Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default The "Experienced" thread continued

They closed our other thread.

Welcome back Amy.

good job Melissa

syoung....be strong just one day and it turns into two then a week then 5 pounds gone!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #2  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Thanks for starting another thread for us darbs7!!! nice job on the scale moving btw!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! I am sure glad I found you guys!! It is nice to be able to vent and come here for support!! One day at a time, I shall keep going...
Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Thanks for starting another thread for us darbs7!!! nice job on the scale moving btw!!!
And we are the same weight right now...let's do this!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #5  
mepeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
And we are the same weight right now...let's do this!
I saw that. I am 1lb away from 177, but I did pass up going to my fav burger joint for lunch today so maybe not so far away.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

hi gals- day 2 on a more strict focused protocol. going ok but damn i'm impatient! i want this last 17 off! decided to makeover the bathroom. a little bit of the project each night should keep me from obsessing on food. (ya, right it will, but hey, i'm tryin something different!)
Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/165/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi experienced IPers. I have a question that is keeping me up nights. does everyone lose hair on this program?? has anyone not had the hair loss?? is it a given if you lose weight you lose your hair?? Thanks in advance, calival
Old 03-25-2011, 04:45 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondar View Post
hi gals- day 2 on a more strict focused protocol. going ok but damn i'm impatient! i want this last 17 off! decided to makeover the bathroom. a little bit of the project each night should keep me from obsessing on food. (ya, right it will, but hey, i'm tryin something different!)
I know the feeling I end up going to bed at 8 some nights so I won't be tempted to eat anything. Also, I go shopping on weekends so I stay busy. Can't wait for the weather to break here and we can do outdoor activities. I hate the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
Hi experienced IPers. I have a question that is keeping me up nights. does everyone lose hair on this program?? has anyone not had the hair loss?? is it a given if you lose weight you lose your hair?? Thanks in advance, calival

I have been on since September and have not noticed a major hair loss, but does seem like I am losing more hair than normal when I wash it. I have seen alot of people post about it and Carla had a big long explanation for it at some point. Wish I could help more
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #9  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Page through the threads...there are at least a couple that discuss hair loss. There is a lot of great advise there.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/170/140

WI this morning!! Ahhh...don't think I will ever be excited for WI. I don't think I have lost any since I have been bloated all week since I started the Novi-Cleanse that my coach suggested! Wish me luck!!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #11  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Calival,

Search "Dr. Eades Hair Loss". He has a great blog discussing why rapid weight loss causes hair loss. It's very reassuring though doesn't say we can stop this process. That being said, if you are losing hair you should see your primary care provider just to be sure.
My hair started thinning big time when I reached phase 3 and started eating a more balanced diet again. It makes perfect sense the way Dr. Eades explains it but it is pretty unnerving just the same. Hope this helps.

Lynn
Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #12  
mepeterson

Day 4 Ketosis Once MORE!!! Yay!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #13  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Hey, ya'll! Been MIA for a while, but still on protocol (perfectly the last three days, yay!). Good to see everyone making progress!
Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #14  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

I can't understand why I do the things I do. Was strict on protocol since Monday and for some crazy reason, last night I decided to "sample" a girl scout cookie. They were even out in the garage in the freezer! Of course one lead to two and then watch out. I think I inhaled 5 cookies total! My eating was so fast it was just like inhaling! Well, kicked myself in the butt as soon as I wiped the crumbs off of my face and told myself to let it go and get back with the program. I was doing so well and the scale was down almost 5 pounds since Monday. I've got to keep drinking my flavored teas to statisfy my sweet tooth.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/IP 155/146/118

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I can't understand why I do the things I do. Was strict on protocol since Monday and for some crazy reason, last night I decided to "sample" a girl scout cookie. They were even out in the garage in the freezer! Of course one lead to two and then watch out. I think I inhaled 5 cookies total! My eating was so fast it was just like inhaling! Well, kicked myself in the butt as soon as I wiped the crumbs off of my face and told myself to let it go and get back with the program. I was doing so well and the scale was down almost 5 pounds since Monday. I've got to keep drinking my flavored teas to statisfy my sweet tooth.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Oh, Iowahawkeyemom, I do feel your pain. Even though I am on maintenance now, I am doing similar things, i.e., binge, Phase I, binge, Phase I, etc like a seesaw. You have done so well up to now. You need to remember that when you are tempted with the "first" bite , RESIST! I tend to be an all or nothing person, too, but I am trying to change. From experience, the first bite is the killer . When I am tempted with the first bite, my mind goes into a food fog and all rational thinking ceases from that point forward. Some people can modulate themselves, but it seems as though you and I can't. I marvel at darbs who can go off and on and continue her weight loss journey with the same zeal and commitment as before. I know that I am having difficulty embracing that this is a journey like she said and, unfortunately, think of it as a race. I am trying to change.

As a suggestion, from one who has been there and a fellow "all or nothing person", you have to stay the straight and narrow until goal. If not, you will be in and out of ketosis like a swinging door and then you may not have the commitment to keep on going. You are doing fantastic and you can get to goal, but you have to remind yourself that you can't succumb to the carbs because it is a slippery slope that makes it so difficult to stop .

Hope I am not overstepping my bounds and projecting my issues on to you, but those carbs can make you a crazy person and kick you out of ketosis if you let them!

Good luck!
Closed Thread