30-Somethings - Fabulous 140's?

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Fabulous 140's?

ShanIAm
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I looked back a few pages and I didn’t see a 140’s thread so I figured I’d start a new one. I am hoping to be here in the next couple days (150.2 today) and want a new home to come to! :D

ShanIAm
03-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Well. I'm here. Barely. But here. Anyone else coming to join me? I'm kinda lonely. :)

Jelma
03-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats ShaIAm! I hope to be here next week, weighed in at 150 today, official weigh in is tomorrow though, hope it goes down not up!

Beila
03-31-2011, 09:51 PM
ShanIAm! You crossed over! Congrats!!
153.5 for me today...hoping to lose 4 pounds in 7 days. Wish me luck! (Today is day 1).

ShanIAm
04-01-2011, 09:12 AM
ShanIAm! You crossed over! Congrats!!
153.5 for me today...hoping to lose 4 pounds in 7 days. Wish me luck! (Today is day 1).

Yup, finally crossed over. And I am anxiously awaiting your arrival here! I look everyday to find you. And I KNOW that it is going to be very soon! :D

JayZeeJay
04-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Anyone else coming to join me? I'm kinda lonely. :)

I'm joining you! Sadly, I've backslid to the point that I'm 148 (a high since I started) and getting a little freaked out that I've let anxiety cause that much damage. So I'm back in control, hopefully.

Beila
04-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Yup, finally crossed over. And I am anxiously awaiting your arrival here! I look everyday to find you. And I KNOW that it is going to be very soon! :D

I'm gonna be here soon! Thanks for the kind wishes! I CAN DO THIS!

JayZeeJay
04-03-2011, 12:12 PM
OK, I'm at day 5 of strictly on-plan eating and solid exercise every day. My short-term goal is to keep this up until my birthday in 3 weeks. I'll weigh in weekly but the plan will not change regardless of weight. Somehow I find that comforting - maybe that's what I should have started with, instead of thinking "I'll weigh once weekly and base my next week's plan on that". It was too much pressure on the weekly weigh ins and they started to have too much impact on my mood.

ShanIAm
04-04-2011, 09:44 AM
JayZeeJay -- I am guilty of letting the scale dictate my mood AND my diet/exercise plans for the next week. I'm afraid of either becoming complacent or overdoing it. I haven't been able to break the habit though. I am still putting that pressure on myself. Last week was especially difficult as I had 2 dinner dates and 1 lunch date with friends. And at one place you had NO CHOICE but to eat badly. Well, kinda. It was a fondue place and because there were 12 of us, the menu was preplanned. Cheese and chocholate. How was I not going to dip my strawberry into the chocholate? I ask you that!! LOL

But I'm still holding at 148. No gain. No loss. But that's OK. But I do find myself planning my week of food and exercise and kicking it up a notch.

Congrats to you for sticking to your plan for 5 days in a row. For some people that seems like nothing but for you and I, it's such an accomlishment!!

Glad you are here keeping me company!

JayZeeJay
04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
ShanIAm: chocolate fondue, are you kidding? They would have had to pry the pot off my head when I was done licking it.

skinnyelle39
04-04-2011, 12:36 PM
I was at 147.5 as of Saturday. I was 150.2 when I weighed myself a week prior so I was so I am so happy to be in the 140 club :carrot:

Eliana
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I will likely be here a while, but I am indeed here! :D

ShanIAm
04-05-2011, 08:57 AM
ShanIAm: chocolate fondue, are you kidding? They would have had to pry the pot off my head when I was done licking it.

OMG! That's hilarious!! :lol:

Skinny....so glad you came and joined the party and congratulations on such a wonderful loss in that amount of time!! That's so great!!

Eliana....I was thinking the same thing this morning. I am down a little over a pound from last week (147.4) so that puts me in the 140's "comfort zone". But speaking of comfort, I will be here for a while too! But I'm ok with that as long as the numbers keep going DOWN!

I ordered us all a couch. :)

Eliana
04-05-2011, 09:43 AM
I ordered us all a couch. :)

LOL!

I'm happy too, and I'm even happy with the numbers staying exactly the same. Good thing too!

JayZeeJay
04-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I went to a concert with a friend last night and got off plan. I ate about a dozen tortilla chips, 4 of which had beans and cheese on them. I also had a "small" (according to the bar, yeah right!) margarita, then a vodka and grapefruit later that night. Darn!
The thing is, we'd planned this months in advance so although I feel a little bad about the indulging, I should feel worse. But I don't! I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

ShanIAm
04-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Jayzee – I hope you enjoyed the concert and I am glad you do not feel worse than you could have. And no, it’s not a bad thing as long as it is relatively controlled and it doesn’t happen too much! We all need a mental break every now and then. And to be honest, maybe the boost in calories might jump start your metabolism? You might even see a bigger loss this week than last.

Last week I deviated off plan twice and I wound up losing a little over a pound. This week so far I was on plan every day, worked out every day and between Monday and today, I haven’t lost an ounce! I’m thinking I’m retaining water to help heal my body since I have been strength training more than usual. And although I have been eating the correct number of calories, I do admit to having more sodium in my diet than usual.

I’m still hanging tough at 147 though. I have 2 weeks to drop 3 pounds if I want to make it to my next mini-goal. I tell myself I should be happy with how things have progressed so far (and I am) but I know I am putting too much pressure on myself to make these goals of mine. *sigh*

JayZeeJay
04-07-2011, 03:45 PM
And to be honest, maybe the boost in calories might jump start your metabolism? You might even see a bigger loss this week than last.

It's a lovely thought! But alas, I'm up another lb now. I'm now in danger of having to leave this thread for a "get out of the 150's" one! And I don't want that.

Goals are good and bad, aren't they? Making goals is so enjoyable - it makes me feel powerful and motivated to plan where I'll be in 2 months. But as soon as I start falling behind, the negative emotions roll in. I may be one of those people who needs to have "stay on plan" as their goal instead of a scale number.

ShanIAm
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm up another lb now. I'm now in danger of having to leave this thread for a "get out of the 150's" one!

OK, don't tell anyone this but when I got out of the 160's (159.6) I went immediately to the 150's thead. The very next day I was 160.4. But I didn't go back!! Sshhh.

But this time I did make sure I was relatively safe in the 140's before I posted.

Jelma
04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Hoping to be a regular in here next week - 150 even today, lowest I've been in years!

Jayzee - I saw a speaker on Wednesday, Alison Levine, she has hiked to the tallest peaks on every continent, including Mt. Everest. One of the points she focused on way about goal setting and achieving. She said that sometimes we have to realize that even if we are going the opposite way from where we need to be we are still laying the groundwork and making progress to eventually reach our goal. That really stuck with me.

JayZeeJay
04-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Jelma: I really like that concept that everything we do lays groundwork for our goals. I honestly believe that every time I've "failed" (regained weight, been in a failed relationship, made a bad job decision, etc), I've learned something that was worth learning. I will try to keep those wise words in mind!

ShanIAm
04-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey Jelma -- can't wait till you are officially here! It's going to be any day soon, that's for sure. :)

And thank you for sharing that concept from Alison Levine. I can understand how something like that would stick with you!

NicoleInCt
04-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I got to 149.0 this week, and it's my TOM, so I'm hoping to be comfortably in the 140's by the end of the week. Congrats!

ShanIAm
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey Nicole, WELCOME and congrats to crossing over!! And you will definitely be here comfortably by the end of the week....especially after your TOM whoosh. Provided you get one! :) You have been doing fabulous!

Did you start your weight loss journey in February or is that when you signed up for 3FC?

Beila
04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
151.5 today, I am still not here yet :(

I'm so jealous of you all! Lol maybe next week!

Congrats to everyone so far, hope to be here soon!

ShaniAm, you've lost so much weight! What do you do for diet and exercise typically?

ShanIAm
04-12-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh Beila, I get so excited when I see you post here because that means you are getting closer or you have reached the 140’s. AND YOU ARE SO CLOSE!! YAY! :)

As far as what I have done….well…. I will admit that when I first started in January I literally starved myself for 3 weeks losing the first 10-15 pounds too quickly. I was eating less than 500 calories a day. And let me tell you, I was a real wench to be around! I knew it wasn’t healthy for me physically and mentally so I increased calories & joined a gym. Now I keep my food calorie deficit at around 500-600 a day and I work out 5x a week. I’ll do an hour of cardio and every other time I will do 30-45 minutes of strength training. I also lowered my carb intake to approx 100-150g a day. That was the hardest to do but the most rewarding for me especially when you incorporate exercise. My body does not like to let go of carbs so being sedentary didn’t burn them off for me quickly and I never burned fat.

I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to sweets. They never did much for me. My food addictions centered around chips and cheesy dips, bowls of pasta and anything fried.

The thing I have found is that my diet is pretty sustainable. I'll of course increase calories and carbs (to a point) when I reach goal but for now, I'm not feeling all that deprived most days. Which is good considering I was (am?) a classic binge eater.

Beila
04-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh Beila, I get so excited when I see you post here because that means you are getting closer or you have reached the 140’s. AND YOU ARE SO CLOSE!! YAY! :)

As far as what I have done….well…. I will admit that when I first started in January I literally starved myself for 3 weeks losing the first 10-15 pounds too quickly. I was eating less than 500 calories a day. And let me tell you, I was a real wench to be around! I knew it wasn’t healthy for me physically and mentally so I increased calories & joined a gym. Now I keep my food calorie deficit at around 500-600 a day and I work out 5x a week. I’ll do an hour of cardio and every other time I will do 30-45 minutes of strength training. I also lowered my carb intake to approx 100-150g a day. That was the hardest to do but the most rewarding for me especially when you incorporate exercise. My body does not like to let go of carbs so being sedentary didn’t burn them off for me quickly and I never burned fat.

I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to sweets. They never did much for me. My food addictions centered around chips and cheesy dips, bowls of pasta and anything fried.

The thing I have found is that my diet is pretty sustainable. I'll of course increase calories and carbs (to a point) when I reach goal but for now, I'm not feeling all that deprived most days. Which is good considering I was (am?) a classic binge eater.

Wow! Thanks for sharing your routine. I need to incorporate some of them into my routine. I really have been literally stuck in 150's forever due to binging. I binged again last night, so I'm up in pounds (probably water weight though) and will be another while till I am here. I was just so stressed out last night. :( So sad! Well, I'm going to take some of your advice like strength training, which I haven't done, and keeping a good eye on calorie deficit. I'm glad to have you to support and cheer me on. It's been a real struggle for me, but reading how much you've lost this year is sooo inspiring to me, especially since you're at the weight I want to be right about now! Also, you are probably the most consistent weight loser I've come across on this forum. You go girl! Thanks for all!

joyfulloser
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
ShanIam - WOW...you've just been truckin along...146!:eek: GREAT!:carrot:

Just dropping by to show some love to my 140 sistas!;) Went to Byrd Park this morning...the weather was phenominal and run was perfection!:D

ShanIAm
04-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Beila – Awww, thank you so much! That was nice of you to say. Sometimes I feel guilty about the success I have had because my lifestyle doesn’t allow for many errors. Most of my friends are dieting so when we meet for dinner or whatever, we all make good choices together. I am not in a relationship (by choice) so no sabatoge there and I don’t have kids so that leaves plenty of time to get to the gym. I mean, I am an obstacle in and of itself for weight loss. I can’t imagine having all those other things going on! I am probably a little overboard when it comes to working out. But when I find myself sitting at home my mind immediately goes into binge mode. I know you get this! :( And as far as the binging is concerned, it took me from October to December just to get it relatively under control. It was only then could I really start a weight loss plan. I imagine it’s extra tough for you as you are trying to work through both at the same time. But you are SO determined to get to your goal and each day you are getting closer and closer. Even if it isn’t showing weight wise, it is definitely there emotionally. I know that doesn’t help to hear right now (LOL) but it’s just another part of the battle you are winning!! :)

Joyfull – HEY THERE! Yes, the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous, hasn’t it? If I wasn’t in this “competition” at the gym this month, I’d forgo going and do something outside. I wish Byrd Park was closer to my house. I might drag my friend there this weekend though if the rain holds off for a little while. Maybe Sunday! :)

JayZeeJay
04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
ShanIAm - just curious, what was your gym competition? My exercise buddies and I have been trying to think of a challenge to set ourselves for more motivation.

ShanIAm
04-14-2011, 08:51 AM
JayZee ... Well, LOL, the only one who knows about the competition is me. Every month my gym posts a list of the top 5 members who worked out the most the month before. They don’t go by time but by days attended. I WANT TO BE ON THAT NEXT LIST! So far I have only missed 1 day in April which still puts me in the running because this one guy who is consistently on the top of the list missed a day so far too. I don’t know. I just have this innate need to see my name there because this time last year I was eating large pizzas while sitting in bed watching Judge Judy reruns and yelling at the TV.

Maybe you and your gym buddies can do something similar? Maybe the person who doesn’t go the most has to supply the water or Gatorade once a week for the next month? Something silly like that perhaps?

Eliana
04-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Shew, I am back in this club! LOL! Yesterday I actually saw 150. :rolleyes: This has been a horrible month! Yesterday I gained a whopping six pounds!! Sheesh! And for no good reason! This chick is nowhere near the edge of the wagon! But today I dropped a pound and a half putting me safely back at 148.6. The most I ever drop from one day to the next is a pound, so here's hoping I'm finally going to ditch this water weight!

ShanIAm
04-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Eliana – YAY for your whoosh and so glad you are here! And OMG….can I even tell you how much of an inspiration you are?!?! I have to ask…..what keeps you going the closer you get to goal? I am still on plan and haven’t jumped ship but I feel that my motivation some days to eat right is getting harder and harder. Especially now as I am getting closer to my April 25th goal. Will this pass? Is it just a phase we all go through?

Maybe I just love the peeps on this 140’s thread and I don’t wanna leave! LOL ;)

Eliana
04-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Shan, I guess I stay easily on plan because honestly, as cliche as it sounds, my plan is totally 100% sustainable and is just my life now. I will do nothing different in maintenance. I love, love, love my exercise routine. I'm realizing that more and more right now as I face taking a planned week off. It's going to be really hard because I crave it.

Diet is only slight harder. I'd indulge in far more sweets if I could afford to. But besides that, my portions are spot on appropriate and I am rarely hungry. I get "snacky" but not so much hungry. If I'm ever truly hungry, I eat.

Thanks for saying I'm an inspiration. :D That never gets old. ;) Funny how I don't feel like it though. I'm just doing my thing.

JayZeeJay
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Eliana, I second that emotion about you being an inspiration! Even though you're just doing your thing.

And heaven knows I need inspiration. I am utterly stuck and have been for weeks. Meanwhile, my sister (who for the last decade has been the overweight one) is absolutely rocking her weight loss program. She lost another FOUR LBS this week. I'm so happy for her, but I can't help but feel even more terrible about myself. Pretty soon I'll be the "fat one" and it's a bitter pill to swallow.

She's doing it via a "Biggest Loser" type program and maybe that's the key. I like doing things on my own so I've avoided all group weight loss situations. But perhaps the accountability is the secret, and I need to just get over myself and embrace the community approach to weight loss (with real people - I'm fine on 3FC somehow!).

ShanIAm
04-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Just came here to vent. I’m struggling this week. Normally I get happy when I see TOM because I know that a “whoosh” is inevitably going to happen. But this month I am just not feeling it. I am not working out like I usually do. I met a great woman at the gym and we are becoming fast friends BUT her presence sabotages my workouts. We just hang out and talk way too much! And btw, I blame me – not her. I just don’t get into my “zone”. She left the state for vacation today so hopefully I can kick it up a notch for the rest of the week. But I have dinner plans with a girlfriend tonight that I really want to get out of. I just don’t feel like a cheat meal is going to help my mentality. Especially with a big Easter dinner being made by the reincarnate of Martha Stewart right around the corner. Have I mentioned that I haven’t overcome eating right when I go out? Especially Olive Garden. So impossible for me! Work and home are more controlled environments.

Someone PLEASE tell me to stop obsessing about this next goal I want to meet by the end of May!! It’s only 5 pounds away and I still have 6+ weeks to get there. This is the most important one of them all to me. But each day I’m losing hope breaking out of the 140’s.

OK, sorry. Vent over!!

Jelma
04-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Well I am still in the 150s despite ramping up the exercise the past couple of weeks. I suppose if I weighed myself in the buff I might actually be 149.5 but since I use the scale at work I don't think that would be appropriate ;)

ShanIAm - STOP obssessing! You are kicking serious butt and have more than enough time to meet your goal. I know exactly what you mean about eating right when out. Lately I have taken to covering up my food with my napkin (which doesn't help that much!) or pouring something on top of it to make it inedible. I should probably just ask for a box!

ShanIAm
04-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Lately I have taken to covering up my food with my napkin (which doesn't help that much!) or pouring something on top of it to make it inedible.

LOL! I so do this too. I always wonder if the people in the kitchen talk about why I covered my chicken parm in diet coke, mustard and mounds of table sugar. :p

Jelma, I KNOW that you'll be seeing 14X on the scale VERY soon! I know that I bounced back and forth between 149.5 and 150.5 for about a week despite staying exactly on plan and exercising.

And you are right, I need to stop obsessing. I guess with it being TOM, workout's being less than stellar and me seeing my sister next weekend (she's my weight loss benchmark), I'm just feeling the crunch. I go through this cycle once every few weeks.

Beila
04-19-2011, 01:18 PM
LOL! I so do this too. I always wonder if the people in the kitchen talk about why I covered my chicken parm in diet coke, mustard and mounds of table sugar. :p

Jelma, I KNOW that you'll be seeing 14X on the scale VERY soon! I know that I bounced back and forth between 149.5 and 150.5 for about a week despite staying exactly on plan and exercising.

And you are right, I need to stop obsessing. I guess with it being TOM, workout's being less than stellar and me seeing my sister next weekend (she's my weight loss benchmark), I'm just feeling the crunch. I go through this cycle once every few weeks.

ShanIAm--you are one of the most inspiring people here in my opinion, and i hope you don't think i stalk you, it's just that seeing and reading about your weight loss keeps me going and gives me hope. i KNOW you can make your goal, that is a lot of time, BUT don't give yourself any slack, just keep doing what you are doing, it WORKS! at the same time, don't give yourself DOUBT. Doubt will lead you down the wrong path, and you need to stay on the right path, which is what you're doing right now. keep strong!

btw, i've posted my mini goals on my signature...what you think? also, it's my TOM this week, so supposedly i will get a "whoosh?" what is that? just a lower number after TOM is over? my diet plan is extreme fat smash which promises up to 12 pounds in 3 weeks, and exercise every day at least 1 hour cardio (some days has 2 workouts of 45 min each). do you think my plan is doable?

currently at 153.5, so hoping to get into 140's SOOON! ughh enough already, i sound like a broken record.

ShanIAm
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Oh Beila, you always know the right things to say to motivate me and get me out of my funk! Thank you! :) And btw, congrats on being binge free for a week. That is so great! I know how difficult it is to “detox”. It took me a good part of last year to ease myself out of that cycle.

A “whoosh” happens to a lot of people – either during TOM or immediately after. For me, it’s a day or two after. My body tends to hold onto a lot of water during TOM and then it whooshes its way out of my system when it’s over. It’s just water weight but it’s always nice to see those extra couple pounds come off the scale.

To be honest, I am not very familiar with the extreme fat smash diet but I did just Google it to get some info. I think the plan is quite doable; especially for people trying to overcome binging. Because eating 4, 5 or 6 small meals a day can help keep binges at bay for some people. If your lifestyle allows you to do that, then I say go for it! With that said I am going to be cautiously optimistic and say that your goals – right now – seem in line with the plan. But don’t be afraid to change them tho after a couple weeks. It doesn’t mean YOU are failing especially if you know you are staying on plan. It just means that your body may not necessarily react to this weight loss program as advertised or “promised”. And then there are so many other factors such as TOM, your body retaining water to help your muscles heal, digestion, etc. Believe me, it’ll make you crazy! Especially if your goals are so close together. Personally, I try to set my goals weeks or even a month apart from one another. I think what you have though is a very good starting benchmark!! And keep going with the working out!

Between not binging, eating healthy and exercising like a mad woman, lol, YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC! There’s no better deterrent from binging then exercising yourself into a sleep coma. LOL

Beila
04-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Shan--thanks for your input. I think no matter end up doing, it's really just a matter of focus and determination. If you put your mind into 100 percent, your body will follow.

I think we both need to have confidence in ourselves, our abilities, and the potential we have to overcome doubt. See you around, hopefully here as a 140's chick!

ShanIAm
04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Although I weigh myself practically every day and on Saturday morning I saw 143.4 on the scale, I consider Monday morning’s my official weigh in. For the first time since January 4th, I didn’t even bother! I started out good yesterday. Went to the gym at 9am for an hour plus doing cardio and weights, hand washed my car inside and out, went home and ate some pineapple and had a small salad around noon. But then the pre-Easter feast consisting of cheese, pepperoni, crackers, chips, dip and nuts commenced around 3pm. I grazed on that for awhile and then it was dinner time at 5. Loaded up on ham, twice baked potatoes, bread & butter, etc. Not many veggies in site. After dinner I murdered a couple peeps with my mouth by decapitating them first and then devouring the rest. I left before the real desserts came out. The host of the dinner gave a little Easter basket before I left. Very thoughtful but I chucked it in the first dumpster I found on my way home.

I’ll need a few days behind me to feel like I am back in control --- physically and mentally. I have a plan that I need to put into action in a BIG WAY!

I did put on a pair of my feel good pants today which is helping a little.

How did you all do yesterday? Did you brave the storm and do a post-Easter feast weigh in?

Beila
04-25-2011, 02:07 PM
The host of the dinner gave a little Easter basket before I left. Very thoughtful but I chucked it in the first dumpster I found on my way home.

I’ll need a few days behind me to feel like I am back in control --- physically and mentally. I have a plan that I need to put into action in a BIG WAY!

I did put on a pair of my feel good pants today which is helping a little.

How did you all do yesterday? Did you brave the storm and do a post-Easter feast weigh in?

I'm not officially in this club, but I subscribe cause of you Shan! I really like to hear how you're doing for some reason, partly cause what you do is what I WISH I could be able to do. My willpower is not that strong. I need to build up more. I'm working on binging and stopping myself. Also need to work on working out harder, not just walking on the treadmill.

Anyhoo, when I read that you trashed your goodies in the first trash you saw, I was like, OMG, I would eat it at the first moment I was alone. I'm really impressed with your determination. I wish I could just have an ounce of that determination! Seriously, you're doing so well! Keep doing things like this and your feel good pants to lift your spirits!

As for me, Easter was fine, very, VERY healthy, spinach salad, sweet potato baked with no butter/sugar, salmon, and watermelon. There a some hard candies and peanut m&ms, but controlled and only a small handful. Then I went home, ate some soup, low fat ice cream...then out of no where, BINGE MODE came on, and I drove to the store and bought a small loaf of bread, fig newtons, and twix 8-pack. ughhh, it's all gone now, and I feel disgusted. So anyways, I was binge free for 11 days or so, and now I'm back to day one today. I could really use some help if you could share tips on how to avoid the binge, what worked for you. I just wish I could lose weight like you.

ShanIAm
04-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Beila…. Well, I can’t take a whole lot of credit for chucking the candy. I did it mostly out of disgust for eating so much crap in the hours before hand and because sweets really isn’t a devil food of mine. My binges always centered around fried foods, pasta, bread, cheese, etc. Do you find that if you consume even just a little amount of sugar such as those hard candies and M&M’s that you find yourself in binge mode later? I wonder if a little sugar in your system sets you up for wanting more of it later? So what do you say to yourself when you put those car keys in your hand to go to the store? And you had been 11 days binge free up to that point. When you felt a binge coming on during those 11 days, what did you do to counteract it? So, yeah --- does it suck that you have to start over at Day 1 again? Sure. But this time, make it 12 days or 13 days or 15 days binge free. I would love to tell you to never binge again but I didn’t magically stop overnight so I can’t.

You mentioned willpower. Well, to me, willpower is just like strength training. It builds up over time. It took me a LONG time to figure out that saying no to food feels just as good as eating it is. And around the time I made the decision to stop binging, things in my personal and professional life were spiraling out of control. I needed to control something…anything. And food was the only thing I had. And I will admit that I went overboard. The first 10 pounds I lost were not done in the most healthy way. I deprived myself – only eating once a day --- and I found myself taking a shot of Nyquil when I felt a binge coming on. It was only when I almost passed out in the middle of a meeting at work did I start doing things the healthier way. I put food in my fridge and joined a gym.

I do appreciate your kind words, I really do, but believe me……I had to put in a lot of hard work before the hard work even started. Know what I mean? And determination comes with time. It didn’t happen to me overnight. And I needed a rock bottom moment before it all finally clicked.

surfergirl2
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
I keep bouncing around 150...yesterday i was 149 and today i was 149.5. I really really hope i am in the 140s for good! I know for sure my weight will go up next week because it's that TOM...probably will go up to 151 or so...but i hope for the rest of this week, and after the TOM, i will remain in the 149s.

ShanIAm
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
You know what, Surfergirl? I think you are here to stay now! And don't worry about TOM --- maybe you'll have a nice whoosh when it is all over! You are doing fantastic and so SO close to goal! I'm envious!!

How are you doing with your March 25 goals? :)

surfergirl2
04-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks ShanIAm! Really my goal is not so much a specific weight, but to stay on track long term...and in that sense you have me beat by far! I have been doing well with my goals of writing everything down and eating set meals. The binging...not so great. But i'm proud of sticking to my meal plan, since that has always been a problem.

surfergirl2
04-27-2011, 12:59 PM
148.5 this morning! Hopefully i am here for good!

ShanIAm
04-27-2011, 02:22 PM
148.5 this morning! Hopefully i am here for good!

Yup! You are here to stay. Now pull up a chair and get comfy. But save some room for our friend, Beila. She'll be here soon too! ;)

YAY! So happy to see you here!! :hug:

Beila
04-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Awesome job Surfergirl!
Yeah, save me a seat!! I read your message Shan about saving me a seat, and it made me workout harder today! I can't remember the last time I ran 4 miles on the treadmill :carrot:

Good news though, I weigh 152.5 post workout! That's my lowest since April 11! I'm aiming to get here soon!

ShanIAm
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
You RAN 4 miles on the treadmill, Beila? OK, wow! I can't even run down the block. But I am a super duper walker tho! haha

I was 143.2 on the scale this morning..... but I was 143.4 (I think) this time last week. I'm definitely slowing down for some reason. I think I need to mix up my work out routine and start to zig zag my calories. It's so hard to do because I am so OCD and any disruption to my routine messes me up. But I gotta try something!

surfergirl2
04-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Yup! You are here to stay. Now pull up a chair and get comfy. But save some room for our friend, Beila. She'll be here soon too! ;)

YAY! So happy to see you here!! :hug:

Thanks Shan!!!

148 this morning so i think i am here to stay.

ShanIAm
04-29-2011, 09:14 AM
OK, so I posted some pics of moi in the mini-goal pictures forum. You can click on the link below to see -- if you DARE!

For a long time I was ashamed to post these particular before pics (still ashamed, actually) but I needed to get them out there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/232112-embarrassing-pics-but-need-share.html#post3828634

Beila
04-29-2011, 10:44 PM
Shan! You look so good! What an inspiration you are!!! You should be so happy for yourself! I should also take before pictures to share.

I am getting closer to 140's and hope to be here real soon! Post workout weight was 152! But I'm still 153. Gee its really hard to get that weight down, but I keep trying. I ran / walked 5 miles today, in 65 min. So I'm working out harder to get there.

Stay positive and sending you good vibes to get you feeling good. No need to be embarassed at all. :)

ShanIAm
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
I ran / walked 5 miles today, in 65 min. So I'm working out harder to get there.

Umm, YES YOU ARE! Wow, you are really kicking your butt - aren't you?? HAHA Now you are inspiring ME to work out harder. I have been slacking a bit lately. I haven't done my best especially in the cardio department. Heck, I haven't even done well! *sigh*

But it is a new month, a new week and a new day! :D

Beila
05-02-2011, 07:01 PM
i seem to have "stuck" to 153-154. :( i'm gonna try harder this week.

congrats on your ticker movement!! you're sooo close to goal!

surfergirl2
05-02-2011, 07:09 PM
148.5 this morning which i'm very happy with, but soooo afraid it will go up to 151 tomorrow because of the TOM! I know it will go back down...but still...would love to see the scale stay in the 140s. Usually i don't care that much about a number but i'm kind of waiting with baited breath on this one.

Beila
05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
148.5 this morning which i'm very happy with, but soooo afraid it will go up to 151 tomorrow because of the TOM! I know it will go back down...but still...would love to see the scale stay in the 140s. Usually i don't care that much about a number but i'm kind of waiting with baited breath on this one.

Don't worry surfer girl. You get a whoosh after TOM, and will stay in 140's for sure! Maybe don't weigh in tomorrow and just have light meals / salads for the next 2 days. That will make you "feel" light.

ShanIAm
05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Surfergirl --- don’t worry about that silly number on the scale over the next couple days while TOM is around. And I agree with Beila, JUST STAY AWAY! As long as you eat on plan then there is NO WAY you are going to gain fat weight. Just keep reminding yourself of that and you’ll be fine. But I understand. It took me a long time to wrap my brain around it too! :) You are doing a fantastic job!!

Beila --- don’t think you are not working hard enough. YOU ARE from what you have been posting lately! I have not seen the scale move much these past couple weeks (not like I am used to) but my body composition is definitely changing. You are working so hard and have been so dedicated. That in and of itself is something to be SO proud of! :)

surfergirl2
05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
I feel guilty that you guys are so supportive, AND the scale was super nice to me, but i still binged this morning. Felt pretty hungry last night (due to TOM) but didn't give in to cravings, so stayed at 148.5 this morning. But then after working out i finally caved and binged. Oh well...it's like fighting nature...it will probably go up tomorrow but then go back down by the end of the week.

Beila
05-03-2011, 07:13 PM
I feel guilty that you guys are so supportive, AND the scale was super nice to me, but i still binged this morning. Felt pretty hungry last night (due to TOM) but didn't give in to cravings, so stayed at 148.5 this morning. But then after working out i finally caved and binged. Oh well...it's like fighting nature...it will probably go up tomorrow but then go back down by the end of the week.

Hang in there. Forgive yourself and move on. Don't look back and just focus on the present and future and how you're not going to go back to your old habits anymore.

ShanIAm
05-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I feel guilty that you guys are so supportive

Don’t ever feel guilty! That is what this message board is about!! Please….do you know how many posts I have written that started with “woe is me”? In fact, you just responded to one yesterday. We are here to support you, cheer you on, celebrate your successes and understand any setbacks!

For the past couple months I have tried to quit smoking. It’s not happening. Because the minute I am without a cigarette is the minute I start thinking about other things to put in my hands. I don’t have a boyfriend at the moment so any ideas around that are useless! But seriously, I can’t kick the habit. Going cold turkey from a habit of mine, any habit, is just not in my DNA. But each week it gets better and eventually it’ll all click and I’ll stop. I see this happening with you and I also see it with Beila.

I’m cheering for both of you from the sidelines! :cheer3:

surfergirl2
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks Shan! I think you are right...and i hope you are right...that i can't just quit binging cold turkey, but can work on doing it less and less.

150 lbs this morning. Not surprising after i binged BADLY yesterday. TOM is almost over. So no more excuses.

Beila
05-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Hey Shan, yeah each week it will get better. Trying to quit cold turkey doesn't work for most people. Have you tried the patch? I would suggest taking each week at a time. Count how many cigarettes you smoke and keep track of it from week to week. You can fight it! I see how you are with your weight loss, so you must be strong in your determination.

Surfergirl, you're getting better at it. Just keep telling yourself you are strong and confident that you can beat the habit. You are a bigger and stronger person than the binge eater inside.

I am also struggling with binge eating. I really want to quit once and for all. I just keep trying to stop it and the urges. I'm hoping to make it to 1 month of no binging. I have been good for the past several days, however I do come close to binging, like overeating and eating in a frenzy autopilot or in secret, like hiding from the shame of eating. But each day I forgive myself. I have to accept who I am and just love myself and try harder. Without the love and acceptance, it's like I'm fighting myself and hating myself for the bad things I do, rather than giving myself support and encouraging myself to be better.

Quiting bad addictions take time, but with patience and with determination, and positive thinking, you can heal yourself from the addiction and come to a place of peace and freedom from the urges. Just keep the positive mindset and don't give up.

surfergirl2
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Well despite screwing up once again, i'm back down to 148. I think it's time to change my ticker! Didn't want to change it when it hit 148 a couple times before because i thought it would bounce back...but hopefully now if it bounces up it will also bounce down.

ShanIAm
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Well despite screwing up once again, i'm back down to 148. I think it's time to change my ticker! Didn't want to change it when it hit 148 a couple times before because i thought it would bounce back...but hopefully now if it bounces up it will also bounce down.

WTG Surfergirl! And I knew after that binge you had there was not a chance you were going back into the 150’s. You had a f*** up and you moved on from it. I think you are securely planted in the 140’s! :carrot:

And Beila, I just read your last post. Thanks for the support and encouragement regarding the smoking. :hug: God, it is so much harder than quitting the binging. I guess because I have been doing it a lot longer. *sigh* When this month ends, things will be different. In a good and bad way. Here’s the back story in case you didn’t know ---

Last year, as I was hibernating at home alone, eating and drinking whatever and whenever, I started playing online poker. Just fun money, not real. They have chat rooms and I got to chatting with a guy from Canada. Well for over a year we email, chat on the phone and occasionally skype. Of course the skyping consisted of me laying on my tummy wearing black. Pretty much what you see in my avatar which was a pic taken at my heaviest. I should mention that I totally lied about my weight and even sent him a fake picture of my body. Well, someone else’s body. :dizzy: But despite that we made plans to officially meet up the week of Memorial Day. That was in February and my reasons for losing weight became two fold. I went gangbusters and got totally obsessed. So now I am 24 days out from meeting him. I would like to be 139 by May 30th.

But like I said, after this month ends and my meeting “D” is over, half of my weight loss motivation is going to be gone. That’s the bad part. But I’ll be able to focus on stopping smoking because I won’t be so nervous or anxiety ridden. Or maybe my motivation will still be there but I won’t be obsessing so much??

So yeah, that’s where I am right now mentally. Just counting down the days till I see D and get that over with. I’m so disgustingly nervous and I want to calm myself with food!! But I won’t………

surfergirl2
05-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Haha that's funny! I think once May 30 comes and goes you'll realize that you have your OWN motivation to lose weight, for yourself, which is way more powerful than any external motivation. Sometimes i ask myself, "is this really worth it? No one really thinks i'm FAT, so really, does it matter?" and the answer is YES. I want to be thin because i CAN do it.

Beila
05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Wow, that is a funny story! I would have never imagined!

Well, I guess my problem is that I don't have a concrete date for losing this weight. I just looked back at my weight journal yesterday. I used to record my weight every day (or so). I was at times 130's, 140's and only in the 150's for very briefly. This past 4 months has been the worst yet, 4 months in the 150's is the longest in my whole life.

I'm currently 155, back to my starting January weight! Oh goodness. I was starting to lose hope yesterday. As I drove in my car to the gym to yoga class, I stopped in the parking lot and just cried. I said prayers to God in my car, "Why God, please just help me lose this weight already. Please help me to be strong, etc." I think the yoga helped calm me down. Also, at that moment, my running friend text messaged me about my progress and that was an encouragement to keep trying. After the gym, I passed by my friend's food truck and she gave me a tofu bowl for free. I hadn't seen her in over a year. I think God's trying to tell me to just keep hopeful and don't give up.

Anyways, I'm not sure if any of you are religious, but prayers help me get through tough times, so if you feel the need, just pray to God and ask for the help you need to get through the struggles you face. He always listens. :)

ShanIAm
05-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Beila – no, I am not a religious person but I wish I was right now. I believe in the power of prayer but I don’t believe that MY prayers work. But that’s another story for another day! But, Beila, it sounds like you have a wonderful friend and the support system you need to help calm yourself. And if yoga works for you then perhaps that is something you should do more often!! I’m sorry that you are back to your January starting weight but I’m hoping that you’ll see it go down quickly due to a water whoosh. Maybe just too much sodium?

I do need to vent to you guys a little bit if that’s OK. I don’t need a response…..just an understanding and non-judgmental ear which I know I have here.

So I was 141.0 this morning. I have been bouncing around 141.8 and 142.2 for a few days. But can I tell you guys that I am definitely bi-polar when it comes to this crap. Seriously, I’m over it. And I know I have complained about this before SO many times! It’s like one moment I am feeling good about how I look and the next minute, without any warning, I am irritated by the chunks of fat still lingering on my thighs. My freaking NAKED thighs!! I’m meeting up with “D” exactly 21 days from today. Instead of feeling excited, I’m feeling the pressure. I’m feeling the insecurity. My goal was to be 139 by then and that is still obtainable BUT it’s not going to be enough. Two freaking pounds off my body right now is NOT going to make one lick a difference. I am mad at myself for being lax these past couple weeks too. Yesterday a girlfriend came over for lunch and to watch a movie. We got Chinese. I ordered a quart of wonton soup and an eggroll. Ate both. I went into the kitchen where her chicken and fried rice were sitting, grabbed the big serving spoon, scooped up some chicken and rice and shoved it all in my mouth. I mean, really?!? Seriously?!? And the minute her car left my driveway I took 3 exlax. When I got hungry later on I ate some sugar free jello.

But I got on the scale this morning, I got dressed and I felt good! Then when I was sitting in traffic this morning I looked down at my thighs flabbily resting on my car seat and I made a gagging noise out of disgust. Happy time over. Got to work and decided to “feel better” with a lightly buttered plain bagel and grape jelly. My old eating habits are rearing its ugly head again.

Oh, and the gym this weekend? Yeah…..didn’t even drive near the vicinity! :(

I promise to get back on track between now and May 27th. I just need to suck it up, do the best I can and then when I get back from vacation I can relax a little.

*heavy sigh*

surfergirl2
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
I feel your pain! I was at 149 this morning but i don't deserve it (and the scale will probably go up later...sometimes there some lag time) because i binged AGAIN this weekend.

Beila
05-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Shan--Look, you're only 2 pounds away from goal. Why so bi-polar? It's such a small amount. You should be proud of what you accomplished. You set out to lose weight, and you did, and in a big way!

And why do you beat yourself up for eating food with your friend? In the future, do you think you'll be a person that can't enjoy food with friends? Or see something you want to eat and eat a big scoop of it? Sugar free jello is not bad food either.

If you can't handle the stress of doing such actions now, how will it be in maintainence?

The pressures and anxiety of your meeting will only do more harm. Those feelings are the same feelings that cause binging for many people. Try to change your mindset about yourself, and feel good about your weight loss, what you achieved, and how far along you've come. You really are doing great in my opinion.

The only thing I would not advise is taking exlax. I don't think they will help you in any way unless if you really need it for constipation.

Please feel better about your new body, and look forward to all the good times with your meeting D and having this great outlook and foundation to build better health, and a stronger leaner body.

141 is great! I wish I were 141 :(

SunnyDC
05-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Gosh I can't wait to get here, but by the time I do u all will be somewhere in the 130's and gone! LOL

ShanIAm
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Beila, I know it. Everything you said was absolutely correct. I can’t argue a thing you said. I know I am only 2 pounds away from my May goal but that goal was set 15-20 pounds ago when I thought I’d have MUCH smaller hips and thighs before I meet up with D. But the closer I got to 139, like now, it hit me that 139 just doesn’t cut it with my body type. I just need to resign myself to the fact that it is what it is. Right now, I’m indifferent about it which is a LOT better than I was yesterday when I was totally down on myself!

And I do hope that once I get back from this trip the pressure I have put on myself to lose weight will decrease and I’ll be able to enjoy the occasional night out, off plan, with my friends. I will admit to totally loving the eggroll I scarfed down. LOL

I wrote out a new plan last night that will be implemented when I get back. It’s a plan I’ll follow between then and July 4th. And it’s totally doable and it includes a 1x a week cheat meal. I’m feeling really good about it!

I’m going to go out this weekend and buy a few new outfits to wear for my vacation and I know that’ll lift my spirits!

Thanks for the kick in the butt. I needed it!! :) :) :)

ShanIAm
05-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Gosh I can't wait to get here, but by the time I do u all will be somewhere in the 130's and gone! LOL

Well, it is possible I'll be flying the 140's coop in a few weeks BUT I have no doubt you'll be bringing some of your 150 friends here with you. And I always come back to visit.

When I am on the 130's board, I'll get your rooms ready! :)

JayZeeJay
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Hi ladies!

Just checking in, I've been away from the thread for a while. And it is NOT because I have graduated the 140s. I'm afraid that life anxiety is taking me down right now. Between having to finish my degree in the next two weeks, having a (maybe) new boyfriend, finding a new job that's about 150 miles away, needing to move, needing to do something with my current house, and being generally crazed with stress, my eating habits are TERRIBLE. I've actually been exercising more than normal because it helps me deal with things. But any weight loss benefit to that is quickly undone by what I cram into my gullet. Plus, anxiety = no sleep, and I tend to eat worse food when I'm tired.

Not to throw myself a giant pity party or anything! Just wanted to say hi, and that I am still a resident of this thread and will be for some time. But things should ease up soon and then I will be back at it for real. So those of you who are wanting company in the 140s in the months to come, I'll be here.

ShanIAm
05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey JayZeeJay! Glad you checked in! I’m sorry to hear about the stresses you have been facing. Especially the new job and moving part. Those two things separately are stressful enough! But the new boyfriend (maybe!) sounds wonderful and in a few weeks you can celebrate having your degree! But with everything else it’s completely understandable why your eating habits have been bad. It’ll work itself out. Just don’t be too down on yourself. Instead of adding the stress of weight loss, just stay in maintenance for a while till things settle down. Oh, but I know it’s easier said than done, my dear.

Hang in there and come back whenever you need to vent your anxieties about life! And keep us updated on the new – maybe – boyfriend!! :)

Amberelise
05-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Shan,

You should tell D that you gained a bit of weight apparently, and that you don't normally look like this. And, then say that you've really turned a corner, though and just last week started getting yourself back to the weight that is much more typical of you. ;) THEN you'll have motivation to continue to lose weight because now you've told him you're on a diet. And, he'll think "gee, she looks amazing already, and she says this is at her worst."

I dunno, maybe? If you're going to stick with the lie. ;)

ShanIAm
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Amberelise --- first of all, welcome to the 140’s! I see by your ticker that you are a recent graduate of the 150’s thread. So WELCOME! Secondly, LOL at your suggestion. :) I was seriously thinking about doing just that. But what’s funny is about 2 months ago D asked me how much I weighed and I asked him to guess. He said 145. I said, “Close – 144”. LOL Geez, I just piled one lie upon another. My weight loss “schedule” put me at 144 in late April so I figured if I stalled a little I’d still be safe by the end of May. And that’s pretty much where I am. However, back then, I really thought being in the low 140’s would put me in a place where I looked like that fake pic I sent. But sadly it doesn’t. I am hoping for the best in that he deleted that picture which was sent a LONG time ago and it’s now just a distant memory. ;) And I did recently send him a real picture of me – a profile shot of myself in the mirror.

The thing is, this man lives in Canada and I live in Virginia. I mean, come on, should I really care at the end of the day? It’s not like I am hoping for a relationship. I am not a long distance kinda gal. My biggest fear with all this is him calling me out on my lie. I only have myself to blame!

Amberelise
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I am not entirely sure I have been out of the 140s since high school, actually, so I suspect I'll be hanging around in this thread FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!

The good news is, I've lost 4 lbs. in the past two weeks so I'm making good progress. The bad news is I'm doing P90X so at some point I'm going to be going the other direction with muscle gain I think.

Well, regardless, if you've sent him a rather recent photo of your profile I think you're safe. I'm nearly certain he won't call you out on anything. And, besides, he's probably just as nervous about meeting you!!!

Jelma
05-13-2011, 10:36 AM
I think I may finally be in the 140s for good :yes: Last week I was 149.5 and today 149 so I am pretty happy!

ShanIAm - I hear you on the quitting smoking thing. I had quit last year for about 4 months and then started again, stupid. Once I started losing weight I told myself I'd quit once I made some progress. Well I've made progress but haven't tried again. I have little to no motivation to even attempt it again. I don't know why. I want to want to quit. I used Chantix to quit and still have a few left. It made me crazy but it worked. I think if I do it again I will just use it to get over the first few initial withdrawal days. And as for 'D' I completely agree with Amberelise, I am sure he is just as nervous as you are. Plus it is obvious you guys have connected on a deeper level than just your appearances. And you shouldn't worry anyway, you look fab!

ShanIAm
05-13-2011, 11:50 AM
HEY JELMA! I’m so glad to see you here!! Congratulations on such a fabulous weight loss so far!! WOW! :)

For me, it appears I might be leaving this forum next week. I was 139.6 this morning but I am not ready to commit to the 130’s just yet. It could go either way the next few days. But both of us are about 10 pounds from goal and that would kinda move us to the featherweight board. Although, I just don’t feel like I belong there yet. I feel bottom heavy and far from feeling like a feather! LOL

I’m also going through some mind f**k situations too. My final, FINAL goal was 132 which was chosen because it put me at the high end of the “normal” BMI category. I decided on the way to work this morning to move it to 129. And when I got on the scale this morning and saw 139, I didn’t get that jump for joy feeling I thought I would have. And I also told myself I’d take a diet break for a couple weeks when I hit 139 but then I said to myself today, “Self…. try to lose about 2 more pounds before you go on vacation in a couple weeks as a buffer, go off plan a little while on vacation because you know you are going to do it anyway, and then get back to it when you get back.”.

So that’s my plan.

And the smoking thing. Yeah, I want to want to quit too. Not there yet.

Beila
05-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Awesome job Shan! You did it! Don't worry too much about the meeting. It's only a couple of pounds. But if you can manage to do it before then, it will just give you a extra boost in confidence, not that you need it.

129 sounds like a good new goal for when you get back.

Waahhhh! I really want to be here already! :( still stuck at 154.

ShanIAm
05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Awesome job Shan! You did it! Don't worry too much about the meeting. It's only a couple of pounds. But if you can manage to do it before then, it will just give you a extra boost in confidence, not that you need it.

129 sounds like a good new goal for when you get back.

Waahhhh! I really want to be here already! :( still stuck at 154.

Aww, thanks Beila! I am still on track to lose a couple more pounds before I meet D but right now it appears as if that won't be happening. It seems like HE is getting a case of the insecurities. How ironic is that?? I am disappointed but not terribly upset. It's a long story and it still MIGHT happen. We'll see.

But anyway, I know you will be unsticking yourself from 154. That number seems to just want to hang around. :( I know how frustrating that is. My number was 141. It didn't want to budge!

How are you doing otherwise? Still working out like a maniac? ;)

Beila
05-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Shan, I am still stuck :(

But I am going to start calorie counting today. I did that in march and lost like 2 pounds, so I hope it works again.

I am aiming for 1100-1200 cals. This morning, I am already at 500 cals! :(

Do you calorie count? What other things besides exercise do you use or have used like supplements, pills? I am considering getting something else to help me lose faster.

I need to make a new weight loss goal so I can stay on a weight loss schedule. It seems that it was very helpful to you too.

ShanIAm
05-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, I definitely calorie count. And I carb count too. Keep those around 100g’s a day and most of those are consumed in the morning as I want as few carbs in my system as possible when I work out at night. And I only eat between 6am and 3pm most days unless I have dinner with friends. And if I go over my calories one day I will take them off the next day. I simply cannot eat at night as that was my binge time. I had to disassociate myself from all things binging so eating at home is a no-no. Literally, my refrigerator has coffee creamer, water and jello in it. My freezer has lean cuisine meals for my weekend meals and weight watcher ice cream bars.

If you are looking at eating 1200 calories a day (which is fine, in my opinion) then I’d do 300 breakfast (cereal and fruit), 400 for lunch (salad and a protein) and 500 for dinner (veggies and protein). You will find that you’ll have calories from dinner left over for a little dessert too. And if you are exercising then you can even up your calorie intake and still have a deficit at the end of the week!

As far as supplements, I took something called Lipo 6 Ultra Concentrate for Women. You can buy it at GNC. It’s about $35-$39 dollars a bottle for a month’s supply. It will give you the jitters for the first week or so but that goes away. It honest to god was a lifesaver for me because it suppressed my appetite and it gave me the energy I needed at night to work out when I was feeling sluggish. I no longer take them because after 4 months I was getting a little dependant (a false dependency) on them and weaned myself off. But it gave me the tools to help me lose faster than had I been left alone to my own devices. But now that I “own” those tools, I don’t need to take them anymore. Only weird side effect aside from feeling jittery at first is when I burped it tasted like bitter oranges. Sorry if TMI but that was something that never went away. LOL

Jelma
05-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Still here, down to 148.5 today!

ShanIAm
05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Still here, down to 148.5 today!

So, Jelma, both of us have only 8 more pounds to go!! :carrot: And that is actually the pant size I am wearing now except for jeans because I don't like the stretchy kind yet. I am glad you are still here and I know you are here to stay. I can't believe you are in the final stretch! Congrats to you!! :D

Jelma
05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks ShanIAm! You have made amazing progress, I think you got out of the 140s before I made it in! It has been slow going for me but I am confident I will not be going back to the 150s.

I may revise my goal weight but not until I reach it. Congrats on the size 8, that is exciting. I am finally going shopping this weekend, I have no idea what size I am right now, I am a little scared and nervous to find out! I think I might have to do stretchy jeans because I have pretty wide hips (which I didn't know until recently when I could feel my bones!) and smaller legs.

ShanIAm
05-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Jelma, I am going to bet you are at LEAST a size 8 with your height and weight. And I'm built the same as you -- wide hips. The bones are noticible through pants so I know there is no more fat left there. I am still contending with my thighs (inner and outer) and the back of my arms. I can't wait to hear about your shopping trip and what size you find yourself in! And congrats on discovering your hip bones. Aren't they pretty? LOL ;)

What are you doing with your old clothes? For me, I am keeping a pair of pants in each size I went down (starting with 18) and the rest I am giving to a friend of mine who is now around a 14. If she doesn't like them she donates to Goodwill.

Jelma
05-20-2011, 01:05 PM
I have this fear that I am going to grab a bunch of 8s and go to the dressing room where I won't even be able to zip them up. Then I'll end up crying in the dressing room. Okay, seriously though, I won't be that dramatic :D

I do love my hip bones, the only thing, which I saw you had posted on other thread, is that I am having a hard time sleeping. It is like the bones are pushing into my mattress springs. I suppose there are worse things to complain about though! I asked my sister about it (she is 5'6 and 120) and she said that when she had first lost weight (about 20 pounds) it bothered her too but now she is use to it.

If you find a solution to the back of the arms let me know! My biceps, shoulders and I guess it is my pecs have all toned up but not the back, still have the bye-bye arms :^:

I haven't decided what to do with my old clothes. Honestly most of them are in pretty bad shape, the last pair of pants I bought were a 14 and that was last summer, how sad is that?? Not sure Goodwill would even want them. That's a good idea - I think I might do the same and keep one in each size.

JayZeeJay
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi ladies,

Checking in again! Sadly, I managed to stress eat my way back to 150 lbs this month. But I finished my dissertation so now I have lots of time to shop for real food, eat healthy, and ENJOY exercise without doing it in a rushed panic. Back to it for good now.

Jelma, how did your shopping go?

Jelma
05-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey JayZ, glad you're back! I HATE SHOPPING! Not quite as bad as I did before though. I get so frustrated with pants. I guess I have short legs because all the average size pants fit me like they are made for giants. The petites work most of the time but they are hard to find and sometimes are too short. I did manage to find a pair of jeans which I am super excited about! Seems I am a solid 8 but there are brands I can wear a 6. I also bought a one piece bathing suit, it is my first new suit in years and years. It is super cute, from Old Navy. I fit into a medium :D though it is possible I might have a wardrobe malfunction, the large was way too big on my lower half but perfect on my boobs, the medium is a little small for my top....

I have been seriously slacking on the diet recently too. I need to start eating to lose again rather than to maintain. I am worried I am starting to slip back into old habits again. I joined fitnesspal to count calories but haven't been keeping up on it.

How is everyone else doing?

ShanIAm
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Seems I am a solid 8 but there are brands I can wear a 6.

I shouldn't say it. Should I say it? Yeah, I think I'm going to say it....

I TOLD YOU SO!!

:D

Sounds like you had a fantastic shopping trip!! :cheer2: I am so jealous about your bathing suit!! I have too many lumps and bumps, saggy skin and stretch marks to feel comfortable in one yet. I might do a bikini top because my top half is looking great but I'll be board shorts shopping shortly. It's ok tho because wearing them at this weight sort of goes from me "wanting" to wear them instead of "having" to wear them. KWIM?

I hope you post pics of yourself in the new jeans!! Pretty please?? :^:

Jelma
05-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks ShanIAm :D I need to take some pictures, I really wish I would have taken 'before' pictures as well as measurements. There are not too many pictures of me floating around out there, I was/am pretty good at avoiding the camera.

I am sure you will look fantastic in a suit! We are always our own worst critics. I wanted to do a bikini, I bought 2 tops a few months ago but I am not comfortable in the regular bottoms at all, I need boy shorts at the very least.

JayZeeJay
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Wow Jelma, that sounds like success to me! Finding a bathing suit that works for you ain't easy, AND you're fitting into those little sizes - you're rocking it!

I am back on track (mostly... one box of cereal aside) and back in the high 140's. Whew.

ShanIAm, what happened with the fella you were going to meet up with? Did it happen?

I am still navigating the perilous waters of online dating. I am cautiously optimistic about a new prospect, but people disappear so quickly online that it's a super bad idea to get hopes up. I'll keep ya posted.

bunnabear
06-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Hello all,

I have been stuck in the 145-148 range for a while now. I seem to move back and forth in that range and can't seem to move below the 145 mark (146 currently). I finally had to admit that my soda addiction is the issue. I've been moving to a whole foods diet but I can't seem to completely give up the soda and it's frustrating. I need some support to get over this hurdle. Any ideas for making water seem more interesting without artificial sweeteners?

bunnabear
06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
I found a pair of swimshorts/boardshorts by La Blanca that I love. I always feel like the board shorts are either too boyish or they are too tight and defeat the purpose by creating rolls but these are really comfortable and cute. I recently wore them with a tankini and felt comfortable for the first time in a long time in swimwear.

ShanIAm
06-01-2011, 12:06 PM
ShanIAm, what happened with the fella you were going to meet up with? Did it happen?

I am still navigating the perilous waters of online dating. I am cautiously optimistic about a new prospect, but people disappear so quickly online that it's a super bad idea to get hopes up. I'll keep ya posted.

Nope. I did not meet up with D. He lives in Canada on a lake and with all the rain they have received over the past month or so his property was impacted. It wasn't the best time to meet up. But he promised to come down my way soon so the ball is in his court. If it doesn't work out, his loss!

Have you met up with Mr. New Prospect or are you still in the talking/emailing stage! :) I give you credit....I am not ready for that arena yet.

ShanIAm
06-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Any ideas for making water seem more interesting without artificial sweeteners?

Hello bunnabear and WELCOME! This is a hard question to answer as people approach breaking addictions differently. For me, one of my addictions was Big Macs! When I started my weight loss journey I just had to give it up cold turkey. That was the only way I was able to get past it. It was tough for a few days to a week but eventually my craving subsided. Maybe that is what you need to do? Or switch to those little tiny cans and have one a day until you are able to let go all together.

I drink water but I have to put a lemon in it and a little bit of splenda. Not exactly lemonade but it gave me what I needed.

JayZeeJay
06-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Nope. I did not meet up with D. He lives in Canada on a lake and with all the rain they have received over the past month or so his property was impacted. It wasn't the best time to meet up. But he promised to come down my way soon so the ball is in his court. If it doesn't work out, his loss!

Have you met up with Mr. New Prospect or are you still in the talking/emailing stage! :) I give you credit....I am not ready for that arena yet.

You know, that's the attitude that works best for online dating too - if the fellas disappear off the radar and never write again, it's their loss.

Still haven't met up with the new guy yet, I came down with stomach flu this weekend so all plans were cancelled. You know what is sad? I'm actually happy about the flu-induced weight loss. Pathetic, isn't it. I remember reading a feminist book long ago (The Beauty Myth, I think) and the author described meeting a friend who had recently had a bad health scare and was hospitalized for some serious procedure. And the friend said something like "it was terrible, but at least I lost 5 pounds!" The author was understandably horrified at this comment. And here I am, a self-identifying feminist, thinking the same. Hypocrisy!

joyfulloser
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Hello ladies!!! Well..I certainly never thought I'd be in here...butttt....heck I'M HERE!:D

WOW ShanIam you're already in the 130's? Woohoooooo!!! GREAT!:D

JayZeeJay
06-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Welcome joyfulloser!!!

ShanIAm
06-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I came down with stomach flu this weekend so all plans were cancelled. You know what is sad? I'm actually happy about the flu-induced weight loss. Pathetic, isn't it.

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well to meet up with new guy but look at it this way..... men come and go but pounds lost is forever! OK, speaking of pathetic, so was that dumb joke. Oh well. LOL And it's not pathetic! Earlier this year I was purposely going near a sick coworker hoping to get her cold. If I know I can't taste good food, I won't want it.

I'm still holding in the 130's but I can't help but stop in here to see how you all are doing! :) I have stalled these past few weeks thanks to BBQ's and bad choices. Trying to get back into the groove. I just booked a flight to Florida to see my parents in September. A new motivation to get back to it!

ShanIAm
06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Hello ladies!!! Well..I certainly never thought I'd be in here...butttt....heck I'M HERE!:D

WOW ShanIam you're already in the 130's? Woohoooooo!!! GREAT!:D

CONGRATULATIONS on making it past your goal! That's just fabulous!

:bravo:

So.....how do you feel? Are you going to keep going, hold steady or just see where your body takes you?

Congrats again on making it to the 140's!!

ShanIAm
06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh, and joyfulloser ---- I just saw your progress pics and OMG! I want your abs!! You look absolutely incredible!

joyfulloser
06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
So.....how do you feel? Are you going to keep going, hold steady or just see where your body takes you?

Thanks!:hug: It's funny...it feels both good and bad. I think half the fun is getting here.:^:

To be honest...I secretly want to get down to 145 lbs, not because I feel I need to, but just so I have at least a 5lb cushion! I really love how lean my body is at 150, so I never want to go over it.

Goals are important to my success (as I am learning), so my new goal is not to reach a certain weight, but to incorporate heavy weight training for my legs like wall squats, romanian deadlifts, etc. Fortunately, I had lots of muscle hidden under all that fat, so I don't need to build ab muscles!:p Also, doing those pull-ups while I was 200 lbs definitely helped my upper body strength and muscle development.

I will continue to run always (or as long as my knees hold out - I'm 44 yrs old, with a family history of bad knees and my left knee is already failing:() and continue eating healthy and remembering that nothing is off limits in moderation.:)

I can't wait to read your goal post...soooooooooooon!:D

bunnabear
06-20-2011, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=joyfulloser;3893797]Goals are important to my success (as I am learning), so my new goal is not to reach a certain weight, but to incorporate heavy weight training for my legs like wall squats, romanian deadlifts, etc.

Your journey is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing your pics. It is always helpful to see that success is possible and important to remember that hard work is a key ingredient.

bunnabear
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I've had a health issue that prevented me from doing any meaningful exercise for almost 2 weeks, but I was able to compensate by cleaning up my diet a little more and decreasing my cheating on "cheat day" and the scale managed to stay steady. Now I just need to get back to the light exercise that I'm able to do and not lose momentum. Love the support and motivation on here. It's really great to read the success stories and also know you're not alone with the struggles.

ShanIAm
06-21-2011, 04:43 PM
I've had a health issue that prevented me from doing any meaningful exercise for almost 2 weeks, but I was able to compensate by cleaning up my diet a little more and decreasing my cheating on "cheat day" and the scale managed to stay steady. Now I just need to get back to the light exercise that I'm able to do and not lose momentum. Love the support and motivation on here. It's really great to read the success stories and also know you're not alone with the struggles.

bunnabear --- I'm sorry to hear about your health issue but I hope you are feeling better every day that passes. Good job in compensating with the eating, however! Just ease your way back into exercise and keep up the great work!!

bunnabear
06-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Got back to some light exercise yesterday. You really lose a lot of stamina in 2 weeks so I'm taking it slow. The scale was down a pound at weigh in day so I'm not losing my motivation. I'm almost exclusively drinking water, unsweetened tea and coffee with skim milk only which is a step up from my flavored coffee, multiple sweetened sodas, and sweet tea each day.

scotchcanada
06-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm in the 140's too!! Just started 3FC today!! I am 146...I was hoping to be 130 by this date for my brothers wedding in a couple weeks, but that didn't happen. So.....I'm on a mission.

And advice for tips on trying to lose the last 15 would be MUCH appreciated.

Way to go!!

bunnabear
06-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm in the 140's too!! Just started 3FC today!! I am 146...I was hoping to be 130 by this date for my brothers wedding in a couple weeks, but that didn't happen. So.....I'm on a mission.

And advice for tips on trying to lose the last 15 would be MUCH appreciated.

Way to go!!

Welcome! I hope you find motivation and tips here that will help you with that last 15. I was stuck on a plateau for a while but the scale is starting to move down gradually again. Sometimes it helps to reasses what you're doing and see if you can identify anything you can do better or change to make those small differences. For example, I found that without realizing it, I had become a little complacent and was "cheating" more than I realized and all of those little things added together meant more extra calories than I realized. Recently my husband switched up the timing of his exercise routine and that helped to jump start things for him again. Good luck to you!

JayZeeJay
06-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Ah, the last 15. My nemesis. My first 10 lbs came off reasonably easily, but I have been in the 145-149 range forever. I wish I had some good advice but I don't. I just keep plugging away with good exercise and the best clean-eating diet that I can maintain. My daily calories vary from 1300-1700 so I inadvertently calorie cycle to a degree.
Just keep swimming!

ShanIAm
06-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Why oh why are these 10-15 pounds so hard to lose?? Drives me nuts too, ladies! I don't believe in "set points" with weight but I do believe your body is just comfortable and healthy at a certain weight and it clings onto it for dear life. It's only when does it realize you aren't giving up it will finally "say uncle" and you will start seeing losses again on the scale. Of course, the logical part of me doesn't believe my body is that smart or vindictive but it's an explanation that makes me feel better! :D

One of the biggest issues as we get closer to goal -- and thinner -- is that it takes less energy to go from point A to point B. So we are burning LESS calories now than when we were very overweight/obese. That's why strength training is key for us right now because muscle burns more calories than fat even when sitting around doing nothing.

This actually makes me happy because I much prefer focusing on weight training vs. cardio!

Beila
06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
Why oh why are these 10-15 pounds so hard to lose?? Drives me nuts too, ladies! I don't believe in "set points" with weight but I do believe your body is just comfortable and healthy at a certain weight and it clings onto it for dear life. It's only when does it realize you aren't giving up it will finally "say uncle" and you will start seeing losses again on the scale. Of course, the logical part of me doesn't believe my body is that smart or vindictive but it's an explanation that makes me feel better! :D

One of the biggest issues as we get closer to goal -- and thinner -- is that it takes less energy to go from point A to point B. So we are burning LESS calories now than when we were very overweight/obese. That's why strength training is key for us right now because muscle burns more calories than fat even when sitting around doing nothing.

This actually makes me happy because I much prefer focusing on weight training vs. cardio!

Just sneaking in here to post to your reply...I'm still in 150's land :(

I think we tend to be a bit more relaxed than we think when we are closer to a goal. You may not notice it, but a bit more food here and there may disrupt the fat burning cycle. Remember when you were bigger, the fat burning cycle was faster because it had more to lose, so when you started your diet and exercise, that drastic change kicked it into high gear.

Now your body is like an efficient performing body. Think of a high performing car. It needs less fuel to go far cause the insides are clean, and it just uses up the fuel that is readily available (the last consumed meals). But a car that has been running on crude oil will go slow and need more fuel (cals) to go far. Don't know if you get the analogy, but basically, just think of your body as being a healthier, calorie efficient burning body. That is a good thing...

Now to answer the question of how to get that last 10-15 off...hmmm good one! I don't know...I guess at this point the exercise cals burned matter more than creating a cal deficit from diet. Again that analogy with the car, it's like your body now needs to face the reality of searching for fat as fuel, and now that there's less of it, it's harder to find it and take it away, where as before it was easier to find it. Hmmm, not such a good comparison with the car analogy this time...but you know what I'm getting at! Lol

Btw, I'm no expert on fitness, but I have always seemed to think this way about my body as I lose 10-15 pounds, and pushing the exercise helped me speed through the last pounds.

Anyways, I am thoroughly jealous of all of you in this thread. I hope to be here soon. I'm making it my goal to be here in July, so hope to NOT see you here then, but if so, make it low 140's! LOL

scotchcanada
06-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Congrats! I'm so excited you started this thread, because I started in the 140's and am stuck in a BIG rut. You will be my motivation to power through...also hopeful to pick up some tips on what is working for others at this weight.

JayZeeJay
06-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Anyways, I am thoroughly jealous of all of you in this thread. I hope to be here soon. I'm making it my goal to be here in July, so hope to NOT see you here then, but if so, make it low 140's! LOL

Beila, don't worry - when you officially join the 140's club in July, I will no doubt still be here to welcome you!

ChickieChicks
07-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi! I'm cheating a bit, since I am 152 pounds, but I know I will drop quickly to 149 and then take forever to get to the 130s! I've been doing this journey on my own so far, keeping a food diary and logging my excercise online. I'm on Day 55 and have lost 21 pounds.

I'm doing a 100 Day Challenge. 1200 cals/day and excercise 4-5 times a week. If workouts burn more than 200 cals, I add on a protein shake for that day. Pretty boring, but it's working.

I'm just hitting an emotional plateau where I'm feeling grumpy, tired and just BLAH!!!

JayZeeJay
07-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome ChickieChicks! How are things going? I'm still plugging away, making glacially slow overall progress...but not gaining. That is the bottom line for me right now - I do whatever I have to so I DO NOT gain back.

JayZeeJay
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
How are the 140s ladies doing lately???

Beila
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM
149.5 this morning!! I am in this club as of this morning!

WOO HOOO!!

I have been wanting this for SO LONG! You don't even know how long....Seven months and twenty one days to be exact.

I can't wait to get down down DOWN even more to reach the weights of the other chicks here.

Who's still here? Post back and let us all know how you're doing!

JayZeeJay
07-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Beila, congrats and welcome! Nicely done, what a great feeling it is to bust through a barrier after so many months.

I'm still bouncing 147-149 so it's plateau time for me despite being on plan etc. But that's OK, I think lots of current stress in my life, with moving and starting a new job soon, is possibly causing me to hold onto every molecule of fat. Nothing to do but keep on keeping on.

Beila
08-01-2011, 03:19 AM
How are my 140's Chicks here? I am bouncing between 148-149.

This week's Weigh-In goal (Thursday for me):

When you see it, you think about it. When you think about it, you start to do something about it. When you do something about it, it becomes reality.

:)

Proatthis
08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Hey I'm new to the 140s!!! I weighed 149 last week and when I weigh in tomorrow I hope to be down more.

Michelle2008
08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
I am stuck at 141!! Pulled a muscle at the gym yesterday so have to take a few days off!! A few pounds ago being in the 140s felt great - now it's frustrating.

JayZeeJay
08-02-2011, 12:57 PM
After a week of backpacking (tons of grueling exercise and minimal food), I'm down to 144! Now to maintain that loss and keep moving on.

Beila
08-03-2011, 04:13 PM
After a week of backpacking (tons of grueling exercise and minimal food), I'm down to 144! Now to maintain that loss and keep moving on.

WOW! JazyZee, that is HUGE motivation for me to tag alongside w/ ya! I sooo want to be that low right now!!

I have a huge hike planned for this friday, so maybe I will get similar results?? I dont know. A 2-3 pound loss for the next day after the hike would be great!

It's a good 5 hour hike, up Mt. Baldy, 10,065ft, but I'll only be hiking like half of that. Taking the chair lift to half way mark up.

Currently I'm bouncing betwee 148.5-150.0 :o

Wish me luck!

JayZeeJay
08-04-2011, 06:23 PM
WOW! JazyZee, that is HUGE motivation for me to tag alongside w/ ya! I sooo want to be that low right now!!

I have a huge hike planned for this friday, so maybe I will get similar results?? I dont know. A 2-3 pound loss for the next day after the hike would be great!

It's a good 5 hour hike, up Mt. Baldy, 10,065ft, but I'll only be hiking like half of that. Taking the chair lift to half way mark up.

Currently I'm bouncing betwee 148.5-150.0 :o

Wish me luck!

Best of luck! Hiking steep slopes is great if you're like me and most of your usual activity is on pretty flat terrain. It's good to change things up on your workout now and then, I should do it more often.

Beila
08-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Best of luck! Hiking steep slopes is great if you're like me and most of your usual activity is on pretty flat terrain. It's good to change things up on your workout now and then, I should do it more often.

Yeah, it should be fun to change up activity level. I haven't hiked Mt. Baldy in a while, so that is going to be fun!

I hope to be 144 soon like you too! Or you'll be skinnier by then, but I just can't wait to weight that much! What an inspiration! Thanks for coming back to post your low weight with us! Gives me motivation!

Mork
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm 145, have been for 3 weeks, well 147 then 146 then 145 again. I guess they aren't joking about those last 5 pounds.

Proatthis
08-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Down 1 pound today. It was the pound I gained last week. So I'm back to 149.Slow and steady I guess. Feels good. Also I took my measurements yesterday. I finished the 30 Day shred and see a difference. Just wished I took measurements at the start. I am now doing Ripped in 30 so I will see
how I do this month.

Beila
08-10-2011, 03:41 AM
I have been bouncing around 149-152! OMG, this isn't good. I have recommitted myself today and I will make my way back to 140's land and NEVER turn back to 150's again.

I made the mistake of feeling "entitled" to eating more and being lazy with exercise...NO! It doesn't help! I have to keep exercising just to MAINTAIN the low weight. Seriously, this is what it's going to take, then I HAVE to do the exercise every day and eat well. (not overeat).

I'll update with better progress in a few days.

Good job PROATTHIS!!! So happy for you!

Proatthis
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Beila how are you doing? Did u solidify the 140s? I am still working on it. I weigh in tomorrow and really hope I am down. Even 148 will make me so happy. I have TOM looming and not sure if I will have a gain or not.

Beila
08-16-2011, 01:40 AM
Beila how are you doing? Did u solidify the 140s? I am still working on it. I weigh in tomorrow and really hope I am down. Even 148 will make me so happy. I have TOM looming and not sure if I will have a gain or not.

Still bouncing around proatthis, its so bad, I have been 150 for the past several days, and I hope to get it down to 147 by thursday. That is my goal!!

How about you? What is your next mini goal? Talk soon!

JayZeeJay
08-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi ladies!

Beila, how was your hike?

Proatthis, I also have TOM looming and I am just NOT getting on the scale for a bit. I know it will be up, I can tell from the watery bloating in all of my bodily parts. Every so often, my TOM bloat is extreme and now is one of them. It's probably because I have been eating lots of really salty foods, I've been craving them more because of running more.

Resolved: I will weigh again next Monday at the latest.

Proatthis
08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey ladies

Beila let's get refocused and sail through the 140s! You can get to 147 this week.

Jayz I hear ya on the TOM issues. Sometimes I'm so bloated and it's so uncomfortable. Just drink lots of lemon water and the good thing is it will go
away eventually.

I weighed in today and lost 1.5 pounds! Which puts me at 147.5. I'm so happy and motivated right now. I can't wait to see 145 which is my 10% goal. And then 139!

JayZeeJay
08-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Proatthis: lemon water it is!! I hate this level of bloat, even my bras don't fit right now.
Congrats on the recent loss! That's fantastic!

Beila
08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey you guys, i'm so sad, i weighed in at 152.5 this AM... :(

I just overate so much last night. Can't even begin to tell you since there was so much food.

I had let the whole day go by without eating anything really substantial, so when dinner time came, i ate so fast and a lot since I was rushing to get out of the house to go see a show with friends. Then we had to cancel it b/c of some issue with the girls not getting on time, so then just ended up getting my free "birthday" entree (bday was in may) at a mexican restaurant and free "birthday" dessert from the diner next door. I just used up the coupons b/c of the lack of an "interesting" night for myself, watched a dvd, and went to bed.

I didn't need to eat the mexican food nor dessert (a la mode) since I had already eaten my dinner in a rush. Just sucks when I do something like that you know!

Anyways, i haven't seen the 140's in a week or so, so i'm hoping to drop weight fast. My new goal is 1.5 pounds lost per week.

I put it all in excel.
It should get me to 129 lbs (my goal) by thanksgiving (13 weeks).

Who's with me!?

Beila
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Here is my goal excel file.

Check it out!!!

Comments are welcomed. Let me know if you think this is doable.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdG9LV29RQ3VBZGFCM3k5cTFHQlBCT Xc&hl=en_US

Proatthis
08-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey Beila

I looked at your goal sheet. It looks good my only concern is that do you think your goal weight is to low for your height? I'm not trying to be rude or discouraging but you are 2" taller than me and when I get to 120 I can't stay there cause it's too low for me.

I just don't want you to be struggling to get to and maintain a goal that is unrealistic.

I hope you have had a great weekend and let me know how your doing. I don't weigh in untiltomorrowand hope I have held my 147.5 over my crazy weekend and with TOM here.

Beila
08-23-2011, 02:47 AM
Hey Beila

I looked at your goal sheet. It looks good my only concern is that do you think your goal weight is to low for your height? I'm not trying to be rude or discouraging but you are 2" taller than me and when I get to 120 I can't stay there cause it's too low for me.

I just don't want you to be struggling to get to and maintain a goal that is unrealistic.

I hope you have had a great weekend and let me know how your doing. I don't weigh in untiltomorrowand hope I have held my 147.5 over my crazy weekend and with TOM here.

You're right, I looked at my old "skinny pictures" when I was 120ish and it doesn't look very healthy. I added 5 more pounds, so now my 2 goals are 135 lbs by thanksgiving, and 125 by May 2012.

Check it out:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdG9LV29RQ3VBZGFCM3k5cTFHQlBCT Xc&hl=en_US#gid=0

So from now until Thanksgiving, I just need to lose 1 pound per week. Then after that, just 0.4 pounds per week until May 2012. (Before, it was 1.5 lbs / week from now until Thanksgiving and 0.3 pounds per week until May 2012).

So what do you think?

I can show you pics of me at 120 lbs and 125 (either in a PM or message below this post).

Beila
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
147.5 lbs WOO HOOO!!! Lowest Weight in 2011

JayZeeJay
08-25-2011, 11:09 PM
147.5 lbs WOO HOOO!!! Lowest Weight in 2011

Heck yeah girl!!! Woot for you! That is a great feeling to hit a new low. Reward yourself! Pedi and a massage maybe? :D

Beila
08-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Heck yeah girl!!! Woot for you! That is a great feeling to hit a new low. Reward yourself! Pedi and a massage maybe? :D

Pedi AND massage! I need both! I'll get both on Saturday! I just need to stop feeling entitled now...every time i get to a "low" number, i start to feel entitled to eat more.

Makes no sense...

I'm almost caught up to you! Keep going JayZeeJay so that I can always try to catch up to you all the way to 120s!!

Proatthis
08-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Beila: way to go girl! Keep up the great work!

JayZeeJay
08-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm almost caught up to you! Keep going JayZeeJay so that I can always try to catch up to you all the way to 120s!!

Thank you for the pep talk! I need it right now. I am melting down with stress. I'm moving (2 hrs away) this weekend, dealing with some difficulties that are popping up with my new job (before I even start it - not a good sign), and my grandpa just had another heart attack. I may have to drop everything and fly back, but there's no one to take over the move if I do.

This is the kind of situation that used to send me to the cookie jar. I am trying to tell myself that eating cookies won't make Grandpa better, my job easier, or the move smoother, and they sure as heck won't make me happier in the long run. I had 2 last night but otherwise I'm on course. No exercise for almost a week though. No time for it, and all the box lifting has to count for something.

And I'm afraid my goal is less ambitious than yours Beila! 135 is my happy healthy weight to aim for. Not to discourage you: I'm broad shouldered and very muscular naturally (my dad was a squats champion and I inherited his build - so feminine!). So what doesn't work for me may very well work for you. We'll hit the 130's thread soon and then I will cheer for you the rest of your way. Heck you may hit 125 before I hit 135 - experience had taught me that the last 5 go SLOWWWW for me.

Beila
08-26-2011, 08:51 PM
I am trying to tell myself that eating cookies won't make Grandpa better, my job easier, or the move smoother, and they sure as heck won't make me happier in the long run. I had 2 last night but otherwise I'm on course. No exercise for almost a week though. No time for it, and all the box lifting has to count for something.

This is true, no food will make problems better. Only you can make problems better.

This tough and rough week will make you a stronger person in the end because when life gets rocky, we catch ourselves before we fall, and we learn from it, and become stronger people in the end. Good luck to all that you must endure and go through during this time.

Beila
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
I hit my august goal today or 145 ish! I weighed in at 145.5. Close enough!

SO I'm securely in 140's now :)

JayZeeJay
09-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Congrats Beila!

I have survived the hellish last few weeks, sort of. My grandpa was doing OK but then had a small stroke, on top of everything. And now he can't use his left arm and leg at all. Poor grandpa. Getting old is not for the weak.

The move was stressful and so is the pile of work involved in starting a big new job. I was doing well eating-wise, until I finally went to the grocery store yesterday and bought real food (I was living off of fruit and frozen dinners until now). And then last night, I had what I'm afraid qualifies as a binge. It's been a long time since that happened. I made myself weigh in today as a reality check. And it was a grim one.

I'm trying not to be too mad at myself, I know it's just stress. But I sure wish I had one point of stability in my life right now. I've changed my home, my job, left my family and friends behind, and rented a tiny inconvenient place that now I'm regretting. Oh, life.

Beila
09-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Congrats Beila!

I have survived the hellish last few weeks, sort of. My grandpa was doing OK but then had a small stroke, on top of everything. And now he can't use his left arm and leg at all. Poor grandpa. Getting old is not for the weak.

The move was stressful and so is the pile of work involved in starting a big new job. I was doing well eating-wise, until I finally went to the grocery store yesterday and bought real food (I was living off of fruit and frozen dinners until now). And then last night, I had what I'm afraid qualifies as a binge. It's been a long time since that happened. I made myself weigh in today as a reality check. And it was a grim one.

I'm trying not to be too mad at myself, I know it's just stress. But I sure wish I had one point of stability in my life right now. I've changed my home, my job, left my family and friends behind, and rented a tiny inconvenient place that now I'm regretting. Oh, life.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the stress you have been going through. It can only get better though from this point. I can't say any words to express the pain you must be feeling due to your grandfathers condition and the move and the new job. But the binge must have been as a result of your internal struggle to handle all of this. Instead of helping any of these situations, we binge to cope, we binge to make the other feelings go away, we binge to numb ourselves, and we binge to put ourselves in a bad state where we are in capable of doing anything, just so we don't have to deal with the situations and struggles. But that is only temporary. All of these things are temporary. I know how binging feels, and I am a recovering binger, so I know what this feels like. You can and will forgive yourself for this, and move on and become proactive again and help your life improve, because that is what happens. And your life will improve. You determine how fast or how slow this process will take. I hope you can realize this simple truth. Take care ... **Hugs**

JayZeeJay
09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Beila: thanks so much for the support! You are a truly awesome Chick. Keep rocking your way down the scale!

PrairieGirl
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Thread is looking a little dead, but I'm nearly ready to join (weighed in at 150.8)!

Beila
10-20-2011, 07:11 PM
yeah, i've been really busy, and sick...stressed out...it's been a tough 2 months with all that has happened. i'll come back and post the story about what's been happening with me if anyone is still subscribed to this thread.

140.5 lbs yesterday morning...but not because i have been exercising or dieting...in fact i've been very idle and eating tons of oils (healthy oils) to help recover from severe dermatitis (eczema).

anyways, i'll come back and talk soon.

nice to see you almost here Prairie Girl!

ironlovehandles
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I was wondering if a 140's thread existed!
Looks like you're almost out of here, Bella.
I've been at 146-149 for a year, now and have just started really challenging myself to get out of the 140's. 130 is my end goal, but I'm excited to see even the low 140's right now.

Melissa Lynn
10-21-2011, 09:07 AM
WOOO Hooooo 140's I'm finally here!! It has been a long road, and a LONG time since I have seen the number 145... it's gonna be a GOOD week LOL...

Thanks you Shaun T and clean eating!

Beila
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Buh bye 140's! I'm now in 130's today! 137.5! Yay!

Beila
11-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Find me in this thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/243745-get-me-out-130s-cont.html

Loseit
02-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Excited to join this thread.. Still a few pounds to go before touchdown!!! May be a week or two...!!

novangel
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
OMG, I want to be in the 140 club so bad! I hope to see all of you soon. :wave:

CherryPie99
02-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Sending good vibes to everyone trying to get into the 140's! I'm halfway through having weighed in at 145 this morning!

Aunrio
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Well I guess I will give this thread a bump as I weighed in at 68.0 kg or 149.9 lbs this morning. If I can keep it up I will be happy to find a place here. 137-140 is my end goal so this is the home stretch.

AccountAholic
02-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Hello everyone! I turned over my new leaf this morning - I hope! I'd really love to be below the 140s instead of just barely squeaking in before my birthday. I have almost 5 weeks. Cheers (with water!) to all of us making progress!

Aunrio
02-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Still sitting in the high 140s. I guess that means I can get comfortable with the thought of being below 150.

Loseit
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Am here... Am here!! Even though barely at 149.6!!!

CherryPie99
02-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Down another pound today - 143. I can almost taste the 130's!!

Aunrio
03-03-2012, 05:47 PM
145.9 after my Sat. workout. Progress feels good.

ErinT
03-06-2012, 09:41 AM
I can join now! 149.8 this morning. :) I hope I am still here tomorrow! The scale is moving SLOW lately.

Aunrio
03-07-2012, 09:15 PM
I timidly stepped in a couple of weeks ago. Just more determination to keep the scale in the 140's!

PrincessSophia
03-08-2012, 04:09 AM
I am still here.... Hope to leave it by end of month

ErinT
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
You're really close to leaving it! Congrats!!

bunnabear
03-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Okay, I fell off the wagon. Plummeted off the wagon may be more appropriate. When I weighed myself this morning after a long haitus from diet, exercise, and logging in here, I was at 154. I am disappointed but ready to get back on track. I hope to be back in the 140s club soon.

Aunrio
03-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Bunnabear, that was so me last week. I got too friendly with takeout food and some gelato I discovered at Publix over the past two weekends and crept back up to 152. Felt guilty then treated myself to a massage as my husband gave me a pep talk for getting this far. That worked, because I have managed to get back to 147.5. Just keep swimming.

bunnabear
03-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Aunrio! Don't you hate when you find something new like that and you love it and almost can't get enough. I have become almost reluctant to try new foods that are not "healthy" items for fear I will love them :) Keep up the great work, you are headed in the right direction!

