Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Default Curved bottom shoes...hip pain anyone?

I had been wearing some of those curved bottom shaper shoes to walk on my treadmill ever morning. After a few weeks I developed constant pain in in the the upper sides of my hips when ever I would walk. I never made a connection between those shoes and the pain until I was sick a few days ago and missed 2 days of my treadmill. The pain was much less intense,so I switched to regular shoes for the last 2 days and the pain is nearly gone.
I've heard of some foot problems developing because of the curved shoes, but never hips. I tried searching on line and couldn't find anything about hip pain due to those type of shoes. Anyone ever heard of this?
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I bought two pairs of the Skecher ones more than a year ago. I wear one pair to walk, walk, walk ffor exrecise, and use the other pair as casual wear, for most of my day. I LOVE THEM!!! I feel so energetic when I have them on. I don't use them most of the day.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote