Chicks up for a Challenge - Autumn Beauties April Check-In (Anyone is Welcome!!)

Emme
03-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey, Autumn Beauties! Welcome to the April thread and as always, ANYONE is welcome to join in at any time. It's so nice to have a group of people who support each other and encourage each other.

Monique usually starts these threads, but the lucky duck is on a cruise!! Um, jealous!! ;)

The April Challenge:
1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of April ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in April.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)

On the days that you don't exercise:

Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or
Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or
Do both!! :)

Let's have fun this month...April is a great month because spring is just beginning and it's a start of new life for many things...it's also a time for us to be refreshed and renewed spirits as we go through this weight-loss journey!

Emme
03-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Emme's personal goals for April:

Try to lose 5 pounds, or at least get into the 170s!
Exercise at least 4 days a week
Check-in on the thread every day (it helps keep me accountable)
To not get discouraged and be more patient with the scale...my body will do what it needs to do as long as I am paying attention to what I eat and how often I move my body.

My WI is every Friday, so I'll be posting stats here:

April 1 ~ 181.4
April 8 ~ 181.0 (-0.4)
April 15 ~ 181.0
April 22 ~ 179.8 (-1.2)
April 29 ~ 179.2 (-0.6)

NYGiantsGirl
03-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh, this looks like fun!!!

1. I want to be out of the 180s this month.
2. 25 days
3. I'd love to say every day, but I won't keep that, so let's say every weekday
4. I want to finish week 2 of C25K!

I weigh on Mondays so will post here

W1 (4/4) ~
W2 (4/11) ~
W3 (4/18) ~
W4 (4/25) ~

lisa34t
03-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello Ladies!

April Fools day tomorrow! Yes, It definietly time for some April GOALS :carrot::carrot:.

1. Meet Easter Challeange! ( its a stretch but Im still gonna try!)
2. Meet 64 oz of water intake daily!
3. Workout 22 days of the month!

Over all my goal for April in 15lbs....since Im already shooting for 15.8 by the 24 th, even if i dont reach my Easter Challenge, I can still reach my April goal

NyGaints- Welcome Welcome! My WI is on Mondays as well so we can motivate each other! This is a great place to be motivated!

Emme- Those are some great goals!

pattypaw
03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
I didn't do too well in march, but i have a good feeling about april ;)

My Goals:
1. I would like to get out of the 200's (9lbs) but my my realistic goal is 5lbs.

2.I will workout 20 days this month

3.I will visit this thread as often as possible

4.I will have more control on my weekend eating
I will drink more water (i'm getting better at this)
On nice days I will take my little one out for walks

Happy April to all of us :carrot:

TooManyDimples
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey ladies. I definitely want to commit to checking in more in April so I'm going to go back to the old formula. =)

For April I would like to lose at least 8lbs.
I want to exercise as many days as possible.
And I want to stay on plan everyday.

I'm only weighing on the 1st and 15th of every month so I should have an awesome new number on my ticker tomorrow morning!

I hope everyone has a wonderful April!

cori
04-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Hi ladies!

I'm pretty new to the site and would love some support. Just knowing there are others out there trying to do the same thing I'm trying to do is a comfort.

Anyway, my goals:
1. I would like to lose anywhere between 5 and 10 pounds in April.
2. I would like to get to the gym at least 3 days a week and walk the dog or play volleyball on the days I don't go to the gym.
3. I'd love to have the pleasure of checking in with you ladies every day.
4. I want to start making healthy choices about my eating, and also eat smaller meals throughout the day instead of eating 2 big meals.

I think that's it. I know I can do it and when the going gets rough its awesome to know that I'll have a place to turn to.

TooManyDimples
04-01-2011, 09:59 AM
Morning Ladies! Happy April!

My offical start weight for April 1st is 235.6! I lost 14.4lbs in March. =)

Emme
04-01-2011, 10:31 AM
NYGiantsGirl ~ Welcome to the thread! You have some great goals, and I'm with you on getting out of the 180s...good luck to you!

Lisa ~ Good luck with your Easter challenge - you did great in March and I know you'll do great in April!

Patty ~ Don't fret about what happened in March - April is a new month and you have some great goals! Weekend eating is hard for me, too. I feel like it's party-eating-time on weekends. ;)

TooManyDimples ~ Um, 14.4 pounds in March?! Holy moly!! That's amazing -- good for you!!

Cori ~ Welcome! You have some awesome goals. And, we are always here to help each other, so come to this board as often as you need!

I am sooo excited that it is April. I love the start of a new month. I finally broke through my 183-184-185 weigh-ins which were starting to drive me nuts. There are certain numbers on the scale that I truly get sick of seeing after a while. I hope you all have an awesome Friday! :)

GettinFit
04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Good morning Beauties - Happy Friday!!!

I can't believe it's already April. The year is flying by so I need to really get busy this month since my plan was to be at my goal by the end of the year.

Welcome Cori & NYGiantsGirl :wave: I look forward to hearing about your successes.

Emme - thanks for starting this month's thread. I hope we all have a rockin :carrot: April.

My goals are:

My goals for March are:

1. Get back on track with my healthy eating plan and track calories on Livestrong
2. Get back to working out at least 5 times a week
3. Post here daily
4. Limit the sugar & sodium in my diet
7. (Bonus) I accept both bonus challenges this month.

Emme
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
GettinFit ~ Glad you are here for the April thread! Nice goals -- I really like your goal of limiting sodium and sugar. Good luck to you! :)

NYGiantsGirl
04-01-2011, 11:54 AM
I am proud of my exercise this week!

Monday: C25K
Tuesday: Spinning and sports circuit class (Sports circuit is HARD)
Wednesday: C25K
Thursday: Spinning
Friday: C25K

That's TWO HUNDRED AND TEN minutes this week so far, up from less than 100 mins last week! I'm sore, but it's a good, satisfying sore -- not the I'm-getting-injured sore or the I-can't-move sore.

I'll rest tomorrow and do zumba and a sculpting class on Sunday. My in laws are here, so expecting a gain on Monday when I weigh in -- we'll be eating out every night. :(

cori
04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
I weighed myself this morning and my official April starting weight is 227.4. Hoping to get to 220 by the end of the month. Happy April Everyone!

pattypaw
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Happy weekend ladies! I woke up and saw 207 on the scale, 2 more lbs down :carrot: I think i was excited because i've been sitting between 209 and 212 for the last 3 weeks. This has motivated me for the weekend. I'm going to do family walk with leslie sansone with my 4 youngest kids (they love it) while i wait for my coffee to brew. Have a great day! :)

lisa34t
04-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Hello Ladies!!

Ok yall know I love to peak at my weight before WI, Today 213.4 official WI is in 2 days! Im excited. I was disappointed becuase I didnt get a chance to workout or walk Monday or Friday beacuse of work, but then I thought...HMM Im on my feet at work for 5.5 hours walking around DSW, Im sure that counts for something!! And I found Oatmeal at Krogers for 130 calories...30 less that what I have been eating! I found sushi at Krogers as well :D

pattypaw- CONGRATS on your loss!!!:carrot:

NYGiants- Your week sounds good but painful! Keep up the good work!:hug:

GettinFit- You always give me good ideas...I need to watch sodium as well but thats a tough cooke for me! YOU CAN DO IT!

Emme- Glad you broke out of that hold!

TooMany- :carrot::carrot: WHOOOO HOOO Almost 15 lbs. YOU GO GIRL!!!

Have a Great Saturday as well!

TooManyDimples
04-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi ladies. I didn't check in last evening because we got home really late. Yesterday was a good day.

April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs
Eat between 1200-1600 calories.
Exercise as many days as possible. (One rest day per week)
100+oz of water a day. (Including tea)

1st ~ 20 minutes strength. 11.50 miles biked. 1300 calories. 130oz water
~~~~~

Lisa ~ Good for you! Good luck with your offical weigh in coming up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emme
04-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi ladies! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Congrats on your loss, Patty!

We went out for dinner with some friends last night which was nice because I ordered a semi-healthy meal, but our friends knew the owner so she kept bringing us all kinds of different foods to try...and I couldn't resist!! LOL!! Oh well, back on track today. :)

TooManyDimples
04-02-2011, 08:53 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

2nd ~ 16.5 miles biked. 1600 calories. 104oz water

cori
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Still 227.4. I'm actually kind of amazed considering I went out for all-you-can-eat sushi to celebrate getting my new job. But the scale hasn't budged one way or the other. Gotta do some serious dog walking tonight.

Emme
04-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi ladies ~ I hope you all had a nice weekend. It is 70 degrees here but very, very windy. I love the weekends for relaxing, but I am always anxious for them to get over with because they tend to be difficult for me. Weekends are like a party for me and I want to eat fun things, and bake lots of stuff...I thought about making chocolate-covered pretzels to take to work tomorrow, but inside I know I want to make them so I can sample them as I go along...and it's really just not worth it. Is anyone else like this?! It drives me nuts, sometimes.

Monique
04-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Hey ladies! I've missed you all! Just got back from my cruise today! I'm such a dork, I had so much on my mind getting ready for my cruise that I forgot to make a thread BEFORE I went like I had planned. LOL! Thanks for starting this Emme :)

I know I've probably gained some weight back but I am so ready to get back on track again and continue on in this journey :). My diet will re-start tomarrow and I will continue on with intermittent fasting :)

1. I would like to at least get back down to 212 this month because I know I'm not right now after my week vacation. LOL...not even gonna get on the scale and upset myself....I will wait a few weeks :).

2. I plan to workout for at least 15 days this month.

3. I plan to check in here for at least 15 days this month.

***I plan to dance around to two or three songs on my lazy days!***

Yay! So ready to get started :)

Monique

TooManyDimples
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

3rd ~ Rest Day. 1310 calories. 104oz water

~~~~~

Evening ladies! I'm getting ready to go to bed but wanted to update my progress.

Monique ~ I hope you had a great time! Good luck getting back on track.

Emme ~ I know what you mean. I decided to have a higher carb day on Saturday and part of that was I made these muffins that I've been wanting to make for forever. They were so stinkin' good and I ended up having more then I should have. I had to have my husband take what was left to his poker game so I wouldn't go completely crazy. Baked goods have to be few and far between in this house. =)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

GettinFit
04-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Good morning Beauties :wave:

Welcome back Monique. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. We missed your posts and look forward to hearing about your success in getting back to 212 this month. You can do it!!!

Kim - Great job on getting rid of the extra muffins and congrats on being binge free for over a month. I really need to go back over to the binge free challenge as it seems like I just can't get control anymore.

Emme - Glad you've started getting some warmer weather. I am right with you on the weekend thing. Come Friday evening, I tend to get the urge for junk food and sad to say, I gave in this past weekend. I have to work really hard this coming weekend to stay on track.

Patty, Lisa & NYGiantGirl, You ladies are rockin it :carrot: I hope to be there with you soon. I can't wait to start rockin it again too!

I broke down and weighed myself this morning and it was waaayyyy worst than I thought. I know I'm retaining extra fluid because my rings won't fit but I didn't think it would be that bad. Even though it was bad, I'm glad that I did weigh because it brought me back to reality and it reminded me that I need to get back on track. When I'm tempted to go off on the weekend and when the cravings kick in, I'll remember the number I saw this morning.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

My journal for today:
B: Greek yogurt, banana, coffee w/flavored creamer
S: Special K Mini protein bar, orange
L: Lean Gourmet Sante Fe Rice & Beans, side salad w/ff dressing
D: Turkey sandwich
Exercise: Walk or FIRM

GettinFit
04-04-2011, 11:28 AM
What eating program do you all find works best for you? I've been following the Weight Watchers plan for a while but I'm tired of paying them. I have spent so much $$ and I'm nowhere near where I need to be. I feel as though I'm just throwing $$ down the drain.

Emme - I think you told me that you're a calorie counter. I'm thinking about going that route too.

Emme
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Monique ~ Welcome back! I hope you had a fabulous time on your cruise!! Ah, what I wouldn't give to be out in the sun and water... ;) Your goals sound great for the month!

TooManyDimples ~ Good for you for giving away the rest of the muffins...I do the same...I'll bake a bunch of stuff and then send it with my husband to work or take it to work for my coworkers. But it's sooo hard for me to resist the stuff when it is in the house.

GettinFit ~ Yes, I calorie count and it has been the only thing that has worked for me consistently. I pretty much eat the same thing every day, so it's easy for me to track my calories, but I do shake it up and include some fun extras like air-popped popcorn, chocolate, etc. I just type stuff down on a Word document and save it. It's fun for me to still be able to eat the foods I love and to treat myself...I just work it into my calorie count for the day. Calorie counting has really opened up my eyes as to whether eating something is "worth it." I used to drink a white russian or a glass of wine every other night, but a white russian is 212 calories, and it's not worth it to have one every other night because that is 212 calories of food I could be eating!! LOL!!

It was an adjustment at first because I am a snacker, so I was always snacking on things throughout the day. Once I realized that I really wasn't hungry, but rather that I was bored, tired, etc., it became easier for me to drink some water and tell myself "You aren't going to die if you don't eat that granola bar at 9:00 at night." It took a lot of patience because I was hungry the first week or so of calorie counting, but my body is used to the lower calories now, so it's not so bad.

lisa34t
04-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Today was official WI and 213.2:carrot: Down 2.6 from last week! I really have confidence in myself of being in 199.9 by Easter. I have a new plan Iím working on for my Tuesday and Thursday workout plan, I plan to use the school gym and equipment on those days.

Monique- I KNOW YOU HAD A BLAST! Iím sure with your fasting you are going to be back on track in no time. Great Goals! Where did the cruise go?

GettinFit- I too, have always been a calorie watcher. I eat the same things pretty much all the like Emme. I always read and pay attention to weight loss tips that apply to me. I also use my fitness pal (really one who word, but the site wonít allow me to type it) and this program allows me to log in everything I eat on my phone, you can also use it online. It gives me a calorie intake amount according to my goals and current condition. Also every time I loose 10lbs it reevaluates my plan . It allows you to log in exercise, water intake, cardio etc. I log in everything from Breakfast to snacks and if I go over it tells me in BIG RED NUMBERS!

Emme- Yes, Iím a sampler as well....I always say to myself "just a taste".....taste turns into a bowl!

cori- sushi, yummm! I have just started eating sushi and I love it!

TooManyDimples
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Lisa ~ Congrats on the weighin!

I hope everyone had a good start to the week. =)

~~~~~~

April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

4th ~ 20 minutes strength. 11.25 miles biked. 1486 calories. 140oz water

cori
04-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Glad to hear you're all doing so well. I myself had an awesome day today. Carrot muffin and milk for breakfast, pita bread with roasted red pepper dip and a granola bar for lunch, and pasta with peppers and sausage and tomato sauce for dinner. I also had some strawberries to snack on while I was cooking dinner. I resisted the urge to have dessert, even though my boyfriend was snacking on ice cream that I absolutely LOVE. Now I might have some more strawberries as a night-time snack after my workout of 30 minutes of intense cardio. Yes, today was a good day. How is everyone else doing?

GettinFit
04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Good morning everyone,

Cori - Great job on having such an awesome day!

Lisa - Congrats on a great loss :cheer: Yep I am giving calorie counting a try and see if that works better than WW for me right now. I will use My Plate to track. I keyed in that I want to lose 2 pounds per week and it put my calories at 1200 but I think that is too low for me so I am going to adjust it up to 1600 a day.

Emme - I am a snacker too but I want to start cutting back on the snacking and eat more at my main meals.

TooManyDimples - My day went well yesterday. Hope you had a good one too.

I am working to get the scale back to where it was earlier last month and I'm hoping to reach onederland before I go on my cruise in Nov. Actually, I'd like to be in the 180s by then. I know I can do it if I put my mind to it.

Have a great day ladies ;)

Emme
04-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Lisa ~ Congrats on the WI!! Woo-hoo!! :bravo:

Cori ~ The pumpkin muffin sounds delicious ~ actually, all of the food you ate yesterday sounds delicious!

GettinFit ~ Yes, 1200 is too low. As people lose weight, they need to take in fewer and fewer calories in order to keep losing weight, so if people start out at 1200 and then hit a plateau, they don't have anywhere to go (since people shouldn't go below 1200). How tall are you?

Shout out to Patty, TooManyDimples, NYGiantsGirl, and Monique ~ hope you are all doing great! :)

GettinFit
04-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Emme - I'm 5'5.5. You know, that could be why I hit that crazy plateau back in Jan/Feb. I was averaging around 1200ish and adding bonus calories for my workouts.

NYGiantsGirl
04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Well, I sorta blew it yday. My allergies kicked in big time, and I had no Claritin, so no weigh-in and no gym. It's OK, though -- I'll work out on Friday, my rest day, instead. I feel much better today.

(Thank you, antihistamines!)

Tonight I'm going spinning and then circuit training. My BFF and I belong to the same gym, temporarily, and I'm really enjoying working out with her. I push harder.

Emme
04-05-2011, 12:02 PM
NYGiantsGirl ~ enjoy spinning! I love spinning...well, actually I hate it for the first 10 minutes because she starts us out pretty hard, but then I get over it as the time goes on ;)

GettinFit ~ Yes, you very well could have plateaued because of the 1200 calories. I would try 1600-1700 and see how that goes. Sometimes we don't eat enough calories which is hard to believe!! If you lose consistently on 1600-1700 that's great, but if you don't, then I would move it up to 1800 and see what happens for a few weeks.

GettinFit
04-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the advise Emme. I am definitely going to try this. It's so hard to get rid of the old mentality that you need to eat less to lose. After I eat my lunch today I will only have had 768 calories. I'll need to eat a hefty dinner tonight.

NYGiantsGirl - I'm glad you're feeling better.

TooManyDimples
04-05-2011, 06:59 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

5th ~ 8.25 miles biked. 1375 calories. 124oz water

Monique
04-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey Beauties!

Lisa, my sisters and I did the Disney Wonder cruise to the Mexica Riviera. It was a week long and so amazing and fun! :)

Thank you all. I actually haven't even started my dieting and exercising yet so what I'm gonna do is, give myself until next Monday and I will get back into it. I'm kinda still in vacation mode. LOL....I'm not stuffing my face every minute or anything but I've been kinda doing my own thing....muching on cookies when I get home from work, having my favorite iced coffee here and there, that type of thing.

Kim, congrats to you for doing such an AMAZING job with your diet. That is so cool! You still doing IF?? I can't wait to start it again next Monday :). I'm sure you all know how that feels....sometimes you just wanna do YOU and not think about diet and exercise for a week or two and then you can jump back into it when you're ready :).

Great job, ladies :)

Monique

GettinFit
04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Good morning everyone:

Monique - I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. I knew you would. I did the Mexican Riveria a few years ago on Carnival Cruiselines. We went to Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta & Cabo. I really enjoyed it and would like to do it again. This year I'll be doing the Western Caribbean. My most fav is the Southern Caribbean though. I want so bad to be in a comfortable size 14 by the time I cruise in Nov. That gives me 7 months to lose about 40 pounds. That will put me at 183 and that would be awesome. If I put my mind to it I know I can do it.

TooManyDimples - You're doing an awesome job!!

I hope everyone else is doing okay. So far so good for me. I'm on day 3 of being back on track.

TooManyDimples
04-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey ladies!

Glad to hear you had so much fun with your sisters Monique. Still doing IF. I'm so much happier eating this way. I don't know if it had any added effect on my weightloss for March. But that's the most I've ever lost in one month so could be. =) I get what you mean about not starting back up until Monday. It's like a fresh start.

Gettingfit, good for you for getting back on track. Hope everyone else has a great day!

NYGiantsGirl
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Bah.

My weigh in was not a success. I'm not happy, but at least I worked hecka hard in cardio circuit and spinning!

Emme
04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Bah.

My weigh in was not a success. I'm not happy, but at least I worked hecka hard in cardio circuit and spinning!

Don't get discouraged!! It's awesome that you are working hard on cardio and spinning...our bodies hold onto water so the water can repair muscle tears, so your body may just be taking care of itself right now. Also, you might be losing inches. I went through a three week spell of not losing anything (which was beyond frustrating), but after I took measurements I realized I had lost 3 inches around my body. The body is a mysterious thing...don't be down on yourself...you are doing great! :)

GettinFit
04-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Hang in there NYGiantGirl and don't get discouraged. The weight loss will show up if you just stick with it.

cori
04-06-2011, 02:05 PM
@ Monique - I'm glad you had such a good time on your cruise. I have to admit I'm a little jealous. Good luck with getting back on track.

@ TooManyDimples - You're doing a great job! Keep it up!

@NYGiantGirl - Don't let one weigh-in get you down. Keep up the hard work on the cardio and you're bound to see a change on the scale soon.

@GettinFit - Good luck staying on track; its hard but you can do it!

I weighed myself this morning and was surprised to see that I've lost 2.8 pounds since I weighed myself Saturday morning. I've been working out really hard and watching what I eat and I guess its paid off. Can't wait to lose more!

Also, I found another weight loss site that I wanted to share with everyone. Its called Spark People. The forums aren't as good as the ones here but they have nutrition plans, calorie counters, BMI calculators and many more awesome features that are really helping me. You should all check it out if you're interested.

Today is sort of a lazy day for me. I have volleyball tonight for 1 hour and 15 minutes but its a rec league and we don't really do enough to burn many calories. But its fun and better than nothing; plus, its the last game of the season. I have tomorrow morning off so I will go to the gym before work in the afternoon. I really can't wait to see the scale change even more. I've never been this pumped or this serious about losing weight and it feels awesome!

GettinFit
04-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Great job cori on getting of to such a great start. You're doing an awesome job. I too am a member of SparkPeople but I rarely use it. I agree that the forums aren't nearly as good as here. Enjoy your volleyball.

Emme
04-06-2011, 03:39 PM
I weighed myself this morning and was surprised to see that I've lost 2.8 pounds since I weighed myself Saturday morning. I've been working out really hard and watching what I eat and I guess its paid off. Can't wait to lose more!

Today is sort of a lazy day for me. I have volleyball tonight for 1 hour and 15 minutes but its a rec league and we don't really do enough to burn many calories. But its fun and better than nothing; plus, its the last game of the season. I have tomorrow morning off so I will go to the gym before work in the afternoon. I really can't weight to see the scale change even more. I've never been this pumped or this serious about losing weight and it feels awesome!

Cori ~ Way to go on your weight loss! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy088.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php) That's awesome!

TooManyDimples
04-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Evening ladies. I hope everyone had a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~

April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

6th ~ 20 minutes strength. 1406 calories. 124oz water

Monique
04-07-2011, 12:19 AM
GettinFit...of course you can do it! :). I'll be right here doing the same for myself :). We can do it!

Kim, awesome job. So glad IF is working for you. Yeah, I hear you on that's the most you've ever lost in a month thing. I lost 3.6 pounds my first week of doing IF and I normally had trouble losing even THAT in a month. IF is definitely going to be my way of eating so long as I am over-weight and maybe even longer. There's this woman on YouTube who has been doing it for a few years now and has lost over 100 pounds! It's just part of her life now. So amazing.

NYGiants, no worries....just keep going with it no matter what. If it makes you feel any better, I gained 6 pounds duing vacation. LOL...maybe even more by now but that's not gonna stop me one bit. After this weekend, I will remain totally focused until I reach my goal....or at least try to. LOL.

Monique

CynthiaC
04-07-2011, 01:07 AM
The April Challenge:... sorry if I am late but I have to join something now

1. Water Fast from April 8 to April 30 = 23 days = lose 10 lbs
2. Exercise for at least 15 days for 16 mile runs
3. probably about 6-8 times
4. I want to lose 20 lbs by the end of April, I want to weigh 175 lbs.

GettinFit
04-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Good morning beauties,

Monique - You're right, we can do it and I know it's going to click for us and we'll make our goals.

Welcome Cynthia :wave: your April goals look good. I look forward to reading about your successes.

Well this is day 4 that I've been back on track and it's been pretty easy. Next week I need to focus on getting in more exercise.

I hope everyone has a great day ;)

Emme
04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone ~ I am sooo glad it is Thursday. I am extra tired this morning and I can tell it might be a rough day. My left knee has been swollen for a few days now, and my dumb @$$ went to spinning class last night...didn't feel anything then, but my knee is swollen in 2 places now, so I am going to have to give my body a break.

Cynthia ~ Welcome to the board! Is a water fast really what it sounds like it is?! I couldn't go an hour without water...my body needs it! Good luck to you.

GettinFit ~ I'm glad to hear you've had a good week so far.

NYGiantsGirl
04-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I am trying to get myself up for circuit training tonight. I'm sort of afraid to go -- I'm always the worst and the slowest in the class!

But I had a work thing last night, so I need to make up for my lack of activity .. spinning's not going to be enough.

Emme
04-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I am trying to get myself up for circuit training tonight. I'm sort of afraid to go -- I'm always the worst and the slowest in the class!

You should go!! I've had to talk myself into working out many, many times, and after working out I've never said, "Man, I am so upset that I exercised." ;)

TooManyDimples
04-07-2011, 07:40 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

7th ~ No exercise, not feeling great. 1452 calories. 104oz water

Emme
04-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Kim ~ It's good that you took yesterday off to not exercise especially since you aren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling better today. :)

My WI was this morning and I am down 0.4 pounds. I'll take it! I lost almost 3 pounds last week after being stalled out for three weeks, so I figured it would balance out this week...and I am on TOM, so it works out.

It is soooo crappy and rainy here today, but it is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow and 85 on Sunday...that's a complete fluke as it will get back into the 60s the next week, but I can't wait to feel the warmth. TGIF!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance011.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

TooManyDimples
04-08-2011, 08:36 PM
It did me some good Emme, I decided to try to make up for it today though. =) Hope everyone had a good day.

~~~~~~~~~

April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

8th ~ 20 minutes strength. 27.5 miles biked. 1351 calories. 124oz water

Hopeful8
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
A nice little gift from the scale gods this morning allowed me to see 131.2 on the scale. Only 2.2 pounds to go until I hit maintenance and I'm so damn excited. When I hit my original goal of 140 I knew that I had more to lose, but I'm starting to be really happy with my body and I'm not thinking about going any lower than 129.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, I'm heading to the gym :hug:

TooManyDimples
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

9th ~ 6 miles biked. 1600 calories. 124oz water

TooManyDimples
04-10-2011, 09:20 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

10th ~ Rest Day. 1600 calories. 104oz water

pattypaw
04-11-2011, 03:16 AM
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I did pretty good this weekend, well minus the 2 pecan sandies cookies i ate. Its my TOM and those darn cookies just jumped into my shopping cart (is it ok to blame mother nature and the cookies just this once?!!) Anyways, i ate 2 of them then gave my daughter the rest of the package as she was on her way out the door for a sleepover at her friends. I've also decided that when i just need to pick up a few things at the store i will walk instead of driving. Its a little less than a mile away and the weather is getting nicer. Today i packed up my 4 youngest kids and my niece and walked there. I was glad i did and also it helped to tire out the young one's and they went to bed easier than usual.

Emme
04-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Oh, holy crap...I completely fell off the calorie counting wagon this weekend. I'm laughing about it today because it was a lot of fun to eat junk, but I'm back on the wagon today. I am also up three pounds on the scale, so I'm really hoping I didn't consume 10,500 calories between Saturday and Sunday!! I'm hoping it's just water retention from sodium and lack of water...at least I am hoping that at least 2 pounds of it is water!!! It was nice to have a break and not count calories for two days, but I won't be doing that again anytime soon. I have a goal I am pursuing, and there is a reason that I am trying to lose weight. I hope everyone had a better on-track weekend than I did!! :)

Patty ~ Good for you for giving those cookies to your daughter to take out of the house!! And that's awesome about walking to the store to pick up any small items you may need. :bravo:

Monique
04-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Hey ladies! Hope you're all doing well. I'm back and ready for action. I did okay today on my first day back on plan.

Emme, love the new quotes in your siggy! :)

Monique

TooManyDimples
04-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Hey ladies, I hope everyone had a good start to the new week. I've had some personal stuff going on that's made things a little hard on me. A lot of it came to a head today and it's reflected in the fact that I let exercise and my water intake slide. The last few days my eating has been ok, I've been eating more carbs then I normally do though. Hopefully I can finish out the week good, especially since my mid-month weighin is coming up.

Time to get to bed. Night all!
~~~~~~~~~~

April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

11th ~ No exercise, bad me. 1600 calories. 64ish oz water

lisa34t
04-12-2011, 11:15 AM
OMG!!!! Its been way to long since I posted! WELL, this weekend I dont think I have been off track to bad, but TOM is here are ruining my victory as well. I realllly hate that!!!!!!!!! But any who, i have a goal of working out everyday this week (monday-sunday) Therefore on my next WI, I will hopefully be atleast 208!

Cynthia - Welcome:hug:

TooMany- I hope everything gets better and Im sure you will have a great remainder of the week for your WI.

Monique- Yay! Are you still doing IF? I really want to try but I need my breakfast!

Patty- Yay! That takes alot of will power to reject cookies! I keep cookies in my house even through my calorie counting , I make room for my 2 Almond cookies atleast twice a week!

GettinFit- How are ya?

Emme
04-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Kim ~ I hope you have an easier rest-of-the-week. I think it's neat that you track your exercise and water intake along with your calories. :)

Lisa ~ Ugh, the dreaded TOM...gotta love it, right?!

Hey, Monique! Hope you are having a good day!

How is everyone else doing?

I have been keeping a sharp eye on my calories since I supremely overindulged this past weekend, so I'm hoping that if I have a gain on my WI on Friday, that it won't be too, too bad. I need to keep my weekends in check...they can really be hard for me!

Monique
04-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Lisa, I JUST sort of got back into IF but it's good. I gotta get back into that weight-watching and exercise groove again. LOL...it's hard but you have to keep on moving forward :) TOM has arrived for me today....BOOOOOO! LOL.

Anyway, about IF...the beauty of it is YOU decide how many hours a day or week you will fast and WHEN you will do it. So if having your "eating window" in the morning works better for you then definitely you can do that. Some people like to do their eating in the morning...some people can wait a little longer and eat later :).

Anyway, I'm starting to get cramps so I'm gonna go relax. You all take care.

Monique

TooManyDimples
04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
April Goals:
Lose at least 8lbs

12th ~ 26 miles biked. 1555 calories. 100oz water

GettinFit
04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Good morning ladies,

I'm sorry I've been AWOL for a few days but I have been so busy at work that I've not had time to log on. At home I'm busy getting my house ready for company next week. I've done pretty good with my eating but I really need to get back to working out. My body feel's yukky when I'm not exercising. I'm planning to do a video when I get home today. I will catch up on personals later.

Have a great Wednesday everyone:D

Emme
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
GettinFit ~ Good to hear from you!! Happy hump day :)

Kim ~ How long does it take you to bike 26 miles? I enjoy biking, but have never gone that far!

TooManyDimples
04-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I decided last weekend to go to my parents over my daughter's spring break, which starts this weekend. I've been running around getting a bunch of stuff done so my exercise is suffering a little. I'm probably not going to get any in today either.

Emme, I have a stationary bike and what I'll do is put in a movie and bike for a good portion of it. It really makes the time fly by. That 26 miles took about an hour and a half.

~~~~~~~~~~~

12th ~ 26 miles biked. 1555 calories. 100oz water
13th ~ No exercise, bad bad me. 1585 caories. 94oz water

Emme
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Kim ~ That's really cool. I bet your legs feel so great when you are done! My legs are my problem areas ~ I've always hated my inner and outer thighs, and my knees...I seem to hold a lot of fat around them. Good for you for being able to do 26 miles!! That's impressive.

Emme
04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
TGIF, everyone! "It's Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday" (if you don't know that song, please google it or watch it on YouTube...horrible, horrible song and video, but it's so damn catchy!!).

I WI this morning at 181.0 which is the same as it was last Friday. I am so thankful for that because I was honestly expecting a gain from all the oinking I did last weekend. I'm going to tighten up my calories and drop them down to 1600 and see how that goes. I've been doing 1700-1850 for the past 14 pounds and I am going to readjust now that I have lost some weight. I hope everyone has a nice Friday...it's been kind of quiet around here for the past few days...how is everyone doing?

GettinFit
04-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Happy Friday ladies,

I hope everyone is having a great day. I took the day off work so it's a great one for me. I went shopping this morning and treated myself to 2 new handbags and a new laptop. I just needed some me time today and already I feel better. This past week wasn't as good as last week but I am going to make next week a great one. It shouldn't be as stressful at work so I will be able to check in here more often.

Kim - I hope you have a great time at your parents and congrats on 26 miles!

Emme - Glad you didn't have a gain this week. I bet you'll have a big loss next week. I promise to post more next week. I really miss when I don't.

Have a great weekend everyone.

GettinFit
04-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Good morning,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and are doing good with your weight loss goals. Today is the day that I stay 100% OP. I am sick and tired of falling off the wagon on the weekends. I am also tired of my clothes fitting too tight. I keep on wearing the same few pairs of pants over and over and it's a shame because I have so many that don't fit. A good 20 pounds would remedy that issue.

I hope you all have a great week too.

Emme
04-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi GettinFit ~ Good for you for treating yourself to two new handbags and a laptop! Sounds like that was a fun day. :) I am with you on being sick and tired of falling off the wagon on the weekends. It helps me to check in here and read threads on the weekends because then it keeps me motivated, but I didn't do that too much over the past few weekends. You can do it, even though it can be really hard at times. This is the first weekend in a long time that I have stayed within my calorie range. It is a constant fight and the day is not over yet, but I'll just have to try my hardest. Good luck to you! :)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We're halfway through April...can you believe it?!?!

Monique
04-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey ladies...I've been slacking with checking in but I'm still here. LOL. I can't lie, I have yet to give my diet my all...I don't know what is wrong with me. I guess before, I was trying to look good for my cruise, which made a difference. LOL. Anyway, I went grocery shopping for my healthier foods so that will help me. So, starting tomarrow, I'm gonna jump back into IF and practice eating ONLY in my eating window.

Monique

lisa34t
04-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello Ladies,

WI today at 211.6....I too have been slacking on eating, excerising and checking in here. But SPING BREAK is finally here and only 2 more weeks of class. Therefore I will be hitting my calorie counting & exercise really hard this week. Easter is Sunday and due to TOM and a weeks after , I only lost 2lbs, which means I wont make my Easter Goal but hopefully by the 30 I will be there. I want to enter May already in onderland.

Monique- Having the right foods in my fridge always help me, kinda gives you no choice but to eat right!

Ladies, have a great day!

GettinFit
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Good morning ladies,

Emme - Great job - staying within your calorie range. Saturday wasn't so good but I did okay yesterday. Today I will stay OP and I will workout. I know exercise will help me stay in control.

Monique - I know just how you feel. I was so motivated from Dec to March and I just can't seem to get back in that groove. If we keep trying I know we'll get back to where we need to be.

Lisa - Congrats on your 2 pound loss. I'm sure you'll make your goal if you give it your all. Hang in there.

Like Monique, I need to do some food shopping today. I had nothing for lunch so I'll have to get something from the cafeteria. It will be a challenge for me this weekend because I'll have company but I'm planning to cook as healthy as possible and try and avoid eating out.

I hope we all have a great week!

Monique
04-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Congrats, Lisa.

GettinFit, yeah...a few of us are in the same boat. Today, I'm doing well staying on plan so I'm starting to feel the groove again. It just takes one full day of me staying on track and then from there, I'm good. Take care, Beauties.

Monique

GettinFit
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Monique - Good to hear that you're getting back on track and had a good day today. I finally got my butt up and worked out today and I did good with eating. I'm hoping to have another good day tomorrow. We just have to take it one day at a time.

I hope everyone else had a great day.

lisa34t
04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
Yayyy!

Im so glad to hear that we had a great April 18th! I stayed on plan and walked today!

Emme
04-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi ladies ~ It sounds like everyone is doing really well! I was OP on Sunday until I had a freaking small twist cone dipped in chocolate at my favorite little ice cream shop...WTF...that's all I have to say about that....moving on...

Mondays are soooo welcomed by me because it means I'm back in a routine and my eating is a lot easier. I'm off of work from tomorrow until next Tuesday, so I am going to really keep an eye on myself at home. I have a feeling that I will be checking into 3FC a lot and dancing around my house if I get into some snacky moods. Hope everyone is having a good day!

GettinFit
04-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Hello ladies,

It's so nice that we're all back on track. I hope we all have a great week.

So far so good for me. I finally got my workout done yesterday and it felt really good. I plan on sticking with it today too.

Grace73
04-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Good Morning!
Wow this is the kind of support I need. I guess its too late for me to join in for april goals.. will their be a may one i could join?
:)

GettinFit
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone - Happy Hump Day!

fridayangel - It's never too late to join and set goals for the rest of the month. Just jump on in. We look forward to hearing about your successes.

Well - I've got 3 good days under my belt and 2 days of exercising. I'm slowly getting back in my groove and it feels so good. My challenge will be to get through this weekend okay with my family visiting me. If I can do that then I know I'm on my way. My Mom eats very healthy so that should help. I do plan on baking my dad a cake that my granny used to make for us when she was alive but I can and will stay in control with it.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Emme
04-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Welcome, Fridayangel! Like GettinFit said, jump in! There are still 10 days left in April and you can always set some kind of goal. We will have a May thread, too.

GettinFit ~ You mentioned you are going to make a cake for your dad. Is it a cake that requires oil? You can substitute applesauce for oil and it's a ton less calories and fat. I do that constantly with my cakes and cupcakes and people always comment on how moist and delicious they are...people never even know!

Monique
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome, fridayangel. Yes, jump on in. Always look for the "Autumn Beauties" each month. Those are our threads. Unless anyone else would like to start the may thread, I will be happy to write it up.

Anyway, things are going great with my diet. I'm on day three and down two pounds from my vacation weight gain. I actually haven't been working out. I'm gonna do an experiment and just focus on the diet for at least one month and see how that goes.

Have a good day, Beauties.

Monique

GettinFit
04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Emme - I may try using applesauce instead of butter. Thanks for the reminder!

Monique - Great job on making day 3. Hang in there and let's make a full week.

So far so good for me today.

Emme
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Monique ~ It's been said that weight loss is 80% eating and 20% physical activity. I've read a lot of peoples' stories on the board saying they lost a ton of weight just watching what they ate and then they slowly incorporated exercise.

Grace73
04-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Thank you so much ladies for letting me join in!!

My Goals For April..

1. Drink water
2. Avoid BREAD/SWEETS
3. Walk at least 5x a week at 3 miles a shot!
4. Dont give up no matter what!

Have a wonderful day girls!

GettinFit
04-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

Friday - Your goals for April look great! I hope you do very well in reaching them. Let us know how you do.

I'm working on day 5 being back OP. I was tempted to get a muffin for b'fast this morning but instead, I stuck to my plan of Greek yogurt, coffee & fruit.

I hope we all have an awesome day.

Monique
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
GettinFit, Emme...great job staying on track. One more pound to go and I'm down to 212 again after my vacation weight gain. My TOM ended days ago and with that water weight, I was at 221! So it's definitely nice to see 213 today. I absolutely love intermittent fasting. I can eat what ever I want every day within a five hour period and lose weight more quickly than I ever have before. Not much effort required...no thinking...I love it.

Fridayangel, great goals. I look forward to seeing you continue checking in with us and reaching your goals.

Emme, you're right about the 80% diet and 20% exercise thing. It makes a lot of sense. I used to wonder why I would put so much effort into working out and not see change quickly enough. A friend of mine who is a health freak, always going to the gym and lifting weights told me that you actually don't have to work out at all to lose weight.

Anyway, back to work for me....everyone have a good day on plan.

Monique

Emme
04-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Friday ~ Sweets and bread are two of my major downfalls...give me a nice loaf of bread with butter any day and I'll have half the loaf gone in 5 minutes. Great goals!

GettinFit ~ Good for you for sticking with your regular breakfast! It can be so easy to deviate...good work! :)

pattypaw
04-21-2011, 11:38 PM
I haven't been here in forever it seems! I started working last week after staying at home with my baby for the last 2 years. It's only part time but I hate leaving her. But the good news is, it's less time sitting at home on my butt eating. My weigh in this morning was 205....i was so excited! I have to read through the last 2 pages of this thread to catch up but i hope everybody's doing great!!

Grace73
04-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!
Good Friday ( I try to avoid meat on good friday) but i dont want to over do on carbs.. going to look in to fish.. I hope everyone has a great day!!!

PattyPaw.. thats the only reason i enjoy going to work. keeps me out of the kitchen!!! good luck on your job!!

Grace73
04-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I walke da few miles this week.. I need to push myself more. after work i was so tired...
Going to try to watch my carbs today. whil ei avoid meat for good friday.

Patty paw.. Thats one reason im happy to go to work. avoid the food. But Good luck with your job!!

Have a GREAT Friday!

Emme
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi Patty! I know what you mean about being at work = not eating as much. I get into a routine during the work week with my eating and the weekends are hard for me b/c I'm not on my routine. But, I'm trying to make a routine to stick to during the weekend as well. It's so nice that you were able to stay home with your child for two years! I'm wondering once we start having kids if I will be the kind of person who wants to stay home or wants to go back to work.

Friday ~ Good for you for sticking with no red meat on Good Friday...I can't believe Easter is this weekend already!

My WI was this morning and I was finally able to break through the 180s. Granted, I weighed-in at 179.4 yesterday and 179.8 this morning, so it's still reaaaalllly close to 180, but I'm counting it as being out of the 180s. :) I hope everyone has a great day!

Grace73
04-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Good MOrning Ladies..
In case im too busy tomorrow.. Happy Easter! enjoy your day..

I walked 3.14 miles this morning. Felt like 5 or more... but when i tracked it online thats what it said.. oh well.. lol

I hope everyone has a good and positive day!

pattypaw
04-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Happy Easter! I hope you all have a wonderful day xoxoxox

Emme
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Happy Easter, everyone. Enjoy the glorious day (and allow yourself a little bit of a treat -- I am, anyway!! LOL!!). :)

Monique
04-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Happy Easter, Autumn Beauties. Keep up the great work, ladies. I had a nice two days off work and I must be doing well because my teenage sisters noticed right away yesturday, wow, you lost a lot of weight!"...but really all I did was lose the weight I gained back during vacation. Haha. So great to be back in the weight loss groove again. Take care, ladies.

Monique

SMSDREAMER2007
04-25-2011, 04:48 AM
Hey, this looks great! I think I will join you....Since april is almost over though, I will do my goals in may when that thread comes up! ;)

Grace73
04-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Good Morning

It was nice having 3 days off..

Had a nice quiet easter... now back to work!
i dont think i over ate either..

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

GettinFit
04-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone :wave:

I hope all had a great OP weekend.

Welcome SMSDREAMER2007. Why not set your goals for the week and join in today. I look forward to hearing about your successes.

Friday - Great job on not overeating during the weekend!

Monique - Glad to hear you're back on track and what a nice compliment from your younger sister. Keep up the great work.

Emme - How was your weekend?

Lisa - How'd you do over the weekend? You have been doing an awesome job.

Patty - I hope you had a great weekend too!

My weekend was good. I had family visiting and they left this morning. Now it's back to my normal routine. I am really excited to get strict with my calorie counting again. I was so motivated by my Mom. She started out a few years ago at 235 and she's 170 now and look amazing. I was joking with her about her tiny little waist (wishing mine looked like that). There is no way I can let my Mom be smaller than me!!! She really want to see me and my sister stick with our programs, lose the weight and be healthy.

I need to start logging my food again for accountability.

Today's journal:
B: large orange, greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Chicken breast, salad w/ff raspberry viniagrette dressing, 1 pc dark choc
S: Popcorn, coffee
D: Chicken, yellow & green squash
Exercise: TBD

Emme
04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Good morning, everyone! Sounds like everyone had a really nice weekend. I am off today because I work for a Catholic university and they recognize the day after Easter as our holiday day off, so I am going on day #6 of not being in my routine at work (I've been off since last Wednesday). I ate some gooooood food on Saturday and Sunday, and my weight stayed below 180 which I was really hoping for. I'm going to try to stick to my "if I was at work, this is how I would be eating" routine today. Happy Monday to all...a few more days left of April...wow!!

GettinFit
04-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Emme - Congrats on being in the 170s!!! :bravo::cp::cb::woohoo:
You are so close to making 100 pounds lost!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Gettin fit..hmmm never thought about it that way...Looks like you all are doing great here! Right here goes......

My Last week of april challenge
1. Eat OP every day, try to lose 2 lbs
2. I'd like to workout 3 times this week, however just recovering from my week from **** so I will settle for 1 or 2
3. I will visit this thread probably every day
4. I'd like to track my inches, my waist is currently 45"

GettinFit
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Great goals SMSDREAMER2007! You can make it :cheer:

I have had a great day. The best in a long time. Now I just have to make it through tonight after I get home. I CAN DO IT!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
we need a like button for when we like someones post. i like yours gettinfit!

GettinFit
04-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Good evening everyone,

I've made it through the evening :carrot: I stuck to my plan of chicken & squash for dinner and a popcorn snack (1/2 of a mini bag). I had 1 serving of nuts to add some calories and still was about 200 calories short of my 1600. I hope everyone else ended strong.

Emme
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
SMSDreamer ~ You have some great goals! :)

GettinFit ~ I'm glad you had a solid, strong end to the day. You are doing really great! :)

I think something is going on with me emotionally. I think I am self-sabotaging myself. When I was in the 170s over 10 years ago, I was in a very different spot in my life. I was partying hard with no responsibilities and my life pretty much sucked. I think subconsiously my brain is freaking out because being in the 170s reminds me of it and how horrible it was. I kinda pigged out today (not horribly, but I definitely wasn't on my calorie-counting track). Sorry to vent. I'm just having a rough night. I will snap out of this. I'm just freaking out for some reason.

GettinFit
04-25-2011, 10:49 PM
Emme - I just replied to your other post re this.

Emme
04-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Emme - I just replied to your other post re this.

Thanks for replying to the much-extended-version of this, GettinFit. :) I just needed to write it out and vent. Get it out of my system somehow. I am still thinking about that damn bowl of popcorn, but I'm refusing to leave the couch. Thank you for always being so supportive -- I am going to go read some success stories...good suggestion...it's nice to see that it can be done. I'm so thankful for you and for everyone on this board...it's nice to be a part of a supportive community. :hug:

GettinFit
04-26-2011, 10:15 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Are we ready for an awesome Tuesday?

Emme - I hope you made it through the night okay and didn't give in the the buttered popcorn. Sometimes those food cravings can be so intense. You have done an awesome job with your weight loss and YOU are a success story too.

I hope everyone else ended the day strong. I can't believe April is almost over. The year is flying by and my plan was to be at my first goal of 170 by then. I don't know if I can be there but I will get as close as I can.

Have a great OP day ladies.

Today's journal
B: Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal, skim milk, coffee w/flavored creamer
S: strawberries, greek yogurt, WW snack bar, 1 serv nuts
L: Chicken, squash, dark choc.
D: Shrimp, squash, 2 pcs dark choc
Exercise: Hip Hop Abs

Emme
04-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Morning! I did manage to avoid the huge bowl of buttered popcorn, thank goodness. I'm not feeling well today and I am waiting for TOM, so I hope it gets here so this nausea goes away...or it could be from the 6 brownies and 4 cookies I crammed into my mouth yesterday! ;)

I hope everyone has a great week. I am happy to be back at work today and back into my routine. Blessings to all on this great day! Let's make it a good one!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Afternoon! After my two days of to much wheat pasta, I am back on track. Ate the rest of the easter salad for breakfast/lunch (I woke up at 10:45 am) dried cranberries, strawberries, almonds, cucumber, mushrooms and organic baby greens does my sister know how to make a salad or what? hehehe

Emme
04-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Dreamer ~ That does sound like an awesome salad! It helps when people around us make good, healthy food, doesn't it? :)

SMSDREAMER2007
04-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Definately, that was the only "healthy" thing though...she's the only one of them that eats like i do problem is, she lives an hr away LOL

GettinFit
04-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Good evening ladies,

Dreamer, I hope you had a great day being back on track. Your Sis's salad does sound yummy.

Emme, I hope your day was better than yesterday. Did the cravings go away? Hopefully after TOM you'll be okay. I can't wait 'til you reach that 100 pound mark. We'll have to celebrate :carrot::cb::broc:

I had another awesome day. It's amazing how my appetite goes away when I'm watching the sugar & carbs. This morning I did have Quaker weight control oatmeal but it didn't cause any cravings. I did a Hip Hop Abs workout this evening. I just need to stay focused and be prepared to deal with the next plateau.

Have a great evening everyone.

Emme
04-26-2011, 09:45 PM
GettinFit ~ Yes, today was much better than yesterday...still moody, but still waiting on darn TOM! It's so neat that you have noticed that your appetite goes away when you watch your sugar and carbs! How was the hip hop abs workout? Was it a killer or was it bearable?

SMSDREAMER2007
04-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Had a very good day today I even got 16 mins done on the bike over what usd to be huffing and puffing at 5 mins :D going to bed soon im so tired. Enjoyed my class tonight immensly!

GettinFit
04-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

Glad we all had a good day yesterday and hopefully we'll do the same today.

Monique, Lisa & Patty - We miss you. I hope you're all doing okay.

Emme - Yep the Hip Hop Abs workout was a lot of fun and a good workout. Today I'm planning to tackle TurboFire. We'll see how it goes.

This time around I'm not going to focus so much on the scale. Instead of weighing daily, I am going to try weighing once a week (on Friday morning) and if that get's too stressful, I'll do every 2 weeks. The scale is what has sabatoged my weight loss success in the past. I tend to get too caught up with in. I know that if I stay within my calorie range and workout a few days a week, my body will shrink.

Have a great day everyone ;)

TooManyDimples
04-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Hey Ladies!!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I was super busy the week before my vacation, then being on vacation, and then I've been super busy since getting back. =)

I hope everyone is doing great! I'm getting back into the swing of things myself.

Emme
04-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Kim! I hope you had a great vacation! I bet it was wonderful to get away.

GettinFit ~ Don't let the scale get you down -- that was one thing that affected me, too. I would weigh in, get disappointed at the number, and then give up. Scales play such a psychological role in weight loss, and it's not always our friend. Just look at the scale as a guide, not an enemy -- easier said than done, I know! Focus on eating healthy and staying in your calorie range and the pounds will drop! :)

GettinFit
04-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Emme. That's what I'm gonna do.

Kim - Welcome back and I hope you had a great vacation!

Forgot to post my food:
B: banana, 1/2 serv skim milk, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Salad with 2 chicken tenders, feta cheese & raspberry vinaigrette dressing, 3 pcs dark choc
S: WW snack bar, greek yogurt, grapes, 1 serving of nuts
D: Turkey on sandwich round, progresso soup
Exercise: Turbo Fire

SMSDREAMER2007
04-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Way to go gettinfit! thats a great idea with the scale, I weight weekly, sometimes I sneak the scale in during the week, but I take the sun morning number as my official weight!

GettinFit
04-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Evening Beauties,

I hope everryone had another great day. I had another 100 % OP day. I ate as planned and I did a Firm workout and got in a 15 min walk. I can't wait to get a few more pounds lost on my ticker:dizzy:

Have a great evening ladies.

pattypaw
04-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi ladies! My scale read 202.4 this morning!!! After i weighed myself 3 more times to be sure it wasn't a mistake I was so excited.
This site has been a big part of my weight loss journey this time around. I have learned so many things i never knew just by reading posts and theres so much support and encouragement. So I wanna say thank you!

GettinFit
04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
:woohoo::congrat: Patty! You are soooo close to onederland girl. Save me a spot when you get there :carrot:. I can't wait to be where you are. I agree with you that this site motivates me so much too.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

GettinFit
04-28-2011, 10:27 AM
My journal for today

B: grapes, greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer
S: Special K snack protein bar, popcorn, coffee, 1 serv nuts
L: turkey on sandwich round w/1tsp lite mayo & sl rf cheese, salad w/Ken's light honey mustard dressing, 2 pcs dark choc
D: chicken breast, squash
Exercise: walk 30 mins

Emme
04-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Good morning, everyone! GettinFit ~ your menus look so delicious! Good for you for staying OP!

Patty ~ That's awesome!!! You need to change your profile to update the 209 to a 202! ;)

Monique ~ Are you going to start a thread for May in the next few days? There are only two days left of April...can you believe it?

I stayed OP yesterday even after making 45 cookies, 24 cupcakes, and icing. I brought them in to work today for Administrative Assistant week, and I didn't have one cookie or cupcake. Whew!

Monique
04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Welcome back, Kim. Emme, GettinFit, Lisa, PattyPaw and the rest of you beauties. Hope you're all well. Just popping in to say hello.....I will write up the new thread asap. Gotta go to work....

Monique

GettinFit
04-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Great job Emme! What willpower you have:carrot:

Hi Monique - How are you doing?

Emme
04-29-2011, 10:12 AM
TGIF, beautiful ladies! It is bright and sunny here today (finally -- it's been in the 40s & 50s and overcast all week). Started TOM this morning (blech), but lost 1/2 a pound at my WI this morning, so I can't complain. I need strength to get through this weekend. I need to take it an hour at a time it seems, and I just need to stick to my guns. How is everyone else doing?

GettinFit
04-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Good morning Emme and all you Beauties, Happy Friday!!!

Congrats Emme on your loss this week. You are getting closer to your 100 pound mark. Let's challenge each other to stay on track this weekend. The weekends have been very hard for me and since I've had such a great week, I don't want to blow it this weekend. I'm planning to try some new recipes over the weekend.

I hope everyone else has a great day.

I'm off work today and I just finished a Firm workout. I'm hoping to get in a short walk later today as well.

Today's journal
B: 2/3 C grits, 1 sl cheese, 2 strips bacon (baked & drained), coffee
L: Subway Veggie Sub, baked chips, dark choc
S: 1 serv wheat crackers, red wine (evening)
D: Roast chicken breast w/asparagas & potatoes
Exercise: Firm Cardio Party

Emme
04-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Let's challenge each other to stay on track this weekend. The weekends have been very hard for me and since I've had such a great week, I don't want to blow it this weekend. I'm planning to try some new recipes over the weekend.

Yes! I am with you! I just realized that it's May in two days (I mean, I knew it was going to be May, but I just realized, OMG, it actually is going to be May), which means I need to get my butt in gear. My goal is to be at goal by July 31st and I need to get cracking! LOL! We can do this!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-29-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree with the challenging each other to stay on track over the weekends! I am currently doing the 100 days 100% challenge, so I am DEFO on board! Did jm 30 day shred last night level one and HOOOWEEEEE was it hard! LOL didn't look hard but it was!

Emme
04-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree with the challenging each other to stay on track over the weekends! I am currently doing the 100 days 100% challenge, so I am DEFO on board! Did jm 30 day shred last night level one and HOOOWEEEEE was it hard! LOL didn't look hard but it was!

Yes, the JM 30 day shred is brutal! Might need to bust out that DVD again...it's been a loooooong time since I've done it...for good reason! LOL! :)

GettinFit
04-29-2011, 04:29 PM
OK SMS & Emme - We are going to stay on track this weekend. If either of us are tempted to slip, let's remember our challenge here. I won't let you ladies down and I will be sure to report in regularly.

So far I've had a good day. I went to the outlet mall and I parked my car on the end and walked for about 30 mins.

I had a Subway Veggie Delight sub for lunch & baked lays chips.

Stay strong ladies!!! We're going to do this.

pattypaw
04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
count me in on the weekend challenge....i'm absolutely terrible on weekends :?:

Emme
04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
Looks like we are all in it together this weekend, which is awesome. I'm so glad we all have each other to lean on. :)

GettinFit ~ I love those kind of walks...where it's different scenery and you can take in new things.

Good luck to us all this weekend...I'm sure I'll be posting!!

GettinFit
04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Patty - Glad you're joining in too! Come Monday morning, we're all going to be able to say "we did it".

Tonight I made a recipe that was sooooo good. It's one I found in a Weight Watchers Cooking for 2 cookbook. Since it's only 2 servings, I don't have to worry about overeating. It's roasted chicken with asparagus & potatoes.

Emme
04-30-2011, 10:06 AM
Good morning, lovelies! :)

Don't forget that this is weekend is an official OP weekend! :) Check in here if you are having a weak moment...I'm sure I will be!

TooManyDimples
04-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey ladies. Things have been rough for me. First I was on vacation where it was pretty easy to eat off plan things. Then when I got back I had a lot going on, and then my period started. It's been hard. Today we're going to a BBQ at a friends. I'm one of those people who likes doing my over eating and bad eating in private so today will probably end up being a better day then the last few have been. I'm not looking forward to my weighin tomorrow. I'm worried that I actually undid the good I did for the first half of the month and might actually be up from my weighin on April 1st. Plus since the heat has set in I know my body is now holding more water then it was during the colder months so I already have that against me. Blah! I'm determined to get back on track for May.

Is someone going to start the new thread for May? =)

Grace73
04-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Hello Ladies..
This was a stressful week for me. i didnt do any excerise. I get so depressed.
I got a second wing.. Even thou my period is due.. and im so bloated!
I did 3 miles this morning and im going to try again. I am on vacation first week in July I NEED to drop 10-15 pounds!
Going to AVOID pasta and bread this week! and hope for the best..
Plus Tues is my 8 yr Wedding anniversary!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Gettinfit sounds like a plan! and WTG on the nsv!!

Patty - YAY!!! we can do this!

Toomany- You can do this girl...keep working at it, we all make slip ups, time to get back o the wagon!!!

fRIDAY - you can do itt!!!! AND CONGRATS ON 8 YEARS!

Just checking in here - waking up really LOL having pizza tonight (which was planned) so I will just be grazing on fruit and veg all day to make up for it. LOL hey, it works right?

GettinFit
04-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello ladies,

Emme - Thanks to our weekend challenge, I'm doing good. I was tempted earlier today to eat some junk food but I remembered that I would have to report back to you ladies so I resisted.

Kim - I hope your W/I isn't as bad as you think. I'm the same way in the heat. I tend to retain fluid even though I take a fluid pill. I hope you have a better May. Enjoy the BBQ. I will go ahead and start May's thread.

SMS - Yep whatever works for you. Enjoy your Pizza tonight.

Friday - I hope next week is better for you too.

I've had a good day. I did a 30 min walk today and eating has been good. I'm determined to make it through the entire weekend OP.

My journal for today:

B: McDonald's Oatmeal, small coffee
S: orange, granola bar, almonds
L: Subway Veggie Sub
D: Whole grain pasta w/light pasta sauce, veggies & chicken
Exercise: Walk 30 mins