Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 12 (03/28-03/03)

Bigmid
03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi everyone well here we are with only 2 weeks left. Unreal how fast it went at the end.

Well it's not over yet.....................the show has been extended and now so have we.:carrot::carrot::D

Hi Blue and Red team members,

Just to let you know the BL season 11 TV show is not over until late may so this is how we are going to do the rest of the BLNYNY2011 challenge:

Once we are done the next 2 weeks we will go to the purple team where we can all chat together if you want to post your weight there weekly you can do so on the purple thread each week.

On May 22, 2011 we will go back to our original team weigh in thread and post our final weigh in.....just like on the show. They go home for about 6 weeks and surprise everyone. Well we are going to do the same thing.

We decided it might be fun to do it this way rather than adding 6 more weeks to our own thread we will do like on the show and have a comeback finale. This is where the BL for the teams is decided as well as the BL altogether.

So everyone make sure and add this date to their WI thread

Final WI: 05/22

Remember though we are still here for you after April 10th were just going to a purple team for a few weeks.

Bigmid
03-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Well we used 1 Freebie and lost 1 player to elimination but I hope they stay on as an unofficial member

Congratulations to our Biggest Losers for this week and congratulations to everyone else....you are all doing fantastic and way to hang in there. We only have 2 more WI then it's on to the purple team then back to our final Blue Team WI on May 22. We will then be moving onto a summer challange from there.

Biggest Loser:
Soon2BFitChick, -7.8, -4.74%

Honorable Mentions:
spryng, -3.2lbs, -1.96%
Matilda08, -3.4lbs, -1.52%
sandlll, -2.5lbs, -1.47%

Team Loss of -20.5lbs, -.51%

Transporter
03-27-2011, 11:55 PM
what the ****! i wanted to post my weigh in and you guys elminiated me.. its not even midnight yet. THANKS

Bigmid
03-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Sorry Transporter the cut off time is 10:00 AST and I didn't finish doing the results until 15min after that. Please feel free to stay on that's why I didn't close off your post.

Transporter
03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Can i still post my weigh in? sorry i thought the closing time was midnight :(
actually been postponing it all day thinking i have till midnight lol

Bigmid
03-28-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes you can still post it the only thing it doesnt count for the team total anymore but we still want to know how your doing and it helps keep you accountable. ( at least that's what WI does for me anyway:))

mumtoliam
03-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Way to go Soon2BeFitChick!!!! and the other losers this week!

Wow - how exciting!!! A purple team!!! Thanks for thinking up this! I can't wait to continue this journey! I am struggling a bit this week. I am on Long Service Leave and have one month off from work. The fridge and cupboard are always on my mind. I have eaten a lot already today. Still within my daily intake but I know that I typically eat again at night and that is off limits today! Otherwise I will be over! Not a good start to the week.

I am going to a conference Tuesday and Wednesday! Leaving my house at 5:30am both mornings, I could have stayed overnight but decided to spend time with my son of a night. He is not going to cope with the two early mornings.

On Sunday we are going on vacation for a week, to lovely Lindeman Island in the Great Barrier Reef. I hope the weather is good. So my last week in this challenge will be a freebie week.

Hope you have a great week,

drinkypants
03-28-2011, 05:19 AM
Congrats!! Soon2BFitChick :cb: :cheer3: spryng :cheer3: Matilda :cheer3: sandlll!! Awesome job all of you blue losers!

That sucks you missed the time Transporter =[ I am still not exactly sure what AST is.. it looks like it is a time in Canada, or Arabia Standard Time they both go by AST :?:

mumtoliam, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Bigmid - I am so excited about the purple team, and extending the challenge! Thanks again for all of the work you do for us!

river
03-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Great work to this week's biggest losers!

The purple team is a great idea. Our final weigh in date is also the date of my half marathon. :D

Bigmid
03-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi just to let you know the results are posted and the red team won for week 11.

Vanessa - I hope you have a wonderful holiday it sounds really nice.

