Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, March 28 through Sunday, April 3, 2011

Vickie
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Happy New Week!

Vickie
03-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm on the run and won't be back tomorrow. I'm sure to gain 2 pounds but it is temporary!

jojo23
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm back in the zone and raring to go. It is a beautiful spring-like day in our part of the world and I've got my mojo back:carrot:

I have set myself a target, to lose 10lbs by Easter Monday. That's only 4 weeks away so I don't know if I will make it, but I know one thing: I won't gain any and to be honese whatever I lose will be very welcome. Have a good one everyone. It feels nice to be back.

beach bum
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:)

Had a bad night woke up with my finger tips burning. Had to take a Alive to get some relieve. Have no idea what the next step is if TP sessions aren't working.

Sunny but very windy so I guess walking on the beach is out. Going to use my bike while watching TV this afternoon.

VICKIE-Thanks for the new pages,have a great day and hope you W-I is successful.

JOJO-We having a beautiful spring day also in the states but the winds are making it feel cooler. Hope you get you wish and loss the 10 for Easter. I'm looking for a good loss also,but I aiming for less than yours, I like to get to my March challenge and loss 4 lbs but the end of this week.

Have a great day

ontarget
03-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi there. I just have a second here and wanted to tell you I won and set a new national record breaking the old record by 35 points. I shot my highest games of the season at Nationals. It doesn't get better than than in the archery world. Well, that is except for going to the Olympics or something like that.

I'll be back when I can. It may be Wednesday. I'm not sure. Hugs to you all.

ems81wales
03-28-2011, 06:45 PM
good luck jojo

pam920
03-28-2011, 06:49 PM
:congrat::broc::cheer::cheer2::cheer3: Sandra, wtg. I knew you would do well, and you did more than well, you rocked. We are missing you.

Maryann, hope they can figure out what to do to help you. It's been raining here all day, but a nice steady rain. We neeed it. I still have the window open enjoying the warm air.

Vicki, hope you did well at WI. When I read your first post, I thought you said Happy New Year, lol. Thanks for starting the new thread.

jojo, good to have you back. You've been missed.

I need to go grocery shopping. I'm out of grapes and bananas. I have a few small apples but that's it in the fruit department.

Tejas
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Sandra, you ROCK!!! I'm so proud of you, and so happy for you. Celebrate!!!

Maryann, that pain must be really tiring, and I'm sorry to hear it's still there.

Jojo, it's great to have you back, feeling well. Good luck, and I'll join you in trying to lose pounds by Easter Monday. I'll try for 8. I admit to a lot of frustration. I am eating well, at about 1500 calories a day. I can't exercise any more than I do. I don't even want to. So, we'll see what I can with a joint venture (hope you don't mind ;) )

All is well here. I have two new exercise routines that start next week. This week I am doing "maintenance" meaning that I am seeing the trainer twice for 30 minutes, not 60, and doing lower weight, less strenuous exercises.

I'm doing the piddly little exercises the orthopedist gave me. I don't feel much change, but I do feel relief that it's not too serious.

Take care, all.

jojo23
03-29-2011, 03:50 AM
It's nice to be back. I'm sure when we get the house sold we will move on to a new phase of our lives. There are too many memories here. However, only one house has sold in this road in the last year, its not much better nationally either.

Maryann I had exactly the same with my right arm and PT didn't do me a bit of good. I went to an osteopath who freed up the trapped nerve and I was good as new.

Sandra WAY TO GO:carrot::carrot::carrot: I'm telling everyone about my pal Sandra who is better than Robin Hood and is getting up to Olympic standard. Well done, I realize the amount of work and dedication it takes to get to your standard.

Hiyah Ems How goes it? Have you been watching Dancing on Ice? It's not as compelling for Mark and me as Strictly, but it's better than nothing. We wanted Laura to win.

Pam I missed all of you too. When I win the Lottery I'm going to fly over, take the top floor of an hotel near where Maryann lives and fly all of you down so we can all have a holiday together and it won't be too far for Maryann to travel

Rhonda I know the feeling well, you seem to get to a stage where the more you exercise the less you lose.

Well have a good day everyone. I went to see my mum yesterday who told me that she was only 61 (she was 91 in January)

ems81wales
03-29-2011, 10:06 AM
hey jojo i do watch dancing on ice but i dont watch strictly i wanted sam or chloe to win i dont like laura she done my head in lol

Where are you thinking of moving jojo?

Im of been exercising loads but still aint lost anything in two weeks im so frustrated it said id put a lb on this morning :( il have to wait and see what the ww scales say thursday night x

Tejas
03-29-2011, 10:09 AM
Jojo, I remember telling my mother her age when she was 89. She looked at me, aghast! NO, she almost yelled. :lol:

And, my bag is packed for our trip as soon as you win the lottery.

beach bum
03-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Its very cold out there and I will have to wear my winter coat to go to my PT session, other wise nothing new.

SANDRA-BIG CONGRATS for winning and setting a new national record.So Happy for you and proud to boot, we have a champion among our group.

PAM-AHHH!!! That must be a nice feeling to have the fresh air come in from your opened windows. Can't wait until we able to open ours.Speaking of windows I need to clean my from the outside. Thanks I wish I knew or the PT people would know what to do next as I can't live like [tingling yes /burning no] that.

RHONDA-Hate to complain to you guys,but its coming to nerve endings burning in my finger tips.

JOJO-Thanks. Where was the nerve trapped???? Maybe I should suggest that to my orthopedic doctor,as he waits to operated on my neck/spine area.Sending your some [[[[[[good vibes]]]]]] that you get your house sold. We just a a report on the local news that Cape Cod is having lots of problems in the real estate. Its a buyers market and too many homes here are foreclosures.

EMS-You're not the only one frustrated with the scale.One of the ladies on another board told me that she thinks my weight is at a stand still because of whole grain carbs. I was thinking after reading her post she maybe right so I'm going to add one carb to a meal to see if that's the case.

Have to get ready for my PT session,see you guys later

pam920
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
my bag is packed also, waiting in anticipation for jojo to call me, lol.

Sandra did amazing. I am so proud of her.

We watching Dancing with the Stars here. It it the same as your Dancing on Ice?

ems, hang in there. You still have a few days to go until WI.

Rhonda, that is why I don't exercise. I don't want my body to depend on it to keep the pounds off. Who am I kidding, lol. I'm too lazy to exercise. I don't understand why you aren't losing weight. You sure do enough exercise and you keep your calories low enough. Ask your trainer about i.

I got on the scale and was down another pound. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Only 12 more pounds to goal. Need to change my ticker.

It's gloomy here today. We are expecting rain most of this week. I'm not complaining. It's still warm and we need the rain.

Hi Maryann. We were posting at the same time. Hoping the session gives you some relief.

jojo23
03-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Maryann My nerve was trapped somwhere between my shoulder blades. I too was awaiting surgery. I don't like giving advice but here goes. If I were you, I would get my back assessed by an osteopath. Don't turn your back (pun not intended) on your doctor. I believe in orthodox and complimentary medicine walking side by side. So often you feel that you are forced to chose one or the other. That isn't the case. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. When you hear what the registered osteopath has to say, you can weigh it up against what your doctor says and make an informed decision.

Pam Dancing with the Stars is the same as our Strictly come Dancing. It starts in the autumn and goes on until Christmas. I think you get Len and Bruno as judges the same as us. Dancing on Ice is more or less the same but on skates.

Ems I wanted either Chloe or Laura to win, I didn't mind which really. I liked Laura because she couldn't skate when she started and in my opinion, she and Johnson made the most progress. I'm not a Richard and Judy fan so was surprised what a lovely young woman Chloe was.

I'm sitting in front of the TV (Himself is cooking tea) writing this and watching Malcolm in the Middle as I'm writing this

Tejas
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Maryann, I'll jump in here too with advice. I had some awful pain and limited function with my right arm. I found a good massage therapist who was able to relieve it with a few treatments. The trick is finding the good one.

Pam, I know why people don't exercise :rofl: The trick here is finding a cute trainer!! ;) :D :dizzy:

pam920
03-29-2011, 03:41 PM
jojo, we have skating on ice too. Dancing with the Stars just started last week and I think Skating starts when dancing is over.

Rhonda, so that is the secret. Duh, catch ya later, I'm off to find a cute trainer.

nancy237
03-30-2011, 03:31 AM
I wanted my friends here to know that I lost my beloved Robin
Monday at 4pm. He developed pneumonia and that on top of the other infections was just too much for a body to handle.
He is dancing with Jesus right now, but those of us who lost a great grandpa, dad, husband, uncle, nephew or friend will have a hard time adjusting to not having him here with us,

jojo23
03-30-2011, 03:48 AM
Can't write anything for tears. I felt I knew Nancy and Robin. This is so sad

ems81wales
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Nancy im so sorry to hear about your loss sending big hugs and comfort to you xxxx

Vickie
03-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh Nancy, I'm SO sorry and SO shocked. I'm crying here for the shock of it so I can't even imagine how your world must be reeling. I wish there was something I could say or do that would make you feel comfort. Robin is no longer in pain and discomfort but my tears are for you.

We're here if that helps.

pam920
03-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Nancy, I'm so sorry. May you find comfort knowing Robin is dancing with the Lord.

beach bum
03-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Oh Dear Nancy:)

I'm Having Mixed Emotions Right Now,as I'm Crying For You But I'm Happy Your Robin Isn't Suffering Anymore. He's At Peace And He's In Heaven With The Lord.

