Weight Loss Support - Measurement question

View Full Version : Measurement question

03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi Guys,

I finally got my internet back so the first place I ran was 3FC! :D

Okay, this is driving me nuts because I can't find the answer anywhere.
What is the area of measurement above the chest (breasts) and below the shoulders? What is that called? I call it a torso measurement but I don't think that's correct. I am kinda a V shaped person, for instance, that area is 41 inches, chest is 44 inches :o and my hips are 38 inches. So you can visualize the V. I want to get the 41 inches down and I need to find an exercise routine to do that or I'll cross my fingers that it will go down with more weight loss. :D

Anyway, thanks for reading my ramble but does anyone know what that measurement is called?

03-28-2011, 05:52 PM
The one that you're asking about is the chest measurement.

I'm not sure where you are taking your "chest" measurement of 44 inches from. Are you sure you don't mean bust measurement?

If you Google sewing measurement you can find sites that will tell you where all the different measurements are taken from on the body.

DixC Chix
03-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Dusti - that's a measurement done for bra fitting. Instead of around and beneath the breasts then adding 2-4 inches for the band size (depending on what website you use) it is easier to just take the over the breasts but below the shoulders (through the armpit) and use that for the band size of the bra. It is not a standard measurement. For example 41 is rounded up to 42 and 44 around the chest is 2 inches larger so your cup size would be an B.

There is no spot reducing by exercise. The fat comes off all over your body. You can help the muscles (pecs) be stronger to support the breast tissue to be in better shape (higher up).