Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs down TOM and weight loss.

I am new to the weight loss thing .. and I am on the implanon birth control. So my TOM is wacky and will be here for a few days. Gone for a month or two comes back for a week.. goes away for a day or five then back again.. Like I said WACKY... anyways.. I'm just wondering if anyone else is on a BC like this and how it affects their weight loss. Because I know your body will hold more water during TOM.
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

If you are just holding on to water because it's your TOM it shouldn't affect your weight loss at all. When your period is over you should drop the water weight and be right back to where you were before or less if you've been sticking to plan. While BC can increase your crazings for food it is not directly responsible for weight gain...
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I knew it wasnt responsible for weight gain.. I'm the one shoveling the food in haha but yeah I just didn't know if anyone else has a BC that has a wacky TOM. I just worry that I don't know my exact weight during the weeks where its on again off again so drastically. I am not even sure of how to know if I just lost water weight? is that when I have a huge drop in weight from 1 day to another?
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #4  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm not on BC but I definitely have a gain like clockwork a day or two before TOM shows up. Then I normally maintain that (maybe with some slight fluctuations) during my TOM. After it's over I drop (and normally see a nice drop on the scale too!).

If you're worried about it why not weigh every day and chart it for a couple of months? Then you can see how much your body fluctuates around your TOM to get an idea if it's just water weight or something else. For me I know gain about 2-3 lbs and if it's more than that than I might worry (unless I recently had a flight because that makes me retain water even more!!).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote