Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default How fast did you lose weight on induction?

Ok this is not an I want to know because I want to lose a ton of weight right now question. I want to know because when I tell people that I have lost like 9 lbs in less then two weeks they freak and tell me I am being unhealthy! I tell them that some is water weight and I am not starving my self I am eating really well actually! I went to the doctor yesterday and (I had been there a little over a week ago) their scale showed a ten lb loss from the last time the nurse couldnt believe it she weighed me twice. I told her that I was doing Atkins and all it made her say was man Im buying his book. The doctor just told me good job keep up the good work and dont let being sick make you want to quit. So if my doctor doesnt see a prob with that much weight loss in 10 days then why cant anyone else believe that I am not a freaking anorexic or something. I tell them that after induction or maybe even sooner that much weight loss so fast wont continue, but GRRR it makes me so mad. I am damned if I do an damned it I dont. If Im fat Im unheathy and if I lose weight I must be doing it in an unhealthy way.

I just want to know if you guys lost a big chunk of weight during induction? I am going to stop sharing with people cuz I am sick of their "advice"
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244.8/227/150

Height: 5'6

I started induction at 244.8 and after the 2nd week of induction was 228.8, so that's 16lbs in 14 days. If your doctor has no problem, then don't worry.
sizzlingina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #3  

Its totally fine - a lot of it is water.

You need a lot more water in your system to process carbs (carb bloat!)

Plus I am of the personal opinion that being overweight is much more detrimental to your health than losing weight fast for a month or so.

I really started on Wednesday (took me 3 days to stay on plan lol). I was at 160 weds am and am 156 today so I basically lost 4 lbs in one day.

I am hoping to average 3 lbs a week for 6 weeks (18 lbs). Then maybe slow it down to 2 a week for the next 6 weeks (12) lbs. I will then only need to lose 10 so I will add 5 carbs till I hit my stall and then go back down so I can lose the last 10 slow and keep it off!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:42 PM   #4  

Well its funny to me that NO ONE seems to have a problem with the massive amount of weight they loose on biggest looser but the average everyday person starts losing big chunks of weight and people think they have an eating disorder or something and why cant people understand the bigger you are the faster you lose weight at first. Its just so frustrating.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #5  

Dont worry - just keep eating your veggies, protein and fat~
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

If someone has an issue, just tell them you've discussed it with your Dr. and he says it's fine and to keep up the good work! That usually will shut people up! If they keep on, look at them and say HELLO! I LOST 10lbs. not GAINED! I would also say quit being jealous, you cows! Ha! J/K But seriously, explain that your Dr. is on board and that if there was an issue, you would stop. But right now you're probably eating better than you ever had and feeling great! So, don't let them pull you down. Many are just floored by it. I always try to be supportive of people's losses even if they are losing on a different program, but not all people are able to do that.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #7  

Thanks ladies! Yeah my one friend said "um your not becoming an anorexic are you?" I said NO girl if you could see how much I eat! I eat more now then I ever did before I was on atkins. I just dont eat carbs! well no more then 20 anyway. Its just so frustrating that no one seems to care when your eating a greasy burger they wont say anything for fear of hurting you feelings (when your fat) but when you start to loose they judge every aspect of it. The thing is I have a couple friends that are pretty big and I thought if they lost this much weight so fast doing something that i have found to be pretty easy I would be hurt if they didnt tell me how they did it. But like I said its time to just do what I have to do and when its done and they ask how I did it I can tell them good diet and exercise rather then just saying atkins. Love all the stigma that comes with that name with some people! But I am in love with atkins and really enjoying this new life style this is really the best I have ever felt since being big!

Last edited by Brooklynn; 04-01-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 305/290/155

Height: 5'7"

On any diet you lose weight fast in the first couple weeks, people are crazy. I lost 18 pounds in 7 days when I first started. I wouldn't worry about it, your doing great!
startanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #9  

Smile

I m new to dis farum ...
startanew plz can u tell me wat r u eating if u dont mind .... u r doing very well am so impressed
Thanks
am eating 3 eggs wd margarine in breakfast ... half a chicken wd margarine wd lunch n rest of the chicken wd dinner wd 8/9 g of water am eating almost 80 g of margarine ... am I doing right ... as a snack very rear smoked tuna ....
is coconut oil helps????
Plz seniors help

Last edited by alfum; 12-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.
alfum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 158/155/110

we lost weight pretty quickly the last time we did induction. This time we seem to be off to a slower start. Looks like we have to drop calories a fair amount as well for it to kick in. May be metabolic resistance kicking in
Mistirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 189/160/143

Height: 5'6"

I lost about ten pounds in two weeks. I love losing that fast. It has slowed down this week, which I expected. This is the second time I've done Atkins. Ten years ago I lost ten pounds in induction, too!
KnitSewSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #12  
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Hi! When I did Atkins Phase 1 in the fall I lost 7 pounds in a couple of weeks, and my boyfriend lost 13. We were totally cool with it and I read it is pretty typical to lose up to 14 pouds. I realized it was mostly water and had a hard time after a bit because I was getting headaches and felt so low in energy. But if you can do it, you go for it! Rock on!
I've just started the slow-carb diet today by Tim Ferriss.
Missy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300.6/see ticker/???

Height: 5'7''

Hey all, I lost 13.8 lbs during induction. I think the heavier you are...the more you lose, but it was a great incentive for me to keep going!
gembabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #14  
kelsmom51

Default lynn

My hubby and I both are starting Atkins in Jan.2014 I have to buy and plan the food and read the book again. I hope I can do it this time for good. I have on a tiny part of my pancreatic and I do not digest fats very well. does anyone else have that problem or know if its still ok to do this.
kelsmom51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #15  
Slow Carb Newbie

S/C/G: Starting at 155 / ticker / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Lynn. Have you spoken to a doctor yet about whether you can do Atkins?

I'm doing the slow carb diet now by Tim Ferriss and it is based on filling up with protein veggies and legumes (the slow carbs). There is far less fat. Maybe that is an option to discuss with your doctor?
Missy123 is offline   Reply With Quote