Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Stupid TOM

I have barely been able to move all day long because the cramps have been so bad and my lower back is killing me. I'm also craving CiCis and fighting very hard not to go. I have no problem fighting cravings when it's not TOM, but right now I am having serious issues. I didn't used to get cravings during TOM, but the weight loss has made my cycle more normal and now I do. If this is what it's like I'm not sure I want a normal cycle. How do you deal with this?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #2  

I hear you, I found getting busy when I knew it was hormonal cravings. I found if i was super busy the time went quickly and by the next day I was feeling quite normal. I too get a lot of pain and cramping, always have, I use basic pain killers, neurophen or panadole.

A couple nights ago I had pms issues (I get a burst of anger for about 2 hrs the exact week before my TOM), and I shoved a few pieces of sugar free gum in my mouth and desperately held off a binge by the skin of my teeth.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm fighting the same thing right now, my cravings (and self control) get out of control during my TOM. This time around I am retaining so much water its driving me crazy! The first 3 days seem to be the worst for me, I try tea or gum to help control them, sometimes I just give in, but just a little bit, it keeps the beast at bay lol
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #4  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have PCOS and it comes with its own issues, but it has apparently been protecting me from some of the normal issues women face. I have never had this constant cramping and lower back pain. Until the last couple months I had never in my life had TOM cause a craving. I even told my hubby that I thought his daughter used it as an excuse to eat candy. I feel bad for saying that now and am glad I didn't say it to her. I managed to not go to CiCis last night, but that was seriously hard!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote