LA Weight Loss - APRIL - LAWL Friends

View Full Version : APRIL - LAWL Friends

Angie
04-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone still out there? Happy April fool's day!

juliemarie
04-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm still here! And the weight is flying off-check out my ticker!

Angie
04-02-2011, 10:04 AM
You got to ONEDERLAND! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

JulieMarie -- That is just awesome...where are the pics, c'mon, we need just one measly pic please!

:bravo::cp::hat::cb::flow1::dance::flow1::cb::hat: :cp::bravo:

juliemarie
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Hee Hee-April Fools! I'll change it to the real weight, which will look much less impressive now! ;)

Angie
04-02-2011, 12:21 PM
OMG -- you totally got me! :rofl:

juliemarie
04-02-2011, 12:39 PM
BTW-I'm getting all gussied up for a charity dinner tonite (had to go buy a dress since it was "cocktail attire" and i had NOTHING-grrrr . . ) so I'll try to snap a pic. Of course, the only dress I could find that I remotely liked is one size too big but whatever. At least it fits and is comfortable.

JLem311
04-02-2011, 10:15 PM
i'm still here too! busy, busy, busy. :) i'll try and check in more this coming week!

JLem311
04-02-2011, 10:18 PM
oh and i updated my avatar pic..and a new profile pic too! :)

JLem311
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
ok..so i weighed today and i about fell off of my scale because it read: 145.8--yeah, i'm still in shock! but i've been really upping my runs and i am proud to say that i've kept up with my food logs on fitday ever since may of last year, without missing one day of tracking and counting everything! so i'm SO PROUD of myself!!

how is everyone else doing?

Angie
04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
JM -- I would love to see you in your new dress!

Jillian -- You're doing awesome, I love your dedication :)

I'm finding that my weightloss is slowing down a bit, but I am sticking with it, slow losses are still losses. I need to review my plan and see if I'm deviating more than I think I am...it's easy for the lines to blur after a while. I do like my high protein plan, but I'm also thinking of just switching over to calorie counting. I'll give it another month or two and see how things go.

JLem311
04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
good morning all. just thought i'd report that my 145.8 turned into 145.0 this morning, so it's official official. :)
thanks for the compliment, angie. i am quite dedicated..i just can't quit. i've done alot of research as to how i need to do things with food intake and exercise and it's definitely worked to my advantage and i've found what works for me.
good luck with the calorie counting..it definitely works! i love fitday.

JM---can't wait to see a pic!!

Joni135
04-07-2011, 10:20 PM
JM - I came on here to check out your stats...saw your funny April Fool's prank! haha...but you are doing great!

Jillian - you inspire so many....great job....I so agree about the exercise, but I don't quite have your dedication.......but I'm getting better and getting in at least 30-60 mintues of something each day.

Hi Angie......looks like the scale is going in the right direction for you too.

They started WW at work, so I joined in.....I'm tracking and trying to embrace eTools.....the beginning days are the hardest, but I'll get there.

Bedtime...y'all take care...JM post a pic

juliemarie
04-08-2011, 12:36 AM
I'd post a darn pic if the site would cooperate! It's too big or something. I make it smaller and it still doesn't like it. grr... . Also-it only lets you put up on pic, right? Kinda hard to do a before and after. Not really crazy about the pics I got the other night either. But-I'm down another size-from 30 to a 22 in pants. And 32 to 24 in tops. It needs to warm up SOON! All my smaller clothes are mainly summer clothes!

Mama Nicole
04-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi girls :)
Yeah, I'm alive. :) I have been super busy with life and all that goes with it. I am still working hard at being healthy and working out, but have really merely maintained for quite some time. I have been working harder the last week or so, so hopefully I can get back into more result oriented mode. I have been kind of down, and I am not sure why. Sometimes I think life and all of it's chores just get overwhelming. Idk. In any case, I know I really do better when I read here and post. It is good to see familiar faces. I miss you all when I am aways. Keep kickin' your fat girl's a$$!!!
XOXO

roxy52
04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Hi All,
I was on LA Gold program. After centers closed I noticed a TV commercial and website for the program. Of course to sign up you have to buy $100+ of product,etc...Can anyone tell me if I can still use my former gold program or is it worth it to update and buy the online program? The moderator tells me that it is new and updated and well worth it. Anyone out there have it???

thanks..

Roxy:carrot:

Angie
04-08-2011, 10:45 PM
JM -- You can upload multiple pics by clicking on the little paperclip to attach a file, then choose 'upload from my computer' and one by one attach the photos you want to share. I've tried to do it here for myself, so hopefully it worked and you can see the result...

Nicole -- We always miss you! Hi!!

transformation724
04-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Hi, my name is Michelle. Thanks to your forum, I was able to finally break a plateau that has lasted for several months. I am doing the 5 week Summer Meltdown. I started at 163.2 on Sunday, Apr 3rd. Today, it's April 9th and I am 158.4. Thank you so much for having this site!

marissaann84
04-10-2011, 09:49 AM
ok... so i am new to this site but saw alot of helpful information on here. i have done LAWL 2 times before and was able to get to my goal both times. i believe i was on the red plan before. i have seen the layouts on here but don't remember the amounts... i know that 1/2 cup cooked of veggies is correct but i don't remember the oz for the meat. i have been trying to really lose the weight for about 3 weeks now and im getting really discouraged. i have only lost about 5 lbs so i thought that i would go back to LAWL. I am 5'9 and 191.2. Is the red plan right for me, and can i use the 48hr hollywood diet drink instead of the takeoff juice? it seems to be about the same stuff. any help would be great! thanks so much!

marissa

Joni135
04-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi new folks...I'm not much help on the program names/colors anymore..it's been so long....but I can tell you that I used to use a Knudsen juice vs the takeoff juice....search for "substitution" on this thread and I bet the options will come up.

Nicole - "I have been kind of down, and I am not sure why." - I read an article that says about this time of year, due to the cold/dark winter months, we are lacking Vitamin D and that causes us to be down...not sure if it's true, but pop some Vitamin D or eat eggs, tunafish, herring, salmon (yuck..i hate salmon), and get some sunshine!

I'm doing WW at Work and tracking my points..suffice it to say that after this weekend, I have managed to use all my extra points...i still have my activity points, but I don't want to use those......not sure what the scale will say on Tuesday....

Boot Camp at 5:30A - off to bed!

juliemarie
04-10-2011, 11:02 PM
The Newbie sticky thread has info on substitutions for bars and juice.

marissaann84
04-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Oh my goodness, the newbie page is so helpful. i have been looking for this stuff for a while. Thank heavens i stumbled upon this website! it is a god send! thanks so much for the info! I work 12hr night shifts 3-4 times a week. i find it had to transition for nights to days with my eating... any suggestions? for example there will be a day where i am up for 36 hours and then another where i am up for maybe 8 before sleeping again... suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

juliemarie
04-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Marissa-shifts like that are hard! And when you get tired-your body/brain craves carbs which makes it harder . . .

The only advice I have would be to plan out your meals for several days-not only what you're going to eat but when. Stick to it EXACTLY and see how you feel. It's going to be really hard to not overeat when you're up for 36 hrs. I'm thinking plan a small meal or snack every 3 hours if your job will allow for it.

JLem311
04-13-2011, 09:03 PM
hey everyone. just wanted to check in, say hi and tell you that i've lost a few more ounces and am in the 144's! :) 144.6, so that's pretty awesome!!! i took my measurements the other day and i've lost 25 inches in the past year too. so overall, a productive year! DH should be back some time next month..no clue when, but some time next month. and my littlest (baby X) is turning 2yrs old in a few weeks!

NewLifeNewMe
04-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi all! My first post on 3FC and I'm so glad I found this site. Like many here I've done LAWL in the past (3 times!!!). The last time was about 8 yrs ago. I gained all the weight back and then some when I quit smoking for a year. So here I am with a major birthday coming up and I am determined to lose the weight once and for all (yeah-yeah they all say that :)). The difference is that this time, I'm at an age where my health depends on it. My goals are modest: I just want to hit 150lbs (26 lbs to go). I'm beyond impressed with the ladies here who've lost 50-60-100lbs and more, a little intimidated really (if they can do that you should be able to lose 30lbs, you wuss), and truly inspired. A big Thank You to the people who started this thing and to the members who are generous enough to share: I've been reading through the forum for the last few days and can't believe how much info I've gotten here. I'm taking the advice (love-love-love Luna bars), doing the 8 week makeover with gold plan - and I've lost 7lbs in 6 days. I intend to get healthy, look good and feel great, and I know that this place will be a huge part of staying on track.

