100 lb. Club - Treats you want to give yourself when you make your goal?

MelissaMartiinson1
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I am just curious what are some things you will be rewarding yourself when you make you final goal. For me I can not wait to get some cute fashionable close in "normal" size clothes which can be twice as cheap and cute! Also I can not wait to have pretty matching bras and underware. Currently I am not able to find any bras that are pretty AND supportive in my size. AND we are planning to take a family trip to DisneyWorld when I get there. I think it will be just as much fun for me and my kids. :easter3:

Runundefined
04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I want to go on a Mediteranian cruise when I reach final goal. It's a dream I have always had, it's expensive so it's good that I will have at least a year (or two!?) to save.

For making my first big goal of getting to Onederland my DH has said he will take me to the Fontainebleau in Miami (we live in Orlando).. I have always wanted to stay there and walk all over that huge resort!

When you get ready to come to The Magic Kingdom let me know and I will give you lots of local tips! (we live 3 miles from the main gate)...

I also think rewards on the way down are VERY important.. even if it's just a good book. My next reward is at 213 and I am thinking maybe a body wrap or something indulgent that is NOT related to food!

pochamma10
04-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I want to do laser hair removal (underarms, legs, and bikini line) when I reach my goal! I know it's a bit funny - why am I putting myself through pain as a reward?! But I think the reward of not having to shave all the time will be completely amazing!

supergir111
04-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Lots of clothes and shoes lol and a new slr cam

hippy27
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
self acceptance.

lottie63
04-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Custom made jeans.

A cruise to the bahamas. :D

Trazey34
04-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not much of a fan of "i get a reward when...xyz" which is what got me fat in the first place i'm sure ;) LOL I hate waiting! And rewarding myself for losing weight that I packed on in the first place always seemed a bit counterintuitive to me, I made do with some 'way to go's"...... UNTIL i realized that along with weight loss on your body, your feet get smaller! not shorter of course, but less swollen and puffy and fred flintstone-like

I went insane on the shoes :) I freely admit it. I have a problem ;)

QuilterInVA
04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Did you penalize yourself when you gained weight? Good health is enough of a reward for me.

DixC Chix
04-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Did you penalize yourself when you gained weight? Good health is enough of a reward for me.

Yes. Yes I did.

KatMarie
04-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Hubby is getting me a jetted bathtub when I reach goal...can't wait!
I'm gonna treat myself to a whole new wardrobe, of course. Right now I'm just wearing the cheapest clothes I can get at places like Walmart or Goodwill. Don't want to waste money on clothes I won't wear for long right now.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with having a special thing/occasion when you reach goal. If it keeps one motivated, good for them! But, I do agree that we need to treat ourselves nicely along the way.

I do plan on pampering myself. I love my pedicures. I want my first massage. I will also be buying 1 special bead for every 10 pounds I lose and creating a lovely charm bracelet for myself. But, my ultimate goal gift to myself? I want Lasik eye surgery. No more glasses or contacts for this gal!

Eliana
04-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Expensive, high quality clothes. I intend to get a good base wardrobe at the thrift store and start building it up with brand new pretty things that are quality purchases. I'm sick to death of cheap duds.

Fit4Lyfe
04-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Same as everyone else: new clothes, new shoes (although my feet are surprisingly bony already, hereditary, so I don't think they will get any smaller) but I have smaller goals and smaller rewards along the way: mani/pedi, facials, new hairdo, etc.

My big goal date is July 2012 when my family goes on their bi-annual cruise to the Caribbean, so I want to be at goal by then

love02
04-02-2011, 03:39 PM
I have not set a reward for my final goal but i do have one for my next mini goal. a new pair of yoga pants! They are gray and pink, I cant wait! only 4 more pounds till they are mine =)

SweetScrumptious
04-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I have a bunch of rewards planned for minigoals - 10 lbs loss each time. A huge big tattoo piece would be my final reward... there's a bunch of expensive clothing I want but feel like I can't wear at this weight, and I want to get into horse riding lessons (I'm embarrassed sitting on a horse - all your weight gets scrunched up so thought I would make it a minigoal as it's something I really really want to get into).... and some fun ones planned like massages, manis/pedis, etc...

ilidawn
04-02-2011, 05:03 PM
This is probably the worst idea for a reward, but I'd like to get some sushi lol

I think the biggest reward for me though will be being able to wear clothes I want and hopefully all the awesome heels and boots I've gotten over the years but my weight causes so much extra pain I can't bear to wear them long.

Laneyy
04-02-2011, 06:28 PM
New wardrobe, of all the fun trendy things that I can't pull off right now. I actually already have a peacoat for my goal size... or close to it anyways.

pochamma10
04-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Ilidawn Not that you can't wait to reward yourself with sushi if you want, but there are actually a lot of low cal options that work well with many diets. Not sure what plan you are following, but there's a relatively decent sushi survival guide posted at hungrygirl dot com. Hope it helps!

Trazey It's funny but I was looking at my so-called shoe collection today (like all 4 pairs!) and thinking that I can't wait to loose weight so that my feet are less "Fred Flinstone-like!" Love that phrase! I'll definitely go shoe shopping once my feet de-puff a bit. I hate having such wide feet!!

ParadiseFalls
04-03-2011, 05:00 AM
My goal reward will be all new clothes, which will be as much a necessity as a treat, but my big reward I'm looking forward to is horseback riding at 180. It's a somewhat arbitrary number, but I feel like that's the highest weight where I'll be able to feel ok getting back on a horse. I haven't ridden since about 200.

theox
04-03-2011, 08:41 AM
That's still too far away for me to really plan for right now. It would probably be nice to get a nice outfit or two, although I don't think I'd want to invest in a whole new wardrobe as soon as I hit goal, in case I lose more weight. I would like to get a college ring once I get to goal and have skinny fingers. A vacation somewhere where I could demonstrate (to myself at least) all the cool things I should be able to do at a healthy weight would be nice too. It'll mostly depend on my needs, priorities, and available discretionary funds.

ShesLosingIt
04-03-2011, 09:14 AM
my big reward I'm looking forward to is horseback ridin

That's one of my big rewards too! I used to ride ALL.THE.TIME as a kid/young teen then I got real big, real quick and knew it was cruel to even try to get on a horse so I just stopped even thinking about it. I haven't been on a horse since 1996-ish so I can't wait! I know the lady @ the riding center said I was OK to ride now but I still feel like *I* wouldn't want 237 lbs riding on my spine so I'm waiting until 200.

I'm a big believer in rewards for goals. If you don't have ANYTHING to look forward to (whether it be "just good health" or a manicure or a trip or new clothes or whatever) then why not just maintain the status quo - what's the point of doing otherwise?

I've had small rewards since I started this journey - new sneakers for 25 lbs lost, a Wii Fit for 75 lbs, new clothes for 100 lbs and then for 150 lbs, I splurged on a vacation to San Diego in July. Right now I'm at an even 170 lbs - I'm sure I'll do something small for 175 (I bought new bras last night, that might count!) and then for 200 - well, I don't quite know what yet but I'm going to do something awesome to celebrate.As for goal? I don't know - it seems SO far off because I'm still in the 400 lb+ mentality and yet when I think about it, it's "only" 62 pounds away - I could feasibly hit that in about a year or even less. I really want to go on an Alaskan Cruise with my mom & my aunt (she lives in Washington state) so maybe that!

Riesz
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I can't wait for a new wardrobe once I reach size 10-12. Most of my clothes are old or hand-me-downs or otherwise not my style. I can't wait to pick out new clothes that I love and love how I look in them!

I also want to give myself a full makeover and treat myself to a new hairstyle and possibly having my makeup professionally done for the first time.

MelissaMartiinson1
04-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for a new wardrobe once I reach size 10-12. Most of my clothes are old or hand-me-downs or otherwise not my style. I can't wait to pick out new clothes that I love and love how I look in them!

I also want to give myself a full makeover and treat myself to a new hairstyle and possibly having my makeup professionally done for the first time.

If there is a Macy's near you they do free makeup if you call and make an appointment. They actually do a great job and it is just fun. I have done it there for a couple of weddings I was in. I kind of want to do a makeover with new hair too. New body new hair what could be better!!! :D

OhMyDogs
04-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm not entirely sure at this point, I have 2 possibilities in mind, but am not set on either. I am not veiwing clothes as a reward though because in my mind they are a necessity.

When I quit smoking I got a lovely fairy tattoo that symbolizes my older daughter as a reward for myself, so one of my possibilities is that i may get a tattoo to symbolize my younger daughter (granted, I may do this sooner as well, maybe a mini-goal, I'm not sure). The other possibility is a 3 day "cattle ranch" excursion. The cattle ranch may get tossed out the window though, because I am going to go trail riding for my 175lbs mini-goal.

Luckily I still have a lot of time to decide for sure. I love all the options open to me!

torta del burro
04-03-2011, 01:16 PM
I am planning on buying myself a Tissot watch and some jewelry from Tiffany & Co.

sept15lija
04-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Another horseback wanna-be rider here! I'm signing up for lessons soon - I used to ride a bit as a kid but want to get back into it.

Also clothing, I've started buying now as I'm only a few pounds from goal, and I am enjoying it! I'm trying not to go too crazy but I probably at least look at clothes 3-4 times per week....wow what a switch from before when I avoided clothes shopping!

icedragon6669
04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Unsure, Usually I do set rewards, but maybe I failed in the past so many times that I gave up setting rewards

and now I realised today I will hit my goal weight in the next month!!!

and now I sit and go.... I have NO idea what I want! to feel normal is all I want, to not be ostrosized due to my weight, to not have to sit on the sidelines, to live life.

kallismom
04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
I am with Pochmomma, I am getting WAXED! LOL! I have always bee to shy to have it done.

Goddess Jessica
04-03-2011, 10:46 PM
All these horseback riders! I HATE horseback riding. :)

Trapeze lessons for me!

And MAYBE a tattoo to remind me of how far I've come.

bellaella
04-03-2011, 10:55 PM
some new clothes and a nice spa day!! head to toe relaxation and pampering! :)

Elladorine
04-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I want some Harley Davidson biker boots! I'm splurging on those once I finally weigh less than my husband. :cool:

Oh, and anything cute & flattering that can be found in the non-plus size section of any store once I reach that point. :dizzy:

bitetoobreakkskin
04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
mine are as follows :

10-2 new fingernail polishes (i love to paint my nails)
20-movie
30-pedi
40-mani
50-highlights/hair color
60-shoes
70-mani/pedi
80-shoes
90-2 movies
100-trip with my husband (not sure where yet though)...

some of these will probably change along the way, but its the getting there that counts (to me :))