WW Clubs and Groups - #253 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Should!

Itryharder
03-31-2011, 07:00 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

terrod99
04-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey All I'm Keepin on some days not doing what I should!!!

Why is it we know what we should do but we don't do it!!! That's where the keepin on comes in, we have to keep at it!

Off work today going to the Y as sson as I take son to school. Then chores, clean the car, shopping stuff. It is my wedding anniversary (April 4- 19 years) so we are going away for the night Saturday, guess he is going to make up for the 7 day a week work schedule, and take a couple of days off.

Will try to be good! I haven't even weighed in this week, I like going Wed when our leader is there, we have a centre open Mon-Fri but I don't like the women that works there she always says weird things that are not supportive and I usually leave angry!!!! The week my back was sore I mentioned that and that I didn't exercise as much, she said "well at least you couldn't get off the couch and go to the fridge"! Just strange!

So TGIF and have a great weekend, walking and water is going to be my moto!!!

Terri

Princess1122
04-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone! Went to my W/I and meeting last night, was up .2 - not as bad as I thought so will take it and get my butt in gear. Have my lunch packed along with my breakfast, will have something light for supper tonight as it is our house cleaning and chores around the house night... maybe just do some subway sandwiches, they have a couple that are pretty low points and would make my evening easier.

This has just been a rotten stressful week and I am happy to see it go, I think that next week is going to be about the same but will just chug threw it. My mom is coming down tomorrow and spending the week with us since my brother and his family are going away for spring break and she does not want to stay up there alone. Will just pray for the best, it is all I can do.

I have to run but good luck to everyone and have a great weekend!

Itryharder
04-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Terri, it's too bad the WW person who weighed you in didn't keep quiet----honestly saying nothing about your bad back would have been a lot better than what she said. Yeah, the keepin' on is the tricky part. Congrats on your wedding anniversary! That's great news. :cheers: :balloons: Have a nice weekend.

Princess, I think with all you're going through that you had a :goodscale: Walking the stairs must be burning off more calories than you suspected. Weigh to go. You know, I've had years where I wanted them to be crossed off, so I know what you mean about your last week. Here's :goodvibes: that your mom's visit turns out better than expected.
We're all pulling for you!

Today will be a busy day. My dh and I are going out and buying some sale items at two grocery stores. He loves Snapple and it's been full price for weeks now. We'll stock up. Also, my dd loves to make brownies for her son's playdates, etc. and their price has skyrocketed along with lots of food. I saw a store that has them on sale, so I'll pick up some for her too.

Tonight we're going to see The Mousetrap by Agatha Christie. It's an oldie, but a goodie. We've seen it before, but this production is right in town----easy to get to----so I hope we don't get snow. Still too cold to do any real gardening, but it's got to warm up soon.

Have a great weekend. I'm thinking of all of you. Chime in when you get a chance.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner! :cool:

Itryharder
04-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm having a pretty good weekend. WEather is finally warming up.

Here's :cheer: to everyone. Chime in when you can.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
04-03-2011, 03:55 PM
So today was weigh in day. I have no clue how I gained almost 3# in a week. That is just crazy. So I am just a little upset. So not a good day but the weather is pretty here.

Princess1122
04-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... we are having rough weather here with bad storms blowing thru... warmer temps though so that is a positive.

Weekend was not so good with food, I really need to work on that and did not get much exercise in but we sure enjoyed being with the baby on Saturday! LOL - he is such a joy to be around.

Work should not be as stressful this week so that is a good thing, I am taking some time off to do a few things with my mom since she is in town and then I will take her back up north on Friday.

I hope that everyone has a good day!

Life: I have gained that and more... Very sorry for your gain, I know how it makes us feel to see those kinds of numbers and it is never fun.

Judy: Glad you had a good weekend!

Bandit: How are you doing?

Loopy: How are things with you?

Terri: Did you have a good weekend?

Nancy: Try any new recipes lately?

Cherry: What is new with you? Did you get moved?

bandit2
04-04-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi turtles:

Rainy day but warming up. Had my weigh in Thurs evening & turtled,
I was alittle disappointed since I thought I would be down abit.
Anyway, it is what it is.

Was busy over weekend, went to dance Fri with my gf and dinner was included which was chicken breast, so that was OK & danced lots, so got in some exercise as well. But hen Sat evening had a date & dinner beforehand then to the movies, but didn't have popcorn since I was too full from dinner.
So I think between eating more when out & not exercising that is why the scale has not gone down. So have to work on that.

Tonight, am definately going for my walk - have my stuff all packed & will go as soon as I get home. And tomorrow have already make plans to do hot yoga with my gf. So that is my goal this week - stay on track and get in
somer exercise.

Princess - that is such a tiny gain, they should not even mentioned it.
Am sure you will have a big loss next time.

Life - good luck this week.

Judy - sounds like you are staying on plan, so that is great.

All - lets have a great week!

life4evr
04-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Yeah yesterday was one of those days. I feel better today. Even went to the gym. I ran into someone I knew from nursing school and had aa good conversation with her. So thanks everyone for the encouragement.

terrod99
04-05-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey All Busy here.

