Exercise! - I ran 13.1 miles without stopping yesterday

milmin2043
03-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Hello,

I just wanted to share that I completed my first half marathon yesterday. My time was 2:18. I never stopped running. I had to look down to see if my legs were moving from time to time. It was kind of a surreal experience. I thought that I would be super exhausted at the end, but I wasn't. My legs felt a little rubbery and funny and today my muscles are stiff, but I am in no pain, which is incredible.

Last year at this time I couldn't run for a minute without stopping. I am so excited that I don't have words to describe it.

I have another half planned for May 1st and a full marathon in Dec. this year. Thank you to all you runners for the encouragement.

Streudel
03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
OMG!!!WTG!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

You should be so incredibly proud of yourself! I am so inspired by your story. Thanks for sharing! :D

midwife
03-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Fantastic!!!! :carrot: :bravo:

Eliana
03-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Oh wow! That's incredible! I'm so happy for you! I love that you had to look down to see if your legs were still moving. :D I think I understand that.

cherbear
03-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Amazing! Great job, that's such a milestone and and an achievement!

AriRuns
03-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Wow! Congrats!

As someone who just hit the one-mile mark, I can't comprehend adding 12 more, but seeing all of these success stories leads me to believe there is hope!

Great job :)

Eliochacon
03-29-2011, 08:31 AM
Congratulations. You should be very proud.:hug:

There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open

JenMusic
03-29-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm on Week 5 of the c25k right now, and feeling VERY intimidated by day 3's 20 minute run. Thank you for the inspiration!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! :)

LandonsBaby
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
That's great!!!!!!!!!!!

keraniluna
03-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Congratulations!!

I completed three half marathons last year, but all were run/walk, and my fastest was just under 3 hours. I hope to one day be able to run the whole thing! I just need to get motivated to train harder - the great weight loss you got along with being able to run that far is certainly motivating!

fatferretfanatic
03-30-2011, 12:10 AM
omg, good job! I hope to be in your shoes a year from now. I can't even run a full mile without stopping, but I'm getting there! Great job, and you're an inspiration!

milmin2043
03-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Thank you everyone.

A year ago, I could barely run for a minute either. However, years ago, before my Parkinson's diagnosis, I was training to run a marathon. So, apparently my body remembers, because I have really only been running consistently since September 2010.

All I can say is never underestimate yourself. We all have greatness in us just waiting to get out. I have never felt better, even with Parkinson's. I wish all of you the very best with your goals.

As for me, on to Marathon training...................

Trail Runner
03-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Congratulations!! My first half marathon was so much fun - I think I grinned from ear to ear the whole time. That's a great time for a first half too!