100 lb. Club - Accountability, Plans, Menus, Exercise, Sutff....Month of April 2011

mj5
04-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)

mj5
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Wow, is it really April?! Hope that means Spring for real!!!

I am off today. I had a podiatrist appt, then took the rest of the day off to spend w/ Hubby. We are going to eat some lunch, then head to the outlet mall. I can't wait!

jab--Yea for a day off AND a loss AND the sun was out, that is a FANTASTIC day! Wow, lots going on for you! Sounds like a good plan with increasing your walking. I would be a giant stress case about walking to work...always worried I would be late. I hope you can start working up to the 6miles before you tackle it all at once.

Drugz--YEA for trying zumba! Having a great instructor makes a big difference. Where I go, there is one instructor I LOVE and one who is "eh"....hope you can find one you love.

I already got my workout in for the day, I went to the gym right after my appt., so now the rest of my day is free :)

Have a great day everyone!

Beverlyjoy
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Happy April!!

Hi chicks. yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. When I got on the scale it stayed the same. Of course, I insulted myself because I was sure two days back on plan would result in an amazing weight loss. LOL Of course.... that's not true. When I remembered that it's just information - I felt better.

Yesterday, I used some of my resistance techniques to keep me from overeating, I measured & logged my food, had lots of water, did some stretches, left a bite and did some journalling.

My GS is feeling better... so, I'll be leaving to visit tomorrow. I am excited.

I am reading my response card on traveling...and will allow myself a few extra exchanges so I don't feel deprived.

I will try to check in.

Thanks, as always, for being wonderful & supportive friends. I hope I'll be able to do personals soon.

Take care........

A friend sent me this amazing BBC penguin video - I thought you would like it. (only 90 seconds long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

lottie63
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
beverley joy- good job on the healthy days

mj5 - I didn't exercise last night and maybe not today cuz I had this gua sha therapy on my back and I"m not sure if exercise will happen. I might try in the evening.

my bf had stalled, but his weight is finally moving in the right direction. I'm proud of him for sticking with it when the scale didn't move for months.

DixC Chix
04-01-2011, 02:46 PM
April DWI

1 - 217
2 - 215.5
3 - 215.5
4 - 215
5 - 216
6 - 217
7 - 217
8 - 217
9 - 217
10 - 216
11 - 215
12 - 216.5
13 - 216
14 - 216.5
15 - 216
16 - 215.5
17 - 214
18 - 214
19 - 214
20 - 215
21 - 216
22 - 216
23 - 215.5
24 - 215
25 - 215.5

DixC Chix
04-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Hello and Happy April!

Its been spring (60-80 degrees) here for about a month but we get crazy wind in the spring (50 mph) with sand, pollen, grit and tumble weeds. Everything has its price.

I hope y'all don't mind me joining in here. I trying to find my niche. Some threads just move too fast for me!! I still intend to track my daily weigh in here by edit but plan to post my greetings and intentions/actions every day.

mj5 - One of the best NSV I've had is staying out of the podiatrist's office. Hope all is good for you.

Drugz - I took my first salsa class last Monday and it was quite a workout. I honor your fearlessness to go to Zumba. Are you gonna go back?

BeverlyJoy - Good for you to have planned for and used your resistance techniques.

Lottie - was the gua sha treatment painful? Good news on your BF breaking stall.

Today - WA (water aerobics) and will walk my dog. Menu is on plan and P+ target.

Have a great day everybody!

mj5
04-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi again! Hope everyone had a great day!

Beverlyjoy--Have a wonderful visit! I know you will!

lottie--Hope your back is feeling ok. That's awesome for your bf!!

DixC Chix--Welcome!! My foot will be ok...I have a pinched nerve (the bones in my feet are thicker than they should be..well, there is more to it than that, but that's that main reason) Good for you for taking a salsa class! I go to zumba three times a week and strength train three times a week. zumba is SO much fun!!! Sounds like you had a great day!

Zumba tomorrow and I can't wait!

I am taking my 9 y/o nephew on a "movie date". We are going to see Hop. I can't wait. He is a great kid and has been missing my brother terribly. He actually asked if we could leave a little early so we can just hang out longer. Awwwww!!!! How cute is that?!!! The last time I took him to the movies we bought a TON of snacks.....not this time. I will get a large bottle of water and let him choose his snack. Of course, I will eat lunch before I go. The smell of popcorn will be tempting, but I was able to resist all of the yummy deserts last weekend, so I know I can resist some silly greasy popcorn.

Drugz
04-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Glad everyone is doing well!

@DixC..yeah i think i might go again, especially when the other instructor comes back because everyone seems to enjoy her more from what i was hearing.

I got the Zumba total transformation dvd's and while i was watching the basics dvd to learn the steps i couldn't help myself and got up to get dressed and did it right along with them then did the 20min workout l0l! Today was my usual rest day, but it's not like a little extra exercise is going to hurt me!

TOM is finally coming to an end. Actually it left tonight, but i know how my body can be so by tomorrow i should be completely off. Will look forward to my water weight coming off! I think i might really try and watch my sodium for the next couple of days..(i usually go over)so i wont retain as much.

Going to stay off my scale until Tuesday. Which is hard for me cuz i'm a daily, multiple times a day weigher l0l.

Beverlyjoy
04-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Hi chicks - I am off to to see DS, DIL, and GS. Should be home Tuesday night.

I am planning to tell stories to the children at GS's preschool. . Performing at at GS's school is almost a dream come true. I've told stories to a thousands of children over the years. It's special that I'll go to his school. I hope he enjoys it.

I have some fruit, lite bread, etc to take to with me.

I am glad to get away. I'll try to check in.- pretty sure I'll get some internet access at some time.

Have a great weekend. (hope you all enjoyed the Penguins for a special April 1. - April Fools)

DixC Chix
04-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Good Good Morning All! Yay for the weekend!

I have a water aerobics class this AM and then I am going to Costco for Homeless Ministry items and then $1 movie hopefully King's Speech.

mj5 - Movie date...that's so cute! I plan to see HOP with a friend and her son (age 3 1/2) soon. Let me what you think of the movie. And you are another Zumba fan. I honor your fearlessness too!

Drugz - Yay for Bye-Bye TOM. You are sure to lose the water by Tues.

BeverlyJoy - Hope GS know what a terrific grandmother he has. Have a great time!

Slashnl
04-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Wow, can't believe April is here. Amazing.

Well, I think I'm getting back to normal after being sick for so long. I am getting back on track and back to the gym on Monday. I think it might kill me, but I have to get going again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

lottie63
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, I couldn't exercise the last couple days cuz of the gua sha (to answer, it hurt a bit, but nothing severe and was just tender for a couple days).

Today I'm getting back on track because tomorrow I'm starting to train for c25k on my stationary bike. My pt won't let me run until I lose more weight, which is hopefully June 19th, but I'd like to be prepared for it so I'm doing it on my bike so that I have some endurance and such.

Besides, not exercising the last few days, I've felt so out of it and tired. I need to get back on the horse, or recumbent, as it were.

So today I had a smoothie with 2 tbls of flax for breakfast. This has become my new fave thing. :)

I'm having a quinoa and lentil burger for lunch, I'm making them from scratch and eating it on home made gf bread. :) Can't wait!

For dinner I'm making what I like to call 'the melting pot'. Maybe I'll post it on my blog depending if it's officially 'ready' or not. heh. It's got all different types of seasonings and foods traditionally used for indian, mexican, italian, etc, types of cultures.

It's got a mashed and cubed sweet potato base, mixed with a curried chickpea gravy, black beans, onions, corn, basil, garlic salt, and roasted chopped almonds on top. Lots of good stuff. Yummay. :)

mj5
04-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Good Morning!

Drugz--yea for TOM coming to and end! I think its my turn now...I feel all bloated and icky...lots of extra water today for me today!

Beverlyjoy--That's awesome about telling stories for your GS's preschool! They will love it and I know you will too!

DixCChix--Sounds like you had a busy, fun day. The movie was really cute. We had SO much fun!! My nephew is 9 and he actually asked if we could leave early so we could "hang out longer". How cute is that?? He got all dressed up, spiked his hair w/ hair gel, it was adorable!!! He is a great kid. My brother is deployed right now and my nephew misses him terribly. We all do, but my nephew worships his dad and it is so hard on him. We have all been doing extra stuff with him. My sister in law, niece, and nephew joined me for zumba in the morning. YEP...HE is the fearless one...he came in a class full of women and ROCKED it!!! The kid has moves!

Diane--YEA for feeling better....ooh, yea, that first day back will be rough...

lottie--good for you for starting training on your bike. Mmmm, your menu sounds delish!

This morning is zumba, which is always fun. Then home to chill w/ the beagles. Hubby went to visit his mom, but should be home this afternoon. The house is clean, laundry is almost done....ahhhh, love a relaxing Sunday!

Have a great day!
Oh, I almost forgot! I totally resisted all of the movie snacks! My nephew had a small popcorn and water. I bought a large water for myself and was content with that. The popcorn smelled good....but I looked at it and I mean REALLY looked at it with all of the greasy, fake buttery stuff that was that. :) I had also sent an email to my trainer as a little extra "insurance" LOL! He emailed me later to see how I had done. I was very happy to be able to reply and tell him that YES, I followed my plan!

lottie63
04-03-2011, 09:00 AM
drugz, isn't it awful? I'm on seasonique. whew. ha.

beverleyjoy, great job taking stuff with you to eat and I hope you had fun!

slashnl, I"m finally getting better too, go us. ;)

mj5, good idea with the email! :) Great job. :)

dixc chix, glad to see you over here. This is my fave thread. :)

Well, today I start c25k on my stationary bike. I'm super excited. I think I'll do it about an hour after breakfast.

wooooo! :)

It's finally sunny, we had about a week straight of grey awfulness and I was getting depressed.

:(

Today is sunny and warm and the birds are singing. yay. :)

Oh, and last night I wrote a blog post called, "I don't like the food but the food likes me" about food addiction, if you guys wanna check it out it's here:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-dont-like-food-but-food-likes-me.html

jab91864
04-03-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm behind on posting , need to take time to try to read and catch up. Will try to come back later to do so.

Right now just a fly by wave :D

DixC Chix
04-03-2011, 10:33 AM
slashnl - The crud going around this year was awful and that first time back to workout :exercise: is tough but it feels great when you are done! :cool:

Lottie - I love that you are training for C25K by bike first. Good idea! I am trying to get up the nerve to get on my bike again. :bike2: The last three times on it (4-5 yrs ago), I went a$$ over elbows - literally and truly. I still have the scars. Your food always makes my mouth water. :drool:

mj5 - Good job on resisting movie snacks! How nice to have a 'zen' day. :yoga:

jab - :wave:

The dollar theatre changed the lineup and Kings Speech was gone. :mad: I didn't go to Costco because I started pulling weeds in my yard and once I got going, it was "okay, just a little more over here!" And really what was I thinking Costco on Sat?? I'll go during the week. So, not a fun day but a productive (and inexpensive) day. Green chili salsa on chicken for dinner. Nice kick!

Today, DS will be over for coffee before church and then brunch out after. A little local pub has a great BKF deal where I know its 17 points. Its going up to 80 today but will be windy - 35-45 and gusts up to 60 mph. No outdoor work unless you want to get sandblasted. A good book?? That sounds right.

Have a blessed day everyone!!

lottie63
04-03-2011, 11:01 AM
dixc, it's a stationary :P

Lizz
04-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Hello everyone, :)

Being still a big fan of accountability and restarting my weight loss, I would like to follow this plan in April:

1. Only eat what is good for me - I am thinking a bit radically here and will drop candy and chips, crackers & co from my menu altogether and focus on meat, milk products, eggs, fruit, whole wheat bread and veggies instead.

2. Exercise daily - at least 30 mins. This is planned as a habit forming.

Bonus goal: go to the gym at least 14/27 days still left from April. Because I need to get over feeling insecure and out of place there and making it a regular thing should help with desensitisation, I hope.

I will post a :) for every day when goals 1 & 2 were met.

If the bonus goal is met, a new bag will be my reward. Happy accountability to all!

4 - :(
5 - :(
6 - :) - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
7 - :)
8 - :( - gym day: pilates (90 mins)
9 - :) - gym day: latin dance aerobic class (60 mins)
10 - :(
11 - :)
12 - :(
13 - :(
14 - :(
15 - :(
16 - :(
17 - :(
18 - :(
19 - :) - gym day: dance aerobic class (55 mins)
20 - :) - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
21 - :(
22 - :(
23 - :(
24 - :(
25 - :(
26 - :) - gym day: dance aerobic class (55 mins)
27 - :) - gym day: my very first zumba class ever (60 mins)

DixC Chix
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
dixc, it's a stationary :P

Haha! I knew that! I think I'd probably fall off that one too. :dizzy:

ETA: Lizz, its a good, sound plan! I had big issues with going to the gym (other than water aerobics class). Give it a week - just one week - and you'll feel more accustomed and comfortable. I went at the same time on the same days and started recognizing others on that same schedule. Just a familiar face works wonders.

mj5
04-03-2011, 06:09 PM
lottie--We had sunshine today too, it was wonderful! How was day one of your training?

jab--Hi! Don't worry about trying to get caught up...just jump right back in :)

DixC Chix--Thanks...I LOVE my relaxing Sundays..I used to be a total slug...since I started zumba, I do that which makes me feel GREAT! But I still have to have some "down" time ;) Great productive day yesterday!! I plan on settling down w/ a book later.

Lizz--Welcome!!! I am a big fan of rewards! I reward myself w/ a massage for each 10lbs lost. I used to feel the same way about the gym. I still get a little self conscious sometimes, but I just turn up my ipod and do my thing. You CAN do it!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi chicks - love being here with family and really enjoying time with my grandson. I am trying to make good decisions. Reality hit me square in the face when I cut myself some pie and when I was distracted the kitten started to eat it... I threw it away and considered it a 'sign'.

I am enjoying my grandson very much. Guess I am repeating myself... must be really true. LOL I will keep it real today with the food. So many temptations.

Have a good day.

DixC Chix
04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
BeverlyJoy - Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! (And cats are so dang smart, aren't they??!!!)

K9O - Hi! :wave: And Welcome! BTDT with diet Rx. What were you taking - phen? meridia? Was it effective for you? I, too, had a tough time coming off of phen. Even though my stomach should have been used to less food, I sure felt HUN-GAR-EEE. Now I find that if I buy or prepare food into individual servings, it helps me stay at a serving. Oh my gosh...another Zumba-ite...er...Zumbanian...Zumbanese? :D I honor your fearlessness too!

I think we had a sunny day yesterday but you couldn't tell with all the crap in the air. It was blowing so bad even my dog wanted to cut her walk short! With the wind and low (8%) humidity we are coming into fire danger season very early.
Today is yoga, water aerobics, and salsa classes. Have to go to the grocers for fresh dairy, fruits and veggies. Also need to go for some blood work.

Have a marvelous Monday!!

ETA: what happened to K9Owner's post???

mj5
04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Good Morning! I am happy to report I lost 4lbs!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Good for you for throwing the pie away! You CAN do it!!! Enjoy that grandson of yours!!!

Dix--I was wondering who K9 was, LOL!!! Sounds like you have a busy, fun day planned!

Rhonda--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else!

Today is a gym workout day. I can't wait. Yep, I really said that. I can't wait to lift weights!

Have a great OP day everyone!

lottie63
04-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Day 1 of c25k on my bike was great. I hear weeks 3-4 is where it starts to get pretty difficult.

I will write more in a bit. I'm exhausted. this weather is crushing my soul and I need a nap.

lottie63
04-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Okay, I napped. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I cant' wait for sun but it doesn't look like it's gonna come around anytime soon, at least not unaccompanied by rain! :(

HATE THE WEATHER!

Anyhow, I had pasta in "meat" and veggie sauce for dinner, it was good, had a taco salad for lunch and fruit and nuts for breakfast. Have been doing good with my green tea, 4 cups every day, and either flax (if I have a smoothie) or almonds (If I eat whole fruit) for breakfast, I like to have a little something cholesterol fighting for breakfast every day.

So, I applied to be a front desk person at a gym. I know it's probably ridiculous, I'm fat, but I'm planning on selling my weight loss to them as free advertising during the interview. I'm even going to put together a 'weight loss portfolio, with stats, pics, a short post from my blog, my blog addy and my idea for my weight loss journey/cookbook. I would love to be their success story. (employees get free membership).

They called today for an interview. I'm nervous, terrified, but excited. I have another interview for somewhere else tomorrow afternoon after pt.

NERVES.

haha.

I did 10, count em', TEN miles on the bike today. woooo! I ha 780 fitness mins last month as well. woot. :)

I must come clean though, I got into a HUGE fight with my bf last night and I truly struggled for 2 hours not to eat this pasta I had made, that I shouldn't have, because I was maxed out on cals already. But...After two hours and laying in bed and JUST making it past the hard part, and still feeling fragile, trying to go to sleep...my bf said, "It's not like I even did anything wrong."

I FLIPPED and was like, "I need to eat." So I ate and fell asleep immediately. augh. I felt bad, but it was my first slip since october 19th, and I'm not dwelling, I'm just coming clean, I got right back on the horse today, no whining no saying I screwed up and pigging out like I used to, just moving on. I was about 400 cals over for the day.

But, I did TEN miles on the bike today. :)

Tomorrow is week 1, "run" 2 of c25k, so I'll be enjoying that tomorrow.

:)

I need to talk to my bf about keeping my stress levels low, and about the way he choses to talk, luckily we very rarely have huge blow out fights, but I need low stress, and I will talk about stress eating in therapy and how I can cope in other ways. It's just frustrating to me because he is HERE and he wont' let things go when I need time. he just badgers me because he HONESTLY doesn't understand why I'm mad or what he did even if I flat out tell him. (He's a touch aspbergery.)

Anyhow, I'm done.

Gonna go do some pt then go to bed.

K9Owner
04-05-2011, 01:22 AM
BeverlyJoy - Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! (And cats are so dang smart, aren't they??!!!)

K9O - Hi! :wave: And Welcome! BTDT with diet Rx. What were you taking - phen? meridia? Was it effective for you? I, too, had a tough time coming off of phen. Even though my stomach should have been used to less food, I sure felt HUN-GAR-EEE. Now I find that if I buy or prepare food into individual servings, it helps me stay at a serving. Oh my gosh...another Zumba-ite...er...Zumbanian...Zumbanese? :D I honor your fearlessness too!

I think we had a sunny day yesterday but you couldn't tell with all the crap in the air. It was blowing so bad even my dog wanted to cut her walk short! With the wind and low (8%) humidity we are coming into fire danger season very early.
Today is yoga, water aerobics, and salsa classes. Have to go to the grocers for fresh dairy, fruits and veggies. Also need to go for some blood work.

Have a marvelous Monday!!

ETA: what happened to K9Owner's post???

I thought perhaps I was posting on the incorrect forum, so I removed the post. But, I am a very long abuser of phen. on again off again. I was doing extremely well without it until I started working nights and became really lazy!! :(

I know I can do this without it! I've been at and below GOAL in the past. This is the 2nd heaviest I've weighed, and I am NOT planning to gain one more ounce!!

When all else fails, ZUMBA!!! or at least :dance:

mj5
04-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Good Morning! I have a super busy day at work, so I wanted to check in early. I have to do a presentation at another agency, which will be fun. I had a major panic last night when I was tearing through my closet last night looking for a "grown up" outfit to wear, LOL! I can normally wear jeans/nice shirts/sweaters to work, but for something like this I really needed to dress up. I found ONE pair of dress pants that still fit. PHEW. I am going go shopping this weekend and I can't wait! There are a billing (ok, maybe not a billion, LOL) baseball games on that hubby wants to see, so I'll hit the mall.

lottie--this weather is rotten. It was warm, but overcast yesterday...today rain so far, but yep....snow later. ICK! Good luck at your interview. I think you have a fantastic plan!!! Let us know how it works out! And no, I don't think its ridiculous! Sorry to hear about the fight w/ your bf. Sounds like you have a good plan on how to deal with it.

K9Owner--Welcome! Another zumba-er! LOVE it! I am totally hooked! I go three times a week. I wish I could go more, but with my schedule and I have a bad knee, so three is what I can do for now. I LOVE it, oh wait, I think I said that already, LOL! And yes, you CAN do this!!!!

jab--How are you doing?

Beverlyjoy--enjoying that grandson of yours, I'm sure!

Lizz
04-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Lizz--Welcome!!! I am a big fan of rewards! I reward myself w/ a massage for each 10lbs lost. I used to feel the same way about the gym. I still get a little self conscious sometimes, but I just turn up my ipod and do my thing. You CAN do it!!!!!

Thank you for the support. I usually just go to some kind of group gym activity like fitball, pilates or general aerobics. The group feeling makes me hang in there even when I might give up on my own plus being somewhat of a workaholic lonesome warrior it is good for me to try and socialise a bit more outside of the office too. But the ipod is actually a very good idea for weekends when there is no class to my liking. I use the same trick with wake-up music that makes me want to dance out of bed straight no matter how much sleep I got. :D

So, I applied to be a front desk person at a gym. I know it's probably ridiculous, I'm fat, but I'm planning on selling my weight loss to them as free advertising during the interview. I'm even going to put together a 'weight loss portfolio, with stats, pics, a short post from my blog, my blog addy and my idea for my weight loss journey/cookbook. I would love to be their success story. (employees get free membership).

They called today for an interview. I'm nervous, terrified, but excited. I have another interview for somewhere else tomorrow afternoon after pt.

NERVES.

haha.

Lottie63 - that is an amazing idea! I cross my fingers and hope that it work out for you. If I owned a gym, I would surely buy it! At my present gym all the desk ladies have two things in common: they are slim to in-very-good-shape and sport an indecent amount of cleavage (I am kind of starting to think that the latter is a job requirement at this place), I would love to have someone who looks like a normal, average kind of person and makes me feel less self-conscious and out-of-place there. Do let us know how the interview turned out!

Do you do the C25K on a bike? I was a bit confused, is that not a program for running?

lottie63
04-06-2011, 08:11 AM
lizz: Thanks! yes I Do it on a bike. It's just interval training so you can do it other ways. it's intervals of running and walking, so I do intervals of slow bike and fast biking, I am not allowed yet to run cuz of my weight/chronic pain issues, so I'm doing this for now. By the time I'm done I should be ready to repeat the program running. :)

mj5
04-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Good Morning! Ugh...another round of personnel issues at work. ICK, double ICK actually since they are all the manager I am covering for, her staff! LOL!!!! I told her she owes me BIG TIME! Oh well....someone has to do it!

I can't wait to hit the gym tonight, I am SO going to need it!

Beverlyjoy
04-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi chicks..... home sweet home! It was a good visit. My performances at GS's preschool went very well. GS loved it - and that made me so, so happy. Performing for his school is the happiest day of performing in over 20 years!

Food - could have been better. However, I got up and have planned for a healthy day! Next week I have my yearly physical. Can I make up for eating some of the wrong stuff in a week??? LOL (of course not)

I'll try and get back later. Have a great day.

DixC Chix
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
BeverlyJoy - welcome home! Food, schmood! A little off plan does not affect much - even blood work shows cumulative info. Same for being on plan for only one week before the exam - it won't show much difference. BTW, do you use hats or costumes or something for your performances?

mj5 - ugh, personnel issues. Yuck and double yuck. When I handled stuff like that, I practiced what I was going to say in the car. And I had a great mentor. Never made it easier though.

Lottie - I'm so excited for you to work at your gym. My gym employees all kinds at the front desk - age, race, shape, mobility, sex. One common trait is how friendly they are. I think you'd be great!

Lizz - I enjoy gym classes because it is a specific time to be there so I don't keep telling myself "later", they challenge me more than I would challenge myself, I like the "esprit d'corp".

Today was water aerobics and now I am meeting a friend and her 3 yo DS to see HOP! She said she needs a Mommy day! How cute! So anyway...

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

jab91864
04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Just can't seem to catch up with anything these days.

Managed to rake off a flower bed after work today... still has larges patches of frozen clumps but it's a start!!

Scale moved another pound... :carrot:

Work is kickin my butt big time right now.

Hope everyone is doing well!! :D

K9Owner
04-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Update..Monday was Zumba, and I barely made it to the finish due to lower back pain (I have subluxation and my left leg is 1/8" shorter than my right, but I wear an orthotic and I visit the chiropractor at least once a week!)

Tues was a chiropractor/rest day--boy did I need it!

Today was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS and I took full advantage of it by going for a 2.3 mile run, then walking one of my K9s another .7 mile--so 3 in all. I am VERY VERY slow now due to back injury (I used to coach in a local track club just for women), but I don't allow it to stop me completely! I have eaten so much better this week than over the past 3 weeks and my chiropractor and a few friends ask if I'm losing weight! :twirly:

Thurs is a 2 hour Zumabthon and I am DANCING my way right to it!!! :dancer:

I am considering a Thursday or Friday weigh-in day. When I used to be a member of TOPS, we had a Thurs. weigh in and that really worked for me b/c I could typically have one cheat meal on the weekend and still drop a pound or two by the end of the week!!

:woohoo:

((soon to be ticker)) HA :D

mj5
04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi everyone! Today work was super stressful. BUT, I stepped back before it spun out of control and reviewed my plan for the day. I had my healthy food packed. I was looking forward to my workout (still have a hard time grasping that concept, LOL!) and I knew I could handle whatever came at me during the day. I stuck with my plan. Phew.

Beverlyjoy--That had to be the BEST performance!!! Ok, so food could have been better. You'll get on track.

DixC Chix--How did you like Hop? Yea personnel issues are stinky...they will continue into next week (one person is on vacation)...

jab--YEA for the scale moving!!!! Hope work lets up soon!

K9Owner--Owie! Hope your back is feeling better. A 2 hour zumbathon sounds awesome! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I have zumba tomorrow night.

Drugz
04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey gang, i'm still here trudging along! I've just been posting around other parts of the site.
Hope everyone is doing well..i did a late workout tonight, but better late than not at all right?

DixC Chix
04-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Jab - WTG on moving the scale!! And one flower bed at a time is still progress. No pressure here just check in when you can.

K9O - Have fun in today's Zumbathon! (just be mindful of your back, no sense making it worse). Its sounds like Thursday is a good weigh in day for you! It is so great when people start to notice that you are loo-king good!!!

mj5 - Bravo for sticking to your plan through this stressful time!! It IS such a mental shift to not have to talk ourselves into going to the gym. But I could never tell you when it happened.

Drugz - you are so right about a late workout is WAY better than none.

I loved HOP yesterday but more enjoyable that the movie (which gets big thumbs up) is being with a 3 1/2 yo boy watching it. He is so funny, so entranced, so quietly expressive!

Today is mani/pedi day and then over to Sis to do her taxes. We'll also be making trail mix and bagging it for the Homeless Ministry distribution on Sat.

Have a thrilling Thursday!!

mj5
04-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Hope everyone is doing well. Today will be a better day. I got the icky personnel stuff out of the way first thing...one more left for next week...that will be the worst one, but at least I am done for this week!

Dugz--Always better late than not at all!

DixC Chix--Thanks! Ahhh, mani/pedi one of my favorite things to do! I need to do that soon myself!

Tonight is zumba and I am SUPER excited! I have been challanged by the instructor to be in the front row tonight...YIKES! I took the challange. It's not being in front of everyone, I don't care about that, its those darn mirrors!!! Oh well! Wish me luck!

Oh! And last night I signed up for a Master Zumba class at the end of May. I can't wait!!!! A bunch of people from class and both of our instructors are going. It should be awesome.

mj5
04-08-2011, 05:19 AM
Good Morning! It's FRIDAY!!! YEA!!! I am hoping, today will be a catch up on paperwork/office day for me....*fingers crossed! LOL!!!

Zumba last night was great. I was right up front...yikes! Being able to see myself in the mirror kept messing me up! LOL!! Although, I will say, being that close to the instructor, I worked SO much harder! It was an excellent workout.

Tonight is my normal gym workout.

Tomorrow is zumba, then a massage I can't wait! Then hubby has the day off, so we'll have the whole afternoon together.

OH, funny story...last night at the grocery store this cashier that waited on me looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place him...then it hit me, he goes to my gym! We chatted a bit and he commented on how healthy I was eating and that it was paying off in the gym too. That was nice! Kind of a little confidence boost...even though I looked like a hot mess from zumba ;)

jab91864
04-08-2011, 07:13 AM
:woohoo: TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

After today I am off work the next two days and the weather is suppose to be good tomorrow.

I expect it will be a chaotic weekend... my daughter moves to Florida.

Gotta fly, I'm behind for my day already!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!

lottie63
04-08-2011, 08:04 AM
well, it's grey again, but yesterday was nice, my interview went well I hope to hear back today cuz yesterday he finished up the interviews and said "I like you and you'll definitely hear back from me." So, fingers crossed.

btw, TOM came this week, explains why I've been insane. I'm on seasonique, it's not due for another month and 3 weeks, I wish I could figure out my stupid TOM, wish it would just stay away.

at least my fibro pain isn't as bad on it. blah. Calling the gyne today or monday.

Beverlyjoy
04-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I am struggling so... I got on the scale today and weighed 218 - this is so depressing. My big plans of getting to onederland at the first of the year are figuratively and literally down the toilet.

A big wave of depression hit when I got back from visiting family in Michigan. It was a let down after performing at the grandson's school. I love being there. Was sad when it was over.

I got the reminder call from the surgeons office about my appointment in Monday. I had an anxiety attack. My foot feels the best it has in years. Of course, it's wraapped, padded, I wear a brace and I don't work or do much. But.... do I think it's OK enough.. I don't know. Probably not in the long run.

I am so mad about all this - my foot recovery should be over instead of starting again. Damn all the delays. I just can't get attached to a surgery date. Too many things have stopped it the past nine monthes... staff infection, injuring good foot and stomach flu. I am glad that I got to go to Disney, however.

I am getting all these calls about summer perfoming which I must turn down. I can hardly bear it.

I go in waves of huge binges with a few days of food sanity thrown in.

I don't ever know if I can have a sane relationship with food. People do it... I've done it before, then I relapse.

Each journey starts with a small step. I've got my journal out and I'll plan for a good day.

Drugz
04-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

@Beverly..**hugs** everything will work out well for you! I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch right now.

I have work today around 3:45pm so i'm up now..going to go to the gym around 9 then come home and shower/wash my hair..relax..

mj5
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
jab--You said it!!!! Good luck to your daughter!

lottie--Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

Beverlyjoy-- :hug: Your right, you should be past all of this foot stuff, but unfortunately delays have gotten in the way. It isn't good enough....it is getting in the way of you doing what you love and you deserve much more than that. You CAN do this. Hold on to those few days of "food sanity". Before you know it, there will be more of them to hold on to. And if you have to set aside the eating healthy part until after the surgery, well then so be it. I wish there was something I could do to help make you feel better. :hug:

Drugz--Hope you had a great workout!

K9Owner
04-08-2011, 11:22 PM
BEV: YOU CAN DO THIS! If u don't have the energy or strength to do much cardio while ur foot is in recovery, u can always do upper body through hand weights, even after surgery. An important thing to remember is to keep moving; if not ur feet, move ur arms, head, shoulders, neck, etc.

MJ: Are any of us that participate in Zumba looking our best afterwards, IF we have given 110%?? I know I'm not!!

I would say HAPPI FRIDAY, but since it's almost over, I'll say HAPPI WEEKEND EVERYBODY

I was late for my Zumbathon last night. I thought it was at 7pm but it actually started at 5:45 pm. I was sooo :mad: I was able to squeeze out 45 min and that was FABULAIRE and tomorrow morning, I'm back for more :dancer:

Then, it's work work work (yucki) all night long and I will look like this :crazy:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

((soon 2b ticker)) HA :D

mj5
04-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--How are you holding up today?

K9Owner--LOL!!! Nope! We ALL look like a hot mess after class, that how I know I really did something!!! Sorry you missed a lot of your zumbathon. Have a great class today.

Speaking of zumba...one of my niece's texted me last night and said that her bff has been really wanting to try zumba, but is nervous to go to a class alone. So, Aunt Jo to the rescue! LOL!!! I immediately planned a 'girls day' and we are all going next Saturday morning to a class together. I am so excited! I told my niece that her friend can meet me at classes anytime she wants if she likes it, just so she isn't "walking in alone". They all super excited and so am I!

Today is going to be an awesome day. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm(ish). I am going to zumba, then getting a massage, then spending the rest of the day with hubby. Perfect Saturday if you ask me!

Beverlyjoy
04-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi friends... first of all... thanks for your kind words and never ending support.

Yesterday I was able to have a healthy day. I am so, so grateful. I ate within my plan, drank lots of water, and did some stretches. I am hoping I can build on it. Perhaps, having the willingness to get on the scale yesterday morning gave me the willingness to try.

dxichic - glad to get those taxes done, I bet. I admire your bagging up the trail mix at church for the homeless.

Have a great weekend.

I tried reading alot of positive thinking quotes and materials. Actually, it was helpful.

MJ - I LOVE how much you love your zumba and are now spreading the good word of it. Go girl...go Aunt Jo!!!!

k9owner - thanks for your support. Great suggestions for getting more movement and exericises in my world. LOVE it.... another zumba lover.

drugz - thanks for the hug!! It felt good. Glad you are planning to get your exericse in.

lottie - so glad to hear your interview went well. Good that your fibro isn't too bad these days. My son has it, too. It can be so hard to live with sometimes. He needs to get LOTS of sleep to feel better.

jab - HI and have a great weekend. Enjoy the good weather.

mj5
04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday!!!! Awww, thanks! Well, not so long ago...like November, LOL!!! that was me...I wanted to try it, but wasn't sure I was brave enough to go to the class...so I took my nieces with me. Little did I know, that ONE class was just the spark that I needed to get me really moving in the right direction! Now its my turn to re-pay the favor w/ my nieces friend.

I have also added a "Wellness" portion to my weekly staff meeting. I make sure I talk about a variety of topics to try to catch everyone's interests at one point or another (or they can suggest something to put on the agenda...which is even better). I have had three of my staff tell me that they have either started using or signed up for gym memberships. Another staff person has started going to TOPS meetings and loves them. She has already lost three lbs and feels great. Everyone at work tells me I'm "infectious in a good way", LOL! I love it! A healtheir team can also be a happier, more productive team.

lottie63
04-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Heya everyone, wow I'm behind on here, hope all are doing well.

I don't think I'll be hearing back from the gym unfortunately. I'm not even sure why, the interview was great.

Whatever.

I'm looking to the future, I'm worried, but, I'm going to apply for a job within' my company as an asst manager at a store that is outside my current region but is hiring an asst with hopes of them becoming a manager within' 6-12 months.

It's 45 mins or so away by bus. maybe an hour, but for the money and benefits, it would be worth it. I love the company I work for, and I"m good at my job, so I"m hoping for this to work out. I'll be discussing it with my current manager soon. I'll need a good word.

I'm down 2 lbs this week. yay. :) A little glimmer of goodness in this otherwise craptastic stressful week.

mj5
04-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Good Morning! Just popping in quick before I head to zumba.

lottie--That stinks about the gym job. Grr. That would be super good news about the promotion, though. Awesome 2lb loss!

lottie63
04-10-2011, 10:54 PM
scratch promotion, doing something else. something concrete.

Anyhow, today was crazy busy, got a new a/c, spice rack, salad spinner, groceries and a wire hangy fruit basket thing.

also saw the play, 'next to normal', it was good. :)

Drugz
04-11-2011, 03:10 AM
My knee has been really hurting today so i just did some callanetics..didn't track my food for today and yesterday. Eh no big, i'll be back on it tomorrow!'

Hope everyone has a great monday!

lottie63
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
today is weigh in for this biggest loser challenge I'm doing over on spark, I have lost 2 lbs so far, I'll weigh in a min, I hope I lost 1 more.

eeep.

jab91864
04-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Here we are at Monday once again. Got only about 3/4 of my to do list done this weekend.

My one daughter is at her lay-over in Detroit on her way to Florida. I'm trying to be upbeat because I know the job market here is tapped out and she has a better chance where she is going.

I had my protein drink for breakfast, my cheerios packed for lunch and am off to a stress filled day...lol

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!

mj5
04-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

Today is my official weigh in day. I lost 3lbs! With all of the work stress and everything last week I am happy with that.

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

I am skipping water aerobics today in lieu of yard work - weeding, raking, yuck! Most of the weeds out here have pokey, picky, sticky thorns. Got a 1/2 acre to see to and a 1200 sf garden to get back in shape for spring planting.

BeverlyJoy - Good job climbing back on the horse. Let's just take it slow.