Good weekend tried not ot overdo it! Did a bit I'm sure, so moving on,,was at the gym for 6 am Monday, overate yesterday!!! why !!!! why do I keep doing this, always get around the 8-10 lb loss and then blow it!!!!! Not this time......
Went to see a coworker yesterday she has lost 60 lbs, started WW last July, she is OCD, about her eating, basically has nothing!!! I can't live like that. I wish I could for a while to lose, anyway we are going to go for some walks, and chat. Need to get back to the basics, tracking!!! fruits veggies, I am going to look back to my trackers from the first weeks.

Life I didn't even go to Weigh in last week. was afraid, will go t omy regular Wed night this week.
We are all having challenges we must stick to gether we can do this together!!!! Women can do anything we set our minds to so lets do it! We will not give up, or in !!!!

Today goals (thinking one day at a time might be good )

Water
Track
exercise ( short walk at lunch weather permitting, then Y tonight)
Check in Wed to report on above.

Have a great day gals
Terri

Itryharder
04-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Hi Turtles,
Okay-----we're hitting a tough patch. I like Terri's idea of a goal a day.
My eating has been pretty decent, but not my exercise. The scale hasn't budged and I hate throwing away another week. Tomorrow is WI and I'll be there to say hi to friends, listen to the leader, and get in my exercise.
Today: :tread: I think that could just make the difference!

Good luck and :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to us all.
Judy
234.6/190.6/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
04-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Morning, turtles:

Terri has the right idea about focussing one day at a time & I think if we all
just get through the day eating right & some type of exercise, that is a real
good start. So easy to get sidetracked but hard to get back at it.

I had a great day yesterday, ate OP and got in a 2 mile walk. Was trying for 3 but got a pain in my groin so just did 2 - have no idea what happened there, but is OK now. Was suppose to do hot yoga tonight but my friend cancelled so planning on doing another walk/swim.

Life/Terri - nice job on getting to the gym, that is half the battle just getting there, so good for you!

Judy - hope you get motivated and get in your exercise. That really helps.

All - we know this is tough but being on track & exercising just makes us feel and look so much better. As always, I have no idea why we can't keep with it when we know this. I self sabotage myself all the time & I know there are temptations but the ultimate decision to give in is mine. So I have to
"just do it"

Good luck, everyone!

Princess1122
04-05-2011, 12:58 PM
One day at a time works for me! It is about all I can handle right now... this week is going as I thought it would... high anxiety and very high stress, trying to remain calm and not over eat because that makes me feel way worse...

Today:
Stay within my points
Drink my water
Get in my fruits and veggies

I have to run... crazy day.

life4evr
04-05-2011, 02:54 PM
The one day at a time sounds good to me. I am so there right now. Well I have to get a physical tomorrow :(. Did I mention how much I hate going to the doctor. Always harassing me about my weight.

So I have realized that I have forgotten why I was trying to loose weight in the first place. I have became why to vain about the whole weight loss thing. I started because I didn't like where my BP was heading. I don't know my eating is okay so far. I work again from 3-11p so I am going to take a sandwhich and pack some fruit.

I am having a hard time meeting all of my points. If i actually sit out and plan my meals. I am not a big meat eater. And on good days most of my veggies are steamed.

On a good note. I have cut down my diet soda intake. I have gotten plenty of water today. No gym but I will definitely make it tomorrow.

terrod99
04-06-2011, 08:19 AM
New Turtle Moto One Day at a Time!

Wed weigh in, I'm afraid! I will get on the scale at work it is pretty close to the WW scale, Whatever happens will have to move on.

Life- I'm with you starting to worry about my health, not getting any younger blood pressure heading up, + family history they are all on BP meds Sis included (she is 2 years older than me).

Judy, Bandit,Princess,Life- Back to the basics, one day at a time, water, exercise, OP eating, reporting in, we can do it!

Me for Tuesday- 15 min walk at lunch
Eating good! 2 eggs, salad with chicken, crackers, skinny cow cheese., yogurt fruit, spaghetti squash, meat sauce, whole wheat bun,
Bad- Didnot track, not enough water, will track today for Tues and today.

Okay on to Wed!!!
I added a mini goal to be under 190!
Terri

Princess1122
04-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Good morning all and happy Wendesday to you all!

Not a very pretty day here today and they are calling for lots of rain over the the next few days and all weekend. Things are chugging along here, not much else is new.

I ate over my points yesterday, did take the steps but only worked for a half a day so am trying to get in extra trips up and down today. W/I tomorrow, not expecting much but would be happy with not having a gain at this point. Come Saturday the stress will be lower for me and I will focus on just holding my own until then.

Have a great day all!

bandit2
04-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone

Sunny but cool up here but calling for rain later. Had a good day yesterday
and stayed on track but didn't get in my walk. But I did prepare a chicken and rice dish for tonight. Brought my yoga stuff & will go directly there from work,
so won't get sidetracked.

Princess - good luck tomorrow. My weigh in is Thurs as well and since I stayed same last week, hopefully will show abit of a weigh loss this week.

All - hope everyone is staying on track!

Itryharder
04-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm back from my meeting with a gain. Ugh. I had a good week as far as food, and I'm hoping that the high volume of veggies I had yesterday account for most of this gain. I had a good chance to get into the 180's this week, and that is removed once more. Ugh.

For all of us having a tough time because of circumstances, :goodvibes: to get through them. For all of us having a tough time, period, :grouphug:
to all of us. We can do this. I know I have to shake up what I'm doing. Luckily the weather is sunny and dh and I are heading to the boardwalk.
What I have to promise is that if we can't make the boardwalk, that I'll get on the :tread:

I'm running out the door as usual, but I read all your posts carefully and you're all in my heart. :love:

Judy
234.6/192/180's :cool:

terrod99
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Thursday Fly By!

Weigh in up a pound, not suprised thought it would be more,

Wed- reporting
Not enough water -
25 min walk at lunch +
went to WW meeting+
Frozen thin crust pizza for dinner ate too much- good eating the rest of the day+
Went to Y this am 40 min cardio+
I so want to get into the 180's we can do it!!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
04-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. I have my W/I and meeting tonight, the scale says I am up but I am not going to worry about it... Friday starts a new week for me and Saturday the stress level will be lower...

Hope that everyone has a great weekend, I will have limited access to get online due to travel but will get on when I can over the weekend.

Have a great day all!

bandit2
04-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy/Terri/Princess - we are all struggling, so lets just do our best and get
in some exercise & get our butts to our meetings.

Did my hot yoga last night and felt so good afterwards. There are times
during the session that I think I might no get through the 90 minutes, but
so far I have. Even though it is late having dinner, I had my chicken/rice
dish all prepared so that helped not to just open fridge and start devouring
everything in sight. I was soooooooooo hungry when I got home, next time
I will bring alittle snack to tide me over but nothing too heavy, since I think it would just make me feel sick during workout.

Anyway, started off super foggy but now sunny, which always makes me feel good.

Weigh in tonight so hoping that is OK

Recently I have been eating Greek yogurt which I love. I just buy plain and
added vanilla protein powder to it and is good breakfast & great way to get
in protein. Since I have increased my protein, I feel so much better and stay
full longer.

Anyway, have a good day & lets keep our "one day at a time" thing going!

terrod99
04-08-2011, 08:16 AM
TGIF

Off work again today, not feeling to enegetic, have a cold. Not suprised I work in a family doctors office! it is amazing that I rarely get sick.

Thursday pretty good day
Y am 40 minutes cardio+
lunch 25 min walk with the girls+
eating well +
not enough water-
did not track-
Bandit I eat 2 eggs for breakfast (thats all) and I feel full until lunch sometimes I have a banana mid morning if I have time. I think the protein is very important, I know if I have oatmeal I am starving by 10:30.

Judy/Princess/Bandit we are all going to use the power of positive thinking and move that scale down, think thin!!!! and we will be! it is going to happen, one day at a time.

Terri

Itryharder
04-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Think Thin!!!!!! I like that. Okay, we can do this. This morning's scale was more favorable. Yay. Tonight going to friend's house for dinner. Will do my best.

:goodvibes: to all of us
Aunt Loopy-----where are you? I miss you.
Judy

life4evr
04-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Happy Friday. Thank goodness it is the weekend. So today has been so so. I had Chic Fil A for lunch the nuggets got me. I had to go fill in for a client so I had nuggets for lunch and one of their Char grilled salads for dinner it was okay.It was suppose to be the fruit but they gave me the wrong one. So my eating hasn't been so bad.

I haven't made it back to the gym yet, but I did get a work out today at my client's house. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Sunday is weigh in for me so time will tell for that one.

bandit2
04-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Happy weekend, turtles:

Beautiful up here today, was just out feeding my outdoor pets and it is a
really nice day.

Was down 1# at my Thurs weigh in, so was happy with that. Next week
is our awards night & we are ordering in Swiss Chalet so that will be a fun night. One of the ladies that joined last Oct has lost 60# & that is
truly awesome - everyone keeps asking what she is doing and she says just watching portions and has "over indulgent meal" each week.

Terri - hope you feel better soon. Love the "think thin" !

Judy - glad to hear your scale is cooperating.

Life - good luck tomorrow at your weigh in.

Went to movies last night & seen Source Code and found that hard to follow.
But did not have popcorn since had dinner beforehand, so that was an
accomplishment for me.

Off dancing with my girlfriends tonight, so looking foward to that.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Itryharder
04-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, have fun dancing tonight!!!! :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheers: :cheer: :idea: :chef:
Weigh to go in losing another pound. That's great. Keep up the good work.
It doesn't take turning around too much to get back on track. Glad you're doing it.

Terri, posting here is a good idea because even when we're not perfect, keeping in touch with each other helps us to remember what it is we want.
:cheers: for your positive attitude!!

Life4evr, your eating sounded fine. Keep on posting. We'll all get to goal!!

I have had a very odd weekend. Friday morning my weight was down a bit on the scale. Friday night I went to a friend's house with dh for dinner. She had fattening foods and I did okay, but not great. Odd----my hives seemed to be getting better. Today I had only a few hives, so I declined going to a party where there were hive-activating things in the environment and I've stayed home. My eating could have been better, but I am resting and praying that these hives go away. It's almost a year now, and it's very very old. Please send :goodvibes: my way. If I can finally knock out the hives, get to :tread: and eat well, I'll be on my way to goal. Right now I think I'm listening to too many experts. Now the ones who know are knocking ff dairy and encouraging people to eat full fat again----no processing. They say you stay full longer and eat less. I've never found that to be true. WW's isn't really working all that well for me right now, but to be fair I'd have to follow it exactly and see if that makes a difference.

You all take care, be well and happy and I'll keep on thinking :idea: about this stuff. I know I'll figure it out someday.

Princess, sigh and relax. Week's done!! :grouphug:
Judy
234.6/191.2/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. So today was weigh in I lost 0.6#. So I am happy and this even included having pizza Saturday night. I have fallen in love with the veggie lovers from pizza hut.

So I am trying to make a gameplan for next week. i have a wierd work schedule which I am growing tired of. So I am trying to stay sane until my other vacation at the end of this month. Hope everyone has a good weekend and a lovely Monday.

terrod99
04-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Hey All Happy Monday

Feeling a bit better, woke up with a sore neck, didn't go to bed with this. So trying to suck it up! Went to the Y this am for 40 min cardio, didn't work too hard but any is better than none right?

Made choc chip cookies with son yesterday! bad idea. oh well, I'm getting the exercise thing down maybe the eating will fall into place one day!

Judy sending "go away hives" vibes your way.
Judy/Life/Bandit and Princess keep on keepin on and we will win this battle!

Thinking Thin!
Terri

Itryharder
04-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Life4evr, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :chef: :idea: :cheers:
Weigh to go on your weight loss! Proof that even when things in our lives aren't going exactly the way we want, we can perservere like the turtle in the race and get to our goals. Good for you, Life4evr.

Terri, thanks for the good vibes. Hives are fading and I'm hopeful. They aren't gone yet, but it feels like they are going away.
Good reminder that we'll win this battle. Today will be an excellent day for me. I promise that to myself.

We go, gals@@!!!!!!
Judy

Princess1122
04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Monday to you all! We are having some cruddy weather here today, it was not too bad over the weekend but not great either... Spring in the mid-west is an ever changing thing! The weekend is over, got some nice time in with DH and some alone time and I really needed that.

Went to W/I on Thursday and it was the first week that I was the acting secretary so that was different for me... I was prepared for a gain, had my mind set that it was ok - move on and get over it... turns out I was down .8 so I was very pleased about that! Food over the weekend was not great and I did not get in any exercise but over all it could have been way worse!

Judy: Really hoping, praying and wishing that you see those hives go away here really soon! Take care of you!

Bandit: Huge congrats on your loss and thanks for the movie tip, I like to go and see a movie once in a while but hate paying such a high price to see a bad movie or one that you would have been better off waiting until it came out on rental.

Life: Congtats on the .6 - I will have to try the veggie lovers!

Terri: Yep, the cookie baking gets me every time... LOL - hope your neck feels better!

Loopy, Nancy, Cherry: How are you guys doing? Chime in when you can!

bandit2
04-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi turtle:

Life/Princess - nice job on your weight loss!

So weekend was pretty good & I did OK with my food choices. Last night
got in a 3 mile walk and off to yoga tonight (brought all my stuff with me, so
no excuses, will go directly after work) For dinner tonight, I have salmon
all cooked & just have to make salad. So off to a good start this week.

We all know planning ahead is key, so that is my goal this week, to keep ahead of things.

Judy - hope those hives are gone. You said WW hasn't been working that great for you lately - I think our bodies just keeping adjusting to things, so we have to keep shocking it abit for best results.

Terri - hope you didn't eat too many cookies.

All - lets have a great week!

Itryharder
04-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Princess and Bandit,
Thanks for the good wishes on my hives. So far, so good. I still have a few hives, but the overall feeling of itchiness under all my skin is going away. So thanks!!!!

Princess, :goodscale: isn't it wonderful when we lose and don't expect to?
I think it shows how much you've learned with WW's that you thought you overate, and yet it wasn't enough to gain-----but instead you lost weight.
:balloons: and :grouphug: Keep up the good work.

Bandit, enjoy the :strong: and keep on keepin' on. You're doing great too.

I'm doing the best I can.
Judy

life4evr
04-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi everyone. My day was so so. I was feeling really sluggish and drained. Didn't eat breakfast this morning so that definitely messed me up. Eating has been so so. Could have been better.

Princess congrats on the loss.

Itryharder I hope you get over your hives soon. I don't get hives but I have bouts with my ezcema, so non stop itching.

Okay well just a quick check in. Everyone have a goodnight.

terrod99
04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Hey All here's hoping Tuesday is a Great Day!!!

Feeling a lot better today, the sun is sort of shining here! Monday was not so bad 40 min cardio, eating pretty good, not enough water, I think I have a big jug I should dig it out and fill it in the am leave it on my desk. Then I will be sure to drink more, I think of it but am usually too busy to go get a glass.

Sounds like everyone is on the right track these last couple of days, whoever said we have to "persevere" (was on pg 2 if I look back I'll lose my post!) was right, we just have to keep at it. We can not quit! We have to move forward keep using the skills we are learning, and we will suceed it is not going to happen over night or be easy!!!!!! But if we "keep on keepin on" we will win this battle.

So today for me

Water big jug on desk drinking lots
Y tonight for aquafit
Already made a big salad for lunch.
Not quitting keep moving forward toward goal!!!!!

Terri--- update just got he big jug out and put it in my lunch bag!!!!

Princess1122
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! Sunny but chilly day here today. DH has to work late tonight so I may try and get to an aquafit class... will see how the day goes. The dogs need to get out and get a walk in so maybe I will do that either instead or in addition to the gym.

My goals today are to get in as many trips up and down the steps as I can. Stay within my points.
Drink my water.
Make it out for a walk or to the gym.

Have a great day all!

Princess1122
04-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Wednesday to you all! Cool and clear here today which is a very wonderful thing! We had nice weather last evening too so I got the dogs out into the yard to help me with some gardening and then grabbed the leashes and took them to the park for a quick once around. Not great but a huge improvement to going home and basically sitting in front of the tv. I have knitting class tonight which is one of my favorite nights of the workweek... I usually go and meet a couple of gals at Chick-fil-a before hand and we have something to eat and then head over to class...

The nice weather is supposed to hold until Friday morning so I think that my cold weather starter plants are big enough to put in the ground so will take the chance and put them in tomorrow after work. The plants that we started from seed outside are all doing really well, I am surprised... LOL. The peas are coming up and the lettuce, spinach and kale all seem to be coming along, none of them are very big yet but the rain and cold weather sure don't seem to be bothering them. The plants that I started from seed inside are blooming pretty quickly so the cold weather ones need to get moved outside to the main garden and the warm weather ones to bigger pots.

I have a fiber festival to go to this weekend... it is in Greencastle, Indiana and about an hour away from where I live but the drive will be nice and I am eager to go and look around and spend some money on some really nice wool yarn... it has become my passion LOL.

Well that is about all for me right now... hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.

Has anyone tried any new recipes or dishes lately? I am getting stuck in a rut again with meals but with the warmer weather coming am looking forward to getting the grill out, cleaned and a fresh tank of gas hooked up!

CherryAutumn
04-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry I have been MIA lately ladies. For some reason, maybe the heat we have had i am gaining weight. It is kind of getting me down. I am always so worn out and hurt so much that i am really uping the effort. I want to feel better. I am only 27 I should not feel like this.:o The past two days i have made the time to try some zumba routines. Not a whole lot but enough to get moving and get my heart pumping.:carrot: Just thought i would stop in and say hello.

Itryharder
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Cherry, glad you stopped in to say hi. It's always good hearing from you. :carrot: Keep up the good work with moving about!

Bandit, glad you got more exercise in again. Weigh to go! :strong: always pays off.

Princess, so glad you are loving your knitting classes. It's good to be involved with something you love. :love: The fabric fair sounds so cool.

Today I had a 1.4# weight gain. When the hives started going away, I got unraveled and craved all sorts of food which I ate. ANd the scale went down! That shows that the inflammation from the hives has been holding me back. The hives returned, but now I'm ready for them to go away completely. That will be good and as they go away, I'll keep on my WW program with tracking, etc. One project I started that has been bugging me. LOL. I had a bunch of Christmas fabric that I wanted to make aprons from and so yesterday and the day before I started with a vengeance and made 8. I've got some hand sewing to do on four of them, but I'm feeling proud that I tackled this. Here's two new recipes:

Braciole
8braciole rolls, about 5oz. each
3T EVVO
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
35oz. can plum tomatoes
1/2c. dry red wine
3T tomato paste
2bay leaves
water as needed
salt
crushed hot pepper flakes

In heavy pot, heat EVOO over med. heat. Stir in onions and garlic and cook about 5 min. Add as many of the braciole as will fit in a singe layer and cook, turning the braciole as necessary, until browned on all sides, about 7 min. Lower heat. Pour wine into pot, bring to boil and cook until most of the wine has evaporatead. Stir in the tomatoes (crushed) and bring to boil. Add tomato paste and bay leaves and stir till paste is dissolved. Season lightly with salt and crushed red pepper. Bring to simmer and cook, adding water as needed to keep braciole completely submerged, until beef is tender--about 3 hours.

This can be made up to 2 days in advance then reheat3ed over low heat.

One braciole is 7 points plus per serving.

My WW leader made this and served it with yolk-free noodles, asparagus and a salad.

Here's a great very low point plus dessert:

STRAWBERRY DELIGHT
4 cups thinly sliced strawberries
2 cups water
1 small box sugar-free cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 small box sf strawberry Jell-o

Mix water and pudding in large bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes and whisk to remove and lumps. Then microwave 3 minutes more. Add dry Jell0 and mix well. Set aside. Put sliced berries in pie plate and pour mix over them . Refrigerate until firm. Zero points plus value-----
(CAution from me-------I bet if you recipe build this it will have points plus---the reason I included it is it sounds pretty good and we're always looking for something different.)

Okay----I've used up much too much space. Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/193.4/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
04-13-2011, 09:03 PM
@Cherry aww hugs to you. It will get better. Trust me I know I am 28 and I have the feelings you are having some times.

So Sonics killed me the Chicken club toaster was 20 pts, which was pretty shocking to me. Which is what I had for lunch. I don't know why I was so shocked. So I finally made it to Zumba today. It wasn't that bad. I will definitely go back. I am feeling it a little bit in my legs though. Nothing much planned for tonight. I am suppose to have a CPR class tomorrow. But after I signed up the place never sent me my info or returned any phone calls so that has me a little ugh. Hmm that is about it. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

terrod99
04-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Hey All Happy Thursday

Nice to hear from you Cherry! Just take baby steps and keep at it okay! That all we can do, don't give up!

Still have some sinus trouble, but I am keepin at it! Slowly, 40 min cardio Wed, still need more water, did well with it Tues, will do better today, eating pretty good.

Princess your weather must be great, we don't put anything in the ground here before May 24th weekend! Even that weekend has been known to be cold. They are calling snow flurries this weekend!

Life/Judy/Bandit Have a great day only 2 more work days til the weekend!!! Hope all is going well!!!

Terri

Princess1122
04-14-2011, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Cool and clear again here today. I have my meeting and W/I tonight, made some huge mistakes in eating this week and I am sure that it will show but will keep at it. I really need to just stop buying the crap even if DH asks for it... LOL, I am just too weak to stay away from it once it comes into the house.

Terri: Yeah, our frost date here is May 15th so that is when the warm weather plants can go in by (Tomotoes, peppers, cucumbers, etc) and we have those started in trays in the house but the cold weather plants like lettuces and peas, Broc and Cauliflower are able to handle the cold weather and soft freezes - this is our first year trying the cold weather plants so we are just learning as we go... LOL. I think we have to "Harden" the inside plants first though so they may not make it into the actual garden tonight... will see how it goes. We have a chance of flurries this weekend too... UGH.

Judy: I sure wish those hives would go away once and for all for you! You are doing really well though so keep your chin up and a huge congrats on the sewing project, that is awesome! I finished another blanket for the grandbaby last night and am trying to finish up a couple of other things that I have started before I start a really difficult knitting pattern... should be interesting, my teacher says I can do it so we will give it a shot!

Bandit: How has your week gone so far? Anything planned for the weekend? I am reading the book "The 19th Wife" it took a few pages or so before I really got into it but now I am really enjoying it... it would make a good summer read if you want to add it to your list.

Life: The eating out gets me every single time! I try to avoid it but can not always do that but I seem to pay for it no matter what choices I make but I still keep trying... LOL.

Cherry: So glad to see you back posting! Keep chugging along and you will see it click eventually... are you still following WW or have you tried something else?

I have to run but have a great day all!

bandit2
04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi turtles:

Glad you are all doing well and chiming in when you can.

Cherry - nice to see you back with us.

Judy - you'll knock that gain off in no time, gets frustrating though & hope
your hives are gone soon.

Princess - cool with the knitting, nice to have some hobbies.

Terri - I also heard on news this a.m. we might get some snow this weekend.
Really - enough is enough! My gf is coming back from Florida and is not
impressed with the forecast, oh well - hopefully the nice weather will be here soon.

I have exercised lots this week & have totally stayed on programme & my
scale has not budged, so that is not good. Tonight we have our weigh in & then it is Awards Night, so we will be having Swiss Chalet for our dinner.
We get 2 food functions per year, so tonight is one & then our Christmas dinner. Today at work we are having a celebration for one of the girls who is having a baby soon, so there will be cake later & one of the other ladies is bringing fruit/cheese plate. So today will be a food day - always something going on to challenge us.

So lets all do what we can, when we can!

Princess1122
04-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Bandit: Good luck tonight at W/I - I'll bet you have a loss when you get on the TOPS scale... maybe like what happened to me last week... Great job on a great week though no matter what happens on the scale!

CherryAutumn
04-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Terri - Our family has been fighting the sinus stuff for months. My little girl has had bronchitis and my boys had ear infections and i have had terrible sinus infections that just hold on.

Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I worry about my heart health when i start to feeling bad. My husband and I both have heart conditions in our family history and i am afraid we wont be here for our kids.:( You would think that it would be the motivation I need but I have a real problem with emotional eating. Anyway i am not going to give up. I am just going to try harder to make better choices.:cool:

terrod99
04-15-2011, 08:25 AM
TGIF Turtles!!!

Another Friday off for me! Yeah !!! I am taking my mother shopping, we'll see how that goes... She is wanting to buy a new outfit, she has beeen very happy these days and like her normal old self.

Cherry I am feeling better today almost back to normal, hope you can find the strength to make better choices, just go slow small changes don't overwhelm yourself.

Bandit another sunny day today lets hope the weekend forecast is wrong!

Princess I had surgery last fall and took up reading again just hadn't made time for it for a few years other than magazines, I like to read historical romances!!! I had forgot how great it was to lose yourself and your time in a good book.

Life/Judy hope you guys are keepin at it!

I didn't go to the WW meeting this week, the girls at work are thinking we should do an at work program again, it is convenient. Things get so busy this time of year, I would rather spend my free time walking or at the gym, so will weigh myself at work Monday and report in. Did well yesterday, didn't eat the retirement cake went out for a 20 min walk at lunch, salad fruit for lunch, good dinner, needed more water but am doing better with that.

Have a great Friday gals
Terri

Princess1122
04-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! Seems like it has been a long week, longer than usual for some reason.

Went to my meeting and W/I last night... had a turtle so was not too unhappy with that... better than a gain. I did the program/lesson that they asked me to do so that is out of the way, happy that is done and over with as I am just not good at that sort of thing and will not be volunteering for that again. I am doing the secretary job so I kind of feel like that can be my share... LOL.

They are calling for seriously cruddy weather here starting around lunch time today... spring time in the midwest is so unpredictable... ugh, will have to see if it moves thru fast so that I can still make the trip to the fiber fest on Saturday. I am making a real effort to stay on track this weekend since that seems to be my hot spot right now and where I fail the most... just totally blowing it on the weekends then trying to get back on track come Monday is just not getting me where I want to go so will make that my goal for the next couple of days.

Terri: I love getting lost in a really good book... oh there is just nothing like it! Have you read the "Outlander" series by Diana Gabaldon? Historically it is a very strong series and with a wonderful love story all though out. I am on the second book in the series. Have a great time shopping!

Bandit: So how did it go at W/I last night? Anything up for the weekend?

Judy: How are you doing? What is on your agenda for the weekend?

Cherry: Hope you are doing well!

Loopy: Hope you come back to catch up with us soon!

Life: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Nancy: Hope you are doing well and get a chance to come back and catch us up soon on how you are doing.

Have to run but have a great day all!

life4evr
04-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey everyone doing a quick run through before I collapse. I lost 0.3# which isn't bad. I am emotional eater and there is alot of stuff going on in my family right now. So that has me on the edge. If I eat I am trying to track it no matter what it is. Thats about all for now.

terrod99
04-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Happy Monday! Short work week!

Hope all had a good weekend, shopping Friday, Saturday, Sunday relaxing at home, made buttertarts!! Big mistake! Enough said, back on track today, going to auqafit with friend tonight.

Hope everyone stays on track today!

Terri

Princess1122
04-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Good morning all and happy Monday! They are calling for a ton of rain this week which is never a good thing for us... will just have to keep our eye to the sky and hope for the best.

I did not do very good on my goal to watch my eating over the weekend... ugh, will keep trying though! Going to cycle class with D-DIL after work today so that should help a bit.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
04-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Turtles,
My dh and I were able to get away to Atlantic City and we had a really good time. Eating there was fine.

When we came back home we found that our dear nephew who has been in and out of the hospital since January passed away. We had countless family drama to deal with-----and in so doing my emotional eating hit a new high.
My hives are still here. I loved this nephew and will miss him, but the intertwinings of family when involved in grief got to be a bit much for me. It's my dh's side of the family and they are complicated to say the least.

Yesterday I was determined to do well with food-----and until we needed to join everyone for dinner I did better than fine. Today is a new day. Really busy-----I'll chime in whenever I can.

Just know I'm sending :cheer: and :bravo: and :carrot: and :dancer: to everyone!!! Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
234.6/????/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
04-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Judy: Very sorry to hear about your stress and sorrow... I sure hope that it gets better for you very soon! Take care of you!

bandit2
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi turtles:

Been very busy last few days. At my weigh in I was up 1# so was not
happy about that at all. I got in lots of exercise and actually ate below my points for most of the week. Oh well, just goes to show you never know
what will happen at the scales, but we did have a fun Award Night.
I received a plaque for most 6 weeks no gains, so that was nice.

My girlfriend arrived from Florida & will stay with me until weather is warm enough at her trailer park for her to stay there. So probably a coupld of weeks.

Weather has been cold/snowey/rainey and will be nice when it warms up.

So very busy over weekend with company, dinner date & ladies potluck on Sunday. So too much eating once again.

Hope you all do well this week.

bandit2
04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Judy - so sorry to hear about your familys loss. You take care of yourself
Awful when these things happen & really takes a toll on everyone.

terrod99
04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Hey All

Judy sorry for the loss of your nephew, hope things get easier over the next few days.

Bandit/Princess/Life- everyone! I feel like I am losing the battle, I am determined to win, but am just floundering, still have a head cold it got better and is now worse again! Eating has been awful, I did go to aquafit last night, have a date with a girlfriend to go again tonight, but I just feel like I lost total control of my eating, I always do this lose a bit start to feel it and then bounce up and down and give up. I don't want to give up! But what do I do too keep losing weight I have no self control, I need to go back to basics tracking every thing I guess, keep at it.

Sorry for the poor me when there are more important things going on in the world! But I need to keep moving and I just don't know how at the moment.

Haven't even weighed myself, didn't go to Weigh in last week.........

Today is a new day will be keepin at it!

Terri

Princess1122
04-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone - super rainy here and cool, we had huge storms come thru last night and they already have warnings out about the ones that are due to hit tonight... DH and I need to get our emergency basket of stuff (flash light, candles, lighters, cell phone) down into the celler incase we need to make a run for it in the night. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is not as bad as they are saying it is going to be!

Ok - I totally hear what everyone, including myself is saying! This time of year it is almost as hard as around the winter holidays to stay on track with parties and BBQ's starting up. I am having the same issues, some really good days of eating and some really bad days...

I am seriously thinking that to get myself out of this rutt and to get jump started maybe I will try a few things - I really need to step up my exercise (went to a cycling class with DIL last night and it was great!) I am thinking of trying to flex my points with the Wendy plan since I am having good days and bad and maybe that will help. I am also looking at where I want to be when the summer gets here and also when it ends... I really don't want to be losing the same 5 lbs back and forth. So that is all part of my personal plan to get things moving for me again!

Bandit: Totally understand how frustrated you must be with the gain... I sure hope this week is kinder to you on the scale!

Terri: I feel your pain and am struggling too... Keep at it, it will click!

Judy: How are you doing today? Sure wish there was something that I could do to help you... take care of you!

Itryharder
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi Turtles,
Thanks for the kind words. It helped to write it down and get your responses.

Terri, does it help to know that everyone goes through what you're doing right now? Unless you hate tracking, try tracking again. Baby steps will get you through.

Bandit, that scale doesn't sound right which means to me that you'll probably lose more than a pound this week while you keep up your good work.

Princess, I like all your ideas on getting out of a rut. They should work.

I, for one, am going to get through today. Looks like we'll be eating out again tonight, so I have to plan for that. I like my breakfasts and the diligence I use through lunch and afternoon. My dinners (because we've been out) have been too high in calories, etc.

Here's :cheers: :bravo: :carrot: :balloons: :dancer: :dance: to all of us for not giving up, for increasing our :tread: and :strong: and doing what we know works. If losing weight were easy, no one would be overweight!!!!!
We can do this. We are doing this. We are the mighty Turtles and we know how to keep on keepin' on even when times are tricky and there are obstacles in the road. We can do this!!!!
Judy
234.6/?/180's :cool:

Itryharder
04-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi Guys,
Just a recipe that looks good. I haven't pointed it out yet, but I will. Looks yummy.

Spaghetti Squash Boats
1med.spaghetti squash 2-2 1/2#
1/4# ground beef (90%) lean
1/2cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1`/2cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2t. dried basil
1/2t. dried oregano
1/4t. salt
1/8t. pepper
1 can (14 1/2oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1/3cup shredd part-skim mozzarella cheese

Cut squash in half lenghthwise, scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. fill pan w/hot water to 1/2" deep. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30-40min. or until tender

When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork. set shells and squash aside
in a skillet, cook the beef, onion, green pepper over med. heat until meat is no longer pink. drain. add the mushrooms, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2 min. add tomatoes, cook and stir for 2 min. stir in squash.

cook uncovered until liquid has evaporated, about 10 min. fill shells; place in shallow baking dish.
bake uncovered at 350 for 15min. sprinkle with cheese, bake 5 min. longer or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 4-6 side dishes or 2 main dish servings

1cup equals 102 calories, 3gm. fat, 13g carbohydrate, 3gfiber 7g.protein

Hope you like it. It sounds good----my ww friend made it and loved it.
Judy

Itryharder
04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
the points plus for the above recipe is 3/ one cup serving.
Love,
Judy

Princess1122
04-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Morning everyone... super sleepy this morning, the storms were noisy and rain filled but flooding is not too bad in my neighborhood but the dogs were restless with the thunder so none of us slept very much... LOL. Oh well, it could be way worse!

Food was pretty good yesterday, I snacked on a couple of things that I should not have but over all the day was better for me. I ordered a Zumba DVD for our Wii system at home and it finally came in the mail so since I don't have knitting class tonight I think I will either try that or get to the gym for another cycle class... will see what works best. It is DH poker night so it is just me and the dogs for supper... thinking I am going to make some tuna salad and call it done ;)

Judy: Thanks so much for taking the time to post that recipe, I have been wanted to try spag. squash, have even bought one but it went bad before I got the nerve to try it so this will give me the opportunity to try it! Hope you are doing better... take care of you!

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? Anything new going on up your way?

Life: Just checking in to see how life is treating you these days.

Loppy: Sure hope you are doing well, we miss your posts!

Cherry: How are you doing... you live down where the tornadoes have been hitting don't you?

Terri: Whats new in your neck of the woods?

Nancy: Have not heard from you in a while... post when you can!

I think that includes all of us but I appologize if I forgot anyone! Have a great day all!
Princess

Itryharder
04-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, you're inspiring with your exercise plans. :strong: Weigh to go.

Interesting, yesterday I noticed my calendar has only one blue dot on it. that means for this entire month I only exercised once. Not good. I told my husband yesterday that I can feel my legs aren't as strong now that the weather has stopped us from the boardwalk and walking. Since I've got a :tread: right here there is no reason not to walk. Have to do that!!!!

To everybody, let's do the best we can and keep on keepin' on!
Judy
234.6/???/180's :cool:

bandit2
04-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi turtles:

Cold & rainey up here & we had a big storm during the night.
My gf is staying with me so will have company for a couple of weeks.
We got in 3 miles walking Mon night & doing hot yoga tonight.
Eating has been pretty good (she eats healthy which helps) & we have made some nice dinners already.

All - everyone is struggling & Judy you are so right about losing weight being hard but we all have done it before & can do it again. So, lets all
have a better week at the scales, journal, and get in some exercise.

Itryharder
04-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Great tips and exercise, Bandit! :idea:

I went to my meeting, but didn't weigh in. I know I'm up, but that's okay. I'm coming close to being OP and I'm tracking today.
Judy

terrod99
04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Hey All! Happy last day of the week!!! Yeah for Good Friday!
I really do love my job! But I do look forward to the down time, as it is very busy, and emotionally exhausting sometimes. Just wanted to clarify that, I seem to be always cheering the end of the week!

Any way......... doing ok eating not too bad, auquafit x 2, have my big water jug on my desk. Looks like the sun is going to shine today. Did the grocery shopping last night, figured the store would be too busy tonight. Having my family Friday for dinner and easter egg making. My sis and I make the jello pudding easter eggs every year, it is a tradition. Thank god they are way too sweet for me!!! Never really wanted to eat them.

Hope you all have a great long weekend, try to stay on plan, and get in some form of exercise! We have to just keep at it, try to stay motivated and it WILL happen!!!!!

Terri Keppin at it!!!

Princess1122
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Cold down here but the sun is shining... not for long though as they are calling for the rain to start again tonight... LOL - never ending this time of year.

The garden is water logged so not really sure how the cold weather veggies are going to turn out, will just wait and see.

I totally agree with Bandit, it is not our first rodeo so lets just do what we can and keep at it!

Have to run, super busy day here again.

Itryharder
04-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Turtles,
We're running long, so I'll see you all at thread #254, Bale of Turtles Acting Like Turtles!!
Judy