100 lb. Club - Ear Stapling

View Full Version : Ear Stapling

MelissaMartiinson1
04-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Has anyone had this done?? I am thinking about doing it but I wanted some advice from someone who has done it.
Thanks!

Angie
04-02-2011, 11:23 AM
HI Melissa -- I honestly had no idea what this was, so for anyone in the same boat...here's a link ear-stapling for weight loss (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ear-stapling-for-weight-loss/AN01476)

KatMarie
04-02-2011, 02:01 PM
My friend did it a few years ago...didn't do a thing for her.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Hmmmm....doesn't sound like a very wise use of your money.

fattymcfatty
04-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Ummm...am I the only one who thinks this is nuts???

Arctic Mama
04-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Ew and owie! No, I haven't had that done. I wouldnt spend money on acupuncture for weightloss, either. If it isn't a simple, intuitive fix that is directly linked to my habits, don't do it. No magic pills or quick fixes here, they tend to have unforeseen side effects.

seagirl
04-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I thought this was an April Fool's post...

Really, the best and most lasting way to lose weight is the least sexy and exciting: restricting calories to create a deficit. And some exercise. Repeat for the rest of your life.

Slow and steady wins the race, without a raging infection in their ear canal...

Pacifica Bee
04-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Ummm...am I the only one who thinks this is nuts???

No - I thought this was a joke. There is always someone out there to prey on our insecurities I guess. Being a conscious consumer is the best defense against shyster antics like this.

DixC Chix
04-03-2011, 06:19 PM
If this really worked women with pierced ears would all be thin. I know there are specific sites for the stapling but really?!? I have a friend who has just about every space on her ears pierced and she still has a weight problem.

Gale02
04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
DixC - apparently with ear stapling, it's done INSIDE the ear (ouchie! and holy moly dangerous!) to affect something that connects to your appetite control blah blah blah, hooey, scam... :)

anmitche
04-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I had it done a few years ago, and I dropped about forty pounds.I didn't crave soda anymore, and I was a heavy soda drinker. When I had the staples removed I gained all of it back, plus some. Of course, I had a bout with bacterial meningitis, and was not physically active for many months, which probably contributed to the weight gain. That, and I began drinking soda again. I guess this wasn't much help. Sorry!

PaulaM
04-07-2011, 12:52 PM
if it really worked we would all have it done I imagine