Exercise! - running and abdomen pain

View Full Version : running and abdomen pain

aerogora
03-28-2011, 12:24 PM
So when I get to my running section of my workouts, I get this pain in my abdomen like my intestines are going to come out. Does anyone else get this? It immediately stops when I stop running. I have stomach fat so I'm thinking the tugging from the fat on my stomach against my abs is causing this?

130orbust
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Might be worth getting it checked out just to make sure you don't have ulcers or a hernia.

I get what I have always called "side pains". It's usually when I start to really feel a cardio burn. It's a burning type pain in one or both sides of my abdomen. Usually as I get into better shape they go away.

Eliochacon
03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
So when I get to my running section of my workouts, I get this pain in my abdomen like my intestines are going to come out. Does anyone else get this? It immediately stops when I stop running. I have stomach fat so I'm thinking the tugging from the fat on my stomach against my abs is causing this?

What do you do before the running? If its abdominals the running may be causing soreness caused by doing them to become worse.

Trail Runner
03-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Sounds like you're getting a side stitch:

http://running.about.com/od/runningforbeginners/f/sidestitch.htm

aerogora
03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
well I do the EA Active Sports 2 for the kinect so running is mixed in with weight training and other cardio.

tail runner- thanks for the article! I will try the breathing next time!!

Ilene
03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Hydration is a cause for cramps too, make sure you drink plenty of water, before, during and after your workouts...