South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBD Daily Chat for Monday, March 28

Good morning everyone,

Our trip to Philly was great, except I had a weird respiratory virus/issue the whole time (and had had it before we left) that my friend who we were travelling with diagnosed as Fifth's disease - a note had been sent home from school in the past week saying 5 kids had been diagnosed with it. My face developed a weird rash on Saturday which clinched it for her. I'm feeling better slowly (was never feeling really terrible actually - just uncomfortable). Anyway, we had a great time.

This weather has go to go!! I know it's supposed to get up to 50 this week, but come on, it's ridiculous. Where on earth is spring?

I'm back on Phase 1 through Thursday, then we'll see how April begins. I'm going to Texas in May and would REALLY like to be solidly in the mid-150s by that time, not bouncing up and down into the 160s.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Glad you had a good trip, Matilda. I just wish you'd been feeling bettter for it, though.

It seems like winter is reluctant to let go. I believe the beginning of March was much warmer than it is now! I even heard the dreaded "S" word mentioned for later in the week.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Staff meeting has been scrapped in favor of phone banking so it's a WFH day. Just two work days for me this week then a whole day to myself before heading to my folks for the weekend. I am so looking forward to "my day"

Mathilda - yup, Fifth's is usually ID'ed in programs by the slapped face rash. I never knew there were so many odd viruses before working in child care.
Glad you were able to enjoy your mini-vacation anyway!

Cottage - I was laughing about that weather thing. DW says the sun never shines in central NY and sure enough there's "s" in the forecast for my visit. I almost took my snow tires off last week when Ruth did but am glad I waited. Let's hope this is the last burst. I am so ready for spring!

Time to plan my day out. Hope your Monday is a breeze (the soft, gentle Caribbean kind not the New England coastal variety)
Old 03-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

Matilda, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your trip even though you weren't feeling your best. Fifth's Disease always causes big problems at our school in the spring - pregnant teachers, volunteers and parents have to stay away. So far we haven't had any cases yet, but it's not really spring here til April so I suppose that's why.

Linda, March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion for us too. Blustery wind and snow flurries again today and "significant snow" on Friday. I'm loving the bright sun and longer days though, so I can't complain. And it will be April before we know it.

Busy day today, school of course, then the After School program, a walk with a friend and the grocery shopping that I put off all weekend. Oh well, the busier I am the less time I have for snacking. LOL

Enjoy your Monday friends!

Hi Cyndi. Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-28-2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: saw Cyndi's post :)
Old 03-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning ladies. Day off today with my honey! My cheat meal will be today instead of tomorrow (because I'm working tomorrow). Strange, I don't feel like anything! I might still eat good. Last week I wanted something and didn't have it, this week I don't! Ah well...listening to my body. I agree with the sentiments of spring.....where is it??? Here in Mass. it's freeeeeezing still! I'm about done! Have a good day, ladies!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for cranking us up, Matilda. Glad your trip went week despite Fifths. Take care of yourself so you don't get Sixths Sorry!

So, Chickies, where the frass is Spring? I am getting thoroughly annoyed with her. I took a stroll behind the barn yesterday and the ground is still frozen solid. I was really hoping to dig my raised bed. Unfortunately the weather lout predicts a cold spring. Grrr! I do remember planting in sleet one May 18, with tears running down my face. My DH rescued me and took me out to lunch.

Today I have the usual list of niggles including wash and store the winter stuff but I think I'll wait a bit. I need to track down the lad who paints cars. My 2004 Ford Focus needs some body work - so do I for that matter - and Grant comes highly recommended. He also does farm work and is syrup making right now so it may be a while before he gets to it.

I hope your Monday has patches of warmth and sunshine - maybe even some flowers!

Old 03-28-2011, 07:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

It's chilly here too, although the daffodils and crocuses are up. I'm supposed to go to VA, but my tummy is not happy, so I may beg off and WFH. Luckily, it's a meeting I can skip without too much repercussion. DS is not feeling great either. The weekend went too fast, even though it was 3 days, boo. Got my good food all ready in the fridge, but nothing appeals right now, I think I'll stick with tea.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

The "s" word is not to be spoken. No thank you - really.

Finally thawed out after the tournament Saturday - and then back outside to have practice yesterday 9-12. It was 25 when we left the house. Now - it was dry and the sun was out, but really!!!

Today is a regular work day with more state testing the next three days. Ate a bit too much starch this weekend, but at least didn't gain much - just stuck right around the 170-171 mark. Gotta start running on a regular basis!

Be well -
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Weather is crappy here too. Snow on the ground today. More possible this week. What happened to Spring!?

I am pleased to be able to start today with no regret about dinner out last night. Hubby chose his favorite Mexican restaurant. I ate not chips. I had fajitas with one low carb, wheat tortilla. And when we stopped at Cheesecake Factory to pick up decadent dessert, I got none. Not one bite. One meal out this week down, two to go!

Off to work out with my mom, then cardio at home, then grocery shopping, then working on my son's college visit.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Matilda, ouch for your mini virus AND fifth's...but glad you had a great time anyway.

Linda, hope you're feeling better, too.Sending supportive thoughts to you and your family, especially mom.

Schmoodle, hoping tea smoothes your tummy...glad you can WFH today.

Cyndi, glad you, too, can WFH.

Heidi, I agree, the busier the better...definitely curbs the snacking.

Kristen, enjoy your day off with DH!

Ruth, thx for the pretty flower...we have more snow this morning which looks like it will water all the trees and hedges, anyway.

bea, I won't say the s word around you! Great getting right back on track after a starchy weekend.

Karen, yay! for a successful dinner out, last night. Enjoy your workout with Mom and I'll try to remember today is Monday not Friday.

Natasha, thx for checking in with us yesterday!

Rose(TallandThin), I hope Frenchie is feeling better today!

Me, had a bit of insomnia...a result of taking a nap yesterday, I'm sure. Now I'm running a bit behind. I'm going to Boulder today to get a free tune up on my bike...it'll have to go inside the car since we got snow last night. Mom is going with and we have a list...library, Penneys, REI, Costco, vacuum place and Tool King for Kirk. Now I need to rip apart 2 vacuums to see if I can figure out which part we need so I can save the $35. the guy charges to open it up on site.

Food and exercise on track! Yay! Tracking still on track, too.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #11  
faylene

Default newbie

good morning everyone
im new here and very excited about losing...but your all apt to get sick of me cuz i know the only i can do this is to constantly posting to keep focused...i need to lose 65 lbs and im gonna be 53 in aug so i would like to have that gone bythen to start my new yr with but i think thats a bit much but from what ive read here and in the sb book i mite be close if this works...ive tried everything else from nurtisystem to ww and it seems all i lost was my money so im looking forward to making new friends.
faylene
Old 03-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi faylene! Welcome to the daily chat. I'm with you...I know the only way I can do this is to keep in constant (every single day, preferably mornings) contact with this group. When I started SBD in May of 09, I made a 6 month commitment to stay OP, and yes, for those first 6 months I worked every event I went to into SBD approved. I weighed in, but didn't fret about the daily ups and downs or the week or two that I didn't lose...I kept remembering it was only a half year out of my life. It didn't take long to start feeling better and the weight comes off in it's own way. I averaged about 2# per week. After maintaining for a year, I've gotten serious again and it's averaging about the same, 2# per week. Best wishes! You'll make great new friends here!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I'm doing well!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Still no announcement here, although I have heard that the decision HAS been made and sent across the street...so basically we're just waiting on the Sheriff's approval before WHOEVER got it gets told they got it, LOL

Mmckellen - Ouch...sorry you were sick for your trip, even if it was just "uncomfortable" more than sick. No clue where Spring went...we've still got pollen here, but some of it washed away w/ the rain and left me a nice little green river in my driveway.

Cyndi - Yay for WFH day!!! Staff meeting was canceled here as well...woot woot!!! Hope your day gets here soon...everybody needs at least one day for them a couple times a month.

Ruth - I can still hear the rimshot that followed your joke...but it DID make me giggle. LOL

Schmoodle - Hope you and the youngun feel better soon.

WaistingTime - Good job last night. It takes A LOT to resist the Cheesecake Factory, for sure. You're awesome!!!

Lexxiss - Ouch...hope you were able to get your vacuum problem solved w/o being dinged for an extra $35. That's crazy!!!

mamma04930 - Welcome to the forum!!! Posting frequently is one of the best ways to stay on track...or I think it is, at least.

Heidi and ultimatebea and Okie -

Hopefully I'll hear some news, one way or the other, tomorrow. I hate waiting, LOL
Old 03-29-2011, 01:32 AM   #15  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

Evening everyone............the day got away from me but just wanted to stop by and at least read all of your posts even though I don't have the time for personals............Day went pretty good, got my walk in and eating was ok but could be better. Hope everyone had a good day and now I'll take a few minutes to catch up. Later
Closed Thread