Drugz - Hope your knee feels better soon and you're back at it today!

mj5 - Great job on the 3#!!

Lottie - Great job on the 2#!! I once had a three tiered wire basket and loved it but kitchen renovation eliminated niche it was in.

jab - Wow! You got 75% of your chores done!!!! That impressive!

K9 - Hope you are recovered from the super work you had to do this weekend.

Trazey34
04-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be a bad week LOL I have a lot of evenings out planned, and there will be some birthday cake eaten somewhere in there ;) so I did it a bit light today...

br: cheerios and orange, coffee
lu: turkey sandwich with cranberry, scoop of baked beans
din: spicy pepper chicken with quinoa

fruit or veg for snacks, that's about it!

Lizz
04-11-2011, 02:16 PM
scratch promotion, doing something else. something concrete.

Anyhow, today was crazy busy, got a new a/c, spice rack, salad spinner, groceries and a wire hangy fruit basket thing.

also saw the play, 'next to normal', it was good. :)

Hey Lottie, change will come your way or more likely, I have a feeling that you will make change happen for yourself from a professional point of view sooner rather then later. I am crossing my fingers for you to find a new job that suits you well, should you decide that it is time to go for it. :)

Good luck with the weigh-in!

MEH1969
04-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I have 786 calories left for the day, so my plan is to not over eat at dinner. I need to figure out how many calories are in spaghetti with meat sauce. I plan on grilling some zucchini and yellow squash as well. I just love that stuff.

Beverlyjoy
04-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Sit yourself down for this. I went to my appointment with my Orthopedic Surgeon today to once again schedule my foot/ankle surgery. It had been November since I had seen him. He took xrays and had me walking around, up and down on my tiptoes, and more. Asked me how it was feeling. I said some improved, because basically I have not done much for the past year. He said that this tendon had healed a little more. (apparently Tendons heal very slowly). He said that he didn't think he wanted to do the surgery at this time. (I nearly fainted) That there is a different kind of brace I can try on my foot/ankle that might work for me - and be all I need. That my foot has improved enough and he wants to try the brace before doing this big surgery with the long recovery time. Surgery is the very last resort. I was dumbfounded and speechless. (an usual thing for me) He thinks it could work. If it doesn't then he will do the surgery later. He repeated, surgery is the last resort.

So go figure. I am happy, in shock and really don't know what to think. Maybe, just maybe, all the wierd delays was 'the reason' it all happened the way it did. Time will tell.

I don't know if this is going to be the magic cure. But, I am ready to try.

I am in absolute shock.

Also...yesterday was a healthy day...so grateful. I: planned/measured/logged, lots of water, wieghed, stretches/strengthening/recupbent bike, no seconds, left a bite.........and.........ate seated only. I stopped myself from any licks, nibbles, tastes, etc. I am really proud of that.

Well - I need to digest all this news.

Have a great day.

lottie63
04-11-2011, 08:51 PM
So, my bf and I are going to write up a 5 year plan, to get to where in 3-5 years we can open our own (plant based) restaurant. We also need to have 6 month 'check ups'....a small goal to have achieved by the 6 month mark of each year to show that we are at least focused and on our way.

I have better credit than him, but he has an inheritance. I think what we'll do is over the next two years I will get my credit score up to the fabulous level, haha, while we both save money, and once we have abuot 10k+ (in 3 years) saved for US, we will use a big chunk of the inheritance for the start up for the restaurant.

In the mean time, I'll be blogging, working on my cookbook, I may be invited to write a regular column for a vegan website, I'm meeting with the girl next week who runs it, and holding local 'plant based tastings'. for restaurants, and caterers, but really it's just a way for me to get feedback (and more people to come so, more feedback) for my cookbook, I'll have food samples and comment cards. So that I can improve on my recipes.

As for my current job situation, I have applied with an employment network (this is through the ticket to work program through disability), that pretty much hooks you up with phone jobs disabled people can do from home. I'm going to do that and keep my current retail sales job which is part time, and between the two I will make enough to stay in the program in order to 'ease' me off of disability over the course of the next few years.

I feel better, I feel like I'm on solid ground.

DixC Chix
04-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Trazey - aka party girl!! Happy Birthday!

MEH - I love grilled zukes and squash with a little garlic infused olive oil. Calories to use for dinner - 786?? Lucky girl!

BeverlyJoy - Great news!!!! How amazing is that!!!??! Your healthy eating and weight loss is probably a big contributor to healing the tendon. I hope it all works out for you.

Lottie - What a great idea!! Are you going to sub contract with caterers for vegan dishes too? My sis had to organize a luncheon for the board of directors at her agency with all their various dietary restrictions, desires and allergies. She could have used your skills or cookbook!!!! Also, I'd like to say you are a perfect example of how the disability program and the work incentives are supposed to work.

Yesterday was a good OP day with food. I did spend 1 1/2 hours on the yard work - got the front clean up and weeding done, starting on the back and got about a 1/3 of the way sweeping, raking and weeding before the millions of cactus spines and and thorns did a number on my hands. Today I am skipping the bodypump class to get the vegetable garden area in shape. My hamstrings are screaming this morning.

One of the strangest things I noticed yesterday was a big vein in my right forearm was pumped out and for the first time in years, I felt like I had muscles!!!

Hope everyone has easy Tuesday!!

mj5
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone! So my work ickiness went even better than I expected...the person quit before I had a chance to go through our formal process. Still tried to make a scene, but whatever...that's done.

Beverlyjoy--Wow. That is fantastic news. I really hope this new brace works for you! It's funny, I had a similar experience at my ortho's office once...so far, it has been the BEST decision ever. Unfortunately for me, I know someday I will need my surgery, but that's ok.

lottie--sounds like an awesome plan!!!

Trazey--Happy Birthday!

MEH--mmm grilled veggies, YUM!

DixC Chix--Wow,. that's a lot of yard work! You go!!

Diane--How's the job going?

jab--How are you doing?

I have a hair appt tonight, just a trim, I think....lol! Saturday I am getting a mani/pedi can't wait for that.

Last night hubby and I decided to take a trip to Boston at the end of May. We are always saying we should...do this or that...and well, time gets away from us and we never get around to it. Well, we have been really good about saving a set amount of money each month, so.........there is no good reason not to go and do some of this stuff we are always talking about! Hubby is a HUGE baseball fan, yankees fan really but all baseball...so we'll go to a game at Fenway, and besides that...IDK yet.

lottie63
04-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Auuuuugh, can't have the vegan tasting at the hotel. dang it. Oh well, I'm going to have it at a friends and make it by invite.

blah. Oh well, it'll still be nice. and her place is bigger and near a parking garage, and a friend who does vegan baking is going to make me a lower cal vegan gluten free cake for it. hehe.

mj5
04-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Good Morning! Ugh, silly rain! I woke up ridiculously early and my knee was throbbing. I am hoping it is just the rain...since I was up so early I had time to ice before work and actually it feels better already. I have an ice pack at work, so I can ice more later too.

lottie--well, that's good that you have a plan b! good luck at the tasting, not that you'll need luck, of course!!!

So, I am hoping for a "catch up on paperwork" kind of a day at work today. My co-worker that I have been covering for comes back to work TOMORROW!!!!!!!! I am so excited! Like beyond excited! I know it will be hard for her (leaving her little one), but I don't know how much longer I could have kept up this pace.

I am going to plan a long weekend for myself as soon as she gets back into the groove of things. My vacation isn't for a while (my choice...I wanted to wait until hubby can take time off again, so we can go to Boston), but I do want a nice long weekend where I can do just fun stuff around here.

DixC Chix
04-13-2011, 04:45 PM
mj5 - so glad you are done with the extra work and personnel issues. And a little R&R is just the thing to rejuvenate your mind and body.

lottie - a little 'touch of home' could be a great setting for the taste testing. Keep us up to date.

I have been a little light on WW points because fruit and veggies are lighter on my tummy when I am bent over and working hard outdoors. I went with water aerobics and ibuprofin today! Still picking the cactus spines out of my fingers - ugh!!

Have a warm Wednesday inside or out!

lottie63
04-13-2011, 06:38 PM
OMG! I've lost 3 lbs since saturday already!

woooo!

Beverlyjoy
04-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi friends...thanks for all of your thoughts and hoorays with me! I talked to the doctors medical assistant for a long time at surgeons office yesterday as we discussed the cost, insurance, etc of the brace. She said that the doctor has had wonderful success with this new brace. About 85% or so. So with my foot stablized so well it can so often prevent or postone any surgery for years. It's certainly worth a try. DH and I talked a long time about it. Alas, if it doesn't work, then I will do the surgery of course. I am feeling very positive, however. I figure if the surgeon suggested not having the surgery... it must be what I need. I am in!

I got on the scale and have lost four pounds since last week. I am grateful. My food has been pretty healthy really for the most part... a little bit of unplanned eating and 'sloppy'. I need to make a concrete food plan and not make it up as I go along.

Lottie - hooray for that wonderful weight loss.

dixcchic - so glad you've been on plan! Ouch for the catcus ... take care now.

mj - so, so sorry to hear that your knee is acting up. (ugh - darn these old pieces and parts of ours... mine are old, anyway!) I am glad your coworker is coming back soon... yes, take some time for yourself as work time allows. You deserve it.

Have a healthy day, friends!!

MEH1969
04-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Congrats to all who have lost!

Beverlyjoy, that's great news about your foot. It sounds like you have a good surgeon if he's being conservative and wanting to avoid surgery if possible. I hope it works for you!

I ate out again last night, but stayed on plan. It's really hard to find dishes without so much sodium. I think the sauce on my grilled chicken had a whole lot. I asked for a nutrition guide before ordering so I knew how many calories the dishes had, but they had no sodium measure.

Trazey34
04-14-2011, 09:25 AM
let's see.... out for dinner Friday...Saturday....Monday....Tuesday....out for lunch on Wednesday....again today... WOW lol

It's been a pretty awesome birthday week I have to tell you, but when EVERY little group of friends wants to go out for a celebration, yikes LOL I'm only up 1 lbs. but I want to get control of the situation pretty quick!

My lunches out I've had a veg soup and plain salad with chicken, and dinner out I picked a steak with steamed veg, and 1/2 the baked potato, so not too bad. Didn't touch any booze, and as for cake I could easily say no to all of them because I saved myself for my mom's chocolate cheesecake with hot raspberry sauce. That's right, I said that! I had a nice sized piece and gloried in it!!! (ok I wanted to roll around in it and marry it).

soooo...back to normal....

Br; cottage cheese, fruit salad.
Lu: going out (LAST time!!!) checked the menu online (of course!) and will order the grilled chicken over greens with a side of fruit salad, looks delish!
Din: something light, soup and a w.wheat roll, greek salad

and then life can get back to normal ;)

mj5
04-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Good Morning! I was feeling really frustrated over my knee yesterday, so I emailed my trainer. He was really helpful and supportive.

DixC Chix--Ouch cactus spines...sounds painful! Thanks...yea, SO glad that is over!

lottie--That is awesome! CONGRATS!

Beverlyjoy--85% are odd I would certainly take! And a 4lb loss! You go girlfriend!!!! My pieces and parts certainly feel old, sometimes! LOL!!! Actually, my knee is MUCH better today. I did my workout, then iced, and took some pain meds and rested. Must have worked, it feels fine today. I will still take it easier today.

MEH--Good for you for staying on plan while eating out, that is so hard. Yea...sodium is usually a LOT.

Trazey--with all of that eating out only 1lb up is not bad. Great job.

Tonight is zumba and I am super excited about that. Tomorrow I have a podiatrist appt in the morning, then I am working out, then hitting the outlet mall. I am seriously running out of clothes....in a good way! LOL!!! Saturday is zumba, then a mani/pedi.

Have a great OP day everyone!

jab91864
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Checking in and saying hey!!!! :D

Off work today, since I work Saturday this week. Trying to get my chores done that I save for my day off...lol.

Got my tomato and pepper seeds started and under lights this week. Have other seeds to start just need to sit down and do it. Worked a little bit in the garden area and used my arms too much so I have been paying for that the last several days. Very frustrating!!