NewLifeNewMe
04-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Newbie question: is it possible to change my name from NewLifeNewMe to NewMe50? Or am I stuck with the long name?

Angie
04-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi NewLife & Marissa! :WELCOME: This board is not very active any more, but there is a lot of great info here in the stickies up top, as you've already seen, and I think you can search back through all the old posts too.

New life - Sounds like you've done a great job so far! You can ask the admins to change your user-name, but you only ever get to change it once for this site...so choose one you will like for a long time.

Things are moving slowly for me. I gained some momentum at the end of March, then gained during TOM at the beginning of April, and now I just keep bouncing up and down between 216 and 214...BLAH, I'm sick of it. My plan for this week is more protein, more fiber, less fat and less sodium. We'll see how that goes -- today will be a challenge with 2 birthday parties, and then another one tomorrow.

NewLifeNewMe
04-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi Angie - thanks for the good words. I know that the first week isn't typical and hope to lose a steady 2lbs/week from now on. It's going to be tough because I'm also trying to cut back on a bad cigarette habit, and trying to get myself motivated to take that daily walk... the only times I've kept weight off were when I worked out while eating healthy. The upside with LAWL is that I actually have to force myself to fit all of the food into my day - gotta love THAT problem. Well, ttyl and enjoy-enjoy the birthday parties!!

Angie
04-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Up 1lb to 217 today. I was 100 calories over plan yesterday, but I ate 3000 mg of sodium (19g fiber, 71g protein)...so I guess that's the issue. I also put all my weigh ins for April in an Excel spreadsheet along with the nutrient counts for fat/carbs/sodium/fiber and protein. I figure since it's my job to be analytical, observe and make recommendations I should apply those same principles to my weight loss -- so I'm treating myself like a client.

NewLife -- 2lbs a week should be reasonable. I wish you all the best in quitting or slowing down on smoking; I kicked that habit 7 years ago after 20 years of smoking. It's not easy, but you can definitely do it -- good health is yours for the taking. :)

NewLifeNewMe
04-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Can anyone help me with portion sizes? I remember that a counselor told me to use Kavli's whole grain crispbread for starch but I don't remember how many = 2 starches.
According to the box:
1 serving=3 pieces=50 cals
total fat 0g
sodium 45mg
dietary fiber 2g
sugars 1g
protein 1g
Also, what's the portion size for veggies on the gold plan? I don't want to mess this up and I'm not sure whether 1 serving= 1/2 cup or 1/4 cup. I've limited myself to spinach, cucumber and celery the past few days but now that I'm craving carrots-peas-corn (hee)....

Thanks in advance to the kind soul who answers :^:

juliemarie
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
pretty sure for veggies-it's 1/2 c for most things. I think for baby carrots-it's 10 carrots. Peas and corn are starches, not veggies. Unless it's sugar-snap peas-than I think that's 1/2 c.

For the crisp bread-not sure. But I'm guessing that the 3 pieces=1 starch. Starches are hard to guess as the calorie range for starches on the program is anywhere from 45-110 calories, depending on the item.

NewLifeNewMe
04-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for that juliemarie! Guess I can give up on peas and corn as pig-out foods (just kidding).
Thank you Angie. Getting healthy is hard work but I'm determined!
Keep up the good work ladies!

Mama Nicole
04-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi......I'm just sayin'.

marissaann84
04-19-2011, 03:44 AM
so i haven't started my LAWL program yet. im down to 184... ive lost 24lbs and i have 34 to go. the thing is that i have been eating small amounts of food... like half a sandwich, full serving of meat and 2% cheese. im afraid that i might gain weight (i know i know, you have to eat to lose) but was wondering since ive already been eating healthy should i start off with the take off like i was beginning the program or should i start it like ive already been doing the program. i still havent figured out my eating rotations with work yet but i have noticed that i lose weight while im working and i gain 1lb or so while im not. really proud of myself this last time though cuz i only went up 0.7lbs... and i know weight fluctuates but still. i am also a smoker and have been saying that i was going to quit for the last year. i get really close and then something crazy happens in my life and i start smoking more. crazy how those little sticks have control over us huh? lol... ne ways ... any help would be appreciated!

NewLifeNewMe
04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi marissa - I'm new here so I'll let the other ladies give you a definite answer but my guess would be that you'll benefit from doing takeoff first - it's supposed to prep your body for what comes later and it's only for a couple of days (I think it may actually trick your body into losing more but again, I'm just guessing). Smoking is H*** but every time I quit I gain 20-40 lbs and isolate all my friends (somehow I turn into a binge-eating witch lol). This time I'm cutting back gradually while doing lawl - instead of going cold turkey. Good luck - Stay strong.

NewLifeNewMe
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
btw, a friend of mine was able to quit with Chantix. Ask your doctor - mine said that it wasn't suitable for me because of meds.

juliemarie
04-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Takeoff is designed to curb carb cravings and jumpstart your weightloss (yes-it's water weight because carbs cause you to retain more water) and keep you motivated. So-I would go ahead and do it.

NewLifeNewMe
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
Thanks Juliemarie - re: another one of your posts, I think this forum will return to its former glory if you, Angie, Mamanicole and others keep posting - the info here is invaluable and saved me from having to pay their fee all over again. And with the "elders" (you guys) providing support, this is probably the best resource I've seen for what we're all trying to do. As someone else said, the program has worked for a lot of people but the centers left a bad taste... I don't miss those women going for my credit card every time I walked in. Thank-you-thank-you - ttyl

ghein
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I know what you mean about the centres leaving a bad taste. I love the program but I hate the company. Extremely poor customer service. I purchased a case of take off juice during a promotion. Got to use 4 out of the 12 bottles before they expired. No exchanges, no refunds and when I requested contact from the company - no response at all. This company is out for your money (once they have it you are just anouther number). Buyer beware. I continue with the program because I prepaid in full and there are no refunds but I will not purchase any of their products and would suggest that you be careful what you sign up for.
Following program works though and I love it.

Hoochie
04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Its funny reading some of the posts because this morning I was thinking to myself that I almost want to go back to the centre. Its not because of the support or anything. I need to be accountable to someone each week....and not my husband because he loves me no matter what!!!
I know what to eat but its easy to have a cheat moment when you dont have to go weigh in every week!
I have continued to exercise and I enjoy it most days however I just can't seem to get past food on certain days. One day I do great and the next I fail. After falling down so many times, you start to wonder if you can do it.
I just came back from Mexico and I had no junk food but of course I had some drinks every day...agh!!!
Okay I am having a fat day! I need to do something different!!! Not sure what!

Joan

marissaann84
04-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I have had good annd bad experances with the centers... The first one I was at was great... Every time u lost even an ounce they were very supportive. The second o e I was at just wasn't the same... More like the ones I've read about on here. I think forum is just as goid as the center.actually better. There are great ppl on here and very knowledgeable people. I found it hard to say no to food at first but when I started seeing the pound go down it motivated me to stay in track. Everyone has days when they want chocolate or Mexican food... Whatever year downfall may be and its ok to have them just not the wholee candy bar or the wwhole bowl of guacamole... Lol. Treat yourself everyince in a while to a piece of chocolate. Lol... I know its not the same but it helps. Sorry if this post has a bunch of errors in it... Typing on my phone in break at work... Good luck with the cravings!

ghein
04-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Dear Hoochie. I am with you. I know I need the accountability. I do love the program. but not the customer service. I have been now reviewing the posts and think Marrisann is right to say that the ppl on this site are knowledgeable as well as supportive. I still have to go in and weigh in and would recommend the program but not the company so find a buddy to weigh in (in front of) and the program and plans can be found online. Good luck

Angie
04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm happy to report I'm down a few lbs from my last check in ,so I'm at 213.6 and I've hit the 60lb milestone :)

Hello new people! You can use this thread to check in with your weight for accountability, although I doubt you'd have anyone here scolding you if you messed up.

I'm not following the program any longer, but I have lots of the resource material hanging around here somewhere, and lots of recipes too. Anyone remember MTDeb's cookbook? I think it was a 300-400 page word document and I'm sure it's somewhere in my email.

Joan -- Sounds like Mexico was fun, you look great! Did you wear a bikini? I'm going to Las Vegas at the end of May and I'm sure there will be a few drinks. My plan is to do lots of walking to counteract the effects!

I'm nostalgic for the times when this thread was so busy that it was a workout just to keep up with it! It's good to see some new people joining. :)

Angie
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
:wave: Nicole, JM, Jillian, Joni, Barb, Kim & everyone else!

JLem311
04-20-2011, 05:15 PM
hi to everyone. life is super crazy.

congrats, Angie on your 60lbs lost!! so awesome!

welcome to the new peeps! i'll try to check in more.

marissaann84
04-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow...60 lbs... That's incredible! Way to go!

I am pleased to report when I weighed this morning I was 181.6... And when I looked into the mirror I could actually tell my face is thinner! U know how it is when u lose weight ur still the same size in ur head so actually seeing it was awesome. I'm almost in the 170's! I'm super excited... I did give into a cheese burger and tater tots though... Oops. I was just so tired of salad... Lol. But all is well. When I get to 178 I will have lost 30lbs from my highest weight!

Hope u all have a grest Easter! Try to stay on plan! :)

JenniD44
04-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this forum and this thread. I started the LAWL plan again April 4. So far I've lost about 10 pounds. I did the plan about 8 years ago and was very successful, but unfortunately over the years have gained the weight back. I really liked the center I went to and one girl in particular. She was so helpful. I did buy the Lites in bulk at the beginning, but she never tried to sell me anything else. The center is gone now, so I'm going to try to check in here for accountability, if that's okay.

You all have some great successes going on and I hope I'll be able to follow right along.

Angie
04-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Down to 211.8 today - yes!

Marissa -- Congrats on seeing the difference! Yesterday I saw some pictures of myself in a bathing suit last summer -- OMG am I glad I started down this road. :lol:

Jenni :welcome: Good job on the 10lbs you've lost so far!

marissaann84
04-24-2011, 11:18 PM
So mush for staying on plan..lol gained 4lbs... Now doing takeoff lol... I think its mainly water weight. I had a lot of sodium. So hopefully this will takke care of it plus some... Fingers crossed! Hope everyone had a great easter!

Angie
04-25-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm up about 2lbs in total after this weekend. Back on plan for me too....must hit the treadmill today, plus go buy some chicken breasts...and a lot of lettuce. :D

Kimphin
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Hi all - it has been months since I've checked in - going well, still trying to get my Feb vacation weight gain off to get back to ticker honesty!

Good to see some new people - and the oldies too. Angie- you are doing great!

Joan - from the looks of your new picture - it is too bad that the weather was terrible in Mexico! (not). Glad you had a good time.

And if anyone gets a chance - check out the link on Jillian's signature line - and if you can, support her in her NAMI walk - a terrific chick walking for a great cause!

JLem311
04-25-2011, 02:25 PM
hey all..just checking in quick while i'm in between chores (did you know it takes 3x's as long to do a task with a 2yr old in tow?..this single mom stuff suuuccccks!)
so i'm still at it..running, cross training, eating well, logging it all on fitday and to my surprise this morning..i'm down again! to 143.6! :) super happy about that.

baby X (not a baby anymore..more like terror X aka "the beast") is turning 2yrs old on saturday. yikes! where did the time go? this past year has flown by, most likely because i've been solo! i'm having her party on sunday, it should be a good time. doing a blue's clues theme, even though i did that for my other DD's 1st birthday (almost 8yrs ago!) but X is totally into blue's clues so how can i deprive her? ;)

anyway, that's my quick hello and update! good to hear from you Kim! and thanks for the mention of my NAMI WALK that's coming up soon. it seems like a bust this year with not many participants or donations for that matter. i'm still gonna be there, going strong and supporting my cause!

welcome to the new peeps too! hope others show up to chat, check in and show support!

JLem311
04-25-2011, 02:30 PM
i also put a new pic in my profile--it's not my favorite one, but it's a straight on view (no twisting or turning to hide things or make a good pose!) but i like it because it's an accurate view of how i look.

JenniD44
04-25-2011, 11:38 PM
i also put a new pic in my profile--it's not my favorite one, but it's a straight on view (no twisting or turning to hide things or make a good pose!) but i like it because it's an accurate view of how i look.
Wow, you look fantastic in your picture. Looking at your ticker, I'm so impressed by your weight loss. That's quite an accomplishment.

I totally caved on Easter. We went out to a buffet and DH just kept saying, it's only one day. So of course I was up about 1/2 a pound today. It could have been worse. I'm worried about tomorrow because I swear I see the effects, good and bad, usually the second day after.

bittelis
04-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet you all! Hoping I can join you all here for some support.

I started following LAWL on 4/4 and have lost 8.5 lbs so far (planning to lose another 25). I followed the plan and got to my goal weight about 6 years ago. Of course, my local center is closed now and I have gained most of the weight back.

This time is a little different. My DH is doing it with me. We are both eating more healthy and we both started actually using the exercise equipment in our basement.

When I followed LAWL in the past, I was on the blue plan but I didn't exercise. Since I am exercising this time, I am wondering if you ladies think I should stick with the blue plan. For exercise, I am alternating:
Day A - walk/run on treadmill for an hour
Day B - walk/run on treadmill for 20 minutes + strength training with the weight machine & free weights for 40 minutes

I take 1 or 2 days off per week depending upon my schedule.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Angie
04-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Still working on getting rid of the Easter-weight...TOM is on the way too, so it's a bit of an uphill battle at the moment.

Kim -- Good to see you! Are you still doing the IP program? Where did you go for your vacation?

Jillian -- You are unstoppable, love the new pics! Have fun with the bday party this weekend :)

Bittelis -- :welcome: to you and Mr. Bittelis. I'm not sure which plan would be best, hoping someone else will jump in to help you out with that one. Sounds like a great exercise plan!

Jennie -- Did you weigh in today? How did it go? In any case the trick is to get back on plan, there will always be non-diet days...don't sweat it too much.

Joni135
04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Quick HI - but I'll be more verbose than Mama Nicole!! Angie - 60 lbs..woo hoo. And Jillian - I can' believe Baby X is two years old...seems like you were just posting name options :-) When will your hubby be back for good???? I'm doing a WW program at work and have managed to lose about 6 lbs in four weeks. I'm okay with the slow loss considering in those four weeks I've dealt with a girls weekend getaway and Easter weekend..it could have been a lot worse if I wasn't tracking, planning and working out....

juliemarie
04-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Bittelis-welcome! Stick with the blue plan-you have to be exercising a lot more (marathon training or something like that) to move up a plan due to exercise.

marissaann84
04-26-2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the newbies! I just finished the takeoff... I lost all the weight I gained. So I'm starting at 181.2. So I'm happy... Hopeefully I can manage to keep it off and maybe lose more weight on my days off. Fridayys are difficult because the are traditional "pizza movie night" with the family. Good luck to all of u with the weight loss.

Marissa.

Angie
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Bleh -- TOM arrived today and brought a pound back with it...and I'm sure I found a friend for it today. I ate on plan, but I feel bloaty and generally fat.

Thanks Joni! Congratulations on your success in your WW challenge at work! How are your dogs?

Marissa -- Good job on losing the weight you'd gained!

Hoochie
04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
I am feeling a bit bad because I am putting weight back on! I am back to 173 pounds. Its funny because a friend of mine lost 65 pounds last year and I never see her anymore. I contacted her yesterday and she said she is embarrassed because she has gained so much weight back. I think to lose weight and keep it off, it has to be a life change. Man thats so hard!!!! I do like when our winter is over because I walk my dog everyday in the summer, its too bad our weather doesnt stay warm very long here. In fact its snowing right now....so depressing!!!!
I guess it took me many years to try and quit smoking so I wont give up on my weight. I will just keep trying!!!!!
Its going to click one day, I know it!!!!

:) Joan

JLem311
04-28-2011, 01:26 PM
hi. i'm down .6 so that makes me at an even 143. it's so weird because TOM is due anytime now and i usually lose a few days before. odd. at any rate, i've put myself on a running restriction (using the recumbent bike) because i think i have plantar fasciitis in my left heel. i have a doc appt on monday and then will get a referral to a sports med/foot doc i'm sure. it sucks too because i was over halfway through my new 10wk running schedule. this happened the first 10wks of the year too, except i broke my toe. ugh.. anyway, i hate looking at my run chart that's hanging on the fridge now because i don't count biking miles as running miles..it's just not the same thing. so yeah, i'm pretty upset about it. i could run, but i don't want to aggravate my heel anymore than it already is. and body maintenance is just as important as exercising is, so i keep repeating in my head so i'm not so hard on myself for not running. it still doesn't stop me from being pissed and feeling like a lazya$$, but oh well. i hope the doc will have answers and i can get over this and back running soon.

DH is due home sometime next week! hard to believe that the 12 months is over. it really flew by for me!

marissaann84
04-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Wonderwoman- I'm assuming DH is in the military? I totally know how a deployment goes... Ice done it 3 times. I am no longer married to him anymore but I know what ir going thru. I went through 2 12 month deployments and 1 15 month deployment. That's actually when I was on LAWL the first 2 deployments. I'm sure ur crazy excited! Don't feel so bad with the .6... I weighed todayy and I was up .8... Boo. Oh well just gotta keep at it.

Angie
04-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Joan -- Yes, just keep going! I had a really hard time post-vacation with just getting back into the swing of preparing meals and resisting temptations.

Jillian -- Sorry about the break in your running. Maybe you'll discover a new passion for the bike ;)

Marissa -- Love your new avatar pic -- great to see your face!

JLem311
04-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Wonderwoman- I'm assuming DH is in the military? I totally know how a deployment goes... Ice done it 3 times. I am no longer married to him anymore but I know what ir going thru. I went through 2 12 month deployments and 1 15 month deployment. That's actually when I was on LAWL the first 2 deployments. I'm sure ur crazy excited! Don't feel so bad with the .6... I weighed todayy and I was up .8... Boo. Oh well just gotta keep at it.

yep, military. this is our first deployment, but he's been gone for long training stuff here and there the past few years (9 months, then 3 months, etc.) so i'm used to it. everyone is excited! i've got 3 kids--an almost 8yr old, a 5.5yr old and one who is turning 2yrs on saturday. :)
bummer about being up .8, but that's nothing, just regular fluxes i'm sure. i was saying that i was down again, another .6 so i'm at an even 143. :) i'm sure DH will be blown away since the last time he saw me..he's never seen me at this weight--nor do i remember being here either. i've been losing steadily for years (with kids in between)..but not this low, so i'm excited. i haven't been doing LAWL for awhile now. i've been counting calories and tracking on fitday for the past year and i like it and it definitely works for me.

oh and angie..there's no chance in he!! that i will develop a passion for that exercise bike. ugh..i think my butt is too bony..not very comfy in that seat. plus..there's nothing that will compare to running for me.

oh and no bday party this weekend..i'm postponing it until DH gets back (he doesn't know that yet, it's a surprise for him since he thinks i'm having it this weekend.) but i'm going to make a smaller cake, give her a few presents, etc. on her actual birthday. she's 2 so it's not like she'll even know the difference right now. she thinks that dada lives in the computer anyways. ;)

JenniD44
04-30-2011, 11:23 PM
Sounds like everyone is hanging in good this week. I've had a pretty good week since Easter. Since that 1/2 pound gain Monday, I've lost 3 pounds. Very excited. I think I'm finally getting it. I don't know if anyone is doing the Rapid Results, but it's a little different than the old plan. When I did LAWL before, I'd have my allotments in any order. That's how I was doing it the first few weeks this time. I realized when I was rereading things on Monday, that I'm supposed to have the "meals" as they indicate in any order. So I started doing that, and the weight is coming off quicker. Hopefully the weekend will be kind. Anyone else doing Rapid Results?

marissaann84
05-02-2011, 12:07 AM
well i got down to 180 but then my mom came down and i ate some stuff i wasn't supposed to. lol oh well. i figured it would happen so i was prepared for the gain. but its not a bad gain. im sure i can lose it pretty easy. i just realized that today is the first of may! that means i have to get serious about this whole losing weight thing if i want to get in a swim suit thing. i would like to be 175 at least. thats only like 8 lbs away for a month. totally doable. if im less than that it would be fantastic. Im not really doing LAWL either. just watching what i eat and eating smaller meals and not eating out so much. its working pretty well.

Angie: thanks! i thought it was about time to add a pic... i had just figured out that you had to load the pic into the avatar thingy... lol.

Jillian: i know what you mean about the kiddos thinking daddy lived in the computer. I was 4 months prego the first time and 4 months prego with my second one the 2nd time when he got deployed. So my oldest was 2 the second time and then this last deployment my girls were 5 and 2. its hard for them when they come back. but it doesn't last long. pretty soon they are attached to them and wont let go! lol.

JLem311
05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
hello all..i posted a new avatar and also a new profile pic showing 3 different progress pictures (first is from sept 2010, second one is from december 2010 and the last one is from april 2011)
it's hard to believe, but i'm down another .4 from 143 to 142.6 and TOM is due any day now too. i'm pretty impressed.
i go to the doc today to have my heel looked at and will most likely get a referral to a sports or foot doc for further treatment. i can't wait so i can get back to 100% again.

btw..DH will be home TOMORROW. yes, the date/time has been released for the public. :)