WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for April!!

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for April!!

Tammy
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello! This thread is for those who would like to Chat with others who weigh in on Thursday, or for those who used to weigh in on Thursday, or those who have never dreamed of weighing in on Thursday. It is for EVERYONE!!!!! This group is a wonderful group of women. I haven't been here for a while because of Health problems, but I hope I start making it back soon!!

jar1965
04-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Tammy! Thanks for starting us out! Hope you are feeling better! ((hugs))
jeanne

jar1965
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Good morning! Good morning! Good morning! I hope everyone is off to a great w/e! Mine is busy! But what else is new! lol!
Sorry I've been gone for so long. We have had a death in our family, a birth in our family, two birthday parties, one 50th anniversary party and one daughter/boyfriend break-up......... and I HAVE BEEN SWAMPED at Sweet Baby Depot!
I hope everyone has been good and able to stay OP! It's sooooo hard to stay motivated in the winter time! I have gained a smidgen. But overall I have to be pleased that I have maintained (basically) for a long time now! Jessica and I have been walking and watching and drinking lots of water. We will be leaving for the beach the first week of June. So, thats been our incentive!
Well Abby (our dog) and Peanut (our house bunny) are telling me it's time to eat and be played with, so I better scoot. I have my laundry all done and the house is tidied up!
Jessica and I are going to get our nails done, JC Penney's and out for lunch!
Have a great day friends!

Tina
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Good day!
Tammy, thanks so much for starting us off.
I'm so glad you are more than halfway through your mess!!!!!

Jeanne, you are way too busy, girl. I'll bet you wish for some easy days at the store, don't you. :lol: Hmmm....maybe not.

Maureen, how's that new car? We want to see pictures.
Mimi, how is your part of Canada? When does it get warm?

Dori, we miss you!
Susan, I hope this is a relaxing weekend for you. Are you going with Pat tonight?
janelle, how's the baby doing?

We have a dining room rug--finally! I promise to take a photo and post it today. Maureen, it's red.
I really have to begin journaling again. I keep going up and down, weight-wise. I'm so tired of this and so exasperated with myself.

We can do this!
:flow1:

Tammy
04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Jeanne, I'm feeling icky, but that's what I expect during chemo week. Hopefully by Monday I'll feel better. And no passing out at Dollar General this time!! That was embarrassing!

I need to get out and do some walking during the good week. I want to be able to enjoy the time with the rest of the tour in Europe the beginning of July. My brother thinks that I'll be ok, so I'm hoping he is right. He and my sister in law were just in France, and they had an 80 year old on the tour that did fine.

Tina, woo hoo to red carpet!!!! Love it!

I changed my tracker to show the weight I've lost during chemo. Just hope I don't put it all back on. I've made Tim and Lauren promise to help me keep it off. I bounce back and forth between losing 25 & 27 pounds. Dr. isn't happy that the weight is down that much, but I had alot to work with! It's just hard to eat when you feel icky.

maureen kempster
04-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning all

Tammy, I hope you start feeling better soon. When are you off on your European trip? That's so exciting. When I lived in Alberta I always came out east on holidays. Now that I'm east I seem to always head west! I hope to get away on a real holiday one of these days. I think I'd like to head to Cuba next winter if I can afford it.

Tina, post some pics of your condo. I'm sure it's fantastic from the way you've described it.

Susan, how's school going? Are you still using a trainer?

Mimi, how the weather in your neck of the woods? It's sunny here today and supposed to go to 11C. It's looking like a nice day shaping up.

Jeanne, how are the businesses going? You sound so busy.

Janelle, how's work and your new grandbaby?

If I missed anyone I didn't mean to. I hope we all have a great day on program. And oh, yeah!! I love my car!!!

maureen

Tina
04-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi,
Here are 2 photos. Yea!
First we have our dining room with the new red rug. (Now I can get curtains :D )
Second, this is taken from the living room looking into the kitchen. (The china cabinet belonged to my parents.)

I've been off program all day. But, tomorrow is the beginning of a new day and I'm going to stay OP!

maureen kempster
04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
I knew your place was beautiful-red's my favourite colour too-love it Tina

auntie
04-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi All,
So much has been going on! School is going like crazy! They are RIFing people. 11 at my school. I was safe. I found out they might want me to move up to the senior high! My girl will go with me but I want my whole crew to go!

My friend had her double mastectomy and will start chemo soon.

My aunt has her tumor again. The last scan in Dec. Was clear. The tumor is 3 inches and just up a little from where it was. She has had her life time limit of radiation and the cancer is chemo resistant!

The band is off for 2 1/2 months! Yea!!!! He mowed Friday night. Saturday, we worked outside all day. We redid the front flower bed and then did our vegetable garden.

Now get this, I think we might get chickens! Silly I know but I'm excited. I mentioned it to Pat and he said OK!

Tina, love the rug!!!
Maureen, I'm excited about your car!
Jeanne, you've been busy!!! Glad your business is doing so well.
Tammy, I think you will keep the weight off! Not the way to do it though!! Hugs!!
Mimi, what is new with you?

Well, I'm off to get ready for bed. Sweet dreams!

shcirerf
04-04-2011, 12:18 AM
Hey everyone! My long weekend in Lincoln was great! Had a good time, and definitely needed the break.

Not the best food wise. But not too bad either. Used all my WP and 9 over that. I'm comfortable with that. I could have made a few better choices, but on the other hand watching what others around me were eating, I was a rockstar!

I went to a high school football coaches clinic with my son, who coaches. The University puts it on. Lots of great speakers. And we get to go to practice and interact with the Husker coaches and ask questions and watch practice.

There were about 600 coaches there. A lot of them overweight, and I was astounded at the amount of food they put on their plates at the 2 meals we were served there.

The Huskers nutritionist did give a very good talk on nutrition. Bob Stoops was the big time guest speaker.

We did go to the Mongolian Grill for lunch one day. Wow! I could live on that. And it's easy to make a good meal that is good for you.

The babies are doing well. Devani is crawling now, and Allie is holding her head up. Got to get off to see them. Maybe this weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

jar1965
04-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone! This morning Bob & I had our coffee on the porch! Yay!!!! However......severe storms headed this way! It is so windy and raining so we moved indoors! :o
I have been OP but NO exercise! Jess and I walked several days in a row....and then....I don't know what happened!?!?!? Life, I guess!
Bob goes for an MRI on his knee this afternoon. He will probably have to have surgery again.
Kaitlin is still behaving as tho she suffered a death! I can't believe how young love is taken so serious! Breaks, breaks, breaks my heart to watch her!
Sweet Baby Depot is doing well! Sometimes I am overwhelmed! hahah!
Well have a great day everyone! Stay OP, try to get some exercise in and drink the H2O!
Hugs my friends!
jeanne

jar1965
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi......me again.....38564

Tina
04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
Afternoon,
How's everyone done OP today?
Larry has been home sick but I've stayed OP. For tonight, I bought a angel food cake and I have frozen peaches to put on top. That will be a good dessert.

Jeanne, how did Bob do with his MRI? I'm guessing he didn't have to go all the way inside the MRI. I'd get
claustophobia. (sp?)

jar1965
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Maureen...LOVE your new photo! May have to steal that one too! ;)

Tina...........Remember how I posted that we were having high winds.....lol....well.....Bob got to his MRI, got completely ready and the POWER WENT OUT!!!! And it stayed out! So, they re-scheduled him for Thursday at 7:00 a.m.! He is hoping that he will not have to have total knee replacement. This will be his 3rd knee surgery, if he has to have it......

Susan .......Hugs my friend!

Tammy......Thinking of you and praying always!

Dori......Whats new girl? You are awfully quiet! ((hugs))

Janelle......Hope things are good your way....you seem busy too!!!!

Marion.......Working???

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Gotta run. I slept in today! I've been playing catch up ever since! I think I'm going to take tomorrow morning off at Sweet Baby Depot! Sighhhh! I'm dreaming about crochet easter eggs!!!! lol!