My daughter got to Florida safely and is happy so far... loves being away from the cold and the "big" city. She left both her dogs (a pug and a chihuahua/fox terrier mix 7lbs) at her dad's. The chihuahua mix escaped and ran away into the woods and we all looked and looked and looked to no avail. I emailed the nearest humane society his pic and bio. I put an ad on craigslist. We talked to neighbors. We were all pretty upset, but thankfully some kind hearted soul picked him up and took him to the shelter. :carrot: :carrot:

So he has come to stay with me and we are seeing if that will work out better for everyone.

I have a friend who has asked me to start walking in the evenings. She needs someone to go with her or she won't do it and I think it is probably the boot I need as well..lol.

I haven't stepped on the scale. I went off plan last Sunday we had a going away dinner for my daughter and I just don't feel thinner...lol. Other than that my calorie intake has been good.

Work is still getting the best of me. Another 2 wks and my supervisor will be back but we've had a lot of changes in her absence... her supervisor changed so that upsets the whole apple cart if you know what I mean..lol. We also have some new faces in the dept and I don't have a good vibe off of either of them.
When the "big dog" asked my opinion I was honest and gave it to which the boss said well you worked with "insert name" these two can't be any worse. I replied yeah and I was stuck picking up the slack all the time. I don't mind helping ppl but when you expect me to do the bulk of your work we have a problem. He knows I am close to being over it.

mj~ sorry to hear about the knee, hope you feel better soon

trazey~ I think only 1 lb is really good for being out to eat that much. I find it so much more difficult to stay on plan when I eat a meal out. Happy belated Birthday!!!

Beverlyjoy~ that is fantastic news about the brace!!! I'm very happy for you :carrot:

Lottie~ that is GREAT on the weight loss!!!!!

DixC Chic ~ ouch cactus spines sound too painful !!! :(

meh1969 ~ everything seems better on the grill doesn't it !!!

Liz~ :)

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!

mikeysmommy
04-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh boy oh boy! 5 feet 274.8 pounds :stress:
I need a place for accountability!!! Looks like a nice group.
Hope to get to know you all better and shake these pounds off.

mj5
04-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Good Morning! I have today off! YIPPEE!!!! I have a podiatrist appt which shouldn't take long, then a workout, then hitting the outlet mall! I am running out of clothes that fit well (in a good way!) It's funny....before I was consistently losing, I was happy wearing loose baggy clothes. NOT anymore! Thank goodness for the outlet mall!!!!!

jab--hope you enjoyed your day off! Thank goodness that person took the dog to the shelter! I hope it works out w/ him being with you. FANTASTIC that you have someone to walk with!!! I hope the work stuff starts settling down. Thanks, my knee is better...still gotta take it easy, just as a precaution.

mikeysmommy--Welcome! This is a great group! Jump on in, you can do it!

Last night my zumba instructor told me how awesome I am looking. She said that she has been noticing my weight loss all along, but in the past couple weeks, it is REALLY noticible. She is super encouraging. Then she told me to get my booty to her abs class..ummm, yea, maybe soon.... lol!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

lottie63
04-15-2011, 07:48 AM
welcome mikeys! :D

The girls at lane bryant asked me to apply yesterday (they know I'm looking for a second job and they know I'm awesome. haha.) so I did, a discount on clothes would be fabulous. :)

DixC Chix
04-15-2011, 09:33 AM
Welcome Mikeysmommy!! :wave: I like your avatar! Try not to get too overwhelmed - we all do it one lb. at a time! A year from now you'll be so glad you did this.

jab - I love happy endings especially when it is a wagging tail!! Yard work is hard on the body. You must have a nice green thumb to start tomato seeds indoors!! Having a buddy to walk with is good for the both of you and I'll bet the little doggy would like it too!

BeverlyJoy - congrats on the 4#! And the surgeon's recommendation. Letting the body heal itself is always a better route.

MEH - Good job on the restaurant choices. That is an area I am still working on.

Trazey - birthday week was a test and you passed with only 1#. Godd Job!!

mj5 - you get to go shopping so have fun and strut your stuff!! Nice NSV with the zumba leader!

lottie - how cool if you get in with LB's! You'd be great there. My store has great associates.

Raked leaves for a good hour before the winds got up to 40 mph. The cactus spines are also in the leaves and most are baby spines - they go right through my leather gloves. There's always a couple that break off at skin level. Little SOBs! Then to church to work on some Homeless projects. Used all my WW points yesterday when I grilled filet mignon but it was worth it!
Today is water aerobics, a trip to Petsmart, then more yard work. Standard bkf and lunch, salmon for dinner.

Have a fun-filled Friday!!

MEH1969
04-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I went over yesterday, but I think my food choices have been too carb-y. I was so hungry last night.

Today, I'm making a change and adding more protein. I think that will stave off the afternoon hunger pangs.

Welcome, mikesmommy!

Lottie, that would be dangerous for me. LOL I'd spend all my paycheck on clothes!

lottie63
04-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Got a juicer today!!!!

I'm gonna make my smoothies with juice (since you can't juice a banana) hehe.

Anyhow, I'm super excited. I'm drinking one now, apple orange and strawberry. I bought a bunch of veggies and fruits to juice tomorrow. (get my groceries delivered)

jab91864
04-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Well I got on the scale, crept down another lb... slow but sure. :D

Lottie~ A juicer sounds kewl. Getting groceries delivered would save me a $$ in the long run. I tend to stock up on "specials"

MEH1969~ I seem to flux depending on my cravings. Some days just seem to be strong either carb or protein, it's rare I get an even split on my pie chart at fitday when I log my food. I try to push more protein in the morning to help get me thru to break time at work.

DixC Chic~ it's super windy here as well, you wouldn't know we raked by the looks of the lawn today :( I keep hoping they will blow back where they came from...lol. I do pretty good starting my plants indoors. I started 66 tomato plants and 36 pepper plants. I trimmed that down from past years as I always start waaaay too many. I love tomatoes and it is impossible for me to choose just 2 or 3 kinds.

mj5~ it's always nice to hear someone notices the weight loss!!!! :)

Mikeysmommy ~ Welcome to the group!! :)

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lottie63
04-15-2011, 10:00 PM
I've had a migraine every day the last 5 days, I have also had mood changes.

My migraine med, maxalt, is making me a little insane. augh. I hate how sensitive I am to drugs! Stupid bipolar. :(

DixC Chix
04-16-2011, 09:59 AM
MEH - Its a difficult to maintain the delicate balance between fat, protein, carb AND hunger. I wish I could find the right balance with oatmeal.

Lottie - have a juicy Saturday!!! Hope you feel better soon.

jab - yay for the pound!! Ooo, I can't wait to have some fresh tomato sandwiches - yum! I can eat 3 or 4 of them easily. This year they'll have to be open-faced. I am putting in Tiny Tims, Romas and beefeaters. I tried heirlooms but the sun and heat is too harsh on them.

mikeysmommy
04-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the very warm welcome. :D
I am down 2.8 pounds this week. So, the scale this morning says 272.
I am going to just take this one pound at a time like DixC Chix said, and not look at the big picture, only the next one pound. Thank you! I needed to hear that.
Lottie - Your post could have been written by me regarding migraines. I have them all the time. This last week has been pretty bad and I also have bipolar II and I know exactly what you mean about maxalt making you feel strange. I bought some Excedrin Migraine and some Excedrin tension yesterday because the strange feeling with the maxalt makes me feel uneasy. I am fearful of having seratonin syndrome complications since I take a whole boat load of meds.
I take Lamictal, seroquel, Clonazepam for panic attacks/anxiety, trazadone for sleep or I would just stare at the ceiling all night. I take metformin for pre-diabetes (just started retaking it after stopping it for several months) so I am BEHAVING and I'm back taking it and being nauseated :( I'm hoping it will bring my blood sugars back down substantially and give me some help with being in constant fat storage mode. I take a few other medications as well. I constantly feel tired. I also have fibromyalgia. I am hoping that some of the fibromyalgia pain diminishes with weight loss. That would be fantastic!!!
I am a Mom of two small boys (divorced now for 2 years) my youngest is 3 and my oldest is 6. I really, really, REALLY need to get it together so I am here for them for a LONG time. I'm glad to have found this group. I think it will really help me to keep on track since I know I need to post for accountability, AND "confess my sins" :lol:
jab91864 - YAY for the weight loss! :carrot:
MEH1969 - I have to have protein for hunger control. If I don't eat enough, I could shake the fridge over my mouth!
mj5 - Did you find some cute stuff at the outlet mall? Smaller clothing size is something I am really looking forward to! I want to wear what I WANT and not only what FITS.
Have a great day everyone! :dance:

lottie63
04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
mikeys, ahhhh! We have so much in common, ha. bipolar, migraines, fibro, pre-diabetes, blech! It's all awful.

My weight bearing pain has diminished but the fibro pain has acutally improved a lot with myofascial release (massage type if you haven't had it) It's amazing. I have three more sessions and I"m done, plus she gave me things to do at home to keep up with my pain management. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself fibro wise.

If you haven't you should look into it! :)

lottie63
04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
check out my new blog, it has a pic of my new commitment ring! Pink sapphire and diamond in white gold. LOVE IT!:

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-commitment-ring-for-my-less.html

mj5
04-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend!

lottie--A job at LB would be awesome! Hope your migraine is gone by now. Gorgeous ring!

DixC Chix--Busy, busy, busy!

MEH--good for you for adding more protein. I did that not too long ago and it made a big difference.

jab--Congrats! slow, but sure is the way to go!

mikeysmommy--CONGRATS on your loss! That's awesome! Yes, I found some really cute clothes.

I had an AWESOME day yesterday. Ok, so the podiatrist appt was less than awesome, but from there it was awesome! I went to the gym, then to the outlet mall. I found some really cute shirts (most on clearance!). I had to keep asking the salesperson to get me smaller sizes because the ones I had chosen were too big! Guess my brain has to catch up with the rest of me, LOL! I can't wait to wear them. Most of the shirts are really short sleeve....something I NEVER would have bought before, but all of that strength training is paying off! Today was busy, but lots of fun. Amazing zumba class (two of my niece's and a friend joined me...SO much fun! They are going to start coming every week!), then I met a friend for coffee, then mani/pedi, then visited some family....finally home to make dinner and relax! Hard to believe that I have the energy for such busy days!!!

Tomorrow is zumba and a quick stop at the grocery store, then home to RELAX!!!!!

Oh and I received my new workout from my trainer, so I'l start that on Monday. Can't wait!

mj5
04-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Ok, so I decided it was time to put up a pic of me :) This was taken yesterday and is one of my one month progress pics. It has only been a month since I started working w/ my trainer, but WOW!!! What a difference. I have lost 2" in my waist and just over 2" in my hips. I've lost more in other places, but these are the most significant. Not bad for 4 weeks! He sent me my new workout last night. Can't wait to try it tomorrow.

lottie63
04-17-2011, 09:19 AM
mj5, lookin' good! :) Congrats on the inches :)

jab: congrats

meh, I agree with mikeys, I have to have protein too or else I get so hungry, also, I probably will! ;) The discount is fierce though. haha.

jab91864
04-17-2011, 10:28 AM
It's snowing :( :( :( :( :(

I was suppose to go pick up a truckload of manure for the garden but we had intense rainfall yesterday , now it is snowing.... the ppl at the farm called to say we need to wait till it dries up or we will be stuck in the muck. I was actually glad when she called because I don't want to be out in this weather...lol.

On the bright side I have some morning glory seeds from 2006 (they were from a trade on a gardening forum years ago) that I got 100% sprout from. I unwrapped them this morning and was delighted to see they are all happy and rooted. I popped them in soil and put them under my lights beside the tomatoes.

mj~ Lookin' good !! ongrats on the success, very inspirational!! :cheer3: :cheer2:

lottie~ very pretty ring!!

mikeysmommy~ Congrats on the weight loss !!! :woohoo:

DixC Chic~ I am planting more hybrids this year. The last two seasons have been harsh (bad weather, and blight) for our area and the heritage breeds I typically plant just don't seem to hold up as well. I put in some of our favorite stand bys.. Mortgage Lifter, Lime Green Salad, Aunt Gertie's Gold, Gold Medal, Paul Robeson, Cherokee Purple, Cherokee Green. The rest will be new to us except for the paste and cherries.

I have a recipe for a tomato pie that is delicious!!!!! :hun:

DixC Chix
04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
mikeys - Congrats!! 2.8 is a very nice loss!

Lottie - beautiful ring! I like the gems set in the band. I also have to praise myofascial release. I had chronic pain from a car accident and the myo helped my lattisamus dorsi (spelling?) that kept me crooked and then orthogonal chiropractic that put my neck back in place and eliminated my chronic headaches.

mj5 - you look positively radiant in your pix. Good color choice for you and my, my, my your face and neck look so thin!!! Enjoy the new clothes!! Its always so fun to play dress-up for like a week after a good shopping trip! You had a wonderful day so busy,busy, busy right back atcha!!

jab - or should I call you the Green Thumb - 100% sprout from 5 year old seeds?!! I gotta have the tomato pie recipe!!!

Today is a rest day - church and then brunch and PM of reading a book on the couch. Yesterday was 3 hours of raking leaves. Not even 1/2 way done.

Have a great sunny Sunday!

PS - lost a pound!

mj5
04-17-2011, 02:45 PM
lottie--Thanks!

jab--ugh. Darn weather! I LOVE morning glory seeds! Can't wait to hear about their progression. Thanks!!

DixC Chix--Thanks! Someone else said the same thing. AND they said I look so much younger..AWESOME compliment there! LOL! Rest day for me too....ahhhh, so nice! CONGRATS on your loss!!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you?

Hi to everyone else who stops by.

DixC Chix
04-18-2011, 09:29 AM
After church and brunch, I went to a free quilt show yesterday put on by our local quilt club and it was fantastic. It was a perfect day weather wise and the colorful pieces of art were fluttering in the breeze.

Today is yoga, water aerobics and maybe a salsa class this afternoon. My back is spasming with certain micromoves so I don't want to push it too much right now.

I reviewed a lot of my kitchen behaviors and discovered I am guilty of portion creep and that I have been using measuring cups for dry products instead of my scale which gives a more accurate serving. In WW, fruits and veggies have no value in the counting process but I have decided to measure all f/v servings and add a point for every serving over the recommended 5. I have to change my mindset that more was okay.

Have a momentous Monday!!!

mj5
04-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Good morning! Hope you are all having a fantastic day! I am down 2lbs this week. AND my soon to be former favorite jeans are getting loose. :)

DixC Chix--Sounds like an awesome day yesterday. Great plan for today! Oh my goodness..I have been measuring/weighing my portions for about a month now. (I was SO resistant to it before...), wow, were my portions SO out of control!!!!

Tonight will be my first night of my 'new' workout. Actually, its a lot of the same stuff from the first one w/ some new things thrown in. Can't wait...well, maybe I can wait for the new ab stuff...that looks hard! Oh well, going to give it my all anyway!

My booty is STILL sore (although not as bad) from Saturday, LOL!! The good news is, it wasn't just me....even very fit individuals were saying how sore they were, so I didn't feel so bad after that, LOL!

Today is my hubby's 12 year and 3 month anniversary for quitting smoking. I am so very proud of him! And yes, we "celebrate" every month...I buy him baseball cards.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

I just realized, I am 1/2 way to my goal!!!!!! Nice!

mj5
04-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Good Morning everyone! Super busy at work today, but all good stuff!

Have a great day!

jab91864
04-19-2011, 08:39 AM
I am working a different schedule today and don't start until 10:30 today. Problem is I know what waits for me and I know they will be behind when I get there.

Yesterday I was exhausted when I left work. My head hurt so bad I actually took aspirin thinking maybe it's a stroke because I was literally waiting for my skull to explode. I was off balance and my eyes were foggy by the end of the day.

We had a huge inspection which I have dreaded for weeks. With my supervisor on leave that turns the focus of complaint to me... Inspection went great. I got praise, I also got handed a big project and someone new to train. The project is a must do and is on a time line. It's nearly impossible for me to do my job, the project and train a part time supervisor. Yeah, train my supervisor's new partner who unfortunately didn't make a good first impression. My supervisor is off work for another 9 days on her medical leave.

Other than that food is good. I "felt" thinner so stepped on the scale, no such luck but being the same is better than being heavier...lol.

Trying to up my protein level to give myself a boost.

I hope everyone is blessed with a Fabulous day!!!!

DixC Chix
04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Yesterday, I did yoga and WA but skipped the salsa (back is still a bit pinchy even in the water). My food was on plan - 28 P+ = 1404 cals. I didn't get in all my dairy or a grain in so now I think I should not add extra points for extra fruit and veggies servings just for excess fruit servings. I also heard someone suggesting not to have high carb fruit in the evening when activity levels taper off and the need for glycogen drops. Something to think about.

Today is bodypump and I am going to take my swim gear in case I feel like WA and a fresh shower before I go for a mammogram!! Its been two years and 84 lbs since my last one so I hope they don't have to compress SO much.

jab - it is one of the mysteries of the work environment - why do people who do a great job get even more to do?? Have they heard about the causes of burnout??! That major headache is your body trying to tell you something.

mj5 - Yay for DH's non-smoking. That is one tough battle. How's that new workout?

I hope everyone has a champion Tuesday!!!

mikeysmommy
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Just a quick pop in; racing around getting my little one ready for Kindergarten.
I lost another 1.8 :) The scale reads 271.4 so I am sooooooo close to seeing the 60's and that would really make me happy.
I did painting over the weekend and boy did my Fibromyalgia get angry about that. I had a hard time moving around the last few days. The temps have been a lot colder around here so hopefully once it warms up a bit the pain will lessen a tiny bit; usually does in Summer.

mj5
04-20-2011, 08:40 AM
Good Morning!!! I am wearing one of my new shirts and a smaller pair of jeans today. Kinda surreal. I kept asking hubby if they looked ok, LOL!

jab--Sorry to hear about your headache. Do you get migraines? Obviously I'm not a dr, but I get them and that's what it sounded like to me...they are horrid. CONGRATS on the inspection!!!! Deep breath....you will get through the work challanges.

DixC Chix--Hope your back is less pinchy today. Yes, I am SO proud of my dh for quitting smoking. On the annual anniversary, he gets to pick something special to do too. :) The new workout is great. My abs were sore yesterday...or at least where my abs will someday be ;)

mikeysmommy--YEA on another loss!!!

Yesterday I had kind of a "weird" day...just a lot of thoughts about how I have been "here" before in terms of my weightloss and how it didn't last very long. Luckily for me, it was perfect timing for something like that to happen....I had my scheduled call w/ my wellness coach in the afternoon. That's what we focused on. We talked about how differently I am doing things this time around. From food choices to workouts that I actually love to even getting rid of my clothes. I felt so much better after our conversation. And, he actually thanked me for sharing all of my insight with him.

Tonight is my strength training workout, which I can't wait for!

mikeysmommy
04-20-2011, 11:00 AM
mj5 - A new shirt and smaller jeans! What a super way to start the day! I'm glad that your wellness coach was there for you to talk things through. You are doing such a fabulous job, and should be extremely proud of yourself! :hug:

mj5
04-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks mikeysmommy! I am extremely proud of myself and I am not going to let anything get in my way this time. I was "just one of those days"....luckily I am learning to DO something about it, not just let it fester, LOL! My wellness coach has been (and continues to be) an amazing support. Kind of like having your own personal cheerleader, but also there to give you a reality check if you need that too ;)

lottie63
04-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I got the job.

:D

Rainbowgirl
04-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm on plan so far this week, well at least as far as eating goes.

I've had a good, healthy breakfast every day since Sunday (I never used to eat breakfasts) and I've packed my lunch every day with healthy foods.

I had 2 pieces of toast with a Tbsp of peanut butter, a cup of orange juice, and half a grapefruit for breakfast.

For snack I had the other half of the grapefruit here at work.

For dinner I made pasta:
1/2 rottini
3 oz chicken breast (baked)
2 cups mixed Asian-style frozen veggies
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese

For evening snack I made a wicked quinoa salad with 1/4 cup quinoa and lots of veggies, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp olive oil, and 1/4 cup feta cheese.

And because I watched my calories today, I'm allowing myself one can of Coke; those small 100 calorie cans. It'll be my first one since Friday.

I'm still slightly under my daily allowance, but I'm saving up because of Easter this weekend. I'm going to my parents house where mom said she's making a ham. Since I dislike ham, I offered to make a really great stuffed pork tenderloin with applies and herbs. So I'll be able to have one portion of that with lots of veggies.

I have not been exercising. I have a million excuses - I work evening shift so I get up late. Recently, I've been playing phone tag with the outsourcing company I work part-time with from home. They're setting me on to a new account and I need the IT guys to download all the new stuff to my computer, but every time they call I'm asleep and by the time I'm up, they're off work (time zone changes suck). Plus I have a 10-month old chocolate lab that I train for retrieving, so I have to work on her with that every day before work, and somehow find time in all that to eat breakfast, make food to take to work, and make sure I have had my snack.

I know the easiest thing to do would be to take the dog for a 20 minute walk, but then I think that that's 20 minutes I could have spent working on her off-leash commands (and there's no where nearby that I could safely do that on a walk).

I have the Kinect for my Xbox and I have Your Shape: Fitness Evolved as well as Dance Central; so maybe while the IT guys are remotely installing the programs tomorrow, I should do some dancing. I did 45 minutes of aerobic exercise with Your Shape on Monday, but haven't done anything since.

Hrmph.

mj5
04-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Good Morning!

I put in an amazing workout yesterday. Seriously, I think it was my best effort so far. By the time I was done, I was exhausted, but also incredibly energized at the same time. I felt INCREDIBLE! I can feel it a little bit today, but not bad.

lottie--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rainbowgirl--Great job! I used to struggle w/ breakfast too.

Hi to everyone else who stops by! Hope you are doing well.

What are everyone's plans for Easter? How do you plan on getting through the weekend? I am taking roasted turkey breast (I am not a big fan of ham and it has SO much sodium that I'd rather have turkey) and roasted veggies. I have no idea how she does it, but my sister can turn even the healthiest veggies into the MOST unhealthy dish in the world. I've already let my mom know and she is actually looking forward to it. My sis will probalby get irritated, but whatever, I really don't care ;) I bought my niece a cute pair of sandals for Easter, instead of candy. My parents always put fruit in our Easter baskets (lots of different stuff...like pineapple, cucumbers, whatever we liked) and one of our favorite candies--for me it was jelly beans, and a present. That's a healthy tradition that my sis has continued w/ her daughter. She LOVES getting a whole pineapple! LOL!! So, I decided to just get her a little present and no candy. Besides, she's a "shoe girl" and would rather have the shoes anyway!

Tonight is zumba and I can't wait!!!!!!

lottie63
04-21-2011, 09:41 AM
We don't celebrate easter here, and I'm not going down home because my family is awful, so luckily won't be having treats around. Not that we keep them around anyhow.

I've normally lost a pound at least by wed, I haven't lost yet this week. Upped my exercise, as of today cutting my cals by 100. I figure it's about time.

DixC Chix
04-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Mammogram went well, the tech noticed the weight loss We had a whole conversation about it. Compression was not as pinchy this time. Whew!
Also hit the dentist yesterday - look ma, no cavities! And a mani/pedi - yum! I got a bright spring pink on the toes.
That's a top to bottom big thumbs up!

No baskets or treats for me although I did give my nail tech a large clear plastic egg filled with reese's eggs and a little grass. It was a cute thingy at the $ store. BIL is bowling in the afternoon and doesn't want a heavy dinner in his tummy so we will do a $12 brunch after church. A cheaper brunch is better for my diet as I am not tempted to 'get my money's worth'.

Mikeys - Well done with another loss! Must be the daily 5 (age) K (kindergarten) race ;)!

mj5 - refresh my memory - where did you get a wellness coach...the gym? Good idea about a gift in the basket in lieu of candy.

Lottie - congrats on the job!! There is no doubt your losses will continue. My loss pattern has changed, too. Just when we think we have it figured out...

Rainbow - Hi! :wave: Awwwww, puppy......! Shift work is hard on the fitness part of this journey. There is a separate support thread in the "Support Groups" forum.

mj5
04-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone! My day started out a little rocky....I was up early to hit the gym and then get groceries. Well...there was a power outtage, so both the gym AND the grocery store were closed. Ugh. I ended up driving quite a ways to go to another store (I was up and ready to do SOMETHING!). Tomorrow I will hit the gym before zumba. Might make zumba a little more challanging, but we'll see.....I'm getting a massage right after zumba CAN"T WAIT for that!

