Overeaters Anonymous - food plan-do you count calories? how many?

amyla
04-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi. Do people count calories in your food plan? If so, how many do you use a day? This is all really new to me.

Also, what times of day do you eat 3x and then snack? I am used to grazing most days and know that lunch to dinner can be a stretch. Thanks again-

bitkit
04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Amyla,

I'm following a food plan whose calories I choose not to count.

It's more of an exchanges type diet.

There are lots of them available on the web.

Since I'm a lifelong calorie counter and it's given me nothing but misery (constant thinking, trickery, etc.) I'm trying this instead.

Hope you're doing all right.

Cat

amyla
04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. I am doing well so far but I am in the beginning and in the "sick and tired of feeling sick and tired" phase. I

I have been hungry the last 3 days-something I am not used to. It does feel good though at the end of the day to not feel the heartburn or reflux and know I was doing something good for my body and self.

I am excited because I just found out I will meet my sponser at Tues nights meeting. Also, I went to Trader Joes and they were really helpful in my finding foods without added sugar-cant believe how many things have it as ingrediant #1 or 2. No wonder I was craving it constantly:dizzy: