Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/230

Height: 5' 7"

Default Proud Of Myself

I have just started facing my problem and my "victory" may seem small to many of you who have conquered so much but it is my first.

I was meeting with my daughters father to drop her off for a visit for the weekend at a Super America gas station. I saw a sign at the burger king across the street that said "Buy one chicken sandwich, get one free" and the wheels in my head started spinning. I went into the SA to use the cash machine and I bought myself a diet soda (which is also good because I usually end up buying snacks) and the whole time I was trying to justify going to the burger king and buying the chicken sandwiches.

I thought to myself that I had been good all day, all I had to eat that day was a slim fast shake for breakfast and a bowl of banana nut cheerios for lunch. I knew I wouldn't have eaten both sandwiches (I'd bring one home to my husband) and I begin to promise myself I wouldn't get any fries or anything.

I got back to my car looked at the burger king again and I said to myself "You know what, I'm not going to do it." And I didn't, I went home and ate some ramen instead. I know ramen isn't great either but I am sure it has a lot less fat and calories than that chicken sandwich would have had.
JadestoneDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #3  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Good for you for choosing not to give in to the binge monster.

I'm not sure if you are anything like me, but just eating that one chicken sandwich could cause me to spiral out of control because fast food is a trigger for me. But I could go home and eat ramen because it is not a trigger for me. I've never binged on ramen.

Yes, ramen is not a great choice but it was a better choice for you and that is what's important.

Congratulations on facing your problem and starting a new way of life, you've come to the right place. We've all been where you are and know how hard it is. It continues to be hard for me on a daily basis but I keep coming back to 3fc for support and encouragement, I hope you will too!
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Congratulations! I think that's a big victory. I have that problem too when I see those sale things I'm always going "I could save the other for later", "I haven't had it in a while so it's just a treat", or "it's such a great deal! I can't pass that up" lol anyways, you did great ^_^
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

That's a great victory! You may have very well saved yourself from the binge food crack den. No matter how big or small, victories ought to be celebrated.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadestoneDoll View Post
I thought to myself that I had been good all day, all I had to eat that day was a slim fast shake for breakfast and a bowl of banana nut cheerios for lunch.
Was this an unusual day for you? What do you usually have for breakfast & lunch? And what time of day did you start craving the sandwiches?

I ask because personally, if that was all I'd had all day, and it was late in the afternoon, I, too, would be ravenous & would be full of cravings. In which case, I think it's a very rational feeling, the response of someone who's hungry for something substantial, rather than something you had to defeat. In that case, I would feed myself, but I would ensure it was healthy & that it met a lot more of my daily needs. Mostly veggies & protein.

Like tonight, when I sit down to eat around 8:15 PM, I've got roasted zucchini & onions in the fridge, asparagus I'm going to steam, and I roasted a chicken yesterday & plan to have some of that. I'm not eyeing the stuff in the vending machines here because I know I have much better food at home waiting for me.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 330/330/230

Height: 5' 7"

I did under eat a bit that day. However I think had I ate sufficiently my mind would have been on the candy and stuff in the gas station rather than the chicken sandwiches. So it's a little bit of both situations.
JadestoneDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #8  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I have to disagree with you. This is considered a BIG victory to ALL of us here…..especially in this forum! When you resist this temptation a few more times you will get more addicted to the feeling it gives you that you resisted verses the feeling you’d ever get from eating those sandwiches. And when those cravings emotionally and physically go away, you’ll have more control when you are eventually faced with having to go. You’ll make better decisions such as ordering grilled chicken instead of fried and fruit instead of onion rings.

I’m clapping my hands in applause!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote