Weight Loss Support - Weekly weigh in with other details

tanstaafl
03-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Week 0

This is my first day, so I'll not call it week one. Week one will be my first weigh in. I've been eating so much lately, and much of it high calorie food that is causing me to gain weight, much to my alarm. Starting today, I will try to eat around 1200 calories a day, focusing on fresh food - y'know, really healthy.

Also, I'll be tracking my exercise for progress there. I'm excited.

As an aside, I wanted to include a cute little tracker, but was not permitted the high honor of my very own signature since I'm a mere newcomer. I made some snarky comments to that end in my introduction on the intro board. Ha ha (it does tick me off though).

Good luck to me and to everyone else here!

Andrbeck
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
good for you! :) and welcome :)

niafabo
03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
welcome to the forumn and good luck!

p.s. don't get mad at the moderators it only makes sense for them to make people wait 20 days before they get a ticker. 1. when they do get one they will have a nice loss to show on it 2. a lot of people don't stick to it for 20 days and its probably just easier on the server to let just the people who are serious about weightloss have one.

MusicalJess
03-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Hey. And good luck. :D

Its poo about the 20 day wait thing... but niafabo is right, when we get one we'll be able to show off how much we've lost already :D

Andrbeck
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
I am really excited to FINALLY get a ticker also! I think I will get mine next week :) You also have to have 20 posts (i think)

niafabo
03-30-2011, 03:24 PM
oh and tanstaafl i just realized your goal would put you in the underweight category for your BMI. you may wanna aim for a few pounds more than that because your likely to lose a few more pounds when you first begin maintaining. being underweight has almost as many health risks as being obese does so i just want you to be careful.

Ana Chambers
03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Good luck with your journey! If you've got the drive, nothing can stop you! (Not even slip-ups -- just pick yourself up and get right back on it!)

lucysam77
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
First of all: Congrats!!!! You've decided to start this journey, that takes a lot of courage....

2dn... WELCOME!!!! here you'll find amazing women who can give you support and motivation!!!...

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slide-jump/lb/200/140/175/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

tanstaafl
03-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Wow, how nice of all of you to send me such nice responses. Good luck to all of you and thanks for the motivating words!

Ana Chambers, thanks for the strong motivating words. We're gonna bulldoze our way to fantastic leanness!

lucysam77 - beautiful words, wonderful welcome. Thanks!

Adrebeck, MusicalJess - glad you're getting your tickers soon :)

niafabo - Thanks for your words of advice. I'm not mad at the admins - it's just I thought it seemed rather precious to insist upon 20 messages AND 20 days, like it's some sort of gladiator initiation or something. Anyway it's just my sense of humor. I'm not trying to be subversive. Moreover, I'm thankful for the opportunity to post here (and after 20 days and 20 posts this site will have the airtight evidence it needs to concede that I'm not a spammer ;))

Regarding my weight goal, I'm aware that it is a touch underweight, but I kind of think I may be exaggerating the goal slightly since I love to do whatever I do in a huge way - so what I mean is that if I had a goal of just 10 pounds (which would make me happy to start with), it wouldn't seem as interesting to me and I may lose motivation. This is kind of a psych trick I thought up for myself. It reminds me of how I like to read stories and see pictures of folks who've lost 100 pounds or something, but wouldn't be as interested in an article about someone who lost 15. Does that make any sense? Maybe not, but I'll probably be tweaking my goals and stuff along the way. On this topic a ticker would be helpful right now (ahem).

Thanks so much for the feedback and do have a wonderful evening! :D

tanstaafl
03-31-2011, 10:07 AM
I lost more than 4 pounds on my first day! I ate 1255 calories and did a one hour Bar Method home dvd workout. So at this rate, it will take me 10 days to get to my goal weight. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. I think my start weight was artificially high as I indulged way too much the day before. Here's to a good day of sensible dieting and exercise for today. I won't be weighing in every day. I just wanted a bit of a kick start in encouragement with this process and decided to weigh myself this morning to that end.

Great day to everyone.

Ana Chambers
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow! That must feel great to see such immediate results! I lost my first ten pounds in the first month, and I attribute it to mostly water weight (I replaced all beverages with water, best decision made thus far, I believe). Since then, the weight loss has tapered but is holding steady. Keep sticking to your calories and moving your body and the weight will keep flying off!

tanstaafl
04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Yesterday I did 30 minutes of cardio exercise. My cardio is usually a 30 to 40 minute run on the elliptical, but for reasons of busy-ness, I stayed home from the gym yesterday and instead put on some great music at 10:24 pm, and danced like a crazy woman until a couple minutes to 11 :dizzy: That felt so good.

It did feel good to lose a bunch on the first day. Thanks, Ana Chambers! I know that pace will come to a screeching halt, because it must (human physiology just won't follow my wishes - ha ha). By the way, congratulations to you!! You've lost 20 pounds according to your profile info :D That accomplishment must feel great, hey?!

tanstaafl
04-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Exercise: Bar Method Change your Body dvd
Calories: I went over by a little bit, but not too much. Where I failed was in not logging what I ate. I was kind of grazing yesterday and couldn't possibly itemize my food since I can't really remember.

I went to the ballet yesterday :dance:

bellaella
04-02-2011, 02:51 PM
good luck!!! you can do it!

tanstaafl
04-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks, bellaella! I love your name ;)

Yesterday I ran on the elliptical for 33 minutes and it said I burned 440 calories (but I don't actually trust those readouts). Today has to be good, I'm getting close to week 1 weigh in.

Have a great day all.

K9Owner
04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Okie Dokie!
I don't feel quite so bad. I wanted a ticker--made one actually--but it wouldn't allow me to post it! (boo)

But, I'll not :tantrum: since I am able to use all the cute emotes!

WoW! 20 posts as well! I have 20 lbs to lose. At least it's congruent! :D

tanstaafl
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Hiya, K9Owner! You used the emotes very well (and by the way, I love the word congruent :)) You will lose those 20 pounds, and you'll look and feel great!!! I like posting my progress here. It seems to help. I was thinking of just writing everything down in a notebook, but it's more fun here, since I see all sorts of other people succeeding in their own quest for weight loss, and it spurs me on.

I still think the 20 days and 20 posts until you graduate to a ticker seems a little silly and unnecessary. So somebody has a ticker and then (gasp!) starts spamming. At that point they and their glorious ticker would simply be deleted and blocked - problem solved :dizzy:

So yesterday was great. I stayed on my diet, but cheated just a little when my husband bought me a small blizzard from Dairy Queen. Man that was good! However, unlike before, I didn't use that as an excuse to say, oh well - my diet's blown, might as well blow it some more. No, no, no! I just enjoyed it and ate very light and healthy the rest of the day. Also, I did my Bar Method dvd in the evening. That's my third time now. I'm going to see if it works. The exercises are supposed to make you look longer and leaner. Hope so.:cheer3:

tanstaafl
04-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm feeling excited about my first weigh-in. Funny, eh? Yesterday I took a class at the gym called Total Body Cardio and Strength. It was intense. I felt knocked out. I liked it, but I must be out of shape for that type of work-out, because I got a migraine after it was over. :faint:

Tuca125
04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome ... i invite you to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/ it sound like you are one of us.

tanstaafl
04-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks, wfonseca3017! I'll come and check it out. It's very kind of you to invite me :)

tanstaafl
04-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Yesterday I ate quite light in anticipation of this morning. I also once more did the dvd workout I've been doing this past week (my fourth time already!).

Weight today: 136

This is a loss of 6 pounds total for week 1. Most of the pounds came off the first day since the day before I ate so much I was almost sick - and disgusted enough with myself to make a radical change. Now I'm happy with myself, but want to keep up the radical change. The one thing I did not do this entire week was give in to any binge eating. I don't think I've gone over a week without one glorious binge for a long time.

So I'm ready for week 2 now. :cool:

Start: 142 (Mar. 30)
Week 1: 136

tanstaafl
04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Yesterday I went to a birthday party at my in law's place. I love going there, however there is always lots of food, wine, dessert, snacks - all very tasty and also quite nutritious (that part is good). We do this often, and usually I gain a pound the next morning and feel like I shouldn't eat all day. My mindset was to put higher amounts of vegetables on my plate, and small servings of the high cal stuff. Also, I had one glass of wine and a very small slice of birthday cake. I did not draw any attention to myself as one who is not eating this or that - nobody noticed (I was so subtle:devil:). Earlier in the day, I ate quite light in anticipation of the evening dinner party.

The upshot is that I neither gained an ounce nor lost an ounce from the day before. It can be done! I'm so happy about this. I've never before come away from a dinner party with my delightful family without that "gee, I overate" feeling before. This feels like a win.

tanstaafl
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I've still been trying to lose weight. It's hard, but worth it. I've not had the fast results I had hoped for, but the weight is coming off slooowly. This morning I weighed myself at 128.4 lbs. I always feel and look better when I get below 130. I may go back to weigh-ins on Wednesday mornings. Have a good day to all.

Beach Patrol
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
I've still been trying to lose weight. It's hard, but worth it. I've not had the fast results I had hoped for, but the weight is coming off slooowly. This morning I weighed myself at 128.4 lbs. I always feel and look better when I get below 130. I may go back to weigh-ins on Wednesday mornings. Have a good day to all.

YAY!!! and you can get a ticker now :D