Old 04-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Christian Encouragers ~ APRIL

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #2  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ Yeah, the month of April is here; does that mean spring has arrived -- it seems so! We have had glorious here for the last week (or more) and the "white stuff" has been melting on a steady basis. We are praying for an early spring after a cold winter, so that we can get out to our camping lot sooner this year. WE went up there for a drive yesterday; oh, we love going there so much and we needed it after a harrowing afternoon ... there's too much snow to get in yet; still some high banks from the snow plows, but that all should melt pretty soon.

I tried to get in here but my PC was acting up the last few days; tried tonight and all is well! So I thought I'd start the new APRIL Thread as no-one else had done that yet. We had a lovely day today as well, so we went for very long drive to a friend's place and it was very nice too. Boy, it sure cost us a lot for gas, but it was worth it becuz we saw two flocks of SNOWBIRDS that stopped over here on their way north -- they are so pretty to watch as they fly in formation.

We came home and had a lovely oven dinner; one of those precooked ones you just pop in the oven. I had cabbage rolls and DH had his favorite, which is Shepherd's Pie. I am glad to have a no-cooking night; we try to do this more often now.

Our dear NIKO got lost on us today; DH accidently let him get away ... again. Thankfully, he didn't go far; we went hunting to his favorite places (where other canines live) but then found him just behind our place -- sneaky rascal ... We were thanking GOD and His angels for helping us to find our baby so quickly!!!

Hope you are all well and having some nice spring-like weather where you all live; take good care ... Rosebud
Old 04-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Angie is sitting behind me on her laptop while I post here and watch the baseball game on TV (with the sound off as Angie and I still talk to each other even though we are "social networking" ")

We got to spend some time with my GRANDdaughter today We went over after church to watch her sleep then back this afternoon to see her really awake and attentive for the first time

I posted a couple of short videos and the pictures here ~ http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/...t=MVI_2582.mp4

just keep clicking on the NEXT button ~

I will be working closer to home for a couple of weeks, only 130 miles roundtrip which is way doable for me! I hope to keep in touch a little better, although we may be putting in some overtime so...we shall see

It is a pretty important job for us...my boss even called me today to make sure I was going to be there as planned on Monday...he has been on vacation...I told him I was there with my crew on Saturday...back to the ski slopes he went

ROSEBUD you are in my prayers...thank goodness for NIKO being safe!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

So glad to hear spring time arriving Rosebud and Nikko is safe. Gary have not looked at the videos yet but will tonight.
I got 3 more weeks on being a leader in our group on line. Was wishing I could say I lost a bunch of weight but only 10 pounds got no farther than that but thankful for 10 pounds gone. It is not easy to lose weight when you cannot move like you used to and like to eat. I am a member after this session for the rest of the year. I want it that way I can still encourage others and help the Leaders out.

Last edited by Bootsie; 04-05-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #5  
Rosebud

GARY ~ thanks for the prayers; appreciate them. We're trying to catch up on our sleep the last couple of days; it takes a while and we have some decisions to make over the next while too.

BOOTSIE ~ congrats on the 10 lbs you have lost; hey, that's a goodly amount you know. Lots of folks would love to lose that much any time, trust me. Glad things went so well with your program; we know how much you enjoy it and I'm sure they will appreciate your help too!

GOOD NEWS ~ On Monday, the computer guy I called got back to me (he is very busy), so I ordered a brand new PC with high-speed internet, so I should be set to go in about a week he says! I decided to do this since the price is fair and the other one won't arrive up here until August or later (but I'll use that for a back-up and for personal stuff).

We had ***** here since yesterday but the skies have cleared tonight and the stars are out; and we are supposed to have and warmer temps for the next few days -- that will probably melt all that off. Just had a quiet day at home; so was able to catch up on some of my emails.

Hope all our friends are having a great week; take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-05-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #6  
Rosebud

HEY EVERYONE ~ I hope the scarcity of the replies around here is just an indication that you are all busy outdoors enjoying the amazing spring weather we are having ... am I right? Hmmm?

We had the most wonderful weather today ... all the way up to about 70 F around noon, then it dropped down to about 65 F for the afternoon. Lots of snow was melting today; people were out walking and riding -- some without any jackets too. It is cooling off a bit now, but I hope these kind of temps will stick around so all the snow will melt this week. That would be fabulous!!!

We've had some good blessings this week: my new PC is on it's way with a 22" HD Television screen, dvd & cd burner, and lots of memory & speed too. Plus we received an unexpected IT rebate as well. They changed the forms so much, I didn't know how to figure it out, so I just sent in our income info and they figured it all out for us -- and surprise, surprise ... we got a check in the mail (most of which is going toward our savings for our cabin and some to my new PC). And thirdly, we've been blessed with a quieter week/end around here; thanks for your prayers about that. The kiddies turned their music way down; sure hope it stays that way.

Have a great weekend and take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-09-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Gary, she is a beauty ! What a lucky little girl to be born into such a nice family.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning all! I'm still around. Still taking baby steps on this journey of a healthier me.
Not sure if I told ya'll our grandchild is due Oct. 8th!! They are going to find out what it will be in May. We get to see them next weekend. They live almost 6 hrs away. We are meeting in the middle.
I'm looking into how foods affect inflammation in the body. Very interesting. I'm beginning to think I have some kind of auto immune disease-rheumatoid arthritis or something. Or if it is just my back problems causing me to hurt all over. I know I have fibro. Will be going to a spine dr, then to a rheumatologist hopefully soon, just waiting on the phone call.
School is going well. Spring break this week so yeah!! I do have homework and tests to study for tho.

Well, ya'll have ablessed Sunday!!
Oh 2 be me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #9  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Rosebud-exciting to be getting a new computer

Not much going on here, except running, running, running....soccer practices 3-4 afternoons a week, games 1-2 evenings a week, plus all the regular stuff, like youth group. Trying to get DS3's testing done, so then the school year will be winding down. I'm ready for summer, but not. We have so many projects we need to complete that I just don't know how we'll get it all done and have the money to do them! Little by little will just have to be the theme for the rest of this year, I guess.

Well, shoot, have to go take care of something-bbl!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #11  
Rosebud

HI TO YOU ALL TOO ~ we've had a busy week here also -- I think as the good weather shows up, we will all be busier than ever. We've had people popping by for visits and us doing shopping & errands & favors for others, etc. Plus all our time doing stuff around here as well; little projects & big projects too!

We are making plans for the summer as well; and that takes time, esp as we get ready to go to the lot. We have to pack up some food, water, bedding, and lots of other stuff to take up there for the summer/fall as well. DH is ansy to get up there but they are predicting cold weather with some possible rain & **** for the weekend. So we'll wait for next week sometime, I think ...

YES, I have a new PC on order; hopefully it will arrive sometime soon. Seems the guy is busy; and I'm not sure what happened really??? He could be waiting for some parts to come though. I am getting a bit concerned as someone else told me something not so favorable about him, although it was years ago. Gee, I wish people would tell you these things beforehand instead of after, or not at all so you you don't have to worry ... moan ... Anyhow, we are praying things work out well with no problems; sometimes we just have to have faith!

DH and I are just having a restful night at home as I got a lot of walking in yesterday and my feet were a bit sore today. I picked up lots of books this week: our local second-hand store had a free book day on Thursday, so I gave them a donation instead!

Time to go have my tea and do a bit of reading for awhile; so take good care everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-15-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #12  

I am going to a Good Friday service tonight. I have been chosen to read Matthew 27:32-44. (The Crucifixion ). There will be other scripture readings as well from other congregation members. We have to stand behind the pulpit to read, my fear is that I will fall down on the way to the pulpit or that I wll start coughing or sneezing when I read,
Old 04-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

You will be fine BARGOO!

for the first time in 15 or so years Angie and I will not be reading at service tonight. She is playing bells in front and the readings tonight will be from the choir loft. Angie told vicar when he called that I could not be counted on with traffic from the job I am on right now...I did get home early enough but will sit with my family in the pews for the first time in a long time on Good Friday instead of reading from the choir loft...

Reflection and sadness surrounds me tonight....
Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
You will be fine BARGOO!

Reflection and sadness surrounds me tonight....
Well, that is what Good Friday is all about isn't it ? By the way have you ever read Psalm 22 ? I am embarrassed to say I had not read it before, or if I had I had forgotten it. It is powerful.

Last edited by bargoo; 04-22-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Well, that is what Good Friday is all about isn't it ? By the way have you ever read Psalm 22 ? I am embarrassed to say I had not read it before, or if I had I had forgotten it. It is powerful.
Honestly, I am not sure that I have...but....

I have recited the words" My God, My God why have you forsaken me"....many times in the Good Friday readings at church.....

Thanks for "leading" me back to scripture tonight Bargoo....

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-22-2011 at 07:59 PM.