Weight Loss Support - Rock Bottom?

View Full Version : Rock Bottom?

MichelleLoses
03-31-2011, 02:55 PM
My question to you all is....when did you decide that you were going to lose the weight? Did you have a "rock bottom" moment? Was it a photo? a rude comment?

I decided I needed to lose the weight when I went on vacation to Mexico a few months ago...I felt so uncomfortable in my bathing suit and felt horrible looking at myself in the summer outfits...I knew I needed to do something before summer because I would be miserable if I didnt. Hope to hear from you!

tanstaafl
03-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Oh, I'm sorry you felt bad about yourself. I hope you still had a fun vacation anyway! You can do whatever you set your mind to doing, and I know you'll be able to conquer the negative feelings you have about yourself. The thing with me is that I have "started over" many times. I've had lots of rock bottoms (hits rock bottom and is starting to dig - ha ha ha). But I never feel like giving up or that I am a loser or anything. The thing is we are all precious and worth working on. We need a daily pep talk, or daily prayer if you are a person of faith. I find that prayer helps me if I'm having trouble controlling my appetite or desire for fattening (yummy but marginally nutritious) food.

Remember that you are worth the effort!:)

MichelleLoses
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words....I still had fun on my vacation but it was on my mind the WHOLE time. I felt awful and hated looking in the mirror. It definitly put a damper on it but I tried not to let it bother me too much. I just knew that as soon as I got home....it was ON!

KiltedHeather
03-31-2011, 03:06 PM
I think for me it was when I had trouble getting off the couch, and couldn't figure out why....then my daughter asked me to walk around the block with her and I thought I was going to pass out....and I thought....omg, I cant do this anymore!!!
I am just starting out on my journey, and I have a really long long way to go...but reading the success stories and seeing the before and after photos, and talking to the people on this forum are really motivating me to "do it this time!"

fatferretfanatic
03-31-2011, 03:49 PM
For me, it's mostly been not being the person I want to be, the best version of me-I wasn't even striving for it! And I felt bad about that. My ideal me exercises as well as pursues knowledge; My inner me is vivacious and outgoing and I feel that my self image prevents me from being that girl-so eventually, I had to get off my rump and try-trying has turned into doing and just as I have been,you will be amazed at your own progress.

I do understand what you mean though about vacation-I went on a study abroad to Greece, and we were on so many beaches. I went on the beach anyway, but I really wanted to be able to really strut my stuff. I had a ton of fun though-and I am glad that you got to go to Mexico-I've been there and it is beautiful! Next time I go abroad, I want to be able to really let loose, and I know what you mean! Good luck! You'll do amazingly

ShanIAm
03-31-2011, 03:50 PM
My rock bottom consisted of many, many stones. My perfect storm came to a head in January.

1) I wasn’t sleeping well anymore because it became such an effort to roll over and I woke myself up.
2) I met two guys over a period of 3 weeks who clearly told me they were just looking for a physical relationship. My guy friend told me it was probably because I was overweight and a-hole guys will use that to their advantage. Because, after all, that must mean we are desperate and needy! Whatever. But that comment really bothered me. Perhaps because, for me, there was a little truth in it.
3) Life was passing me by. I had zero interest in everything I once enjoyed.
4) A pair of my fat jeans became my skinny jeans.
5) My 99 year old grandmother had to write herself a note on Christmas Day to help her distinguish me from my sister. I was the “chubby” one. (FYI…my sister weighs 140; hence my goal weight of 139 – LOL)
6) Someone I have been internet/poker pals with for over a year (he lives in Canada) is meeting me in the States over Memorial Day. I sent him altered pics of myself.
7) I am no longer in the family calendar because I do not allow pics of myself to be taken. That’s going to end starting with the 2012 edition!

There are many more reasons but these are the top few.

Thanks for starting this thread. I needed to remind myself why I am doing this!

cherrypie
03-31-2011, 04:07 PM
my mom died and it made me think about my own mortality. Not in the way you would think though. She was never heavy and the illness that took her live wasn't related to weight or diet in any way. But she was 25 years older than me. That means I could be dead in 2 years. I've already been "dieting" for over 25 years do I really want to spend the next 25 years doing it to? is that all I want my life to be?

StephInLA
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I could not stand looking in the mirror. Even when I posed in front of the mirror I was horrified. There was no flattering angle. But worse than the reflection was the fact that I had outgrown all my fat clothes! I was wearing two pairs of yoga pants all the time. They were actually the same Lululemon pants that I owned in two different colors. Black or brown. Brown or black. One pair of pants in two colors. Those were my only options. I threw a party for our friends at our house and wore yoga pants (the brown ones). I kept telling people that I had been so busy cooking that I didn't have time to change (or even shower!) but that wasn't the truth. The truth was that my yoga pants (sweatpants, really) were the only thing that fit. My thin, handsome husband wore a navy velvet blazer from Italy, a silk pocket square, and stylish jeans and his unshowered wife (me) wore yoga pants and a hoodie...it was pathetic. I refused to buy bigger clothes because I have a fortune invested in clothes already and none of my favorite stores/designers made clothes large enough for me anymore. I can honestly say that aside from being ashamed, I was genuinely scared. It was scary to not recognize my own body and feel so out of control.

As long as I am being anonymously honest online...Besides the yoga pants, one last thing was the final straw...my pubic area got fat and you could see it through the yoga pants!! I would tie a sweater around my hips so that the arms would hang down in front and hide my fatty crotch bump. In college I tied on sweaters to hide by butt, but 20 years later I'm hiding my fat va-jay-jay?? Yuck. Thankfully, that fatty pubic area has mostly disappeared already.

I'm proud to say that even though I still have a ways to go before I hit my goal, all my body related fear is gone. I feel very in control and positive about the future. Dieting has been difficult in some ways, but a real pleasure in others. To live without fear and a sense of control over my body was far worse than counting calories and being on a diet. I'm a lot happier and calmer on a diet than I could have imagined and I wish I would have taken control sooner. Being at rock bottom was very emotionally uncomfortable to say the least.

The greatest thing about rock bottom is that the next day feels better!

niafabo
03-31-2011, 04:21 PM
Honestly my rock bottom was when the man that I truely loved told me that after a certain point when someone puts on too much weight they are no longer attractive. He was saying it about someone else but he gave me this look and I knew he was talking about me. Later on when we got into a fight he said he didn't find me that attractive to begin with. I realized it was because of my weight and it broke my heart. Whether that was the real reason or not however I promised myself that I would never have to question myself if it was or not again. Lame reason to start but I found plenty of other reasons along the way that are far more important to me now.

ShanIAm
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
...my pubic area got fat and you could see it through the yoga pants!!

Steph, you brought a tear to my eye because I thought I was the ONLY one who struggled and suffered with this. In fact, I have had this issue for so long I thought it was a hereditary thing that happened as women in my family got older. I never equated it to a weight thing. But lately I have noticed it shrinking and to finally know that I no longer have to suffer with this for the rest of my life is a feeling beyond words. It was the single, most shameful thing Iíve had to deal with and I never, ever accepted it as part of my body.

:hug: Thank you.

OhMyDogs
03-31-2011, 04:56 PM
I guess I didn't so much have a "rock bottom" moment. I had known for years and years that I was fat, but the idea of trying to lose the weight was scary and complex, not to mention restrictive. I think, in all honesty, that part of me was waiting for a "quick fix" to come out that would be proven effective. A Magic Pill basically.

Then in September, my 6 year old daughter (well she's 7 now) asked me to "pinky swear" to quit smoking. I had been saying for weeks that I was going to do it, but again, was too afraid to actually DO it. Once I had PROMISED her I would quit, then I had to do it. I wasn't going to break my promise to her. I have been smoke-free since September 6. My husband still smokes, but I am totally fine without them.

Then in December, I was diagnosed with "fairly significant" arthritis in my left knee, and Insulin Resistance. My husband was then diagnosed with Diabetes. I realized that I was going to be diagnosed with diabetes in my near future too, if I didn't get a grip on this. As well, at 36 I am too young to be disabled by a "bum knee". I realized that if I could quit smoking, I could lose weight too. It took me a couple of months of going on and off plan repeatedly, but I think I have it figured out now. Overall my body feels AMAZING, not just because I've lost 16lbs but because I am living a HEALTHY lifestyle, with lots of water, and exercise, and proper sleep. It's amazing the change!

stacygee
03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I started Jan. 2010 as I thought perhaps it would be easier to make friends if I looked like everyone else. But, I upped the anty in August after have chest pains and failing a stress test.

LisaP916
03-31-2011, 07:03 PM
I had gastric bypass surgery 7 years ago and lost 150 pounds. Over the last five years, I have gained back over half that weight, due to injury, medication, and just plain laziness. I got married in October 2010 and while I love my wedding photos, I *HATE* my wedding photos... I hate looking at that fat girl, knowing I squandered all the hard work I put into losing the 150 pounds just to be fat again on my wedding day.

The final motivation for the GB surgery was my father's diabetes diagnosis. The final motivation for WW - which I just joined on Saturday March 26th - was my mother's diabetes diagnosis.

I turn 40 this year, and I want many many healthy years with my husband. We're still debating whether we want to try to have a baby, because that clock is running out of time. I need to lose the regain. There's no other option.

The upside to starting again this time? I know what I look like thinner. I know how GOOD I felt, physically and emotionally. And I know I can do it.

I felt like a failure for the regain. I've moved on from that. I now feel like a success for starting over.

MichelleLoses
03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Shaniam do you enjoy reading? I also read this book while I was on vacation which inspired me to loose weight as well BUT it seems simular to the story you mentioned about the guy you are meeting memorial weekend. You have to read it! Its a great fast read. Its more of chick lit. It is called Jemima J. Look into it!

MichelleLoses
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Actually that goes for everyone...Read Jemima J...its a great book about a larger woman who meets a guy over the internet and makes up her weight etc...dont want to spoil it...it really inspired me!

Eliana
03-31-2011, 07:58 PM
I did not have a rock bottom moment. I have fought each pound tooth and nail the entire way. But my "This MUST work this time" came about because I knew if I failed anything I lost would come back plus friends. And I had PCOS, insulin resistance, high blood pressure which I was ignoring, plantar fasciitis, and I was starting to welcome death. I was miserable.

sweck08
03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
I decided to lose this weight after a week and a half into the new year. My mom and dad were going on a diet and asked me if I wanted to join them. Of course I wanted to, because I didn't want to be the only "fat" one left in my family. Since starting January 11, my parents and I have lost a combined 95lbs together. It is such a great accomplishment and I am so proud of how far the 3 of us have come! I look forward to progressing through this journey with my mom and dad until we reach our desired weights where we will strive to maintain.

I'd love to get down to my sister's size... I have a long way to go, but I'm closer to my goal than I was 3 months ago, and that's what matters!

aimeebell
03-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Lame reason to start but I found plenty of other reasons along the way that are far more important to me now.

Not as lame as mine, during an arguement with my EX-husband he said several times in a nasty tone "You got a lot of junk in that trunk." We have never done personal attacks like that, but I really don't know why in the **** it bothered me. I didn't start then. In fact, I think I went out and got Chinese to wallow in that night, but it nawed at my brain for months. Being uncomfortable in my own skin and my bra and pants being VERY uncomfortably tight to the point of not wanting to get dressed were my final straws.

aimeebell
03-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Since starting January 11, my parents and I have lost a combined 95lbs together. It is such a great accomplishment and I am so proud of how far the 3 of us have come!

That is awesome! My parents started at the same time I did, but they only lasted a couple weeks.

icedragon6669
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
over the years I had a few rock bottom moments and would lose weight at the time. But each time I relied on self control and restriction, it only gets you so far. I never dealt with the emotional issues so each time I would get to a certain weight, I then would always gain it back.

Some of my rock bottom moments are

walking 1/2 a block and realising I could hardly breathe because of my weight

trying to buy size 22 clothes trying them on and them not fitting, and finding nothing that fit when I needed clothes

walking in on a conversation where some really nasty school mums were talking about my weight :(

truelly seeing myself in a mirror one day :(

* those are just some of those moments.
I must say this time around I am not sure what triggered me to do something about my weight, I am looking back to when I started my journey again (last oct/nov) and this time around it wasn't one moment, it was a need for me to live again, I know i had wasted so much of my life because of my weight and I just had a need to re-join life again.

Elladorine
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
I went shopping with a friend at a Fashion Bug. She was also plus-sized, but was picking out cute jeans left and right to try on. And as I started sorting through the racks I had the sudden realization that there wasn't a pair of jeans in the entire store that would fit me. It hit me right then and there that being in a store that offered plus sizes still wasn't enough, that I was too big even for one of the few stores in the mall that actually carried clothes for fat people.

I had a few other moments as well that involved my health, but for whatever reason it was the jeans (or lack thereof) that hit me the hardest. I ran off into the mall and found the closest restroom in one of the department stores and started crying. So many aspects of my life were making me miserable back then and my weight was merely a reflection of that.

aimeebell
03-31-2011, 08:31 PM
6) Someone I have been internet/poker pals with for over a year (he lives in Canada) is meeting me in the States over Memorial Day. I sent him altered pics of myself.

Sorry to laugh at your rock bottom moments, but this one and your grandma are a little humorous.

MichelleLoses
03-31-2011, 09:29 PM
It is good to remember why we started and how we felt back then and how we dont EVER want to go back to that....

Gosh people can be so cruel!

kimmieval
04-01-2011, 01:16 AM
I had two rock bottom moments one behind the other towards the end of 2009 and those incidents started me on my journey in February 2010.

1. At my third year residency in Atlanta, we took group pictures, and when I saw my porky face on facebook, I KNEW I had to do something immediately!

2. None of my "fat" clothes could fit, I could not find anything to wear to work...couldn't even step foot into some pants.

konfyoozed
04-01-2011, 01:48 AM
the absolute worst rock bottom moment happened about a year ago, when i was only slightly heavier than i started here (and at the time prompted me to lose about 35lbs).

this might be TMI, but i don't think it gets much worse than this. during an intimate moment with my then-boyfriend (now fiance), he asked me in the very nicest way possible to "please move, you're squishing me".... that right there was a serious kick in the pants!

kimmieval
04-01-2011, 03:14 AM
the absolute worst rock bottom moment happened about a year ago, when i was only slightly heavier than i started here (and at the time prompted me to lose about 35lbs).

this might be TMI, but i don't think it gets much worse than this. during an intimate moment with my then-boyfriend (now fiance), he asked me in the very nicest way possible to "please move, you're squishing me".... that right there was a serious kick in the pants!

I can see how this was a motivator....

chickadee32
04-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Thank you for starting this thread, and thanks to those who have shared some very personal stories here. I've really appreciated your candor.

My bottom came on January 17. I remember the day very well: it was my best friend's birthday, and I had the day off from work, and she and I and another close friend had gone out for a birthday lunch. My best friend had her 13-month old son with her, and our other friend, who was 4 months pregnant, had brought her 3 year old daughter. At that point I had been trying to get pregnant for over a year, and I remember how hard it was to be with them and their kids that day. We talked about what was going on with all the appointments and tests I'd been having, and while I know they were trying to be supportive, their "relax, it will happen, it took me 7 months" advice, and the "are you sure you really want this?" statements as one of the kids began crying or refused to eat, left me feeling very sad and alone.

Right after lunch I went to yet another doctor's appointment. When they took my weight it was several pounds higher than it had been at a different doctor's office the previous week, and I was very upset. I'd been trying to watch what I ate over the previous few weeks, and I couldn't believe my weight had gone up instead of down. When I spoke to the endo and he'd again found nothing in my bloodwork that seemed to indicate a problem, and he told me that my weight was likely the reason I wasn't getting pregnant, I burst into tears. He told me that I had two choices: either stop trying to conceive for a while and he'd put me on a medical weight loss program, or find a way to lose the weight myself and hope that I became pregnant in the meantime. I left the appointment devastated, and completely without hope that I could manage to lose the weight - by myself or with help.

I don't know where the strength and determination came from, but that night I decided that I wasn't willing to give up on trying to conceive, and I would find a way to lose the weight myself, whatever it took. The next day I began restricting my calories and counting every single thing I put in my mouth, and two weeks later I began exercising 5 days/week. I haven't looked back since. This is far and away the best and most imporant thing I have ever done for myself, and it is so much more to me now than just something that might help me to get pregnant. I'm still really hoping that will happen for me someday, but even if it doesn't I will always be grateful that it was what kicked me into gear.

ShanIAm
04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Sorry to laugh at your rock bottom moments, but this one and your grandma are a little humorous.

Oh, beleive me, I can look back at my rock bottom moments now and laugh myself. ;) All combined was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

To Michelle -- thanks for the book recommendation! LOL I am going to go out on Amazon right now and order it. Can't wait to read it!

Txalupa
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
To ShanIam and Michelle-- Jemima J is a great book, I loved it! I own it and read it a few years ago and will definitely pick it up again. Thanks for the reminder!

MichelleLoses
04-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Ohh my goodness chickadee...what a story..you brought tears to my eyes..but you are an inspiration. Just know when you are down to nothing...god is up to something! Keep up the great work things will all work out.

MichelleLoses
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Txalupa....Your welcome! It was such a cute book....it is no shakespear but totally cute and a great fast read..There is some negative reviews on amazon but I LOVED it......I have been looking for a simular book ever since...Do you know any?

Runundefined
04-01-2011, 01:02 PM
An amazing thread you started here!

I think mine was a combination of pain (constant back pain) and feelings that I was being suffocated by fat around my neck at night, I would have to get a large pillow under my upper back just to feel like I could breath, my boobs were so big that when I laid down the flesh was just too much (I can't believe I am writing this!).. isn't a sad thing to feel suffocated by your own fat?

I also think my age has really motivated me. I am tired of wasting my time.

ETA..
Oh and I just remembered another one. Being so out of shape that I could not keep up with my 80 year old mother in law as she and I shopped at the mall. She had to "slow down" for ME!

Runundefined
04-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I went shopping with a friend at a Fashion Bug. She was also plus-sized, but was picking out cute jeans left and right to try on. And as I started sorting through the racks I had the sudden realization that there wasn't a pair of jeans in the entire store that would fit me. It hit me right then and there that being in a store that offered plus sizes still wasn't enough, that I was too big even for one of the few stores in the mall that actually carried clothes for fat people.

I had a few other moments as well that involved my health, but for whatever reason it was the jeans (or lack thereof) that hit me the hardest. I ran off into the mall and found the closest restroom in one of the department stores and started crying. So many aspects of my life were making me miserable back then and my weight was merely a reflection of that.

Just wanted to say I love your 100# lost gif! Very cool and :bravo:

sept15lija
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
I had a few rock bottom moments, one of them was when my husband called me from a local theme park where they have a number of roller coasters, and a new one that he was really excited about trying. He told me a story about a girl he felt really badly for who had waited in line forever to get on the ride, only to find she didn't fit. I asked him if I was the same size as her...and he said she might have been even a bit smaller. That made me feel horrible, I had been really excited about trying that ride too and it just hit me that I can't do the things I want to do because of my weight. So many things. That was one of the moments though among many others that finally got my butt into gear.

surfergirl2
04-01-2011, 02:52 PM
My most recent "rock-bottom" was when i was dangerously close to hitting/exceeding 160 pounds, when almost none of my pants fit, when i couldn't run without getting shin splints anymore (not to mention getting tired) due to the extra weight, when i couldn't surf because i couldn't fit into my wetsuit, and when i felt like complete **** and was convinced all my guy friends would think i was disgusting and fat. Mentally it was not a good place to be. I decided things needed to change.

MichelleLoses
04-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Ohh I thought of another moment...the little kids at the daycare I work for saying I had a baby in my belly....when I didnt =(

weedy4u
04-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I noticed I lost a few pounds after moving states and it just sort of inspired me. Once I noticed it was from eating lower calorie foods I started that diet and when I saw results, just kept going. It sort of was a rock bottom point. I just needed to change for myself. :)

MichelleLoses
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
I agree with you weedy...once you get momentum going it is such much easier to keep on trucking!

MichelleLoses
04-04-2011, 02:34 PM
any more?!

Rana
04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I had a lot of rocks too in my rock bottom, but the day when I finally made the change was the day that I was sitting in the hospital, because I was sick, it was all related to a virus I had eaten (stomach virus, terrible) and I was sitting there, in the ER, thinking to myself that I haven't eaten in 4 days, I'm still alive, my body obviously doesn't need as much food as I've been pushing down my throat and clearly all that yucky food got me sick (because I used to never cook at home).

I realized I never wanted to be in the hospital for this again, I didn't want my gall bladder taken out, I didn't want to be sick like this again and the only way to minimize getting sick like this, was to make sure I was as healthy as possible and that included not only eating healthy, exercising, but treating my PCOS/IR seriously and make sure that I was as healthy as I possibly could be.

Part of the hospitalization made me realize if I became diabetic, I'd probably be spending more time in the hospital and that's the last thing I wanted in my life. I was tired of being sick. I had been so sick for so long (all of it related to the crappy food I was ingesting) and I just wanted to feel healthy, light, free!!!

MissSMcC
04-04-2011, 06:05 PM
when i was on holiday in fuerteventura, we decided to go on a camel ride. the guy took a look at me and said 'it's okay, our camels are strong.' i wanted to die!

pattypaw
04-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Mine was when my 16 yr old son rubbed my stomach and asked if i was pregnant again and when i said no he didn't believe me.

ilidawn
04-05-2011, 02:52 AM
I've been wanting to change for years and I've been majorly depressed though a lot of people never knew it. I don't really think I hit a rock bottom because every day felt that way. The biggest thing pushing me had crossed my mind a few times but really hit me Friday night was seeing an ex that always gets girls, wanted me, cheated on me, then still wants me (he likes sex with everyone but thinks emotionally and psychologically we're yin and yang...dumbass..). I realised "wow..I'm so much better than this. I'm so much better than HIM." I used to think "oh if I lost weight I'd be hot for a guy and it would be perfect" but only a few days ago I realised " **** perfect for anyone but ME". Huh...I sound conceited wow I'm sorry D: but yeah, I really want to do it this time. I want to live and be happy with myself.

Txalupa
04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Sorry Michelle, I don't know any, but it was so good!! Maybe check out 'People who bought this book also bought... XYZ" on Amazon??

MichelleLoses
04-05-2011, 09:28 PM
you dont need a guy like that ilidawn! Good for you to now take care of YOURSELF!!

ilidawn
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
thanks MichelleLoses :) It feels good to learn something I probably should've learned long ago lol

Marms
04-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Mine was when I had to try on bridesmaid dresses. I had been avoiding any clothing that showed skin for years. When I put on the dress and saw how fat my arms were I cringed and couldn't imagine having to walk in the church in front of people like that. I managed to lose 40 lbs by wedding time.

MichelleLoses
04-05-2011, 10:05 PM
oh gosh marms I had the SAME experience....now i am in another wedding and MOH and do NOT want to feel like that again! I hate my arms!

NikiiBabie
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Mine was when my doc recently prescribed blood pressure pills for me.

It's bad enough that I let myself get heavy, but to now be forced to take medication because of it? Ugh. That was my breaking point. I decided that I HAD to lose the weight.

I had also been having mild chest pains, so that coupled with the medication made me think that I was too close to having a heart attack or stroke. I then realized that nothing I'd EVER eaten was that good to justify dying for it.

Jelma
04-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I had been saying for years that I was going to lose weight. I'd start a diet and then quit after a couple weeks because it was not happening quickly enough. I was going to lose weight for my sister's wedding in '06, never happened. I was going to lose weight for my other sister's wedding in '08, never happened.

My rock bottom was this past summer right after turning 30. I went to NYC for my birthday with my sisters and mom and was miserable. All the photos from the trip I look terrible in, all the clothes I wore were ugly and frumpy. So about two weeks after I got home I joined Weight Watchers.

MichelleLoses
04-06-2011, 07:34 PM
I hear you about the pictures! When I was on vacation I didnt want to take any! When we did take pictures I would get so depressed looking at them and it would ruin the night for me. I know i should be more concerned with health issues rather then my looks but I hadnt really experienced any health issues because of my weight as of yet...but if i did I would be scared to death. Luckily I am finally getting a hold of my weight again.

Ookpik
04-07-2011, 02:29 AM
I didn't have a rock bottom moment really, although I was getting to the point where everyday living was getting to be too hard, where doing things such as tying my shoe, walking, and cleaning myself were getting to be too hard.

Chickadee, I hope things work out for you and I just wanted to share...a friend of mine and her husband had been trying for 13 years to conceive, with no luck. She had one disappointment after another when she thought she might be pregnant but found out she wasn't. Finally, after thirteen years, she got pregnant and now has a little girl who will turn two this year. Whenever I get cynical (which isn't often) and need a reminder that miracles sometimes happen, I think of her.

Jelma, your post reminds me of my last trip to NYC....I tried to go on the Cyclone roller coaster at Coney Island but couldn't fit! It was humiliating, but nobody gave me a hard time or anything. It didn't motivate me to try to lose weight at the time, but it is one of my goals for this weight loss to someday experience that wooden roller coaster!

CynthiaC
04-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Rock bottom...

Yesterday night's binge, I was like "I need a forum, a community to talk about losing weight (I join a skin care forum and that helped me a lot but my time with them is done because I moved on from them; nice group though)" But I binge last night like pac-man.... and then a hot guy came to the house, and I felt disgusted by my looks.

JustSharing83
04-07-2011, 02:34 AM
The "before" pictures I've posted in the threads linked in my signature were posted and tagged on my sister-in-law's MySpace 2 years ago. As I stared at them and cried, I knew that was as low as it would get for me. The sad thing is those pictures were taken at about 25 pounds less than my highest weight... No wonder I avoided cameras at all cost!

MichelleLoses
04-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Pictures can be so cruel...I always wonder do I really look like that or is it just because it is 2D that it looks worse..There was only about 2 years of my life where I didnt mind getting a picture of myself and I was at my lowest weight..I hope to get back to that and not feel terrified of the camera it can really ruin a good time!

MichelleLoses
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I fell off the wagon a bit this weekend for my birthday celebration....i returned to my orginal post here for motivationt o get back on...dont want to go back to that feeling

AZ Sunrises
04-11-2011, 07:27 PM
There really wasn't a rock-bottom moment for me. I realized that I was in the upper end of plus sized clothing, and I didn't want to be forced to special order extended sizes.