I was dilligent this week without being so restrictive that I set myself up for failure and I'm down 2 pounds. YAY! Today is my "cheat day" so I have to strive for moderation and not ruin my progress.

CherryPie99
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
141 this morning. I'm creeping slowly closer to the 130's!

Aunrio
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
So happy I made it through the weekend with Dairy Queen and cookies and managed to maintain weight. Now to tackle a pound this week.

Aunrio
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
How are all of you doing that have been staring the 130s in the face, ErinT and PrincessSophia? I had a happy day because I stood on the balance scale at the gym in my clothing and only had to move the heavy weight to 100 and the light one to 48. Now my goal is not to have to move that big weight back to 150 again, unless I am wearing the heaviest winter coat ever.

ErinT
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
I've been cheating here and there. I got a nice promotion at work and my husband brought home a single serving of sheet cake (my favorite!!) to celebrate! I have been trying not to overdo it terribly, but I haven't been as careful lately. Still today, I found myself down another 2 lbs. I'm really happy. I had a goal weight of 145 by my baby's first birthday and I have passed that. I think the next 14 lbs are going to be the hardest!!

Aunrio
03-24-2012, 04:23 PM
ErinT, congrats on the promotion and meeting your postpartum goal weight early. I remember going to my primary care doctor on my son's first birthday last November and I was able to fit size 10 pants, which was the first time for that :-). I just hit a goal of being able to do unassisted pull ups within a year of joining the YMCA. I did it 2 months early but now I have to do something about these man muscles I have. J/k sort of.

Aunrio
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Happy April 140s. Hope you all are doing well. Theoretically I am supposed to put in a lot of work this month to get down to the 137-140 range which is where I wanted to maintain. However I got into size four pants and think today's weight may be the max on my maintenance range though I want to a lower percent body fat.

Aunrio
04-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Did Easter hit anyone else hard? My Monday weight check had me two pounds up. Working extra hard this week to compensate for indulgences and to shift the scale in the other direction

Aunrio
05-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Oh well. I was resisting talking to myself which is the case after 3 posts in a row. I dropped a pound finally but have 5 to go. This is a lonely ten pounds. It does seem like goal weights are either set at 150 or somewhere in the 120-130 range so most members do their darnedest to not have anything to do with the 140s. Good luck to all venturing through this Spring. I have got 6 weeks to get my beach body.

ElizabethLC
05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Aunrio! I'm happy to get to join you here as today I weighed 149! I have been stalled for months. I had to really start working on my night time snacking to get the weight moving down again. 148 and lower is VFT for me (Virgin Fat Territory).. my lowest adult weight was 148.5. Before that I had only been in the 140s on my way up in jr high/highschool!

Way to go on being in size 4 pants!! That is so amazing!!

Aunrio
05-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Why thank you and welcome. I like the idea of VFT. I have been there about 22 pounds now and I am still not used to it. Good luck and hope you see that territory real soon.

electrongirl
05-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone! I am at my goal weight, 146lb currently. I would like to go a bit lower but I am taking a break from losing at the moment and just maintaining.

Aunrio
05-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Welcome electrongirl. Congratulations on reaching goal. Feel free to share insights on dropping those last pesky pounds before goal.

electrongirl
05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
In total it took me 14 months to lose 55lb with Weight Watchers. The last 10lb took about 4 of those months. The last few were tough to budge but I just kept plugging along and finally made it.

Aunrio
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Then it seems my plugging along is right on track. I felt like the first twenty were gone in two months while the last twenty have taken six months. At this rate I will be lucky to get rid of the last 5 by the end of summer.

tonimaroni2
05-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found this thread. Although I'm not a 30-something I'm FINALLY out of the 150's. I weighed in at 148.8 this morning. I've been at 149 a time or two but didn't want to say I was done with the 150's just yet. I think I'm far enough away from it now to say it's for sure. :)

My mini goals for the 140's are at 145 I'm going to buy new, better fitting clothes - I need them badly and at 140 when I'm officially not overweight anymore, I'm going to buy my very first bikini since I was about 12. YES!

Aunrio
05-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Congrats Toni. I have yet to get my swimsuit but I got a cruise next month and I am trying to decide if I will get a two piece, which would be a first. Exciting.

Aunrio
05-21-2012, 01:38 PM
I just bought the smallest sized bra I have ever owned. Supposedly my ideal weight is 137 but I may be calling it because I didn't know I was that attached to the girls and don't want them any smaller. I guess I will be hanging around the 140s for a long time.

Loseit
05-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Hello Everyone!!! I almost got to the 140's few months back and then fell off the wagon!! Have not weighed myself for a long time and today.. I was 146.8!!! I have been in the early 150's for a really long time!!!
I think I just got over my plateau!! Hopefully, will see more poinds coming off before July 4th!!

Aunrio
05-27-2012, 05:27 PM
There's something to be said for the scale break. I hadn't weighed for 4 days while family was in town and checked yesterday to discover I dropped to 142.6 this week from 144.8.

ja2ma6lee
05-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi ALL. I have not posted to this forum in a really long time. Looks like it was a year ago since I last visited. A lot has happened in a year and I'm happy to say I'm out of the 160s and 150s. I spent most of last year with a personal trainer. I'd love to get one again but unfortunately don't have the funds and am actually going for my CPA. I took the first of four test and passed (thankfully), but that included a lot of stress eating and no time at the gym. I'm trying to study for the second section, which isn't going as well as the first. This time around I want to keep up with eating healthy and getting in at least 3 work outs a week. I'm a huge fan of the Biggest Loser and am 4 days on the menu plan outlined is Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules" book. I have also stopped drinking diet soda which is a huge accomplishment for me.

I'm currently 146.6 and my goal is 135. It be nice to get there by the end of the summer.

Aunrio
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi all. It's a new month with new challenges. I am have a cruise this month for my Mom's 60th. I have some trepidation about the bathing suit but excitement about the celebration.

ja2ma6lee
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Enjoy your mother's celebration. I'm sure you'll look fine in a bathing suit and will get to show off your hard work. A new bathing suit is actually going to be my reward when I lose my next five. I want new pants and other clothes but really wanna lose the weight first.

I am excited that I joined a new gym today. My friend is joining to so that will help keep me motivated. I don't want to over do it so I'm aiming for 30-40 mins 3-4 days a week.

Aunrio
06-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Leaving in 5 days for the cruise. Checked the scale, which I have been avoiding. I got 140.8. Now I am nervous about hitting the bottom line and having to maintain.

ja2ma6lee
06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Congrats on the 140. I haven't seen any loss. I'm discouraged and back to old bad habits. Fighting with the bf and stress fro work is just adding to everything. I wish I had better coping skills.

Aunrio
06-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Isn't it a shame that Ben and Jerry are there for us all the time. I feel like at our height, the 140s just seem to be a place the body likes. A month with nothing moving then the scale slides down. Keep it up. I am worried about relaxing too much or not enough with the diet while on vacation.

ja2ma6lee
06-12-2012, 08:42 AM
One of my problems is I take on too much and eventually something's gotta give and that's definitely my eating. I agree for our height the 140's aren't bad and I'm sure we look great. I just have an ideal weight and size I'm struggling to get to. For most my life I was stick thin and ate anything I wanted. I'm paying for that now.

Try not to worry too much about vacation and just enjoy urself. I have a feeling it won't be as bad as you think. I have always found vacation gave me the extra time to exercise. So maybe snack a little more and get moving a little more at their gym or a fun activity excursion. I climbed the waterfalls in Jamacia twice and loved it. I'm sure your cruise will have a lot of the same regardless where you travel.

mrslynah
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm dipping my toe into this thread since I'm finally in the 140's and about to turn *gasp* thirty!
I'm sure none of you want to hear how freaked out I am about turning 30 or the fact that I'm already married with an 8 year old and an 8 month old and my youth is so long far BEhind me! Haha. I really love my life, but a birthday can bring up all those feelings.
My goal is 125 by 30, my birthday being September 17th. My mom is turning 50 this year as well, and to celebrate (and cope!) with our birthdays, we are going to run a 5k together in the fall. I am also planning a trip to Miami where my mom lives for a weekend in late September to just bond and relax for the first time since having my second daughter.

I had a very complicated pregnancy and was on bed rest for several months. I am losing babyweight (142 pre preg weight) and then hoping to lose another 17 to reach my dream weight. :) We'll see if my body wants to be skinny as much as I do. Haha.

Have a great day, ladies!

mrslynah
06-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Leaving in 5 days for the cruise. Checked the scale, which I have been avoiding. I got 140.8. Now I am nervous about hitting the bottom line and having to maintain.

Wow! Congratulations!

ja2ma6lee
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I'd love to see 140.8 on the scale. I can't seem to get under 146 and every time I see it the next day I'm back up. I was doing so well (exercising and eating right), then I hit my time of the month with chocolate and salt cravings, followed by crying and sleeping. We also got a heat wave in Jersey so I haven't made it to the gym in a week either.

I'm having a hard time too studying for my CPA and dealing with a lost pregnancy. I'd be having my first child at the beginning of August. However, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Yesterday, an email went out for a surprise baby shower for a woman in my office. I was angry cause timing wise the shower would of been for me also. Some days I'm ok with it and others just devastated that I'm not going to be a mom.

As for turning 30, I had a difficult time with that also. Once you get pass your 31st birthday, its easier and you don't really think about your age anymore (well for me at least). I kind of just stopped counting.

We are a world obsessed with numbers... the ones on the scale, amount of calories we consume, the size of our pants, dollars in our pay checks, digits on our birthday cards, scores on CPA exams, and minutes till its 5 oclock. TGIF!

ja2ma6lee
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm posting again. Not even sure if anyone is out there. I had more disappointing news again today. Found out the job I applied for is going to another girl in the office (ironically named Jamie also). Apparently, I'm a wonderful employee and did all the hard work last year that the person in the position failed to do, but she has her CPA and alas I do not. I'm a ball of emotions, mostly aggravation and disappointment. I am proud of myself though, instead of heading off to Crumbs for a cup cake or Ben and Jerry's for ice cream, I went to the gym and got in a good work out. I think that really helped clear my head. When I got back up, I ate my left overs from last night. The women were complimenting me on my healthy eating and weight lose. That was a nice feeling. I need to focus on the positive and get away from this negative. It will only cause me more aggravation and heart ache.

My boyfriend and I are on a three month plan of eating healthy and working out. We set up some do's and don'ts to stick by so we can be beach ready come November for a trip to FL. I have that to look forward to.

Aunrio
07-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh Jamie, sad to hear about the job. Glad to see you know your worth. I am headed to FL in November as well. I am thinking about running my first 5k while there but not sure yet as I really don't like running but will be trying to maintain the weightless and survive my mother-in-law's delicious dinner.

ja2ma6lee
07-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the support :)

Its hard for me to visit my parents cause its all about the food when I get out there so I feel your pain! My bf and I went for the 4th and I haven't stopped eating since. I'm kicking as* with the work outs but food is another story. My friend treated me to Cuban last night and it was delicious.

Hopefully eating will be better today. I need to get to the grocery store this weekend and that should help. I am going to the Roger Water concert tonight with my bf so I have to watch my food and beverage intake tonight.

Hopefully you can run the 5k. I'm not a fan of running either. Trying to build up on the treadmill. My friend mentioned a biathanlone but no date on the calendar yet. Just my goal of 130-135 for Sept 25.

ja2ma6lee
07-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Aunrio- how was ur cruise? Any fun excursions? Did your mom enjoy?

whiningawayxz
07-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi, Jamie. Just read your comments. I'm in almost the same boat. We had a missed miscarriage at the end of the first trimester and I'm dealing with the pregnancy weight gain, massive crazy moodswings, and complete lack of desire to get my a** moving. (But I will, because I can't stand being such an abject sack of doodoo.) I'm 146 and hating it. I'd finally gotten dwn to 138 when we got pregnant then put on the lbs because of the energy drain--I have a toddler and was going to bed at 8pm. At anyrate... Here I am in the 140's, moody, frustrated, and feeling about 10+ yrs older than I am. I'm one frustrated lady.

I'm really amazed and inspired by you people who want to do 5k's. I loathe running. Love being active and exercise, but God, I am not a runner. I'll do almost any exercise but that. Bless your hearts those of you that are.

And here I go, off for a short walk to get the body moving. Cheers ladies!

ja2ma6lee
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the post whiningawayxz. Once you get moving, its easier to stay moving. I actually lost weight (and muscle) when pregnant cause I was so nauseous. I was working with a PT before the pregnancy and picked up again afterwards, but then ran out of sessions and switched gyms. I'm actually meeting with him next week. I'd like hire him back outside of his current gym.

I'm really good with my workouts, but not the eating. I love SWEETS. I'm starting at a cookie and brownie right now. I already had my protein bar and could continue eating.

The lady I work with had her baby girl yesterday. I am on such a baby kick, I want one now.

Aunrio
07-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks for inquiring. The cruise went great, probably because of the lack of cell service and Internet. I gained quite a bit despite 6am gym trips every morning but 1, but that was to be expected with 24/7 food.I just got back to 140.2 today, 3 weeks after getting back. Oh and Jamie, keep kicking as* with the workouts! whiningawayxz- I am with you on despising running but I am thinking about training as motivation to stay fit since I am basically at goal.

novangel
07-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Hello? I finally made it here! :) I won't be able to exhale though until I see 148p.

LizRR
07-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone - just thought I would also 'dip my toes' in here since my home scale this morning at 8am said 143.2. I update my ticker based on my coach's official scale which is usually ~3lb heavier, and it said 150.2 last Friday at 1pm. But according to home scale I've 'whooshed away 4.2lb since Friday (-2.6 Sat morning and -1.6 this morning)...so I made the big jump into this thread! I figured even with the ~3lb difference, I'd still be in the 140s with my recent whoosh.

I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow and will miss this Fridays weigh-in, I should reach my goal weight by then but talked with my coach and will continue to stay on Phase 1 of Ideal Protein until the WI after that. I was going to reassess based on my BF%, but I am pretty sure I will start phasing off when I get back. I bought size 2 jeans last week and they were 'snug' but they fit just right (w/no muffin top) today! I am at ~27% body fat (Normal range), hoping to be closer to the Fitness range by my phase off in 2 weeks....we will see.

Anyways - just wanted to introduce myself, as I am settling into the 140s! Enjoy your week and I can't wait for the beach tomorrow!!!

ja2ma6lee
07-18-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome Novangel and LizzRR. Glad to see some new comers to the 140s thread. I feel like I've been here forever and my scale jumps all over the place. I need to start eating right or I'll be back in the 150s before I know it.

Liz- I love your tag line for a healthy baby making weight. My bf and I are working on that goal too. We would of been excepting this August but unfortunately it didnt work out a we had hoped.

I start personal training again today with my old trainer and I'm very excited about that. I am thinking of seeing a nutritionist come this fall when I have less things on my plate.

LizRR
07-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Welcome Novangel and LizzRR. Glad to see some new comers to the 140s thread. I feel like I've been here forever and my scale jumps all over the place. I need to start eating right or I'll be back in the 150s before I know it.

Liz- I love your tag line for a healthy baby making weight. My bf and I are working on that goal too. We would of been excepting this August but unfortunately it didnt work out a we had hoped.

I start personal training again today with my old trainer and I'm very excited about that. I am thinking of seeing a nutritionist come this fall when I have less things on my plate.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I cannot begin to express my condolence. Big congratulations on the training, I love my weightlifting class - I take it 3x/week and feel so strong afterwards. I can actually see muscle definition in my arms and shoulders now!

ja2ma6lee
07-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks Liz.

Training yesterday was awesome. Slowly getting soarer and soarer as the day goes on. My goal is to get to the gym this evening and do some cardio and stretching to help alleviate some of that.

Still need to work on the diet. I keep repeating that so hopefully it will eventually happen.

Aunrio
07-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Jamie, did you hit your mini goal? I see your size goal and was wondering if you are there yet as you are the same height as me and I bought my first size 4 pants at 145 and have a 28 inch waist. I have a large dense head though so that maybe where I store my pounds.

ja2ma6lee
07-31-2012, 07:22 AM
No success reaching my goal yet. I carry all my weight in my stomach and have a plump butt. I havent lost weight in a long time. I haven't been sticking to eating right and have been missing work outs. Right now I need to focus on my CPA and getting a new job. I think taking on losing weight is being counter productive in achieving my other goals.

My current size is a tight 6 and comfortable 8. I can live with that for now. My bf and I are going to FL in nov. hopefully by the end of sep or early oct I can refocus my efforts on losing these final pounds.

I'm very jealous of ur size 4 and 28 in waist. Have you reached your size/goal? Are you looking to just maintain?

LizRR
07-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Ahh...the scale giveth and the scale taketh away! Yesterday my home scale said I was at 141.2lb, this morning 144.6lb! BUT - I know it is water retention, as Aunt Flo is knocking on my door - I'm just hoping this whooshes away before Friday @ 1pm as that's my final Weigh In with my coach for Phase 1 and I REALLY want to be 'officially' at 145lb goal according to their scale. My home scale is usually ~3lb lighter (first thing in the AM, birthday suit, after bathroom) - so I was on track to make it - just hope stupid hormones don't mess it up!

Well, no matter what - I still know I 'made it', at least unofficially - and I can't complain too much! I went to The Limited this weekend and fit into size 2! I was wearing Old Navy size 2, but was leery of their vanity sizing, so it's always great to get a 'second opinion'. I'm planning on hitting up Ann Taylor soon, so we'll see what the sizing fairies say I am there. It's a bit frustrating, because even within the same store, the different 'styles' can have different sizes!

novangel
08-01-2012, 11:41 AM
I was at 148.2 the other day so I'm almost at 147p! Gonna get there by my Birthday in 2 weeks hopefully.:carrot:

Aunrio
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Keep it up ladies. Jamie, I am lackadaisically trying to get a BMI of 22.0 but I am in no rush as I do not want to buy a smaller bra. Liz, you are too right about the scale. Official weighing at the doctor's office typically finds me in the lightest clothes I can wear which stinks in the winter. Novangel, any cool birthday plans?

ja2ma6lee
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Keep up the good work ladies. I have a job interview today and I'm squeezing into my size 6 suit. When I interviewed six years ago at my current job the suit was actually loose. I guess I should just be glad to get in it!

I have a lot of studying to do, so the gym and eating are side-barred till Wednesday.

whiningawayxz
08-06-2012, 01:04 PM
So, finally after two wks, during one of which Auntie Erma/Flo was occupying Main St, I'm dwn 2 lbs. Hot yoga, beginning ballet, 1x wk at YMCA, + one other activity is helping. I'm a little sore and I defn need more sleep, but it's such a relief to see a loss. Congrats to the rest of you who have had losses.

It's so strange how differently my body acts now than it did 5 yrs ago. I wish I knew whether it was just aging or having had a child or being 20 lbs heavier. Everything feels weird, creaky, and lethargic.

Aunrio
08-10-2012, 04:40 PM
It's so strange how differently my body acts now than it did 5 yrs ago. I wish I knew whether it was just aging or having had a child or being 20 lbs heavier. Everything feels weird, creaky, and lethargic.

I hurt a muscle in my back loading the dishwasher. Seriously, I haven't pulled or strained anything while working out for the past year. I do hear my joints some times when lifting weights. That is the sound of resistance to idly accepting the aging process ;-).

LizRR
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I hurt a muscle in my back loading the dishwasher. Seriously, I haven't pulled or strained anything while working out for the past year. I do hear my joints some times when lifting weights. That is the sound of resistance to idly accepting the aging process ;-).

Lol...my husband has pulled his hammy twice unloading the dishwasher! He's such a trooper, doesn't use it as an excuse to not do the dishes!

Aunrio
08-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Hello ladies. How's it going? I bounced down to 138.8 over the weekend but I am back up. I probably will never call myself at goal as maintenance is a task in itself and I fear giving myself a gold star for completion will make me less vigilant.

novangel
09-08-2012, 08:45 PM
It's been a month and a half and I'm still 148p. Granted no gain but what the h*ll?? I have 8 pounds to goal and I'm ready to bang my head on the wall. I've recently added more weight resistance to my rountine in hopes it kicks things into gear. I'm so over this journey. Seeing the scale not move an ounce makes me lose motivation. I won't quit but I want to.

Aunrio
09-14-2012, 03:07 PM
The weight resistance will change sizes even if weight doesn't drop. I can currently rock size 2 pants event when bloated. However my biceps won't allow me to wear certain shirts/dresses in size small. That's the price I pay I guess.

novangel
10-05-2012, 12:00 PM
146p! Scale is finally moving again! Getting there!

Aunrio
10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
So close Novangel! Then it will be time to get through the holiday season. I am at 140+/-2 pounds but I am terrified of holidays with all the traveling, socializing, and sweets. Congrats on progress!

novangel
11-04-2012, 09:55 AM
145! :carrot: 2p pounds till goal...if I get to 140 that will be even better but my ultimate goal is to remain below 145p. :D

novangel
11-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Seeing as I have such few pounds to lose I only lose about .5 to 1p a month if I'm lucky. No way will I go overboard at the holidays, it's too much work. :lol:

StephInLA
11-22-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm back...I was looking and feeling AMAZING at 142 for about a year and then I took a 3 month trip and I lost my routine. While I was gone I wasn't able to eat my regular foods and my exercise routine was thrown out the window. I gained about 4 pounds in that 3 months, which is not too bad but then I came home and gained another 4 pounds in the following 6 weeks, which is a scary trend. I had gone back to my old ways!! I was over-eating, snacking on sugary sweets and candy and not exercising, blah, blah...I finally had the courage to get on the scale this week and it was 150.2. Ugh...After I tested the scale a few times to make sure it wasn't broken, reality set in and I felt really hopeless and depressed. I even had trouble sleeping because I was too busy beating myself up for being a failure and letting all my hard work go to waste over something as stupid as food. I still can't believe I went back to my old ways! I really thought I had made a permanent change and that going back was impossible, but I guess I need to be more vigilant. It took me a few days to get my mojo back but TODAY was my first day back on my diet routine. I'm going to get back to 142!! I'm going back to what worked the first time: 1400 calories a day plus 90 minutes of exercise 6 days a week. I can do it. I loved being a part of the 140's...and I looked really good and was proud of myself like never before at 142.

I have guests coming in 2 weeks and then I am having a baby in January (with a surrogate- I'm not the one who is pregnant!) and I want to look good for my baby's first photos. I'm psyched to get started on a new life and want to take this time to re-focus on myself and my habits so that I am a healthy and confident new mom.

Thank you to all the ladies in this group who keep the thread alive. It was so nice to find this thread again when I really needed a "public" place to declare my intentions.

bridietogo
11-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Delighted to see this thread... very motivating.

jenn33082
01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Bumping this thread. :)

I on 3FC a few years ago and everyone really help me lose 50 lbs. I've gained a small bit back, so here I am again :) I really only need to lose about 8-13 lbs which seems easy-peasy, but it seems almost harder when its just a small amount. If that makes sense.

I started back to calorie counting on Jan 2nd and have already lost 2 pounds. But I'm having difficulties in finding the motivation to work out. I'm hoping that after a few more weeks of eating right and getting my energy back, that that will change.

GraceAlone
01-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Hello! I am fairly new to 3FC. I am in the 140's, but hopefully not for long! Looking forward to hitting my goal weight. It has been a long 15 year journey for me: started out at 205 pounds when I got married and have been whittling down after having each of our 5 children. We are done having children, the youngest is 4 years old. I need to lose this last bit!

jenn33082
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
146.25 as of today!

Loseit
02-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Ok... Anybody still here? Been here before and got back to late 150's . Now at 145 just needing to make an extra effort to touch the 130's!!!

CleverName
05-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Bumping this thread up! Is anyone else in the 140's? I've been hovering between 149-150 this week, but because I saw 148.8 on the scale this morning, I'm calling it!
Now on to the 130's!

curlyfroyo
05-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Hey CleverName!
You and me both. I just entered 140s this week as well , very nervous im going to get on the scale and lose it so im trying really hard to get to 145 to sort of put my flag in the ground. Im also hoping it will be kinder than it was last time. Last time 145 to 140 took FOREVER to get through. Lets get through it together!

CleverName
06-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi Curly!
I'm slowly but surely working on it.

05/31: 147.0
06/01: 148.8
06/02: 147.8
06/03: 147.0

curlyfroyo
06-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Hi Curly!
I'm slowly but surely working on it.

Congrats! Since I posted here I did get to 147.8 or .6 and then the next week it shot up to 154 for some reason I was frustrated but stuck with it and then the following week went to 149.8. Now im midway through this week, I weighed myself yesterday: 147.2, so its proving to be a battle to get to 145 like I had planned lol.

bunnabear
06-05-2013, 12:19 PM
140.8 this morning!!!

CleverName
06-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Curly, keep at it!
Bunnabear, wow- you're doing awesome! Congrats on being at goal- or are you waiting until you're 140.0 to call it goal?

I'm doing well, although I'm expecting to gain weight soon- going away for 11 days, visiting family for 3 days, then going to be Matron of Honour at my bff's wedding- its a weekend long affair, and I'll be there for a week total. I'll be missing my babies something fierce- I have a 4.5 year old, 2.5 year old, and 11.5 month old. I'll get back home the day before my little man's 1st birthday.

06/04: 147.0
06/05: 146.6

bunnabear
06-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Curly, keep at it!
Bunnabear, wow- you're doing awesome! Congrats on being at goal- or are you waiting until you're 140.0 to call it goal?

Thank you! I am waiting just because I seem to keep fluctuating here at the end. I can't seem to keep it steady. For example, this morning I'm up to 141.6, but I think I know the reason behind that. I know that I will be nervous to call it goal just because of my history and I'm afraid to get too comfortable.

curlyfroyo
06-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Ive been in the (upper)140s for a week now. So I guess i can officially call it. I still havent had a "whoosh" or reached 10 lbs down and its been 5 weeks. Im really hoping I can know or see what this whoosh thing is about bc my body is kinda holding onto this fat like a bad lifetime network relationship.-sigh-

Congrats Bunnabear!

Mama Whitty
06-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Officially in the upper 140's. Hoping I can maintain them.

ja2ma6lee
07-09-2013, 08:07 AM
I haven't posted in awhile. I just gave birth to my first. A little girl, we named Heidi Ann. I love her to death but am extremely sleep deprived. I started back at the gym at the end of June and I'm struggling to eat better. I'm breastfeeding so burning a ton of calories but then filling up on empty ones which isn't good for me or the baby :(

Right now I weigh 149 in the morning on my home scale. I'd like to reach 140-142 by the end of the summer. I'm also hoping to get stronger to carry my little one around. She is about 11lbs at 6 weeks so a chubby little thing. With how big she is growing and all her things she needs when we travel I need to get in better shape.

Mama Whitty
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Hanging in the mid 140's. I really hope I can stick with my program and head to the 130's by the end of August. How is everyone else doing?

loser59
07-21-2013, 03:05 PM
wooooo just hit the 149's, haven't been in the 140's for a while!!! it's good to be back.

ja2ma6lee
07-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I can't seem to shake 149. I saw 145.8 on the scale before going to my parents for the weekend. It may of been a fluke. My baby has been getting a lot of gas and I'm breast feeding. I think it was the dairy I've been eating, but the doctor said to even cut out beans and lettuce. It seems the things I eat to lose weight are the things hurting her belly :(

I hope to see 145 again soon.

MermaidAtSea
01-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Woot! I am finally joining all of you lovely ladies. Just weighed in at 149 two days ago. Mini goal: 144. Ultimate goal: 130. Baby steps. :)

ja2ma6lee
01-20-2014, 02:05 PM
Mermaid - CONGRATS. I'm back in the 150s. Right on the boarder though. I joined weight watchers through my job. So I've got my fingers crossed to be back in the upper 140s by the end of the month.