Have a great day ladies!

maureen kempster
04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Jeanne

I'll post it on fb for you

lol

maureen

shcirerf
04-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Love the red rug!

HOpe the MRI turns out ok.

:hug: for anyone who needs one.

Work crazy this week. Doc is not in on Wed., and I'm off tomorrow afternoon.:carrot:

WI tonight, stayed the same. I was sweating bullets after my fun days out of town.

Got in a good WO today. Went to Wal-Mart and bought 800#'s of a combination of topsoil and manure in 40# bags. I had the clerk page the garden boys to help me. Not lazy, just on my lunch and in a hurry. No one showed up, loaded it myself and then unloaded it when I got home. :carrot:

jar1965
04-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Good morning! Taking the morning off from Sweet Baby! (It's killing me not to jump right in to it!) :dizzy:
I am going for a walk and then going to the Nissan Dealership to pick Kaitlin up. Her car had a recall.
Then I think I'm going to rip the kitchen, dinning room and living room apart and "spring" clean it today! Baseboards, window frames, stuff like that........
One day next week, I'll shoot to get the upstairs done too!
It's suppose to be 56 today and then in the 60's till Sunday when it is suppose to be 78!!! Wooohoooo! I can't wait!:carrot:

Have a great day everyone!

Tina
04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Good morning, good morning :D

Thanks for the comments on the rug. We loved it the first time we saw it. We really didn't want to spend much money on a rug but finally came to the conclusion that it should last forever. :lol: :lol:

Janelle, wow, you are strong! I can't imagine lifting that many pounds of dirt. Don't give yourself a hernia. You have a great afternoon off today.

Jeanne, where on earth to you get so much energy. I have a couple of bathroom floors for you to clean. :dizzy: I'm still not used to cleaning marble tile. How is Kaitlin doing? Better I hope.

Susan, how are your gardens? I'm envious of y'all having so much room outside. :D
Mimi, what's going on? Any new exercise tapes?

Maureen, I love our new photo. When does it get warm where you live?

Tammy, love you and hope you are feeling better this week.

Dori and farmgirl--we miss y'all and hope you read this and post.

I'm off for a haircut. It's soooo bushy.

Tammy
04-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Maureen, I leave for Europe on June 29. Cuba would be an interesting trip! My brother is thinking Ireland for 2012. He told me to think about it.

Tina, I LOVE the red carpet and the china cabinet!! I bought an angel food cake not too long ago.

Susan, so glad that you are safe at your school! I remember those days when we just didn't know. Prayers for your friend and your aunt!! I'm hoping that I can keep the weight off.

Hi shcirerf!!

Jeanne, I just love the baby things!!!!!

Tammy
04-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Janelle, wow to loading all that stuff yourself!!!!

Jeanne, warmer weather sure is nice, isn't it? The wind was so strong yesterday and today. Maurice almost blew away!

Tina, love you too!!!! I hurt some today, but it really didn't bother me becaue I SLEPT ALMOST THE ENTIRE DAY!!!!! Is that crazy or what?

jar1965
04-07-2011, 06:16 AM
Good Morning!

Tina - I forgot to mention.....I LOVE the red rug too!!!! We actually have one almost like it in our family/toy train room! I think it is on fb under "peanut"...lol!

Tammy - YES TO NICER WEATHER! Urgh! And, yes, it was very windy!!! I took my wreath off the door because I didn't want it to get ruined! Europe!?!? Yay!!!:carrot:

It's 6 am and I am up and at it. Bobs MRI is at 7:00 and then out for breakfast and to the grocery store! Then he is off the rest of today.
I set up an Etsy Store. Added about 10 things to see how it works. I guess it is Ebays baby?!?!? I hope it takes off! It is hard to decide on prices. What I think was a lot of work and worth $$$, others don't and vice versa!!!!:o

Hey to everyone else this morning!! Have a great day and stay OP and drink your water!
((hugs))

Jeanne

jar1965
04-07-2011, 11:29 AM
MY WEAKNESS..........MILKY WAY.....SIMPLY CARMEL.....7 POINTS!!!!! I can and sometimes do, eat one every single day! Urgh!
just sayin'!!!!

Tina
04-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I LOVE Milky Way bars!!!!!
Have y'all tried the 3 Musketeer truffle sticks? You get 2 in a pkg. I got to going for gas and getting that and a Diet Coke to go. :lol: Well, I did get a DC.
Jeanne, how was Bob's MRI? When does he get the results?

Tina
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Me again----I just calculated and the 3 musketeer crisp package is worth
5 points. Hmm...I do need some gas today. :)

maureen kempster
04-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Tina & Jeanne

I could live on those chocolate bars!!! Tina, the points shouldn't count if you ate it with a diet coke lol

jar1965
04-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi Tina............His MRI results should be in the few days! I'll letcha' know. and Kaitlin......she is still terrible. Not as bad, but .......still crying and mope - ing. Thanks for asking about them.

Headed to WW this morning. I know (cause I peeked) that there is no change. :(

jar1965
04-08-2011, 08:56 AM
So.....just cleaned my kitchen....while I was in there....I thought....figure out the points on some of this "stuff" in my cupboards! So, got out my points calculator and perm. marker"ed" everything I could! lol
Anyways.........while doing that I discovered that (if I'm doing it right) Hamburger Helper, Asian Style, is only 2 POINTS for 1 CUP!!!!! It looks amazing too! I think I'm going to make it for dinner tonight! (I was avoiding it, because I was thinking it probably had a ton of points.)

Just thought I'd share...........Back to work!!!! lol!

Tina
04-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Happy Sunday! :carrot:
We went to Olive Garden today. There went my 49 WP. :lol:
It was soooooo good. Fortunately, there was lots of whitish iceberg lettuce in the bowl. That's the best kind I can have while on blood thinner.
Just a little over ONE MORE MONTH of this warfarin. (Excuse me for shouting.)

What's everyone doing today?
It's hot here. I do believe that our Spring is already gone. It was 92 here yesterday!
Hello Summer!

jar1965
04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Good Morning everyone!

We got to 82 degrees yesterday! wow! I didn't do anything tho cause I didn't and still don't feel good! darn cold!

Well gotta run! See you later!

Tina
04-11-2011, 10:27 AM
:dance: Monday!!! :carrot:

Jeanne, so sorry about your being sick. Larry's been sick for a week now. On Saturday, he finally got to a doctor.
Do you want some of his codeine cough syrup! :D

Everyone have a great day,

maureen kempster
04-12-2011, 05:32 AM
good morning everyone

As Tina was saying, we're a quiet bunch - it must be spring fever! It's getting mild here too, not as hot as all you lucky people down south but we're getting there. I'm using my treadmill again-well I have for the last 3 days! I'm stuck so I thought I should get back on that thing. Maybe my numbers will move or at least it'll make me feel better.

We have to move my mother again. The place she's in now didn't get any provincial grants so they can't provide the nursing care she needs. We're not happy about them giving us 2 month notice to find her another place. They never brought up funding when we took her there. My sister had an appointment yesterday and the place had one room left. My sister says it's really a nice place, they've accepted my Mom so that's a relief-she moves in in May. At this point, my Mother's not happy with anything.

Work- they've started to train me to take over payroll when the young lady leaves on maternity leave. Our company just bought out a company that has offices in Halifax, Moncton, Mississauga and Kitchener-we'll be eventually doing their payroll-my take on it all is to learn all I can so I'm more marketable(even for an old person like me) I'd really like to get another job. I'm glad though that they think I'm able to do all this crap they throw at me.

Let's all have a good day

take care

maureen

Tina
04-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Morning here, too! :):):):)
Maureen, that's great about getting more responsibilities. I really Need a job!!!!! Everyone says I look young Maybe that will be in my favor.
That's gross about having to move your mom. I hope the new place works out for her and y'all.

I'm going back to the gym today. Anyone have any new or interesting recipes?

shcirerf
04-12-2011, 10:24 PM
151.8 at WI tonight. ONly have to get to 145. :carrot:

We have been bombarded at work. End of calving season, beginning of spring cattle work to get the cows and calves to grass, so everyone can farm. And now every dog in the county needs it's spring haircut. Plus it's heartworm testing season, and time for all the cattle guys to get their bulls fertility tested, time to get the garden going, and on and on. Unloaded a pick up load of compost on Sat after work, need 2 or 3 more. Woof, that shoveling is a workout. Then haul it to where it needs to be one wheelbarrow at a time. Who needs a gym?:dizzy:

Except for the grooming, work will slow down in a few more weeks. Thank goodness, I need a vacation!

Signed up for the WW walk fit thingy. I think I'm going to go do a walk/run, I'll walk, my knees don't run anymore, at my hometown over Memorial day weekend. Sounds like fun.

Hang in there everyone!

jar1965
04-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Morning!

Maureen - sorry you have to move your mom!

Janelle - Wooooosh! lol!

Have a great day everyone. I'm running over to my girlfriends for coffee this morning and then helping jess make a relaxation gift basket for work. Then......gotta work on going through my stuff and making a "mock" display for saturdays show. I've had so many orders that my inventory has been depleted and I don't know how I'm going to get more made! Oh well....we will see!

Talk later!

jar1965
04-13-2011, 08:36 AM
PS - decided that my milky way avatar wasn't doing any of us anything~ lol

maureen kempster
04-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope everyone's doing well. Janelle, after reading your post I had to go lay down LOL-Holy! you're a busy lady forget a gym. Jeanne, glad you changed your avatar I gain weight looking at pics of chocolate bars!!! You're prettier than a Mars bar anyway.
I've managed to get on the treadmill everyday since Saturday-just 15 mins but at least I'm on it. Hopefully that will move the scale.

Hope all of us have a great day on program

maureen

Tina
04-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Good monring!
Maureen, good for you, getting back to the treadmill. I do wish that mine still worked. :(
Even that 15 min. will do lots of good.
Janelle, I agree with the others that you are way too busy right now. I hope your garden is great!
Jeanne, be sure to let us know about Bob's MIR. Where is your show on
Saturday?
Mimi, are you still using those tapes?
Tammy, you're almost finished!!!! :carrot:
Susan, you are too quiet. I'm sure, like me, you aren't getting notices of our posts. Are you still bowling?

Dori and farmgirl, we miss y'all.

Not a whole lot going on down here. Just living! :lol:

jar1965
04-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Good evening everyone! This is so unlike me to be on 3fc in the evening. I just sat down and thought I'd check in before American Idol comes on.:D

Worked all day on those baby doll cradle purses for Saturdays show.

Tina - the show is a "craft - vendors" show at a local fire hall! lol! But......it's a BIG one!

Well, I better scoot.........
Have a great night!

((hugs)):hug::hug:

Tina
04-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon,
I'd like a Milky Way bar about now. :lol:

I spent 10 pts. on my lunch. That was good since I only spent 2 for breakfast. :D
I had a California Kitchen little Hawaiian pizza. Very good

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

shcirerf
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Got a few minutes. Been cleaning house, Wow, it was getting deep.

Got another load of compost today. Gonna run out and put some lettuce in and then head out to my girlfriends to dig some raspberry bushes.

Ate supper with the boys, their wives and the grand babies last night Lots of fun, they are so cute.

Saw under 150 two different times this week. It will stick one of these days soon!

maureen kempster
04-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Good morning everyone

The weekend's over & it's time to start a new week-I'm so happy we only work 4 days this week. I started my training last week and I have to tell you I don't mind learning new things but I really hate feeling stupid. I can't wait until I can retire. Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to. I bought an outfit this weekend for our awards gala(29th of April) this is a must attend function. Just another reason I don't like working where I do.
My holidays can't get here soon enough. I'm really looking forward to them because if I'm going to be doing payroll I'm not going to be able to take a week at a time it will be a friday here and there. Oh well enough of this feeling sorry for myself.

Janelle you sure are a busy lady.

Susan, where've you been? Hope all's well with you.

Tina, what have you been up to? Have you been feeling okay?

Jeanne how did your show go?

Tammy, hope you're feeling good too?

Marion, what have you been up to? Did you get that ugly weather too? We didn't get the snow but it's been wet and cold. My sons live in Alberta and Calgary got 21 cm of snow saturday!!! not good

well I hope we all have a great Monday.

Maureen

Tina
04-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Morning,
Like Maureen says, it's a short work week. :carrot: Larry can't wait for Friday. I can't wait for Friday!!!!! :dance: I'm very proud of you for learning new stuff. I would like to go back to work but am really out of it.
Is everyone cooking Easter dinner? This year we are being different. My sister and part of her family are going out-ot-town. I've been sick with Larry's virus and don't feel like cooking a large meal for the 3 of us.....tradition you know.
So, we're going out to eat---great seafood place. It's not traditional but not much has been, since my mother died. :(

Susan, I hope your mother is doing okay.
Mimi, I miss hearing from you. How are your boys? How is Dan's new job?
Tammy, was this your "week off" and do you feel pretty good?
Janelle, you must take photos of your garden and show us!!!!
Jeanne, how did the weekend selling go? How on earth do you get so many things made so quickly!
Dori and farmgirl, we miss y'all.

Later.....

jar1965
04-19-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning everyone! It's dark and dreary here! About 61 degrees tho.
My show went very very well Saturday! Yay!:carrot:

Tina - Everything I make......is small! hahahah! I have spent so much money on supplies, patterns and actually buying things to copy that I'm not sure I'm in the green????!!!!! lol! No seriously, it is so much fun and I don't have any small children to take care of and I'm unemployeed! AND...my husband works like 72 to 90 hours a week. He usually works 7 days with 3 of those being doubles! Both of the girls are grown and working too!

Well, I saw on fb that I sold one of the babydoll cradle purses and the my first purse that I posted yesterday, so I better get it ready and make another one.

I have not been doing very well staying OP at all! So, I turned over a new leaf today. I know, it is my million-th leaf this year and it is only april! :dizzy::dizzy:

So heres to a new start for me! Have a great day everyone!

shcirerf
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Down another 1.4. :carrot:

:hug:to everyone.

put out broc and caul and 100 onion sets and unloaded a pickup load of compost on Sunday, and planted the 10 raspberry bushes I got from my girlfriend. Then the weather went to crap.

I WANT SUNSHINE! I want my veggies to grow. Tomatoes are abut $3 a pound here right now, I'm dying from tomato deprivation!

I want to pack up my sweatshirts, and winter boots, and coats, and put on tank tops and shorts, and flip flops. I want to go swimming and golf, in between gardening and working and all that other adult stuffs.

Tina
04-20-2011, 10:34 AM
:bravo: Janelle :carrot: That's a great loss. I will weigh tomorrow.

Tomatoes, I laughed the other day because they were on sale for $1.99 @ lb. That used to be very, very expensive. :D
I went ahead and bought a few for Larry to enjoy.

It's another hot day here. The heat index yesterday was in the 90's. Summer is in south Texas.

jar1965
04-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone! Just sitting here watching American Idol......so glad Scotty was safe....he's too darn cute! lol

Stayed TOTALLY OP today!!!! I got thru my first full day of "back at it"!!! :dizzy:

Hope ya all had a great day!

((hugs))
jeanne

jar1965
04-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Day 2!!!!! Urgh! It's like having a dentist appt. ......2 days in a row....... lol

And.......I was all proud and excited that I made it totally thru Day 1 OP! Yea. at 10:00pm when I packed Bob's lunch......used 4 POINTS from my weekly points because I can't wait be in the stinkin' KITCHEN without my hand going to my mouth! Ahhhhhhhh!

I did a great job on my water! Plan on the same thing today!

Have a good day everyone!

Tina
04-22-2011, 11:22 AM
:cheer3: Jeanne, you can do it!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Send some of your positive thoughts this way. :)

Larry is home today and we went for pancakes at Whataburger. I'm not even going to look at the points for those. :(

Everyone have a great morning.

:easter:

Tina
04-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Okay, tomorrow is Easter. Yea! I'm getting ready to dye the eggs. Yes, I still do. :) This year it's only going to be 3 eggs. But, I'm doing it. I'm wondering which colors I should use. Hmmm....

maureen kempster
04-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Good morning all

Just came back from breakfast with my brothers & their wives(1 anyway)-did okay-just had a toasted tomato sandwich and this time I didn't eat the homefries.

It's raining here and not very nice-
tomorrow I'll have dinner at my sister's and that's about it for me. I really want to do a few things around here so I don't feel like I've wasted the whole weekend.

I hope we all have a great day.

Tina, how about yellow, pink & mauve? those seem to be the typical Easter colours-or are you going to go all fancy like those Ukranian eggs?
take care

maureen

Tina
04-23-2011, 03:15 PM
:lol: I'm not very adventurous with the egg colors. I used to use food coloring until they started just making gel coloring. Yuck!
This time I bought one of those Paas boxes and will use their color tablets.
I always use the crayon and print on some of the eggs--mom, dad, david, and used to do one for our cat. :(:(:(

Maureen, I love your new picture. I guess I should get me a new one, too.

jar1965
04-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Happy Easter Everyone!

Tina
04-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Happy Easter!!!

jar1965
04-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Hello!

Hope everyone is well! Got on the scale and no changes this last week, so I have to add some exercise!

Kaitlin and I went and did a little vacation clothes shopping. I opted out and didn't get anything because I would like to lose a little in the next few weeks. :^::^: I saw a super cute swim suit at Boscov's that I may have to go try on tho! We'll see. I hate bathing suits. lol!

Stopped at taco bell and had 1 soft taco & a bottle of water for lunch! Soft tacos are 5 Points now. Geeesh! Oh, and something super good.....Newtons fruit thins, blueberry brown sugar! OMGosh!!!! Sooooo goood! But, I need help......3 cookies are 4 Points. Nice size cookies too! So, If I only want 1 or 2, how do I break it down. The serving size is made for 3!?!?!? Does that make any sense?
Heres the info...any help would be appreciated!
Total fat - 5
Fiber - 2
Protein - 2
Carbs - 21
thats for 3 cookies.....

jeanne

maureen kempster
04-26-2011, 05:49 PM
Jeanne

I'd say that 1 cookie would be 4 divided by 3 = 1.33

that's the way I'd calculate I think!! I don't know it doesn't make sense

shcirerf
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
HOpe you all had a happy Easter. Went to my Grandmothers and all of her great great grandbabies made it! 4 little girls 2 year old, 8 mos, 6 mos and 2 mos. What a hoot.:D

Maureen, good for you and your treadmill. How's you're training going?

Jar, Glad your biz is doing well, and :carrot: for being OP!

Tina, pancakes, yumm! A childhood fave of mine. Now I make french toast with Sara Lee 45 cal bread, egg beater and sugar free syrup.

Down .8 this week! And I broke 150.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Now 149.6

Now if the weather would just warm up so I can set all my sprouts outside. Still need at least 2 more pick up loads of compost and then start hauling grass clippings home for mulch. Will need probably 6 -8 over the summer. Glad I can get them for free and the guys load them with the loader. I will get some pics too.

jar1965
04-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone!

Maureen - that was my exact thinking.....but I just wasn't sure!

Headed to the vet with our sweet little abby. Hoping the vet will give her something for pain and stiffness.

Have a great day everyone!

jeanne

jar1965
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Just got back from a "little" walk! Trying to get a little weight off of our dog too! But, she can't go to fast or very far. We took her to the vet yesterday and $384 dollars later.....they told us that it was arthritis! :( So, they put her on Daramax and joint meds and told us to try and get a little weight off of her. She is on a 700 calories a day diet. kaitlin calls it Doggie Watchers! lol!

Well I took a sneak peek at the scale yesterday and gained 1#!!!! I mean seriously?!?!?! Urgh!!!!

Well, hope you are all doing good at staying OP! Have a great day!

jar1965
04-28-2011, 05:07 PM
**Thoughts & Prayers to all the folks down south going thru the destuction of the storms/tornados.
**Hearing Alabama got hit the worst! :hug:

shcirerf
04-29-2011, 12:05 AM
I agree the weather down south, is darn right scary right now.

Anyway, I'm so ready for the weekend.

Tina
04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Hi all
We are spending a few days at the beach. Boy am I red!
We are relaxing and having fun.
jeanne, that is so funny about the doggie WW!
Janelle, good job on the loss.
Maureen, have you mastered all your new job?
Mimi, how.s work?
Tammy, what are you doing?
Susan, how is your mother?

Did anyone watch the royal wedding? We got up at 4:30 to see it. I took a short nap afterwards.
Everyone take it easy.

jar1965
04-30-2011, 06:12 AM
Good Morning my fellow chickers!

Up and at it because as soon as bob gets home we are going out for breakfast before he lays down to go out and do another 16 hours! :(:(

I watched the Royal Wedding Tina! I'm a hopeless romantic and love anything "princess"! lol! I guess its those darn teenage girls I raised!

My sweet little bunny is going to a new home today! I know, I'm a terrible bunny mother!!!! lol! No really, he is going to a friend of ours that has a dairy farm and they have other bunnies and goats and of course their cows. This way he will be outside and able to do his shedding twice a year without me having to use the shop vac on him. (which I think he likes it)!:dizzy:
And he will just be able to be outside. He is cooped up here in our house. With Bobs train taking up the entire downstairs, he hardly ever gets out to get his exercise. I think this is a good decision. Bittersweet! We have had him 2 years. When jess lived at home, she played with him more than anyone.

Well I didn't mean to ramble about that! Ya all' have a great day!

maureen kempster
04-30-2011, 06:23 AM
Good morning all

Hope everyone's been doing well. We had our awards dinner last night-it's a very formal affair and I think that has a lot to do with it being held in the Officers' Mess. The owner of the company was in the army and is now in the reserves. We got to meet a lot of the people from the new offices that we took over. Marion, we now have an office in Kitchener too so maybe I'll get out to see you!!
I'm so glad they've given me lots of time to learn this new job. The person I'm replacing will be going on maternity leave in July. There's so many little things to learn. I told Ashley she wasn't allowed to have her baby until it's ready for kindergarden.

Tina, I'm jealous!! The beach! I live in the wrong part of the world

Well, I hope we all have a great day on program. Have a good Saturday

maureen

maureen kempster
05-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Good morning all

It's another beautiful day here-the sun is out. I've got Boston Baked Beans cooking in the crockpot and Midnight Brownies baking in the oven. These brownies are a recipe from Dr Oz's show and are made with black beans! needless to say, if I eat the beans for supper and a brownie for dessert I don't think I'll have any friends tomorrow!! LOL not sure what the point count will be for these but I'll just wing it

We moved my Mom yesterday. We just brought her over to my sister's for the afternoon and supper-we moved her stuff and set up her new place. We just brought her back to the new residence. Of course she hates it!! We knew that this would be her reaction. I guess this is just part of her disease-It's a very nice place.
I'm just waiting for one of my brothers to come over & we'll go over and visit her.

Let's all have a great day on program and I'll be here later

Maureen

jar1965
05-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Good morning everyone!

Maureen - I hope you took your "bean-o"!!!! lol!

Tina - How is the weather? Have you gotten any of the storm damage that has been going thru the south?

Susan - Hey sweet friend! How is your mom? What is new?????

Marion - I was watching the news last night and I saw that a helicopter went down in the city of Pittsburgh (30 min from our house) while filming a college campus for a reality show. All survived and were from Canada! I thought about you! I don't know why, but I did. hahahah!

Janelle - Hi! Hope you are getting some rest! you are soooo busy!

Dori - where o' where did you go? We miss you!

Soooo, is anyone planting a garden this spring? I usually put in a small one. Since I'm not working, I would like to make it bigger this year.
Anyone have vacation plans?
We are going to the beach. We go to the same place every year! lol!

Well I'm going to go make bob some breakfast! He will be home in about a half hour and then will go to bed and out to work again at 2~ ugh! I hate his job! lol!

Have a good day everyone!