Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Working out+maintaining=building muscle?

I found this thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...t-thing-2.html and thought it was an interesting read but then I was wondering something... what happens if you're working out (and increasing your workouts over time) but you're maintaining your weight? Does that mean you're building muscle and losing fat at the same time?
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

it can, but not necessarily either...... it takes heavy heavy lifting to build muslce..... are talking a long period of time ( year or more) or lesss than a month?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #3  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

About a month. I've maintained my weight but drastically increased my workouts. I've noticed that my body shape looks very different (DH has noticed it too) but my weight hasn't budged. I also definitely have a lot more energy and just feel better in general.

I think the reason I haven't lost any yet is that I'm still adjusting to my new eating needs (a month ago I was pregnant and nursing a toddler, now I'm not doing either anymore) so I'm probably eating at maintenance level and still need to cut back more. My food choices have actually been pretty good (lots of fresh fruits and veggies, almost no eating out) but I think it's just the amount and my body still adjusting.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote