General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #1  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Default This is too unbelievable for words....

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...-grill&h=88aeb
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

for those who are weird about going through facebook: http://theweek.com/article/index/209...-attack-grill/

that's insane! D:
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Oh my god. Thats mad.
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

Unhappy

yeaaaah I seen this on the Doctors .. It's crazy! The owner said it's his form of "shock therapy". He's supposed to have been a personal trainer before ..

Oh & the spokesman DIED of a heartattach .. WTH!!! I don't think the government should shut it down, it's free enterprise & he's not breaking any laws as far as we know ;; But Sheesh .... talk about disgustingly unhealthy!
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:01 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Oh & the spokesman DIED of a heartattach .. WTH!!!
Just for the sake of accuracy, he did NOT die of a heart attack. He got the flu, developed complications/pneumonia (made more likely by his obesity, for sure, but not directly CAUSED by being obese), and died from complications of the pneumonia.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #6  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Ha. The question - does anyone actually go???

I hope that psychologists, nutritionists and personal trainers eat there O.o
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #7  
Running for my life

I'm not sure if anyone eats there because I would never go. However, they are bringing one here to Dallas. It's not against the law obviously. We allow RJ Reynolds, Coca Cola and McDonald's to make money, so why not these people? As a society people need to make the decision not to go to a place like this because it is unhealthy beyond belief. They are making a buck by capitalizing on the idea that Americans are overweight and unhealthy and will probably make a killing at it. Sad, but true.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I've seen this restaurant on the food channel, and most of the people who eat there are not fat. They're foodie tourists. The restaurant makes its money on the novelty and gimmick of the restaurant more than on repeat business. Of course they have regular customers too, and eating there every day (or probably even every month or two) is going to be unhealthy even if you're severely underweight, but as a one-time indulgence it's not going to be a big deal for anyone of any weight. Thousands and thousands of not-very-healthy meals do far more damage than one extremely, unhealthy meal.

We villify the "really bad" meals a lot more than we should, and don't give enough thought to all of the "not that great" meals that add up.

To be honest, I have more respect for a restaurant that loudly and unapologetically shouts "our food is unhealthy and you shouldn't eat it very often," than restaurants and foodmakers who make and serve terribly unhealthy foods and then market them as healthy (maybe for malnourished and starving children in some third world country - but even in abject poverty most Americans, even those living in poverty get too many calories and too little exercise).

My personal peeve right now is the commercial for Nutella which goes on about how it's made with such healthy, natural, and wholesome ingredients as hazelnuts, skim milk, and "Just a touch of cocoa," not mentioning the added sugar and fat. The stuff is "candybar in a jar," and I'd respect the company more if they admitted it. "This stuff is horrible for you, but it tastes awesome so if you can control yourself with it, buy it once in a while and spread a very tiny bit thinly on apple slices," would be a more honest commercial, but the company wants to make money so instead they show a healhty looking family, with Mom bragging about how she "gets the kids to eat healhty foods" by drowning it with Nutella.

No food is healthy or unhealthy in a vaccuum.

I've always wanted to try the canadian heart-attack on a plate poutine, especially the amped up foie gras version at Au Pied de Cochon, the famous high-fat restaurant in Montreal.

It's probably a dish I'll try once, or twice a lifetime (ideally at my goal weight, splitting it with half a dozen friends).

The restaurant is probably more "dangerous" in the long run, than the campy over-the-top "yes we're unhealthy" restaurants, because of Au Pied de Cochon's "gourmet" reputation (because it's ok to eat unhealthy food so long as it's remotely french or remotely gourmet - and if it's both it's practically a health food).

We invent all sorts of rationales for judging food, and actual nutrition ends up far down on the list. Image is often taken more seriously than actuality.

That's what we need to change. It would be wonderful (and a but utopian to think it could happen) if every restaurant listed accurate nutritional information - and even more so if there were more restaurants that could accomodate many different dietary needs and preferences (So veg*ns, gluten-intolerant folks, diabetics, and dieters of all ilk had more choices).

That may never happen in restaurants, but at least it is more and more possible at the grocery store.

Last edited by kaplods; 03-28-2011 at 07:35 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #9  

well said Kaplods,

I don't find it disturbing, but by gosh the pic of the burger makes me want to vomit. I find it an interesting marketing gimic... lol
I don't blame food manufactors/restaurants for our (i am an aussie) obesity rates (I think we are almost overtaking the USA in that now, ouch), is it their fault, do they force us to eat that crap?
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Add me to the 'doesn't bother me, I'd eat there once for the heck of it!' train. It's not one indulgent meal that made me gain weight, and I admit to having a soft spot for burgers.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #11  

LOL, I am actually wondering what lung cancer has to do with an unhealthy diet (spoken part at end of ad)
(yes cancer but LUNG cancer in particular, are people expected to breath the burgers in.)
Old 03-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206.8/168.9/115

Height: 5' 5"

icedragon-near the beginning of the ad "dr" jon says the heart attack diet consists of maybe a double bypass burger with a beer and cigarette. lmao. I thought this was an SNL spoof for a minute there!
WannabeNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #13  

aha, that would explain it.

LOL still what an inventive sales campaign.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #14  
Running for my life

Sorry. I guess I've lost my sense of humor for this type of thing. I've seen and experienced too much.

My weight loss has been about health and for me, this place is a slap in the face to a healthy diet. That's why America is great. We all have the choice to go and patronize wherever and whatever we want.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #15  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

all i can think is ... so you want to kill your customers?! hahaha.

but i gotta admit that i too would totally go there to try it, assuming i'm sharing w/ the hubby and there's some left over.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote