Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 11:21 AM   #1  

Default Exercise Advice!!

Help! It has snowed a whole bunch and is too cold to be outside with a baby. I need to exercise, but don't know what to do! The local mall is too tiny to walk in...I would appreciate any advice you can give!
Tara
Old 12-19-2002, 11:39 AM   #2  

Most of my exercise is with videos - doesn't matter what the weather is. There is a wide range of tapes available. A great resource for home exercisers is www.videofitness.com

Judy
Old 12-19-2002, 01:01 PM   #3  

Sounds like a good idea. My living room isn't overly spacious, so I am thinking I need to try something that isn't all over the place!
I think I will check the local library and test some out.
Any suggestions for good videos? I checked the site you mentioned, it was helpful.
Thanks!
Tara
Old 01-07-2003, 10:17 PM   #4  

Monique,
Thanks for the advice. I actually saw those videos the other day and wondered how they would be! I will definitely give it a shot- I am also not very coordinated!
Tara
Congrats on the excellent loss- how long have you been at goal?
Old 01-08-2003, 11:11 AM   #5  

Target has the WATP tapes for $6.99 each, if you have one near you. Sam's Club has the 3 pack w/ the weighted balls for around $20. I think someone said WalMart had the same set for the same price, but I have not looked there.

I have the 1 mile and 2 mile. I did the 2 mile last night for the first time. Very easy/uncomplicated, but a good workout, I thought! The 1 mile is good, too.

Last edited by StraitLover; 01-08-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:51 PM   #6  

How long are the tapes? (1 mile, 2 mile...)
Old 01-09-2003, 01:37 PM   #7  

Approximates; I don't have them w/ me.

1 mi = 15 min
2 mi = 30 min
3 mi = 45 min
Old 01-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #8  

Wow! That sounds fast! Do you really motor? I tried my own version this morning. It was too windy and cold to take the baby out, so I out her into her Snuggley and we danced around the house for almost 40 minutes! It was really fun- I only intended to go for 15, but kept on going. The baby fell asleep after about 5!
What are the walking tapes like? Is there music? Is it fun? Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:12 PM   #9  

The time just flies by, I promise! There's Leslie and a group of people (1 guy) in them. There is music, just your generic diso-y workout music. You basically only do 4 steps - walking in place, side steps, knee lifts and front kicks. You add in some arm movements to rev it up, and you can use her weighted balls or your own 2 lb hand weights if you want; you don't have to. They have a meter that pops up on the screen that tells you how far you've gone. The 1 mile does it in .25 mile increments. The 2 mile does it in .5 mile increments.

I tell you, anyone can do these! They are easy, but they're fun, too. I've only been doing them a couple of weeks, so I'm not tired of them. I could see that later on I will want to mix them with other stuff. They're great right now w/ the cold weather.

Check your library. You might be able to borrow one before buying.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:07 PM   #10  

Sold! That really sounds like a lot of fun, definitely something I would enjoy! Do you think it is something I could do with my daughter in her Snuggley?
Old 01-10-2003, 10:02 AM   #11  

I don't have kids, so I can't say if you could or not. She might get jiggled around a bit, so I definitely wouldn't do it right after she ate!
Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 PM   #12  

Thanks for all the input! I will try not to feed the baby right before exercising! I don't think I can get the tapes here- no Walmart for another 9 months. I will let you know when I get/try them!
Old 01-10-2003, 05:15 PM   #13  

Monique-
Regardless of if you consider yourself at goal or not, you should be proud of yourself for such an amazing accomplishment!
Ilooked at the local Zellers today- no luck. But I go to Walmart a few times a month, so I will look next time. I know they had them last week.
For now, I will use my new Pilates tape, get some others from the library, and walk when possible. Today I only got in 15 minutes outside-it is SO cold! Then we took the baby to the mall and cruised around in there for another hour. I figure anything is better than sitting on my butt!
So, do you have any specific plans in mind to help you reach your personal goals?
Old 01-20-2003, 06:23 PM   #14  

Monique,
I hope things are going better for you by now! Don't feel bad that you have had a few set backs- the main thing is to deal with them so that you don't regain after such an amazing loss! I found it hard to get motivated after having my baby, especially since I have to relose what I just got rid of a couple years ago!

I have finally purchased the walking video- started with 1 Mile to make sure I like it. It is wonderful- I would recommend it to anyone, but especially moms with little babies. I put her in her Snuggely, and away we go! She fell asleep and is still sleeping while I post!
Thanks to everyone who suggested them to me!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:14 AM   #15  

Angry TURN ON THE MUSIC &

HI, Just turn on your music and dance or move, just do your own thing. kids love it to. do not know there ages. but make it fun. i take line dance to once a week. but i just get radio on and move and make up my own things. walk in place or what ever. good exercise for me. good luck. LaDean
Closed Thread