO they have young kids?

Shells Ugh... I was talking about Walk it Out and it all got erased! Grrr! Anyway, yes, I got all the CDs, I did that first, then built up the large items, the the zodiac and finished with the trees and streetlights. I weeded out all slow songs and at the end was only using songs over 148 bpm. That 190 song got my heart rate to 142 - the highest it could get.

Diana3271 Don't get lost in the sea of numbers with all that bookkeeping. What do you and your husband do anyway? What business? If you don't mind sharing.

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Pint... Seriously try low-carb, remember I was stuck at 127 or so for a MONTH and now I'm moving nicely, even though I go over on cals most days! I find that having a protein shake made with almond milk for breakfast (has only 2-3 carbs but gives you lots of energy) really makes doing low-carb easy because it gives you more flexibility with lunch/dinner!

TooManyDimples
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Bikerchick ~ Congrats on the 2.2 lose!

Mamakat ~ I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get to see your doctor soon.

LLBold ~ That was a lot of miles. Good for you. =)

Shells ~ Yay for the shorts! I'll probably cry the day I can fit into a 14/12. I haven't been that small since I was a preteen!

Sum ~ 8 miles a day is amazing. I couldn't do that. =) Hope it helps get you to the 140's!

Pint ~ I hope your plan works well for you.

Diana, Berry, Stacy & anyone I may have missed ~ I hope you all have a great on plan day.

jendiet
04-04-2011, 10:29 AM
ok, everyone quick personals.

Mamakat! You seriously need to talk to your husband about you having to find a job. what spurred it? do you need to look at your income/budget? I don't think you are stable enough from what you say to handle NOT only the stress of looking for a job, but the stress of keeping one. I'm sorry you are having such issues. It sounds like you have social phobia. I have a little social anxiety myself, so i understand, but yours sounds very complicated. You definitely need to see a dr. before you spiral down anymore too.

Llbold, wow you are active. your activity sounds fun. wish i could just take off and go for a hike. good job on getting down to 122. When will you hit maintenance you think?

pint, i'm terrible with my drinking water. I sure needed it yesterday though. i would have clawed someones eyes out for water. I need to figure out a consistent/ convenient system to get my bottled water though. i've been using store bought, but i hate the amt of water bottles i throw away.

Lacey, going to italy? wow that seriously sounds fun. i wouldn't know what to do with myself. I love travelling. I don't like the process of travelling though--i get severe motion sickness--unless i'm driving. i love getting there though!

Stacy, God bless you for being such a light in your friend's life. I'm praying for her. GBM are very agressive, though RARE, and terrible. It scares me because I remember when cell phones were so new, and I saw this no-name dr. talking about SAR and the fact he expected to see an epidemic of GBMs in 20 years because of the usage.

berry, i don't know if you remember or posted it somewhere and i overlooked it but i asked if Walk it out had a good replay value? i'm usually not into a game with no replay value.

Diana, way to go on bookeeping. I thought the fiscal year ended in July. yeah i'm curious what your business is too.

afm: feet majorly hurt this morning. blood sugar was good though- 94. despite the tea and ginger snaps i had late last night. i couldn't help it, i had the worse taste in my mouth, and HORRIBLE heartburn.

after prevacid, a zantac, and maalox, i finally got some relief--note to self DON'T SKIP PREVACID PILL.

RN COMP is looming over me. I keep trying to figure out the logistics in my head. I take the ATI and score a level 3 with an 81.6. which is considered 99 percentile. But, we're to take this comp and score a 94 or better? it must be a repeated test, or the questions from the practice test MUST be on this thing.

Here's my schedule: RN COMP tomorrow. Clinicals Wednesday. Leaterdership ATI test on Thursday, and 265 Test 4 on Thursday. Is that enough tests? apparently not!

I got to take another 150 question practice test today--the last one took me 4 hours, cause i took my time to learn the rationales.

so, i'm stuck indoors today.

Vixsin
04-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi Everyone!!!! :grouphug:

Well the scale is at it again...I'm back up to 201.8. I'm not stressed out though. I had an AMAZING weekend. Went to a hockey game and then hung out with a friend. Had a great time. I noticed that it's difficult for me to eat on the weekend because I am too busy "doing". LOL That just feels silly to say! LOL Anywho, I made the best choices I could and accounted for everything I ate. Even with my estimations, I was within my calories. I feel good about every decision because I thought long and hard about them all. :lol: I know it's mostly water because I didn't eat clean by any stretch of the imagination. So I've got some good, quality calories packed to eat today and I am certain that my body will be thanking me for it within the next couple of days.

Back to the gym today after work. I am so excited. I am going for an elliptical workout today. My hip is still sore so I am going for a resistance workout today and definitely not speed.

I've got a lot of reading to do from the weekend, so you'll all forgive me if I pick up my personals today. :)

BBL!!!

Andejean
04-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Hi folks, I haven't disappeared...

well, I think I'm down on lbs, probably because when we went out this weekend, I drank diet soda instead of a few cocktails... The doctor put me on antibiotics for an infection under my eye, probably connected to a sinus infection, so no drinks for me. I had a good weekend, though busy. A little bummed I couldn't drink because we were toasting our friend at a memorial, and they were selling jager bombs to benefit the family (his fav drink). I'd have like to have one for him, but I can always have one for him next week...

Went out for a greasy fish fry on Friday because TTOM is coming, and #%&@%#^ I WANTED ONE!!! <--- Yeah, REALLY bad... LOL. Ate the leftovers for breakfast Saturday morning, because I do stuff like that, then went out to eat at a chinese buffet with classmates during our 7 hour class... dinner was 3 pieces of frozen supreme pizza. Yesterday was horrible eating, 3 servings of pretzel crackers for breakfast, an apple and a banana for lunch, a little leftover spinach pasta casserole, then dinner was chicken breast with tomato sauce and pepper jack cheese, plus a huge pile of green beans... then we watched tv and ate a bag and a half each of microwave popcorn... still about 300 cals under my limit, so not as bad as it could have been...

Off to hit my to-do list, soooooo much to do... I am really looking forward to summer...

zoodoo613
04-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm down 2 lbs this week, from 215.2 to 213.2, so that's good news. I'm starting out very slowly on this journey, so I'm really pretty pleased with the loss.

The only exercise I got all week was a short bike ride yesterday. I have standing plans to walk at lunch time with someone from work, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. I'm ready for spring!

PhoenixPlames
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone, mind if I join? I'm new around here, but I really need to do something about my weight. I've really let myself go and it needs to stop! :(

I weigh in on Wednesday's, and last Wednesday I hit the big '300' mark. I'm so disappointed in myself and am definitely committed to getting this weight off!!!

I just wrote out a list of short term goals for myself. Hopefully that helps!

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Jendiet... sorry I think you asked about maintenance before and I forgot to answer. 118lbs is my arbitrarily set number goal... but if my current way of eating doesn't get me there, I don't think I will eat less to get there. Even if I get to 118, I'm really trying to get into endurance-running, and I assume that I'll gain muscle mass and be back in the low 120s (but a more toned 120s!) after a while.

LisaP916
04-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm new to this thread as well. I joined Weight Watchers on March 26th, and I had my first weigh in on April 2nd. I lost 6.2# during that first week, and I was thrilled!!! I don't count calories but I do track my points, and I'm finding this new Points Plus program to be much easier to follow than I anticipated. I know the weight loss numbers won't be that high every week, but it's nice to see that kind of return on my first week's investment!

There's nothing major or stressful coming up this week, and I'm generally a stress / emotional / boredom eater. Hopefully that means I won't have any motivation for the mindless eating.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you!

surfergirl2
04-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone! Sounds like the weekend went well for most of you.

My calories were 1990 on Friday, 2080 on Saturday, and 1900 on Sunday. On Saturday night i all of a sudden realized i had forgotten to log some nuts that my friend gave me, so i had gone over my daily limit :( I rectified it by cutting my calories by 100 the next day. So everything is still going according to plan. :)

Vixsin
04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. This thread is so encouraging!!!

Andejean
04-04-2011, 02:00 PM
well things with the mooch have finally come to a head... He came in the kitchen and asked me if he had done something specific to make me look at him with disdain for the last week, or if it was the fact that he was there in the first place... (first of all, the disdain has been there a LOT longer than a week...) I told him it was the fact that he has lived here for 6 months without so much as an attempt to find something else, and that I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore. So he said "actually I am looking, and I'll find out this afternoon", so as he walked away, I muttered "about D@mn time!" Then he got his jacket and left. Here is to hoping he's out quickly... UGH I am so angry right now! All I want is dark chocolate!

LindseyLou
04-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Roadbiker – Woo hoo on the 2.2!! :D

Mamakat – :hug: I’m sure you can find some kind of job that would be low-person interaction. I’m kind of that way too…people can stress me out! I’m the kind of person that would prefer a job in a cubicle…you tell me what to do and I’ll do it. I would about die if I had to speak in front of a crowd, even a small conference. :eek:

LLBold – 122.8! WOW! :yay:

Shells – I did some shopping this weekend too…it’s actually fun now! :lol: Where are you and DH going for your anniversary??

Stacy – I know you’ll see 179 soooooon! ;)

Sum – You got some great exercise in! I know you’ll be seeing the 140s real soon! :D

Pint – I’m right there with ya, the last few days I’ve barely drank water and ate really salty stuff and drank (hello water retention! :o) I’ve been trying to eat more protein, I think it helps fill me up a bit more, and smaller meals, but 5-6 per day. I think your plan of attack sounds good! You can do it! :cheer:

Vixsin – “I noticed that it's difficult for me to eat on the weekend because I am too busy "doing".” LOVE this!! You’ll be under 200 again soon, dagone scale! It’s being mean to me too. :rollpin:

Ande – I had some drinks this weekend too…a few too many. Hope you’re feeling better! I’m still struggling with my sinus infection! :(

ZooDoo & LisaP - :welcome3:

Sum38
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Welcome Zoo, Phoenix and Lisa

Ande; I started drinking club soda with lime when I go out. It does not go down fast like pop and it looks like I am having a drink. I started tipping the waitress as if I had vodka in it :lol: Not her fault that I am on diet. haha!

Vix I LOVE hockey. Well I was born in Finland, it is sort of our national sport along with crazy ski jumping :) -- I am glad you had a great weekend!

Jen When are you done with school?

Shells Yay for the 12's!! I am not surprised; you are so beautifully tall!

Stacy Sending good wishes and positive thoughts to your friend Deb!

Pint You go girl! BTW; I HATE drinking water as well. I do manage to get 84 oz in each and every day, but I have to be very anal about it. I will 12 oz glass and gulp it down at one sitting. I give myself a tick mark for each glass. -- I basically have an appointment with fridge each 90 minutes :(

Diana Thanks for this new weekly thread! Don't work too hard, as Melissa asked I am curious as well what is it that you do? If you don't mind sharing.

Road 2.2 lbs. That is HUGE! You will be in 130's this month!

Melissa I made nachos the same day you made tacos. I basically had all the same incredients in it...I think I am still retaining water from it. I added Hidden Valley Ranch (powder) to it as well...I am sure that has sodium over load :(

Mamakat -- I echo what others have said. Take care of yourself! Bipolar is a hard illness. My father suffered from it (before meds). What do you take? Zoloft and Abilify?

Lacey Congrats on your new low! Have fab time planning your cruise!

Sum38
04-04-2011, 02:12 PM
LidseyLou As I was typing personals, I was wondering where you were :)

LindseyLou
04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
LidseyLou As I was typing personals, I was wondering where you were :)

I'm here! ;) I had typed them all out earlier but lost them...

Sum38
04-04-2011, 02:20 PM
I hope you feel better soon!

GainingWeightInLa
04-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone! We were out of town for the weekend so I haven't been around. I missed a LOT! :eek:

I'm picking up from here, although I've read a lot of what I missed. You guys are smokin'!! :woohoo: Lots and lots of losses and lots and lots of "stickin' with it." Every time I'm tempted to not return (because I feel like I've been away too long), I come back and remember why I keep coming! :D You guys are amazingly encouraging, even when you're not talking directly to me!

I didn't do too badly this weekend, all things considered.....but I'm certainly not looking for any huge losses at weigh in tomorrow. I may be down a lb (I know, I know.....I say that EVERY week! I mean it this week! lol) I ate lots of grilled chicken this weekend. Yesterday, I had fries with my grilled chicken sandwich, but I didn't eat most of my chicken burger bun....not an equal trade off, but better than eating all of it for sure! I weighed 207.2 this morning, which is a little lighter than weigh in last week, so we'll see. If I maintained, I'll be happy because it was a stress free weekend and, even though I tried to make good decisions, I didn't obsess over it.....I enjoyed the weekend.

I have to say LARRY, WOW on that woosh!! Now we know how long it takes to start showing a loss when you come off of fluid pills! How long was it, exactly? Do you remember? I know I'm gonna have to come off mine soon.....every morning now when I first get up, I'm lightheaded. It goes away quickly, but know it's just low BP. I'm so proud of you for enduring through your "stall" on the scales. YOU have inspired me!! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go thru it....largely thanks to you! :D

BBL everyone!! I missed you guys!! :)

still
04-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Just saying hi before I go take a nap for a bit :-) Scale is back up to 176, but I don't think its going to stay there very long. I think the 173 was a peek at things to come! So no heart rate monitor yet, but I'm almost there!

L R K
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Another pretty bad start to the week for me. I think I got about an hours sleep last night because of my damn back. It's also been hurting all day because of the lack of rest which ain't good. Pain meds are helping with the eating sitch either, soooo not hungry and when I do actually want to eat its carbs carbs carbs. The food i've eaten today was forced because I need to eat to take the pain meds, I really did not want to eat anything.

Arrrgh.... soooooo frustrating.

Anyways, i'm going to post my food for the day just because I want to keep making myself accountable.

Mon 4/4/2011

B - 1 multi-grain bagel thin w/ natural PB and organic jam + 8oz choc. almond milk

L - 1 cup homemade jamabalaya + 1 cup strawberries

D - Instant Pho noodle bowl

Drinking: Not enough! I had 1 cup apple cinnamon tea + about 1L water, will try and get some more in by the end of the day

Exercise: None - back is too sore - will only be doing my physio stretches

Cya :wave:

berryblondeboys
04-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Still That is a great attitude to have because it's the truth!

Diana in LA Glad you had such a restful and stress free weekend away. Doesn't sound like it was a 'free for all food fest' either. Good for you!

Jendiet Hope that the practice test helps you feel more confident in your upcoming exam. You're ALMOST there and you are holding it together, good for you!

Vixsin darn scale messing with ya! Soon it will NEVER go over 200 again!

Andejean I'm sorry things came to a head, but I think part of the problem is that you waited so long to say something. I hope things will work out and he stays with your band (if you want him to).

Welcome: Zoodoo and PhoenixPlames and LisaP916

Surfergirl glad you were accountable for your day. I was over the other day too because I forgot to add in the two taco shells! But I came clean on my log!

Lindseylou SOrry your weekend was a bit high on the alcohol side of things. Must be feeling better? And I lost a lot of personals earlier today too! Stinks when that happens because it takes some time to do it!

Lacey I cannot imagine being your weight. Amazing!

lauren I am so sorry about your back. That would be so hard to deal with day in and day out. I sure wish they could figure it out as to WHY it's happening! You're too young for this!

Not much here. I did a quick aerobics routine and will not be doing that one again. Too easy (though the arm work still got me in places as I have super wimpy arms), but I couldn't handle the instructor and I am NOT usually that picky. But, while sitting through the 10 minutes of commercials I discovered my resting heart rate has really dropped. It's not 59-60! My heart is getting healthier! yay! (It used to be 80-85).

L R K
04-04-2011, 04:28 PM
berry - Thanks :hug:

My new physio is 99.9% sure that the pain is coming from kyphosis which basically means the natural curve in my back is bigger than it should be, due to me being a very flexible person. She can't say 100% until I have my MRI but that's what it seems to be.

And unfortunately it is not going to be a short-term fix. SO it is just a matter of patience really.

Andejean
04-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks Berry, you're right. Both my boyfriend and I are soft hearted people, and he was a friend going through a tough spot, then it was "well he doesn't have a job because it's hard to find one during the holidays... we finally just had to force ourselves to see that he wasn't applying for any, and he was sitting on his behind in our kitchen chain smoking while we bought all the shampoo, toilet paper, paid for all the household bills etc... We both try to see the good in people, but some people you just can't live with... we had thought he might be with us for a month or two... 6 months later he's still unemployed, not paying any bills, but he has the money to go out on weekends, and to buy booze to get drunk at our table... you are definitely right, we waited too long.

As for the band, I think a lot of them are getting sick of him too, and they don't live with him...

I have a horrible headache, and I pigged out on 5 peanut butter/reeses pieces cookies...

GainingWeightInLa
04-04-2011, 04:40 PM
I've had a little over half my calories today. I think I still have 533 calories left. Gonna be a kinda skimpy supper, I guess. Probably a lean cuisine and maybe a salad....unless I go get a subway sandwich. :sigh: I'm snacky. I gotta get outta that. I ate a bite of my daughter's chocolate birthday cake. It was only one mouthful. I'll be glad when it's gone....thankfully there's only one tiny piece left.....I think I'll put it in her lunch box tomorrow. :D It was one of those tiny ones you can get at WalMart. Sunday is her party.....bigger cake........more temptation.....I'm gonna buy a 1/4 sheet cake so hopefully there won't be any left..won't even hurt my feelings if there isn't enough to go around to everyone. That way I know there won't be any left. I'm not a GREAT hostess, huh?!?! :rofl:

Okay, going to cook supper for my family! Maybe back later. Have a GREAT evening, everyone! :D

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Gaining... or you could get a mini-cake for her to blow out and exactly as many cupcakes as there are people!

Sum38
04-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Lauren, I just read this article about sitting on medicine ball upon waking up as little as 30 seconds to alleviate back pain. Worth a try....

love2b150
04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
This is what I posted on the old thread just moved it over ... OMGoodness you all are so busy. Don't know if I'll catch up before I have to go to bed. :)

Hey Jen, sorry about the heartburn, sounds like you're in that nesting stage :)

Lacey good job on the new scale numbers. Great job on exercise. A cruise ... ahhhh one day. :)

Wow Sum you and Lacey are really moving ... Great Job! Hope your legs feel better soon. Wow you started in March and already down 15lbs??? What's your secret or tip? :)

I am down 0.2 today to 176.6. Hope to have a better weigh in tomorrow, although usually the morning after working all night isn't great. I'll :crossed: my fingers that my scale is nice to me in the a.m. :D I'm spotting too so that's not gonna help any ... but what to do

Today's eats

SBD - Phase 1 - Day 3

Breakfast
Turkey bacon, egg, cheese mini quiche, cinnamon, nutmeg & egg mini quiche

Snack
2 tbsp natural PB, 1 light laughing cow

Lunch
1/4 plain low fat yogurt w/ 1/2 tsp s/f jello, 1 flaxseed meal pancake with s/f syrup, 6oz V8 low sodium

Snack
Hard boiled egg w/ light cilantro mayonnaise, 2oz of turkey with Dijon (found out I don't like cilantro)

Dinner
grilled chicken wrapped in Romaine with shredded cheddar, peppers and onion, small salad greens and 1/2c black bean chili

Treat
Fudgsicle

2 cups of decaf, 87ozs of water
1 hr @ Curves with Zumba great new workout she kicked our behinds

love2b150
04-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Best of Luck to you roadbikerchick on breaking into the 140's ... I like that The start of a new week, and another chance to treat ourselves well. Good job on the 2.2lbs GONE :)

Berry Great Job on the 30lbs GONE :) easy to lose track here, I use to live on here to keep up and get support of course :) :yay: for a healthy heart :hug:

Hi Diana ... Don't work too hard :hug:

Kat I'm sorry you are feeling down. That is a lot to deal with all at once. And I know all to well how worry and anxiety can cause stomach issues because it happens to me. I have to talk myself out of the situation so that I can stop going to the bathroom. I hope you feel better soon and it's good you want to call your doctor and not stay to yourself. Maybe a greeter, where you just have to say hello and look at a receipt every now and then just a thought. :hug:

Shells, Congrats on the 12's. You go GIRL!

Hi Stacy :wave:

No Sum I was over there too :D

Pint good focus and do get your water in :hug:

Lacey can you do that shake on the South Beach Diet - Phase 1? Eggs are all I've had for breakfast so far but I'm only on Day 3. Great idea for the cupcakes.

Hi Kim:wave:

Jen busy busy busy :hug:

Hi Vixsin good for you on keeping it positive ... that's been my problem the last few months I can't stay positive unless the scale is going down ... a :nono: I know. I trying to regroup though :) Hope your hip gets better soon :hug: Very encouraging thread :)

Wow Andejean, your calories had to surprise you, isn't it amazing how we beat ourselves up in our minds only to find out that it is not so bad after all. :) ... on the mooch, just breathe :hug:

:welcome: Zoodoo good job on the 2lbs GONE :) It was beautiful here today tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and high 50 ... oh Spring where are you? :D

:welcome: Phoenix

:welcome: LisaP Great Job job on the 6.2lbs GONE :high:

Good for you remembering surfergirl :) I always seem to forget the nuts and sunflower seeds, I wonder why?? Maybe because they're small, idk!

Hi Lindsey :wave: ... I know 3 pages in one day, and I started on last weeks, LOL ... whoa :D I use to lose them sometimes after typing them and was told to open up two browsers and it definitely helped. :)

Gaining ... the people here keep me coming back also ... one big happy family that understands it all :hug: to ALL

Still great outlook :)

AwLauren I'm sorry ... feel better :hug: :hug:

Hi :wave: to Everyone that I missed :)

OK finally all caught up it's bedtime now ... see you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening. :grouphug:

Sum38
04-04-2011, 07:25 PM
well things with the mooch have finally come to a head... He came in the kitchen and asked me if he had done something specific to make me look at him with disdain for the last week, or if it was the fact that he was there in the first place... (first of all, the disdain has been there a LOT longer than a week...) I told him it was the fact that he has lived here for 6 months without so much as an attempt to find something else, and that I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore. So he said "actually I am looking, and I'll find out this afternoon", so as he walked away, I muttered "about D@mn time!" Then he got his jacket and left. Here is to hoping he's out quickly... UGH I am so angry right now! All I want is dark chocolate!

Good for you!!! 6 months is a long time. He has overstayed his welcome. -- I understand that times are tough, but still....It is time for him to take advantages of some other friends hospitality :lol: At the end, he won't have any friends left, unless he gets his act together.... :(

Doesn't he have any family? -- Maybe he should move out of state to look for work? It is not like he has a mortgage and house keeping him there

TooManyDimples
04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Evening everyone. I had a good average day. Seems like I've really settled into the swing of things and this lifestyle is just becoming habit. That's definitely the goal so I'm happy I've adapted so well. Did strength and biked 11 miles. My husband is on staff duty tonight so I'm going to cuddle up with my daughter and watch Tinkerbell and then get to bed. I hope everyone had a great day!

Jen ~ Good luck with everything you have coming up.

Vixsin ~ Sounds like a fun weekend. I hope you have a great week and see under 200 again real quick. =)

Zoodoo ~ Congrats on 2lbs down!

Ande ~ Good for you for finally standing up to that bum! I hope he finally gets the picture and gets out ASAP.

Gaining ~ Sounds like you did pretty good this weekend. I hope your weighin tomorrow goes well!

Lauren ~ =( I'm sorry to hear your back is still giving you so much trouble. Happy, get better thoughts coming your way.

Hi to everyone else! Welcome to all the first timers! This is definitely a great thread for support. =)

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Love2B... I have no idea, I'm not on South Beach! I use 1 cup of vanilla almond milk and 1 scoop of Nutek chocolate protein powder... you could look it up!

stacygee
04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi friends! I was 237 calories over today. 5g of carbs over 100. Most likely the Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies I shouldn't have eaten. Oh Well- I'll do better tomorrow. At least I worked out in the AM and then again in the PM- So I ate 1737 calories but I burned a total of 1026... so I shouldn't see a gain at least! I really don't know what came over me... but I sent the rest of the cookies into the trash after a good squirt of Pledge (just in case I thought I might pick one out of the trash, LOL).

Diana: I am actually not allergic to eggs. I just don't eat them. When I was a child I was a very picky eater and my mother fed me eggs every single day because it was one of the only foods I would eat. One day the broke open an egg that had developed a chick and showed me - then she pushed it down the disposal... needless to say I took eggs off the list of foods I would eat and have never added them back. I actually wish I could stomach an egg... on a high protein low carb diet eggs would be a great resource.

Sum, Jendiet and Berry: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers for Deb. The doctors havn't given a prognosis; however, we have all googled the GBM tumor and know that this is a very aggressive and deadly type of cancer. She is going to MD Anderson which is nationally renowned for cancer treatment so we are hopeful they will be able to develop a plan for conquering this. I am thankful that I am able to go and help her and her husband. She does have a young child... that is how we met in our MOMS Club. Her little girl is 6 years old and a very sweet little girl.

LLBOld: You put wrote last week or so that you benched 125. You are so strong, Girl! I asked my trainer to try 85- b/c that is what I've lost so far and I wanted to feel it as weight. He was surprised I did that easily so he stacked on 20 more pounds. I did it once but that was it...

Vixsin
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Great workout tonight! 50 mins on the elliptical with all sorts of resistance. LOL

Calories are a little higher, closer to 1600-ish, I burned 600 tonight. No gym tomorrow. :crossed: that the hip doesn't scream at me in the morning.

I am going to make sure to get a full 8 hours of sleep tonight. I'm off to have my Greek yogurt and watch a little something before bed.

See you all in the morning!!!

LLBoldAsLove87
04-04-2011, 09:24 PM
LLBOld: You put wrote last week or so that you benched 125. You are so strong, Girl! I asked my trainer to try 85- b/c that is what I've lost so far and I wanted to feel it as weight. He was surprised I did that easily so he stacked on 20 more pounds. I did it once but that was it...

It was 120 technically, but thanks! Like I said, I was on the weightlifting team in high school... back then I could bench 145! Congrats on benching 115!

Lauren A... I hope your back feels better!

____

On plan today, had breakfast for dinner (egg whites, cheese, spinach, mushrooms and turkey bacon) mmmm ... also did intervals on the treadmill and went to boot camp class! It's been storming all day, so the poor pup didn't get a walk.

Have a great night everyone!

berryblondeboys
04-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Accountability:

Breakfast: 130

Atkins Coconut almond bar

Lunch: 385

Gala apple - HUGE - 100
Jif, PB, 3 tbsp: 285

Dinner: 471

Ortega taco shell, ground beef, green leaf lettuce, shredded cheese, scallions and homemade salsa verde

Snack: 312

Minneola: 70
Slim Jim: 80
Blueberry Muffin batter: 162

Total for today: 1295
Exercise: 2.5 walking and 25 minutes aerobic routine: -528
Net calories for the day: 762

Net carbs: 85

roadbikerchick
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone!

My laptop is dying, so I'm doing this from my phone.
I'll do more personals once I have a computer again.

Calories under1800 today. biked 48 minutes - had to go back in because of wind and rain. Can't greet you all, but I'm reading your posts and cheering you on. :cheer2: :cheer3: :cheer2:

LindseyLou
04-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Here's my check in for today...

B – ½ c. egg beaters, 1 egg, oatmeal w/milk (320)
S – FF yogurt 80
L – turkey bacon sandwich, string cheese, grapes 40 (410)
S – banana 100
D – spaghetti squash w/meat sauce 400, garlic bread 140 (540)
S – bites of balance bar 50
1500 calories
85g protein, multivitamin, 80 oz. water
Triceps, Biceps, Back, Shoulders & Chest :lifter:
DB chest press, DB chest fly, DB kickbacks, Seated tricep extension,
DB tricep presses, Tricep push back, DB row, Concentration curls,
Hammer curls, Front raise, Lateral raise, Overhead DB press x12-10-8 reps each
Dips 10 reps, 20 Pushups, Back extension 20 reps

Diana3271
04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Stacy Hmm, I see and understand about the eggs. :eek:

I was able to put a dent in my work today. We own a diesel repair shop. We work on light and medium duty diesel trucks, for example Ford F-250 - F-750. We work on comparable trucks in the Chevrolet, GMC, and Dodge lines. I run the office and do whatever needs to be done. DH diagnoses and repairs the trucks. The diagnostic equipment that we use is original manufacturer diagnostic equipment, not aftermarket. I have to do all the of software upgrades/updates on the laptop that we use for diagnostics. There are small weekly updates but once a month or so there are major updates that can take a couple hours. I am normally busy doing month end books for about a week. I stay pretty busy for about 2 weeks of the month. I have work to do the other 2 weeks, but I can goof off a little more. ;) That's not too bad, is is? :lol:

Total Approx 1440 + :coffee:

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Chicken soft tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF HIIT 30
Circuit Burn (Sculpting Upper Body, Boxing, Cardio premix w/weighted gloves & #5)

Larry H
04-04-2011, 11:52 PM
I have to say LARRY, WOW on that woosh!! Now we know how long it takes to start showing a loss when you come off of fluid pills! How long was it, exactly? Do you remember? I know I'm gonna have to come off mine soon.....every morning now when I first get up, I'm lightheaded. It goes away quickly, but know it's just low BP. I'm so proud of you for enduring through your "stall" on the scales. YOU have inspired me!! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go thru it....largely thanks to you! :D

BBL everyone!! I missed you guys!! :)

Very kind words Diana but I feel like you were one of the main people that encouraged me in my weight loss quest. The thanks go to you not to me!!:hug:

I was off the water pills ten days when the whoose hit. I thought I might rebound some but the loss has stayed.:carrot::D

I hope you have as good a luck as I did!!:D

Larry

Larry H
04-05-2011, 12:30 AM
On plan today with 1343 total calories.

My DW and I had dinner at the Golden Corral. For the first time ever I ate at the Golden Corral and had no meat! :dizzy: I had three ounces of baked fish. The rest of my meal was comprised of salad (skipped the cheeses and all those other high calorie toppings on the salad bar. Then I loaded up on low cal healthy vegetables, green beans, boiled cabbage, boiled yellow squash, turnip greens, boiled cauliflower. I was proud of my choices and it was very filling.

My scale drop appears to have been real. My weight is still 255 with no rebound.

4 hours of heavy yard work picking up downed tree limbs today and another storm is due to hit us tonight. I hope I will not be starting all over again. Oh well it is good exercise.

Larry,

Sum38
04-05-2011, 07:03 AM
Good Morning lovely ladies.

My scale is being a stubborn @#$%^ :lol: I am stuck at 151 lbs. Oh well, this too shall pass.

I had too much fatty food yesterday and my gallbladder is telling me so today :)

Calories were around 1450.

I think I may need to take a day off from my walking torture. My legs feel really weak and tired. I had hard time doing weights last night. I tend to go a tad bit overboard at times :(

Wishing everyone a fab day!!

Sum38
04-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Stacy I hope you will get answers for Deb soon! -- It is a scary thing. My brother's second wife died of a brain tumor, she went really fast though. I never even met her. They married and six months later she started having problems with fever spiking up, her personality changed as well. My poor brother; his first wife died very young of a heart attack. Now he is married for a third time.
I will keep her in my thoughts!

Still I think I would like to have a heart monitor as well...I think I will get it as a reward if I ever get below 150 lbs.

Hi Love!

Kim That is fantastic; this is a lifestyle, not a diet.

Diana Ya, now that husband swap makes sense :)

Road My laptop died as well....at times I used my phone and the darn thing has a spell check and I don't always catch it... needless to say, some of my posts have been totally off the wall :lol:

Melissa Another great day for you! I hope taco sodium has excited your system.

Vix Did you see dr about your hip? Mine got inflamed a few years back from running....

Everyone else HI

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Good Morning! :wave:

I kept getting woke up from the thunderstorms last night. Hopefully, tonight I can sleep better. It looks like TTOM might be ending early for me. Six days is so much better than 11! I will see how today goes before I get too excited. ;)

roadbikerchick
04-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi everyone! :coffee2:

I’ve finished backing up my ailing laptop, and it’s functioning for now, so here goes! ;)

Berry: the slight rise on the scale could be extra water weight as your muscles adjust, or from sodium intake. Your dh was right! Glad to hear your heartrate is dropping. That’s fantastic!:carrot:

Jen: All the best on your RN comp test! :hug:

Kat: Sometimes dh’s need a little help understanding our mental health concerns. I wonder if someone he’ll respect could fill him in, so there’s less pressure on you. Please keep checking in – I’ll be looking for you. :hug:

LLBold: A cruise! Sounds lovely! Looking forward to hearing more about your running. :D

Shells: a size 12! Congratulations! You’re probably waaay fitter than before – therefore the smaller size at the higher weight. :carrot:

Stacy: Wishing you and your friend lots of peace. Having you there must mean so much to her. :hug:

Kristina: Great mileage. Don’t let the scale get you down! :D

Pint: More water, workouts, and focusing on your body sounds like a great plan. Stick with it! For me, losing weight has been a matter of finding that “sweet spot” between eating so much, so that I don’t lose, and eating so little that I’m totally obsessed with food (and then later binge). I can only stay with it long term if I find myself somewhat hungry, but not starving. :hug:

Diana3271: Hope the end of the month books balance easily. Glad to hear what you do for business. And, again, you are the accountability queen. Way to go.:carrot:

Vixsin: Your such a pro with putting that scale in its place! How’s your hip?:hug:

LaurenA: Hope your back feels better really soon. That’s gotta be rough. Oh well, maybe the lack of appetite will help with the scale ;):hug:

Surfergirl: You and I both post high calorie counts, but I’m with you. Some of us just need to eat more, even when we’re trying to lose weight. :D

Andejean: wishing you lots of peace. Hope life at home seems better now.:hug:

Larry: hope the clean up doesn’t start all over. And nice to hear that the weight loss is staying.

Zoodoo: Hi! Slow starts are fine! They’re the ones that last! :welcome:

Phoenix and LisaP: Welcome, you’ll find this a very encouraging place. :welcome:

Check-in for this morning: scale was up a little today -.4 – but I ate a lot of sodium yesterday. I plan to eat 1900 calories or less, and, if the weather shapes up, I’m going biking on the first bike club ride of the year. That’ll be about a 2 hour ride. If not, I’ll do something indoors tonight. See ya’ll later.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
I'll be back for personals later. .2 drop, but I finished up the taco salad last night for dinner. We'll see if tonight is better.

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Good Morning, all! So very exhausted today. My kiddos kept me up most of the night. :dz:

Finally, a new low! My ticker has been at 194.4 for almost two weeks. It's only moved .4, but hey, I'll take it! :D Calories were 1,512 yesterday and I exercised for an hour.

I took a picture of me in my new shorts. You can see that they're pretty snug! (I've always had large thighs) But, they button and zip fine, so that made my day. I won't be wearing them out any time soon (besides, we have a ton of snow still), but I knew I could share the pics with y'all. :)

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Stacy - :hug: My thoughts and prayers are with Deb. And the egg thing...ewww.

Diana - I must have slept thru ours??? I guess we had some!

Shells - I think the shorts look great!!! You have a great figure!! :D
Woo hoo, some water weight is gone! Yesterday my face was actually swollen up (around my eyes I can always tell). I don't feel so ehh, bloated now. Off to eat some breakfast! Have a great day ladies & Larry! :grouphug:

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Good Morning, all! So very exhausted today. My kiddos kept me up most of the night. :dz:

Finally, a new low! My ticker has been at 194.4 for almost two weeks. It's only moved .4, but hey, I'll take it! :D Calories were 1,512 yesterday and I exercised for an hour.

I took a picture of me in my new shorts. You can see that they're pretty snug! (I've always had large thighs) But, they button and zip fine, so that made my day. I won't be wearing them out any time soon (besides, we have a ton of snow still), but I knew I could share the pics with y'all. :)

Look how shapely you are! way to go you! Looking great!

GainingWeightInLa
04-05-2011, 09:27 AM
LLBold, that's a GREAT idea about the cupcakes! Thanks!!

Larry, thanks! :) I'm so glad your loss stuck! I figured it would. AMAZING accomplishment at Golden Corral!! You SHOULD be very proud of yourself!!

shells, you look AWESOME!!! I envy your height! You're only about 15 lbs lighter than me, but you are a LOT thinner because of your height. I hate being short! :lol: I would wear those shorts out JUST LIKE they fit you. They don't look overly tight to me. I wore some capris out yesterday that fit about like that. I think you should do a before and after pic so we can compare how much you've lost!

Weigh in is today. Makes me sad when I know I'm not expecting much because I haven't given it my all the previous week. :( But it was a good weekend, so I guess maybe it was worth it. My friend may not be going with me tonight....she has a funeral to go to this afternoon. I'm going anyway! :D And hoping for the best!

Yesterday, I planted flowers in my flowerbeds, did SEVERAL loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded and put away), cleaned BOTH my kids rooms, made my husband his favorite (spaghetti) because he had had a rotten day, washed baseboards (hadn't done that since we moved in...they were GROSS!!), cleaned off and swept the back porch (it had accumulated JUNK since we moved in).....plus just did some general straightening and other miscellaneous cleaning.....my legs are sore from planting flowers today!! They usually are after I do my first gardening work in the spring. It's a GOOD feeling though! :D

Gotta get ready for work.....bbl!! :)

Hope everyone has a completely ON TARGET day!!!

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Diana(LA)--Wow, you're one busy lady! I've been soooo lazy with housework lately. :o I just don't wanna! :lol: Thanks for the kind words. I've always wished that I was short and petite. Often, I feel like an Amazon compared to my friends and my weight will never be 125. But, I'm starting to see the benefits of being tall and embracing it. And, sure, I'll do a before and after once I finish personals. :)

Thanks, Berry and Lindsey! I don't think I could ever be a stick, but that's ok, right? A girl needs to have some curves. :devil:

Berry--Congrats on the .2! The taco salad sounds delish. :drool:

Lindsey--We're going to Walt Disney World for 8 days without the kids!! This will be our first real vacation since we were married 10 years ago. It was only fitting we'd go back to our honeymoon spot. ;)

Roadbikerchick--That bike ride club sounds like a lot of fun. I think I'd probably be more of a biker than a runner.

Diana--Sorry for the lack of sleep, but yay for TOM being short this month. Did you get that new scent you were thinking about? My dh ended up buying Farenheit on a whim and at first, I hated it! But, after he wore it for a while, it went really well with his body chemistry and it changed. Whew...because it was expensive! He's still very much in love with the Escada. I wore it on Sunday and he walked into the livingroom and said "WOW, you smell SO GOOD!!". I guess he does really like it. :D

Sum--My dh texts from his phone and the predictive text mess ups really make me laugh. :lol:

Larry--Those veggies are making me :drool:. Awesome choices!

Kids are fighting...be right back...

LLBoldAsLove87
04-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Shells... you're looking great!

____

Down .2 to 122.6 ... I'm starting to feel spoiled by the scale!

Dragging a bit this morning... I just drank some coffee and it made me feel jittery but no less tired. :-( I'm seriously considering skipping my 1pm and taking a nap. Law school is done 1 month from today... weird!

I'm going back to the running store this AM... the running shoes I got are a HUGE improvement, but I realized on the treadmill yesterday that my feet don't match! My left foot is perfectly stabilized now, but my right is still overpronating a bit. I read online that it is better to overstabilize one foot than to let the other overpronate, so I'm going to the running store to get some advice and probably some insoles.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Upcoming engagements:

1. Tomorrow evening dinner out at this restaurant http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/ with one my husband's bosses and his former boss and our friends from Ontario, Canada. This one I think I have covered on what to wear and eat.

2. This Saturday I am going to a wine tasting and gourmet dessert party with several close friends. I'm providing one of the desserts. I have no idea what I will eat or drink! I guess diet soda or tea and come full and a bag with some healthy snack alternatives?

3. On Mother's Day I'm giving a presentation at our local Ethical Society where I'm a member. Now, I've given one presentation every year, but I have NO IDEA what to wear. I'll probably be 5-8 pounds less than I am now and can't get by with winter attire. Yet, buying a new 'dress up' outfit for maybe wearing something ONE TIME doesn't seem smart either. Suggestions there?

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Lindsey--We're going to Walt Disney World for 8 days without the kids!! This will be our first real vacation since we were married 10 years ago. It was only fitting we'd go back to our honeymoon spot. ;)

Awesome!! :D I love Disney!!! You're giving me and idea...I think we need to plan a vacation, haven't been on one since our honeymoon. :lol:

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 10:45 AM

:D:D:D

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Ok, I've added some pics for comparisons. Most of you guy have seen the before. Please excuse the hair in the picture with my ds...it was a bad hair day. :lol:

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
3. On Mother's Day I'm giving a presentation at our local Ethical Society where I'm a member. Now, I've given one presentation every year, but I have NO IDEA what to wear. I'll probably be 5-8 pounds less than I am now and can't get by with winter attire. Yet, buying a new 'dress up' outfit for maybe wearing something ONE TIME doesn't seem smart either. Suggestions there?

I would look into a consignment shop or something. When I was needing "in between" clothes I picked some things up at a consignment shop. I didn't want to go out and buy new duds only to wear them for a month or in your case, for one time. That's my best suggestion.

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Ok, I've added some pics for comparisons. Most of you guy have seen the before. Please excuse the hair in the picture with my ds...it was a bad hair day. :lol:

DANG! Hot mama!!!! You look fabulous!!!!! :D

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Berry--I'd go bargain shopping. There are some great sales on dresses in the $30 range. Could you get something nice that can be worn again? Then, there are also the consignment shops. Maybe there's something nice there?

Lindsey--You definitely should!! Go go!

Vixsin
04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
HOLY COW Shells!!!!!:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame: Hot Mama!!!

The scale was good to me today. Down 1.4 to 200.4. Good scale. LOL It's nice to see the water weight from the weekend go away. I am sore from yesterday's workout, and achy from sleep, so I'm confident that there is more water weight to disappear soon. :)

Going to dinner with my super healthy friends tonight. LOVE IT!!! My kashi pizza people! Woo hoo! I'm so excited.

Might do a little strength work tonight. Or maybe some Yoga. I can't decide. LOL

Sum: No, I haven't been to the doc about my hip. It's getting better, it's just a sloe process. The workout yesterday didn't irritate it too much, so I feel good about keeping it with the elliptical for a while. I'll get back to running again. I loved it far too much NOT to.

mamakat
04-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Just a quick stop in. I wanted to let you all know that although he can be insensitive DH is trying. He's been going to a class every week for family members of Bipolar. He realized the mistake of just dropping the bomb on me like that. The only thing is once I'm in a depression or mania I can't just snap out of it. And like an idiot, I did not call the doctor yesterday. However, I did this morning after blacking out last night.

I ended up eating everything I could get my hands on yesterday. Luckily there wasn't anything gross on the floor while I was picking things up because I guarantee I would have eaten that too. I was out to destroy myself yesterday and I did a grand job at it. I see the doctor in 2 hours so I was thinking of working out before hand. I'm just not in the least motivated. I'm sort of worried I'll be hospitalized and right now my husband is on a plane across country. And as I've mentioned before I haven't any friends or family so I'm scared.

I'm getting sick of being scared all the time. Ok, I'm going to my bike and I'm going to ride 8 miles. I won't have time for weights. I wish you all a happy and healthy day.
Kat

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM

You can barely tell it's teh same woman! I bet your husband can't keep his hands off of you! (remember how more babies get here!)

Are you feeling sexy again? You look it!

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Berry--I'd go bargain shopping. There are some great sales on dresses in the $30 range. Could you get something nice that can be worn again? Then, there are also the consignment shops. Maybe there's something nice there?

Lindsey--You definitely should!! Go go!

You know what the bigger question mark is? I'm inbetween sizes. I would go the size smaller, but then be afraid it would be too tight. I guess I should wait until closer to Mother's Day to worry about it. Ijust want to look nice. it will be mother's day and after losing 35 or so pounds, I want to feel good about what I wear and how I look. I already told DH that after the platform talk I want to go to our favorite Indian restaurant for lunch. I can find great low carb foods and can eat my big meal for the day midday. I'm quite proud of myself for finding the balance of food this time around.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I would look into a consignment shop or something. When I was needing "in between" clothes I picked some things up at a consignment shop. I didn't want to go out and buy new duds only to wear them for a month or in your case, for one time. That's my best suggestion.

That's what I've been trying to do, but it's hard to find consigned clothes in the 16W-18 size. It's either super matronly or cheap looking or nothing in my size. I'll keep trying. I have a month to figure it out. I'll look through my closet one more time too. Maybe there's something hiding from my 'thinner' days I've saved that will work. I do have one summer weight dress, but a skirt and shirt and jacket is better for a formal presentation than a summery dress.

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Awww, thanks guys! Y'all are making me :o. I still look at the pictures and see what needs to worked on. But, I guess we all do that no matter what weight we are, huh?

Vixsin--Glad to hear that pesky water weight is leaving and that your hip is getting better. Take care of yourself! :hug:

Mamakat--Hang in there, sweetie! It will get better. :hug:

Berry--My husband is driving me batty!! :lol: But, I do appreciate the attention. ;) And, yes, after five pregnancies, I think I've finally figured it out. We now separate our toothbrushes. :D
Honestly? I feel a little better about myself. But, I still see so many flaws (I'm SUCH a perfectionist). I'm trying to embrace who I am now, so any more improvements will just be a bonus. As for the dress, how about buying the smaller size and if for some reason it's too tight, you can buy those undergarments that suck everything in. However, I bet the smaller size will fit you perfectly. :)

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I'll be back for personals later. .2 drop,

Berry Congrats on the .2!

Sum38
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Shells....you are hot!!!!! I envy your height. I married a tall man to have bigger kids. DD is almost 5'8" and son will be very very tall. I am a petite build ---- underneath :lol: I hate being 5'3".....nothing really looks great on me :( so enjoy your beautiful frame!!!!!

Berry....lane bryant had some great dress/jacket combos for $50. They were elegant.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:02 PM

Shells Congrats on the new low! The shorts look great and I don't think they are too tight!

I say put your new Summer perfume on, your Bermuda shorts, tank top, flip flops and go outside in the snow. Then proclaim, where the whole world can hear it, that it's Spring! and you've had enough of Winter! :lol:

surfergirl2
04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Good morning everyone! Whew, made it through yesterday with 2000 calories. I was kind of panicking in the morning yesterday because i was PMSing and therefore super hungry...ate like 1400 of my calories by noon and still wanted more, and was flipping out thinking "i'll never be able to do this" and was posting all over this forum about how much i wished i could binge. Luckily that passed and i actually stayed within my calories.

I have noticed that even on normal days, i tend to eat most of my calories in the morning. I often get worried because my eating is almost out of control in the mornings, i'm so hungry. But it seems to work for me, because i'm a lot less hungry at night. So i decided i just need some structure. So here is my plan: 700 cal. for breakfast, 300 for snack at 10:00, 400 for lunch at 12:30, 200 for snack at 3:00, and 400 for dinner. That will work for now but i think i eventually need to save more calories for dinner, if i ever want to go out with friends or go on dates or whatever.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Woo hoo, some water weight is gone!

Lindsey I'm glad the water is subsiding. ;) How are the little ones doing? Have a great day, hon. :hug:

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Weigh in is today. Makes me sad when I know I'm not expecting much because I haven't given it my all the previous week. :(

Diana(LA) You probably did better than you think. Let us know how it goes. :hug:

L R K
04-05-2011, 12:08 PM

Holy Moly! Shells you look fabulous!!! :D

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Diana--Sorry for the lack of sleep, but yay for TOM being short this month. Did you get that new scent you were thinking about? My dh ended up buying Farenheit on a whim and at first, I hated it! But, after he wore it for a while, it went really well with his body chemistry and it changed. Whew...because it was expensive! He's still very much in love with the Escada. I wore it on Sunday and he walked into the livingroom and said "WOW, you smell SO GOOD!!". I guess he does really like it. :D

Shells This weekend I ordered Bobbi Brown Beach and another new lip gloss from Sephora. I also bought a pair of jean capri's. :o :lol: Do you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx there? Sometimes you can find some really good fragrances there and they are a very good price. Every year Escada comes out with new Summer fragrance. I always see them but don't think much about it because I'm never in the mood for Summer. I think I am going to plan to buy their new Summer scent every year. It will be a fun tradition to get into.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:15 PM

LLBoldAsLove Congratulations on the .2!

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Shells & Lindsey & anyone else in the know How do you find out about good deals when going to Disney? I have never gone before. I would like to go in the Winter during the Christmas/New Year holdiday time. I am probably more interested in Epcot. Is Animal Kingdom there? :o

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:18 PM

Shells You are a very beautiful woman.

L R K
04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the better back wishes ladies! You all make it seem better :hug:

I got A LOT of sleep last night! Was in bed by 10, alseep by 10:30 and then slept through my alarm and got up just after 8am this morning. My back feels a lot better when I get proper rest so I am thankful for all the sleep.

I can see that my day is going to be a lot better today, a nice OP day :)

Here is the plan Tues 4/5/2011

B - 2 slices multi-grain toast w/ peanut butter + 1 choc.soy pudding + banana

L - 1 cup barley casserole + 1 cup raw broccol & 5 low-sodium Triscuits w/ hummus

S - 1 apple

D - Red Raddish Tabolueh

Drinking: At least 2L water + 1 pepsi

No exercise - have a physio this afternoon

Have a good day Ladies & Larry :wave:

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:20 PM
The scale was good to me today. Down 1.4 to 200.4.

Vixsin Congratulations and Great job! I hope your hip gets to feeling better.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 12:24 PM
MamaKat I hope today is a better day for you. Hang in there. :hug:

Surfergirl Great job planning and for staying in your calorie range.

Lauren I'm glad you got some sleep last night and your back seems better. :hug:

shellsbrood
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Diana--I'm glad you asked. :D Mousesavers is a great way to keep an eye on deals and such for Disney World. I also frequent a forum called WDWMagic. They have lots of tips and tricks to share. This time, I booked through Disney's website, because they were offering free dining and the hotels were discounted. Walt Disney World has four parks: The Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios. So, Epcot and Animal Kingdom are separate.
And, yes, we have a TJMaxx here, but all their scents are sealed. They won't let anyone test them, because other customers might be allergic. I looked to see what they had, but nothing looked familiar to me. But, I have been keeping an eye on that section! Well, most sections in TJ Maxx really....I LOVE that store! And, great finds, btw. I love that I have a shopping buddy on here. ;)

Lauren--I'm so glad to hear that you finally got some good sleep! You needed that badly!

surfergirl2--That's an amazing accomplishment! You fought off the binge and stayed in your calories. Awesome job! :carrot:

Sum--Aw, thanks. :^: I guess I always thought that with petite girls, everything looked good on them. Shirts are always too short or pants too short on me. I also rarely wear heels...especially, because Dh is 5'8 1/2. Yep, he's a half inch shorter than me. :lol: But, I love heels! They look so pretty! My 8 year old is getting really tall too. She's just about at arm pit level and she's all legs. It brings back a lot of memories for me about people commenting on how tall I was. I hated it and would walk with a slouch so I looked shorter. It used to drive my mom batty!

Ok, time for some lunch. Have a great day everyone. :)

stacygee
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Shells- you are really so beautiful. What an amazing journey you showed us in your pictures!

Diana: I know there are great deals on Disney out there... but we haven't been yet so I can't help you there.

I miss Jo today... almost everyone checked in except Jo. Is she gone for 1 week or two?

Berry- the whole clothes thing is actually starting to get frustrating. I have been buying a couple of outfits every 20-25 pounds... but now it is almost like I wear them once maybe twice and I need others already. I know I could do the resale... but I really am proud of myself and enjoy the shopping... but it is becoming a drain on my family. Right now I had to order a size smaller sports bra and I order three at 54 dollars each. I ned exercise pants. I haven't replaced those in 50 pounds. They are literally coming off me as I workout. But I really LOVE the Lucy pants and they are 98 dollars each. OHHH- enough about me.... what have you figured out for your events?

I really need to start cleaning the house. I am having maid service tomorrow so I have to have everything "picked up." I guess I'll go work for an hour or so then take another 3FC break!

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I miss Jo today... almost everyone checked in except Jo. Is she gone for 1 week or two?

I was thinking about Jo today, too. I hope she is having a great time. We have never taken a vacation like that because of my weight. I am so glad she is doing something fun like that and has wonderful memories from her vacation.

Pint Sized Terror
04-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Roadbikerchick, thanks so much for the encouragement. I tend to go too far either direction with my food. When I do hit that "sweet spot" it's very hard for me to STAY there. I start losing weight and then for some reason I slack off. I swear, it's like I have some mental block. :o Totally frustrating.

Yesterday was a good on plan day. I had a total of 1198 calories, in addition to moving my living room around and cleaning. I have a lot more to go today, soooooo I'll be doing even more cleaning today.

Today so far I've eaten 716 calories. I woke up VERY hungry, probably from the lower calories yesterday, so I had a bigger-than-planned breakfast of a tortilla, 2 egg whites and a whole egg, 1 slice of cheese, 1 Tbsp of low-cal mayo and some salsa. It was so satisfying that by the time lunch rolled around, I was content to eat a light lunch. It's after 2 now and I'm still very content. I know it's still way early to decide if this is exactly why, but I think I actually FEEL better with more protein and fewer carbs. Yesterday I didn't have the end-of-night munchies like I normally did, despite having eaten a good 400 calories LESS than I had been. We'll see how today goes.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Shells Thanks for the info. I will check it out. When did you say you were going to Disney? It looks like I am going to get my Sephora shipment tomorrow. I requested a couple new fragrance samples. One of them is the new Jennifer Aniston fragrance
http://sephoria.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P282800&categoryId=B70
The other one is Boyfriend
http://sephoria.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P282103&categoryId=B70
Here's the description:
She inhales his shirt, taking in the scent of the man she loves. It lingers on her clothes, her sheets, her hair—all over. Imprinted on her body and in her mind, it radiates within her, filling her with feelings of warmth and desire.

Actress Kate Walsh wanted to capture the scent of a guy on a girl: a man's cologne mixed with perfume, the smell that lingers on the skin. This fragrance evokes memories of that time after he has left for the day—when she gently awakes in a bed that's still warmly redolent of "boyfriend."

An alluring balance of vanilla, jasmine blossoms, and an accord of amber is set against the sensual scents of a man, including a light musk and a shimmer of fresh woods.

I will let you know my thoughts on these when I try them. My goal is to use up some of my fragrances by the end of the Summer! :lol: I guess I need to stop buying, right? :dunno:

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Pint Congrats on having a great, on plan day, yesterday!

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Lindsey I'm glad the water is subsiding. ;) How are the little ones doing? Have a great day, hon. :hug:

Me too! The little ones are doing ok. The littlest (min pin) is having some troubles with arthritis. Poor baby will sleep funny and get up feeling stiff and wimper, so momma has been busting out the heating pad on her! She likes it. ;) The bigger one is doing ok, always on my last nerve it seems like. She likes DH and seems to listen to him...me, it's another story. :dizzy: Thanks Diana! How is Sir Magnum? Hope you have a great day too! :hug:

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Shells & Lindsey & anyone else in the know How do you find out about good deals when going to Disney? I have never gone before. I would like to go in the Winter during the Christmas/New Year holdiday time. I am probably more interested in Epcot. Is Animal Kingdom there? :o

I went as a kid a few times...haven't been in probably 10 years. Epcot is awesome, yes Animal Kingdom is there...pretty neat. I would google Disney deals and check it out. I'm not sure of a specific place/website to get them.

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 02:40 PM
It's after 2 now and I'm still very content. I know it's still way early to decide if this is exactly why, but I think I actually FEEL better with more protein and fewer carbs. Yesterday I didn't have the end-of-night munchies like I normally did, despite having eaten a good 400 calories LESS than I had been. We'll see how today goes.

Go Pint Go! :carrot:

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Shells - DH and I were talking about going on a Caribbean cruise later this year! :D We'll see... :crossed:

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Well, I just went shopping and finally, finally, I'm beginning to be able to look in the 'regular' sizes. It's kind of the best of both worlds. I can look in the plus sizes or the regular sizes.

I didn't find any 18W pants or dresses, but then looked at 16s. And I found two cute dresses and a pair of pants. And they fit! The one 16 dress is a tad snug, a TINY tad - like 5 lbs and it will fit perfect and it is sooooo me. The other fits now and I got it 'just in case' the other doesn't fit. The thing is - both are sleeveless and my arms are big, but when I put little sweaters over them, they covered up too much. I'll have to figure it out. I tried on 4 pairs of size 16 and 16W pants and they all fit, but didn't all look nice. I bought one pair of 16s from Calvin Klein, so I can retire my baggy jeans I just bought 2 months ago (used).

I know I'll probably return the one dress, but I wanted to have my bases covered and for $30 for one and $18 for the other, I couldn't go wrong. (At Marshall's).

I still have so much farther to go, but I love seeing I have a figure again!

Oh, I tried on one 20 and it was swimming on me.... 4 months ago it probably would have been too tight.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Berry I forgot to mention. Last weekend I was at Target. They had some really cute separates (sleeveless dresses and cardigans). Did you get a chance to go to Target?

stacygee
04-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Sounds like you had a great shoppig trip, Berry. Glad you found something!

Diana: YOU are TOTALLy due for a great vacation. You've earned it!

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Shells - DH and I were talking about going on a Caribbean cruise later this year! :D We'll see... :crossed:

I would love to go on a cruise. Have you ever went on a cruise. I have always had confidence issues with wearing shorts and swim suites, etc in public. I always feel like I would be the person wearing the most clothes. :lol:

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Diana: YOU are TOTALLy due for a great vacation. You've earned it!

Stacy I'm working on my confidence in public. :lol: The weekend before last I actually wore Bermuda's. :lol: Baby steps!

If it were just me and DH, I would be OK. The funny thing is before DH and I got married, we used to go out in the boat. I would wear a very modest 2 piece, shorts w/bikini top.

Now I feel like my body is ruined from the loose skin. I think I am seeing some improvement/changes, though. Maybe there is still hope. :dunno:

Sum38
04-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I want a vacation :) My vacation was to feed 3 boys and nurse them to health...lol

I am feeling really rundown today. I have been just sitting and reading a book, and I killed 600 calories worth licorice :eek:

I desperately needed a rest day.

A friend of mine is going in for an open heart surgery, this is her third one. She was born with a heart condition. I need to get my butt in gear to make a few meals for her family.

LLBoldAsLove87
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Stacey... I need to get some new workout clothes as well! Yesterday at the campus gym, I threw off my long-sleeved t-shirt and ran in my sports bra because I was getting hot on the treadmill... and after I got off I realized my medium soffee shorts had gotten big enough that a tiny bit of my (hot pink) underwear were showing from the front of them! I was so embarrassed.

Berry... I love Marshalls! My girlfriends call me the "TJMaxx Queen" ... all of those bargain stores make up most of my wardrobe! I have bit of obsession with dresses ... if I'm in jeans I'm in a t-shirt, I have no "cute" tops at all... but a MILLION dresses (mainly from Marshalls, TJ, etc.) stuffed in my closet.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Lacey I love those two stores too. Better quality pieces for lower prices.

Stacy Do you need more than one pair of workout pants? most gals I know who do home fitness recycle their clothes to wear several days in a row. Pant especially don't get smelly. Let them dry if they get wet and start again the next day.

Diana3271 I haven't been to Target, but most things I've bought from there I haven't been satisfied with, so I'm a bit shy of the store for clothing.

Ok, I just tried on the two dresses at home and the pants and shirt. The one dress is too tight. I need those 8 lbs or so to have it fit and then it will be CUTE! That one was only $17, so I'm keeping it even if I don't use it for this talk. I adore it. The other one... eh... it fits fine, but I have a 16 in my closet that fits the same so I should just wear the old one as my husband is DYING for me to be able to wear it again.

The 16 pants fit perfect as does the 1X top (XLs do too). I'll wear those tomorrow for the dinner date. I just NEED to have clothes that fit and EVERYTHING I have right now is too big and it makes me feel frumpy. The pants were on clearance - $80 marked down to $30 and I like the cut.

Then, Just to see, I tried on my 18W linen pants and a breezy top I usually wear with it. Last summer they were a tad too tight. I could wear it, but uncomfortably. Now the shirt hangs on me and the pants look like clown pants. No way. I look ridiculous.

It's interesting as I haven't lost that many inches - 2.5 from chest and hips and 4.5 from the waist (well, probably more, but I didn't measure myself the first 3 weeks I started this as I didn't have a tape measure). But, I'm definitely getting smaller. I was able to wear 14s around 205 last time I lost, so I can't wait to get there!!!

rachel2writer
04-05-2011, 04:53 PM
I had to have a chat with myself and refocus my efforts. I wasn't putting 100% into my effort, and it resulted in a scale that didn't want to move. I'm feeling much more positive today! I've eaten on plan, exercised Sunday and Monday (and will tonight). I also bought myself a new dress at Ross this weekend.

:-)

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Rachel Great job! I have those talks with myself, too, sometimes. It seems to put things into perspective.

stacygee
04-05-2011, 06:07 PM
LLBold! LOL! I would hate it if that happened!

Berry: I never considered wearing my pants without washing them. I work out at the gym and I get so sweaty I don't think I could do it... although I have been re-wearing my sports bras. I do hang those up. I think I am going to order 2 more and have three and just wash mid-week.

Rachel: new clothes motivate me~

jendiet
04-05-2011, 06:38 PM
ugh, i'm here, but having massive indigestion issues Had them yesterday too.

well, despite wondering if my greenhouse was going to blow away with the storm, it was awful, and between that and SO snoring, and his beeper (firefighter) going off, i got NIL sleep.

But God is good! My greenhouse didn't go anywhere despite the straight line winds, and i made the 99 percentile on my RN COMP. What really made me feel good is i saw a number that said PASS NCLEX FIRST ATTEMPT 99% i will just poop myself if I pass that NCLEX that easily!

i started crying when i saw i made the 82 that got me to the 99%! Thank you Lord! i feel REALLY BUMMED for my friend who didn't make the score for the RN comp, I TRIED to temper my excitement with consolation for her. she was crying. omg, i'm so GLAD THAT TEST is over.

now, my stomach needs to figure out what it wants, i seriously feel like ralphing because the discomfort is so bad, but i just ate! And i can't breathe because of all the gas.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Stacy You have to do what you have to do. If you have the money to do it or can budget it in, then it's a priority. I workout at home so no one sees me and I workout in a cold basement and don't get all that sweaty (my tops yes, bottoms, no). I have two pants and that's it.

I didn't think clothes were motivators for me, until I found that darling dress today. It's this cut, but black and white with a fuschia/purple trim around the hem and neckline. It's so refreshing and light and fits my body so well - if I lost about 8 pounds it will zip all the way without a struggle. http://www.aftershockplc.com/Womens-Mini-Dresses/amanda-mini-dress?SID=4d9b99b10b0b7991

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I would love to go on a cruise. Have you ever went on a cruise. I have always had confidence issues with wearing shorts and swim suites, etc in public. I always feel like I would be the person wearing the most clothes. :lol:

I would be that person too! :lol: I hate getting into a swimsuit!!! :eek: I went on a cruise when I was 14 or 15, actually a Disney cruise with my family after we visited Disney World. My brother was sick and rec'd a Make A Wish and chose to take the family to Disney then on a cruise. We went to the Bahamas! :beach: It was nice! DH and I would love to go on a Mediterranean cruise! :cloud9:

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 06:45 PM

B – ½ c. egg beaters, oatmeal w/milk (250)
S – yogurt 80
L – spaghetti squash w/meat sauce 400
S – banana 100
D – ½ garlic cheddar chicken 200, rice 220, steamed cauliflower 50 (470)
S – grapes 50, 1 chocolate truffle (100)
1400 cals
25 minutes Pilates, 1 hour Tennis (-394 cals)
1006 net cals (1094 cal deficit)

TooManyDimples
04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd stop in for a minute and say hi. I've been in a blah kind of mood the last few days. I'm completely on plan and getting my exercise in, I'm just kind of grumpy though. The weather keeps going back and forth. Lovely one day, cold and wet the next. Maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Sum38
04-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Kim,
That is how I feel.....I am so tired of winter. Snow today made me totally feeling bummed out.....I so wish I had gone to Florida this week. My boss has a condo there that I can use any time....I need sun!!!!

Sum38
04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Ok. I will stop posting for awhile. I am feeling so down with this weater and the fact how ever hard I try my scale won't go down.

I will be back when I can be a more upbeat.

Sorry that I was such drab!

roadbikerchick
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Hi, all!

Oooh, Shells, look at you! You look great!! "We now separate our toothbrushes." :lol::lol::lol:

Kat: Glad you’ve called the dr., and glad you’ve checked in. Hug for you:hug:
Berry: I’d love to see pics of your dresses. I followed the link and the cut is very pretty. Apparently this forum is full of red hot mamas!!!:devil:

Diana3271: Glad to hear about the baby steps. I think we’re all hardest on ourselves. :(

Kristina: hope you get a real vacation soon! :cool:
Jendiet: Congratulations on your comps! :carrot::carrot::carrot: That’s so great. Indigestion can be such a pain – I had it bad when I was pregnant with twins. :(

LindsayLou: congrats on the OP day. :carrot:
TooMany: weather here has been yucky, too. Warms up very briefly, then gets cold and cloudy again. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling good, but way to go on the OP days.:carrot:

So, I added up my calories after supper and came in at 1900 calories exactly! :o I still need to work out - it's way too cold hear to ride outside tonight.

Cya later.

stacygee
04-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Oh Berry- I love that dress! So pretty!

--------------

My calories came in at 1344 today~ YAH! And my NET carbs were a whopping 23! Can you believe that? I couldn't. I did go over on Fat by about 11g... but I had a salad at a a BBQ place and they put a TON of cheese on it. But, I'm happy and full and it was good!

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd stop in for a minute and say hi. I've been in a blah kind of mood the last few days. I'm completely on plan and getting my exercise in, I'm just kind of grumpy though. The weather keeps going back and forth. Lovely one day, cold and wet the next. Maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Gee you must live where I live. What a blah spring so far!

LindseyLou
04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
My calories came in at 1344 today~ YAH! And my NET carbs were a whopping 23! Can you believe that? I couldn't. I did go over on Fat by about 11g... but I had a salad at a a BBQ place and they put a TON of cheese on it. But, I'm happy and full and it was good!

23?! How did you manage that? Wow!

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
ugh, i'm here, but having massive indigestion issues Had them yesterday too.

well, despite wondering if my greenhouse was going to blow away with the storm, it was awful, and between that and SO snoring, and his beeper (firefighter) going off, i got NIL sleep.

But God is good! My greenhouse didn't go anywhere despite the straight line winds, and i made the 99 percentile on my RN COMP. What really made me feel good is i saw a number that said PASS NCLEX FIRST ATTEMPT 99% i will just poop myself if I pass that NCLEX that easily!

i started crying when i saw i made the 82 that got me to the 99%! Thank you Lord! i feel REALLY BUMMED for my friend who didn't make the score for the RN comp, I TRIED to temper my excitement with consolation for her. she was crying. omg, i'm so GLAD THAT TEST is over.

now, my stomach needs to figure out what it wants, i seriously feel like ralphing because the discomfort is so bad, but i just ate! And i can't breathe because of all the gas.

Yay you!!! That is a fantastic result! I'm sorry your friend didn't pass along with you, but that's her problem, not yours!

Sorry about the indigestion though. I had that too late in pregnancy. It just means your baby is getting big and ready for this world.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Ok. I will stop posting for awhile. I am feeling so down with this weater and the fact how ever hard I try my scale won't go down.

I will be back when I can be a more upbeat.

Sorry that I was such drab!

Don't you dare stop posting just because you are struggling. You can't be everyone's cheerleader and then feel bad when you need the cheering up! You are getting there and putting forth a lot of effort. Every step makes a difference. Just remember that.

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Berry: I’d love to see pics of your dresses. I followed the link and the cut is very pretty. Apparently this forum is full of red hot mamas!!!:devil:

Indigestion can be such a pain – I had it bad when I was pregnant with twins. :(

So, I added up my calories after supper and came in at 1900 calories exactly! :o I still need to work out - it's way too cold hear to ride outside tonight.

Twins? I don't know how women survive their infancy. Wow! You earned your mommy badge!

And well, I'm not a red hot mama, I'm a chubby gal, but that dress is very flattering. It's a black white floral... very elegant (I think) yet fun and flirty.

Have a good workout!

stacygee
04-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Sum! Please don't stop posting.... we are supposed to be here to help you... please let us. Berry is right... you have supported all of us... give us the chance to help you back. Please.

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Jen Congratulations! You did a great job on that exam! I'm glad your greenhouse didn't blow away. I kept getting woke up from the storms last night. I am going to try to get to bed early tonight. ;)

Berry That's a really pretty dress.

Dimples Hi :wave: I'm glad you checked in.

Sum Aww, you weren't drab. :hug: Hang in there.

Roadbikerchick I agree that we are harder on ourselves. Something for me to work on. ;) Did you get that workout in?

Diana3271
04-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Total Approx 1490 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Shared salad 150 calories
New York Strip 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
My daily accountability

Breakfast: 300

Protein Shake: 150
Atkins Fudge peanut butter crisp bar: 150

Lunch: 465

Gala apple: 100
3 tablespoons Jif PB: 285
Hummus, 2 tablespoons: 50
baby carrots, 1/2 cup: 30

Snack: 130

Atkins caramel nut bar: 130

Dinner: 318

Stuffed Green pepper with organic ground beef, onions and quinoa in a tomato sauce

Total for today: 1223

Exercise: Gilad Beginner Aerobics and strength training (55 minutes): -479

Net calories: 744

Net carbs: 69

still
04-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a good on plan day for me. Calories came in at 1388 for the day, and I forced myself to do a half hour on the stationary bike. Not great in terms of heart rate, I think, but I did break a sweat and it got my body moving. That's enough for me today. Now I'm just drinking some chamomile tea, catching up with you guys, and getting ready for bed.

shells- Your pics are fabulous! You look fantastic! Way to go!
mamakat- how did the doctor appointment go? Thinking of you.
Diana3271- About Disney, we are going this year, in November. It will be our first time as a family. I got a great deal following the advice of some people on my favorite Disney board, DISboards. They said to go to the website and sign up for a free Disney vacation planning DVD, and also to create a free account and start playing around with trip itineraries. This flags you sometimes for special Disney emails with PIN numbers that get you discounts on rooms, packages, dining, etc. Not everyone gets a PIN, but we were lucky. We also read Mousesavers.
berry- The dress you posted is gorgeous.
Sum- This sounds like a hard time for you right now. You have a lot on your plate. Stick with it, and stick with us, and it'll get better!
jen- congrats on your test! That's awesome!
Hi to everyone I missed, and hope you all had a fabulous day!

jendiet
04-05-2011, 10:27 PM
omg, still not fresh enough to do personals, my body needs to let me sleep!

thanks for the congrats!

bikerchick, i know you know the pains of pregnancy going through it twice as bad with your twins.

Diana, get some good rest tonight

Berry, i love that dress, please post a pic of you in it!

everyone else, will catch up tomorrow!

got clinicals in the ER in the am.

Pint Sized Terror
04-05-2011, 11:07 PM
I screwed up this evening. I ended up scarfing down a bunch of those deep fried bake in the oven appetizers that dh made. Mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers... Ugh. The whole time I was shoving them in my mouth, I was arguing with my dh over stupid stuff, like how he'll promise to do something then won't, totally not worth getting THAT spun up over. I knew I was frustrated, but he just kept blowing me off, saying he will do things in his own time. For me, that meant, "It doesn't matter if you need my help. It doesn't matter if I've left a disgusting mess. You will live with it until I feel like taking care of it or you get tired of looking at it and do it yourself." I usually end up cleaning it up. This is a huge deal to me, because he will cut veggies or even MEAT and just leave it out on the counter or (more often) in the freaking sink. This happens usually after I go to bed. He'll want a midnight snack and leave the mess. Last time it was raw chicken scraps (bones, livers etc... from a WHOLE chicken he started making after I went to bed) that he had piled dishes on top of. I woke up the next morning to find all the dishes. I was super busy, so he said he'd take care of it. I came home that evening to find this NASTY smell. I had no idea about the chicken, so when I went to grab dishes out of the sink I went wrist deep in... yeah. I got upset and told him to clean it up, he said he would, I took a shower and went to bed only to wake up to the same disgusting mess the next day. When I told him how frustrating (and utterly disgusting and repulsive) it was, he blew me off. Hence the argument. So I KNOW why I ate like that. They were there and I was frustrated with (seemingly) no other outlet immediately handy. I swear, it was like I was just trying to shove food in my mouth so I wouldn't say something MEAN and out of anger. UGH. Next time I'm going to try to remember I have a WORKOUT MACHINE in the other room to vent my frustrations on. :o

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Ok, these TOTALLLLLY don't do the dress justice as they are flat and not 'filled out". But here is the dress hanging on a hanger and a close up of the pattern. Same fit/style as the one I linked.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/dress2.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/printofdress.jpg

Pint Sized Terror
04-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Berry, that dress is GORGEOUS!!! :whoo:

berryblondeboys
04-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Pint that is unbelievably disgusting and frustrating. Yuck! And I'm not even the greatest housekeeper in the world and that would be too much for me. I'm sort of anal about the kitchen surfaces and organization.

I don't know what I would do in your place, butni sure wouldn't
Clean it up and I would probably refuse to eat any food he prepared in the kitchen until it was cleaned up either. Or maybe ban him from the kitchen until he learns to clean up properly?

Hugs to you. You are trying so hard to make this all work and it doesn't seems he's even meetingnyou a third of the way.

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! :dance:

Still Great job on the on plan day! Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Jen Good luck on your clinicals today.

Pint Sorry about the rough day.

Berry Wow! That dress is really pretty. Did you decide on shoes?

berryblondeboys
04-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Diana3271 Good morning!!! I hope you have a great day! And you know, we still would love to 'see you' in one of your hot new outfits! You've worked hard for this body and should be proud of it!

For me, the taco seasoning weight is gone! Woohoo! Down 1.6 this morning.

Last night's Gilad for beginners was great. I hate that everything i 'do' is beginners but if it gets my heart up there, it's doing what it needs to do. I could do everything except for some of his butt toning exercises at the end, but all the abs stuff, arm stuff and leg stuff. Good stuff! :-)

Larry H
04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
I screwed up this evening. I ended up scarfing down a bunch of those deep fried bake in the oven appetizers that dh made. Mozzarella sticks, jalapeno poppers... Ugh. The whole time I was shoving them in my mouth, I was arguing with my dh over stupid stuff, like how he'll promise to do something then won't, totally not worth getting THAT spun up over. I knew I was frustrated, but he just kept blowing me off, saying he will do things in his own time. For me, that meant, "It doesn't matter if you need my help. It doesn't matter if I've left a disgusting mess. You will live with it until I feel like taking care of it or you get tired of looking at it and do it yourself." I usually end up cleaning it up. This is a huge deal to me, because he will cut veggies or even MEAT and just leave it out on the counter or (more often) in the freaking sink. This happens usually after I go to bed. He'll want a midnight snack and leave the mess. Last time it was raw chicken scraps (bones, livers etc... from a WHOLE chicken he started making after I went to bed) that he had piled dishes on top of. I woke up the next morning to find all the dishes. I was super busy, so he said he'd take care of it. I came home that evening to find this NASTY smell. I had no idea about the chicken, so when I went to grab dishes out of the sink I went wrist deep in... yeah. I got upset and told him to clean it up, he said he would, I took a shower and went to bed only to wake up to the same disgusting mess the next day. When I told him how frustrating (and utterly disgusting and repulsive) it was, he blew me off. Hence the argument. So I KNOW why I ate like that. They were there and I was frustrated with (seemingly) no other outlet immediately handy. I swear, it was like I was just trying to shove food in my mouth so I wouldn't say something MEAN and out of anger. UGH. Next time I'm going to try to remember I have a WORKOUT MACHINE in the other room to vent my frustrations on. :o

Pint,

I understand how you feel, I have been there with my DW, but along the way I have learned that no matter what my spouse does I can choose my reaction to her actions or words.

1. I don't have to join every argument that I am invited to.

2. A resentment is hurting yourself with the hope that someone else will feel the pain.

Larry,

Larry H
04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
[B]

For me, the taco seasoning weight is gone! Woohoo! Down 1.6 this morning.

Wow!! :bravo: Way to go Berry!! :carrot: 1.6 is GREAT:carrot::D:carrot::D

Larry

roadbikerchick
04-06-2011, 08:08 AM
Good morning, everyone! :D

Hope everyone had a great night's sleep, especially you, Jendiet. Baby does make sleep harder. :(

Kristina: I’m with Berry and the others – don’t you dare stop checking in because you’re feeling blah! That’s what we’re here for! :hug:

Berry: That dress is gorgeous! Repeat after me: “I’m a beautiful woman. I’m a beautiful woman.” ;) Glad the taco seasoning weight is gone.:carrot:

Pint: Sooo frustrating, and not okay on his part. I went through similar things with my dh early in our marriage. He’s much better now. Hoping the same for you. :hug:

Diana3271: I’m with Berry, would love to “see” you in one of your new outfits. Thanks for checking up on me about the workout. I didn’t do it. :( I’ve really have to do one today. :o

TooMany: still cheering for you on the binge-free days. That is fantastic!!! :cheer2:

Still: good for you on the OP day. :cb: Don’t you worry about that heartrate – your body is recovering from a lot.

So, for check-in - I’m sooo happy! :woohoo: I had to blink and clear my eyes to make sure I was seeing right. The scale said 140.6 this morning. I haven’t been at this weight since 1987.:carrot: I almost want to take a picture of the scale.

My plan for today is to eat under 1900 calories, and workout for an hour. Skipped yesterday's workout, so I've really gotta do it today.

Have a great day everyone! I'm cheering for you! :cheer2:

Larry H
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Good day yesterday. 1401 calories.

The scale is steady at 255 which is expected after my huge whoosh.

Had no time for exercise which would have made a good day into a great day.
Sun is out today and my yard work is calling my name. The thunderstorm yesterday did not totally trash my property :D:D

Last week I was seen by a VA doctor for disability medical evaluation. She listened a long time to my heart and said that she was scheduling me for an echocardiogram. That test was done yesterday and during it the nurse said I need to get a good picture of this area and then she said you sure have a lot of "TR" I asked what that was. It turns out that I have a heart vlave that is not closing properly and the blood is regurgitating back into the chamber it was just pumped out of. Next week is a followup appointment with my regular cardiologist for my dizzy spells. I am going to discuss what does this "TR" finding mean" with him. He does not get the tests from the VA so until I tell him, he knows nothing about this new condition. I wonder if this is why I get dizzy and feel tired a lot recently?

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere. ~Glenn Turner

Larry,

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Diana3271 And you know, we still would love to 'see you' in one of your hot new outfits! You've worked hard for this body and should be proud of it!

Berry & Roadbikerchick I don't think you were around when I had my camera freakout. At Christmas I bought me a digital camera since I didn't have one. Anyways, DH and my Mom took some pictures of me. They were awful! They literally do not look like me. I am not just saying this. Both DH and my Mom said the same thing. The only pictures that have really turned out for me are the ones in my avatar/profile. In the other ones, I literally look like a freak. I don't know why. Like I said it's not that I have lost weight and I'm not used to my look. My DH and Mom agree, they don't even look like me. It's weird. I had DH take a few more about a month ago. He looked at them in the camera and said that he wasn't going to take anymore because they don't turn out right. I have taken pictures of my Mom, DH, and our dog and they all look normal. I don't know where the problem is. :dunno: Maybe I'm just not photogenic. :dunno:

LLBoldAsLove87
04-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Sum... Stay with us! We all have our pitfalls and our negative days.

Pint... That is SO gross and unacceptable! I would flip out as well!

____

Down another .2 to 122.4 :-)

Got into a little fight over the phone with my aunt yesterday which has me down. My cousin (the one who is my age, going to Italy with us) is thinking about being a military doctor, and she is totally against it. I think she was looking for support from me because he listens to me. But I told her that if that what he wanted to do, I thought it was a great idea because spending $200,000 on med school is a scary thought because doctors don't make that much any more. Also, he is a very "average" candidate for many MD schools but would likely get into the Armed Services school (which I believe is right outside DC!!). Anyways, now she doesn't want me talking to him about it. :-(

shellsbrood
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Good Morning, all! :hug:

Guess what, guess what? I had a whoooosh this morning! So excited! 2lbs down to 192! I'll probably sit here for another two weeks, but I'm hopeful to firmly be in the 180s by the time for my getaway with dh. That's over a month a half away, so I'm thinking it's pretty reasonable?

Anyway, gonna eat some breakfast and I'll be back later! :coffee:

jomatho
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Hi guys, checking in from Costa Rica! Skimmed back a few pages, I miss you guys! Looks like most are doing well, but I have to give a shout out to Kristiina, keep that chin up! You don't have a lot of weight to lose, it is going to go slower for you. Just because the scale is not showing, your body is changing because of the intense exercise you are doing. Remember the cool jeans you fit into?

So my feet have been puffy for two days now. I tried upping my water yesterday,but it prob still isn't enough. Could be the margaritas:o! Went to the spa yesterday and in the changing area there was a scale. I looked at it for about two seconds and then came to my senses! Trying to make the best decisions I can, eating much different than I would have! Shouldn't have worried so much about shorts and bought three more bathing suits/wraps. :D. Have to go get ready for our catamaran ride and snorkeling. Catch you all later!

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 08:58 AM
LLBoldAsLove Congrats on the .2!

Shells Wow! Congrats on your Whoosh!

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 09:00 AM
jomatho Hi! :wave: I'm so glad you checked in! :dance: I hope you are having a wonderful time! :beach:

stacygee
04-06-2011, 09:45 AM
YaH for Jo!! Hope you are having a great time.

Larry- I told my doctor how I am getting dizzy after my spin classes and he wanted me to do an echocardiogram. I declined- but, I guess that is what he was looking for. My dad had the same thing happen to him about 11 years ago. They said the leaky valve saved his life though because it was refilling the part of his heart that an artery was blocked. I'm thinking about you.

GainingWeightInLa
04-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey Larry. It's trivial (valve) regurgitations. Here's the link where I looked it up. It says they're fairly normal. Go check it out....and try not to worry. It sounds pretty harmless (of course, that's easy for me to say, it's not happening to me. :( ) http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/TR-and-MR/show/461041

Hope this helps! :)

berryblondeboys
04-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Jomatho Sounds like you are having a lovely time! Yay!!!

LarryH Yes, definitely share what they found at the VA med hospital with your cardiologist. Add it to be one more motivator to get the weight off and keep it off.

Diana3271 I'm not photogenic either. 90% of the photos of me are horrendous. My husband says so too. He'll see, "You have such a pretty face and then when I try to take a picture of it, you screw it up somehow." I guess I should figure... when I was a child I would cry at the sight of the camera. I'm just not comfortable being in the spotlight/highlighted like that, so I do understand. Really. But keep trying! You might get a good one in there out of a hundred.

ETA: I did finally start putting myself in front of the camera more often. I got tired of people asking for photos and not having anything to share. And it does get better as you get more comfortable. Outdoor photos are usually the most flattering/natural too. Indoor photos rarely turn out well.

Shellsbrood no wonder you looked like a hot mama yesterday in that photo - you were whooshing! Good for you!!!

roadbikerchick The lowest you've been since 1987? Woohoo for you!!!! That is great!

Vixsin
04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Morning gang!! :wave:

I'm down .2 to 200.2 I'm glad to see that this morning. Last night's time with friends was WONDERFUL!!!! We had kashi crackers, organic chips, fresh veggies and fruit, and some sort of dips, and hummus. :drool: We also had pizza. Don't remember the brand name but it was organic, I'm sure. It was amazing. I had 2 pcs of the pizza and just snacked on crackers, veggies and the dips. I didn't count everything out but didn't go willy-nilly either. I was proud.

Gym after work today. More elliptical resistance love. I've decided to stick with the elliptical for the month of April. My hip feels good. I don't want to push my luck with running. Honestly, I'm just tickled that I can exercise, so I want to continue with the exercise that doesn't bother my hip so much, ya know?

GainingWeightInLa
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Well, I was down 1.2 at ww mtg last night. I'll take it since I was thinking I wouldn't show a loss at all. My new weight at mtg last night was 206.4, which is a new low. :D I've seen 205 on my scales, but not consistently so I'm just changing to 206.

Sum, I'm with everyone else.......you better NOT quit posting girl!! That is NOT what this thread is about! I sincerely hope you don't leave us, even for a little while. I would miss you!! :( :( :( :hug: :hug: :hug: Leaving here is the FIRST step toward spiraling out of control......I know that from personal experience. It took me somewhere I did NOT wanna go.....back to weight gain! I really, REALLY hope you don't leave us, as I fear that you may intend to only leave for a little bit, and then never return.....or return after something bad has happened.

Just for the record, I HATE days when I'm so busy that I don't get a chance to come in but once during the day........I miss soooooo much and then it takes FOREVER to catch back up! lol And it makes personals extra hard to do! :(

Gonna go do my morning weigh in now.....I'll BBL.

LindseyLou
04-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Shells – Congrats on the loss!!! :yay: I KNOW you can totally break into the 180s by your getaway!!!

Pint – Sorry to hear last night was rough! :hug:

Berry – I like both of those dresses!! Very pretty! Congrats on the loss! :yay:

LLBold – Woohoo! Congrats on the loss! :yay: I agree with you about med school. My cousin graduated and she has s ton of debt. I feel like if someone else will pay for your education (i.e. military, etc.) heck yeah!!!!! ;)

Jo – Hope you’re having a great time in Costa Rica!!! :beach:

Sum - You NEED to stay!!!!! :hug:

LindseyLou
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
More elliptical resistance love. I've decided to stick with the elliptical for the month of April. My hip feels good. I don't want to push my luck with running. Honestly, I'm just tickled that I can exercise, so I want to continue with the exercise that doesn't bother my hip so much, ya know?

:carrot: Go Vixsin Go!!!

TooManyDimples
04-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Morning ladies. I'm feeling better today. Kinda... haha, still a little grumpy, but better.

Berry ~ According to Mapquest Columbia is 45 minutes away from Frederick. =) At least we're having a decent day again today. I really like that dress. I have one that's similar. And congrats on the 1.6 down!

Pint ~ I have the same issues with my husband. Usually when I get up in the morning after he's left for PT I find the kitchen a wreck. I would probably go postal over leaving raw chicken bits in the sink though. Seriously not cool. Sorry you lost it a bit last night, I hope today is a better day.

Bikerchick ~ Almost to the 130's!! Way to go! =)

Larry ~ I hope everything turns out ok with your tests.

Diana ~ Go outside on a beautiful day and take some pictures. That's the best light by far.

LLBold ~ Family can be a drag sometimes huh? I think it's great that you support your cousin's choices. Your aunt will get over it. He wants to do a GOOD thing.

Shells ~ Congratulations! Wow, you're doing so freakin' good!

Jo ~ Sounds like you're having a blast, puffy feet and all! =)

Gaining ~ Congrats on the weighin!

Sum ~ I hope you're feeling better today!

Hi to everyone else!!

As for me, I've already done my strength workout. I need to go do the grocery shopping this afternoon so I'm going to get my cardio in now so I'll be done early today.

I hope everyone has a great afternoon!

GainingWeightInLa
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Okay so I just entered my new weight from the meeting last night at livestrong.com and it's figuring that my caloric intake (to lose 2 - 2.5 lbs/week) to be 1098 calories/day. For real? Who can do THAT?!?! Before it was telling me (when my weight was still 211) that I needed to be at 1123 calories/day.....I couldn't even do THAT! (Well, I did some days and didn't some days).....How can it tell someone that?!?! Talk about unhealthy.....I would think that would be! Of couse, I have my activity set at sedentary because some days I am.....and I'm sure it's figuring those calories based on being sedentary....but still.....1098?!?! lol I thought that was pretty funny.

My weigh in on my scales this morning, fully dressed, was 204.4?!?! Oh onederland........I hear youuuuu!!! :D I'm not changing ticker because by the end of the day, it'll be right back up to 206. lol

MzJuicyD
04-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Well im back after a few day hiatus. Im still struggling with this weight thing. I weighed myself this morning after ignoring my scale for a few days. I weighed in at 262.8, which is still annoying me! Im so tired of being in the 260s! I'll take 259.9 anyday! lol.

Well i was feeling really bad about myself this morning after i weighed in as usual. I skipped the gym this morning because i just wasnt motivated to go, so that guilt was weighing on my mind. So, when I was at the bus stop this morning waiting on my bus, a lady that knows my mom walked by and said "you sure are slimming down! You look good!" That was a little crazy because I was JUST standing there thinkin of how fat i felt and how this weight is NEVER going to come off. So i think that gave me a little push towards the right direction. I still have a long ways to go and really need to find ways to get myself motivated again. I would hate to come this far then throw it all away.

Andejean
04-06-2011, 11:25 AM
OKay ladies, HI Larry!

It's definitely been a hard week, and the stress will stay high for a while, but should be going down shortly. I have about 48 hours worth of homework due between next Tuesday and Wednesday, so I will be reading like nobody's business today and Saturday, I get two days in in classroom with the little ones, a field trip tomorrow, then my normal day on Friday, Sunday is a baby shower, then an open jam in memory of the friend we lost last Monday, so that whole day will be eating on the run, etc.

I'm still on antibiotics, my eating has been horrible, under cals, but crappy choices. TTOM is visiting in full force, and the house is pretty empty of healthy foods, and payday is tomorrow...

I had a late class last night, 8 pm, so 8:30 by the time I got home... Boyfriend suggested pizza hut, and between hunger, and TTOM, I couldn't say no. In fact it was a big emphatic YES!!!!!!!!!! I'm okay with that choice in the long run, because as awful as pizza hut super supreme sounds health wise, it's probably more nutritionally sound than the cookies and muffins I survived on the day before...

My boyfriend had a talk with the mooch, and apparently he said he's looking and should be out in a few days, boyfriend told him, "you really just do not get it do you?" and he responded "No, I guess I really do not..." My boyfriend said he let it go without a fight, but he really wanted to give him a piece of his mind. I think the stress will reduce a little because I know he's going, but it won't be gone until I know he's out, and all his stuff is out... so glad it's this close...

Today I will be doing homework, and trying the make the best nutritional choices with what is left in my home... Also, WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED WATER!!!!!!!!

Pint - good luck with the chicken thing... I think I'd have eaten the apps too...
Larry - good luck with the heart thing, it's great they caught it! I hope this solves your dizzy spells!
Berry - What a lovely dress! I love pretty dresses! Can't wait to see a pic of you wearing it! :)

GainingWeightInLa
04-06-2011, 11:29 AM
MzJuicy, you need an in-person buddy to help motivate you....someone to do this thing with you and help keep you accountable. It's helped me tremendously....between my in-person friend that goes to weight watcher meetings with me, then actually going to the meetings and then of course coming here....it literally takes ALL of these to keep me motivated. Do you know someone who'd be willing to change their lifestyle with you? If not, just come here as MUCH as humanly possible! Look around the whole site. Do it obsessively if you have to! Anything to keep motivated! But don't quit! You don't wanna go back.....I know you don't! We're here for ya girl! "Bug" us as much as you need to....and more! That's why we're here!

I'm having folks over for supper. We're having grilled shrimp, salad, hamburgers, some kind of potato.....but I'm needing a light, but yummy (and easy-to-prepare) dessert to feed them. Suggestions?

novelistabac
04-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi Everyone!

Been out sick from work for a few days. Feeling a little hazy and have a lot to get caught up on.

10 pages of a new thread is too much for me to catch up on. SORRY! :(

I'm just going to start fresh from today.

Thanks for everyone's advice about my SO and The Other One predicament. Haven't had much time to think and worry about it. I did really crappy this past weekend foodwise. But I didn't really eat that much from the evening Sunday until today so maybe it'll make up for it.

Berry That dress is gorgeous!!

Vixsin
04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
MsJuicy: I agree with Diana(LA)! Come here as much as you need to! I have support offline but not like I do here! I come here and vent ALL of my frustrations because I KNOW there is someone out there that has been through it....and more importantly, made it out the other side. I hope you don't give up. You owe it to yourself not to! :hug:

Diana(LA): Possibly strawberry shortcakes? I use fresh strawberries and cut them up into good size pieces. I also use a sugar free strawberry glaze and either sugar free or light whipped cream. :drool: And so, so low on calories!!! ;)

surfergirl2
04-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Gainingweightinla--how about a fruit salad? Fruit salad can be kind of boring, but since good stuff like berries and mango are in season, it can be pretty delicious too.

Andejean, hope you feel better!

Yesterday i came in at 2000 calories and succeeded in sticking with my meal plan instead of snacking/eating whenever i felt like it. It wasn't even that hard...i just have to remember that's it's ok to feel hunger once in a while...that does NOT mean i have to eat immediately! i'm not going to die from being hungry for an hour! Also i hope that i can train my body to eventually not feel hungry until it's about time for a meal.

LadyLai
04-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey ladies and Larry! Just going to pop right back in here. My parents have been living with me for the past couple of weeks.. and I swear I've opened my laptop literally under 10 times. I missed being accountable with you all! Since my hiatus I'm down to 218.5! Hit a major, MAJOR stall with the scales.. but it wasn't easy trying to maintain healthy eating habits with family here. I've got a couple of weeks before they come back. (Dads finishing a basement for my cousin).

Spring has sprung here and I'm feeling so inspired, I think I'm going to buy a bike! Me? a bike? I don't think I've rode a bike since elementary.. haha, but I really want to join the rest of the people out on the trails on bikes. It'd be a great thing to do with my daughter.

Anyways.. hope you all have a great day!

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
I need a little fashion advice. :o I mentioned that last weekend I bought a pair of denim/jean capri's. My other capri's are dressier, so I am wear the sandals with them. The denim/jean capri's are very casual like jeans. ;) My regular athletic shoes will not look right. Am I correct? These are the athletic shoes that I wear daily: http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-evolution-5-white-lightning-frost-blue

What would look right with casual denim capri's? Something like this? http://www.zappos.com/teva-omnium-chocolate-chip~2 I'm not going to spend that much money on them because it's not something I wear daily. I can try to find something similar but cheaper.

If you see something on the Zappos site that you think would look good, please provide a link. Thanks! I need all the help that I can get. ;)

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Larry Let us know what you find out from your Dr's visits. My Mom recently told me that she has a leaky valve issue. She has know about this for years. I was also informed that my Grandmother (my Mom's Mom) had the same thing. It obviously genetic and everyone has kept me out of the loop until recently. :dunno:

Berry & Dimples I have done a few outside shots with the same results. Something funny about my camera freak out. I called my friend the day it happened. Here's how the conversation went:

Diana: Glenda, I need to ask you something. I know you will be honest with me, even if it hurts me. I want to know the truth . . . Do I look like a freak?

Glenda: No Diana you don't look like a freak.

Ha Ha I know that was one moment that she truly thought I was crazy! I was really upset after looking at the pictures my DH had just taken of me. It's not that they just don't look like me, I literally look freakish. I'm not kidding. I even went to Walmart and inquired at the place where they take pictures. The manager and an employee were there. They were not busy at the time, so I asked a few questions. They said there are people who take pictures like how I described. I might have my friend Glenda take some pictures of me. I was thinking about going back to Walmart and having some pictures done. They have those package deals that are under $10.

The main thing is that I don't have issues with what I see in the mirror. I know it's just that I'm not taking good pictures for some reason. :dunno:

Dimples I'm glad you are feeling better.

Diana(LA) Congrats on your loss! You are so close to Onederland, now!

MzjuicyD It's good to see you back. The best thing I can recommend is to find a way of eating and exercise routine that works for you and just do it. Every day! Make it your life! No other options. It will work. You just have to stay consistent. Keep coming back here and posting your accountability. Everyone is different, but it has worked for me.

Surfergirl Congrats on staying on plan.

Lady I'm glad to hear that you are feeling inspired. Congrats on continuing to lose.

berryblondeboys
04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Clothes shopping is a killjoy! I went to the mall today to return something for my older son. I had time to kill and still would like a fitting top for tonight, so I head upstairs. NOthing, absolutely NOTHING. I try on a pair of Charter Club 16W pants. They fit perfect BUT, they push the fat up which then creates a roll of fat so I like like the Michelin man. I tried the 18s and I'm swimming in them.

I was wearing my new pair of 16s and I realize they are damaged, so back they will need to do along with one of the dresses I got yesterday. I cannot believe in all of macy's women's department there was not a single thing. Either things are way too long (exaggerating my tummy) or hung like a potato sack with no shape.

I went to Marshall's to return the two things and relooked and my goodness NOTHING at all. I tried a couple of tops, but they were too tight for one and too cheap looking for another. So disappointing! And now I'm left with my baggy size 18s for dinner tonight too. Oh well, it's to be expected that there will be some awkard times during this journey.

TooManyDimples
04-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I just had a NSV. =)

My new box of Vitatops got here and I was trying to get the tape off the box and suddenly my ring came off and went flying across the room. I've been noticing it getting loose. Guess it's time to buy some of those things you can get to put on the back or I'll have to stop wearing it for a while.

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Dimples Congrats on the NSV! I bought some plastic things (ring tighteners :lol: :dunno:) from Walmart that worked for me. I think they were $2 or $3 for a package of them.

Vixsin
04-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Congrats on the NSV, Dimples! That's a good one!

stacygee
04-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I hate that so much has happened all day and I didn't get here...

Congrats on the WHOOSH, Shells!

Nice to see you Novel... hope you are feeling better!

Vixsin- I am addicted to the elliptical... there is a big mound of my fat all around the fourth one on the right at Golds Gym!

Berry- I thought of you after my workout today... I was going to hang my pants up so I could wear them tomorrow... but a sniffed them first... and decided I definately can't wear them twice without a wash! LOL!

------------

Was going to go for a second workout today while my little girl is in dance class... but, I have a headache so I am not sure I will make it. I did enough this morning so it's okay.

Diana3271
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Total Approx 1470 + :coffee2:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 730 calories
Turkey Wrap 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
Dark chocolate covered frozen banana 130 calories

Exercise:
I did a new workout today and made it an extra workout. I don't like relying on a new workout as my main workout. I don't always get a good workout in because I am trying to learn the workout. Makes sense? :lol:

TF HIIT 30
30 Minutes to Fitness Weights - Timesaver Total Body Premix
30 Minutes to Fitness Kickboxing - Workout #1 (new workout)

LLBoldAsLove87
04-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Uggggggghhh totally just went off-plan. One of my girlfriends was having boy drama so we all got together to chat, and two girls brought cookies and icecream and I totally snapped and stuffed my face. Now my stomach hurts because I'm not used to all this sugar anymore. :-(

I ran 4 miles today and ruined it all! I dont know why I self-sabatoge like this. :-(

LindseyLou
04-06-2011, 09:56 PM

S – greek yogurt 110
L – ½ garlic cheddar chicken breast 200, steamed cauliflower & broccoli 50 (250)
S – strawberries w/sprinkle of sugar 80, banana 100 (180)
D – 2 wheat pancakes 150, lite syrup 100, banana 100, PB 100 (450)
S – 1 chocolate truffle 50
1290 calories
1.5 mile run, 2 mile walk (-299)
991 net cals (1109 cal deficit)

Off subject...anyone watching Extreme Couponing??

stacygee
04-06-2011, 09:56 PM
LLBold- pick yourself up, dust yourself off and do better tomorrow! It happens to us all.... I just had a perfect day and ruined it with two granola thins... 137 calories over... how dumb is that?

LadyLai
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
My Day: 1630 calories

Breakfast - yogurt w/granola and almonds (231 cals)
Lunch - can of tuna on (3) ryvita crisp bread and a peach (365 cals)
Snack - Homemade snack Rice Krispie PB ball (188 cals)
Dinner - Turkey Burger w/side salad (471 cals)
Snack/Dessert - Homemade snack Choc Coconut Bar (375 cals)
4.4 L H2O

Went over my calories by 130. And didn't get exercise in tonight. Going to water aerobics in the morning, I get a good burn there.

Diana, thanks!

Melissa, sounds like you're in between sizes like me. I'm wearing a pair of size 16 jeans that I can pull up and down without unbuttoning them.. when I go try on a new pair at the stores I get that exact same "muffin top" you speak of. So frustrating but we'll get there!

Kim, LOL! Great NSV.. glad you didn't fling them off some where that you could have lost them!

Stacy, LOL @ your mound of fat surrounding the elliptical at Golds. That's priceless! :D Congrats on being 16lbs away from your 100lb mile stone!! :cheer:

LLBold, its sucks when you screw up, but we're human and tomorrow is a new day! You'll make it better! ;)

Lindsey, :wave: I did catch one show of Extreme Couponing.. it's insane!

:wave: to everyone else!

berryblondeboys
04-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Just a very quick pop in. We had a LOVELY evening out with friends at the most fabulous restaurant we've ever been to. Ever get a chance to dine in Baltimore, check out http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

I took a nibble of two appetizers, ate my low carb entre, took a nibble of a couple desserts (and I mean nibble) and enjoyed my decaf cappuccino (one of the best ever). Heavenly night.

LLBoldAsLove87
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
You're right... this wont ruin everything... I'm just going to eat clean and light tomorrow.

And now, for your viewing pleasure ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61489587@N07/5597163174/

.... EDIT: Argh why isn't this working? I put it on Flickr!

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 05:22 AM
It's just past 5 am and I just dropped my son off for a band trip. 5 hours of sleep and a 1 lb weight gain. Even though I ate wisely last night, I was still a bit high in calories for the day, about 1700-1800 versus my usual 1400-1500. SO WORTH IT though.

I'll probably catch some zzz's at some point but now I'm wide awake.

roadbikerchick
04-07-2011, 06:39 AM
Good morning, everyone! :coffee:

I worked until 10:00 pm last night, and when I got home I was just not up to posting. :tired:

Larry: Try not to worry about the heart issues (easy for me to say). You’re doing all the right things to take care of your heart. :)

Diana3271: No, I wasn’t around for the camera freak-out. Your avatar is lovely, I would never have guessed camera issues. ;) As for fashion ideas – the nice thing about denim is that you can dress is up or down. I’d be wearing sandals with them, too – more flattering to the legs than athletics.;);)

LLBold: family stuff is so painful, but I’m with you – please don’t tell your aunt – in supporting your cousin’s choices. And I’m with Stacy – dust yourself off, it’s a new day. :hug:

Shells: congratulations on the whoosh! :cb::cb:

Jo: I’m envious! The change in temperature can cause your body to retain water, too. Have a great time! :sunny:

Vixsin: Congrats on the .2. :carrot: About the running – I used to run but kept getting various injuries. I don’t want to knock running for those who enjoy it, but it’s very hard on the joints.:(

Diana in LA: I know what you mean about being able to check in only once a day. I feel like I miss so much! However, my workload just doesn’t allow for much else. Congratulations on the new low! You’ll be in onederland before you know it! :carrot::carrot:

MzJuicy: Glad you’re back. The times when we don’t want to check in are probably the times we need it the most. Just look at how much you’ve accomplished – 30 pounds off represents a lot of consistency. :hug:

Novelista and LadyLai: Hi!

Dimples: Congrats on the NSV!:carrot:

Berry: how do you do it, staying on track at restaurants? :cb: Going to restaurants is one of my downfalls. Way to go! One pound up could be anything – don’t let it get you down.:hug:

Yesterday’s check-in: Ate 1900 calories, and rode my bike for an hour. The scale is being sooo nice today. Down to 139.2. :D I’m not sure the last time I was in the 130s – sometime in 1987, I think.

Life is crazy busy for me. Friday (my day off) is almost here, and then I can catch my breath.

Have a great OP day everyone!:D:D:D

Diana3271
04-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Good Morning :wave:

I've decided to change my ticker back. I still think I am holding on to water weight from TTOM, but I don't know. I have been 100% on plan and TTOM ended a couple days ago. I have noticed that if I eat 1440 + my morning coffee that I will lose. If I eat 1470 or 1490 I won't lose. I don't see how a few calories like that can make a difference. Maybe it's a coincidence or a figment of my imagination. :dunno:

roadbikerchick Thanks for your response about the shoes.

shellsbrood
04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Hi all y'all! :D

I have a friend stopping by here in a couple of minutes, so I'm jumping on here quickly to let y'all know I won't be around until Tuesday. I have to pack today and tomorrow morning I'm going to go fly out to Missouri to visit my brother for the weekend. I haven't seen my four nephews (yes, he has four boys!!) in a loooooong time, so I can't wait to see them! Also, they haven't seen me since I lost weight. :D

Scale gave me a 191 this morning! I was very :eek:. I don't trust it, so I'm not changing my ticker. :lol: But, that puts me at 70lbs lost. Woohoo! :carrot:

Everyone have an awesome weekend and I'll check back in on Tuesday!

stacygee
04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Have a safe trip, Shells....

Diana- I want to answer about shoes... but I don't know how to do links. With capris I always wear those shoes that don't have heels backs... not flip flops- perhaps people call them mules??

--------------------------------------------

I didn't get my second workout in yesterday. I had a miserable headache but at least it is gone now! I'll get the big girl on the school bus, wake the little girl and get to the gym this morning. The scale was back to 180 today so I was really happy with that. It seems like getting to the 170s is another barrier that my body doesn't want to break. In actuality it is a big deal. My husband has never seen my less then 175. I can't wait to get there!

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 09:50 AM
RoadbikerchickWay to go with the scale and the 130s!! Wow!!!!

Shellsbrood have a great trip visiting your brother and nephews! Just you or the whole fam going?

VixsinThat scale is inching ever closer to KEEPING you in onderland!

Diana32171I have no idea about capris and shoes because I have never found the right mix except sandals. I just know regular tennies look silly. I can't wear blackless shoes, my foot doesn't roll right/or grab right or something. I can only wear backless shoes if I don't really need to plan to walk more than a few feet at a time (like around the house).

Lacey One meal is not a disaster! Just make today matter.

Ladylai That is exactly how I'm dealing with pants right now - either super loose or that awful muffin top!

Vixsin
04-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Vixsin: Congrats on the .2. :carrot: About the running – I used to run but kept getting various injuries. I don’t want to knock running for those who enjoy it, but it’s very hard on the joints.:(

Biker, you are NOT kidding! I am currently battling with my right hip. thankfully, the elliptical doesn't bother it nearly as much as EVERYTHING else it seems. :lol: I hope to get back to running one day soon. it sure has been difficult on my joints.

Lacey: :hug: We are human. We fall down sometimes. Thankfully, all we have to do is to get back up. You have been rocking out with your plan lately. It's ok to slip a little. As long as you are back on the horse today, that's truly what matters. Go easy on yourself. You're stronger than you think. I am certain of that! :hug:

Shells: Gonna miss you!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Glad the scale gave you an extra good mood boost today!

Safely landed back in Onederland this morning. 199.8 Thank you, scale. :) Honestly, I don't know how that happened. I had a PB incident last night at literally 11pm! :yikes: I dozed off on the couch and then woke up to take myself to bed and found myself wandering right into the kitchen to the cupboard and before I really realized it, there I was leaning on the counter with the PB jar firmly affixed to my FACE!!!!!! Well, to me, it felt like that! LOL It ended up being roughly 6 spoonfuls, (considerably better than PB incidents of the past.) not heaping or anything. Unbelievable!

I have learned that I think I need to go back to setting a certain bed time for myself and sticking to it like glue. Whether I want to go to bed or not.

And when I was dancing yesterday, I did something to my shoulder/rotator cuff area. It hurts like **** today. :( AND while doing some twist and standing ab stuff, I did something to my muscle on my left side so ITS sore too! Geez, I am a MESS today! LOL :lol:

With all of that said, I am hoping that maybe there is more losses in my future as my muscles heal.

BBL for more personals. have a great morning!

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
What would look right with casual denim capri's? Something like this? http://www.zappos.com/teva-omnium-chocolate-chip~2 I'm not going to spend that much money on them because it's not something I wear daily. I can try to find something similar but cheaper.

If you see something on the Zappos site that you think would look good, please provide a link. Thanks! I need all the help that I can get. ;)

When I wear my jean carpris I usually wear sandals or flats. Something casual like:
http://www.zappos.com/ocean-minded-dua-chocolate
http://www.zappos.com/ocean-minded-manhattan-burgundy
http://www.zappos.com/blowfish-saveur-red-strike (I actually have some similar to this, same brand in a denim blue)
http://www.zappos.com/blowfish-sandbox-navy-white-french-stripe

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi all y'all! :D

I have a friend stopping by here in a couple of minutes, so I'm jumping on here quickly to let y'all know I won't be around until Tuesday. I have to pack today and tomorrow morning I'm going to go fly out to Missouri to visit my brother for the weekend. I haven't seen my four nephews (yes, he has four boys!!) in a loooooong time, so I can't wait to see them! Also, they haven't seen me since I lost weight. :D

Scale gave me a 191 this morning! I was very :eek:. I don't trust it, so I'm not changing my ticker. :lol: But, that puts me at 70lbs lost. Woohoo! :carrot:

Everyone have an awesome weekend and I'll check back in on Tuesday!

Have fun this weekend!!! :D Congrats on 191! AND 70 pounds! AMAZING!!!! :carrot:

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Safely landed back in Onederland this morning. 199.8 Thank you, scale. :) Honestly, I don't know how that happened. I had a PB incident last night at literally 11pm! :yikes: I dozed off on the couch and then woke up to take myself to bed and found myself wandering right into the kitchen to the cupboard and before I really realized it, there I was leaning on the counter with the PB jar firmly affixed to my FACE!!!!!! Well, to me, it felt like that! LOL It ended up being roughly 6 spoonfuls, (considerably better than PB incidents of the past.) not heaping or anything. Unbelievable!

I have learned that I think I need to go back to setting a certain bed time for myself and sticking to it like glue. Whether I want to go to bed or not.

And when I was dancing yesterday, I did something to my shoulder/rotator cuff area. It hurts like **** today. :( AND while doing some twist and standing ab stuff, I did something to my muscle on my left side so ITS sore too! Geez, I am a MESS today! LOL :lol:

With all of that said, I am hoping that maybe there is more losses in my future as my muscles heal.

That's great you're back in Onderland! :D Strange about the PB...I think at night weird things go on in general. Last night I was fixing DH's lunch and a stole a strawberry and a couple sun chips...random?! Sorry to hear you're sore! Take it easy girl! :hug:

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
LadyLai - That show is nuts! I mean it's awesome they are saving that much money but you would have to have a huge place to store all that. The planning and strategy going on behind it seems extremely time consuming. They were in the grocery store for 5 hours and it took an hour to check out. Sorry, I don't have like 6 hours to blow every time I shop. And can you imagine if you were the cashier checking someone out for an hour? :lol:

Roadbiker - Congrats on the 130s!!!!! :carrot: Feels good, eh? Wow, what a long day you had! I hope your Friday off is a relaxing one!!! :beach:

LLBold - Girl, you should not feel bad!!! Gosh, did you read about all the stuff I ate a couple weekends ago, and this weekend? (Curse you weekends! :lol:) You contained yourself a **** of a lot better than I could have. Like the other ladies said, dust yourself off and keep going. You're doing awesome!! :carrot:

Larry - I agree with the other ladies. You’re doing all the right things to take care of your heart!!! :D

Dimples - Congrats on your NSV!!!! :woohoo: Be careful though, wouldn't want to lose your ring! That's happened a few times to me and I have a mini panic attack. :lol:

Diana - That is weird about the calories, just a few more and you don't seem to lose. Maybe our bodies are that picky? I have no idea. It doesn't seem like 30 or 40 calories could make that much of a different though...:dunno:

Anyone else I missed, I'm sorry! Hello! :wave:

I am thinking about doing something meal wise and I wanted some input/opinions. So the last few weekends I've had some off plan meals that turn into more off plan meals, yada yada yada. So, I was thinking about planning a "somewhat off plan" meal, something higher calorie but it works INTO my calorie cycling schedule instead of a spontaneous off plan meal. Not sure if that makes sense...I guess what I'm wondering is if I plan this higher calorie not necessarily the healthiest meal in the world instead of it being a spur of the moment thing, do you think that might be ok? (And hopefully not lead to other spur of the moment "let's go to McDonald's!" incidents!)

On a different note, I will be volunteering a local hospice (in their business office). I just spoke with the office coordinator and we're going to set up an internship there as well!! :D Yippeeee!

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I am thinking about doing something meal wise and I wanted some input/opinions. So the last few weekends I've had some off plan meals that turn into more off plan meals, yada yada yada. So, I was thinking about planning a "somewhat off plan" meal, something higher calorie but it works INTO my calorie cycling schedule instead of a spontaneous off plan meal. Not sure if that makes sense...I guess what I'm wondering is if I plan this higher calorie not necessarily the healthiest meal in the world instead of it being a spur of the moment thing, do you think that might be ok? (And hopefully not lead to other spur of the moment "let's go to McDonald's!" incidents!)

On a different note, I will be volunteering a local hospice (in their business office). I just spoke with the office coordinator and she said I could probably do an internship there as well!! :D Yippeeee!

This is what I do. I try to stick to a plan at all times, but if I know I have a dinner date, or feel in the mood for something like, tacos, I plan for it. Yesterday's meal was totally planned. I looked up the restaurant, chose what I wanted and stuck with that. I ended up at 1700-1800 for the day which is higher than my usual day, but it could have turned into a 2500-3000 meal if I ate the appetizers, wine and dessert. I have about a half teaspoon of two desserts (just to get the flavor) and one swig of wine to toast everyone.

I figure, life happens if I'm trying to lose weight or not and I don't want to miss out on things I enjoy in life - friends and food just because I'm trying to lose weight. Sure, OK, maybe that meal will make me work a couple days longer on this journey, but I'm not miserable this way AND it's teaching me how to eat for the rest of my life - how to balance those splurge meals with lighter days/meals inbetween to find that balance of calories in/out.

And YAY for the internship possibility! And Hospice care is so important.

krampus
04-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I've decided to recommit to loss; warm weather and a very good binge-free streak have got me all motivated and stuff. Today was delightfully on plan, about 1300-1350 calories of mostly clean food and great exercise: 50 minute jog, 200 crunches, 50 pushups, bird dogs, planks, and 110 minutes of commute and lunch break walking split into three sessions.

Vixsin
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome back krampus!!!! It's good to see you!!!

Linds: Yay for the 130's!!!! :yay: I think it's awesome that you're going to volunteer! and I do the same thing as Berry. I work my "off plan-ness" into my calories. Like my friday pizza nites. I think it's a great plan and I think it will help you to feel even more in control of the crazy ride we know as weight loss. :)

novelistabac
04-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm hovering 183 after a sort of off plan weekend and being sick for Monday and Tuesday. Getting back into the groove again. I honestly missed not tracking and counting. LOL! Although Monday and Tuesday I wasn't really eating all my points anyway.

I'm very desperate to get a grasp on these 170s...they seem to be so elusive to me.
________

Diana - Got my PMS pills in the mail. Thanks for the suggestion. When TOM hits I'll be popping them. Also, when I wear bermudas or capris i wear what's known as a gladiator sandal. They are pretty flat and tend to have a lot of straps. I think they look super cute.

Stacy - I can totally relate with the 170s being SO difficult to break into. We can get there!!! I believe in us! And then maybe the rest of the 170s, 160s heck even the 150s will cut us some slack :)

Lacey - I had an off plan weekend. Yep, we just have to get right back on track. It happens! No reason to beat ourselves up!

Lindsey - I haven't seen this extreme couponing show. What channel is it on? I love all those mental illness shows (IE Hoarders, Obsessed, etc). I think calorie cycling with one cheat meal will probably help you. I tend to eat pretty crapily on Saturday which is my super high point day. It usually keeps me in check the rest of the week...and then you don't have to feel so bad. Good luck with the new internship! That sounds exciting!

Shells - Have fun in Missouri! That's great that you are at 70lbs lost! WOO HOO!!

Roadbiker - Have a great day off tomorrow!!

stacygee
04-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Everyone!

Stacy - I can totally relate with the 170s being SO difficult to break into. We can get there!!! I believe in us! And then maybe the rest of the 170s, 160s heck even the 150s will cut us some slack :)
!

Girl! Let's get there and hope for the rest to cut us some slack! That is the best idea I've heard!

---------------

Vixsin- congrats on Onderland! It is a good day!

Diana3271
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the shoe suggestions. It seems like the unanimous opinion is sandals. I will stick with the sandals I already have. I think they will work just fine, then.

LLBoldAsLove Today is a new day. No worries about yesterday.

Lady You had a great plan yesterday.

Berry I'm glad to hear you had a nice evening. The extra pound could be from sodium.

Shells Have a great weekend with your family!

Stacy Somtimes certain weight ranges are really tough to get though. Keep your focus. It will be so worth it once you get through it.

Vixsin Congrats on getting back to Onederland! Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Lindsey Thanks for those links. Congrats on the 138.6! I have one higher calorie day a week. How many calories are you talking about? When we have holiday meals, I handle that a little differently. I do extra cardio that week and cut some calories here and there. I don't know if you are talking a little higher or a major splurge. I have different plans for each. ;) Congrats on the volunteer position. Maybe it will turn into something permanent.

Krampus Hi :wave: It's good to see you.

Novelista I don't know if you saw my follow up link/info. I also use another product at time. It just depends on what I can get at the time. This one is good, too. I would say try one product one month and the other the next month. Then you can decide which one works best for you. http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Cyclease-PMS

surfergirl2
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Roadbikerchick--congrats on the 130s!!! Last time i was there (the only time in my life) was 2007...if i ever get there again i hope it will be permanent this time...so i won't rush it.

Shells...congrats on 70 pounds lost!!!

Krampus...glad things are looking up for you.

Yesterday i was on plan with 1990 calories. Every single day i have moments where i think "this is so hard...it would be so easy to just eat more right now, no one even has to know" ...but then this morning when i weighed in at 151.5 and my stomach looked flat i thought "it's so worth it." i hope i remember that next time i'm feeling discouraged. Because sometimes i DO really wonder if it's worth it.

romainelettuce
04-07-2011, 01:15 PM
So I know I've slacked on posting but I didn't binge all last week OR this week. I even underwent leaving my apartment because of terrible roommates, moving back home with my parents and realizing I paid for April's rent AND a security deposit on this new place, so I'm living at home and less $1000 for it. But I kept my cool, I controlled my eating and even ran to burn off nervous energy that I usually would have used to binge massive quantities.

I did eat a bag of baby carrots between yesterday and today, but sometimes that ended up being lunch yesterday/today and snacks, so although not the most well rounded, it was much better than a candy bar!

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Lindsey Thanks for those links. Congrats on the 138.6! I have one higher calorie day a week. How many calories are you talking about? When we have holiday meals, I handle that a little differently. I do extra cardio that week and cut some calories here and there. I don't know if you are talking a little higher or a major splurge. I have different plans for each. ;) Congrats on the volunteer position. Maybe it will turn into something permanent.

I'm talking about 1700-1800 for the day. Tomorrow I was planning on keeping it light in the morning and at lunch and dinner will be the majority of my calories (about 1200). I am planning to burn about 400 calories that day (running, walking, biking so lots of cardio).

Thank you! I talked to the lady again, we will definitely be setting up an internship, I'm so excited!!! :cloud9: It would be excellent if it turned into something permanent, either way good experience for the future. :)

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
This is what I do. I try to stick to a plan at all times, but if I know I have a dinner date, or feel in the mood for something like, tacos, I plan for it. Yesterday's meal was totally planned. I looked up the restaurant, chose what I wanted and stuck with that. I ended up at 1700-1800 for the day which is higher than my usual day, but it could have turned into a 2500-3000 meal if I ate the appetizers, wine and dessert. I have about a half teaspoon of two desserts (just to get the flavor) and one swig of wine to toast everyone.

I figure, life happens if I'm trying to lose weight or not and I don't want to miss out on things I enjoy in life - friends and food just because I'm trying to lose weight. Sure, OK, maybe that meal will make me work a couple days longer on this journey, but I'm not miserable this way AND it's teaching me how to eat for the rest of my life - how to balance those splurge meals with lighter days/meals inbetween to find that balance of calories in/out.

And YAY for the internship possibility! And Hospice care is so important.

Thanks for the input! :) Thank you, I guess we ARE setting up an internship...soooo excited! I agree about Hospice, that was so helpful for my grandfather. I would love to be involved in a purpose like that.

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Linds: Yay for the 130's!!!! :yay: I think it's awesome that you're going to volunteer! and I do the same thing as Berry. I work my "off plan-ness" into my calories. Like my friday pizza nites. I think it's a great plan and I think it will help you to feel even more in control of the crazy ride we know as weight loss. :)

Feels good to be back in the 130s! :) Thanks girl! I'm thinking Fridays will be my "eat out nights" aka eating more calories. ;) I agree with you & Berry. I think maybe getting it out of your system one day per week might help stay on track the rest of the week!

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

I'm hovering 183 after a sort of off plan weekend and being sick for Monday and Tuesday. Getting back into the groove again. I honestly missed not tracking and counting. LOL! Although Monday and Tuesday I wasn't really eating all my points anyway.

I'm very desperate to get a grasp on these 170s...they seem to be so elusive to me.
________
Lindsey - I haven't seen this extreme couponing show. What channel is it on? I love all those mental illness shows (IE Hoarders, Obsessed, etc). I think calorie cycling with one cheat meal will probably help you. I tend to eat pretty crapily on Saturday which is my super high point day. It usually keeps me in check the rest of the week...and then you don't have to feel so bad. Good luck with the new internship! That sounds exciting!

You'll be in the 170s soon enough!!! :D It seems like just before you have a whoosh your body hangs out at a certain weight for a while, just trying to test your patience. :dizzy:

I think it was on TLC. I watching hoarders and obsessed too! I think the higher calorie day might help too. I'll still be keeping my weekly average around 1400-1500 and averaging 200 or so for workouts per day. Not bad.

Aww, thank you! I'm so excited! :cloud9: I hope it all works out! I have to go in next week and get everything finalized! It's funny that I'm so excited and I'm not getting paid for it and it's not required for school...I'm just..well, excited!! I think it will be a great opportunity and get me back in the medical field. :D

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
So I know I've slacked on posting but I didn't binge all last week OR this week. I even underwent leaving my apartment because of terrible roommates, moving back home with my parents and realizing I paid for April's rent AND a security deposit on this new place, so I'm living at home and less $1000 for it. But I kept my cool, I controlled my eating and even ran to burn off nervous energy that I usually would have used to binge massive quantities.

I did eat a bag of baby carrots between yesterday and today, but sometimes that ended up being lunch yesterday/today and snacks, so although not the most well rounded, it was much better than a candy bar!

Kudos to you for remaining binge free! That's pretty stressful with awful roommates and a move. I think you did well! :D

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh my goodness gals! I hit a shopping spree jackpot!

I went to Sears to try on some Land's End pants to see what size I was so I could order a pair during their online sale. Instead I found a rack of $6.99 and $4.99 items. I got 2 khaki's usuall $49.95 each for $6.99 and a pair of shorts and jeans for $4.99 each and they fit! (Well, one khaki pant is the next size down. I figured for that price, I would be there soon enough!).

Then I went to Lord and Taylor's. I found a top for $12 (normally $80) and a dress normally $198 that I got for $25. I was afraid it would be too tight as it's a 16W, but it fits PERFECTLY and will fit even better in a month when I need such a dress. For that price I can afford to alter it for when I get smaller as it too is a "melissa' dress. LOVE IT. Wish I was a bit thinner yet to wear it, but that will come. In the meantime I have to celebrate my progress.

Here are a couple self portraits with the iphone - so HORRIBLE quality, but you can see the dress at least:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0433.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0432-1.jpg (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0432-1.jpg)

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Oh my goodness gals! I hit a shopping spree jackpot!

I went to Sears to try on some Land's End pants to see what size I was so I could order a pair during their online sale. Instead I found a rack of $6.99 and $4.99 items. I got 2 khaki's usuall $49.95 each for $6.99 and a pair of shorts and jeans for $4.99 each and they fit! (Well, one khaki pant is the next size down. I figured for that price, I would be there soon enough!).

Then I went to Lord and Taylor's. I found a top for $12 (normally $80) and a dress normally $198 that I got for $25. I was afraid it would be too tight as it's a 16W, but it fits PERFECTLY and will fit even better in a month when I need such a dress. For that price I can afford to alter it for when I get smaller as it too is a "melissa' dress. LOVE IT. Wish I was a bit thinner yet to wear it, but that will come. In the meantime I have to celebrate my progress.

Here are a couple self portraits with the iphone - so HORRIBLE quality, but you can see the dress at least:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0433.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0432-1.jpg (http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/IMG_0432-1.jpg)

Dang, I need you to come shopping with me! Awesome deals and I LOVE THE DRESS!!!!!! I looks gorgeous on you and fits perfect!! :D

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Thursdays officially rock!!!!!! :carrot:

Not only did I see a new low, get an internship opportunity, but I also was matched with my first mentee! I signed on to mentor high school kids to help them create and coordinate a college/career plan after they graduate! :D

Vixsin
04-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Seriously!!! I need to go shopping with you too!!! those are amazing deals!!!

I think that dress is GORGEOUS!!! It looks wonderful on you!!!!

novelistabac
04-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Beautiful dress MELISSA!!

I never get deals like that! WOW!

still
04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Vixsin- Congrats on getting back to onederland!

berry- That dress is gorgeous on you! Seriously- you rock it!

Diana3271- I was watching your discussion about the jean capri's closely, as I am that girl who wears my sneakers with my jean capri's! Even my fashion-blind guy friends hassle me about it. :)

Things are going well here- I've stayed on plan and had an awesome workout at the gym yesterday. Woke up to find the scale at 175 again! I think, for me, exercise is a HUGE part of the weightloss, especially as my thyroid dies from the radiation. So I'm going to keep trying to make exercise a priority.

Also, I took another eating baby step. I LOVE ice cream. Can't live without it, seriously. I've tried measuring it out when I scoop from the half gallon, but somehow more always "falls" into the bowl :o So last shopping trip, I bought a few of those single serving containers with about 150 cal each to them- normal ice cream, Edy's or whatever. I'm hoping since I need ice cream as part of my eating, I can at least control portion size this way. It's more expensive than buying the gallon, but hey- my gym membership also costs and its well worth the benefits to my health. :) (I can not believe I just tried to justify spending more on ice cream for health reasons) :lol:

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Thank you gals so much. I really have like 'no clothes'. First, 2 summers ago we were planning on moving, so I trashed everything I had left that was still decent in my size 20s. I had worn everything to death as I had been the same size for like 8 years. All my shorts were buttonless, all my shirts are stained and everything is mommy clothes. Add in that I was painting, cleaning, hauling, etc. They were almost unwearable.

Then last summer, I had dropped a little weight and I didn't want to spend money on the size 20 and I wasn't quite a size 18. Plus, we were still remodeling and painting, so I didn't buy anything last summer. Now everything was beyond trashed. I can't even donate them they are so bad.

Finally in the fall, I was trying to feel better about myself. I cut off my hair and I bought about $200 worth of clothes that fit in a size 18. Those were all winter pants and sweaters.

So, here I am 50 pounds less than when I bought my last summer clothes, 30 pounds less from my last winter clothes and I have like NOTHING. There is no "well, wait until I get smaller" before buying. I need a few essentials to get me by and then I have this presentation to give and it has been 8 years since I bought a dress or a skirt. That is tooooo long ago. Buying a dress for $25 is beyond reasonable for an 'interim' dress. Plus, I'm giving this presentation on Mother's Day. I want to look great on 'my day'.

I've tried to find any online sources that still have this dress, but I can't find it. I love it and I can put a sweater over it for cooler months too.

Here it is on a hanger:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/adriannapapell2.jpg

And how do I find such bargains? I don't know. I hunt for them. I never, ever look at regular priced items. ALmost all our funishings at home are used too. it's the only way I could get high quality furniture (Henredon, Widdicomb, etc) within our budget.

Plus, for clothes I think my body must be different from the average woman's body so I can find really great things on clearance racks. What fits my body must fit awkwardly on other people. I don'tknow... I bought my wedding suit for $12 18 years ago! LOL

Thanks for understanding though... this shopping business is not something I usually do or like to do.

Diana3271
04-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Surfergirl Sometimes I have to remember why I'm doing this. It is worth it.

Romaine Congrats on remaining binge free in spite of the stressful situation.

Lindsey That's not very high on calories. Maybe you could even try giving yourself one higher calorie day a week and see how it goes. You are having a great day!

Berry You got some great deals! Love the dress!

Still You and I will just keep taking fashion notes. We will get there. ;) I like the single serve foods like that. I don't know if you saw my post about the dark chocolate frozen banana. It's a single serve and I can easily work that in. Having a gallon of ice cream in the house wouldn't work for me. I also buy other single serve ice cream products that work well. I also make us small desserts on the weekend. Having a full size double layer cake is too dangerous. I make just enough for us to have one serving and that's it.

LLBoldAsLove87
04-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Welcome back Krampus!!!

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm eating super good today, especially after seeing 124 on the scale! I know sodium can make you bloat, but I had no idea SUGAR would make me balloon up 1.6lbs on the scale! Crazy.

Anyways, I'm just checking in real quick before I leave my work computer... I wont be back on until Saturday because my rotten little puppy chewed up my laptop power cord this morning! I'm rush delivering a new one.

See you all Saturday... have a wonderful, on plan day tomorrow!

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Things are going well here- I've stayed on plan and had an awesome workout at the gym yesterday. Woke up to find the scale at 175 again! I think, for me, exercise is a HUGE part of the weightloss, especially as my thyroid dies from the radiation. So I'm going to keep trying to make exercise a priority.

Also, I took another eating baby step. I LOVE ice cream. Can't live without it, seriously. I've tried measuring it out when I scoop from the half gallon, but somehow more always "falls" into the bowl :o So last shopping trip, I bought a few of those single serving containers with about 150 cal each to them- normal ice cream, Edy's or whatever. I'm hoping since I need ice cream as part of my eating, I can at least control portion size this way. It's more expensive than buying the gallon, but hey- my gym membership also costs and its well worth the benefits to my health. :) (I can not believe I just tried to justify spending more on ice cream for health reasons) :lol:

FIrst, I think I'm the same with exercise. I think it's much more than 80 food/20 exercise for me. More like 65/35. I get a good workout, the weight really comes down.

And what harm is it in justifying more expensive ice cream? Especially if you eat less of it. Then it's a double win. One, you eat less which is good for you and two, the price evens itself out more if I spend the same amount per week.

I love ice cream too. LOVE IT. I hope my blood sugars even out enough so I can enjoy a wee bit in the summer. A scoop of vanilla in cold coffee? WOW! Yum!

And I am so proud of you too! You are rocking it and have a great attitude about everything.

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Ah, found a link! Here it is. And that is how it looks on my body too, though the model is probably a size 14W when I'm a 16W.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/adrianna-papell-floral-party-dress-plus/3095735?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=adrianna_papell_floral_party_dress_%28plus% 29:298729&cm_pla=dresses:women:dress&cm_ven=Like&mr:referralID=1e7cf650-615f-11e0-a86a-001b2166c2c0

TooManyDimples
04-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone. I don't have the motivation to do personals this evening, but I've been reading along today and I'm glad to see lots of good things going on for many of you.

I've had a crummy day. I didn't sleep well last night, my husband and are having some issues and nothing is getting resolved, my sinuses have kicked in. I just feel like crap. I've been fine with my food and water today, but I just didn't have the drive or energy for exercise so I just skipped it. I'm going to try to get to bed early and hopefully tomorrow is a much better day.

I hope you all have a nice evening.

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM

L – turkey bacon sandwich 300
S – banana 100, ½ balance bar 100 (200)
D – chicken casserole 350
S – FF chocolate pudding, PB 150
1250 calories
45 minutes tennis (-330)
920 net cals, 1180 cal deficit

Diana3271
04-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Dimples Sorry to hear about the issues with your DH. I need to get to bed early, too. I hope tomorrow is better for you. :hug:

Berry The dress is very pretty.

Lindsey You did great today!

Total Approx 1440 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Handful of spinach
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast beef 400 calories
Boiled Okra 100 calories
Turnip Greens 100 calories
Green Beans 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Larry H
04-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Everyone seems to be talking and posting pictures about their new outfits.
I felt a little left out so I thought I would post a picture of my new outfit.:D

Well not exactly new, but I do get a lot of comments when I wear it.;):D

Larry,

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Diana - Thank you! :hug:

Larry - :lol: I like the outfit! I'm jealous of your locks! ;)

Diana3271
04-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Larry I love the locks, too. Check out that hot ride you got there! ;)

Larry H
04-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I have always told people that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay in my 1500 calorie daily limit. Today I inadvertantly put that to the test. I had a morning doctor's appointment and my DW had an afternoon doctor's appointment. We ate out at Denny's. I found no nutritional information about their menu and I made the mistake of ordering a Grand Slamwich thinking it would not be too much food. It came with home fries which fortunatly I only ate 1/2. When I got home and looked it up I found that sandwich was a whopping 1320 calories and the 1/2 potatoes added another 109 calories for a total of 1429. That is all I have eaten today and I do not intend to eat anything else today.:dizzy:

My weight is steady at 255.

Exercise was a mile walking, 2 1/2 mile bicycle ride and 6 hours of heavy yard work. :carrot::carrot:

Larry,

berryblondeboys
04-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Everyone seems to be talking and posting pictures about their new outfits.
I felt a little left out so I thought I would post a picture of my new outfit.:D

Well not exactly new, but I do get a lot of comments when I wear it.;):D

Larry,

Looks a lot like the locks I just cut off 5 months ago. Are you sure you didn't take them for yourself?

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/melissa_sinclair2003/melissabeforehaircut.jpg

LindseyLou
04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Dimples - Sorry to hear you're having issues with DH. :hug:

Larry - That's happened to me before! It's amazing how many calories are in things at restaurants! :o

roadbikerchick
04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone :D:D:D

Bunch of personals, then a quick check-in.

Stacy and Novelista: Hang in there! The 170s are just around the corner – maybe tomorrow! :dancer: :dancer:

Shells: might be too late for you to see this, but have a great time! Congrats on the 70 pounds! :cb::cb:

Vixsin: Woohoo to onederland! :woohoo: Soon, very soon it's going to be permanent. :goodscale:

LindsayLou: 138.6 – You’re so close to your goal! :carrot::carrot: And I love the idea of planning for a somewhat higher calorie meal – much less likely to go way off plan that way. Ditto to Berry – life happens if we’re trying to lose weight or not. Glad for you about the internship. :D

Welcome back, Krampus!

Surfergirl: way to go on keeping the motivation! :carrot:

Oh, Berry, that sounds like a fantastic sale! And the dress looks lovely on you!!! :whoo:

Still: From one ice cream lover to another - great idea for your baby step! :yay: I do something similar. I have these ½ cup ramekins, and I serve myself ice cream in one of those.

Hey, Dimples, that’s okay. :hug: A good night’s rest will help you both mentally and physically. Helps us lose weight, too!

Ha Ha, Larry, too funny! :rofl: :rofl:

Okay, so I blew it somewhat today. I had about 2300 calories, too high for me. :o Dh came home with a tub of specialty ice cream, and I had some. :drool: At least I rode my bike - hard - for 68 minutes, so that burned a lot of calories. Oh well, it wasn't all bad, and tomorrow's a new day! :D

Good night, all! :faint:

K9Owner
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
WoW!
What an inspiring group of people!
Any room for a newcomer??
I certainly hope so.
Even though this is at the end of the week, there's no better time than right now to start something great, so :cheer:
I am in my 3rd week of my "getting back to reality lifestyle adjustment" after ceasing diet Rx. I managed to not loose one ounce during the first 2 weeks :( which is not so bad, considering I didn't gain any either, and I have taken the Rx this time around for abt a yr!

No worries though, b/c this is my 3rd time around this block in 17 yrs, and I know what I have to do to get back to where I like and love to be--20 lbs smaller!!!

New to 3FC and am looking forward to sharing many successes with all of u!

((soon 2b tracker)) HA :D

stacygee
04-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome K9... this is a great place to come daily and share all that is going on and find and give support. Glad to have you!

Diana3271
04-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay: :dance: I hope you have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!

K9Owner Hi and Welcome! :wave: There's always room for more!

still
04-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

K9- :welcome: This is the best place to be if you want to be accountable! Everyone here is so great!

roadbikerchick- At least you got some exercise in yesterday! Maybe your calorie spike yesterday will confuse your body a bit. Have a great on plan day today!

Larry- What a great pic! And I hear you on the high cal Slamwich. Sometimes I have no idea how they pack so many calories into things!

Dimples- Heres hoping today is a much better day for you. I'm sorry yesterday was so sucky. :hug:

Melissa- Thank you. You have been such an inspiration and so supportive, and I really appreciate it.

Diana3271- Thats where I am on desserts these days. They need to be single serving or very small, otherwise I'm liable to eat the whole thing! :D

To everyone else- Hello! I hope you all have great on plan days and favorable scales. :wave:

In my world, I'm finally changing my ticker- I saw 174 today on the scale. So I'm officially feeling solidly 175 now. :carrot::broc: I'm going to order my heart rate monitor today.

Yesterday was a great on plan eating day. Breakfast was my normal 260ish cal breakfast and lunch was about 350 cal (I ate the school lunch hot dog and the veggies, but skipped the coleslaw and the baked beans). I had my cute little single serving ice cream as an afternoon snack (150 cal) and DH took us out to dinner, so I had a steak (which I cut in half), veggies, and salad. Yum! Why didn't I learn years ago that eating this well was so delicious!

I didn't make it to the gym because DH, little man and I took a long walk around town. It was great to be moving, and I probably burned a few calories, but today I definitely have to make it to the gym and get the heart pumping! I'm aiming for (and reaching, most of the time) a minimum of 3 days a week or high intensity gym strength and cardio.

tinamariex16
04-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I've been going to the gym every day this week, to at LEAST do an hour of cardio.. and I feel like the more I work out the hungrier I get and I lose control of what I'm eating.

With that being said..
I hate a whole box of mac and cheese, then my dad brought me home a small pizza.. and I ate that too.. That was all I had to eat yesterday. Bleh.

Self control is not my strong point.

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Good Morning and TGIF! :yay: :dance: I hope you have a wonderful Friday and an even better weekend!

Boy, you said it! Though I hope today brings good news for Fed. Gov't workers. My husband is a big stress ball. Of course, he also wants it to be a solid deal and not a stupid deal. It will be a miserable weekend if my hubby is a ball of nerves.

Down nearly 2 lbs today. Yesterday's spike was probably sodium, but a new low by a pound!

Yesterday the weather was great, so I walked 4.5 miles. I was SOAKED with sweat when I came in. Last night was the first night I could walk as fast as my heart needed without dealing with shins. I did finally have an epiphany last night though about my shins and why they hurt. I have very, very weird toes. I have one normal sized toe - the big one, and then the rest of the toes are half the size of the big toe. It's not that my big toe is big, but the others are super small. So, I can't roll my foot all the way up like most people do and by not being able to grab with my toes and push off with my toes, I am never fully releasing the contracting phase of the shin muscles, They get overused. I tried last night, when they were beginning to ache, to roll more of my feet (felt a bit lopsided as I only have that one big toe filling the shoe) and when I did that, the aching subsided. Which probably means I should go to a podiatrist and see what I can do to strengthen my toes to help me roll better and/or order orthotics that help with that.

roadbikerchick
04-08-2011, 08:47 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! :coffee:

Still and Berry: good for you on the long walks yesterday.:carrot::carrot:
K9 :welcome: This is a very encouraging place to be.

I just feel so lazy today. I have a headache, and I haven't gotten off my - ahem - glutes to do anything yet. Scale said 140, which isn't bad, just it's not in the 130s like yesterday. :( Can hardly wait to get back to the 130s.

Berry, you've inspired me to do some shopping - and this is from a woman who's not into shopping. I wish I could get shopping lessons from you. The deals you find are incredible. My daughter is getting married in the fall, and I need to get a dress. Someone told that because the mother of the groom has a full-length dress, I have to have a full-length dress. What do all of you think? :?: The bridesmaids are all wearing cocktail length dresses.

I'm out of clothes, too. I kept putting off buying stuff last fall, because I thought I would lose weight. Now I have lost most of the last 10 pounds, and I have almost nothing that fits. The only summer clothes that fit are my biking shorts :o, and, really, they don't belong anywhere but on a bike.

Anyways, I plan to eat 2000 calories or less today, unless I do my long bike ride for the week today, which means I'll have to up the calories somewhat. I'm planning on an hour's workout if I don't ride the bike. :bike:

I'll see you all later. :D:D:D

roadbikerchick
04-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Berry: Congrats on the new low! I knew that pound was just temporary! :carrot: :cb: :broc:

stacygee
04-08-2011, 08:50 AM
tinamarie- after I go to work out at the gym I use that as an incentive to not break my plan and overeat... If I spend an hour burning 600 calories why do I want to spend 5 minutes binging on 600 calories worth of chocolate chip cookies? Try to think of it in terms of the work you put in at the gym... maybe it would help. Make sure you are eating lots of protein and have choices available that are on your program- then you shouldn't get that uncontrollable hunger. Good Luck!

K9Owner
04-08-2011, 09:02 AM
It's official, someone superglued my scale! Therefore, since it will NOT budge off of 160, I'll get a new one!! I was the same size while eating whatever I wanted and sitting at my computer for hours! So saddened!!
:(
Oh, btw, thx for the warm welcome everyone!

((soon 2b ticker)) HA :D

novelistabac
04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Morning Everyone!

Finally managed to get down to 182.8, just one pound from my weigh in last week. However, this weekend's plans are shaping up to be another problem weekend for me. I'm going out for drinks tonight. Going out to dinner and drinks tomorrow night, and sunday there's been talk of going for DIM SUM...UGH! I'm so nervous I'll gain AGAIN!

I hate how I just want to have fun and enjoy myself and eat what everyone else is eating. Why do they not have to worry about it and I do!!??

okay...rant over :)

_________

Diana - Thanks for the other suggestion! I'll look into those too if these PMS pills don't work :)

Still - I understand your apprehension to spend more money on something that may in the end help you with your portion control issues. I have the same problem. My low carb tortillas and high fiber english muffins are about twice as expensive as the regular ones. But I agree it's a long term investment and if it helps me get to my goal, then it's worth it!

Melissa - I am starting to really be able to sympathize with the loose clothes issue. My work pants are so baggy I'm starting to look like I'm wearing clown pants. My jeans are getting big. But on the bright side...a coat that I've not been able to button FINALLY now fits!!

Kim - Sorry you are having DH issues and a crummy day. Hope it gets better! :hug:

Roadbiker - Tomorrow is a new day...temptation sucks though! Have a nice day off! :)

K9Owner - HI!! WELCOME!

Vixsin
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Good Morning All!!!

I am down .2 this morning to 199.6. No worries. Great workout last night. 40 mins on the elliptical for about 500 cals. I've already done 20 pushups today since my shoulder doesn't hurt so much today.

No time to chat right now. I have mountains of work that I need to get to.

I'll check back at lunch.

LindseyLou
04-08-2011, 10:13 AM
WoW!
What an inspiring group of people!
Any room for a newcomer??
I certainly hope so.

:welcome3:

LindseyLou
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
tinamarie- after I go to work out at the gym I use that as an incentive to not break my plan and overeat... If I spend an hour burning 600 calories why do I want to spend 5 minutes binging on 600 calories worth of chocolate chip cookies? Try to think of it in terms of the work you put in at the gym... maybe it would help. Make sure you are eating lots of protein and have choices available that are on your program- then you shouldn't get that uncontrollable hunger. Good Luck!

Totally agree!! It's so much harder to burn those calories than to eat them!

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I've been going to the gym every day this week, to at LEAST do an hour of cardio.. and I feel like the more I work out the hungrier I get and I lose control of what I'm eating.

With that being said..
I hate a whole box of mac and cheese, then my dad brought me home a small pizza.. and I ate that too.. That was all I had to eat yesterday. Bleh.

Self control is not my strong point.

Maybe you need to change when you do exercise. If it makes you hungry, maybe exercise later in the day so that you are closer to bed time and less likely to eat.

Or, change up your snacks by planning on being hungrier after doing cardio and having your food planned out - like hummus and veggies, a protein shake or other things that will fill you up without maxing out the calories in a day.

For me, working out is an appetite suppressant, so I use that to fend off the munchies, but everyone is different.

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Good Morning All!!!

I am down .2 this morning to 199.6. No worries. Great workout last night. 40 mins on the elliptical for about 500 cals. I've already done 20 pushups today since my shoulder doesn't hurt so much today.

Yay on the loss! Yay on the good workout! And yay on a better shoulder! Good day for you!

LindseyLou
04-08-2011, 10:23 AM
K9 - Sometimes the scale tests our patience. I notice it usually hangs around a certain number right before a loss. Stay on plan and wait a few days, I bet it'll budge. ;)

Novel - I totally know the feeling! I used to love to go out to eat and get drinks. Now I kind of dread it, or the fun is taken out of it anyway. I have to watch what I eat, my portions, how much I drink, etc. Everyone else seems careless...I have wondered the same thing..?? :dunno: I would try to go out and eat a smaller portion of something yummy..eat slowly..and enjoy eat bite. We're going out tonight and I'm going to try this!

Vixsin - Congrats on the 0.2! :D You're an elliptical :queen:!
Dang it, up a whole pound on the scale this morning...lovely! I'm thinking I ate too late last night...?? :?: Oh well, getting in a lot of exercise today and hopefully I'll see a change in the right direction tomorrow.

Hope y'all have a great Friday & WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! :D

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Morning Everyone!

Finally managed to get down to 182.8, just one pound from my weigh in last week. However, this weekend's plans are shaping up to be another problem weekend for me. I'm going out for drinks tonight. Going out to dinner and drinks tomorrow night, and sunday there's been talk of going for DIM SUM...UGH! I'm so nervous I'll gain AGAIN!

I hate how I just want to have fun and enjoy myself and eat what everyone else is eating. Why do they not have to worry about it and I do!!??

Well, plan, plan, plan is my advice. First, for going out for drinks, budget it in for a couple drinks and then drink sparkling water or something else for the rest of the night.

If you are going out to eat, plan for it the rest of the day (eating less in the first half of the day) and figure out what to eat before you get there. You can still have a very nice, filling meal if you budget for it the rest of the day. Same with Dim Sum. Figure out which you love and eat a bit of that, then eat lower calorie stuff or stop so you have calories left over for the rest of the day.

I've gone out to eat twice in the last week or so and I had very enjoyable meals without feeling like I sacrificed. At Red Lobster, I just skipped the biscuits, dipped a fork for dressing and ate my fish and veggies (even got a full fish entree - not half) and skipped most of the potatoes. I was fine within my calories for the day. The other night I did similarly, drank water, had a sip of wine for toasting, skipped breads, nibbled a teaspoon of a shared appetizer and then ate my whole scrumptious entree and for dessert had a decaf cappuccino with a teeny bit of sugar to satisfy the "ending the meal" feeling. Neither time was I craving the other stuff because I had enough of the good stuff to feel satisfied. Plus, with recent drops on the scale, that extra bite of cake just meant it was an extra X amount of exercise I would have to do to burn it off. That cake just wasn't worth it. My husband who is also trying to lose weight went all out at those meals and he's gained 2 pounds this week and has had to work it all back off, where I've lost another 2 pounds. It was all about choices and I don't think I enjoyed our nights out any less than he did.

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
In my world, I'm finally changing my ticker- I saw 174 today on the scale. So I'm officially feeling solidly 175 now. :carrot::broc: I'm going to order my heart rate monitor today.

I didn't make it to the gym because DH, little man and I took a long walk around town. It was great to be moving, and I probably burned a few calories, but today I definitely have to make it to the gym and get the heart pumping! I'm aiming for (and reaching, most of the time) a minimum of 3 days a week or high intensity gym strength and cardio.

Yay for the drop on the scale! I'm dreaming about getting to 175 and you're already passed it! Way to go you! And taking those walks with family is a great way for the whole family to burn calories and be active together too. Sometimes I take a walk around our lake with my 5 year old on his scooter. It's not the 'best' workout as he starts and stops every few feet so I stutter my way around the lake like a trolley full of passengers. But we get to spend time together outside and he's learning that movement feels good and is important too. And it is still movement for me/you too.

Have fun at the gym today! There's something great about really getting that heart pumping! Oh, and have fun researching heart rate monitors! I drove myself crazy for a month trying to decide!

roadbikerchick
04-08-2011, 10:37 AM
From Novelista:

_________

I agree with the others - planning is key. Something else that may help is to alternate drinks - one with alcohol, the next a plain club soda. You could try asking for a take-home box as soon as you order, and put half in it right away, as soon as you get it - for the dinner, not the drinks!:D

berryblondeboys
04-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I just feel so lazy today. I have a headache, and I haven't gotten off my - ahem - glutes to do anything yet. Scale said 140, which isn't bad, just it's not in the 130s like yesterday. :( Can hardly wait to get back to the 130s.

Berry, you've inspired me to do some shopping - and this is from a woman who's not into shopping. I wish I could get shopping lessons from you. The deals you find are incredible. My daughter is getting married in the fall, and I need to get a dress. Someone told that because the mother of the groom has a full-length dress, I have to have a full-length dress. What do all of you think? :?: The bridesmaids are all wearing cocktail length dresses.

I'm out of clothes, too. I kept putting off buying stuff last fall, because I thought I would lose weight. Now I have lost most of the last 10 pounds, and I have almost nothing that fits. The only summer clothes that fit are my biking shorts :o, and, really, they don't belong anywhere but on a bike.

Anyways, I plan to eat 2000 calories or less today, unless I do my long bike ride for the week today, which means I'll have to up the calories somewhat. I'm planning on an hour's workout if I don't ride the bike. :bike:

I hope your headache gets better. Nothing worse than trying to get through the day when your head is pounding. That might affect what kind of exercise you get in today too. Hard to exercise with a headache.

And yes, shopping out of desperation! I hear ya! I shop fairly often for my boys as they are tall growing weeds, but for me, especially with me staying at home for the last 7 years? I get NOTHING unless I'm without. I have a closet full of clothes that are either trash or swimming on me and wearing big clothes makes me feel frumpy. I put on my new jeans and new top today and I looked 20 lbs smaller just by wearing clothes that FIT. Now... I only have a couple tops and two pants that fit, so I'll be recycling outfits a lot! As soon as it warms up a bit I'll have to get some cheap t-shirts to get me through the summer.

About where to shop. In Canada you have Winners - definitely hit there and then just keep hitting the clearance racks. Don't even look at anything that's not 50% off if you want bargains. HOWEVER, since you are closing in on your goal weight, you can afford to get 25% off clothes too as you'll be staying in that size versus me who plans to be in them for a couple months only!

And just because the other mother is wearing a long gown does not mean you have to. It just has to match the colors the bride has chosen. Or ask her and see if she has a opinion... Don't let her make too much of a choice (it is your body after all), but you can ask, "Well, what are parameters for what I need to wear - can it be calf length? Or mid calf? Or does it have to be long? Is there a certain color you want me to try to shoot for or whatever works for me besides black or white?) Hopefully that will help and if the bride is too demanding and you can't find what she wants, TELL HER and hopefully she'll ease up.

jomatho
04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hi guys, we are at our second resort now and having a blast. Today was supposed to be relax under a grass hut on the beach (where I am now), but DH is just going over to office to set up jet skiing and kayaking. We just can't seem to sit for very long. Weather has been gorgeous. I could get used to this life. This is an all inclusive so it is a little more challenging eating and drinking. I found some new drinks I like, mojitos and guajitos:o(all vary low calorie of course). Yesterday before leaving first resort we climbed a never-ending staircase that wound along the coastline. My calves are screaming today. At this resort there is a trail up to the top of the coast, but I have to give my calves a rest before we try that. I have some amazing photos, the landscape here is spectacular.
Sounds like a lot of you are doing great with the weight losses! I hope I am not doing too much damage, but am enjoying myself so much. I think my feet have adjusted to the food or heat or whatever, which is good, I hate swollen feet.
Catch you all later!

surfergirl2
04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Hello everyone. Yesterday was on plan with 1990 calories. I hope someday this way of eating will become a habit. It will take a while though!

TooManyDimples
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone.

Well I feel better then I did yesterday. Mainly because I got enough sleep last night. Still having husband issues, hopefully it will get better soon, but he has some things he needs to figure out before I can get past the feelings I'm having towards him right now. =(

I am proud of myself though. I was really upset the other night and I went for a bag of chocolate chips that I had from some baking I did a few weeks ago. I was holding the bag and thinking "Would it really be worth it?" I gave my husband the bag, told him to eat them, hide them or just throw them away. I think I've really gotten far in conquering my emotional eating demons. I'm also on my longest stretch ever of staying on plan. The longest I've ever made it before is about 30 days.

I just finished up my exercise. It was strength today and then I wanted to make up for not doing anything yesterday so I watched a movie and biked. I did a total of 27.5 miles.

Time for a shower, some lunch and then I have some laundry and cleaning to get done. I hope everyone has a great afternoon.

MzJuicyD
04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Well once again ive had another bad weigh-in. Im STILL 263! This is beyond ridiculous

Sum38
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Ladies and Gent,

Sorry, I had to take a few days off; I was so negative about life. I felt I did not want to spread my misery to all. – I get mad at myself when I get that way, and I usually try to take a step back.

I think I suffer from SAD. It has been really rainy and gloomy and winter was incredibly long. – It did not help that my MIL has been in the picture, each and every day.

The last day I posted, it was pouring rain. I had eaten a whole box of black licorice and then as I sat down by the computer, I saw my love handles staring at me…. I carry most of my weight right in my mid-section. I was really, really sad….on top of that my MIL walked in with her friend. They had been shopping at a local mall. Mall is 10 minutes from my house and 12 minutes from her house; opposite direction, though. – If you have ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond…that is my MIL, I think mine is even worse…lol So any case she came because they had to “pee”… in my head I wondered why they did not go to the bathroom at the mall…but needing to pee is the top number one excuse why my MIL pops in. I must have some pretty awesome bathrooms…. I was feeling really down, my house was a disaster because of the home improvements. I have drywall dust and spackle everywhere…furniture is stacked in hallway and kitchen….so I was not prepared for guests…and it was close to dinner time; she loves brining people over for dinner.

Any case she walks in and asks me where my wonderful Ugg slippers are…I had a baffled look and I said I guess in my bedroom. She breezes upstairs and goes and gets them. She had taken her socks off (yuck), and she had my slippers on. She said oh these are so wonderful; I wore them the whole week while you were in Wyoming. – I was in tears. I felt it was such invasion of my privacy. – She had taken my slippers from my closet; closet door was closed, and my bedroom door was closed; while we were in WY. My foot is 6 ½, hers 10 ½…I received the slippers for Christmas. I wondered why they were so stretched out; now I know why. – These are just little things but they happen each and every day. – I want my home. I hate that she feels she can pop in anytime she wants to. – DH had a talk again, and he said we need 24 hour notice from now on.

Thanks to everyone!! You guys ROCK!!