Coco - AST is a bit confusing but that's what they have been using for years so we just keep it up. Google helps alot:)

river - a half marathon, I can't even imagine that at this point......that's awesome

Well better get my butt to work have a great day everyone.

spryng
03-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I love the purple idea!! :) Gives me more time to stay accountable, I know I don't get to chat here very often because I'm soooo swamped with work and just plain exausted but I do take pride in weighing in to support the team each week and I can't wait for the final weigh in in may! so exciting! :) This was my biggest loss week since we started, I lost 3.2 lbs by changing up my diet, I'm so proud of myself for getting some momentum again :) So here is to another great week! Stay strong all!

dream710
03-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats to our Biggest Losers! I'd like to blame my gain on getting a cold but to be honest I just made a lot of poor choices. I'm ready to step away from mindless eating and step towards healthy eating. I can do this.

Selina-Your pic is super cute! Congrats on making it goal, you've come so far!!

River- I'm doing a half in September. I'm a little nervous, the most I've run at one time is 3.5 miles, I've got a long road of training ahead of me.

abetterme
03-28-2011, 12:23 PM
I am very excited about the purple team. That's awesome.
Congrats to our biggest losers this week!

MamaP
03-28-2011, 12:27 PM
I really like the idea of the purple team & the added 6 weeks, just like the show. Gives me a little more time to un-do the damage I did before I got my head back in the game too. Hope everyone has a great day. Congrats to all the losers this week! Next week I'll be in the teens . . . again!

KimberlyP
03-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Congrats Everyone!!!

Narnia99
03-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Congratulations to Soon2BeFitChick for being our BL this week, awesome job :cp:
Congratulations to Spryng, Matilda, and Sandll as well :cheer3:

I didn't have the greatest week as I was away from home, and didn't make the best choices. I'm up one pound so I am going to work extra hard this week to get rid of it, and hopefully more as well!

Jacky, I think it's great about the Purple team. Gives me more motivation to get back on track. Thanks for all your hard work :)

Dream, have a wonderful vacation. Hope you get lots of :sunny:

Transporter, sorry that you missed the weigh-in. I've been confused about AST as well. I hope you'll still stay on with us.

River & Dream, that's awesome that you are both going to be :running: a 1/2 marathon. :bravo:

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

PageLynn
03-28-2011, 10:37 PM
Congrats to the BLs this week!
Sorry I haven't been around. My personal life is a little crazy right now. Legal stuff concerning my baby son and to top it off the ex wants to reconcile yet still take me for joint custody! Life is just getting hectic...

Bigmid
03-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi just stopping by to say goodnight. I had a crazy day at work, had to stay late then got home ate exercised now in bed at 9:15pm so tired. I'll be back tomorrow to post.

sandlll
03-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi Everyone, looking forward to another good losing week! I love the idea of the purple team and then back to weigh in in May! Thanks!!

PageLynn
03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
So I am going back to calorie counting as weight watchers makes me feel guilty about some of my food choices. I feel if I have the calories I shouldn't need to feel guilty. Just realize that next time making smarter choices or indulge when able to. I missed up on not researching food choices prior to eating. one small serving of caesar dressing at quixno's = 320 calories! Now I had the calories just not the points...see my issue?

Narnia99
03-29-2011, 06:38 PM
:wave: everyone
Day 2 of being back on track and I feel really good. Now I just have to learn how not to give up when I am sick or injured.

Page, I found the same thing when I tried WW, (at home), years ago. I find counting calories works best for me. I know WW works for many people though.

Jacky, good for you for still doing your exercise after working late. That's dedication :cheer3:

Doragone
03-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Congratulations Selina - sorry you had to be sick to be our BL, hopefully you're on the mend.

Congrats too to Spryng, Matilda, and Sandll.

I've never won BL, but I am so happy to have almost finished the challenge and to have lost 20 lbs, whoot.

Well, keep up the good work and wish me luck - tomorrow is my MIL birthday celebration at an excellent Mexican restaurant that has killer Margaritas, plus I've made her favorite cake - a bundt rum cake. I have faith in me, but can't pretend it won't be hard.

ttyl

Dora

gvntofly
03-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Well I missed the weigh-in. I forgot to post earlier in the morning and I was at my sister's 30th B-day party that evening. I just have to make sure I don't forget again. I was up a couple of pounds anyway.

I just started P90X a week ago, so I know that I am retaining water because of it. I know that that I will shed the water weight once my muscles become more accustomed to the weight lifting. It just may take a couple of weeks!

P90X is hard but fun. Most of my friends think I am nutty, because I get up at 4am to do my workouts. For me that is the best time, the kids are sleeping and there is nothing else to do! I get up, get it done and I am happy and full of energy the rest of the day!

Bigmid
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi crazy few days so haven't been on much. I'm really tired and lazy tonight after work so I really need to try to get my workout done.
The weather has been nicer here but now they are calling for another 10-15cm of snow for Sat. I'm done with this......Spring please.
I'll come back and post when I do my workout:)

KimberlyP
03-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Just stopping in to say hi! Hope everyone is having an awesome week =D

Bigmid
03-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Morning didn't stop by after my workout but I did do it:) 40 min on the elliptical.
I hope everyone's day is going good so far. I work up to a few snow flurries and now they have changed Saturdays forecast to 15-20cm of snow:(. We are supposed to be having an open house then too. Who wants to go out in that.....not me but I'll have to:)
Well off to get a cup of coffee

Dora - how did you make out at the party?

Doragone
03-31-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks for asking Jacky - I did well, had a grilled chicken salad, no drinks (except Iced tea) had a vita top instead of cake. The only thing I did "wrong" was I didn't exercise, but we didn't get home until after 1 am.

Looks like one more pound for me this week, always wish it was more.

Hope all are doing well, its winding down, but I'm not giving up, hope you all are still motivated too.

ttyl

Dora

Narnia99
03-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone :)
Well it looks like I put on more than just one pound while I was away. For the past 2 days I have been up an additional 2 lbs. I'm working hard to get rid of them though. Has anyone read, The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto? I bought it awhile ago but I just started reading it. So far I like what he has to say.

Dora, good for you for making healthy choices at the Mexican restaurant :cheer3:

Jacky, yikes that is a lot of snow for this time of year! Hopefully, the Spring weather will arrive soon.

Gvntofly, wow 4:00 am! That is dedication, good for you :cp:

Have a great night everyone :wave:

Soon2BFitChick
03-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you Dora. I am a little better. I have moments. LOL. Lost another 1.6 lbs so far this wk. Gonna stop losing soon tho, maybe 5 more lbs off.

And thanks to everyone who said congrats about being tbl this wk. Yeah, what a way to win it, eh? LOL. :faint:

Congrats to all the other winners too! Have a great weekend if I'm not back til then. They may wanna move our new baby here midwk next wk. Yay! He is a month old. :)

Hugssss, Selina :hug:

gvntofly
04-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Gvntofly, wow 4:00 am! That is dedication, good for you :cp:

It's tough but once I start the warm up I am wide awake! I feel great all day and I am sleeping much better at night now!

Soon2BFitChick
04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm back for a min. Just to say hi! Drinking coffee .. and doing work paperwork. My 2 year old was throwing up yesterday.. hope its gone now! Don't want the bug here when the new baby comes. :(

Hope you all have a great day!! :df:

Hugs, Selina :bb:

PageLynn
04-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Good news for me guys....I GOT A NEW JOB! I much needed job. I had to take a freebie for the week since I am not at home this weekend. I haven't weighed since Wednesday morning and honestly I haven't been eating well as I am staying at my son's dad's house and being around him reminds me why I gained weight so easily lol. He is always eating! I am going to try to do better this month than last. I'll be moving out on my own with my sons soon so I will have better control of food and things in the house thank goodness. I am ready for my own space!

Selina: Good luck with the little ones!

drinkypants
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Yay about the job Page!!! You can get back on track this month =]

Selina - I hope your lil one feels better soon, I am glad you're feeling better :) Do you know when your new baby will be moving in?

Bigmid
04-02-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi just a quick pop in I'm in bed again and may stag here all of tomorrow too.....LOL. That would look good durning the open house:). Not sure if anyone will come it's a rain/snow mix right now and with the temp falling and 20cm of snow to come it will make very bad road conditions.

Page - Congratulations on the job that's awesome. Instead of taking a Freebie you just just put in the same weight as last week if you want. It just needs to be in by 10Ast on Sunday

I'll be back tomorrow to post some more

abetterme
04-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Hey guys.
It's been a crazy week. My husband is in the middle of inprocessing at our duty station and I'm with him in a hotel room for this week which means no work outs! Eating healthy is somewhat of a struggle but im trying to do well. Instead of eating at the food courts and fast food places here on the base I bought Healthy Choice steam fresh meals to microwave in our room. We found a great apartment yesterday and already have the keys and will be moving all of our things out of storage this coming week. Things are so busy right now!
I can't wait to get back in my work outs. Being sick really threw me off and now that I'm better I'm stuck in a hotel room all day!
Well that's what's going on with me!

PageLynn
04-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Bigmid: Thanks and okay I will just change it to my previous weight.
CocoLoco: Thanks! I can't wait to start. I have been out of work for over a year so it will be nice to have my own again lol.

drinkypants
04-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Kelsey - Is there a gym on base? I am not sure about all bases, but the four I spent time at while my husband was in the Air Force let spouses use the gym for free. (2 Army bases 2 Air Force) All you needed was your military i.d.. You could always call and ask in case you are really itching for a workout :) Since you are moving this week though, I am sure you will get some good workouts in, just from that hehe Congrats on finally moving in with your Hubby!

Narnia99
04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
:wave: everyone
I've been on plan this week but my daily weigh-ins have been all over the place. One day I'm up two pounds, the next I'm down 2 pounds, and today I'm up 3 pounds. So, I don't know what to expect for my official weigh-in tomorrow. I have a feeling that I am retaining a lot of water right now, as I worked my legs hard two days ago and my muscles are still really sore.

Selina, I hope your 2 year old is feeling better. BTW, great picture!

Page, congratulations on your new job, that is awesome :cheer3:

Jacky, I hope your open house is a success.

Kelsey, congratulations on your new apartment! Good luck with your move.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

abetterme
04-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Kelsey - Is there a gym on base? I am not sure about all bases, but the four I spent time at while my husband was in the Air Force let spouses use the gym for free. (2 Army bases 2 Air Force) All you needed was your military i.d.. You could always call and ask in case you are really itching for a workout :) Since you are moving this week though, I am sure you will get some good workouts in, just from that hehe Congrats on finally moving in with your Hubby!

I'm pretty sure there is gym. I might have to check it out. Moving furniture will be a good workout too, though!

Bigmid
04-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Hi sorry I didn't make it on here earlier....no reason just did my workout, then we were snowed out of having the open house, then pretty much just caught up with some of the stuff on the PVR.
Hoping for an okay WI tomorrow I saw an okay number this morning and ate good today but well see......fingers crossed.
Talk to you later.

Doragone
04-03-2011, 04:11 AM
Here's to a winning week!

Started my new workout program, so I'm concerned next week will show a gain because of the muscle soreness, but I'm pleased to be using the weights now.

Congrats on the job Page, and Kelsey getting in a new place with hubby.

Good luck Jacky on your house and your numbers here.

I looked at the weights and looks like Angela had a big loss. Just 1 pound for me, but I'll take it. So many of us have done such a great job.

Hope its good news tomorrow night or Monday - go blue!!!

Dora

Narnia99
04-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Sorry team but I posted another gain this week :( My weight has been all over the place this week. I know I am eating healthy and exercising so I just have to trust that eventually I will start losing again.

Have a great day everyone!

gvntofly
04-03-2011, 07:08 PM
My weight is still up but I am happy to report that I have completed 11 days of P90X!! I am already stronger than I was at day 1. The pair of jeans I put on today were a little bit looser than they were a couple of weeks ago, so I know that I have at least lost inches wise. The weight will come off soon too. Maybe by next week I will drop the extra water weight.

Bigmid
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi just a reminder that you only have 37min left to post your weight.

good luck everyone and hope you all had a great week

for those with the gains don't worry about it your eating healthy and exercising and that is the important thing. the weight will start to drop off soon enough.