DixC Chix--Go you!!! A pedi sounds wonderful, even though I just had one, LOL! My wellness coach is a free service through my health ins at work. I can talk to him weekly or less often, if I choose. I have stuck w/ weekly, for now. He is awesome.

Today I went through my dressers, closet, etc and found 3 garbage bags of clothes that don't fit anymore. Geez Louise, didn't I JUST do that?! Oh well, felt great to clean out some stuff. My sis will go through it and the rest will go to a local church for their "clothes closet"

Beverlyjoy
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi friends... I haven't been around. I've been struggling and dealing with some sadness. MY DS and DIL lost their pregnancy. I am just so sad... so are they. We will get through it - but, I feel just kind of out of it.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

DixC Chix
04-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh Beverly, you have my deepest sympathies. :hug:

mikeysmommy
04-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Mikeys - Well done with another loss! Must be the daily 5 (age) K (kindergarten) race ;)! You made me giggle :D never thought of 5 K like that ha ha.

Beverly - I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

mj5 - Way to go! :carrot: I can't wait to donate my larger sizes! I bought three nice wool winter coats this last December and since I am only 5 feet tall, they just made me look bigger (they have belts and it was NOT flattering). I wore two of them once and the other one has never been worn. So, I already have three nice coats to donate or sell at a yard sale. Most likely donate though. You are such an inspiration!

lottie - When do you start the new job?

Rainbowgirl - Your quinoa salad sounds yummy! Anything with Feta is nom nom nom :D

I have been fighting with migraines again this week. My blood sugars have been low I think due to not having regular meals and when I do eat, it's not much. It's hard to eat when I feel like vomiting. Today I got super shaky and weak so I drank one of those vitamin c pouches with the electrolytes and b vitamins. I waited a few hours and had another one. It helped a little bit but I still feel really week and just odd. Migraines make me feel really off.
Tomorrow we are going to color Easter eggs! My little ones are super excited. It's also going to be warmer tomorrow (they said between 64 -69) that is a big change from how it has been. I'm from Washington State and it's been raining and cold. Looks like it's back to rain on Sunday so the Easter egg hunt will be inside this year.
We are going to my parents house. We may even go tomorrow evening and just spend the night so we are ready to rock n roll with the egg hunt Sunday morning. My 6 year old and 3 year old are anxious for their baskets! My Mom is making a ham and I am making the whipped sweet potatoes (won't be putting a topping on them) we just like them with a little butter and orange juice in them). I'm bringing asparagus and I picked up a lemon meringue pie when I was at the store today. I have not had lemon meringue pie in years. I was going to make a homemade one but just don't feel too great. The good thing with the nausea is I won't want to eat much LOL. I stepped on the scale and I have not lost anymore weight this week. I'm hoping that next week I will be in the 60's.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!
::: (\_(\
*: (= :) :*
.. (,()()..`

mj5
04-23-2011, 05:58 AM
Good Morning! Hope you are all having a great weekend so far!

Beverlyjoy--I am so sorry. Thinking about you and your family.

mikeysmommy--Aww, thank you! I struggled for so long and it finally 'clicked'...everyone here has had a part in that. I am really sorry you have been fighting migraines. They are horrible. I get them where I feel nauseous like that. Ugh. Your Easter plans sounds great! I can't wait to hang out w/ my 5 y/o niece this weekend. She is such a cutie!!! It is supposed to start to warm up a bit here too...I can't wait!

I have a busy, but super fun day planned today. I am hitting the gym bright and early (since the power was out yesterday), then zumba, then a massage. Then probably a nap! LOL!!! I even have my lunch all made....so when I get home from my massage, I just have to eat :)

Do something nice for yourself today, you deserve it!

lottie63
04-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Mikeys, dunno yet, she said she'd call by next week with info.

mj5, my days have been busy for like two weeks it's driving me batty. Sounds like your is a good kind of busy though ;) Today I'm NOT going out! Finally, no work, no drs. appts. I am though, going to spend the day cooking stuff in bulk so I can freeze stuff so I can stop eating out on days when I'm out all day. Also gonna pack little fruit and nut bags to take to work with me so I'm not starving all the time! Gonna exercise today too. Woooo! :) All good things. :)

lottie63
04-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Beverley joy, so sorry to hear. hugs.

mj5
04-23-2011, 09:39 PM
lottie--YEA for a stay at home day!!! I prepped food/snacks yesterday. Makes it so much easier!!

Phew what a day! I am shocked that I was able to get through both of my workouts fairly easily today. My gym workout (that was first) was great. Zumba was an AMAZING class! The instructor switched up the playlist (aka...made it harder). I will say, I was super glad to get a massage today. Perfect day for it! After eating my lunch I took a wonderful nap. Not too long, but just long enough to feel refreshed.

I made hubby and I black bean and zucchini quesadillas for dinner. SO yummy!

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

lottie63
04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
AUGH, I ended up going out yesterday. ha. I can't win, but today is definitely a staying in day. I MUST get my cooking done.

I'm starting another 75% raw week starting tomorrow. Need to kickstart things as I haven't lost this week. I haven't been off plan, just my body settling in I guess.

Anyhow, today I have some cleaning around the house to do, some bulk cooking and bf is headed for a rough 12 or so hour day at work so I told him to pick his dinner and he wants veggie lasagna, so that will be a good time! :)

mj5, jealous of your massage! I'm almost done with pt. Which I dont' think I start work until the week after next,s he's calling me with the schedule on wed, so I'll have this week to REALLY buckle down on my at home pt exercises and stretches and try and get in the best shape I can before starting work so hopefully I will suffer less. ha.

mj5
04-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone!

lottie--well.......you tried for an at home day! Did you get your cooking done?

Jab--How are you doing???

Spending time w/ my family today was pretty good...weird, but pretty good. There is some drama (isn't family by definition equal to drama? LOL) and some of them aren't even speaking. It's all ridiculous stuff, but whatever. I refuse to choose sides, talk badly about the "other" ones (I am not involved with the drama, so I actually talk to everyone), nor will I "report back" with info from one side to the other. It is draining at times. But whatever. I DO keep reminding all of them that life is way too short and I seriously hope that they figure this out before something happens.

I was totally on plan during dinner, despite some family members attempts to get me to eat things I did not want. Honestly...I'm kinda glad to be home now, LOL!!!

Hope you are all enjoying the rest of the weeknd!

lottie63
04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
mj5, about to start cooking and cleaning right now!

.....and I'm off! :D

lottie63
04-24-2011, 05:42 PM
So, I'm not gonna cook today since next week is going to be a 75% raw week. But I AM going to clean a bunch, cuz once I start my 2nd job, I'm sure my pain levels will rise some and I will not want to deal with coming home and cleaning and I won't want to deal with bf complaining about my messes, so I'm going to try REALLY hard to keep up with stuff as I dirty it.

So far I've done the dishes and made some iced tea. Now I need to go make sauce for tonight's zucchini lasagna, and clean the bathroom and bedroom and pick up a few things in the living room. Later I'll clean the cupboards in the kitchen and do the floor and the mats in there as well...oh, and vacuum. augh!

Fun times. heh...

mj5
04-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Good Morning!

lottie--Wow...sounds ambitious...hope you were able to get all that cleaning done! Duh..I had just read you were doing 75% raw..not much cooking there.

I hopped on the scale this am..I am still shocked, I am down 4lbs! I am really excited. I worked really hard, but I struggled w/ my own thoughts all week. Guess the hard work paid off!

lottie63
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
mj5, congrats!

I got some stuff done, the rest I'll most likely do tomorrow cuz I work a longish day today.

DixC Chix
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Good Monday Moanin'!!

Ended up eating out both Sat and Sun so the scale is crabby with me this morning. Its water I suppose (hope) and will pass.

Saturday, I put in a new drip system under the bark mulch for my front yard flower bed and planted a new shrub and flowers I ordered from High Country Gardens. We are in a severe drought and have water restrictions and a high price is paid for each gallon of water.

We had a severe sub zero week this winter so I lost my rosemany bush, grape vine, rose bush, lilac bushes and several perenials. I stopped at Home Depot and bought a bunch of flowers (perenials) and herb seeds for the patio pots and also veggie seeds for the garden. I can't afford to replace everything all at once but made a start. Still a little too early for veggies but I will get the flowers transplanted and herbs going today. My back is much better so more raking too!

mj5 - Hugs :hug: to you for being around the family drama and food pushers. Congrats on you -4#. You worked hard for it.

lottie - nice push for the cleaning. I did a bunch on Fri. Is it ever really 'done'? :mad: It sounds like you had a fabulous shopping trip!!

Mikeys, Rainbow, Beverly, jab - I hope everythings going good for y'all. Love to hear from you.

Beverlyjoy
04-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi chicks..company is gone and I am feeling alot better about life. DS/GS/DIL are coming here for a visit in May. That will be wonderful.

We had lots of company this weekend. DH's sister and our neice came on Saturday. DH and I hosted a birthday party cookout for our cousin's birthday and family in town. Our cousin brought three pies! I had some pie and some more. DH brought in jelly 'beans again. Another cousin brought us some homemade poppy seed bread. SIL brought two pies for Sunday and lots of chocolate.(that's five pies - about 3 too many) I did eat too much of that stuff. However, it's all went out the door or down the drain as of last night. Once I get started on that sugary stuff... it's hard for me to walk away.

However, today I got up with my plan and it's noon and I've had 50 ou of water... so I am on my way.

I have my journal and will stand on my head if I need to - to stay out of extra carbs and or unplanned food.

It was so fun Easter morning. When our sweet in little neighbor children went to church DH and I put out Easter Eggs will pennys, silly bands and only one with jelly beans. They were squeeling with joy as they saw them when they returned home. So fun. (1 1/2 pies and a half gallon of ice cream went to them last night. They are all skinny winny)

As always... thanks to you all for your evergoing support.

lottie63
04-25-2011, 08:25 PM
beverleyjoy, glad the goodies went out the door! It's tough to have that stuff around.

Anyhow, the weather was finally nice today. 77 degrees and sunny! Gorgeous, unfortunately I had a bunch of returns/exchanges at work so the sun was very little help. boooo! :(

I am gonna get on the bike tonight for 50 mins/10 miles and in a bit here I'm gonna make a salad for dinner. I just made some carrot/apple juice and it was soooooo good! Delicious. :)

I also blogged tonight about my journey with weight loss over the last 6 months or so, the ways things have changed, etc, if anyone wants to check it out, the link is in my sig.

I have pt tomorrow, and of course it's going to rain. blah.

Lizz
04-26-2011, 03:18 AM
Hello everyone, :)

Being still a big fan of accountability and restarting my weight loss, I would like to follow this plan in April:

1. Only eat what is good for me - I am thinking a bit radically here and will drop candy and chips, crackers & co from my menu altogether and focus on meat, milk products, eggs, fruit, whole wheat bread and veggies instead.

2. Exercise daily - at least 30 mins. This is planned as a habit forming.

Bonus goal: go to the gym at least 14/27 days still left from April. Because I need to get over feeling insecure and out of place there and making it a regular thing should help with desensitisation, I hope.

I will post a :) for every day when goals 1 & 2 were met.

If the bonus goal is met, a new bag will be my reward. Happy accountability to all!

4 - :(
5 - :(
6 - :) - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
7 - :)
8 - :( - gym day: pilates (90 mins)
9 - :) - gym day: latin dance aerobic class (60 mins)
10 - :(
11 - :)
12 - :(
13 - :(
14 - :(
15 - :(
16 - :(
17 - :(
18 - :(
19 - :) - gym day: dance aerobic class (55 mins)
20 - :) - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
21 - :(
22 - :(
23 - :(
24 - :(
25 - :(
26 - :)

Honestly, I am here to rant a bit as an exercise. :) The above is my April (non-)adherence proof and should my perfectionist self not be totally mad? :D I am making an effort these days to be less hard on myself and more forgiving in general - to myself and others - and look at life from a less control freakish perspective, so the accountability thread comes in handy to exercise some self forgiveness. The odd part is though that with that April plan adherence I have actually lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks which is ridiculous, I mean, why ever should life reward me for being lazy? :D But instead of beating myself up about it, I will just try to be grateful and make an extra effort in the 5 days still left in April to adhere to my plan.

And I also wanted to share this to show that well, you reading this post, are sure not the only imperfect person around here but I love the fact that we still hang in there and try to make an honest effort for the better every day. Sooner or later it will start bearing fruit. :)

jab91864
04-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Just popping in for a quickie fly by **waves**

Got on the scale it has not moved. Bumped up my calories for 2-days last week trying to cycle around. I guess not moving is better than gaining considering my stress level as of late. Hoping things mellow out at work end of this week, beginning of next.

The down side is unless a miracle happens I am not going to make my mini goal which ticks me off !!! :mad: Overall my calories are good. Protein shakes for breakfast (whey/soy powder mixed w/almond milk,yogurt,fruit) , I've been taking a portion of cheerios for lunch to eat like snack mix and 2 prunes, then I have dinner and that depends on my calorie allotment for the day.

Had planned to try to walk to work today since I start a later shift today but it's raining. 43* and raining...atleast it's not snow. Spent all day Sunday out in the garden area working my hoe, spreading manure etc... got a little sunburn and am still sore but it was in the 50's and felt so good !!

Have a GREAT day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

mj5
04-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone! I had an appt w/ my endocrinologist this morning. She is THRILLED at how well I am doing. Unfortunately I also found out that I need to have a thyroid biopsy on Friday. Ugh. It's probably nothing, but still better to get it checked out.

Hope you are all having a great day!

lottie63
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
I FINALLY LOST 2 lbs. I'm so close to the 220! :D 4 more lbs!

mj5
04-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Good Morning!!! Ok, so I'm not freaking out about the thyroid biopsy quite as much as I was yesterday. Still NOT looking forward to it, of course. Luckily I was able to juggle some stuff around at work and now I have Thurs, Fri, and Monday off (and the weekend, of course). Of course....I received a phone call from my gyn office yesterday reminding me that my annual exam and mammogram is due so those are scheduled for Thursday. So much for a day off with no appts! Oh well, it will be good to get them done. I am going to "treat" myself to a little retail therapy after (SOMETHING to look forward to, LOL) AND I have Monday with no appts...just the gym, then some serious lounge time :)

Beverlyjoy--Good for you getting the goodies out of the house!

lottie--I know...finally warmer here, but the rain..CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Lizz--That's what its all about...hanging in there! Supporting each other through the struggles and cheering each other on through the successes! Congrats on your 6lb loss!

jab--Staying the same is always better than a gain! Ok, so you may not make your mini goal. Goals can be revised. It has to feel good that the garden area is coming together!

I just need to stay focused on what I am doing for myself...my food, my workouts, drinking water. I did email my trainer and let him know that my workouts Sat and Sun might be effected, but I'll deal with that when I get there. Obviously I need to be honest with myself. If I am not up to it, I need to rest. Or do something else...zumba might be too much, but a walk might be ok. We'll see....

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Do something nice for yourself, you deserve it! Paint your nails, put on some lipgloss/lipstick not because you are going anywhere, just because you can, put on your favorite scent, or whatever you do to "pamper" yourself :)

lottie63
04-27-2011, 09:32 AM
have I mentioned my kitchen appliance addiction? I now want a food dehydrator. gah!

mj5
04-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Good Morning! Hope you all have a great day! Today I have my annual exam and mammo..yippee...well, good to get them done. THEN some retail therapy for me! Zumba later and I can't wait!!!

jab91864
04-28-2011, 08:04 AM
The scale moved, 2 lbs down...finally...lol. :broc: :carrot:

It has rained all week, hard soaking rain....I have standing pools of water in my flowerbeds and driveway. I am hoping my flowers don't rot before they have a chance to start this season. Can't work in the garden, can't go pick up another load of manure to spread in the garden and am not walking :( but on the bright side it is NOT snow. :D

I am going to put in some blueberry shrubs and have 2 plum trees on order. I have access to pick wild berries problem is harvest is usually low so I think putting a couple shrubs in my yard will net me better overall in the long run.

Had 2 different ppl comment to me that I looked like I had lost weight, which feels really good.

I was considering switching to a different protein powder for my shakes in the morning, but to be honest when you go online to compare it is mind boggling. :dizzy:

mj~ you will be in my thoughts and prayers, biopsy is one of those words that just naturally freaks everyone out!! Retail therapy sounds like fun!! I blew my budget buying stuff for the garden...shrubs, fruit trees, some rugosas for the one fence line and some new fencing for the veggie garden area. I wanted to double the size of it from previous years.

Lottie~ Congrats on the weight loss :carrot:

**Big wave to everyone else, I know I am behind on the board** :o

I had gone back to the old homestead and dug up a trunkload of my flowers last year (remember I ran away from home year and half ago) . I was there the other day (I rarely go as it just brings back too many things I don't want to think about) and I honestly thought about digging up my hydrangea and a small cherry tree I put in the season before I left.
I then noticed some of my things were loaded on the husband's trailer to take to sell for scrap which hurt. :( :(

I guess he is cleaning out the attic and one of the sheds and instead of saying, hey did you want these things, he is selling them at a scrap metal yard. Now we talk all the time, I still cut his hair. I still help him out financially with the auto and home owner insurance not to mention other financial things, so it's not like we have been on bad terms or out of contact. :mad: I bought him a brand new stove for the kitchen just a few months ago cuz the old one died and I felt guilty. All of our children are adult, it's not like I am obligated to help him with anything. I do it in part because I feel guilty because I walked and in part because I care.

I wrestled off something that belonged to my great grandfather and something that had belonged to my grandmother from the pile and put them in my car. Other stuff was crushed/mangled so he could make as much fit on the trailer as possible because it is sold by weight.
I know what the deal is, it's not anger it's just he doesn't care. He never has stopped to think about how his actions will affect someone else's feelings he just does what he wants and that is the way it ends... obviously I'm still upset, more than I realized since I am here rambling, sorry about that.

Work will soon be back to normal, I think...lol. My schedule has to be re-arranged because the new supervisor is having trouble learning the system and of course is super slow so I need to shadow to try to help. The problem is she just starts pushing keys on the keyboard instead of asking. I told her you have to read what is on the screen and pushing the wrong thing or a series of the wrong things will/could be worse than doing nothing. We also have another newbie starting next week so I am unsure how I am going to juggle that too. Guess I'm still stressed.

Well gotta trot and get ready for work before I dump the rest of my life here...lol.

Sorry, but it feels good to vent some.

lottie63
04-28-2011, 09:04 AM
After tuesday's PT, I am not ready to go back today. I'm going to have to cancel. sigh. I'm just still SO tender if she touched me I might cry.

I started doing yoga last night. I was able to do 20 mins,and even did a plank! I could never do those. Still can't do a side plank. Maybe in a month or so. I can't get past the side plank actually. ha. I'll just keep doing the first 20 mins in hopes of building up some strength.

mj5
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
And the news just keeps getting better.....I have several large cysts on both ovaries. Awesome. I have to go back on Monday for more tests and then meet w/ the Dr to decide the plan...probably lap. surgery to remove them. I have had them before, and had the lap. before, just NOT a great week for MJ!!!

The good news is, my mammo was fine (yea!) and I had fun doing some retail therapy. I found an awesome pair of "Born" shoes on clearance for $20 and a great pair of jeans, also on clearance THEN went to back to back zumba classes....yep, I'm tired, but a good tired.

jab--I'm so sorry. Ramble away! That's what we are here for. Oh and I totally hear you on the proten poweder! I just use what my trainer told me to...that made it easier! Thanks...I just can't wait for it to be over with!!! OH and congrats on your loss!!! That's awesome!

lottie--oh no, hope you are feeling better!

I'll check in tomorrow at some point. Have a great night!

Rainbowgirl
04-28-2011, 10:23 PM
The scale moved the wrong way this morning, up to 253 but I'm moderately confidant it was because I had eaten breakfast AND because of my "off" day yesterday with the goodness that was fried chicken (seriously, it tasted like heaven).

Today, I am back full on schedule so I should see some more loss here in a few days.

Food:
Breakfast:
2 soft boiled eggs (140 calories)
2 pieces of toast, no butter (160 calories.)
1 cup orange juice, no pulp (110 calories.)
Total: 410

Mid-morning snack:
Ambrosia apple (80 calories).
No fat chocolate pudding cup (90 calories)
Total: 170

Afternoon snack:
Small banana (72 calories)
1 mini-Babybel cheese round (60 calories)
Total: 132

At work snack:
1 Larabar (Chocolate-chocolate chip) (190 calories)
This was actually supposed to be part of my late evening snack, but I think my TOM is approaching and I am RAVENOUS right now.
Water.
Total: 190

Dinner:
1 President's Choice BBQ chicken breast (120 calories)
Large salad (about 2-1/2 cups) made with romaine lettuce, radishes, celery, carrots, cucumber, broccoli and cauliflower. (about 50-60 calories I think).
1 Tbspl Walmart branch cesar dressing (60 calories)
Water.
Total: 240ish

Evening snack:
1 package frozen edemame beans from Costco (100 calories) seasoned with Mrs. Dash "Southwest Chipotle" spice (0 calories).
Water.
Total: 100

Midnight snack: (potentially but not concrete, depends on how I feel, may not happen.
10 Popchips (54 calories)
1, 100-calorie can of Coke (100 calories).
Total: 154

Daily total: 1396

I know I should probably have more fruit, but I find that fruit doesn't fill me up.

As for exercise, nada. I know, I know. Yesterday it was pouring rain and cold, plus I was up early for my training session with my second job, then I had errands and then I had to go to work.

Today, I was up slightly less early, but I had to work for my second (at-home) job for 1-1/2 hours, then get dinner/lunch ready for work, shower, dress, and after that there was no time to do anything but take the dog for a few throws of fetch in the yard. Tomorrow is my day off, I'm hoping to put in the minutes for the second job and then take the mutt to the park where I can walk on the trail there.

I'm also going for a nice walk on Saturday with a coworker at one of the local lakes.

I should do Dance Central this weekend too. 20 minutes of dancing goes by fact.

mj5
04-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone! Well, the thyroid biopsy was not bad at all. A little uncomfortable, but really not bad. Phew, that's over! I was up bright and early and went to the gym and got in a great workout. I am feeling pretty good now, so as long as I feel good in the morning I will still go to zumba. I have been really paying attention to my food, just in case I wasn't able to workout, so it's all good.

Hope you are all having a great evening!

jab91864
04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
mj~ Glad to hear you got the thyroid biopsy out of the way. Big bummer about the ovaries... I was very glad to get rid of all my plumbing some years back, it just kept breaking down..lol.

Rainbowgirl ~ your menu sounded good !! The scale will bounce back the right way soon enough.

Lottie ~ hope you are feeling better, and that is a great job on the plank

I'm just on break from my chores and thought to give a wave. :)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!!

mj5
04-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone! We actually had sunshine today! It was gorgeous!!! upper 60's and super sunny. LOVE it! Zumba was awesome. I was still a little sore, but not too bad, so I went. I'm really glad I did. After lunch, I went to my brother and sister in laws, so practice prom makeup w/ one of my niece's. That was fun. She is hilarious! We had a great time! And, we came up with a great prom makeup look for her. She normally doesn't wear much makeup, but for prom she wants something special. I can't wait to do her makeup that day!

Tomorrow back to zumba, then just chillin w/ hubby!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

lottie63
04-30-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm super sore from exercise this week. I still need to crank out a c25k on the bike before bed. Auuuuuuugh. biggest loser cardio max level 1 crushed me.

Bike today, yoga tomorrow, cardio max after that. Seems to work well that way.

mj5
05-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Good Morning! It is supposed to be beautiful again today! YEA!!! Gotta love the sunshine!

lottie--how are you feeling? I was sore yesterday, but I was able to get a good stretch at zumba.

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing?

I have to get some kind of ring guard or something...yesterday I noticed that my wedding rings are SO loose. I'll stop by the jewelry store this week and see what they have.

Today is zumba, then chilling with the hubby and dogs. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

lottie63
05-01-2011, 10:37 AM
did someoen make a may thread and I didn't see it? I Dn't want to make one and then there will be two...?

jab91864
05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Very windy here, but a gorgeous day all in all. Got some garden work done and have a little color from being outside most of the day. Felt great!!

noussa
05-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi There, looks like this an amazing and supportive group! Would love to join!
Here's to Motivating and being Motivated! Cheers! :)

mikeysmommy
05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Noussa - WELCOME! :carrot: There is a new thread for May. See ya over there!

noussa
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks so much! Could really use the motivation.... Just had to change 4 times before going out because NOTHING FITS!!! (and not in a good way!)Grrrrrr! :)