Its Going To Be Hard Going On Alone,but Remember That Your Not Alone The Lord Walks With You Always And At Every Moment . Lean On Him And Talk To Him The Lord Will Give You Peace And You'll Find That You Can Go On.

Think About Joining A Bereavement Group For A While. I Found My Best Friend Alice There. Now We Go Everywhere Together. Try To Keep Busy Is Another Way Cope,going To Different Church Or Senior Activities Where You Meet People,and Can Talk. Meet My Friend Rita There.

We Are Always Here For You So If You Need To Vent Post And Much As You Can And We All Will Be Able To Help.

Saying Prayers For You Dear Nancy,but Remember You Are Never Alone.

Love And Hugs
Maryann

blessedwithsarah
03-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Nancy, I'm so sorry. I pray for your strength now. HUGS.

Tejas
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh, our dear Nancy. You know that we are all praying for you and your family. Your loss is staggering, and we are all sad for you. We will do whatever we can do by being here, listening and responding.

Maryann has given you some good advice.

Love,
Rhonda

ontarget
03-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Nancy, it breaks my heart to think of your sadness. I am so sorrry. I wish there were more I could say. Please know that I'm thinking of you.

We are home.

nancy237
03-31-2011, 12:18 AM
The encouragement means a lot to me . The plans & arrangements
have been falling into place. Its wild how much is involved to plan
services & such. I just want to rest & cherish my family being home but the
list is so long of tasks & deadlines.

I think I am going to be okay..missing him but taking care of myself .

Tejas
03-31-2011, 12:36 AM
You know, and we know, that he would want you to take care of yourself. That's what love is all about, and love endures.

jojo23
03-31-2011, 03:23 AM
Nancy No one and nothing can prepare you for the hurt you are feeling now. The one who could get you through a nightmare like this, isn't there. I found that talking about our daughter really helped and also, to let the tears fall whenever, wherever. Bottling up doesn't help. You may find that in the weeks to come, people you haven't seen for a while may try and avoid you. It happened to us. They cross to other side of the mall when they catch sight of you. It isn't that they don't care, it is that they have no idea what to say to you, how to get out through their mouths what they are feeling inside. We used to run after them and tell them we understood. It broke the ice no end.

Our Spring seems to have gone back to bed. It is cold wet and windy. I know we need rain for the gardens but it is most miserable.

Vickie
03-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The scale has finally started to move downward. I guess that's part of my reward for going to bed hungry last night. I'll be eating at a restaurant today so it's bound to go back up a bit. I'll be drinking lots of water to flush.

Nancy, I thought of you so many times last night. I know your whole family has surrounded you at this terrible time. I hope you have some local friends on whom you can rely. But, also know that we are here if you ever need to just get things off of your chest. You've lost your sounding board. I cannot even imagine, nor do I want to, the horror of that. You sound as if you are managing and that's a great thing. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sandra, I'm SO sorry that I didn't congratulate you here on this board for your accomplishments. You are an amazing and strong woman. Kudos to Curtis too, for making you such a great competitor!

Light and Love to all!

pam920
03-31-2011, 10:21 AM
Nancy, you are in my thoughts and prayers. We never know what tomorrow brings. My mom was here one day and gone in an instant. I wasn't prepared for her leaving, as she wasn't sick. Please let yourself go through the grief process. I never did and after 13 years, I still have issues about her death. I'm glad you checked in last night to let us know how you are.

jojo, we have rain this week. They have interrupted all the local programming as someone spotted a tornado south of here.

As most of you know, my husband is in KY and I'm still in Florida. He went to see the dr. to get his bp meds. His bp has been a little high lately, so she increased his dosage. She also called to say his glucose was high and now he officially has type II diabetes. She has been on him for a couple years, along with myself about his eating habits. We have watched his glucose get higher each year. She is putting him on medication. He is totally addicted to sweets, and processed foods. When I get back to KY, I will try to get him to eat the way I do, and hopefully he can do this with diet and exercise and not have to take medication to control it. This is not going to be easy.

Welcome back Sandra, you were missed.

Hi Vickie. We were posting at the same time. Congrats on your loss. I sometimes get the munchies late at night. I ask myself...do you really need this?? Sometimes I give in, but mostly I pass. You can do this, I have faith in you.

Vickie
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Pam, Jim has type II diabetes too. It's a constant struggle for him. He's on medication but only has to take it orally if his morning sugar is over 100. Many days he doesn't have to take it at all. He's managed his just with exercise...nothing extreme, just walking outside and treadmill for about 30 minutes a day and weight loss. He's also learned over the years what bothers him. You know it's not just sweets. Actually, rice and pasta cause my husband's blood sugar to spike more than cake. You should check out your insurance. Many completely cover diabetes classes and a few private meetings with a nutritionist. They allowed me to go with him and we both learned alot. Well, you probably already know it, but it's good to hear it with him so you can all sing the same tune! Take care in the tornado. I have a friend in Navarre. Are you close? Maybe I should check on her too.

Thanks for your moral support. I just ate breakfast and I'm still hungry. It's going to be a big water and fruit day. I don't dare go to the restaurant this hungry.

pam920
03-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Vickie, thanks! I talked to my husband this morning and he's going grocery shopping. I told him to just picture the foods I normally buy for me, lol. When I get to KY, I'm going to check about seeing a nutritionist. I'm pretty sure our insurance will cover at least one visit. He is not very overweight, maybe 20 lbs. He goes most of the day without eating, then eats one unhealthy meal and the rest of the night snacks on cookies, crackers, candy. I also told him to try and get on the treadmill for at least 10 minutes to start out. My husbands name is Jim also.

Not sure where Navarre is located. I'm in Central Florida on the gulf side.

blessedwithsarah
03-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi ladies. Just jumping on quick to share my latest snacking find. I've fallen in love with freeze dried fruit. I found organic dried apples in my local grocery store -- they are about $3 for a small bag. These are freeze dried without any added sugars. So from a calorie perspective they are very low. And they are nice and crunchy -- so for me its a great nighttime snack.

Well after paying the high price for a bit (DD and Dh both love these, and they were gone quickly) I ordered bulk from nutsonline dot com. I bought 2 pounds of freeze dried strawberries and 2 pds of apples. I didn't realize just how much 2 pounds of dried fruit is! Its much lighter than the sugar laden dried fruit.

If you find these locally -- give them a try. Very yummy! Just wanted to share.

beach bum
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
HI LADIES:)

Had a wonderful long night sleep and my hand didn't hurt. Went to PT Tuesday and I think we found the problem.So simple,but never thought of it before. SLEEPING ON MY STOMACH,which I have been doing all my life.Its wasn't my bulging disc but the muscle in front above my chest. She put the machine on the left muscle and worked on some of the exercisers for me to do and walla the pain subsided. This morning I do have a little tingling but the pain is gone.I think if I have to, I can live with that.

Went to my PT session this morning and this time I had my reg therapist and I told him about what happened to me while sleeping on my tummy. He was surprised at that saying he never heard of that happening to anyone. I told him I'm a rare case.He gave me a good massage and put another machine around my shoulder for 15 m and told me to come back in two weeks. He told me he wants to see if I can fly on my own,doing the exercisers alone.

VICKIE-Glad that the scale is moving downward.I guess the body has to rest for a while before losing again. I have to start think of more exercising that I was doing.

JOJO-I think your right we're going SNOW over her in the states.

PAM-Sorry to hear your DH has Diabetes 2 my sister is on the border line and my DS has type 1. So I have to very careful. That I'm don't get it,as it runs in the family.

PAULA-Thanks for the find and sharing it wit us. I buy red grape that I put in the freezer and when I'm hungry I go for them first.

Have a great day I have to go to my choir practice this afternoon.Than later in the evening the handy man is going to put my venetian blinds up for me.

ems81wales
03-31-2011, 05:46 PM
hey girls i lost 1.5lbs this week :D x

Tejas
03-31-2011, 09:42 PM
So, Pam when you get your DH under control, let the rest of know the trick :lol:

Freeze dried fruit sounds interesting and good. I'll look for it.

Maryann, I hope you've found the solution to your problem.

Congratulations, Ems! Good for you.

I had a good day today, keeping the calories to 1200 and having breakfast for dinner. I expect that we will have popcorn while we watch a movie later, so that will add a few calories but not too many.

pam920
03-31-2011, 11:04 PM
ems, congrats on your loss. You are doing great. I lost a pound earlier in the week and it has stayed the same, so I'm happy. I'm officially in the 150's now. I'm down another size too. Keep up the great work.

Rhonda, I had breakfast for dinner too. Not sure about calories. I took a very small potato and didn't use all of it, but sliced super thin and had turkey bacon and 2 eggs. Even splurged and had an english muffin with sugar free preserves. 1200 calories is pretty low, you can have the popcorn guilt-free. My husband went shopping and got some of the foods I told him about. So far today he is doing good. His kidneys are bothering him again. He gets kidney stones and hope he doesn't have an attack while he is by himself.

Nancy, if you check in, you have been on my mind all day.

Maryann, hope you have found a solution and will be pain free.

Anyone been watching the Decorah eagles nest? The eggs should be hatcing any day now.

ontarget
03-31-2011, 11:54 PM
Ems and Pam, congratulations on the weightloss. You are both doing great.

Several people on Curtis' side of the family have diabetes. I worry about him. He has a sweet tooth, too.

Vickie, how did dinner go? Did you have your fruit this afternoon? I just finished some banana and strawberries. For my sweet tooth, I toss cut strawberries with a little Splenda. Shame on me, right?

Rhonda and Pam, bfast for dinner sounds good. I had a turkey/cheese wrap. I'm taking another one to school tomorrow for lunch.

Paula, the freeze dried fruit sounds good. I'll keep looking for them around here.

Maryann, I'm glad you found the cause of your pain. Was that a tens machine your PT put you on? Curtis and I have one here at home. We should use it more often.

I went to our dgd's softball game tonight. We won. Lots of fun being with folks in the stands and watchin the girls. Life is good.

Nancy, I'm thinking of you.

sloanie
04-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Hey chicks. I've been MIA for a few days and just saw Nancy's post about Robin. I am so shocked and sad for her!

Nancy, I sent you a fb message, but I will post here as well. I want you to know I am here for you and will be praying for you. I wish I could do something more!

jojo23
04-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Way to go Ems :carrot::carrot: Great loss. My WI is Sunday morning. If it isn't good, you will find me lying face down in a box of doughnuts, with a happy smile upon my face.

Morning all. Missed you Sloanie.

What's the weather like now Maryann? My knees are creaking well this morning!

blessedwithsarah
04-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Really??? Its snowing......and no, its not a joke :(

jojo23
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Calling Nancy

My dear friend Babs is having a mass said for you and your family,this coming Sunday, that you find comfort, strength and healing. It will be said at 10am UK time in our local Catholic church. On average, they get a congregation of 500, but it will probably be more because it is Mothering Sunday (you call it Mother's Day).

beach bum
04-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm so happy to be PAIN FREE for the second day. Have no idea if it was the sleeping on my tummy or did my pinched nerve untangle from whatever was causing the problem I don't know,but I'm PAIN FREE.:cheer3:

EMS-:carrot:CONGRATS on your 1.5 weight loss:carrot: this week. I found a new thread on a board that I go to that is starting a counting calorie/portion control thread. Hopefully I will lose like your doing.

RHONDA-Thanks,Hope the hand will become stronger now that it doesn't hurt anymore. When I went to the calorie thread and clicked on the calorie counter I was told to lose 1 lb a week I would have to consume no more than 1213 calories for light exercising and more if do moderate activity.
-
PAM-Thanks,I think I have. No my dh used to watch the eagles [don't know if they were the this Decorah eagles or not] on a web site that had a camera on the nest and you could watch the eggs hatching and than the mother & dad freeing the chic-lets until the left the nest.

SANDRA-I don't know what the machine was called but it was the size of a small cell phone or I pod and it had two electric pads on it the therapist but one one the front and the other on the back of my left shoulder.

JOJO-It snowed last night according to my friend Alice but when I go up it dark & dreary with a light mist so we decided not to go to our Friday adventure to the PB club. Now it looks like the sun wants to come out. Sorry about you knee creaking.Mine are fine except when I sit to long they get stiff on me.

Have a great day going to start my dinner

Tejas
04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Maryann, it is a real challenge to eat only 12-1300 calories, I know! For this week I'm doing what I said I would do: 1500 on workout days, 12-1300 for off days.

I've lost another pound and will change ticker.

Tejas
04-01-2011, 05:31 PM
About Nancy

Hi Everyone: If you search for "Mitchell's Funeral Home Raleigh" you will find the homepage of the funeral home responsible for Robin Carroll. You will see his name listed and there you will find lots of pictures of Robin and Nancy and their family and friends. It's heartwarming. You can also leave a message for Nancy if you like.

Rhonda

Vickie
04-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Thank you, Rhonda. I just went and signed the book and looked at the pictures. My heart is so sad that Robin is gone. Well, it's sad for Nancy and her family but I know that Robin is with God and it looks like he had an awesome life! It's never long enough for those of us left behind.

Tejas
04-01-2011, 11:57 PM
You're welcome, Vickie. I just read your comments and mine in the digital memorial book.

No, it's never long enough, you're so right.

Yesterday was the first anniversary of the death of my dear friend, Allison.
She left us in her mid-forties, leaving her parents, sister, husband and two teenagers, one of them my god daughter.

pam920
04-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks Rhonda. I hope you also find comfort in your memories of Allison. How are her children doing?

Nothing new here. So far my husband is doing well. He got his tester yesterday. He is trying to eat right and even got on the treadmill the last 2 days. I think this has really scared him.

Suppose to be a beautiful day today.

Vickie
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! It should be a quiet day for me. It was supposed to be a pajama day but now I have to go back to Penneys to fix an errand I screwed up yesterday. They had a huge 40% off sale on salon shampoos and conditioners. I bought 2 shampoos by mistake. Harumph.

The scale is still down a trifle but not as much as I hoped. I still have 2 days before weigh in to make headway. How are you all doing?

Pam, I'm glad that Jim's Doctor got his attention. it is really a frightening disease. I remember the Nutritionist telling us that protein does not affect blood sugar very much, so in the beginning my Jim ate more protein and veggies when he was hungry. Anything low glycemic will be good for him. Hope that helps a bit.

Oh Rhonda, how sad. I remember your sharing Allison's death. She's left a wonderful legacy. How lucky they are to have you. I still miss my own best friend Cindy almost every day. I haven't seen either of her kids since the day of the funeral or her husband whom I counted as my friend as well. Her husband is now engaged and the kids are doing well. I keep in touch with them on FB.

Vickie
04-02-2011, 11:20 AM
OOOPS....I missed all the posts on page 3! I'll have to read them and come back to post.

Vickie
04-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Well, it took me a while to get back here.

Paula, I'd love to know if you have a particular brand name that you are fond of eating. So...is this considered a Simply Filling/Power Food and free if there is no added sugar? This could be exciting now that I'm back mostly on WW.

Mary Ann, that is GREAT news! I hope you stay pain free.

Ems, 1.5 is OUTSTANDING work for a week! You are just plucking right along. I hope to go with you on your journey.

Rhonda, Jim and I had popcorn for dessert last night. It was yummy. I decided to have that instead of my usual Zone double dark chocolate bar and skim milk because I was hungrier than usual. It worked for last night but I was starving when I got up this morning.

Sandra, dinner was wonderful as always. It's our date night and we've come to know all the other regulars and of course our regular server. It's something to look forward to. I don't think there's anything wrong with you putting splenda on fruit. I like things really sweet too. Splenda is a life saver for me.

Hey Sloan, hope all is well with you.

JoJo, good luck at your weigh in tomorrow. Are you feeling recovered?

Time for lunch.....WOO HOO!!!!!

pam920
04-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Vicki, if we follow simply filling technique/south beach diet, we should be okay??? I told him he will have to watch the breads and pasta. He did buy whole wheat. The dr. gave him a free tester and he's having a hard time pricking his finger to draw blood. I have no idea what all she gave him. I'll check into a nutritionist when I get back to KY in 2 wks. He has gotten on the treadmill each day and has increased his time, so I'm really proud of him. He is at least trying.

I don't see a page 3, but I have 40 per page and am seeing only 2 pages.

Maryann, I'm so happy you are pain free. woohoo!!!

Vickie
04-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Pam, Jim won't use his finger. He opted instead for FreeStyle Freedom Lite. Jim draws his blood from his forearm and there is little to no discomfort. I've had him check mine a couple of times and it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the finger. I think I've read that there are MANY nerve endings in the fingers and that is why it hurts so much. http://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/freestyle-freedom-lite-blood-glucose-monitoring-system.html. The FAQ's say that you can test in the leg/thigh/calf as well. It only requires a tiny amount of blood, which my Jim has been happy for on many occasions. Many insurance companies offer a free monitor and sometimes the companies offer them free as well.

I'm sure the eating will be a whole new world for him. He needs to eat regular small meals and stop fasting and having those big meals. I'm sure that's spiking his blood sugar. Congratulations to him for being on the treadmill. I should be there myself.

Tejas
04-02-2011, 03:07 PM
I went to the gym this morning and did interval training and additional cardio as well as some abdominal and core exercises. I could easily take a nap :lol:

Instead, I'll go out and do a little family visiting.

Pam and Vickie, Allison's children are doing as well as could be expected. Her daughter is doing well in school and in her music. She and I stay in touch often through FB and email. Her son has Asperger's, and is probably less emotionally affected; hard to know.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here, and I hope to get some gardening done later today. My front yard is an embarrassment!

beach bum
04-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Work up late this morning around 10ish and than I went out to buy some crazy glue to fix a hand on my cuckoo clock Leo gave me,but it didn't work. So my clock will hang on the wall,until I can figure out what to do. One thing I'm going to try is a craft store like HC MOORE or MICHAEL' S and see if the have clock hands.

RHONDA- I think your correct in telling me that 12-1300 is a Challenge so I went to anther calories web site and I found that I can have 1348 instead,so that the new figure for me. I normally eat around 1400,so I will say this is a doable amount. I don't exercise much, other than bike run indoors & walk along the beach each for 20 mins.where once I was up to 30-45 before my knee surgery. Thanks Rhonda for the funeral information.I remember also when you told us about your Allison,so sad especially when she was so young,but we all must go though this,hope you find some peace & happiness in the memory of her.

PAM-Happy to hear your DH is doing fine,its always a scare,when having diseases we can't control, unless we eat right and exercise. Men some how don't believe this until it happens to them. Leo was the same way.Thanks,hope it doesn't come back,but I guess it up to me to do those exercises fatefully.

VICKIE-I went up .5 so I call this a maintain. Hope the scale holds for you until Monday at your W-I. Thanks today is day 3,and no pain,so I guess when the therapist used a different machine on my last Thursday the pain went away.

Have a great day

blessedwithsarah
04-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Vickie - I ordered from www dot nutsonline dot com. I'm considering them a SFT food since there is no sugar. A cup of the strawberries is only about 50 calories or so. I figure its a good crunchy healthy snack - so I'm counting it. I don't think you could overeat on this stuff, but it is addicting.

Nancy, thinking of you today. I read Robin's obit on line and saw the pictures. Wow, what a life he had. You were blessed to share a life with him and he's now at peace.

Well, need to figure out dinner tonight. DD is hungry still -- she just had 2 rice cakes with pb and banana. I'm making her wait 10 minutes before she has anything more. DH should be home soon.

Have a good night ladies!

ontarget
04-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Rhonda, thank you for the information on the memorial site. I just posted on it. I feel so sad for Nancy.

Thank you, also, for your update on Allison's family. I wish I could give you a hug now. :hug:

We have been shopping for carpet and then working in the yard. It feels good to be getting some things done. Did I mention we have 2 hummers?

Tejas
04-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the hugs and thoughts.

Hummingbirds already?! Time for me to put out the feeders I guess.

I spent hours weeding the front yard today. It is full of weeds, stickers and ant beds. So far, I've not encountered fire ants, but they're probably there too. I can hardly move my arms from some exercise I did yesterday so I imagine that it will only be worse soon!

I changed my ticker to reflect another pound lost.

Vickie
04-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Rhonda, WAY to go! I know how hard it has been for you to lose those pesky pounds. So......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:bravo::cheer::yay:

ontarget
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Rhonda, you go, girl!! I am proud of you. I am back up to 185 now and need to get busy.

We worked in the yard most of the afternoon. I was raking leaves and pulling weeds. We also spent a lot of time watering. One good thing about this drought is my rosebushes don't have blackspot. :lol:

So far we have 2 hummingbirds. We put up one feeder before we left for Louisville just in case someone came by scouting. The day we got home, we saw one little hummer, so I changed the sugar water. The next day we saw 2. I don't know if both got here while we were gone or not. Anyway, they're here, and we're enjoying watching them. Bluebirds are still living in the birdhouses. They've been here a lot longer this year. Maybe they've decided to make this home. I hope so. Fire ants are here. I wish they'd move somewhere else.

Tomorrow evening we'll be going with some folks from our church up to a mission in Fort Worth to serve some folks. I went last month. It was very uplifting. Curtis is going this time, too. I'm glad we'll get to share this with each other. Life is good.

jojo23
04-03-2011, 03:54 AM
Can't believe this at all.... I am 5lbs down:carrot: WAYTOGO,

Well done Rhonda too, I know how hard you worked to shift it.

Yes, thanks Vickie Fully back to normal now.

blessedwithsarah
04-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Congrats to Jojo on the fabulous loss!!

Congrats to Rhonda on the great loss as well!!

I need to refocus. I've been maintaining but not losing.

ontarget
04-03-2011, 11:33 AM
JoJo, :woohoo: :woohoo: Amazing!

Paula, I hear ya. I'm doing the same.

Tejas
04-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Congrats Jojo!

Yesterday I exercised, ate only 1500 calories, and the scales were up 2 pounds this morning. I'm ignoring that, but I just find it amazing that my weight can do that overnight. We did go out to dinner, but I ate modestly: grilled fish and veggies. I had no bread, no alcohol, no dessert. There must have been too much salt on the fish. :dunno:

pam920
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Morning chickies.

jojo, amazing. That is such a great loss for only a week. WTG :bravo:

Rhonda, I wouldn't worry about it. When we go out to eat, I always expect to see a pound or two on the scales. They put so much salt on everything. Sometimes it's so salty, I can't eat it. Been happening a lot lately too.

Sandra, I'm still in awe of our great accomplishments in Louisville. We get fire ants here too.

Hope everyone has a super duper Sunday. will check in later

Vickie
04-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Good Morning Chicks! It is going to be a quiet day for me today. I slept late and just had breakfast for lunch. Not sure about the rest of the day's food. I was starving when I woke up.

Tomorrow is weigh in. My fingers are crossed.

We are supposed to get really bad storms tonight with possible tornados. They always make me nervous.

I'll be crazy busy tomorrow with two weigh ins and cut and color. I probably won't talk to you all until Tuesday.

JoJo......5 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! Aren't you just the most awesome Chick?! Congratulations.

beach bum
04-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Going to have a beautiful sunny day but of course the winds are stopping us from walking along the beach.On Monday its going rain,so we won't be able to out again for our walk.

Its going to be quite day,so I'm going to read and copy some of the recipes I got from the cookbooks that I picked up from the library.

SANDRA-What kind if carpets are you looking for??? I'm in the middle of look for curtain sets for my new bedroom,but I can't find the color that will match my bedspread. A friend of mine say that you don't have to match the bedding but can have any color since my bedroom wall are natural. Don't know if I would want that or is that the old fashion way of looking at that.

RHONDA-Congrats on your 1 lb loss :carrot: I Maintained on Saturday. I've seen some birds coming back put I don't think our locals are here yet the once I seen are going further and just resting here for a while. Never got into the practice of feeding birds as we get to many squirrels and mice around here and I don't need them making nest in my attic.

JOJO-Big:carrot: Congrats to you for losing 5 lbs:carrot: wish I could lose that amount,but with out exercising I have to keep my calories to a low and I think that's the reason I haven't lost since my knee surgery back in January.

PAM=:wave: thanks I'm resting after I finish posting.

Have a great Sunday

ontarget
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Maryann, we're looking at a neutral brownish color. That's the only way I can describe it. Whatever we get--has to be better than what we have. Our current carpet is horrendous.

Rhonda, don't worry about it. You know you're doing well and are making good choices. The weight will come off. Has to be salt.

Vickie, ;) ;) ;) for a good wi and for no tornadoes!!

Thank you, Pam. I appreciate that. Folks at Sunday school gave me an ovation when I walked in this morning. (It's hard to be humble.)

I have spaghetti in the slow cooker and am showered and ready to go tonight. Life is good.

Vickie
04-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I love the wall to wall that we bought in the family room. It's a light coco color and very plush.

I'd give you a standing ovation too if I could!

Tejas
04-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Sandra, there is no reason to be humble. You did it, you deserve the accolades. Remember: "It ain't bragging if you did it"

blessedwithsarah
04-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm curious Sandra -- Spagetti in the crock pot?? Share please :)

ems81wales
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
:p

jojo23
04-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Morning all.

Vickie Are you OK? Still in the same state? Or have you done a Dorothy like the Wizzard of Oz?

I have a minefield coming up today. A coffee morning in aid of the county air ambulance this morning, and a 100th birthday party (its not mine:)) this afternoon.

sloanie
04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey chicks, sorry about being MIA. Nothing wrong, just crazy busy. Love you all!

Tejas
04-05-2011, 09:44 AM
hmmmm, there was a post here last night by someone new. It's not here now. Maybe she withdrew it and went to the general WW weekly thread.

I don't have much new to say. I'm sore from yesterday's new upper body workout, but that's not news!

Oh, my massage therapist said that she would help me with my gardening. Isn't that sweet. She's in her early 30's and loves to garden. I told her OK, only if she'd let me pay her. She can also get plants at wholesale because she does some work for a garden center. :woohoo:

Jojo, I hope you're surviving in today's minefield.

I forgot to tell you that we did the first tap performance of the season yesterday. I made a very obvious mistake, but nobody threw me out of the group (not yet, anyway)!

beach bum
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM

Woke up late again but I'm not going anywhere with this 40 MPH wind.It did something to my weather monitor that Leo nailed to the deck. The reading this morning went blank.Have to read the instructions to reset the *@&* thing.

Going to make Sloppy Joe Impossible Pie for the dinner today.Have all the ingredients so why not.

SANDRA-I love neutral colors as they are so pleasing to the eye and mind.My DD had a bright orange wall fin her dining room and finally she change it to a soothing green.

RHONDA-So how sweet of your therapist. I'm lucky to have a woman living in our building that likes to putter in the garden as when she down here she does her thing and the yard looks so pretty. I on the other hand DO NOT HAVE GREEN THUMBS. I can kill a cactus ,so my garden is full of flower bearing plants.

Have to go as its getting late have a great day

beach bum
04-05-2011, 12:27 PM

Woke up late again but I'm not going anywhere with this 40 MPH wind.It did something to my weather monitor that Leo nailed to the deck. The reading this morning went blank.Have to read the instructions to reset the *@&* thing.

Going to make Sloppy Joe Impossible Pie for the dinner today.Have all the ingredients so why not.

SANDRA-I love neutral colors as they are so pleasing to the eye and mind.My DD had a bright orange wall fin her dining room and finally she change it to a soothing green.

JOJO-Have a great time at the :woo: 100 birthday party:woo:

RHONDA-So how sweet of your therapist. I'm lucky to have a woman living in our building that likes to putter in the garden as when she down here she does her thing and the yard looks so pretty. I on the other hand DO NOT HAVE GREEN THUMBS. I can kill a cactus ,so my garden is full of flower bearing plants.

Have to go as its getting late have a great day

Vickie
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Come On Over To This Week's Thread!!!!!