UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #1  

Default Noob.

Hiya, i'm from the West Midlands and i have partial spina bifida which makes normal excercising difficult
Raspberry74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 216/187/140

Height: 5ft 7

Raspberry74 ; welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find lots of support and encouragement here to help with your weight loss
tamara72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 AM   #3  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi and welcome! Good luck on your weight loss journey
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'3"

Hi raspberry74 and im sure u find it to be as useful as i have! any questions just let us know and we will try our best to help you out

mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #5  

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm currently twice the weight i should be for my height ( as my dear mum used to say 4ft 10 and a tab end ) and as i lost my mum at a young age for her due to her weight and the health problems that go with it, i know i need to do something about mine. Mainly my problem is comfort eating and knowing when to stop so i have cut out all the rubbish and am eating things like porridge with honey for breakfast, chicken and sweetcorn sandwich for lunch and baked potato or a weight watchers meal for dinner along with celery or carrot sticks to snack on so i am doing ok at the moment and it's nice to know there are lots of people in my position who can inspire me to keep going! I don't feel alone anymore
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 14st/ticker/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry74 View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm currently twice the weight i should be for my height ( as my dear mum used to say 4ft 10 and a tab end ) and as i lost my mum at a young age for her due to her weight and the health problems that go with it, i know i need to do something about mine. Mainly my problem is comfort eating and knowing when to stop so i have cut out all the rubbish and am eating things like porridge with honey for breakfast, chicken and sweetcorn sandwich for lunch and baked potato or a weight watchers meal for dinner along with celery or carrot sticks to snack on so i am doing ok at the moment and it's nice to know there are lots of people in my position who can inspire me to keep going! I don't feel alone anymore
im so sorry about your mum hunni . It does sound like your dedicated to make the changes for weight loss, i too comfort eat, my mum used make huge portions when i was kid, she did it out of guilt i think because she has a mental illness and when i was young she was sectioned for months at a time leaving me and my younger brothers with my pathetic excuse for a adoptive father, so when she came out she would pile the plates high with carbs and meat and the sweetie draw was always overflowing! i only ever really gain so much weight while pregnant though as i again i comfort eat to deal with a horribly painful pelvic condition i get, now im left with the over-eating aftermath lol!

i have found it to be so brilliant on here, everyone is in the same boat and so we understand eachother and the challenges dieting brings, i really do hope u get the same feeling of support and warmth i have xxx

mummyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #7  

Oh my! We sound like we could be sisters! My mother was sectioned a lot too although i ended up in foster care which led to clean plate mentality ( sit and eat til it's gone or else ) and the or else part was usually very nasty. I didn't realise how bad she was until i was 16 and went back to her in which she played the guilt card every time she self harmed saying it was my fault.

If i could i would be out at the gym every day taking my frustrations out on some sort of machine, haha but my spinal problems have increased over the last couple of years. I used to be a school cook and did all the usual heavy lifting that goes with it and to anyone i hadn't told i seemed completely healthy but hours got cut and i couldn't afford to travel to the school to work and nowhere near me was taking on so i handed my notice in. From there i started getting what the doctor thought was sciatica until i reminded him i was born with partial spina bifida and could it be getting worse? I went for numerous ct scans and mris to be told i have 2 vertabrae fused together, a cyst at the base of my spine, a split in my spine in which one side is smaller than the other and the left side of my spine is dehydrated due to a spinal fluid leak and as there is too much wrong i can't be operated on because it hardly ever improves the situation for a spina bifida patient so i am resigned to a life of tramadol and diclofenic taking it easy! But that has drastically reduced my activities. When i was first in pain i took some washing out of the machine and couldn't walk for 3 days, i couldn't even move my hips to put my legs on the bed as it hurt too much! Now i am increasing my walking to strolls into town which is about a mile or so and i am waiting for someone from the local leisure centre to assess me to see what else i could do to get more exercise.

Anyways i think i have gone on waaaaaay too much! Thank you for sharing mummyof3 and keep up the good work! xxxxxx
Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #8  

Good luck to you Raspberry74! I can understand your pain - a little - as I have rheumatism/artheritis and god it is hard getting up to go loo in th night when all your joints creak and crack!

Whether we have a huge hurdle to cross, multiple things wrong with us or just a can't be arsed attitude - we all find it hard to stop stuffing and start slimming! I am definately a comfort/boredom eater and need to go back to eh Slimming World way of eating.
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote