Weight Loss Surgery - feeling cold!

View Full Version : feeling cold!

Tiffrutherf
04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Ive been feeling cold:shocksn: the last few days or so, some days more then others, & some days Im just freezing (like now) does this have anything to do with weight loss?

hatgirlie
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd like to know the answer to this, too. Same thing is happening to me. Always so cold. Before losing some weight (dieting), I was always turning the air on. Now I always have the heat cranked up. Still, glad to be losing the weight, and if I have to be cold then I can deal with it! lol

Tiffrutherf
04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Right hatgirlie, I agree, I'll freeze my butt off to be thin...but if I start growing fur then I'm in trouble!

jiffypop
04-03-2011, 05:04 PM
wear a sweater. get used to it, tiff!!! your body has changed, your metabolism has changed. one of my very dear friends moved to phoenix from NJ because she knew she'd be WARM finally!

it eases up after awhile - for most people.

now, for people who are losing weight the old-fashioned way, i'd be thinking about getting a workup for anemia, just to be on the safe side. being cold could of course be related to weight loss, but usually the loss is fairly slow and gives your body a chance to adjust, Tiff's surgery is a little different.

hatgirlie
04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm doing it the old fashioned way. Low carb/less food/more exercise. I think maybe when heavier the fat/weight kept me warm...also, I read it could be the metabolism slowing down (hope not). In any case, I'm still losing. I just walk around in my robe a lot at home. Whatever it takes. :)

juliemarie
04-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I was always the person sweating when others were cold, roasting at night while sleeping, wearing lighter clothes in the winter than most and using the air conditioner. Now I'm freezing, wearing socks and slippers in the house with a fleece jacket. I even sleep in a sleepshirt, stretch pants, the fleece jacket and socks and still am cold for the first couple of hours.

It's gotten slightly better (except at night)-I just try to keep moving. Doing a couple rounds of boxing on the Wii helps!

Tiffrutherf
04-04-2011, 08:08 AM
Jiffy- How do you know so much? Wow your right!!! Now I have start to notice that i no longer need a noon nap. I use to sleep everyday from 11-2 no matter what. Now I find myself up during this time board. I cant believe I slept for so long EVERYDAY!

I heard that a low carb diet could also cause the "cold" feeling...

rachael
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm still pretty cold all the time almost a year out.